Adobe Captivate reviews

Over Adobe Captivate

Meer dan 80% van de Fortune 500-bedrijven gebruiken Adobe Captivate als hun vertrouwde e-learning-tool.

Meer informatie over Adobe Captivate

It integrated easily with other Adobe audio products for enhanced audio editing. Captivate does include limited audio editing tools, just enough to be handy.

Beoordelingen van Adobe Captivate

3,9
4,0
Waar voor je geld
4,0

Adobe Captivate heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 187 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Adobe Captivate eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (187)

Mark
Executive Director
Management non-profit organisaties, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Super Quick for 1st time SCORM Course Authoring

4,0 6 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Paul
Paul
eLearning Designer and Developer in Canada
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Adobe Captivate is the Cornerstone of My eLearning Business

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I started using Adobe Captivate with version 2. It was okay but obviously there was room for it to improve. At the time of writing this review, Captivate is on version 11 and it has matured into a robust solution. I will continue to use it for all my professional eLearning work for as long as they continue to make it available.

I have been using Adobe Captivate since the mid-2000s. Each release has brought new and innovative features that allow me to continue to impress my clients. Features like virtual reality and interactive video make Adobe Captivate the industry leader in eLearning Authoring tools

A complicated piece of software means that the learning curve is steep but the reward is that in return it does so much.

Josh
Josh
Senior Education Manager of Online Learning in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

A powerful player in the e-learning arena

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: While I am just jumping into the platform as my current job requires it over other software platforms, I am impressed. Having used the entire Adobe CC and other e-learning software, this platform is not difficult to transition into.

Having used many products for developing e-learning, Captivate is among the top-tier development programs but has a high cost to entry. The platform is powerful and has a lot of nuances that allow for digging deep into options for developing truly custom courses and user experiences.

While you can dig deeply into advanced interactions, data reporting, etc, the learning curve is immense to begin to understand elements such as advanced actions, keywords, etc. Variables become buried and are not as easy to manipulate as in Articulate Storyline, but they are buried for very good reason in that you can actually do more in Captivate than with its rival program with such features. If I am to further nitpick, I am not excited by the filmstrip display for slide storyline. This is a feature I love in Articulate's e-learning in that non-linear branching is highly encouraged whereas the linear filmstrip does little to entice users to develop complex learning opportunities, reinforcing the linear death by slides commonly seen in virtual learning.

Craig
Organizational Development & Effectiveness Business Partner in VS
Verzekeringen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Adobe Captivate not the choice for me

3,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I understand this is a great tool but the price, large time investment required to be proficient, unintuitive navigation, and high bandwidth it takes up made the product not worth it.

Even though I didn’t have a great experience with this product, I recognize you can create really awesome courses, elearnings, microlearnings, etc.

My issues with Adobe Captivate can be boiled down to three things:1. Despite the interface looking familiar, I found it very difficult to navigate and perform basic functions.2. At the time I was using a virtual desktop to work and found this software put a great strain on my computer…so much so that everything moved at a snails pace.3. I acknowledge that, with time and effort, I could have learned to be proficient with Adobe Captivate. But that time investment, for the high the price, wasn’t feasible (especially considering if we chose this software, we’d have to teach others to use it as well).

Rollan
Rollan
Training Director in Filipijnen
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Using Adobe Captive for delivering interactive E-learning content

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Offers a way to use your old powerpoint presentations and convert them into interactive modules and upload it into your LMS of choice. Lots of assets available and other features such as screen capture and 360 simulations

The price is a big factor, it is a bit expensive. Not much updates since 2019.

Ezzy
Sr Instructional Designer in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

Adobe Captivate - What you'd expect from an Adobe product

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've authored over 300 courses with Adobe Captivate in the last 6 years and overall, I'm very satisfied with the product. For all its faults, it's really forced me outside my box and helped me learn a lot about instructional design.

Adobe Captivate allows you to author amazing and beautiful coursework if you don't mind spending a little extra time to learn some coding. The product is fairly intuitive and it has a lot of capabilities. It's a very deep and robust product.

To really get the best out of Captivate, you do need to spend quite a lot of time learning about creating variables, some beginner coding, and occasionally some javascript. You can make the program do whatever you want, but it takes a lot of patience and, sometimes, some wonky workarounds.

Assistant Manager in India
Verzekeringen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Terrific training tool

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using this I have been able to set up tests and quiz for our training sessions. Its also let me create video presentations which automates some of our new hire training. You have to put in some time and learn it to get the most out of it but once you do that, its very powerful.

It is very robust and has a ton of features. You can create some really impressive training modules with this. We have been using this for a little while now to train our new hires on policies and process. I really like that once you get the hang of this, you can create very professional looking training material with it. It lets you embed videos, images and docs into your module pretty seamlessly. You can include your branding (which was a big deal for us) and colors. You can even include your Voice over if you want to. Using this I have created Quiz, Presentations and video guides. And they all looked fantastic.

Like a lot of other Adobe softwares (at least in my experience) it can be a little daunting to get started with. There is a lot you can do with it but you have to invest some time to get the most out of it. I really wish Adobe would figure out how to simplify the usage and work flow for newcomers.

Marketing Director/Software Trainer in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Overwogen alternatieven:

Captivate & the ease of convertability

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It gives you the ability to create in so many ways & to help make video & online training more streamlined, with the added feedback from an LMS to get good feedback on how end users are absorbing the triining

I truly enjoy the ability to convert old PowerPoint training decks into exciting & yes to coin a phrase, "Captivating" training for our employees & management.

The cost for our small company is a little high & there is no special pricing for Teachers or Students. It would be great id Adobe would let you replace some of the Adobe Cloud products with Captivate as part of the overall package even if it were for a little more per month.

Larry
Purchaser in Canada
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Facilitate Development of Training Syllabus

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Captivate has taken the hard work out of creating professional learning tools with the ability to create testing without having to program.

ease of use; HTML5 exposes many options for authoring

Cost. I don't like the monthly subscription service.

Mark
Executive Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Super Quick for 1st time SCORM Course Authoring

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I needed to create a SCORM course under a tight timeline as a beginner, and Captivate did everything I needed, very quickly. I was also reached out to DIRECTLY by a customer service member via email asking if I needed help. I did not need, help, but it was nice to know that the service was available.

I really liked how easy Captivate was to learn and use in just a few hours. I do video production work, and needed to take a 3-hour long video curriculum, and adapt it into SCORM formatting for a client's educational project. I had never done a SCORM course before, but was able to with ease on the Captivate platform.

It did crash a few times when overloaded with large video files, however was rebooted and back up and working quickly. I also just wish it was included in my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. However, the price point was still great.

Neil
Neil
AVP - Marketing in India
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Mother of all eLearning systems

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Adobe Captivate is probably the best eLearning system in the market however it comes with a cost.

Adobe Captivate is extremely intuitive. Captivate offers plug-and-play for slides which is a time saver. The other thing that I used a lot was to convert existing PowerPoint content to interactive videos.

Adobe Captivate is one of the most expensive eLearning systems. The UI seems a bit dated and requires more features and a bit of redesign.

Michelle
Global Learning Content Developer in VS
Verzekeringen, 10.000+ werknemers

Excellent tool for measuring learners!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is the current default learning software for our company. It allows us to deploy learning for graded content, KC questions, videos, slides with on screen text to teach a topic, etc. There is always a new trick or tool we can add to our style of learning and there are several tutorial videos to assist with new features. Also, when Flash was no longer supported in browsers, Captivate made it easy to identify parts of the module where a feature might be affected.

Enjoy the ability to easily duplicate slides, set up multiple master slides for easy formatting content, make small audio edits in a file and preview/play the on screen animations/timing. Also, so many features for reporting and advanced actions to set up specific scenarios based on the desired result.

Vectors were a nice touch to easily add to slides. However, the vector images "flash" often when published and are very difficult to locate based on their current naming convention. Also, I would like the option to easily change a slide from a Knowledge Check question to/from a Graded Quiz question.

Cheikh
Adobe Captivâtes revieuw in Senegal
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A formidable force in the e-learning sphere

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Adobe Captivate saves me a lot of time with my clients

While I am new to the platform, I am impressed. My current work demands me to use it over all other operating systems. Having used the entirety of Adobe Creative Cloud and other e-learning products, the switch to this platform is seamless.  Captivate is one of the top-tier development packages, although it has a high entry cost. The platform is robust and rich in nuances, allowing for extensive exploration of alternatives for designing completely customized courses and user interfaces.

While you may delve extensively into extended interactions, data reporting, and so on, the learning curve for knowing advanced actions, keywords, and so on is enormous. Variables get buried and are not as easy to manipulate as they are in Articulate Replay, but they are buried for a reason: you can really accomplish more with Captivate than you can with its rival application with similar features. To continue nitpicking, I'm not a fan of the filmstrip display used to illustrate the slide tale. This is a feature I admire in Articulate's e-learning since it strongly encourages non-linear branching, while the linear movie clip does little to inspire users to create complex learning opportunities, perpetuating the linear death by slides prevalent in virtual learning.

Nichole
Senior Financial Planner in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Captivate your Learners with Captivate

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There is a reason that Adobe Captivate is a leading, if not the leading, software for designing SCORM compliant software. It's been incredibly easy to use, the outcome is professional looking, and intuitive for both the designer as well as the user. I would recommend this for an educational institution or corporation looking to engage their employees in personal development. This is a great forum to disseminate information, policies, etc.

I love Captivate! It's so easy to use and the outcome is extremely professional! Not only do they have a plethora of options to vary the presentation and assessment tools to employ different learning modalities for students, but educators and trainers can easily design courses without a ton of experience. The products are also easy for learners (students, corporate employees, really anyone interested in gaining knowledge) to navigate, complete courses, and assess their progress. Captivate is also SCORM compliant which is typically a standard requirement for learning objects within educational institutions.

The price point can be a little shocking unless you're in education. Educational prices are around $399, normal pricing is 3 times that amount. However, despite the steep price point, all of the features, benefits and support are well worth it!

Technical Support Specialist in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Great tool for creating training slides

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I thoroughly enjoy using Adobe Captivate. Some companies designate employees to solely focus on Captivate and it's uses within their workforce. I believe that is an appropriate action as there is so much that in can be used for and it's a worthwhile investment.

I loved how you can create panels and embed videos within those panels for training purposes. Captivate can be used in meetings as presentation slides as well even though other programs may be better for that purpose.

What I like least is kind of a strength of the software. It is so robust that training on how to use the software is necessary. You can jump right in without training but you can miss a lot of the perks that Captivate offers.

Zacchaeus
Zacchaeus
Exhibit Technician II in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Adobe Captivate - E-Learning Software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use it to identify certain species of animals for the guests to our facility. They utilize the program through touch screen displays. I am very please with it's usability straight out of the box. I was able to seamlessly edit and manipulate slides and information.

I like how intuitive the user interface is. I was able to easily navigate through options and controls. There is a already a large library of assets to implement into projects. I was able to jump right in, make a template and move slides around at whim with minimal difficulty.

I didn't like that I could not get a subscription for it for more than 12 months. Otherwise, personally, I was impressed with the product. My supervisor tried to use this software and he had trouble with the PhoneGap and GitHub part of the rendering process. So for people less familiar with how mobile applications are created, there may be a steep learning curve.

Team Manager in El Salvador
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Incredible E-Learning tool!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I loved receiving the training created in Adobe Captivate. It is a great web-based training tool.

I have received training that has been created with Adobe Captivate and I can say it was great. It helped us stay focused and engaged with the whole learning experience. I couldn't believe this training was created locally and it was so successful that the training was launched globally.

After received training, I requested to receive training for the creation of training material for my team. This is not your average tool, you need a lot of time to learn how to create engaging interactions. I wish there was an easier version for faster creation of the material.

Project Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Efficient training tool

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall love this tool I was able to publish projects quickly

I was able to create engaging e learning modules quickly. Easy to use from the beginning and many options to publish.

The learning curve was small and I was able to get going quickly. Sometimes larger files have trouble publishing.

Michelle
Business Manager in VS
Machine- en installatiebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Perfect for any size business

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Used over and over again, never had any issues

Works with all programs I have used and perfect for any size business

The cost gets a little pricey when you have a fairly large company

Cyndi
E-Learning Developer/Trainer in VS
Verzekeringen, 10.000+ werknemers

E-Learning Developers dream!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When I want to create a more interactive E-Learning course, I turn to Captivate over other similar software like Lectora.

Captivate's features go above and beyond other software out there for E-Learning development. In today's world, most people we come across seem to adapt better to hands on learning. Captivate allows you to create interactive and intuitive learning.

I have not found anything that I really don't like about the software. Creating some of the interactive experiences can be tedious at times, but that's to be expected with similar software of its kind.

Accounting assistant in Canada
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers

Pdf reader

5,0 3 jaar geleden

This has been of a great help to me in reading and editing out pdf documents.

It doesnt really have any drawbacks. I an satisfied using this software.

Senior eLearning Developer in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Use Often

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The perfect and most powerful course authoring tool.

So many features such as responsive design, screen recording and script writing.

I feel overwhelmed at times to keep up with latest editions.

Ronaldo
Ronaldo
teacher in Brazilië
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

Perceptions about Captivate

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it to develop different materials for online and offline courses.

It has a variety of features very interesting for the area of courses and training, with the possibility of customization and programming.

It is very expensive in Brazil. The design power associated with Adobe products does not emerge with the product.

Natalie
Natalie
Manager of Content and Online Services in VS
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

LMS Course Creation

4,0 4 jaar geleden

This software gives a variety of options when creating online learning courses, ranging from interactive courses that engage the user and keep their attention to more traditional courses where the user reads page-by-page. Lots of options to customize courses depending on the company and the function the course will serve.

Interactivity can sometimes be complicated to add to course material. With practice, it does become easier.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Educational Technology Consultant in VS
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

What you expect from Adobe

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This can be used in any enterprise environment and can breathe new life into professional development if you have yet to go digital or you have been using a less flexible and robust program. The VR ability is a standout feature if a company can capitalize on this feature. I would recommend give Adobe Captivate a test drive if you are looking a platform to design e-learning.

-Busting with features all in one place -VR support- this is a growing and untapped area; if you have an interest in VR Education then, you should try Captivate -Easy to learn and use

There is a learning curve for new users- thought this is to be expected with such a robust program

Tiffani
Team lead in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Good Application

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Adobe is a good software to use. I have not had many problems more pro than con.

Adobe is easy to use. Even for a beginner I was able to navigate through the process. I am able to use it properly and make the project look very good.

One thing I dislike is that if a mistake is made like deleting it is hard to get back. It can be hard to adjust once gone to get back the same as in sizing.