Two thumbs up for Stessa: What-gets-tracked-gets-improved made easy.

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2019
Patrick P.
Controller/Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Awesome. Well worth the time inputting​ the data.

Pluspunten: Ease of use: It works the way it should.
Automation: Once set up, the transactions of the download from owner each owner portal (when you own several properties), and bank accounts. User experience is similar to mint.com.
Visibility: it creates a consolidated dashboard for the portfolio, and derivative clean graphs, giving perspective and showing trends.
Amazing Customer support: hats-off to the reps, who have answered 10+ "hard questions". I only ask "hard questions" since the FAQ is also excellent.
- Insightful newsletter.

Minpunten: No Cons per se. Just two humble recommendations.
Users of Stessa would benefit tremendously if it:
- it offered a function for marketing the property (i.e. find tenants or buyers). Stessa being a repository of information (location, yr built, sq footage, pictures), a few clicks should allow spreading​ the good news throughout the specialized sites (Craigslist Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, local websites...)
- kept historical records of the tenant roll. Currently, it only offers a picture at the present time.

Really helpful for portfolio analysis and organization

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2019
Daniel G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This has helped me categorize and organize without me having to "reinvent the wheel" trying to set up a spreadsheet in line with the tax code.

Pluspunten: This software takes all the input and then collates it and calculates it giving you an analysis of individual properties as well as the portfolio in general. It helps me as a newer investor to categorize my transactions which I suspect will be very helpful when it comes to tax season. I like the mileage tab as well as I was bad about recording my mileage and this tab serves as a reminder for me. I'm very excited to see how helpful and effective the software is when it comes to tax time!

Minpunten: So far I have no complaints at all about this software.

Just what the doctor ordered. No-one is doing this!

Beoordeeld op 18-4-2019
Kendrick F.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Stessa has been great. There is nothing like this anywhere that focuses on Real Estate Investors. This is definitely an untouched niche. I have already shared with my real estate investor associates.

Pluspunten: 1. Having everything update directly from the source saves me alot of time. I previously spent countless hours updating spreadsheets. Now I have time to drill down on property managers, analyze expenses and make decisions.
2. Can provide key performance indicators used to provide a high-level overview of the state of the business

Minpunten: 1. Investors are not starting from scratch. Need a way to input previous year's earnings.
2. This is more gear to cash-flow. Would like to show the effects of flippers.

Property Management Software

Beoordeeld op 19-3-2019
William P.
Member
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Holistic view of the property valuation and cash flow. Tracking expenses and providing required profit and loss for accounting.

Pluspunten: Quick and ease setup. Interface is designed for property managers - provides accounting and bookkeeping using the terms familiar to property managers and owners. Easy to track the expenses and capture everything for expense allocation and audits.

Minpunten: A few additional features requested:
- historical view of the property instead of just point in time - enable leveraging for audits if needed
- enable capturing receipt before the transaction comes through the CC to Stessa - store the image until matching available
- integration w/ OWA from RentManager

Great service that continues to improve

Beoordeeld op 28-1-2019
Nicholas G.
Ecommerce Sales Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Fantastic! They have been responsive and very helpful with every question I've had. Highly recommend to everyone!

Pluspunten: Easily track and update my rental portfolio. They help me track expenses and made tax time a breeze

Minpunten: New product that is still missing some features. Have to jump through some hoops to account for sold properties.

Infinite ROI

Beoordeeld op 9-5-2019
Michael B.
NA
Biotechnologie, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Eliminates the need for having a checking account for each investment

Pluspunten: Fantastically organizes and maintains the ledgers on each of your RE investments. It's Quicken for real estate investors. Eliminates the need for having a checking account for each investment. At tax time, Stessa provides invaluable year-end reports. The ideal location to store relevant lease information - including a digital copy of the lease, move-in/out date, name of tenant, rent, market rent, etc...AND it's free!

Minpunten: Would like the ability to link outside banking accounts to get a better estimate of net worth. There's really nothing about the software that I dislike

Stellar Platform with Amazing Customer Service and Great Regular Content

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2019
Nicole G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Phenomenal. I've working in management consulting implementing technology systems for years and know what a pain it can be to transition data to a new system - and this experience has been nothing short of awesome. I am thrilled not to be using my Excel pivot table reports or having to manipulate Xero, Wave, QBO, Netsuite, etc. to fit my needs as a real estate investor. Really, incredible strategic move on Stessa's part and we are thrilled end-users.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, integration with current banking systems, and focus on real estate investors. I was planning to drastically manipulate Quickbooks to make it work like Stessa - Stessa basically eliminated all of that work AND has a gorgeous user interface compared to QBO or my rigid Excel sheets!

Minpunten: Some features are still in the works (e.g. they just implemented new functionality to demonstrate sale proceeds from a flip, and are working to integrate to reporting) - but that's it. Really, it is INCREDIBLY simple to use, and any time I've had a question I've gotten a detailed answer within 24 hours.

Hallelujah for simplicity! Thank the Lord for value!

Beoordeeld op 15-3-2019
Midwest Territory Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There are two great things about this software. It's simplicity and it's value. I am able to track the financial aspect of real estate investments without getting bogged down in hard to comprehend financial language. I was able to dive right in and get started with needing training or assistance. The value could not get any better as it is FREE for individual investors such as myself. This software is perfect for folks who are investing on the side and trying to grow a real estate rental portfolio. You can keep it simple with one property or take advantage of the room to grow the platform naturally provides.

Pluspunten: Stessa is easy to use and keeps things simple and straightforward. I like how I am able to quickly add transactions with the terms "Money In and "Money out". The Reporting function allows me to quickly get a snapshot as to whether or not my property is making money. Plus, it's easy to print those reports and hand them over to your CPA at tax time. I only manage one property right now, but it looks like I will be easily able to expand and add more properties over time. How great to be able to track them all in one place! Getting snapshot views of properties individually or as the entire portfolio is pretty darn great.

Minpunten: I manage a rental condo and I would love it if there were a transaction signifier for HOA fees.

Best rental management program I’ve found

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2019
Gwynne W.
Stay at home mom and rental property owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have looked for over 10 years for a program that would work for my husband and I to manage our own rental properties. We now own 15 long term and short term rentals and as much as I wanted to replace our customized excel spreadsheet, it still worked best for our needs after trying other programs specifically for investment properties or general accounting. I always gave up because it just didn’t quite work well enough. Stessa has been the only program that I have found that is easy, seamless and still tailored to every property we own. I can finally get rid of the old spreadsheet. I can’t wait for tax season next year where I have a full year of management with Stessa. It has made attaching receipts, invoices and cash flow so easy. I am so thankful and excited to have stumbled across this program. It works.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, categories, seamless and it just works effortlessly

Minpunten: At the moment any slight potential tweak I find it seems the staff quickly tries to resolve and fix so that it works even better

Amazing Tracking and Reporting

Beoordeeld op 1-3-2019
John S.
Sales Area Manager
Machinebouw, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I just started using it today so I haven't yet reaped the full rewards.

Pluspunten: What I like most is the ability to track everything in a neat and professional looking software that automatically creates reports and tax prep documents. I had been keeping all of my records in a spreadsheet which made it very manual. This software has a lot of automated features that save a lot of time.

Minpunten: It makes me a little bit nervous connecting my financial institutions to the website in light of all the hacking going on these days. However, it's what allows a lot of the automation and I'm putting my trust in Stessa to keep myinformation safe.

Great looking tool

Beoordeeld op 2-6-2019
Jason C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm pretty satisfied with it. How can you complain about something with no cost to it?

Pluspunten: It's pretty simple to use. If you can't see what to do, there isn't much to search around for to figure it out.

Minpunten: The upload CSV feature doesn't make any sense. It needs more columns, that way I don't have to go and massage every upload to get the item into its proper subcategory. Interestingly though when you download the CSV, all the columns are there.

Best income property software on the market!

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2019
Heather O.
Managing Broker
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I submitted the 2018 reports to our accountant and he loved them. So much easier than the Excel spreadsheet and shoebox of receipts!

Pluspunten: This software is easy to use and comprehensively tracks everything related to our rental properties. I especially love that each property is tracked separately and together in various reports.

Minpunten: It would be nice if a Rent Roll report was available, by property and by portfolio.

Now and invaluable tool for my real estate investing business

Beoordeeld op 20-5-2019
Glenn C.
Real Estate Investor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: First of all, it's free to use, and by inputting all your property data it gives you a number of different metrics and can sync transactions with your back account. I can also invite other investors and partners to view certain properties, which makes my reporting requirements a lot more seamless.

Minpunten: Only con for me is that I can't get the mobile app in Canada.

Very nice platform

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2019
David K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Really like it. I had built my own excel sheets but this combines all properties together which is really nice for broad view of my portfolio.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. I was able to link my bank accounts and it sends all the transactions through which I can then categorize. Also nice that they have a phone app so I can quickly categorize items on the go. They are also very responsive with any questions and helped me retroactively add my own excel sheets to capture the full year

Minpunten: There is a little bit of front end work but that’s going to be the case no matter what... I would like to program certain monthly items to auto categorize which I think is an option but have not looked into as of yet.

Making life easier

Beoordeeld op 10-6-2019
Roger T.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Stessa has made the monitoring and managing of my multi-family rentals very easy. It gives you a nice snapshot of your properties performance at any time.

Pluspunten: The software allows me to easily manage my multi-family rentals. Transactions can be automated and or easily entered manually.

Minpunten: I do not have any cons at the moment with this software.

Huge TIMESAVER!!

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2019
Deanna H.
Property Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Positive, I have already recommended it to my colleagues. Customer Service getting back to me so quick. So I didn’t get overly frustrated and give up.

Pluspunten: The customer service! Devin always got back to me within 24 hours. Great n very patient w all my questions. Didn’t make me feel dumb. Taxes will be much easier this year. You’ve given my accountant hope and his sanity back, lol. Love the reports the app gives you from transactions info!!

Minpunten: Wish the transactions could show on my laptop. It would be much easier for setting up reports. With my vision getting worse as I get older, it’s hard to read the numbers. I have to enlarge the numbers to read it. A lot of scrolling.

Excellent Product and Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2019
Jeffery S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This free software from Stessa works wonderfully for tracking expenses. When I had an issue, it was resolved immediately so customer service is top notch as well. Will definitely recommend Stessa to other investors.

Minpunten: There is no app for Stessa which makes it difficult to manage on the go.

Great solution to start with, added benefits keep growing

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2019
Michael S.
Chief Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Enables a snapshot view of the performance of my company that I didn't have in one place. Free solution and it's getting better every week.

Pluspunten: It allowed me to get out of Excel manual entries for multiple properties for transaction reporting. The dashboards and added functionality such as better reporting, blogs, and downloads are a great plus. Owners respond directly to your questions. Great work!

Minpunten: I joined 2H of last year and the backlogged entries only went back a couple weeks (at the time). I had to manually enter all 1H transactions, which wasn't too bad. If I started near the beginning of the year it wouldn't have been an issue.

Stessa for the small business

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2019
Patrick B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The value you get out of the free version is immense. I have eliminated 4 or 5 spreadsheets with stessa. Would recommend 10/10

Minpunten: They are still working through some features that currently need a work around

Nope. Not gonna do it.

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2019
Nancy A.
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie

Opmerkingen: See above

Pluspunten: None- I never got that far. Maybe it's good, but I won't give out sensitive into to a stranger

Minpunten: As a landlord with multiple properties, I thought this might be a handy tool, so I began the sign up process. Until they asked for my banking info. What?? What do they need that for? Not happening. I'm out.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Stessa op 15-1-2019

Hi Nancy - Linking a bank account to Stessa is safe and completely optional, and this is clearly explained during the sign up process.

While secure bank connections are the most seamless way to automatically track rental property income and expenses, Stessa also allows users to create transactions manually or via data file uploads. For users who do choose to link accounts, Stessa uses technology similar to sites such as Mint and Personal Capital to link up with thousands of US based banks and credit unions.

In any event, we're sorry to hear that Stessa isn't for you and wish you luck finding an alternative that meets your needs.

So far so good!

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019
Collin S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Just like the title suggests - so far so good. The customer support has been surprisingly quick and helpful. I had a few questions about future iterations and CSR was very quick to get back to me confirming that several suggestions would be available on the next release.

Pluspunten: I am relatively new to using this tool and I appreciate the visibility that this tool offers me for my rental property(s) to look at different performance metrics. It kind of reminds me a hybrid of Mint and Personal Capital for Rental Properties. I see the potential of this tool platform and look forward to seeing where it goes!

Minpunten: I like how this tool allows for me to export different financial reports for different time periods, I just wish that it would give me all of the details of the summary data in the spreadsheet? Also, the data exported is appears to be just text data? If I want to modify any of the tables, I can't because there are no formulas?

Amazing Dashboard and Accounting Software for Investors

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2019
Scott S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Stessa is allowing me to stay on top of my rental property business by seeing the numbers in a intuitive way. It makes my life easier and also excites me to see all the properties performance.

Pluspunten: The dashboard allows me to quickly see my equity, cashflow, vacancy, debt, expenses etc for all my portfolios. Great software! I also am excited to have my accounting integrated all in one place.

Minpunten: Things that I know the Stessa developers are working on: Android App, Email Receipt functionality and other features. I think this product will just get better and better!

Great tool for anyone serious about their real estate investments

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2019
Eduardo Z.
Asset Manager
Commercieel vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great product filling the void for small yet sophisticated investors to be able to track performance. Overall I'm very glad I found this product and plan to continue using it for future investments.

Pluspunten: The interface is very easy to use and very powerful. Linking up the dedicated accounts to track expenses is a huge time saver for me. I can create professional statements and reports for my partners super easily.

Minpunten: I wish there was a more robust mobile app that was more than the expense inputs. Perhaps there will be one in the future.

Mint for Real Estate

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2019
Sean R.
Real Estate Investor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Moved from excel sheets to a completly automated tracking system online with Stessa. Basically an online accountant with minimal user input required. Ability to see problems, and access overall Real Estate Portfolio performance, as well as track expenses, taxes, and cashflow.

Pluspunten: Dashboard look and feel, incorporation of multiple online data sources, tracking for cashflow, equity, taxes, etc.

Minpunten: Some connections to small banks not available yet.

Has much potential

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018
Brittany D.
Sales
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I came across this because I am a landlord of 6 properties and thought it would be extremely helpful to keep me organized. The idea behind it is perfect. It is fairly easy to use so I can stay organized.

Minpunten: What I did not care for is the fact that there isn’t a tool bar for me to change out other properties or add more properties. There maybe a glitch in the system. Once this is fixed, I can tell you I will be using this 100% of the time to keep my income and expenses organized.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Stessa op 21-12-2018

Hi Brittany - Thanks for your comments. With Stessa's free tier, you can add an unlimited number of properties and portfolios. It's easy to do once logged in on the web platform. You just click "Properties" in the top navigation bar and then select "+ Add Property."