Over Notion

Cloudgebaseerde en lokale projectmanagementoplossing waarmee bedrijven van elke omvang notities, taken, projecten, databases en meer kunnen beheren.

Meer informatie over Notion

The best thing about Notion is how many things you can integrate with it. From images to databases, to videos, you can pretty much add, or embed anything you wish.

Without recurring tasks and less task-oriented features it was a tough call to make. I wanted it to work so badly.

Beoordelingen van Notion

Waar voor je geld

Notion heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 604 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Notion eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (604)

Greg G.
Greg G.
Operations Fellow in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Notion can eat Google Docs for breakfast

5 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Notion is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of document creation. It offers a loose structure that provides an opinion of how things can work, but is overwhelmingly flexible in what users can do. Never before have I so quickly been able to - create docs - integrate them with dates - add external media

Notion's pricing structure is fair, but it's hard to beat free! Google Docs is only surviving, imo, because so many companies already pay for GSuite.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft OneNote, Jira, Google Docs en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: Notion is simple to use, beautiful, and flexible.

Alberto nahum G.
Associate Professor in Spanje
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A tool so versatile that it will adapt to your needs

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Since I discovered Notion almost two years ago, it has become an essential tool for me. As it integrates such a vast number of options, I can use it to take notes, draft articles, brainstorm new ideas, plan each course week, and keep track of expenses... My workflow has improved because it allows me to have very different aspects of my work within the same environment. I don't need to switch from one app to another because Notion includes several I usually use.

My favorite thing from Notion has to do with its flexibility. I use it mainly to draft essays, blog posts, and articles. It's easier for me than any word processing software because Notion allows me --beyond being a multiplatform app-- to reorganize both my text and my files very smoothly. The heaps of templates available are also a great deal. For example, I use one template weekly to keep track of certain incomes and spending. I have also used templates to plan my classes for one semester or sketch a future book's ideas. I also use it as a note-taking app for every meeting.

I am pretty happy about it, and I have not used several features that look interesting. The only real problem I have had so far is its dependency upon connection. There is no offline mode. So, eight or ten months ago Notion system was down, and I could not access my drafts for half a day.

Mor S.
MLOPs Team Lead in Duitsland
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Good for knowledge management, but not for planning

3 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

It is effortless to view data in different ways (timeline, board, table) and easy to integrate data between pages. It is straightforward to organise and add structure to the team documents and knowledge base. Specifically, I like the template functionality.

Using notion for planning and task tracking is something that I don't enjoy. I think it is not robust enough, and ppl can easily change and manipulate data. It is sometimes hard to understand what exactly was changed. The history doesn't include changes in attributes type and data inside pages. Very hard to track project progress, and it feels hacky. Not enough integration with other standard tools that are used in the company, and the integration with slack, for example, is too basic.

Jennifer Y.
Jennifer Y.
Independent Life Insurance Agent in VS
Verzekeringen, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I Run My Life with Notion

5 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love Notion. Since the first day I discovered it, it has been in integral part of my business and personal functions. There isn't anything I haven't been able to use Notion for, so far.

I use Notion as my Life Dashboard. It is the first thing I open in the morning, and it is open for the rest of the day. I use it for everything from trip planning to client records. I track my budget, my health, my tasks...everything.

It took me a while to get a grasp on linking databases and I do wish it was a little more "user friendly" and intuitive...but there are tutorials and plenty of templates and examples.

Overwogen alternatieven: Trello

Redenen om voor Notion te kiezen: I still like Trello but Notion has so many more functions and options for integrations.

Overgestapt van: Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: Again, Notion just offers so much, I have yet to find anything that compares.

Customer Sucess lead in Spanje
Human Resources, 501-1.000 werknemers

Must have

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use both Notion in the scaleup I am working and also for the startup I am building

It is easy to use, clean, and have a big community of users who will share tips

Blocks. I prefer normal copy paste. Sometimes I get frustrated with the blocks. In any case, once you get use to it you are fine

Overwogen alternatieven: Coda

Redenen om voor Notion te kiezen: I got a discount for early stage startup

Overgestapt van: ClickUp

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: I also got a discount for coda (It is my favorite), but I was already using notion and I did not want to change :(

Clint T.
Owner in Bolivia
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Notion - The Best "Life" Tracking Software Out There

5 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: In terms of business problems, the main one I've solved by using this software is keeping track of "static" information. For example, I run various websites. I use Notion to keep track of affiliate programs I've signed up for. Those don't change very often but now I have a specific place to keep them.

The thing that I love the most about Notion is that it can keep track of everything in my life. I use it to keep track of knowledge about work, personal life, my family, church assignments, and everything in between.

In the past, I tried to use Notion as a journaling software; however, it wasn't as intuitive when it came to adding new information. As such, I've decided to use Notion as a "binder" of my life if you will, containing information that doesn't change very often but that is necessary to keep track of. I love it for that reason.

Vivek M.
Vivek M.
Co-founder and CEO in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Notion does it all - but can be overwhelming

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We use Notion for our knowledge base, project management, task management, and partner portal.

Notion is extremely flexible and can be customized to pretty much any business use case.

The software can be slow at times - especially with large databases. For a note-taking app, I want to see instant response. I have switched to using other notes apps for most scenarios.

Overwogen alternatieven: Jira, Trello, monday.com en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: Notion is highly customizable, more feature rich, and cheaper the alternatives

Saajan B.
Security Researcher in India
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, Zelfstandig ondernemer

WOW, Such a cool note taking app for beginners with so many features

5 vorige maand Nieuw

I like the best feature in `Notion` is to create a "To-Do list" and "Table of contents". And, One more feature that I like most in this software is that, "We can share and collaborate on our notes very easily".

I did not face any issues or a problem while using this software but sometimes I face small lags and glitches when using Notion on my mobile, maybe because of my mobile issues.

Digital Marketer in Ierland
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My favourite productivity tool!

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very happy, it's an easy-to-use all-in-one productivity & project management tool that's perfect for creators and business owners.

The unlimited space to create your own work dashboard and manage pretty much everything in life! The templates are awesome and tons of people have created great databases & templates to be shared for free or purchased for a small price! It really does eliminate all other tools. Great for collaboration on projects too!

There is a slight learning curve involved and because of the freedom to build anything your own way it can be easy to feel lost in the beginning but over time you'll grow to love it.

Kyle L.
Creative Consultant in Zuid-Afrika
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Notion for the win

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It's truly a breeze to use. It's overall quirkiness makes it a lot of fun too.

I've gone through about three use cases with notion and found it to rank right up there with more specialised apps. I've finally settled on what I need from it, and it sure does reign champion.

The only think I could as for would be a 2-way sync with google calendar, to view projects built in notion on my day-to-day calendar without having to open notion.

Overwogen alternatieven: NotePlan 3 en Confluence

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: More tailored to what I was looking for while still being scalable.

Arun sarathy P.
Arun sarathy P.
Content Creator in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Must have tool if you are a solo creator!

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: With all the pros and cons I outlined, I still love Notion and what it does to save my brain space. I just cannot live without Notion.

The best part of Notion is its Kanban view with capabilities to add great deal of notes, tags, keywords, dates, custom fields, within each task. My workflow would be a spaghetti if Notion didn't come to my rescue. I have made my move from maintaining a simple plain vanilla Google Spreadsheet to Notion and never looked back! All my YouTube video planning happens within Notion. And so is the case with my dozen other projects.

The first thing that stands out for me is its non-intuitive Folder - Page structure. The other annoyance happens within different views - whenever I want to see my data in a table view, the list doesn't make sense to me, although I was the one who created it. Another problem with table view is that when my rows grow in number, I had to scroll all the way down while the table itself takes time to load with every scroll. That micro-second waiting time is actually eternity in digital time. One additional irritation is that its mobile app is kinda slow. I just don't feel like even opening it on my mobile unless I really need to refer something real quick. Otherwise, I use just the web app 99.9% of the time.

Software Engineer in Sri Lanka
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Probably the best aesthetic all rounded application.

5 3 maanden geleden

There's so many things that I love about Notion. A good starting point is that Notion can be used for so many things. Note taking, planning, journaling, project management is just a few. Personally, I use it for daily planning, keeping track of my assignments and planning college work and studying for exams. I also use it for project management because I can easily track and plan projects in the same place as I keep my resources. Another great pro about Notion is all the available templates that you can customize. If you are going for a more professional look or if you want an artsy aesthetic look, you can change it to any way you want. Most templates are free but there are paid versions that you can buy as well. Notion is also supported on many devices so you can just view your plans on the go. To add to that, there's many free widgets you could use to add to the various features in Notion. Notion has in built databases, Kanban boards, to do lists, tables, and so many features that you can tweak and use in so many ways.

The only con about Notion is that its not very beginner friendly. It can take a while to get used to all the features and how to use them efficiently. Setting up Notion to how you want it can take a bit of time but this is worth it in the long run. There are many tutorials which you can use to learn and starter templates that you could use, but if you want something very specific and is a picky person it might take time to set things up. Using things like databases requires a bit of knowledge so I would suggest looking at a few tutorials before deep diving into customization. The good things is that the tutorials are abundant so you won't be lost. Putting in the time to get exactly what you want is definitely good for the long run.

Anastasia P.
Anastasia P.
Growth Marketing Manager in Duitsland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

A great platform with amazing features

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I really enjoy working with notion. I think you can easily replace many different tools with just one product and have a better overview of all your projects within one platform. We use it mainly with G-Suite and Slack. It is one of our main tools and I would't want to miss it in my daily routine. I think it is an amazing tool for collaborating but also gathering and elaborating ideas.

I am a huge fan of notion. We use it company-wide as our intranet but also internally for project management, private and business notes as well as a collaboration tool in our marketing department. It is really dynamic and flexible and allows you to integrate many other products like, Google Docs/ Drive, Slack etc. You can configure each page in various ways and adjust the format to your needs. We also share it with our external coworkers and limit the sharing settings to singular pages or whole workspaces. We use it cross-departmental and plan our Marketing sprints with it.

It has a lot of features which can very easily overwhelm you, when you start working with it. I recommend to have a handbook on how to use it and also setup some guidelines on the most important features to your company. There are still so many things, I do not know!

Melissa S.
Learning & Development Business Partner in Frankrijk
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Flexible and Collaborative!

5 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Personally, I love this tool because it allows me to build databases of knowledge, even my personal Resume page. Everything is in one place and I don't have to search extensively through notebooks or confusing organizational systems. I like that you can really transform your ideas from just a thought to reality. Notion is great for tracking goals and helps you to navigate towards your end destination. If you're using it with a team it can be a great place to build up internal knowledge bases- but the trick is keeping it updated and making sure that what you're building is something an average Joe can navigate.

Notion is a great tool to use because you can do a variety of things on the tool. Project & task management, note-taking, building knowledge deposits, I even built my own resume page about myself in Notion! It is a functional and flexible platform that also allows the administration of databases and these can be connected to each other and also provides great value as the ability to connect information between different departments or pages helps our employees find information easily.

The mobile apps aren't 100% amazing, there are some features that I think should be more included with the free version and the price is a little high.

Overwogen alternatieven: Confluence, monday.com en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: Visually, the UX was the best and building pages inside of pages is really visually pleasing.

Sven H.
Tech Integretanist in Duitsland
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Allrounder

5 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: All in all, Notion is top of the game when it comes to customization. No longer do you have to take an off-the-shelf software and adapt to it. With Notion, everything adapts to your needs and stays always customizable. A must for any user looking for freedom and structure at the same time when it comes to organizing your thoughts, life, project and products.

There‘s not much Notion can‘t seem to do. You can easily adjust it entirely to your liking - however, there is a pretty steep learning curve. Once you got it, though, the sky is your limit. Create as many pages as you‘d like, nest them within each other, shake up your hierarchy and even link databases onto other sites. The creative freedom concerning the hierarchy of your pages is phenomenal.

Lots of time spent getting to know Notion‘s myriad of options which results in a lot of studying early on and in a pretty steep learning curve. Luckily, there are tons of useful resources and learning videos including templates you can use and customize to your liking. I really wish it had a better stylus/pen integration for quick and easy hand-written notes.

Overwogen alternatieven: WorkFlowy, GoodNotes, Evernote Teams en Notability

Redenen om voor Notion te kiezen: OneNote - especially the Class Notebook - is great for teaching when you want to provide a clear set of hierarchy to your team or students. But using it for my personal organisation just never worked for me. It was too rigid with its narrow Section Group > Section > Page > Sub-page limitation. With Notion, I can simply nest as many pages within each other as I please - which is a game changer for me.

Overgestapt van: Microsoft OneNote

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: Because it‘s cross-platform and unbelievably flexible.

Kevin A.
Kevin A.
Business Owner in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Project Manager for Life

5 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I found my experience very good with notion I like everything from their real-time updates to what I use for project management and made it really easy I found myself using it all the time.

From the project management system to the real time active changing. I found myself using notion all the time for my business. I love that I can have an easy template that someone else made and and change and customize it to my business needs. I also like how quick it loads up and how universal it is for my whole team.

They're very few things I don't like about notion but if I had to be Uber critical I would say that the free version can only get you so far. I found myself wanting a lot of the features that the paid versions had but I still got a lot of good use out of the free version

Overwogen alternatieven: Airtable en Trello

Redenen om voor Notion te kiezen: I wanted something more visually pleasing. I wanted something that had an easy template that I could use and something that was just for the 21st century

Overgestapt van: Airtable

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: From YouTube. I found myself looking at reviews and people using notion for their project management and their businesses.

Mustafa Y.
Mustafa Y.
Co-Founder in Turkije
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers

One of the best multi-purpose project management software you can use.

5 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I often use Notion as my hardware venture. I collect and prepare the contracts we will make on Notion. I create Wikis on Notion to inform the client. I also use Notion to avoid confusion in my side projects because sometimes I forget what I'm doing and what I'm going to do. Thanks to the themes it offers, I can create pages in a very flexible way. On the other hand, I use Notion for personal time management, meeting notes, etc., without the need for a different application. This works great because I don't like using too many apps. Overall I am very satisfied with Notion. I definitely recommend it.

First of all, it's great to be able to use Notion for so many different purposes. For example, I use Notion for project management in my professional business. Because it offers many different features completely free of charge. I can share directly with my colleagues and perform simultaneous file editing. There are many different free themes. We can also use these themes by customizing, if we want, we don't even need to customize them because they are really good. On the other hand, when you have many side projects, you want to get rid of clutter. I think this is one of the best apps you can do. Because it gives you the opportunity to add pages easily, customize the theme and add many features to your page quickly. You can also use it for your personal business. For example, I helped my girlfriend prepare a timetable on Notion for 6 months during the exam period and we really benefited from it. When we collect all these, we see again what a good application it actually is. Thank you Notion team. To summarize, having regular pages, integration with many different plugins, very flexible and feature-rich plugins, having various themes (really good themes) and being able to create your own themes are very good features.

Frankly, the only feature I don't like on Notion is that sometimes we need to download files. For example, we prepare the project contract very well over Notion, but since it will be an official document, it must be of the specified type. But the pages that look great on Notion may not be so good when downloaded. Sometimes (I'm an iPhone SE2 user) the pages I navigate in the mobile application can be deleted. It is not possible to repeat projects in areas such as metro. I would like this fixed, maybe I'm the problem. I'm still having a download problem. This problem is in the tables. I would like the tables to be downloaded directly in Excel format.

Biz Dev Manager in Italië
Internationale zaken, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing tool

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: it allowed us to create a GTD system and keep the rest of the team on track with all projects and the combination of urgent tasks across active projects to make every day productive

I liked the fact that we were able to create a fantastic GTD system (getting things done) that helps us keep track of our active projects, review tasks and collect all ideas and insights that get later categorized

their task management UI is less intuitive to use than notion, which makes us upset because it's the main reason we use notion, especially on mobile

Overwogen alternatieven: monday.com en Asana

Redenen om voor Notion te kiezen: we switched because we felt constrained by the fact that the kanban system was the only way to structure a document

Overgestapt van: Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: cost (we're in the free tier), colleagues recommendations and perceived ease of setup

Aleksandr S.
Aleksandr S.
Principal Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place. You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images to the document. You may even expose some pages of notion as a part of your website and they do look organic! Tables, icons, images, backrounds, labels - it is all there. Right you may name a lot of similar systems, but there is an distinctive thing about notions: it is concentrated on articles and information and it does that great! Notion offers very easy to learn, fast way to create document, similar to one you may find on Medium. We've tried a number of different approaches, including basecamp, confluence, slack, dropbox paper - notions is a clear winner. Notions does have native application for the both desktops and mobile systems. Notion may be integrated with a number of other products including Slack. You may even build your website using nothing else but notion itself. Notion requires just a bit of time to understand how much actually can be expressed with text, tables, checkboxes, labels, comments, images and files. This is revolution made using the set of a very simple things.

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades. Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business, Basecamp en Confluence

Redenen om voor Notion te kiezen: We were looking for an information system and notion.so does exactly that. Mind, it does not offer anything else, for instance there is no chats per se, issue trackers, planners, video conferences. Neither it should. Open youtube and search for, say, "notion.so planing things" and you will find a set of videos that shows how little you actually need to make your team or yourself perform better.

Overgestapt van: Basecamp en Confluence

Elliott W.
- in Australië
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The everything app

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion.
I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me.
I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based on my own criteria, as well as just collecting links to articles and recordings etc. I was able to use it for much of the admin in teaching a band program, as well as lesson planning and assessment. A particular strength in that was an inventory of equipment, as well as the sheet music library. This was great because more details could be included specific to one type of item without cluttering up the main list of equipment. e.g. I can list how many guitars we have overall in the main list, but then within the Guitar entry include specific details on the make/model/quantity/condition within that page. It can be a bit overwhelming and get a bit cluttered if you don't have a system. But the fact that everything is a page (including every entry in a database) means that over time you can work out what structure and system works for you, rather than one imposed on you from the outside. This is great, but it can require some thinking and time to set up. It saves you time in the long run, and can make your knowledge management (for personal, professional, or leisure use) really amazing.

The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible. You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page. This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added! In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.
Academic Instruction Designer in Panama
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

The ultimate make-it-your-own knowledge system

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Notion works well as an organizer of all things knowledge. In our school we use it to organize term and weekly planning, as a bookmark manager, and also to publish certain content for students in a "fenced" environment.
This app can easily replace many other apps if the user knows what their specific needs are.
Highly recommended.

Flexibility: Notion can be whatever you want it to be. Some folk use it to take notes, other people find it a great meeting organizer. I use it as a master database of all things work and personal: tasks, notes, calendar reminders, bookmark manager... You can program it to suit your needs. It is highly advisable to model in paper what is it that you want from Notion.

Notion is a very closed ecosystem. I would love it to synchronize with Google Calendar or for it to talk nicely. to Gmail. Not an option right now. The calendar view can benefit from a "weekly" or "agenda" view. Offline work is still a work in progress. Can become difficult to use if databases are not planned properly.

Milica S.
HoL in Servië
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

Fantastic for personal and professional use

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Overwogen alternatieven: Airtable

Redenen om voor Notion te kiezen: It didn't have all my company needs, I wanted a solution with more options in terms of visual presentation, linking data, type and number of uploads, etc.

Overgestapt van: Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Notion: It's just slightly better than trello, but nowhere near to Notion.

Daniel W.
Strategic Partnerships in Australië
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications. The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task. The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records. There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal. Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that. The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

CTO in Spanje
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

The ultimate knowledge sharing tool

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

Kartik ahuja™ (.
Kartik ahuja™ (.
Co-Founder | Chief Growth Officer in India
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Best Brain Dump & Organising tool ever!

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All documentation went into notion; its amazingly good!

1) Create nested pages, tables, etc - you can go as deep as you want 2) It has a VERY good and easy to use mobile app 3) It has replaced my google drive (not sheets - yet), Evernote, todoist, local notes, anything random that used to go anywhere else 4) I was even able to create a lot of linked database that works well 5) I started just for personal but enjoyed dumping all my brain thoughts here, it made it very good to capture more thoughts around business too; then moved the company docs and wikis; then right now moving the tasks for the team and Dark mode, lol - and good pricing with unlimited storage

1) Increasing the speed of opening pages on mobile and desktop apps 2) i would love to see an offline version too 3) Sometimes the sync is slow - if i have made the change in mobile; it wont reflect instantly in the desktop app. It takes a minute or two, or sometimes reloading the page