Pretty much quite literally, my life is in Asana's hands.

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Technology Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Generally, having ALL of my upcoming tasks (and past tasks for historical purposes) along with the granular ways I can share tasks with others has been a pleasure. I will keep using Asana and hope they fix my main gripe at some point.

Pluspunten: Over the years, with one exception (see below) Asana has proven to be able to evolve with the times and add features while sticking to its core purpose & values. I love the integrations that are available, all that is included in the free tier, the heavy emphasis on keyboard shortcuts and the mobile app. The key feature for me was its ability to manage multiple workspaces with ease.

Minpunten: Honestly, I love Asana. I have used it for keeping track of my life (personal and professional) for years but there's one thing that happened this year that is a rather large pain point for me and many of its users, judging by their community forums. Every time you switch to a new workspace, it opens in a new tab. This sounds small, but it's HUGE when you're always switching back and forth. I used to use it as a web app (without the browser chrome) so it behaved like a native desktop app. Now, as soon as I open a new workspace, it launches the browser and opens in a new tab. There's no option to disable this new "feature" and the community has spoken. Here we are almost a year later and no explanation or solution has been given (the last time I checked). Boo. That's why I docked ease of use. Also, it's starting to feel a bit heavy on my tablet. Desktop performance is still OK but does take a while to load.

Asana is great both as a freeware option for task management and larger business tracking

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Billy H.
SEO Manager
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Asana is an effective tool for any size organization from the solo entrepreneur to the 1000+ person team. I recommend it and have used it in multiple of my own projects

Pluspunten: Asana has the ability to filter extremely granular from major projects all the way do to individual tasks done within the project. While it can't give 'status updates' for every portion of a major project you've worked on, you can track all of the things you've completed. This means when you have top-down organizations that want to be able to track everything that's going on a site, they have the ability to do so and drill into the current tasks being worked on

Minpunten: Asana has 2 major issues - 1st is the lack of export features to excel or other spreadsheet type formats. My company ended up having us do dual tracking because it would not allow this. 2nd, tasks put in a board that aren't used very much are extremely easy to forget about. This means without manual checks a lot of 'to-do' type items never saw the light of day again when surrounded by another large list of 20+ things.

Best Platform for Project/Team Management

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Ciera H.
Impact Coordinator
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Initially it was a bit overwhelming to set up and sort through all of the features and uses, but once you work with your team and figure out a system it is hands down the most useful and intuitive workspace / task management platform. There are always new features and integrations to be learned which is great to experiment and use as you grow with the platform.

Pluspunten: The best part about Asana is how customizable it is in so many different facets, you can really tailor it to the needs of your specific team and project. The amount of functions that it has and its ability to integrate other apps and services within it makes it extremely versatile and intelligent once you customize it to all of your needs. I also enjoy that there is a mobile app version.

Minpunten: With all of its endless functionality tools - it can be a bit daunting in setting up the ideal layout and structure of use for your team. There are so many options and features that can make the software seem almost too sophisticated and complicated for everyday use. Not exactly user friendly up front, but once you figure it out and are patient in working out tailoring your workspace it is very useful and covers all bases.

The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Heidi G.
Membership Engagement Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pluspunten: I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Minpunten: There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

Collaborative software for project and task management.

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019
Carlos T.
Gerente de Proyectos y Comunicaciones
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I recommend this software responsibly because it is one of the best solutions that work teams have to manage tasks and work projects. With Asana you will be able to develop different types of collaborative activities quickly and efficiently, improving the product of your work and adding to your work dynamics a lot of productivity. Acquire this software and improve your work dynamics.

Pluspunten: Asana is a software designed to facilitate the management of projects and tasks in the working environment. The most important features of this software are the following. -It is a software that strengthens teamwork thanks to its shared workspaces, which are divided into projects and tasks. You can manage large projects, as well as you can manage small operational tasks in your work and assign obligations to other co-workers. -A well explanatory central panel, which mentions each of the details of the project or task you are carrying out and the tools applicable to your projects. -Receive instant updates on the progress of your project or tasks, plus notify you when a member of the team made changes to the project. -You can schedule meetings and pending tasks. -All the projects and tasks you are managing are stored in the Asana cloud. -It has a multiplatform application, so you can access the software from your smartphone.

Minpunten: Asana has one of the best project management platforms I have ever known. For more than three years I have used this software for work purposes, and both its collaborative workspace tool and the option to develop projects, tasks and store them in the cloud, work excepcionalmemte. Asana developers have done a great job developing this software for businesses. It is a very complete and efficient software for me.

Simple and easy task management

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Michael C.
Web Developer
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use this as a quick way to jot down ideas, suggestions and tasks when communicating with clients and then I can come back and expand on the tasks with more details when I have more time. Adding in sections to distinguish priority and time-frames is nice as well.

Pluspunten: It's so easy to setup a project and add in tasks when in a rush.
It's extremely easy to invite people to join your organisation and being able to have up to 15 for free is amazing.
I find the option of being able to view tasks in both a list and board view very useful.

Minpunten: I use it in a very simple manner just to manage ideas and tasks on different projects so currently there are no cons. A few years ago I did find it to load slowly but they have fixed it and increased the speed.

If I only had ONE tool, this would be it.

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019
Ken I.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pluspunten: Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Minpunten: I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

Great clean software for managing tasks !

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019
Moshe D.
Director/VP
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helps us manage workflow, organize tasks, and delegate tasks. I use it mostly for delegating.
Overall I am very happy

Pluspunten: The interface is clean simple and fluid. There is no waiting or load time on any pages, which I consider a very important requirement in any software, especially a task management software. Its intuitive any easy to use

Minpunten: No good solution from time tracking.
No good hierarchy option for organizing tasks.
Its not built with every day tasks in mind, its more focused on projects. but its simple interface makes it easily usable for any tasks you need.
Chat is near real time, but not real-time.

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019
Development Associate
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pluspunten: I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Minpunten: I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Good software with room for improvement

Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019
Maria S.
Head of Product Management
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Asana is a recommendable tool for task management with a very comforting surface. It is easy to handle and set up projects, tasks and teams. It though lacks some useful features that other task management tools like JIRA or teamwork offer.

Pluspunten: Asana is very well designed and has a really nice optical appearance.
It helps to structure projects, timetables and priorize tasks in an easy understandable way.
It offers a good mobile solution with the Asana app.

Minpunten: Although it regularly sets up new features and helpful improvements, some features that are essential to me are missing:
- The overview of my tasks is a list that can not be sorted in many ways. It only offers to select from project, due dates and likes. I would prefer a sorting by due date connected with the priority of the tasks or due date connected with projects. As I often have up to 15 or 20 tasks per day it would be great to sort them more accurately.
- I miss the possibility to priorize tasks independently from their project. E. g. a task is assigned to my within a project and marked there with the priority medium. It though has high priority among my personal due tasks.
- Dependencies (not sub-tasks) cannot be set between different tasks. I would like to have the possibility to set a task as dependent on the completion of another task.

Asana - more than a to do list

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019
Gabrielle W.
Administrator
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

Pluspunten: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner.

Minpunten: There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

Amazing productivity tool

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Zeynel A.
Student
Machine- en installatiebouw, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used this software when dealing with complex projects. I have been planning my weeks with Asana. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with tasks, I use Asana to organize my works. And I want to keep it that way.

Pluspunten: + İt offers all feature any productivity tool can.
+Help menu and tutorials are so incredible that it takes only minutes to get the hang of it.
+When I create or edit a project, all you need appear in one page. This design help me edit my project most effective way.
+ I can add task with sub-task, set due date both task and sub-task, add notes, sort them, filter them, assign them to members... and all these stuff can be carried out in one screen. Amazing!
+ Setting due times for sub-tasks is really important for me, and Asana one of the few software that make it possible.
+ There are board, list and calendar view options. It is really helpful when creating projects, different each other.
+ I can view and edit my task in calendar view.
+ There are well-organized templates to create a project faster.
+ It is possible to import and export project. No need to waste time when you want to study on a project with different software.
+ I can to sync projects to calendar and see the task of project I had selected in my calendar.
+ There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. That makes editing projects even faster.
+ Even the free version meets all my needs and expectations. Wonderful!

Minpunten: - I want to set priority levels for tasks, and to sort and filter them by priority level. But Asana doesn't provide this.
- I really like it is possible to set due dates for sub-tasks, but it would so much better if sub-tasks appeared in calendar view.
- Each project has its own calendar but There could be also a main calendar that help users to screen all due dates for all projects and tasks combined. That would make the software so much powerful.

Excellent tool for project/task/list management

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019
Jade W.
Marketing Coordinator
Civiele techniek, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using Asana for both work and personal projects (two separate accounts) for about 6 years now, and I am obsessed. I am constantly thinking of things I need to do for work or personal ideas and business ideas, and it's great for capturing them and organizing them in one place. I make it a habit to cycle through all of my projects once per week to review upcoming deadlines and update the status of projects (sometimes more often). There are some coworkers in other departments who use Asana heavily, but I have not been able to convince my group to use it for collaboration. I would love to get them away from using email, Word docs, and spreadsheets for project collaboration.

Pluspunten: Everything! However, I like that it is easy to quickly add tasks and projects, especially from the mobile app. I rarely miss deadlines or forget things since I started using it. It is a great "container" for all of your project steps, thoughts, notes, ideas, etc. My life would probably fall apart without it! I use the search feature constantly as well.

Minpunten: There isn't an easy way (that I know of) to see all items across multiple projects that are due on the same day or week. It's possible that I'm not using it the way the folks at Asana intended.

Cliche Warning: Asana Changed My Life

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2019
Connor D.
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was introduced to Asana when I started as a new coach for an established executive coaching firm. At the time, I considered myself wildly-unorganized. I'd tried various task-, time-, and priority-management tools in the past and none of them really stuck. Asana was the game-changer for me. I don't know how to explain to beyond the fact that the workflow and systems seem "natural" to me. The overall flow seems to match the way my brain best operates, and their features have made tracking everything on my plate (which seems to increase every day) seem almost effortless. I'll be leaving that executive coaching firm shortly as I launch my own business, but I'll definitely be taking my experience with Asana with me. I can't imagine trying to run any aspect of my life, let alone my business, without it.

Pluspunten: At the risk of sounding like a super-fan (and honestly, maybe I am), I love almost everything about Asana. But I'd say my all-time favorite feature is the Today, Upcoming, and Later sections. That might sound minor, but that super-simple approach to task, time, and priority-management has been a game-changer for me and my clients. It's allowed me to stay focused on what matters most in-the-moment without losing sight of longer-term vision. Beyond that, the collaboration features are second-to-none. I run every aspect of my business through Asana: Blog posts, client workflows, meetings, presentations, and so on ... Literally everything gets tracked in Asana. And because of that, it makes it very easy to outsource projects and collaborate with others. Finally, another important feature for me has been their Advanced Search feature. Unfortunately they recently removed this from the "Free" plan, but it looks like I've been grandfathered in. Honestly, this feature alone is probably worth paying for if you use the tool as extensively as I do. I have literally hundreds of tasks in Asana, split up among various teams, projects, and sections. Managing a database that large without an intuitive search feature would be a nightmare (and, honestly, probably a deal-breaker). Thankfully Asana's Advanced Search functionality doesn't disappoint (and their "Saved Search" feature makes it easy to quickly access common searches).

Minpunten: Two things come to mind: I'm really not a fan of Asana's "Home" or "Inbox" tabs. Honestly, I don't understand the point of them and find it a little frustrating that the default view is "Home" rather than "My tasks." Their Home view is a cluttered mess that doesn't give you an insightful or helpful look into your day or your priorities. I ended up creating a custom bookmark straight to the My Tasks view to avoid it. Same goes for Inbox: It's not that I've had a bad experience with their inbox tab, it's just that I don't really understand the point of it. I've never found a viable use case for the Inbox tab after coaching dozens of entrepreneurs through the program.

Asana project management software

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019
Carlos T.
Sales Representative
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Pluspunten: Pro:
It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time
. As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change
. It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use
. It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Minpunten: Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for)
It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve
. Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen,
You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it
. It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana
. As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable.
It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

helps me run my business

Beoordeeld op 1-9-2019
Tammie B.
creator
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: asana is keeping me totally organized. i have a very specific list of what needs to get done each day. at a glance, i can see what i have next for every single project and i can see what i have planned for the day and the week. (i love the calendar view for my tasks!) it's SUCH a great feeling to check off all the items you have on tap for the day! and it's not just mindless checking off tasks, it's getting me closer to my big goals.

Pluspunten: keeps me super organized because i'm a one-woman show and i can't keep it all straight without asana! i love that you can view things on a calendar and sync to your ical or google calendar. i love that you can create different projects and can create subtasks. i don't have a team, but it has tons of great features to assign and keep track of tasks for teams. i check in on my tasks multiple times a day on asana to keep me focused and it has helped me accomplish more than i thought possible. i also love that you have the option to create kanban boards. you can create recurring tasks which is super helpful. i have all of my projects color coordinated and have due dates set so it keeps me super organized. and it's free!!

Minpunten: i wish you could switch from list view to kanban view, but you have to select one or the other when setting up a new project. also, since i am a single user, i wish it would automatically assign all tasks to me, but i have to enter it every time. (if you don't assign a task to yourself, it won't show up in "my tasks") i check in multiple times a day to my tasks, so i have to make sure i have assigned all the tasks to myself so they show up and don't slip through the cracks. i also wish that when i completed a task, it would be removed from my inbox. (instead, i just manually archive all items in my inbox every couple days)

An essential tool for our business

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Simon B.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a small business that has both internal staff and contractors Asana helps us break projects into tasks and keep track of where we are. It’s easy to set up and use which means everybody uses it.

Pluspunten: Asana makes both managing projects and product development simple. Dare I say it? Perhaps even a pleasure. A pleasure because of some of the funky features it has - unicorns fly when you complete a task, friendly monsters peek at you over cards. But it’s certainly not frivolous. Projects are easy to set up and track. Team members can build a clear view of their work. Admins can report on progress.

Minpunten: It’s a shame you can’t assign tasks to two people. And that, in calendar view, you can’t rearrange tasks into the order you wish to do them.

Good and very simple tool to manage your Team and Tasks

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Dilanka H.
Software Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Asana helped me and my organization in resolving daily issues when assigning and managing tasks over Projects and Teams. We are an IT Service/Development company where the tasks and resource tracking is the base of billing. Asana helped us in tracking tasks in a very good capacity. However it is seen that the lack of customization ability was given a burning problem increased over days with growing requirements.

Pluspunten: Implementation easiness saved a lot of time. User provision and giving them the access to play with Asana was a great advantage when it came to a full-stacked IT Development Company like us. Simple and elegant design was another plus mark.

Minpunten: When it came to the day to day functionalities in use users found it little difficult to take the full potential of the assigned tasks because of lack of details captured. Asana should focus on least functionalities to allow end-users (administrators) to customize data/information capturing fields. If the feasibility is there to add some more data driven fields it could have been a great advantage.

Tracking my team and projects has never been easier!

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Wil S.
Marketing Software Admin
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: With Asana, I'm able to easily track projects my team is working and on and where they are with completion. We live off of board view as that gives us a visual idea on what needs to be handled next and by whom. Clicking a box on the board and seeing what tasks have been completed gives me simple access to see who's accountable for things during a project and address any errors in the process. Asana has done an exceptional job also, with making things customizable so that it functions to our company standards and needs.

Minpunten: The only downfall is that I wish Asana had more options to integrate time tracking as we depend on that to bill our clients. So separating billable from non-billable hours is a must for my company.

Workflows for dummies!

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019
Christopher D.
Creative Manager
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Asana is a great platform for designers and marketing teams but may not the perfect solution for more business-finance oriented individuals. Asana feels like an upgraded Basecamp and Zoho with pretty visuals, fun integration, and task/priority management in a nutshell.

Pluspunten: Asana's visually engaging and provides an easy at-a-glance view of projects depending on the template you've chosen for a group/project. In addition, its customization allows for easy task management and tailoring to your organizations needs.

Minpunten: As a newer user, I found that also having too many options made me feel some decision fatigue. I wasn't sure which template to pick but it took some experimenting and onboarding with Asana's team to figure out what worked for my organization. We currently use it for marketing projects internally and it is being used daily which has been helping workloads and making sure that the team is aware of what is going on.

Task organization made simple!

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Kylee L.
Marketing Account Executive
Marketing en reclame, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Before we found Asana, we were having difficulties in communicating all project needs, deadlines, and expectations. With 9 members on our marketing team, sometimes details can get lost in the daily shuffle or smaller tasks may be pushed to the bottom of the list to make time for those higher priority projects. As this happened, some projects were getting overlooked and deadlines were missed. Then and there, we decided we needed a platform where the entire team can input projects, deadlines, detailed notes, and expectations. Back and forth communication is key when running a large team, and this has allowed us to give instant feedback and ask questions directly under a specific task. If we do ever need to push out a deadline, you can make changes to any of the tasks/sub-tasks. Then, notifications can be sent out via email or desktop alerts. That notifies any user associated with the task that something on it has been changed. This feature of Asana has also been a major asset to our team. Lastly, the calendar feature, showing all present and future tasks, has been a much needed addition to Asana over the last few years. When we thought Asana couldn't be more streamlined, it upgraded to add in the calendar! Seeing everything in an overall view on the calendar is very helpful, rather than just seeing the tasks laid out in list form. It helps us to see everything in a more "big picture" view, so that smaller projects aren't forgotten and deadlines aren't missed.

Pluspunten: The best feature of Asana is the ability to share tasks, deadlines, notes, and projects with team members. By linking our entire team on one platform, it has streamlined our review and turnaround process. There are no gaps in communicating what is needed on a project and when its due date is expected. This has been invaluable to our team! You can assign each team member a task, the date it's due, and add notes to clarify things.

Minpunten: Truly, I cannot think of a single thing we dislike about Asana - the capabilities are exactly what we were looking for. It is easy to use and has updated over the years to match trends and the growing needs of its users.

Asana a great work management tool

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019
Tom C.
Digital Designer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: the overall experience of asana is very goo, its a well built and well designed system that I can imagine I will be using for a long time to come.

Pluspunten: one of the things that stands out to me as a designer, is intact the UI. love the colours and the features of the system. also its a nice touch adding in the little animations when tasks are completed

Minpunten: the only think I would say I sometimes have an issue with is the emails that I receive from the system. every now and then I will get an email that has a title but has no information about the overarching task, it would be very helpful if you could add in a parent task description or even an excerpt to just to give you some relevance to what the ticket is about

Asana keeps me organized!

Beoordeeld op 22-7-2019
Enya M.
Paralegal
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pluspunten: Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Minpunten: This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Wonderful Task Management Software

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Beline F.
Event Manager & Marketing Specialist
Evenementenbureaus, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The user interface is great - it's easy to jump in and start using it, and then to get better at using some of the amazing features of it. Our team has different levels of users, including people that are less comfortable using new tech, and Asana's flexibility allows them to use it less often and less thoroughly, while other users like myself plan entire projects start to finish, with high levels of granularity, directly in Asana.

Minpunten: This is a bit of a technical detail, but we are a sub-unit of several teams, in a college, in a university, and so we share our domain name (@xxxx.edu) with the global university, so we weren't able to get the company style account, rather than a basic premium account, which makes dealing with a ton of projects a bit unruly, and a privacy concern. Our fix was to make all the projects private and only share them with who needs access.

Oasis for the Cluttered Mind

Beoordeeld op 11-6-2019
Monica D.
Founder/Owner
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have a lot of plans for my business and have had people come in and out to help me with those plans, mainly virtual assistants. Those VA's have been in the country and out, and Asana has been easy for everyone to work with and communicate via. I have had people suggest other things like Trello, which I have used and have no problems with, but I like the depth and continued simplicity of Asana and have not plans to switch.

Pluspunten: It'a tough to pick one thing that I love, but I think if I had to, it's the fact that when I have an annoying to-do list in my head that I know I am going to want to share with a team member or some other contractor I will bring on to help me with something in my business, I can go to Asana to create a list, do a brain dump and add dates and other info as I come up with them. No need to look for paper (as much as I like to write things by hand) and no need to worry about leaving that written list at home the one time I am away from it and want to add to it. Asana is easy to use and has lots of stuff that gets me by as a free user. When I am ready to take on the expense, it will open up even more great features.

Minpunten: The expense. It's not bad for one person, but I have a little team that I intend to expand. The fee for Asana is per user. It's worth it. I am sure of that, but as a semi-solopreneur who has a few people to help me from time to time and who wants to solidify things so those team members are a definite fixture, I won't look to take on the expense until I know my business can pay for it.