Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Notepad++

Een gratis tekstcodebewerker die verschillende talen ondersteunt en Win32 API en STL gebruikt.

Meer informatie over Notepad++

Notepad++ is free and very easy to use. I love how easy the developers have made it to develop.

The interface is not convincing, the code that is written often is not very visible and very confusing at first sight.

Beoordelingen van Notepad++

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Notepad++ heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.951 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Notepad++ eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.951)

Noah
Noah
Internet Marketing
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Notepad++ is a Great Editor

4,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Onur
Onur
Co-Founder in Turkije

Notepad++ Review

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have really great experience with Notepad++. I use it for my daily work and it helps me to complete most of my simple tasks.

It has really simple UI for editing any kind of text or code. Also it has support for opening most kind of files.

More shortcuts can be added to the Notepad++ for increasing operational speed.

Roberto
Sir in Bolivia
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Have you seen a better one?

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I really like that it has for most programs or programming languages already set up with all their imaginative colors... It's like to imagine what else could you ask in a notepad! The experience is that is a good tool worth going for

I like that it has it all! for all types of languages, all types of typing and as a notepad is the best, I only can wish for a better one or this one improved as assisted with AI but there could not nothing more I could ask for a good notepad

really? nothing ...is the best there and is not what I least liked but but I see as improving and I think the only improvement will be the version as with AI and new one's. Maybe the least I like is that they don't have this new versions much but what's for? So enjoy Notepad++

Rayvano
Digital Marketing Specialist in Nederland
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Notepad++ app

3,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Basic tool for coding, but it's nothing like Adobe Dreamweaver.

It's a pretty basic application, but it does the job.

I did not like the recovery/saving function

Ram
Software developer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Notepad++ is light, and improves productivity for anyone who use it.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I like the wide plugins available that I use within Notepad++. Notepad++ is light in memory usage, easy to use, and offers a good user experience.

Notepad++ could improve on the keyboard shortcuts. Some of the shortcuts are difficult to remember and not like other tools. Notepad++ could improve performance when loading big text files that are several MB. It can be fast just like EmEditor when it comes to using big-sized files for editing.

Sadiqua
Associate Consutant in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Notepad++ Review

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I have been using Notepad++ to write code in Groovy script for transforming data I get in SAP CPI. So far, it is the best IDE I have used for the purpose. It allows me to maintain the syntax and debug the code easily when compared to the software I was using earlier. It allows for easier and hassle free unit testing.

I think the main issue is that it lacks a lot of features that other IDEs have and I don't know if I will ever pay for it because the value for money does not seem viable.

Sara
Engineer in Italië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Notepad++ you must have installed it on your pc

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Really useful, I always have Notepad++ installed on my computers

I use Notepad++ in many ways. First of all is an excellent text editor and keeps saved your tabs without the risk of information loss (I mean for example you write some notes and then you close the program. Next time you'll launch it you will find those notes). You can save you files choosing from a wide set of extension. Then it has a lot of features that help me e.g. to transform data files in a readable way for humans (just think about the search and replace, the decode function...). Plus it runs fast and never hangs. The italian version is well translated, without any weird terms :-) I highly recommend Notepad++

Often when i just want to open notepad, notepad will be selected first (not a problem!)

keerthi
product owner in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Notepad++ is a powerful text editor

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

One of the standout features of Notepad++ for me is its simplicity and efficiency. Despite being lightweight, it packs a powerful punch with its extensive feature set. It strikes a great balance between being easy to use for basic text editing tasks while also offering advanced functionality for coding and scripting tasks.

Notepad++ is only available for Windows operating systems, which may be a drawback for users who prefer or need to work on other platforms like macOS or Linux.

Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The perfect text editor, and is free

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Always there to edit work notes and support my job.

Easy to use, no bloatware, no extra GB on your PC for just a text editor. Free. Is perfect. Thank you for this app. The tab system, the coding highlight, the multiple entry the keyword spot system, every feature is a win

There is no cons on Notepad++ Is almost the first think I add to my systems after installing the windows

CEO in VS

Notepad++ - THE coder's tool for managing source code

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it is a highly robust system that will help you get the coding job done!

It has many great qualities, including tabbed editing, default settings, session backup settings, file associations and more. It actually many more features than you will probably use!

The large number of features can be a bit overwhelming and a lot to get used to.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Best Text Editor Ever Used

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

NOTEPAD ++ made my life easier to save a lot of time. I used it for data editing , coding and more. whenever i open my notepad++ its opening from the same page where i left. it is very user friendly, anyone can use it as their need.

There is no such cons as of now in notepad++ that's why i like it most.

Eero
Manager in VK
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent tool for programming, and more!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Notepad++ for programming, but since the Search & Replace tool is so good, I have very often used it for other kinds of tasks too. For example, doing batch modifications to CSV files. Very easy to use once you find out where everything is.

Notepad++ is an excellent tool for writing code. I like how the code is highlighted, how the search and other options work. There are just so many little well-thought details that make this a great application.

Nothing really. The icon could be more modern if I have to answer something. :D

Zain
Self-employed in Noorwegen
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Super Simple, Super Snappy and Super Sturdy!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Notepad++ is *the* essential tool for anyone wanting more than regular Notepad AND less than bloated and sluggish text editors like VS Code, Atom, and the whole slew of "modern" Electron-based editors. While it doesn't have the most modern look, lacks some features and QoL improvements that are expected in today's digital environment, it excels with its super fast startup times, dead simple text editing features suited for coding, doesn't feel bloated or gets in the way of your flow, is lightweight and snappy, and packs a slew of cool features that might be a bit hidden at first, but once you know where to look or need them, they pack lots of power :) And while I do wish it would get a graphical upgrade, it should not come at the cost of its speed, simplicity and performance. Until someone manages to make an alternative that's like VS Code in features and look and feel, BUT with Notepad++'s speed and performance, I'm sticking with N++ for now :)

The blazing fast startup speeds, the simple yet flexible UI and features, the code highlighting in so many languages, and the ease of writing code in a dead simple environment that is lightweight, fast and doesn't get in the way of getting to develop your cool ideas 😇 I also love how it keeps all the files open, even unsaved ones, so that you're able to jot down stuff quickly or paste code snippets without losing them when closing Notepad++ :) Also, it has some really handy keyboard shortcuts for essential stuff that I now can't live without in other text editors, like CTRL+D to duplicate line :D

While the native GUI allows for a snappy and fast-booting experience, there can be some "archaic" features or "outdated" ways of doing things, or outright some essential QoL features missing that are ubiquitous in the modern dev era. While most aren't an issue, the biggest drawback that I experience is that code hinting can become rather slow in a large codebase, as the dropdown menu "stutters" for every single letter typed, and you'd think such a trivial matter would have better performance. But it's not an issue as it only happens sometimes, and it pales in the face of every other pro :)

HansOlivier
Student - Intern in Canada
Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

A simple all around text editor

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Notepad++ for note-taking and code editing in embedded systems. For text note-taking, it is probably the best resource out there and I have used it both professionally and personally. As for embedded systems, it was quite useful to edit my code with such a lightweight software instead of a bigger IDE such as PyCharm or CLion.

Notepad++ is free and is being constantly kept up to date. It can be used to edit code, take notes, write reports, etc. It is probably the best option to write a text draft. It has multiple powerful and diverse extensions. One could replace both Word and any IDE with Notepad++. It's ability to save files internally is probably it's best feature.

It is quite a jack-of-all-trades, but a master at nothing. The fact that it is free is evident. One cannot execute it's code from the IDE. Although it is possible to write code, it does not correct you efficiently when a mistake is done.

Jonathan Alexander
Jonathan Alexander
Infrastructure analyst in Dominicaanse Republiek
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Excellent text editor with support for multiple file extensions

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use this editor day after day to be able to validate the syntax of some files, as well as to organize and be able to search for errors in programming codes referring to a language, as well as in its administrator mode to be able to edit and save system files without the need for so many steps only by authenticating as an administrator I can achieve this functionality.

What I like the most about this text editor is its compatibility with multiple file extensions, which makes it essential when it comes to debugging or validating files and their syntax. I also like that it is a useful editor for web development where we can create our web applications taking into account the interpretation of the syntax of the language that we are using.

I could say that its interface could be a little more modern and friendly

Zeno
Information Security Analyst in Curaçao
Bankwezen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Notepad++ usefull

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I keep all my codes and notes easily

Ease of use, if you close the application and reopen it, all your notes will be saved. You can easily transfer them to other pc, even without saving the tabs.

Some addons have to be installed manually and don't always work.

Stuart
Electronic Design Engineer in VK
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

Excellent lightweight text/code editor

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Notepad++ is one of my favourite utility programs. It does one thing and does it very well, with intelligent, easy-to-use design. It is an excellent sidekick for programming projects; useful for inspecting files at all stages of an embedded software project, from C++ source to HEX. I have also used it as a main editor for more old-fashioned languages which do not come with an IDE. In this scenario the built-in code highlighting for all common languages (and some not-so-common ones) as well as the rudimentary code completion come in very handy.
A great tool!

Notepad++ is my Swiss Army knife of software; useful for so many things. If I need to quickly open a piece of source code to remind myself how something works (without opening the full project in the IDE), Notepad++ is perfect. I like to open all kinds of files, not just text, with Notepad++ to find out what their internal structure looks like. A lot of proprietary file formats are human-readable and often contain standard elements like XML or INI. Notepad++ has just enough features to be useful, keeping it very lightweight. This helps it start up virtually instantly. A complement to the fast startup time is the Windows context menu entry. This really is fantastic and means if I want to peek inside any file I can simply right-click and 'Edit with Notepad++'. Supports a wide range of plugins if extended functionality is required. I have used and liked the Diff and HEX editing plugins, which were easy to install and worked well. It remembers which files are open when it is closed, meaning I can resume working straight away next time. Tabbed interface works well for a text editor, especially when combined with the Diff plugin.

Popups which ask if I want to update every time I open the software are annoying and break my workflow, and unfortunately Notepad++ is guilty of this. Really not much apart from that!

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Love to work with this editor

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 1) It's easy to use 2) Handy software editor for improving your work performance and skills. 3) Advanced version from windows default notepad editor. 4) Auto save file feature. 5) Technical updates are available on approx monthly basis. What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
1) I am using this tool for storing my important data on daily basis. Like I have written some daily used data in a text file. So whenever I have to add new content of the day then i added in this file. In case i forget to save that data then it's automatically keep my data is safe. So i no need to save again an again.
2) Opening programming file of C#,Html,Java script, c etc language. 3)Analysis logs of software project in organization. 4)Used this editor tool for learn Python language. 5)Easy to use and every text is having line no. So it's easy to find any info on particular line. 6)Giving multiple tab opening function for multiple file opening at a time. 7) I love more in this tool is Auto save of file.

1) I like auto save function in notepad++.It's giving advance feature on normal notepad. 2) Any programming language development we can do. Because it's supporting every type of file extension. 3) Easy for find character length, Line no and search. 4) We can install some extra plug in for use like If we want to install JSON type plugin then we do . 5)More control on files. Like Colors and comments are also manageable in this editor. 6) More frequent updated are available. 7)Intellisense also working for particular programming or typing a text.

I am using this tool from last 5 year. But Still not such an issue. In case of large file of txt. It's not able to open. So we can say this need to improve. Like it's not able to open 1GB size txt file.

Alex
System Analysis in Canada
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Come for the easy way to view and edit text files, stay for features

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Notepad++ has become one of the first programs I install and any new computer or server. Having a light weight way to open up any source code files, being able to view the code in a extremely readable manner, and being able to make quick changes has been extremely valuable to me in to many situations to count. Notepad++ is to programming what a good multitool is to handyman work, its unobtrusive enough to always keep on you and will save a ton of time when a more powerful or specialized tool will not yield better results.

Light weight and open source, can be installed on pretty much anything without having to worry about taking up resources. Extremely useful to keep on a server. Recognizes a lot of programming languages and syntax right out of the box, but also has the options of adding plugins to expand upon its functionality. Notepad++ is exactly what you would expect from the name, it is like the basic Notepad application with a ton of useful extras. Most importantly though is the program does not bombard you with its extra functionality, instead letting the user explore freely. If you are in the market for a better version of Notepad that is exactly what you will find when you first open it, and if you like it enough that you want to explore further you can discover a large amount of additional useful features.

As a piece of open source free software for viewing and editing raw text files and source code I cannot think of any cons. Compared to a full IDE Notepad++ lacks may critical features, but Notepad++ is not a full IDE and does not claim to be. When viewed through the lens of being a simple text editor that extends itself just beyond its necessary scope for the users convivence I cannot find any faults.

Krunal
Krunal
Web developer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Partner in the Journey of text editing to coding

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall existence is good for a senior developers for making your junior better than you but not recommended at this time also

Before smart coding tool we have notepd++ as our coding partner where we learn very strict coding, after comes smart tool we are left behind by notepad++ but it make our journey very grateful because of notepad we are learning every aspect of our programming language and we need to focus for not make mistake while coding and this is the best thing about notepad, at that time it is totally free and open source so everyone can use this and learn and work in coding, talk about feature so notepad not have such a great but want to start strict coding then you can go with this

The most disliked thing is it is not smart so that you need to continuously watch your code to not make mistakes and this is hard after a large number of code, it is not suggested for your large project also so please this thing in your mind

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A must have editor

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Basically it is more than an editor. It has quite a lot of very useful and important features which overall reduces cost and effort in any industry. The fact it supports a lot of languages makes it even more useful.
I think this is a must have tool.

I used Notepad++ almost on daily basis while doing testing of various softwares. It's a very simple to use tool, you don't need any instructions to use it. The interface infact id user friendly. Some of the features which i liked the most The data is saved on the go, you don;t have to save it explicitly. You know how much significance this holds to a software person. Mutiple tabs along with option of multiple views in Notepad++. This is extremely useful while comparing files (ask a tester how it makes life simpler:) ) When testing fixed file formats the highlighting of line and column number is very useful. It also highlights the text selected in the whole file which is another interesting feature. The option to search anything in all the opened files; simple but very important feature. The replace option has extended feature where you can make use of '/n' etc. Syntax highlighting and support for various languages; I had to deal with a lot of XML and HTML files. This tool made my life easy. The support, answers to queries is good and pretty fats.

There is nothing much which I didn't liked about Notepad++. It's basically an editor and it fulfills all the features a editor should have. If you are using it for programming you'll surely find some difficulties there.

Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Amazing Multitool

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Notepad ++ (or N++) for as long as I can think. It basically started in school and i quickly adopted it for my home use too and never stopped using it ever since.
You can (probably) open all files and formats that text editors should be able to handle and some more. It is recently being overshadowed by VS code, but i still use both of them side by side, since N++ is still faster for quick edits and i know all the key combos i possibly need.
I definitely reccomend to install this on your machine at work and home, since it makes things so much easier compared to the default notepad.

It can open almost any fileformat to the point where it feels like the VLC of editors. A lot of Programming languages are supported for highlighting out of the box and you can add even more via plugins. Opening files is really quick! Files you have edited are kept even after a shutdown and if the file is removed, unless you save it there are no "saving oopsies " happening.

Windows only Finding plugins that fit your needs and are still developed for the current version can be really tedious. Sometimes you need to stick with certain N++ versions for compatibility. No autocomplete or Intellisense by default. Finding autocomplete plugins and getting them to work can be tricky and your chances of success are based on how far your language is spread

Gopal
Gopal
Analyst in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The best text editor out there...

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm really happy with Notepad++ it helps me get mess sorted out quickly, helps add notes quickly and I can keep it running it in background as it doesn't consume much of cpu power. Syntax highlighting support for many languages has helped me more than few times to identify issues in code or XML without having to run the code.

Considering the fact that it is just a text editor - I love almost everything about Notepad++. It's fully customize-able, light and almost bug free and on top of that it's fully open sourced & free. Also the availability of so many plugins makes it super awesome. It helps me take notes quickly which are preserved even when I don't save it and can also be sync'd with cloud.

There's almost nothing to dislike about the features provided with Notepad++, but I wish they add start taking competition seriously and start adding features such as version controlling.

Mohammad
Mohammad
Software Engineer in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

"Brilliant and all in one code editor."

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I was using this editor from my college days, so much friendly it is.Easy to use also nice themes is there to choose and select.It also support regex, which is good for programmer.We can work on multiple files also.

Notepad++ is the code editor tool which is really providing great features for programmer.It is so much light weight tool, which does not affect the speed of system and also it is open source free tool.Notepad++ provides more no of functionalities.It is so much powerful editor, supports no of plugins and also windows power shell.So much fast, quick and handy editor.

Almost everything is good but it does not support on mac or Linux operating system.They also have to improve code debugging feature.Always it needs an update and also it doe not support large files.Not recommendable for full stack development.

Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Proven little helper for all kinds of text relatedthings

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I typically use Notepad++ for all kinds of small text-related use cases. Formatting texts or replacing strings in text (even with newlines or returns), I can copy a code snippet - e.g., from an online documentation - and it filters out all the ugly HTML stuff. Hence, I can copy it into a Word document or other notekeeper. I also like using it as an extended clipboard with scripting work. It's just mocking and pasting - no attempts to correct any spelling mistakes that aren't there or trying to apply upper-case/lower-case rules. I would not use it for full programming or software development. It lacks a few features and functions of professional IDEs - but that's not necessarily the main purpose of that tool anyway.

It's a small app with lots of features. It stayed consistent with the UI over the last 15 years, making it easy for me to use. The UI may be a bit old-school, but clean and easy to understand. It's available for all kinds of operating systems and even as a portable app! I can't complain about performance; it runs stable - I have never had a crash or outage since using Notepad++. It also maintains the last status, so I can shut my laptop down without losing unsaved work. I love that it is multi-tabbed and not a single large board (e.g., compared to tools such as Miro - they have a different focus).And all of that for free!

Plugins are sometimes a bit tricky to install. But once you get the pattern, it's easy. Remembering keyboard shortcuts for the new features is the biggest hurdle, but that's not on Notepad++.

Hasan
Hasan
T24 Technical Analyst in Pakistan
Bankwezen, 501-1.000 werknemers

An awsome tool for every Developer

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am using Notepad++ on daily basis for developing codes in different languages. It also helps to make notes. A good thing is that it allows to open multiple tabs at a single time. It has made my life much easier.

A very simple, light, efficient and completely free open source editor with wonderful features that helps in daily office routine tasks. I have been using this editor for more than 6 years and I love to write code using Notepad++ just because its a complete single package that contains a huge variety of features like external add-ons, libraries, customizing different programming languages etc. It is a perfect tool for every beginner and even professionals as well. I have found it very useful overall but the most attracting feature is comparing files, searching a keyword in multiple files from a specific directory and last but not least, on closing the editor it saves my data in cache. It is very simple to use and installation is even more easy.

I wish that it should facilitate in opening a huge text file because at certain times I attempt to open a big file and it stops working and cannot open it. Also, when the code size becomes very huge Notepad++ starts to lag. However, it is a great choice for every developer and it can easily deployed on machines.