Filteren op:

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Notion

Cloudgebaseerde en lokale projectmanagementoplossing waarmee bedrijven van elke omvang notities, taken, projecten, databases en meer kunnen beheren.

Meer informatie over Notion

408 reviews worden weergegeven

Kevin A.
Kevin A.
Business Owner in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Project Manager for Life

5 2 maanden geleden

Comments: I found my experience very good with notion I like everything from their real-time updates to what I use for project management and made it really easy I found myself using it all the time.

Pros:

From the project management system to the real time active changing. I found myself using notion all the time for my business. I love that I can have an easy template that someone else made and and change and customize it to my business needs. I also like how quick it loads up and how universal it is for my whole team.

Cons:

They're very few things I don't like about notion but if I had to be Uber critical I would say that the free version can only get you so far. I found myself wanting a lot of the features that the paid versions had but I still got a lot of good use out of the free version

Alternatives Considered: Trello en Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Notion: I wanted something more visually pleasing. I wanted something that had an easy template that I could use and something that was just for the 21st century

Switched From: Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Notion: From YouTube. I found myself looking at reviews and people using notion for their project management and their businesses.

Sven H.
Tech Integretanist in Duitsland
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Allrounder

5 3 weken geleden New

Comments: All in all, Notion is top of the game when it comes to customization. No longer do you have to take an off-the-shelf software and adapt to it. With Notion, everything adapts to your needs and stays always customizable. A must for any user looking for freedom and structure at the same time when it comes to organizing your thoughts, life, project and products.

Pros:

There‘s not much Notion can‘t seem to do. You can easily adjust it entirely to your liking - however, there is a pretty steep learning curve. Once you got it, though, the sky is your limit. Create as many pages as you‘d like, nest them within each other, shake up your hierarchy and even link databases onto other sites. The creative freedom concerning the hierarchy of your pages is phenomenal.

Cons:

Lots of time spent getting to know Notion‘s myriad of options which results in a lot of studying early on and in a pretty steep learning curve. Luckily, there are tons of useful resources and learning videos including templates you can use and customize to your liking. I really wish it had a better stylus/pen integration for quick and easy hand-written notes.

Alternatives Considered: Notability, GoodNotes, WorkFlowy en Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion: OneNote - especially the Class Notebook - is great for teaching when you want to provide a clear set of hierarchy to your team or students. But using it for my personal organisation just never worked for me. It was too rigid with its narrow Section Group > Section > Page > Sub-page limitation. With Notion, I can simply nest as many pages within each other as I please - which is a game changer for me.

Switched From: Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Switching to Notion: Because it‘s cross-platform and unbelievably flexible.

Senior Operations Officer in Italië
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

Nobody does data and documents like Notion does.

3 2 jaar geleden

Comments: Notion is by far and away the best way I've found so far to work with data in documents. It starts from the concept of linked databases, and extends it from there to include structured documents. This has been very well implemented, allowing users to generate incredibly useful documents, by querying sets of data. The Notion support team is engaged, informed and very helpful. I have had several insightful discusssions with them during feature requests. Both the desktop and offline applications are smooth and usable, and have been improving continually.

Pros:

- beautiful design - databases inside documents - Several useful templates for generating documents and databases - well-considered layout constraints allowing you to focus on content - easy to share content - powerful and ergonomic syntax

Cons:

- lack of option for visualising data - no real offline mode

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, Confluence en Coda

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Databases in documents. Only Coda seems to be able to do this, but Notion does it better.

Switched From: Confluence

Reasons for Switching to Notion: The databases. We've long been searching for a way to keep data and documents in the same place, without plugins or extra costs. Notion does this extremely well and was an obvious choice, even to the point that we could ignore the current negative points. With time, we are confident that these features will be enabled, and at the moment, we are comfortable keeping our operational and business data in Notion.

Biz Dev Manager in Italië
Internationale zaken, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing tool

5 3 maanden geleden

Comments: it allowed us to create a GTD system and keep the rest of the team on track with all projects and the combination of urgent tasks across active projects to make every day productive

Pros:

I liked the fact that we were able to create a fantastic GTD system (getting things done) that helps us keep track of our active projects, review tasks and collect all ideas and insights that get later categorized

Cons:

their task management UI is less intuitive to use than notion, which makes us upset because it's the main reason we use notion, especially on mobile

Alternatives Considered: Asana en monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Notion: we switched because we felt constrained by the fact that the kanban system was the only way to structure a document

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: cost (we're in the free tier), colleagues recommendations and perceived ease of setup

Josías G.
Josías G.
Marketing in Ecuador

Notion as the Best Software to Organize your Business and Life

5 4 weken geleden New

Comments: My overall experience with Notion has been pleasant. Since I started using it, I have been able to organize my business and life in a much more efficient way than a traditional system. Notion has opened the doors for me to stay focused and do my activities on time. Despite the small negative details in certain tools, Notion is an excellent software for taking notes and organizing tasks.

Pros:

What I like the most about Notion is the ease with which I can organize both my business and my private life due to this software provides an easy to understand and use interface. Besides, the track that I can do of my tasks and projects is extremely useful to have a better organization in my daily activities.

Cons:

What I like least about Notion is how basic it can be. Although it works and looks really good, some tools are just "basic", which might be a negative aspect for your organization of big projects or activities. In this sense, Notion will not be able to fully satisfy your needs.

Alternatives Considered: Taskworld en monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Notion: I chose Notion over these alternatives because its interface seemed wonderfully simple to use. In addition, Notion is a software very complete and has a wide variety of tools that allow me to customize my pages and tasks as I want and like them.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Founder in VK
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

My favourite tool ever

5 2 maanden geleden New

Comments: It starts off super simple and lets you just dump pages of notes in super simple - yet keeps everything easy to find and auto-save, so everyone is using the same notes Then you realise you can add more formatting and structured data in tables Then it becomes more and more powerful over time as you have different views and can see the relevant bits of data right in the pages that refer to them. EG It naturally, organically gets better and better with almost zero learning curve

Pros:

Super simple to use, allows you to combine unstructured and structured data giving you one super easy source of truth across the business

Cons:

None - although I've not played with the API yet and we are a 15 person team I can imagine permissions becoming a problem - the risk of someone accidentally editing/breaking something. Although the democratic nature of the product is also a huge plus.

Ursula F.
Ursula F.
graphic designer in Nederland
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1-5 maanden

NOTION, where have you been all of my life

5 3 weken geleden New

Comments: So far so good. I really like it, so organised, im able to work with my whole team and track EVERYTHING from finances to fun team building activities.

Pros:

As a small business owner , I needed a platform where I could organise my business and personal life in one. FOUND IT, its notion.

Cons:

Im still learning, its huge and has a lot of tools, I was a bit overwhelmed at first but Im sure with time it will become easier.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, Asana en monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Notion: I wanted a platform where I could track my finances and have a platform for clients as well. Click up was only used internally.

Switched From: ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Notion: I needed a place to track social media campaigns with clients and this was definitely the best option to do that + all of the basic things of project management and internal organisation of my team. Also its great to have a space for personal things such as organizaition for trips, checklists. etc.

Juan A.
Chief Clarity Officer in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Nice combination of Evernote, Wiki, and Trello

4 2 maanden geleden

Comments: Right now, I am enjoying the combination of Note Taking and Project Management type templates in one place. It's convenient to be able to manage content, tasks, and project in one place. With the number of tools I am subscribed too, it's much welcomed when I can replace 3 tools with 1.

Pros:

I gave Notion a try because my Evernote membership renewal was coming up and found myself not using most of the features of the paid plan. I also use Trello and haven't enjoyed it much because I find it takes me too long to access what I want. Thus far, Notion has been an great alternative because it's faster to find what I need by organizing projects and notes like a Wiki. The free plan also gives me unlimited devices so I don't have to worry about not been able to access my stuff. I am still learning the shortcuts and how to better use it but I am enjoying the simplicity of it. I should state that Notion, Evernote, and Trello aren't necessarily direct comparisons. They are built for different purposes and I found Notion to be a nice compromise for a "All-in-One" type tool for me.

Cons:

There's no clear tagging system to find notes quickly. I haven't found how to quickly assign tags to notes even though the site states they have the feature. It's not intuitive to see that the user selects the type of database they want to create but all types are placed in the same area. Meaning there's no clear visual distinction between a workflow board, note, list, calendar, gallery, or timeline database.

Santiago M.
Grupo director in Colombia
Medische praktijk, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 6-12 maanden

NOTION tool from the future to achieved yout goals

5 4 maanden geleden

Comments: My experience with notion is one of the best ones because it helps take all my information on my phone, let me edit on my pc or on the phone,with a very appealing eye interface.

Pros:

Notion is one of the apps that as cliche its sounds change my life. One of the most important things that you need when you're learning anything is to be centralized, safe and easy to retrieve. This is what notion lets you, is like a way to save all your information, organize and program your life. All in one app

Cons:

The thing i that i don't like is that the app requires internet connection and sometimes is better that some of the information can be saved on the pc, just in case at the moment you can reach a internet connection

Alternatives Considered: Obsidian

Reasons for Switching to Notion: I choose notion over the other programs because of the tools that it serves to you, eye appealing looks and the different devices that you can use.

Ian M.
Ian M.
Head of Product in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1-5 maanden

Notion has way too many features but this doesn't get in the way of having a very usable product

5 3 maanden geleden

Comments: Very positive experience overall and beats the competition in terms of value for price.

Pros:

Notion offers a ton of value for the price. I started using Notion for my personal note-taking, which is a great way to get familiar with it without having to pay anything. Then, when our team was growing and we needed a more robust internal wiki product, Notion was the first thing everyone on the team shouted when we realized we were outgrowing our previous wiki product.

Cons:

Notion, perhaps, has too many features. The team has done a really good job of keeping all the bells and whistles from getting in the way, but all the plugins and item types do mean that a user can easily get distracted or set up an overly complicated page. Also, the search feature seems to take a little too long and produce duplicate results (i.e. if a search matches a term in multiple parts of a single page). I find myself struggling to understand what the search results are showing me sometimes.

Mustafa Y.
Mustafa Y.
Co-Founder in Turkije
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 6-12 maanden

One of the best multi-purpose project management software you can use.

5 3 maanden geleden

Comments: I often use Notion as my hardware venture. I collect and prepare the contracts we will make on Notion. I create Wikis on Notion to inform the client. I also use Notion to avoid confusion in my side projects because sometimes I forget what I'm doing and what I'm going to do. Thanks to the themes it offers, I can create pages in a very flexible way. On the other hand, I use Notion for personal time management, meeting notes, etc., without the need for a different application. This works great because I don't like using too many apps. Overall I am very satisfied with Notion. I definitely recommend it.

Pros:

First of all, it's great to be able to use Notion for so many different purposes. For example, I use Notion for project management in my professional business. Because it offers many different features completely free of charge. I can share directly with my colleagues and perform simultaneous file editing. There are many different free themes. We can also use these themes by customizing, if we want, we don't even need to customize them because they are really good. On the other hand, when you have many side projects, you want to get rid of clutter. I think this is one of the best apps you can do. Because it gives you the opportunity to add pages easily, customize the theme and add many features to your page quickly. You can also use it for your personal business. For example, I helped my girlfriend prepare a timetable on Notion for 6 months during the exam period and we really benefited from it. When we collect all these, we see again what a good application it actually is. Thank you Notion team. To summarize, having regular pages, integration with many different plugins, very flexible and feature-rich plugins, having various themes (really good themes) and being able to create your own themes are very good features.

Cons:

Frankly, the only feature I don't like on Notion is that sometimes we need to download files. For example, we prepare the project contract very well over Notion, but since it will be an official document, it must be of the specified type. But the pages that look great on Notion may not be so good when downloaded. Sometimes (I'm an iPhone SE2 user) the pages I navigate in the mobile application can be deleted. It is not possible to repeat projects in areas such as metro. I would like this fixed, maybe I'm the problem. I'm still having a download problem. This problem is in the tables. I would like the tables to be downloaded directly in Excel format.

Aleksandr S.
Aleksandr S.
Principal Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

5 6 maanden geleden

Comments: Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Pros:

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place. You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images to the document. You may even expose some pages of notion as a part of your website and they do look organic! Tables, icons, images, backrounds, labels - it is all there. Right you may name a lot of similar systems, but there is an distinctive thing about notions: it is concentrated on articles and information and it does that great! Notion offers very easy to learn, fast way to create document, similar to one you may find on Medium. We've tried a number of different approaches, including basecamp, confluence, slack, dropbox paper - notions is a clear winner. Notions does have native application for the both desktops and mobile systems. Notion may be integrated with a number of other products including Slack. You may even build your website using nothing else but notion itself. Notion requires just a bit of time to understand how much actually can be expressed with text, tables, checkboxes, labels, comments, images and files. This is revolution made using the set of a very simple things.

Cons:

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades. Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

Alternatives Considered: Dropbox Business, Basecamp en Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion: We were looking for an information system and notion.so does exactly that. Mind, it does not offer anything else, for instance there is no chats per se, issue trackers, planners, video conferences. Neither it should. Open youtube and search for, say, "notion.so planing things" and you will find a set of videos that shows how little you actually need to make your team or yourself perform better.

Switched From: Basecamp en Confluence

Elliott W.
- in Australië
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The everything app

5 6 maanden geleden

Comments: I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion.
I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me.
I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based on my own criteria, as well as just collecting links to articles and recordings etc. I was able to use it for much of the admin in teaching a band program, as well as lesson planning and assessment. A particular strength in that was an inventory of equipment, as well as the sheet music library. This was great because more details could be included specific to one type of item without cluttering up the main list of equipment. e.g. I can list how many guitars we have overall in the main list, but then within the Guitar entry include specific details on the make/model/quantity/condition within that page. It can be a bit overwhelming and get a bit cluttered if you don't have a system. But the fact that everything is a page (including every entry in a database) means that over time you can work out what structure and system works for you, rather than one imposed on you from the outside. This is great, but it can require some thinking and time to set up. It saves you time in the long run, and can make your knowledge management (for personal, professional, or leisure use) really amazing.

Pros:

The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible. You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page. This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

Cons:

There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added! In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.
Academic Instruction Designer in Panama
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

The ultimate make-it-your-own knowledge system

5 7 maanden geleden

Comments: Notion works well as an organizer of all things knowledge. In our school we use it to organize term and weekly planning, as a bookmark manager, and also to publish certain content for students in a "fenced" environment.
This app can easily replace many other apps if the user knows what their specific needs are.
Highly recommended.

Pros:

Flexibility: Notion can be whatever you want it to be. Some folk use it to take notes, other people find it a great meeting organizer. I use it as a master database of all things work and personal: tasks, notes, calendar reminders, bookmark manager... You can program it to suit your needs. It is highly advisable to model in paper what is it that you want from Notion.

Cons:

Notion is a very closed ecosystem. I would love it to synchronize with Google Calendar or for it to talk nicely. to Gmail. Not an option right now. The calendar view can benefit from a "weekly" or "agenda" view. Offline work is still a work in progress. Can become difficult to use if databases are not planned properly.

Milica S.
HoL in Servië
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1-5 maanden

Fantastic for personal and professional use

5 9 maanden geleden

Comments: After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros:

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons:

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Alternatives Considered: Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Notion: It didn't have all my company needs, I wanted a solution with more options in terms of visual presentation, linking data, type and number of uploads, etc.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: It's just slightly better than trello, but nowhere near to Notion.

Daniel W.
Strategic Partnerships in Australië
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

5 10 maanden geleden

Comments: Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros:

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications. The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task. The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records. There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Cons:

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal. Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that. The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

CTO in Spanje
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

The ultimate knowledge sharing tool

5 vorig jaar

Comments: I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros:

The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons:

There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

Kartik ahuja™ (.
Kartik ahuja™ (.
Co-Founder | Chief Growth Officer in India
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Best Brain Dump & Organising tool ever!

5 vorig jaar

Comments: All documentation went into notion; its amazingly good!

Pros:

1) Create nested pages, tables, etc - you can go as deep as you want 2) It has a VERY good and easy to use mobile app 3) It has replaced my google drive (not sheets - yet), Evernote, todoist, local notes, anything random that used to go anywhere else 4) I was even able to create a lot of linked database that works well 5) I started just for personal but enjoyed dumping all my brain thoughts here, it made it very good to capture more thoughts around business too; then moved the company docs and wikis; then right now moving the tasks for the team and Dark mode, lol - and good pricing with unlimited storage

Cons:

1) Increasing the speed of opening pages on mobile and desktop apps 2) i would love to see an offline version too 3) Sometimes the sync is slow - if i have made the change in mobile; it wont reflect instantly in the desktop app. It takes a minute or two, or sometimes reloading the page

Megan B.
Blogger in Australië
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything

5 vorig jaar

Comments: I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros:

You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons:

There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

Alternatives Considered: Milanote en Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Because it was cheaper and there is other things I can do using Notion that evernote doesn't offer, evernote is more to save webpages and make notes for me but Notion has a range of other features.

Switched From: Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Notion: Because it has so many options and templates. I like the layout. I still use some of the other tools but I don't really need to when I have notion.

Björn I.
Market launcher in Denemarken
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

Beyond happy with Notion. I don't think I could ever work without it in the future

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: Personally I use Notion everyday to track my OKRs (objectives and key results) and document all my learnings. Out with Google sheets and links everywhere - in with notion pages. With possibilities of adding virtually anything into the pages (timelines, tables, videos, images, etc..), it makes everything much more clear and readable. It has become a core tool in our internal communication. On top of that, you can even create pages for external use. I believe Pento are a great example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] They literally use it as an employer branding tool to present their company to the world. Why not do something like that for your company? :)

Pros:

What I like the most with Notion is that I do not even know where to start to describe it. We use it for so many things in our company. Each team has their own space where they can drive their own projects - some may have some high level presentations of the people in the team, others like marketing use it for their "project requests". All in all I feel that everything is just much more organised as soon as it is in notion. The important is probably to start with a good structure and then make sure everyone knows how to use it.

Cons:

When it has not been structured, it can get chaotic. Make sure you have a great "base" and then onboard all the users with some guidelines, and it will all be great!

Eshaan K.
Product Designer in India
Internet, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Best Life OS there is

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros:

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons:

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

Alternatives Considered: Evernote Teams

Switched From: Dropbox Paper

Alson K.
Alson K.
Creative Director in Singapore
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Pros:

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Cons:

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft To Do, Confluence en Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Things is a Apple-only software and some of my staffs use Windows instead.

Switched From: Things

Reasons for Switching to Notion: Notion is not just a todo app but allow you create a wiki and knowledge base on it as well.

Librarian in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar

The holy grail of organization

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros:

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons:

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Alternatives Considered: Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Notion has a superior experience in creating and formatting notes, as well as embedding different media types and relational databases.

Switched From: Evernote Teams

John G.
John G.
SEO Specialist & Full Stack Developer in VS

Fantastic Tool for Managing All My Notes

5 5 maanden geleden

Comments: Overall, I am very happy with Notion. I have been using it for years for taking notes and I find it to be reliable, convenient, and very helpful with organizing my notes. I highly recommend Notion for anyone that needs a single app with quick shortcuts for taking notes.

Pros:

I love Notion's block editor! Anytime I try other software that has something similar I always compare it to Notion's top-notch block editor. Everything is so easy to type/add/remove/switch/duplicate/move. I love having all the shortcuts. This easily beats using something basic like Google Docs or any other rich text editor. I also love how quickly I can customize my headings. Over the years I've created my standard note-taking styles/template and it really helps me see everything exactly how I want it. Notion is hands down the best note-taking app out there!

Cons:

Prior to the API, I could never take Notion as a serious contender in the CRM/PM tool space. Without an API and built-in integrations, there just isn't a chance. Now that Notion has an API, things should get quite interesting and I look forward to seeing what people do with it.

UI/IX Designer in Portugal

Best note-taking app of 2019

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: I use Notion daily to organize my personal life and mainly my company. Nowadays we are using Notion Kanban view to organize our clients, and this is app does it perfectly! You can share with your clients some determined information and hide the rest to not overwhelm them with extra information, this is one of its best features. This app has too many amazing features to point out in one review.

Pros:

The ability to organize an insane amount of data without losing control or missing information. Also, it is easy to learn and understand how the interface works.

Cons:

The mobile version has some bugs, definitely needs some specific improvements.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Notion is easier to use and has more features than Trello.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: I love Todoist, but it is not the ideal app to manage a big amount of data.