It’s about time somebody solved this problem for AppleTVs

Robert L.
Senior Director of Customer Experience & Success
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The digital signage experience in our gym is great. Makes us look professional.

Pluspunten: Simple, easy to use solution that works with AppleTV. Really nice graphics and nice, prepackaged templates.

Minpunten: The pricing model for a single location with a small number of AppleTV devices doesn’t make sense for a small business like we are. I would rather a single price for 1 to 5 devices within the same building. I want to be able to render a web page as one of the screens, for example our weekly class schedule which changes all the time. More dynamic content that could be fed from an API.

Exactly what we needed.

Stephen O.
Director of Communications
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our experience has been nothing but a pleasure! The Kitcast! experience is exactly as you would expect and want it to be. It is so simple to manage and pleasant​ to work in, that I didn't even bother to look at any other software company! We are an avid supporter of Kitcast! and recommend it to a lot of people with whom have the same needs as ours.

Pluspunten: The simplicity of the back end of the software is amazing! For anyone who is trying to use digital signage and manage it remotely,​ this is the solution you're looking for. Design an image, upload it and have it live within minutes. We could not ask for anything more!

Minpunten: The biggest con that is not really that big of a deal for us, is the lack of a vertical version. We are told it is under construction and we eagerly await its arrival! For now, we just design our signage vertically and miss out on all of the cool features that Kitcast! gives you like ​social media integration and more!

KitCast 2018

Tzigane W.
Desktop Support Analyst
Mediaproductie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use Kitcast at my place of employment to cast all types of media to our Apple TV's throughout the office. We have been able to eliminate the need for custom banners and backgrounds by utilizing the Product. Because of this, we have been able to cut down the time it takes to troubleshoot issues with our Apple Tv's

Pluspunten: I like how seamlessly the product works with Apple TV and how simple it is to navigate. Very straightforward installation process and very user friendly.

Minpunten: I have not run into any issues as of yet with his product.

Fantastic tool. Exactly what we needed.

Senior Design Partner
Design en ontwerp, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We run Kitcast around our design agency office to show off our team and work. Prospects in the office always comment on it, and it does its job to act as a passive marketing tool. We love it!

Pluspunten: - Multiple locations/zones
- Auto-updating when I add or update content
- Wonderful customer service
- Out-of-the-box simplicity

Minpunten: - Would love more content types
- Ability to schedule a playlist for a specific date in the future, not just day of the week

Digital Sign for Schools

Orwell K.
Teacher, Technology co-ordinator
E-learning, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been looking for a digital signage tool that I can easily manage and works simply and reliably for displaying and updating school information. I don't want to use a dedicated computer (too big and complicated setup), use remote access to a computer (too complicated). I like the online access and features in Kitcast and I like its AppleTV app which turns the AppleTV into an inexpensive appliance type device. I run Kitcast in kiosk mode. It has run with 100% uptime and no issues since installation in the summer.

Pluspunten: I like the ease of online updating and the variety of templates available. I also like that there is a separate AppleTV application that pulls information directly from the Kitcast server. This is the only way that I can reliably connect an Apple TV device to our enterprise network.

Minpunten: At this point, nothing. It is working 100% for me.

A great product that is costly

IT Project Manager
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed using the product and would recommend them to any SMB looking for an easy-to-use and visually impressive digital signage product.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, quick to deploy. You'll have digital signage on your AppleTV running in less than five minutes.

Minpunten: The cost. The high cost per device can quickly add up.

Cost

Sam E.
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Pluspunten: Ease of use

Minpunten: Cost is too high. Especially for use on additional screens. Makes it hard for a small business to justify.

Good but has some bugs

Beoordeeld op 8-4-2019
Roger F.
Executive Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall this is a cost effective way to quickly deploy and advertising solution to TVs in professional offices, churches, schools etc.

Pluspunten: The software makes distribution to TVs easy with the Apple TV app. As long as you have wifi this makes the multi-tv broadcast solution really affective. The online system allows for images, videos, and some other features that make it pretty easy to use.

Minpunten: The app is sometimes buggy. We've had a few issues where the app doesn't load or it loads up media in a strange way. The ability to share media between tvs (while also having different ad line ups) is problematic.

Great Product

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Milner K.
Admin Assistant
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have now used Kitcast for 3 months and it has worked great for getting more information out to more students, staff and parents.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and set up. Likes the options available to create different templates and to duplicate them for other playlists.

Minpunten: I would love to be able to move out dated slides to another section. I do reuse slides but it could be months away. I don't like having lots of slides in my playlist that are paused, so I end up deleting them. So if I could move them or store them out of site that would be great!

Love it for our Lobby

Brad A.
GM
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers

Pluspunten: Ease of use.
Stable and just keeps running.

Minpunten: I like the content to download onto the apple tv so that it can be accessed with or without internet connection.

Super easy

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018
Import en export, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The Japanese market is starting to use Kitcast as well.

Pluspunten: The point that websites can be easily distributed as pages

Minpunten: Especially, support is very substantial.

Great Value for the $

Terry S.
Medische praktijk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Love the professional look with minimal effort needed.

Minpunten: If you have more than 10 or more slides it gets a bit cumbersome to know which is which other than by name. The preview panel doesn't rotate through slides or images so without publishing you can't really see what it is going to look like. Also the create your own templates don't have many options, would be great to have more templates to chose from so users don't have to create from scratch.

Great software, just a bit expensive.

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018
Drew H.
IT
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are using it for digital signage in financial institution. It has been a big hit with customers and we love how easy it is for our small marketing department to manage.

Pluspunten: Setup and implementation feel in-step with the "Apple" approach. It's easy to create beautiful animated signage.

Minpunten: The cost. Not sure how to resolve this while keeping development afloat, but the current cost per install is high for a small business.

Best option for multi site TVs

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2018
Bobby G.
Exuctive Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Love using it. So happy I found it on the App Store.

Pluspunten: This absolutely the best option I could find for multiple locations and TVs. It’s easy to use and it updates fairly fast.

Minpunten: It lacks some options but over all a good choice.

I am so glad we are using Kitcast!

David S.
Trainer Pyro/FX Technician
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have kitcast running on a TV in our warehouse and it has been awesome. We share our overall metrics with our workers, as well as Pics and Videos of our work, Safety bulletins and employee discounts. Thank you again for making such a great product.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. I can't wait to use this at all of our locations and change their media remotely.

Minpunten: So far I haven't found any. This does exactly what we need it to.

Great product but still a few rough edges

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
CTO
Marktonderzoek, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think the is a great product and fills a niche at a good price point.

Pluspunten: Very simple to setup and get started. Relatively self-explantory configuration of screen schedules.
Comes with a pretty decent set of available default content feed and layouts.

Minpunten: I have a particular use case that doesn't work all that well. I'd like to rotate through the calendars for multiple conference rooms. It's easy enough to setup a screen for each room's calendar. But, there is no way to have the final screen include the name of the conference room along with the calendar! Not a huge deal, and by no means a deal breaker, but there are a few rough edges here and there like this that can become a little aggravating.

Kitcast is Easy and reliable

Nathan W.
Tech specialist
Schoolleiding, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has been amazing.

Pluspunten: It's UX. It is VERY user friendly. Training people who are not good with technology is simple. You do not need to be an IT person to use it.

Minpunten: I want more overlay abilities. It makes branding with Kitcast difficult without the ability to use an overlay that shows who you are.

Great tool, but hoping to see some updates

Evan O.
Director Of Marketing And Product Development
Bouwmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to set up and get going. great way to loop videos and content at a tradeshow or in a lobby

Minpunten: I am admitedaly a power user and push things to its limits however I would like to see Better templating tools and presentation import support would be useful. powerpoint presentations as flattened losing all transitions and animations. Any video that is part of the presentations is also only displayed as an image. Presentations that are imported show artifacts due to compression. They also can not be separated to mix in other videos or media types.

Kitcast

Jason S.
Referee
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good, as soon as more money is available will purchase more

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Good graphics l. Like to use for info on campus.

Minpunten: A little pricey per screen, you must purchase an newer Apple TV to use

Ok product

Marketing Director
Farmaceutica, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use with existing templates and features

Minpunten: Inability to customize animations and connect to my existing calendars

Great Tool Needs Work

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2018
Mary D.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the ability to post slides to different TVs.

Minpunten: No larg preview of individual slides. Scheduling not user friendly.

Good for Entry Level

Brian N.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Too rigid and limited to be useful.

Pluspunten: Inexpensive. Easy to use. I liked that I got it up and running in the first 30 minutes.

Minpunten: Lacks some basic features (even within existing options). Weather was ALWAYS wrong. I didn't like the graphic design on the pre-made and it's impossible to edit basic color & layout changes. I could make my own template for the static slides but there's no way to upload animated slides. For example, I didn't like your clock, but there was no way to edit it so it's a feature that I never used. Also, the social media integrations lacked some basic functionality and they never worked. Yelp always showed the same two reviews, and there was no way to change or fix that. The Instagram integration was the best but that also lacked some basic settings so we could prioritize or block certain pics or types of pics. Plus, there's no Facebook integration at all.

Great Product

Josh E.
Operations Officer
Bankwezen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall a great product and works well.

Pluspunten: It is an easy to use web based software that connects great via WiFi.

Minpunten: I wish they had more templates and options. The pricing for a single unit is high and I wish your subscription was able to be control multiple units for the same flat cost.

Active Kitcast Subscriber

William K.
Senior Systems Administrstor
Papier- en bosbouwproducten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are using kitcast in the Foyer of our church for information, promotions and inspiration. It has gotten very good feedback so far. Support has been VERY responsive.

Pluspunten: Separate schedules and web based console. Simple to setup / deploy.

Minpunten: Minor UI things (previews)
Inability to test presentation on machine aside from kiosk sending it too.

Easy To Use System

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2018
Trey T.
Director of Technology
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I am very pleased with Kitcast and glad we made the decision to use/purchase it.

Pluspunten: I really like how easy it is to use Kitcast for managing our information on our various TVs.

Minpunten: The prebuilt templates are very limited. Need more options.