Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Visual Studio Code reviews

Over Visual Studio Code

Broncode-bewerkingstool voor MacOS, Windows en Linux.

Meer informatie over Visual Studio Code

Very easy for beginners to pick up and use. Great functionality overall and can't be beaten for the price.

Sometimes you need to install and customize your own plugins and you may get a little lost.

Beoordelingen van Visual Studio Code

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Visual Studio Code heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.616 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Visual Studio Code eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.616)

Steve
Steve
Web Developer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Visual Studio Code - A Simple Review

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Lazer
Lazer
Applications Developer in VS

Lightweight and Feature-rich Code Editor

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: VS Code has allowed me to easily maintain workspaces of related code files, search between them, and track and understand the current state of many codebases. It's intuitive and has many shortcuts that allow me to edit code quickly without taking my hands off the keyboard to use the mouse.

-Source control - Highlights changed, deleted, added lines when you are working in a git repository. UI Controls to stage changes, view the current status of edited or staged files. -Syntax highlighting, intellisense (suggest auto-completions for variables in scope, available methods based on MDN), direct links to documentation on many languages - Plugins add support for more languages, local html servers, code snippets, extended source control visibility, remote collaboration and more - Dozens of tremendously useful keyboard shortcuts, supports mulitiple cursors, VIM key bindings if you're that kind of person - Integrated terminal with multiple shell options - Many color themes so you can pick something that feels good for your eyes on your screen -Frequent updates and bug fixes

There are some minor differences between the Mac and Windows versions, and I use both. On Mac, you can Cmd + Scroll to enlarge/shrink the code font size. In Windows, using the keyboard, the only option is CTRL +/-, which also makes the UI elements larger and smaller. I don't usually need those buttons to change size, just the code text.

Matthre
Director in VK

Visual Studio Code is a great free tool

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

VS Code is free, that's got to be the best thing and being cross-platform it tends to be our go-to when we're setting up new projects

We've had occasional problems with plugins and updating, I'm still struggling with one Ubuntu instance that has a VS Code update pending but it breaks MySQL Workbench.

Robert
Robert
Owner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

VS Code Great for just Coding and Nothing Else

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Basic coding and general development issues. Not my first IDE to turn to. Benefits: Fast and easy to use and quick loading time if you need something faster than standard VS IDE.

I like the simple layout is and easy to use interface. It does not take up that much memory and developers can perform most functions using code. I also like the ability to launch code from PowerShell or Command Prompt. Another thing I like is it allows for old-school coders to go to something with no frills or thrills. This is good for someone who doesn't want to add additional packages or features to a program.

Packages need to be installed via command prompt and ran through node.js to work within code. It takes too much time outside of developing. That is why I use standard Visual Studio because it is easier to add a NuGet Package from the VS interface than going through node.js.

Lluc
Marketing Technology Team Leader in Tsjechië
Entertainment, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

VSCode and the turnover of the market

5,0 3 maanden geleden

It's free, open-source, highly maintained, compatible with all platforms, highly configurable, easy to develop for and on. Huge online community and contributors and high integration with almost any available product out there.

Projects are scoped into project files, and it's quite difficult to manage in a single windows all the other projects that you might be working at the same time with different configurations. This also includes the ssh tunnels to server machines to visualize the folder and file structure and make real time modifications, which requires you most of the time to have a separate window instead of a tab in the same one.

Miguel
Senior Web Designer in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Great App for Programmers

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

I've been using VS Code for a while now, and it is one of the most powerful apps for programmers and developers. It includes a lot of features that help you as a programmer to accomplish your goal and task more quickly and effectively.

Maybe when you just start with this app could be overwhelming, it looks more complicated in comparison with other options.

Akshay
Project Engineer in India
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Insights of Visual Studio

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Ease of use and productivity with debugging capabilities.

Ability to support various programming languages.

There is bad compatibility with MAC versions,

Humberto
Coordinador de Infraestructura TIC in Colombia
Import en export, 501-1.000 werknemers

Visual Studio Code makes my life easier when developing.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: A great experience for me as a development user, it allowed me to generate high quality code for my clients' applications quickly and easily.

Its intuitive interface, integration with the different tools that support development such as DevOps and the ease of correcting errors in the custom code.

So far I have only seen that at some point without updating the application it can cause some problems in the integrations.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Visual Studio Code

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Visual Studio code is a very powerful code editor. One and foremost pros is that it's free. You can enhance your development experience by simply adding any extension.

It requires more configurations than other code editors.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Great code management software

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

i like to use visual studio code because it gives me the best experience when executing my projects.

Sometimes it is very slow and it make delays.

Swaibu
AWS Solution Architecture in Tanzania
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers

Visual Studio Code

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

To collect some errors when I'm used to writing code

It's easy to use to write some code on my own

FAZLE
Software Engineer in Bangladesh

Best code editor ever

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: To me this is the best code editor till date. The intellisense, linting and git tool it comes with in a comparatively lightweight setup is amazing. I don't have to do extra stuff if I want to code in a remote machine with its ssh tunneling tool. Along with these, various free plugins from microsoft and community has increased my software development throughput a lot. I really love this software.

Comes with great intellisense for the languages I work on, support for tunneling to remote machine and forwarding ports easily, out of the box diff checker, git tool and wide range of plugins from microsoft and the community.

Intellisense sometimes uses huge amount of memory and sometimes intellisense does not work as expected in mac machine.

Md. Tohedul
Software Engineer in Bangladesh

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Lightweight all in one tool for developers

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is the most powerful and lightweight ide software, especially for windows os users.

This software is very lightweight, I like it the most about this software. This software can be used even in low config computers. Anyone can use this software to develop any kind of software.

Sometimes IntelliSense does not work properly in some programming languages. This thing I like least about this software. Else everything is okay.

Janrich
Student in Zuid-Afrika
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

VS Code: text and code editor supreme

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Since I'm studying for a Computer Science degree, VS Code has helped me tremendously with my studies. It has eliminated the need to use multiple text editors or IDEs and provided a single, powerful editor from which I can code.

The huge abundance of extensions really provides users with what they need. You can keep it simple and vanilla or customize the way you use VS Code to suit your specific needs. The quality of these extensions is also great and installing them is as simple as clicking "Install". Sometimes VS Code is smart enough to recognize the programming language you're working with and intelligently provides a recommendation to install supporting extensions. Having version control via GitHub, already built into VS Code is also a super useful feature.

Changing settings can be a bit difficult. There is a Command Palate where you can search for settings to change, but I find the use of it a bit daunting and I can understand if newcomers also find this a difficult but necessary tool to learn.

Bibhuti
CTO in Nepal

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Review from a daily user

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is super awesome. In my 8 years of web development journey, this is the only tool which doesn't have an alternative.

- If you are a web developer, it has everything you need. I never felt need for its alternative. - The code editor its build on top of, its cool. I myself use the same open source technology on many projects. So its kind of personal favourite for me. - You get extensions for almost everything. Plus being a developer you can build any extensive you need. - Whether I am on a Windows Pc or Ubuntu or Mac, I can get same experience. If it had cloud support for settings & config, that would be awesome.

- Its built on top on chrome, so it comes with its issues. I.e. slow, consume more memory etc. You can easily differentiate performance of vscode and sublime. - It should provide a cloud support for settings and user preferences. Whenever I switch machines or operating system, I have to migrate all the settings & configs. Simple user sign in and sync like in Google chrome would be nice.

Goran
Owner in Kroatië
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The single best lightweight IDE out there

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it for frontend development. Ever since I started using it, I fell in love with it. It is easy to customize, has great options (colored brackets that just hit with the latest update are a life saver!) and is a treat to use. It makes coding a more enjoyable activity than it already is. It is great for beginners as well, as my wife has started coding and is finding her way around VSC with ease. I use it on a more professional level, and all the websites I made in last four years were built in VSC.

It is everything I need from an IDE. Fast, easy to use, simple to personalize, and efficient at what it does.

Sometimes, some settings can be hard to find, as there are so many, but functionally I have no gripe with VSC or any of its features.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Emerging IDE that is mightier than the available one's

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent editor that every developer must have as a trick under their sleeves

The heap of Extensions made available are the best part after the intuitiveness of the product. The capabilities of the product are not limited for the developers coming from any background. Editor is super intuitive with debugging controls, themes, key mapping makes it more powerful. This IDE is faster with larger code bases as it is efficient with background caches. It consumes relatively less memory comparatively. The support for multiple languages is a major plus alongisde the extensions available for every single language.

Environment settings are not good - using, remapping is often difficult. Side by side diff view must be improved. Terminal has ton of bugs and often do not perform as expected. Too many updates enforces many restarts - I often receive pop-ups and I end up doing many restarts and most of the time rebuilding cache eats away battery. Git integration must be improved although it offers all functionality. Intellisense sometimes disappoints with unrelated imports not being properly prioritized especially with snippets

Bogdan
Tech Lead in Roemenië

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A code editor that can replace you IDEs

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: VSCode has been very good to me, allowing me to use my time more efficiently, to basically get more done through simpler interfaces and good integrations

It simplified my development flow as I was able to replace Visual Studio with VSCode for most of my non-.net development needs. I now use VSCode for all lightweight backend work and for all the frontend javascript work. Navigation, search and replace and tooling integration is much better than most full-blown IDEs. Tasks and Build tasks are gold.

It sometimes glitches when using certain plugin combinations (such as Live SASS Compiler with SVN) and you have to manually disable them. Workspace trust is starting to become a bother as I switch projects very often throughout the day and I usually checkout clean copies.

Jona
Student in Duitsland
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Revolutionizing Coding for CS Students: A Review of Visual Studio Code

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I would rate my overall user experience of VS Code very highly - it is a powerful and versatile text editor that can be easily adapted to a wide range of coding projects. The flexibility and customization options provided by the software make it a valuable tool for coding projects, and the built-in debugging and integrated terminal features make it a great choice for development work. The various extensions available for different programming languages and tools are also very useful. While it can be resource-intensive and managing extensions can be a bit of a challenge, these downsides are outweighed by the benefits of using the software. I would highly recommend it to other students in the field!

As a CS student, I appreciate the flexibility and customization options provided by VS Code. The ability to customize the interface and add various extensions for different programming languages and tools makes it a valuable tool for coding projects. Additionally, the built-in debugging and integrated terminal features make it a great choice for development work!

A potential downside I found as a user, is that it can be resource-intensive, particularly when running multiple extensions at once. This may cause slower performance on lower-spec computers (which was my case during the first years of uni). Another potential issue is that it can be difficult to manage and organize the large number of extensions that are available, as well as keep them updated. I could also say that the initial learning curve is a bit steep, but it can definitely be overcome with time and patience.

Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Full-featured, user friendly IDE

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Visual Studio Code does it's job as an integrated development environment very well. I use it every single day and it makes the task of editing code as painless as it can be. It's highly configurable and there are thousands of extensions available for getting even more from it.

The first great thing you'll notice about Visual Studio Code (or vscode) is how easy it is to install and configure. Users of Windows, Mac OS and most Linux distributions will find easy-to-use installers on the website, while other distributions often have their own packaged versions available in distribution-specific package managers. After installing vscode, if you open a file type that has extensions available, vscode recommends an extension to install and manages the install process for you. I work with Go; vscode has very good support for working with .go files (with the help of a few extensions). Installing and using linters, formatters and debugging tools are all taken care of. Extensions are another big positive - there must be thousands available, covering things like support for different programming languages, spellchecking, changing the theme of the entire app, integrations with other development tools, and plenty more that I haven't thought of. Of course, the main job of an integrated development environment (IDE) like vscode is to make coding easier, and vscode does good job of this. As well as support for the standard text editing features that you'd expect from any tool, vscode provides extra features to help programmers, such as jumping to definitions of a function, automated refactoring, snippets, editing with multiple cursors, and more. Oh, and vscode is free, for private or commercial use.

I really don't have much negative to say about this software. It does its job fantastically, and I use it every day. I would say that support may not be on the same level as you would expect from an enterprise level support contract, since it's free software, but I have also never needed support. The team developing vscode are also constantly introducing new features and improving old ones.

Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

If You're Coding, You Are Already Using This... Or Seriously Should Be

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: VSC is an incredible workflow accelerator and workflow assistant. I love using it to open Folders and having it so seamlessly Save on Focus Change, open in Browser (Alt+B). I remember an old version of Sublime that first showed me I could test a file in the browser from the editor! My point is that it isn't unique to VSC, it's just part of my overall experience. I have barely scratched the surface of the software, but I rely on it.

I like so much about Visual Studio Code, but probably my favourite thing is the simple multi-cursor capabilities. I am currently working on a javascript project for my direct supervisor (not a computer guy) who asked me if I could come up with something to do XYZ Within a few days a colleague in HR (not a computer gal) asked me if I could come up with something that could do ZXY, so I said, "Providence!" and agreed. Well, the challenge became my stubborn insistence on identical architecture for both projects. Anyway, editing large arrays of filenames which I needed to keep organized numerically, by extension, in paths, etc was a breeze with this feature. I realize it is pretty common to robust code editors, but my complementary go-to Notepad3 doesn't, and I sure enjoy the VSC editor in contrast.

There really isn't anything I dislike, but what I like least is probably the seemingly-undercurated variety in 1) Extensions and 2) Intellisense. There are staggering redundancies and besides popularity of download I don't know how to select which Extension-That-Does-X from the many options. Trial and error is trying and irksome. Similarly, Intellisense loses significant value when the same text prompts too many options... all the more so when the one I want is way down the list. I imagine you can cull those lists, but I've spent way too much coding time fiddling with Preferences, custom keyboard shortcuts, etc.

Roberto Antonio
Roberto Antonio
Senior Software Engineer in Brazilië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

The best code editor out there

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is very good, and I am satisfied with this software. I increased my productivity a lot since I use Visual Studio Code. I write the code much faster than ants, thanks to the plugin I incorporate. I have all the tools I need to program in the same software, so I don't need any other application to write the code and test some applications I develop. If I'm going to use a new language, download the right plugin and you're done.
Sometimes there can be a bug in the software, for a while. It seems to consume much RAM for a few seconds and then decreases. It's not very annoying and hardly ever happens, but it's something that needs to be fixed.
The plugin community grows every day, so I have fun trying the new ones out there. They are easy to install and uninstall, so I have no problem with that.

Visual Studio Code as a code editor is the best I have ever known; it is a very powerful software that meets all the needs of a developer: it has a great file management system, integrates easily with Git, create a server to test the applications and see the changes live. It makes it possible for two or more developers to work on the same file and many more things. It is possible to do practically anything necessary with Visual Studio Code because it has an almost infinite repertoire of third-party applications, to be able to satisfy every need. Downloading them is quite easy and fast, so many more possibilities are added to this software. Its interface is very customizable, so it is possible to leave this working environment to the liking of each programmer. The colors and functionalities can be changed with the options that come from originaly and with the extra plugin that is downloaded. The code editor is very intelligent; it predicts correctly. This makes work much more comfortable and avoids errors, as well as increasing the speed with which it is written. It supports all the programming languages I know, that's impressive.

At first, it is a little challenging to use, it has many options. New users find it difficult at first to get used to it and to take advantage of the full potential of Visual Studio Code. Every time you install it on a new device, you have to customize everything from the beginning. I would like you to have the possibility of having these configurations and plugins in a cloud account, to be able to give my mail and that the installation of everything I have is done automatically. It consumes many resources, that's a problem for the PC's that are not very powerful. It leaves little space in the RAM and it diminishes very fast when extensions are installed. It is necessary to have a powerful computer to use all the functionalities.

Mohammed
Systems Developer in VK
Farmaceutica, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The Best Lightweight Text Editor in the World

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The thing about Visual Studio Code is that its just so seamless, smooth and easy to use that it doesn't feel like much effort when setting it up and using it on a daily basis. It hardly ever lags, consumes very little resources and one can just start coding (in a variety of languages) almost instantly. The business problems it solves are many. It is very easy to create little utility applications (whether it is in Node.js or C#) by quickly setting up some files and coding away. It is very simple to create web pages that are lightweight and flexible. The business benefits as the software is completely free to use, installs very quickly and is very easy for developers to get started with, even if they have never used it before. This benefits the business as developers and software engineers can get working right away and start to create applications that will benefit the company.

The most impactful features include: -Extremely lightweight and flexible: This makes installation and daily usage very smooth -Extensions: There are thousands of extensions that can be added to Visual Studio Code to make it more powerful and get access to advanced features. Virtually all of these extensions are free to install -Visual Studio Code can be used to code in a huge array of languages from .NET languages to even Python and JavaScript languages. As soon as it detects what language is being coded, Visual Studio Code is able to adapt itself to cater for that language clean design -Git integration is present so that one can upload and version the work that they do -CLI: The Command Line feature is a powerful way to perform tasks and improve the coding experience -PowerShell mode allows advanced scripting capabilities -Available on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms Users of Visual Studio or other text editors such as Atom Text Editor will have no issue working Visual Studio Code as it it extremely easy to use work with for different types of software projects. Visual Studio Code integrates very well with different types of versioning platforms such as GitHub and GitLab as well as versioning technologies such as Git and SVN. It also integrates seamlessly with cloud platforms such as TFS and Microsoft Axure. In addition, Microsoft Office apps can be developed by using the Office Add-Ins.

Honestly, it is really difficult to say what is not likeable about Visual Studio Code as it just does everything so well. The fact that its completely free (as are the extensions), that even if there were features missing, it would be hard to criticise. Bu there just isn't anything that I can think of that is something I do not like about Visual Studio Code.

Ankit
Ankit
Founder in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Need IDE? Go for Visual Studio Code

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Experience everything comes down to this single point, the experince is always amazing no matter which file or project i open with VS Code they are all visaully enchanting to the mind i just want to immmerse myself in coding with VS Code being open. I mostly code php and js for my peers and belive me it's the best part about this software.

Ahh VS Code the perfect IDE i have found after countless trials of other IDEs it's easy to use, easy to integrate, and of cource easy to work on with countless addons from prefix checker to lint, been using it for past 3-4 years and everytime i hit my VS Code it's keep me interested in my work the theming capabilites were made for me as i am dark mode fanatic and using a material dark theme on VS Code is a gift from the heavens itself. I highly urge everyone who codes to use VS code atleast for once believe me you guys won't be dissappointed.

apart fromsome missing addons for famous languages like php laravel, and others? nah how can someone not like this amazingly creafted software that helps them code better and faster? i can't and will not have any least liked things about this.

Bhavik
Software Engineer in India
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

An Awesome Code Editor for any Platform

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience with Visual Studio Code has been really satisfactory. It has been an integral part of our software development process and helps a lot in improving productivity.

The thing we like the most about Visual Studio Code is the support for nearly every programming language. Also, the extensions ecosystem is really great. Also, it includes many important features like in built command line tools, inbuilt git and an extensive search functionality including support for regex.

There are not many issues with Visual Studio Code but one area that can be definitely improved is high memory and CPU consumption. Being an electron app, Visual Studio Code consumes very high memory and cpu.

Piotr
QA Automation Engineer in Ierland

Great alternative for paid IDEs

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: To be honest, it is amazing alternative for all paid IDEs that are on the market. It contains almost everything that normal user need. If not it is always possible to enter plugin 'shop' and download missing functionality. Quite lightweight. Works fast and reliable. Unfortunately, windows has two installation versions: User Installer and System Installer, and there is no description on what are they representing on download page. I downloaded User Installer (cause it was first) and two times after ~two months, VSC just disappeared from my computer. I had to download it again, until I got mad and I searched why is that happening -> after downloading System Installer, everything runs smoothly - no more quiet disappearance. Maybe I just didn't know enough how installers work. Also VSC is not as powerful or advanced as market leading IDE company (with paid IDEs). However, normal software developer won't need anything more. Nevertheless, it is totally worth it despite some minor cons.

It is free. Easy to set up and use. A lot of plugins and functionalities - downloadable and adjustable as the user needs Intuitive. Lightweight.

Advanced git integration is not really native, it is done by an external plugin. Finding a plugin that you need may be exhausting. It can lag during a launch.