Over Venmo

Mobielgebaseerd platform voor sociale handel waarmee gebruikers geldoverboekingen kunnen uitvoeren voor alle soorten aankopen.

Meer informatie over Venmo

I like the ease and rapidity with which Venmo makes it possible to send and receive money, especially for business purposes.

Also, there really are no payment protections, so if you send money to the wrong person (which sometimes through no fault of your own), you can be "up a creek" (so to speak).

Beoordelingen van Venmo

Waar voor je geld

Venmo heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 8.912 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Venmo eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (8.919)

Aaron
Aaron
Digital Marketing Specialist
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Easy to pay friends. Missing one essential feature!

4,0 9 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Sean
Sean
Marketing Assistant in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Perfect for accepting payments as a small business and band

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Venmo to accept many forms of payment for shows and merchandise sales and I could not be happier with our results in doing so. We can now accept more in payment from fans and friends where in the past it was dependant upon whether they had cash in hand or not. I cannot say enough good things about Venmo in regard to is making the lives of small businesses and bands easier in the current time.

Makes taking payment for anything (t-shirts, vinyls, tickets) incredibly easy as the user pool is so vast that nearly anyone you come into contact with will have this app on their smartphone. It makes our lives as musicians increasingly easy as the world becomes more digital and has increased our revenue ten fold. We no longer have to swipe any cards or accept cash only as shows now that we use venmo as our primary point of sale.

SOmetimes the scanning of other profiles does not work as intended. This feature working properly is incredibly useful and when it works properly it takes out the guessing in payment forwarding which is very nice.

Janeen
Author & Author Services Provider in VS
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers

Venmo Makes Mobile Payments Easy

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Venmo is a valuable part of my business, and I can't imagine working without it.

I appreciate Venmo for how easy it makes secure payment process for services. Having the functionality on my phone is fantastic. Also, I appreciate how easy it is to transfer money to others using Venmo.

Sometimes I send payments that require transaction numbers. It's a bit of a hassle to type all all those numbers out from my phone. That's about it.

Sarah
Office manager in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Has some troubleshooting to figure out.

3,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience hasn't been great, but I am giving the program one more shot just because it is so easy for people to pay through the app and almost everyone has it.

I like that the program is so easy to get set up on and can be an easy way for people to transfer you money for any products they buy.

I did not like that our account was hacked within the first month of opening our account and the hacker was able to easily transfer all our money into his bank account. It took several emails, phone calls, and wasted time just to get our money back from venmo.

Desiree
Business Owner in VS
Maatschappelijk werk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Venmo for the win!

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Highly highly recommend

I use this app every single day. Every day after work, I Venmo request my customers. I love the reminder notification. Sometimes people forget to pay and the reminder is a gentle and non confrontational way to ask for payments again. I love the transfer to my bank account. It's free if you wait a couple days or instant transfer with a small fee. I also have a free Venmo card that's attached to my account. All black, very nice looking and was free with my account. I'll get email offers for discounts if I pay with Venmo at certain places. I also have gotten a referral bonus a couple times which is nice. App is super easy to use, nothing complicated. I prefer Venmo over Cash app and other competitors.

Sometimes my balance doesn't update right away. Even if I just opened the app, it'll have my old balance still on. It's an easy fix, I just have to refresh the page. It's not a major con at all, just something small.

Hadi
Hadi
Petroleum Engineer in VS
Chemicaliën, 10.000+ werknemers

Venmo Review

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I highly recommend Venmo as a convenient and easy-to-use mobile payment service. Its convenience and wide acceptance make it a great option for both personal and professional use, but it's important to be mindful of the potential security risks and transaction clearing times.

One of the biggest pros of using Venmo is its convenience. The app is easy to use and allows you to quickly send and receive money with just a few taps on your phone. Additionally, you can easily split payments with others, which is great for splitting the cost of a meal, rental, or other shared expenses.Another pro is the wide acceptance of Venmo. Many businesses accept Venmo as a form of payment, and it's also becoming increasingly popular among peer-to-peer transactions. This makes it a versatile option for both personal and professional use.

One of the cons of Venmo is the time it takes for transactions to clear. While most transactions are instant, some can take up to two business days to clear. This can be inconvenient if you need the money for something urgent. Additionally, Venmo's fees for certain types of transactions, such as using a credit card, can be higher than other mobile payment services.Another con is its security concern. Venmo is built on ease of use and speed, which sometimes comes at the expense of security. So, users should be cautious when using the app and make sure to set a strong password, enable two-factor authentication, and be wary of phishing scams.

Bri
Assistant manager in VS
Medische praktijk, 51-200 werknemers

venmo review

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love venmo, i personally use it on a weekly basis.

I like how easy it is and it is also really convenient because a lot of people dont have cash and almost everyone i know has venmo so that is how we pay each other back when we happen to be out or splitting gifts, rent etc.

my one complaint would be the security. i personally have no had any issues security wise but i do know a couple friends who have been hacked. venmo is super responsive and fast so these issues were resolved but with anything to do with you bank info being hacked it can be a hassle.

Michelle
HR Admin in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 51-200 werknemers

Easy to use but major flaws

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, its an easy way to personally pay people. They really need to take out the home feature that allows you to see everyone else's payments. They also need to come up with better ways to connect an account than just a phone number or at least have a system where it can be disconnected from a number easily.

I like that it is super easy to use and connect accounts to. Easy way to pay individuals for personal use.

Why do I need to see every contact in my phones Venmo payments? I don't need to know that Pat got paid for cosplay on Monday. The home feature is completely pointless and honestly feels invasive. I also wish there was other ways to connect that didn't totally depend on a phone number. People change phones and numbers all the time. It makes it difficult to disconnect a number once it's been set up, especially if you don't know the person that had that number previously.

Assurance Staff in VS
Administratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

No more splitting cash bills!

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love having Venmo, I don't have to carry cash with me and I can even make payments on behalf of others and then request them if they forget. If you don't have a Venmo account - you are definitely missing out!

I love how instant Venmo works. We'll get coffee with friends- one of them takes care of the entire bill and then we all just venmo our share. When I receive Venmo's it's free to move the balance to my debit card within 3-4 days but there's an instant option for a small fee. Game changer!

I wish they would separate the Crypto balance to a separate app that's all about Crypto so that Venmo is just for cash balances. Other that that it's super easy and efficient to use.

Office manager in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Send and receive payments just got a lot faster!

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Super happy with the product. Sending and receiving payments are fun and effortless

Super easy and intuitive to use. Multiple features in send and payment options are definitely wonderful to have! One of the best payment tools in the market for personal and business use.

No cons complaints so far. All the app features full-fills my daily needs. Would definitely continue to use!

Operation Supervisor in Colombia
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The best app for financial services

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have had an excellent experience with Venmo, from the money transfer to the customer service.I look forward to using the application again soon and hope that it will provide me with many other tools to connect to the world of services.

The best experience I had with the application was when they tried to rob me through a service application and it was Venmo customer service that solved my case even if they had nothing to do with it.

That it still cannot be used in countries other than the United States, because if it were to reach Latin American countries it would be a greater success than it already is, because it would allow transfers to be made internationally without so many complications.

Lena
Owner in VS
Diergeneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Venmo for business is a must

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I think Venmo is a great option for businesses to accept payments. It has trust, security, and financial stability, so I don’t have to worry about mine or my customers information being stolen or my money being lost. I like that I am able to use across everything I need, from mobile payments to pos. It is so easy to use and I can track all of my sales and history easily.

I like the many payment options, the ease of use, and the trust I have for the company.

There are some features that should be more customizable, and the fees could be a bit more competitive.

Nadia
Entrepreneur in Zwitserland
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A great way to divide costs, reimburse individuals and get paid!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Venmo has allowed me to quickly and easily pay and receive funds. It's a useful tool to have among other payment options, and I find it useful to just let some money accrue in Venmo from payments so I can easily pay others, without having to transfer from my bank account. Venmo has saved me time, fees from transferring and complexity in issuing some payments.

It's an easy way to directly send money to someone. With a few clicks you can send money to a contact or likewise, easily receive money. You can indicate what the payment is for, and the money accumulates in your Venmo account. You can easily transfer it to your bank account, as well. It's a great way to pay on the go, in a simple way, without having to enter or know your payee's bank account information, address or anything else!

You can only pay someone who has a Venmo account, so this is a small restriction that might not make it the default option for everyone. It's also quite informal, so it might not be the best way to receive or send money to clients or professional contacts.

Associate Director in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

So easy and many friends, family and colleagues use this!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Love venmo! Literally use it with all my friends, family, colleagues, and businesses that accept payment via venmo. I rarely find someone who doesn't have this. It seems to be continously growing and asked of when coordinating payment of something. Highly recommend this software!

Takes a few simple steps to set up and start your account/link to your bank. So many people use this app that i rarely find someone who doesn't have it. Makes going out and splitting the bill with friends so much easier - to paying your babysitter, hairdresser, or the person who grabbed coffee for you, and so much more in a matter of seconds. People can also charge you or you can charge others when they owe you to help remind them and stay organized. Besides using the app, they push notifications to you every time someone pays or charges you, as well as when you make payment to someone. They will even send you an email to help stay on top of things.

Only down side to this working in fundraising and as someone who makes philanthropic donations, many people want to donate through venmo but the platform isn't currently set up for this capability. I believe they are in a pilot mode for this capability but doesn't feel like they are moving fast enough on it and once it does go live, will it be easy to implement? Larger organizations have trouble with this, while i see smaller, less complex organizations being able to implement well. Huge potential though for this software!

Elena
Officer in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Fast. Safe. Confident - guaranteed.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Being a non-profit organization, Border Town Betties Pinup Social Club was - just like many other similar organizations - hit hardly by covid restrictions and cancellation. Naturally, we've transferred most of our activities and events online. Those of course included raffles, online auctions, donations and also funds from our charity sales. Venmo helped us successfully provide our supporters a convenient, easy and (what's the most important at the times of pandemics) safe and totally contactless way to pay for merchandise or donate to support a charity cause. We have an absolutely solid peace of mind, knowing that we can always rely on Venmo customer support when it comes to keeping track of all transactions, keeping our customers data safe and answering really fast to whatever concerns might appear. I personally think Venmo is a really useful innovation which improves lives of small business owners and saves them tons of time and nerves.

I like how easy Venmo is to operate and use, how much the developers put into users' sensitive data safety, fraud protection and guaranteed timely and prompt transactions. It's easy to use and fairly priced, perfect for a small business in our trying times.

I would like to see a credit line or other similar products available from Venmo. I would also like to have an opportunity of shared savings account and other banking products from this company.

Daniel
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

The Best Peer to Peer Money Transferring App!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Venmo makes small money transactions much faster and easier than with any app before. I've used it almost daily, and I can't say I've run into any issues or long wait times. I can't even rate their customer service, because I've never had an error or a transaction mistake in the entire 4-5 years I've used it. From paying rent to splitting the dinner bill with friends, this app makes money transactions easier than ever.

Venmo is quick, easy, and accessible. Users can very quickly set up an account, connect their card or bank information, and start sending money to friends and family! The app is very fast, without requiring too many clicks or menu navigation to quickly send or receive money. It can also transfer to your bank account in just a few days for free, or it can be expedited for a small fee.

There really aren't many cons with Venmo. I would say one concern that users may want to look into is that if they use a credit card instead of bank information as their primary source of money, the app will charge extra fees. This is a minor complaint, but I've known a few users who had been unaware of this and were paying a fee for each transaction.

Phoebe
Tutor/Researcher in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Safe Way to Send Money

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: With Venmo, I am able to easily transfer and receive money from people. I have never had any problems with Venmo which makes my experience very positive. I am happy to recommend Venmo to my friends especially since they are in college where it is very useful in selling textbooks and receiving monthly bills from housemates!

I love the ability to send money and personalize the memos that go with it. It is much more personal, fun, interactive, and user friendly compared to PayPal. There is also the ability to transfer money into your account quickly if you need the funds for a very low cost. The interface is easy to use and understand for everyone who is of the eligible age to use Venmo. You can transfer money for whatever reason! I personally use it for bills and even research incentives for research participants.

I love everything about Venmo. I find it easy to use and I have no problems with using it. Some people may find the verification process annoying however, it is a way to make sure your bank account and personal information is not being breached.

Owner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Venmo

5,0 vorig jaar

I like Venmo because it is real time payments for businesses and most customers already use it for personal reasons. It is a PayPal product so it is trusted.

You cannot add money from a bank account directly like you can cash app. If they did I would use them regularly as personal and business.

CLARK
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy Money Transfer

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Venmo has been a great tool for my family to easily send money to each other, especially in a day and age where hardly anyone carries cash.

Venmo makes it extremely easy to send someone money instantly. I use it to pay my niece to cut my hair. My sister-in-law uses it to pay me for mowing their lawn. I can easily send or collect money from my siblings who live all across the country. I have also used it to collect donations from coworkers to buy flowers for a funeral. Depositing the money in your bank account is fast and easy too.

Once you send the money, you can't get it back or dispute the transaction. Venmo says it is for friends and family only and should not be used with strangers. You can request money, but people don't have to pay back. Many people use Venmo on virtual yard sales, but it is a risk to take because Venmo won't investigate fraud. One of my biggest complaints about Venmo is that a bank account can only be linked to one user. So my wife can only access our joint bank account. If someone sends me money, I have to send it to my wife first before we can deposit the money.

Amanda
Business Owner in VS
Cosmetica, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good for business owners!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I was always worried about not receiving payments for weeks using other platforms. As a business owner, it helps to access my money quickly after I've been paid, instead of having to wait weeks.

I love how easily I'm able to get paid through Venmo and that transfers to my external bank account usually take less time that the amount of days that Venmo tells me it will take. I love that it's a platform where people can pay me back and purchase my products straight through Venmo

I once had an issue with a recurring payment through Venmo that was cancelled, but the billing went through. When I contacted customer service about the problem, it was not a quick fix and I never did get my money back because of the stated time needed to fully cancel the automatic payment.

Stephanie
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Venmo customer review

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Venmo has been amazing. Now that I am so familiar with this app I can have my customers pay me that way with no extra charges or hidden fees - which in return have boosted my sales in my business. I have also recently had to deal with customer service due to charges on my Venmo card that were not me, and customer service was so amazing to work with. They figured out the problem, and had my money back in just a few days. Loved dealing with such helpful people who truly cared about my problem.

I love Venmo for many reasons, but one of my favorites is that they offer a debit card to use for your Venmo account. It is so nice being able to use money I have in my Venmo out at a store, on top of shopping online. The reload feature makes it even easier to use my card out at stores even if I dont have enough in my actual Venmo account it will then take from my bank account, but the fact that I can turn relaods off at any time I want makes this app perfection for me!

I honestly dont have any complaints at all about this software at this time - BEFORE I got my Venmo debit card my only complaint was that some stores online dont offer paying with Venmo, but now that i have the card the stores that dont specifically list "Venmo" as a payment method I just put my card number in. So, easy fix.

Cicily
Marketing Director in VS
Kleding en mode, 11-50 werknemers

Venmo Review

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I love that it is really simple to use from offering the expense of a dinner to a companion to paying for products bought from a companion or merchant. No expenses, not all that much or obscure.

Speedy, helpful installments Allowed to send cash from a financial balance or charge card Low charge for Mastercard installments Can pay for buys at select organizations Offers a check card and a Mastercard Adds a social component to sending and getting cash

At present, Venmo is just accessible in the United States. Along these lines, don't anticipate utilizing it on any of your impending worldwide voyages. It depends on an informal community of known companions and individuals in close geographic nearness to convey advanced installments. What's another impediment you really want to know about with the application? It's just accessible for individual use when connected to a Visa or ledger. Along these lines, even those organizations that pay an expense to acknowledge it can't straightforwardly utilize it. The organization likewise puts a cap on client exchanges of $4,999.99 each week. This breaking point is applied on a moving premise. The equivalent goes for getting reserves. At the end of the day, on the off chance that you really want to send a huge amount of cash, look somewhere else. Or on the other hand separate enormous exchanges into more modest aggregates paid more than a little while. At long last, pundits have raised worries with Venmo's present security conventions. They stay wary with regards to the portable application's capacity to secure individuals' accounts. All things considered, the organization has questioned these reactions various occasions by stressing security settings.

Thandile
Freelancer in Zuid-Afrika
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A better alternative to Paypal!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Venmo all an opportunity to pay loved ones. It's particularly valuable for parting bills. I additionally use Venmo for merchandise and ventures like with my stylist and back rub specialist! It's so quick and simple to send cash by means of the application. You don't have to get your wallet. out.

This is presumably the least demanding and most easy to use cash moving application that I have utilized. Venmo charges the client a tiny rate to do a moment move and there are no expenses to do an exchange that takes 1-3 business days. On the off chance that you are out for beverages and choose to put the bill on one individual's card, you can undoubtedly send them cash to cover your part and they'll have it before the check even comes. On the off chance that you need your cash moved to your bank promptly, you can include it inside under 3 minutes. Another ace is that almost everybody has it on their telephones nowadays and that keeps things basic.

There truly aren't numerous cons with Venmo. I would say one worry that clients might need to investigate is that on the off chance that they utilize a Mastercard rather than bank data as their essential wellspring of cash, the application will charge additional expenses. This is a minor grumbling, however I've known a couple of clients who had been unconscious of this and were paying an expense for every exchange.

kawal
kawal
administrator in VS
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Venmo user genuine review for the product

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Venmo solves many business problems such as sending money becomes very easy using this product. Anyone within usa can transfer the money without any issue. Also, the money is very secure which using this software as it is very trusted software. There are certain benefits which I have realized such as people can split bills such as dinner bill, tickets money and also the rent which is used to pay monthly. This benefits quite help people because they can use this application not only for money transfer, but also for splitting bills among each of them. Another benefit is that the transactions happen very quickly and its is quite stable.

There are many features which are most impactful such as easy way to transfer money to people and security of the software. By using venmo, anyone can send the money around united states of America to any other person by using this product. Moreover, sender who is using the application to send the money with security and this is the best part of using the product because your money is safe while it is being transferred. In addition to this, the integration of this software is very easy with our existing business processes as you can easily install it in your cell phone and integrate with the systems.

There are certain features which I feel are missing such as people can only money to the person who is currently living in Unites states as you cannot send the money who is outside usa. Furthermore, there can be some things which could be improved such as very quick transfer of money and get notified faster than any other app in the market. There are no aspects of the product which are difficult to use. The software can be easily used by someone who has basic knowledge of using a phone. In addition to this, the integration is not difficult with our existing business processes. It is very easy to integrate this application.

Ronnie
CEO in VS
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 11-50 werknemers

A Welcome Addition to our Payment Processinf

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Our payment processing philosophy has shifted in the last several to transition from accepting cards using an on-site card reader, cash, or checks, to nearly a dozen different options. Because of the prevalence of mobile payment options that exist, we have attempted to accept payments in as many forms as possible, with Venmo being a major addition in this philosophy shift. Making a payment is now much more effortless for our clients, who can use an app they are already familiar with to quickly transfer money in a manner of seconds. Because it takes so few steps to complete transaction, we are seeing significant decreases in the amount of time between bills being sent out and money being received. For donations, Venmo has been a tremendous asset to us. Spur of the moment gifts at offsite events have greatly increased because donors can quickly send donations without having to provide any financial information to us. The ease of use and the security Venmo affords our clients means we not only get paid quicker, but we also receive more funds overall.

Venmo's popularity with the population we serve due to its top-notch peer-to-peer payment functions has led to an increase in payments received, providing us both with more revenue as well as more timely payments. We have transitioned from accepting the majority of our payments via check to receiving nearly 80% of our payments through onsite card transactions and virtual payments. Being able to accept payments via Venmo makes the billing process convenient for clients who might delay paying due to the multitude of steps involved in writing and mailing a check. Most importantly, the transaction process is so quick and seamless for the client that a 30 second phone call can easily result in a bill being paid that might otherwise take weeks to collect.

Venmo provides an instant deposit feature that costs 1.5% to transfer money into our general funds, while a 2-3 day transfer is free. This gives us a financial incentive to avoid the instant transfer, but it also results in funds being inaccessible for several days.

Jared
Student in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

Venmo User Review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Venmo has made using multiple credit cards for a purchase obsolete. It has also allowed traditionally cash only transactions to be completed digitally. This app has reduced the need for me to carry cash.

Convenience is the best thing about venmo, almost all of my friends have the app and it makes sending money quick and easy. You can quickly transfer your venmo balance into your bank account which enables me to split bills with friends when doing a group activity or are out to dinner.

The worst part about venmo is that once a payment has been sent, the payment is final. Venmo has built in some features to prevent users from paying the wrong person, but it still leaves this payment system open to fraud. Someone can promise to do something for a venmo payment and not provide the goods/services, but still keep the payment as venmo will not help the sender recover the funds.