PROPRICER reviews

4,5 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,8 /5

Over PROPRICER

Software voor offerteprijzen die wordt gebruikt door federale agentschappen en aannemers om lokale en op Excel gebaseerde prijsstellingstools te vervangen.

Meer informatie over PROPRICER

56 reviews worden weergegeven

Koren M.
Pricing Analyst V
  • Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020

"Best Professional Pricing Alternative"

Opmerkingen: I have used the software since 2005 at varying points in my career from buyer/implementer/administrator to my current status of user.

Pluspunten: Constant improvement and support for the packages, ease of contacting EBS for personalized telephone support, ability to customize purchase package configuration, size, and pricing depending upon functional applications and number of users.

Minpunten: Report designer is still not extremely user friendly; too many trials and errors required for the average user to set up. No clear online instruction to move, size, and change columns to be active.

van Executive Business Services op 10-3-2020

Koren, we greatly appreciate your review, especially the mention of our technical support services and software updates!

In the future, we'll do our best to improve the Report Designer feature and its help documentation. Unfortunately, we are limited on what we can change in it, because our own team uses the feature to develop new system reports, so it must remain flexible.

Our recommendation for your users is to attend a PROPRICER Report Designer training or contact our technical support team for assistance in report creation.

• Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020
Jesse M.
Principal Pricing Analyst

"ProPricer Review"

Opmerkingen: Again, even with my previous statement, I would gladly recommend this tool to any Pricing Organization.

Pluspunten: When I first came to this company 23 years ago, we were not using Pro-Pricer. The tool we used was cumbersome and mostly a manual effort. The actual Pricing on a single multi-million dollar proposal usually had to be left running overnight and when I got to work the next morning it would be finished. It doesn't matter how large the proposal (even up to 1B$) it always take less than a minute to price. That is from the first time I used it in 1999.

Minpunten: Year over year, ProPricer has consistently updated the tool and for the most part I have found the updates to be useful to my job. The one glaring shortfall is in material. We have looked at doing material with ProPricer with each new revision, and our existing material tool still works better. Sorry, just being honest.

Nermin N.
Proposal Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2020

"Needs easier user interface"

Opmerkingen: Different report options

Pluspunten: Accurate results with different reporting options such as summary, monthly etc

Minpunten: Not easy to use, better user interface, constant re-saving for every iteration

van Executive Business Services op 26-2-2020

Nermin, we appreciate your honest review!

Have you checked out the PROPRICER Enhancement Voting Site? This site contains a list of several approved enhancements that could be included in future releases of PROPRICER. On the site you have the ability to review each enhancement and vote for the ones that you would like us to work on!

One of our customer success representatives will be contacting you to ensure that you have the link to your dedicated site.

Jim D.
Sr. Pricing Analyst

"ProPricer Review"

Opmerkingen: It is accepted by the Government as a tool that is accurate for Government Contracting.

Pluspunten: ProPricer is easy to learn and use. The support is good. We can use it over our network.

Minpunten: Too many features. It is like Excel. There are too many features that we won't ever use.

Brian B.
Pricing Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 21-12-2020

"Industry Standard"

Pluspunten: ProPricer is designed to meet the needs of end user. The flexibility of the tools allows for ProPricer to meet the various needs of customer requirements. I have successfully utilized ProPricer for large DOD, Commercial, and International pursuits, as well as small, low dollar spare part bids. ProPricer’s sortable and reportable functionality is key to customizing Pricing activities to meet the ever changing needs of our customers. Lastly, ProPricer Customer Support is second to none when it comes to meeting customer needs. I know that I can call or email and be working directly on a question or issue within minutes. When working under strict deadlines, minutes matter, and ProPricer delivers 100% of the time.

Minpunten: There is nothing that I don’t like about the ProPricer software, it is easy to use, easy to install, and easy to maintain. For my Company specifically, the only issue that I have is that I need to utilize the IT department for updating and maintaining the server and database. Therefore, when an update is released, I need to work with another department that may have other priorities, before we can update. The updates themselves are minimally invasive and can be rolled out in less than an hour across multiple users.

• Beoordeeld op 21-12-2020
Laurie C.
Sr. Finance Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 9-12-2020

"ProPricer Works Well for Large and Complex Proposals"

Opmerkingen: We really like the ProPricer tool and use it for all of our major proposals. It's nice to know that once you have the tool properly set up you don't have to worry about math errors, copy-paste errors etc. Our government customers like proposals done in ProPricer and often ask for the working excel files as part of proposal submission.

Pluspunten: ProPricer setup at new sites is fairly easy to do especially if you are an experienced user but do allow plenty of time to do the setup. I love the pivot grids feature allowing easy data manipulation. Also like the flexibility to set up a proposal and slice and dice the output it many ways. Love the ability to generate several of the reports in working excel format!

Minpunten: I find the report customization feature challenging and cumbersome. It would be nice if ProPricer was a bit more compatible with Excel. If/when Tech Support is needed it can be challenging to communicate issues due to the fact that we cannot send files with company private information outside our walls.

Edith T.
Estimating & Pricing Proposal Analyst

"It's All Gravy!"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with ProPricer has been a good one, it exceeds my expectations and I would gladly recommend ProPricer SW for all estimating needs.

Pluspunten: First off the sw is easy to use even if it is your first time. Once you get acclimated with it the possibilities are endless learning. It is quick & fast calculating, no having to wait long for numbers to populate. The external tools are great for uploading spreadsheet data into the sw.

Minpunten: Really throughout my 12 years of use there has been some I wish it would do this or that and thru the years my wishes were answered. One of my wishes is in data manipulation, I would like to be able to move data in columns to other columns, like field editing to say whatever is in user01 column, move or copy to user02 column etc...

Cynthia K.
Pricing and Proposal Analyst

"Very Good Tool"

Opmerkingen: Extremely positive. This tool helped my team achieve one of our company goals - reducing proposal turn around time by 20%. We're able to work much faster and 'true-up' the data between our own internal files. WE are working towards getting everyone on this tool, not just using excel (which is prone to a lot more errors). We are really enjoying this tool and look forward to utilizing more of it in the future! Can't wait for proposal templates.

Pluspunten: The report functions and the ability to pull so much data together is most helpful. I am particularly pleased with the What - If analysis, as things change quickly at my company and I am able to give prompt feedback to my superiors.

Minpunten: The algorithms section is not as intuitive as I'd like. It's powerful, but I find myself getting hung up on details there.

Ryan E.
Mgr. Finance
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-12-2020

"Excellent software and superb support"

Pluspunten: The product is great to use, and the support is excellent. I have zero complaints.

Minpunten: There are a few things that don't make sense to me. Proposals are built using rate tables, but at times we defy these rate tables and have to do manual calculations in excel, as either I am unaware, or it's not possible to do some easy excel calculations. I could explain this easier with more detail if needed.

• Beoordeeld op 14-12-2020
Bob D.
Global IT Director
Machine- en installatiebouw, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-12-2020

"Complex processes, robust tool that supports these processes"

Opmerkingen: Their customer service is OUTSTANDING - they worked with us to help ascertain what the data sources SHOULD be - the formats required, and then went through multiple iterations of a 'proof of concept' for different departments (one for the quoting/costing team, and one for the program management/business development team).

Pluspunten: ProPricer has a richness of capability, such that it supports many different aspects of our business. From quoting and cost estimating to overall project estimation (cost and schedule), the capabilities support the early stages of effort for many of our projects.

Minpunten: As we are extremely diversified and de-centralized, determining the source and 'translating' the source data into a format that ProPricer can "consume" was extremely difficult. Some level of automation would help, but I would suspect with most customers, the number and diversity of data sources would be much less than it was for us.

• Beoordeeld op 30-12-2020
Gary V.
Prin FP&A Analyst/Gov't Compliance
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2020

"From the "Wild West" to Standardization"

Opmerkingen: I have used ProPricer with several companies since about 2004. Frankly, I'm to the point where I won't work for a company that doesn't use it. Using spreadsheets all the time just isn't the way to go anymore.

Pluspunten: My most favorite part of ProPricer software is the ease and speed of creating a meaningful set of reports for a cost volume. I have blown people away with reporting into Excel with formulae and creating something that can go to DCAA for audit and so they can make their own adjustments.

Minpunten: My company doesn't have a very good way to import data into ProPricer (other companies I was with did) and that is the biggest Con right now. Each person estimating uses their own spreadsheet in their own way and we need to figure out how to get what they have into ProPricer. I wish ProPricer could standardize this.

van Executive Business Services op 10-3-2020

Gary, we love that you will only work for a company that uses PROPRICER! Importing data is something we've been working on improving. We're happy to say that the latest version (9.3.107) includes our new Import/Export Tool, which allows proposal data to be easily imported and exported between Microsoft Excel and PROPRICER. We recommend upgrading to the newest version as soon as you can to get this tool; it will help tremendously!

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2020
Michelle C.
Sr. Pricing Specialist
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-1-2020

"User experience focused tool"

Pluspunten: EBS who makes ProPricer does an excellent job with providing user support in trying to figure out solutions to both unique and not so unique situations. Their frequent enhancements and improvements in new builds are a result of user feedback which shows that they are dedicated to making the user experience optimal.

Minpunten: I know this has been a subject of discussion before, but the lack of an "undo" button for inadvertent changes or deletions could be considered a minor con. I am aware of the workaround which is to make frequent copies of proposals. The other minor nuisance is that the logon and password aren't synched with the rest of the many applications I use at work. Possibly this is due to how my company chose to set it up vs. a lack of ability for ProPricer to be tied to our password synch program.

van Executive Business Services op 2-3-2020

Michelle, your review is greatly appreciated! As much as we would love to include an "undo" button in our software, it would require sacrificing much of PROPRICER's performance ability. As you are already aware, making copies of proposals is the safest way to adjust data in PROPRICER, and it's likely that it will continue to be into the foreseeable future.

For the issue with your login credentials, we will have one of our technical support specialists contact you to set up the Windows Integrated login option, which allows you to log in to PROPRICER with your Windows credentials.

Bill L.
Financial Analyst

"Daily User"

Opmerkingen: I've worked with defense contractors in the past that have spent tens of thousands of dollars on estimating a single proposal only to produce results that ProPricer can produce easily.

Pluspunten: The fact that it operates as a relational database. Simple math and formula errors are eliminated.
Once estimates are loaded, you can easily look at it from multiple points of view to spot areas of concern.

Minpunten: I'd love to see a quick keyword search box in the Proposal field. No real cons though.

van Executive Business Services op 27-2-2020

We appreciate your feedback, Bill!

In the newest version of PROPRICER (9.3.107) we have created a keyboard shortcut, CTRL+SHIFT+F, that opens the AutoFilter Row above any grid in PROPRICER, including the Proposal List! Any keyword can be typed into the AutoFilter Row, and the grid will show only the records containing that keyword. Also, to open the Proposal List in a grid, simply double-click "Proposals" in the Navigation Pane.

Andreas B.
Team Lead Pricing

Pluspunten: 1. Fast and reliable pricing
2. good tools to analyse the data

Minpunten: 1. not good at multi currency pricing in original currencies
1.1 the whole system is designed to convert into a single currency sooner or later
1.2 Interdivisional transfer does not account for multiple currencies at all
1.3 the curreny field is not analysable in pivot grid. you have to copy your currency over to another ressource field to make in show up in pivot
2. data input is notchy
2.1 you can not easily shift single ressources on the time axis
2.2 you can not copy from one task to another and change the timeframe to match the receiving task
2.3 if the recommendation for a field value is longer than what you want to put in it is virtually impossible to get what you want
3. Changing between different algorythms is unnessesary hard

van Executive Business Services op 27-2-2020

Andreas, thank you for your very thorough review! We admit, there are some shortcomings with how PROPRICER handles multiple currencies. However, your feedback has been noted and it will be considered while we develop future enhancements.

Regarding the rest of your comments, there are some new features available in the latest version of PROPRICER that we think will address some of your concerns. A member of our technical support team will reach out to you to find some ways that PROPRICER can work more efficiently for you and your team!

Phillip H.
Senior Finance Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 31-1-2020

"Great Product, Great Company"

Opmerkingen: My team and I truly enjoy the product overall and benefit from it greatly.

Pluspunten: The software is relatively easy to use, but has complex features that enable our company to perform our Pricing function in an accurate and timely manner.

Minpunten: Challenge of performing range pricing scenarios; doesn't seem to be a simple way to structure a proposal to meet the customers needs. The other feature that would be nice is a function or capability to perform pricing updates on the fly during negotiations - the "P" sheet is very cumbersome to maneuver through in this regard.

van Executive Business Services op 27-2-2020

Phil, your input is greatly appreciated!

We're currently working on making quantity price ranges easier to generate in a future update of PROPRICER. Also, the "P" sheet was recently updated in version 9.3.106, and should be easier to navigate now.

However, the ideal situation when negotiating with your government customer would be for them to have PROPRICER Government Edition, allowing you both to make immediate changes to copies of the proposal. Unfortunately, we don't live in a 'perfect world'.. maybe one day!

Ki L.
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 10.000+ werknemers

"ProPricer"

Pluspunten: I like the reports that come out of ProPricer. It is very easy to manipulate data to show what you want to the customer

Minpunten: Sometimes the interface looks a bit cumbersome. The layout looks a little old as well

van Executive Business Services op 26-2-2020

Ki, thank you for your feedback.

We are glad that you find reporting on specific data in PROPRICER to be easy! It's also just as easy to customize the user interface layout to fit your preferences. Here is an episode from our popular PROPRICER Tips & Tricks video series about customizing the user interface: https://youtu.be/gToMjhEMXF0.

We also have an episode that covers a feature called "Skins," which can be used to customize the look and feel of PROPRICER. This video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVbAmyCGaE&t=3s.

Something else that may interest you is our new internet-based product, which will be released soon, called PROPRICER EstimatorFLEX. This product uses cloud-computing technology to offer many of the same features as the main PROPRICER software. Also, this product can be used in any internet browser at any time!

We'll have one of our representatives follow up with you to see if this information has been helpful.

Mac C.
Pricing Specialist
Research, 501-1.000 werknemers

"Propricer is my friend"

Opmerkingen: I have gotten very used to the interface and I trust it. So when I have to be confident in my work, i trust propricer. When i need to doublecheck my other work I use propricer.

Pluspunten: The way I'm able to modify my reports is especially nice. The ability to use many categories to sort by, and especially being able to use many characters in the categories is great.

Minpunten: i just wish there was an easier way to copy and paste redundant information.

van Executive Business Services op 7-5-2020

Thank you for your review, Mac. We're happy you trust PROPRICER enough to check all of your work to ensure accurate calculations!
There are a few ways PROPRICER allows you to avoid having to copy and paste redundant information. Here is an episode from our popular PROPRICER Tips & Tricks video series, about the Add Copy and Copy Task Data functions: https://youtu.be/FSVpp8iFc7o. These features allow you to quickly expand a proposal by copying different tasks, making adjustments on the go and move tasks from one proposal to another, without having to create new items from scratch.
We're going to have one of our representatives reach out to you to discuss other potential options as well.

Jim R.
Pricing Manager

"ProPricer Works Great"

Opmerkingen: Experience with ProPricer has been great. It is great that we can send an auditor files that have formulas active so that they can see how the estimate is put together and that they can manipulate it for their purposes so that we can come to an agreement on contract pricing.

Pluspunten: I like that it interfaces with popular software for importing estimates (Microsoft Project is what we use). It is flexible so that you can set up standard burdening structures, but individual proposals can specifically modified by using overrides. Being able to export reports out to excel and having the reports formulas being active so that you can run different scenarios is a great feature.

Minpunten: I wish that the reports that were sent out to excel had a better formatting. It is cumbersome when data in different columns that should have the same formating and/or formulas are acutally different due to the software needing to merge columns together. In order to make some of the reports "presentable" a lot of formatting needs to be done.

Eric H.
Cost Estimating & Pricing Manager
Research, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

"PROPRICER is a great tool for cost/price estimating!"

Opmerkingen: We needed a product that would streamline cost estimating and pricing functions and ensure estimates are reliable and consistent with company estimating/accounting system(s), and PROPRICER has helped with this goal.

Pluspunten: PROPRICER and the Executive Business Services (EBS) team provide a great product and support. Their team seems to truly listen to industry professionals and is constantly updating its products to better serve both Government and Industry users.

Minpunten: For the most part I can't really think of any cons that I'm sure couldn't be resolved from more training and/or customization on my part.

van Executive Business Services op 10-3-2020

Eric, thank you so much for your feedback. It's been a pleasure working with you! If you ever get the opportunity to refer a government agency or contractor to PROPRICER, we would love to thank you with some of our referral program perks!

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020
Andrew N.
Lead Pricing Analyst
  • Beoordeeld op 5-2-2020

"ProPricer Daily User"

Opmerkingen: ProPricer is USG recognized tool for pricing our USG customer proposals - the accuracy and reliability are a welcome part of the new business development lifecycle. The auditable nature of ProPricer makes it a strong tool for USG business.

Pluspunten: ProPricer is a powerful s/w tool for pricing USG proposals, with numerous reports available, reliable calculations, and a solid feature set.

Minpunten: Large scale data entry -- ProPricer tools for large data set entry are extremely unreliable and overly complicated to use quickly and efficiently. Also, the inability to copy/ paste entries further delays data entry activities, and report generation (mods, new styles, updated formats) is also overly complicated, which is not a time-savings for the user.

van Executive Business Services op 10-3-2020

Thank you for your feedback, Andrew! If you upgrade to PROPRICER version 9.3 build 107, you will be able to take advantage of the new Import/Export Tool, which allows you to import a large amount of entries from Excel into PROPRICER. Also, you will be able to use our new Access Tags feature which can be used to easily organize your data. One of our team members will follow up with you, so we can set you up for success!

• Beoordeeld op 5-2-2020
Nicole M.
Cost Engineer
  • Beoordeeld op 31-1-2020

"Review of PROPRICER Software"

Pluspunten: I like how user friendly the software is. The tool is easy to navigate and customize.

Minpunten: I don't like how mistakes are handled. There is no way to undo and it is very easy to delete or override your work without realizing it until it is too late.

van Executive Business Services op 2-3-2020

Nicole, thank you for your review! We understand the struggle with the lack of an "undo" button in PROPRICER. We have published a PROPRICER Tips & Tricks episode that explains why we're unable to support this feature, as well as some tips for avoiding irreversible mistakes:https://youtu.be/oC-Z_2JwoU4.

We also developed a feature called the Change Log that allows all the changes that are made in a system to be viewed by a user with the correct permissions. The Tips & Tricks episode for this feature can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9WJiuu62yg

In the future, we will push for more UI updates that make it easier to spot changes in your proposals, with the hope that they will help with this issue.

Ron L.
Sr. Pricer
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-12-2020

"Why I love PROPRICER"

Pluspunten: The support from the staff is exceptional. They are there to help 24/7. There was one time when I worked an entire weekend. It was about 1 AM on Monday morning that due to the structure of the RFP I had to contact PROPRICER for help. The man that answered the phone was very understanding and very helpful. He was able to help me while his sleeping baby was on his lap! I tried to apologize several times for calling so late, but he kept telling me that it was ok and that was his job. I love everyone that works at PROPRICER. Not only are they knowledgeable, they are very kind and caring.

Minpunten: There is no undo key like in Excel. There are so many functions that I am not even aware of. It would be nice to have a weekly/monthly on-line session called "What's new in PROPRICER"

• Beoordeeld op 8-12-2020
Cindy C.
Pricing Supervisor

"Implementer and User"

Opmerkingen: So far so good, we utilize the upload feature mostly and find the manual inputs to be more difficult. It would be helpful if there were more simple trainings on the basics as most of the training videos are related to the expert level use of the system while we are still working to utilize all of the features and have a less complex structure.

Pluspunten: The ability to customize reports and the potential additional features not currently utilized by our team.

Minpunten: As a government contractor, I wish there was more customizability for the reporting and the small business edition specifically had limited to no useful reports. Also a better understanding of each report and maybe a list of the different government agencies and agency specific reports/tables.

Robert B.
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2020

"Just a user"

Pluspunten: That you can have all of your costs in one place

Minpunten: I am being nit-picky but pop-up windows are not large enough to see the whole input area. Sometimes the program thinks that you are working on a different file than the one you really are working on, so it prints the wrong data unless you double check it.

van Executive Business Services op 10-3-2020

Robert, thank you for your review! We understand that the user interface of PROPRICER can sometimes be challenging to use. The following episode of Tips & Tricks on managing the software's workspace might be helpful to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gToMjhEMXF0&t=1s.

If you continue to have issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our technical support team at toll-free (800) 507-9980, or email [email protected] In the meantime, we will look into an additional way to indicate the active proposal in PROPRICER.

• Beoordeeld op 12-2-2020
Kai C.

"One of a kind..."

Pluspunten: Very robust yet flexible in different applications of Pricing / Costing. User interface is fairly straight forward and not very hard to learn. It is also customizable depending on your needs and able to deliver results to our satisfaction.

Minpunten: Although highly customizable and flexible to one's needs, it requires deeper understanding as well as knowledge of the software to implement and often times the assistance and consultation of EBS. Not quite as intuitive as we would like due to the complexity and robustness of the software.

van Executive Business Services op 27-2-2020

Kai, we appreciate your honest review! We will continue improving PROPRICER by striving to make it more intuitive and user friendly.