Gemiddelde scores

4,8 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,6 /5

Over Whereby

Een samenwerkingstool voor professionals die eenvoudige en betrouwbare videovergaderingen willen hosten. Alle vergaderingen worden uitgevoerd vanuit je browser.

Meer informatie over Whereby

84 reviews worden weergegeven

Eddy F.
Operations Director
Groothandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-5-2020

"Whereby Connect you and your team fast and easy"

Opmerkingen: I like these services because I can create one unique link to share with family, friends, and coworkers, with this just enter the link and you are instantly connected. I will add some sort of approval by the admin to join the meeting.

Pluspunten: This service it is easy to use, it is very fast and consumes little to none resources for the machine and connection, I've used it with connections less than 1Mbps of internet speed and I still can share screen and video (not the best quality) but it works. A great option for meetings.

Minpunten: I can't see any cons just yet. Maybe the interface is too simple (for some people) but I choose performance over graphics any time of the week. (Maybe: One con would be that any person with your personalized link can access to the meeting)

• Beoordeeld op 26-5-2020
Claudio P.
Designer
  • Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019

"The best in"

Opmerkingen: BEFORE:
"Hey, what's your account?" "I don't find you" "Witch one of these 3 old Skype accounts is the new one?"
*THREE HOURS LATER*
"Hey, here we are"
NOW:
"Click on this link" "Hey nice, it took like 3 seconds and I'm not frustrated"

Pluspunten: YOUR INTERLOCUTORS DON'T NEED AN ACCOUNT. Or software. Or your nickname. You simply have to send them a short link like appear.in/**yourname** and that's it.

Minpunten: None. It's a super simple and easy to use solution.
Maybe, the fact that not everyone is using it, so sometimes you're forced in use other bad conference solutions.

• Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019
Sivaanan B.
Freelancer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 9-6-2021

"WHEREBY Review"

Opmerkingen: It can be used by those whom have minimal computing knowledge and exposure especially clients or business partners above a certain age whom are not very comfortable with the technology. Therefore it is very much time saving for both ends.

Pluspunten: This is a useful service. It's simple to use, it's quick, and it uses very little of the machine's and connection's resources. I've used it with connections as slow as 1Mbps and I was still able to share screen and video , although not the best of quality, but it works. It's a great place to hold meetings.

Minpunten: The video and audio quality could use some improvement; they're not the best, and they can be slow, dragging, and crashing.

• Beoordeeld op 9-6-2021
James M.
Director of McSill studio
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019

"I thought it was better than it was"

Opmerkingen: It has to be worked on. The idea is nice and neat, but the competition is far better. Start by organizing the screens on the panel, cut off the mic automatically if the participant go silent etc.

Pluspunten: I liked the simplicity. Reminded me of the initial versions of Skype.

Minpunten: When I subscribed, to be able to bring more people into the room, it was messy, there was no way I could organize the screens like I do when I'm using Zoom or Skype. Suddenly, my webcam wasn't visible for the participants. I admit that there was a lot of emails exchanged to try and solve the problem, but it was never solved. By that stage I had paid over 70 pounds for the subscription, and decided to cancel something I could never use. No money back was offered.

• Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Sherae D.
Communications Officer
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021

"Super fast and easy connection"

Opmerkingen: I really love the services that Whereby offers. Really easy to use and facilitates solid communications remotely. You all should try it.

Pluspunten: So easy to use, and requires little effort to get connected. Also people you are connecting with do not need an account, all you have to do is send a link and they are in the meeting. I really love the simplicity and the custom room makes it fancy to me. It’s worth the money

Minpunten: There really isn’t much to dislike with Whereby. My only gross is that the limit of four people isn’t really ideal for people who work with big companies.

• Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021
Luca stefano S.
Full Stack Web Developer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020

"Wonderful if you can stay in the free version"

Pluspunten: It's easy to use and there's no explanation needed when you invite a customer to your room, plus I love the fact that you have your custom room url.

Minpunten: The limit of 4 people is really tight and forces you to upgrade. Since when I decided to leave it, they integrated a better pricing plan that allows to pay for the room instead of paying per user and that's much better.

• Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020
Director of Business Development
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019

"Simple, Solid, Effective Product."

Opmerkingen: Facilitating really solid communication via a remote needs. We were on Zoom for a while but realized its just too complicated for what it offers.

Pluspunten: The ease of use of Whereby is the best part of it. No downloading software, no adding extensions, no asking people to install anything. Everyone can join in really simple. It really helps connecting with clients quickly and efficiently.

Minpunten: There's not much to dislike, the simplicity of it makes it that easy. Sometimes the connections are spotty.

• Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019
Ioana G.
UX Researcher
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

"Finally a screen-sharing tool that doesn't require an extension installation"

Opmerkingen: I have had numerous issues with my research participants dropping off, not being able to connect or getting frustrated because of the video call software. Not having to to explain in entire paragraphs to participanta how to connect is wonderful!

Pluspunten: No need to install an extension. It's simplicity, particularly since we have participants of various technical capabilities

Minpunten: Haven't found anything yet! But - you still need the app to share your screen on mobile. Recordings cost extra (but still affordable).

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020
Aasim S.
Co-founder
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2019

"Whereby works where others don't"

Pluspunten: Whereby helps me talk to people who don't have access to a desktop client like what Zoom has. It also helps me start meetings more fluidly.

Minpunten: It lacks a lot of features products like Zoom have such as selective sharing and audio sharing.

• Beoordeeld op 28-9-2019
Josué L.
Consultant, NAFTA Region
Human Resources, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019

"Terrific tool"

Opmerkingen: It's been a great ride so far.

Pluspunten: It's been really easy to set up an interview between our clients (hiring managers) and the candidates, you don't have to ask for Skype users and go back and forward with emails sharing that information, you only have to set up a "conference room" and share that link, that's it!

Minpunten: It's almost perfect, I just wish there's some chrome extension or email/calendar client plug-in to make it even easier.

• Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Yann I.
Podcasting Consultant
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-10-2019

"A reliable and easy-to-use solution to host video calls"

Opmerkingen: Whereby has been a solid solution to easily organize and host consulting calls and "virtual coffees". Its ease of use, and the fact that can be used both on computer, as well as on tablet and smartphone, make it a no-brainer and a tool that should be in every digital business owner's toolkit.

Pluspunten: I had been using a wide variety of video conferencing tools before I started using Whereby and the things I found have made a difference are: — the array of features: you can create customized and branded "virtual rooms" where to host calls, you can have one-on-one and group calls and you can do so both through the web-based version and the smartphone version of Whereby — ease of use for both the conference call host and participants: it's incredibly easy to organize your first video conferencing call and have people join it, especially because there's no download nor installation required for them to use the web version of Whereby — web and apps: some video conferencing tools are available only through their web version, while Whereby lets you have calls with your computer, as well as with your smartphone or tablet through the mobile device app

Minpunten: The one thing I don't think is ideal about Whereby is the fact that Call Recording is an add-on feature. I wouldn't have an issue with it being an add-on feature available for the Whereby Pro Plan. However, even if one purchases the Pro Plan, he/she needs to purchase Call Recording as a separate add-on (which cannot be bought as a standalone feature). So you'd end up paying for two separate things: for the Pro Plan and for the Call Recording feature.

• Beoordeeld op 2-10-2019
  • Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019

"hasn't changed in the last 24 months - but still great"

Opmerkingen: It's a great product for power users but some more conveniences as mentioned would make it irreplaceable. Don't focus on embedding software - screensharing can show any software, it doesn't need to have native support.
Ambient noise is a problem for new users so 'mute' training is something I have to administer to the 20+ people who have adopted on my recommendation.

Pluspunten: Single click start and better video experience than skype. Re-instating YouTube 'play together' is a highlight

Minpunten: simple fixes/changes as suggested 24 months ago haven't occurred:
- 'v' key to toggle video feed like the 'm' key
- a sound indicator on someones window to show they are broadcasting sound (will help detect/identify ambient sound)

• Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019
Nicolò P.
Frontend Developer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-2-2020

"Good and easy basic video conferencing software"

Opmerkingen: We use it instead of google hangouts some times, especially when the meetings are internal of the company. For example we know what room we have to go for the weekly meeting and we just open the tap at that url when the time is due.

Pluspunten: It's really easy to use, you can setup you "room" on a specific url and you just share that url with the other people. That's literally it, you don't even have to make other people signup/login.

Minpunten: Nothing really, it's pretty easy to use and I haven't noticed any deal breakers so far. I started using it as an individual when it was called appear.in and I never had a problem with it.

• Beoordeeld op 19-2-2020
Marketing & operations VP
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-6-2019

"Simple, always handy"

Opmerkingen: Love it, simple, efficient, never had an issue.

Pluspunten: Never had a call fail with Appear.in. It is also very simple to invite business partners using (free) custom links. Honestly, it's simplicity makes it a no brainer for us

Minpunten: If the URL is taken, rooms should not be available if the admin is not present. It happens we used someone else's URL for months.Therefore, when we upgraded to a paid membership, we were advised our long time link was taken and couldn't be used with Pro features.

• Beoordeeld op 25-6-2019
Rafael F.
Presidente honorífico ANDI del Futuro
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-2-2019

"Nice, easy to use (still some work pending)"

Opmerkingen: We are very plased with this tool, the only concern is that they are charging a lot now for every new functionality.

Pluspunten: Is really easy to use, for us it was the key to migrate to appear.in

Minpunten: Has come troubles with new camera configurations, and when I have 2 o more webcam connected.
The same with heaphones. I have my laptop connected with Bosse Quitecomfort Bluethoot, another Bluethoot speakers and plgged headphones and thats causing troubles.

Isabel S.
Psychologist and Career Consultant
Human Resources, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019

"amazing tool"

Opmerkingen: I am a Psychologist and Career Consultant. I work with individual sessions, attending people across the country and this makes my life better because when I depended exclusively on Skype I was having trouble providing smooth call with no sound and internet problems, sometimes we used to lost productivity due to performance connection problems.

Pluspunten: The things I like most are: appear is hands-on, simply and online. Doesn't need login or download to new participants. I work remotely and its really make difference on my productivity.

Minpunten: The only thing I don't like is the fact I can not integrate with Calendly .

• Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Jarred P.
Engineer
Industriële automatisering, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019

"Great Meeting Software"

Opmerkingen: We utilize this software for remote working employees and it has made a huge difference in the ability to save travel time to the office.

Pluspunten: No downloads and works first try in your browser. We use it internally on a daily basis. We also have special rooms that we use for customer meetings.

Minpunten: There is no option to pay for call in support. Internally we don't require this, but some customers don't have computers with microphones that work etc., and it would be useful for them to be able to login to the meeting to see our screens but call in for voice.

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019
Freelancer
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019

"Appear.in Review"

Opmerkingen: As it is simple to use my experience with it is great.

Pluspunten: This application has helped me to stay connected to my family in different country. I was so pissed with other applications and it came to my rescue. The video and audio quality is unmatchable. It is super simple to form a meeting group, my parents who are not that well versed with technology use it with great ease.

Minpunten: At time the connectivity becomes an issue. Otherwise, it is good. It can also add multiple features.

• Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Uroš Z.
Product Design Lead
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019

"As easy as it can be"

Pluspunten: The key selling point of appear.in is surely its one-click magic. You just have to click on the link and that's it - you are in and have already started video conferencing. This is the most important thing when you want to interview lots of users for your product research, and don't want to bother them installing third party software.

Minpunten: It can be buggy sometimes, sound will not work properly on occasion, but nothing too serious.

• Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019
Douglas I.
Sport, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-2-2019

"Making my life easy"

Opmerkingen: I use it multiple times per day. Our entire team has become accustomed to using Apprear.in as our central meeting location. We were using Hangouts prior and this has become much more efficient. My connection quality is as expected 99% of the time & outside users gain access without hindrances. As you can see I am a big fan.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, simple for low tech users, fast for our team, centralization, no user accounts or logins

Minpunten: I have to search for items, no real cons. Switching between small and large rooms can confuse some users.

• Beoordeeld op 20-2-2019
Peter P.
Product Manager
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

"Great for customer interviews and support"

Opmerkingen: As part of my job I often get on a call with customers to learn more about their usage of our application. Whereby (previous appear.in) is a great and simple way to quickly and in a no-hazzle way interact with the customer. It allows both them and me to share our screen, which is a great way to 'see what they see'.

Pluspunten: Quick and in no-hazzle set up, easy to share link with whoever and quickly get a screen share/cam session running. Most often runs smoothly. Doesn't require any plug-in or installs, simply runs through browser.

Minpunten: Having a free tier that allows up to 4 users in a unique url session, it's hard to complain about anything in this tool. It has lots of competition, and internal company conversations is typically achieved by zoom or slack in our company. But for getting on a call / screen share with a customer, whereby is a preferred solution for us.

• Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
EIR
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019

"Great Alternative Video Conferencing App"

Opmerkingen: My experience with whereby has been good to date

Pluspunten: The seamless no download and no sign-in (unless you are hosting) features are one of my favorites form the Whereby App

Minpunten: Integration with outlook or google calendar would be great add-on at the moment ones rehires to hop on difference interfaces/software tools to get this done

• Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019
Catherine B.
Podcast host of The Fit Fifteen
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-2-2019

"Makes meeting online easy!"

Pluspunten: Love appear.in and using it with Fit Armadillo clients. In the past other technologies kept people from engaging in our services due to the complexities of having to log in. Appear.in has been wonderful for our clients and staff and made things easy!

Minpunten: There can be many different types of technology and settings and sometimes the basic tips don’t help all users. Not really appear.in’s fault though!

Natasha A.
Customer success manager
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2019

"Reliable video conference meetings"

Opmerkingen: Great free solution for speaking either clients

Pluspunten: Reliable video quality and easy to use screen share feature. Use this on the majority of my client calls as my go to video conference

Minpunten: Clients get confused/ frustrated when they can’t click on the share screen button due to them not installing the chrome ad on. Slows down the meeting explaining to them what to do

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2019
Bryan M.
Product Director
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-8-2019

"Our solution for getting quick video calls started with new contacts"

Opmerkingen: Whereby isn't a tool we use everyday, because with many frequent contacts we are communicating in something else like zoom, skype, discord or slack. Every so often though we have contacts who don't frequently use those programs, or use them at all, and we find that the easiest way to get a meeting started is to simply email them our Whereby URL. The fact that it provides a no hassle experience in that type of situation is exactly what we need.

Pluspunten: We like that joining a video call doesn't require participants to download software, they simply visit our customized meeting room URL and they are a part of the meeting. Whereby has the easiest experience for joining meetings that we've found.

Minpunten: Right now Whereby is a tool we use for a very specific case along with other meeting tools. We'd like to be able to either use Whereby in more situations, or be able to use less tools overall. For this reason I am not sure if Whereby is a solution we can recommend to anyone.

• Beoordeeld op 23-8-2019