Over Twilio

Twilio biedt eenvoudige API's voor betalen op basis van gebruik aan bedrijven waarmee schaalbare, betrouwbare spraak- en sms-apps voor internet of mobiele apparaten gebouwd kunnen worden.

Meer informatie over Twilio

The documentation of Twilio APIs is very clear, and the pricing is easily understandable. Their services are reliable and easy to integrate into your own projects.

It can be difficult to find your way around the website. Even with documentation, setting up functions can be confusing.

Beoordelingen van Twilio

Waar voor je geld

Twilio heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 360 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Twilio eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (360)

Ryan
Ryan
Marketing Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Great product for the tech savvy

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Bert
general manager in België
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Twilio voor patiënteducatie

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Na wat zoeken bij de setup is het nu een vlotte implementatie. Geen problemen, stabiel.

Twilio is snel, na setup is het superbetrouwbaar en stabiel.

De implementatie is niet eenvoudig, de prijzenstructuur ook niet.

Manuel
Manuel
Business Office Manager in Mexico
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing programmable number service

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been able to deploy a whole Marketing Center, phone automation with payments systems. Call recording for training, conferences and waiting lines.

The service has many good features, the guides are easy to use and you can start deploying from day one. The Studio flow helps a lot if you do not have knowledge of programming, the customer service is also great. There is a lot you can do with Twilio no matter the size of your business.

It can be overwhelming because the tons of features, is it much better if you at least know for sure what you want to start

Boaz
CEO in Israël
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

My Twilio Exerience

4,0 5 dagen geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Twilio is a powerful and flexible cloud communications platform that can be beneficial for businesses looking for scalability and customization. It is However, it may not be the most cost-effective option, and the lack of hands-on support could be a problem for some businesses.

- Can handle large volumes of communication traffic.- Easy and straightforward integration of communication functionality into existing systems and applications- High reliability and uptime, ensuring that communications are delivered quickly and efficiently.

- Twilio's pricing can be higher than some other communication platforms- Twilio's API-based platform can be complex for non-technical users- Their self-service support model may not be suitable for those who require a more hands-on approach

Pricing Strategy Advisor / REALTOR(R) in VS

Tyranny of the 2FA gods!

2,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Authy by Twilio is a run-of-the-mill 2FA app. There's nothing special about it. It works when you're not switching your hardware.

Customer Support is only available by email, not by phone, and it takes 1-3 days to hear back from them. I was in the process of integrating their OneTouch functionality into a software program I'm designing, and I finally found out why no one else integrates it. It's busted and when you go to click the "Accept" or "Reject" buttons, it gives you an error. Authy support said to reinstall my Authy app, and now I can't get back into the app until 2 days later because of their overbearing security. They refuse to get me out of the bind, and I'm unable to access any of my accounts until they lift the hold. I've learned my lesson and I'm going to use LastPass so they can't hold my accounts hostage anymore for their nefarious purposes.

Zeynel
Social Media Manager in Canada
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers

Amazing Service Experience with Twilio!

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I had a great experience with Twilio. It was easy to set up, reliable, and the customer support was excellent. I would definitely recommend it to businesses looking for a great communications platform.

I used Twilio for my business and it was a great experience. The interface was easy to use, response time was fast, and the customer support team was always available. I feel like my business was well taken care of.

The only downside I found with Twilio was that some of the advanced features could be a bit tricky to use. It took me some time to figure out how to set them up.

Julien
Julien
CEO in Costa Rica
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Amazing powers - not for anyone

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We did our transfer from Dialpad to Twilio after seeing the price difference + all the missing options (automation and integration) Dialup was missing. We faced a huge issue when we realized we had to code our own phone system to be able to receive or send sms and calls. Happened at a moment where the firm didn't have the time to read the 3000 pages tutorial offered on Twilio. Our transfer made our whole phone system out of service for 3 weeks. We finally found other companies offering what Twilio should offer : a basic interface to the basic needs of a phone number (call + sms). This workaround finally made the deal much less advantageous than expected. We now pay almost the same price as we were paying with Dialpad, for a less powerful interface.. until we have the time to focus on building our own app to use it.

Twilio can do absolutely everything you need to do with a phone number. Automate, Record, SMS, Call, Chatbot, Integrations, Number verification.

Very complex to setup. You absolutely NEED to know how to code. No easy user software available to simply use your number from day 1.

Cameron
IT Help Desk in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Good for business, not so much for residential use

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Twilio was good, but I ended up moving to Voip.ms because of the better residential support Voip.ms has.

Intuitive web user interfaceAmazing and responsive customer support

Tailored towards businessesOnly supports the ULAW codec, whereas other VoIP providers are moving towards G.722

Efezino
Efezino
Managing Director & Software Developer in Nigeria
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers

Dependable

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, however, Twilio is a solid choice for businesses and organizations looking for a comprehensive communications platform. From a developer's perspective, it is one of the simplest solutions to integrate with.

Twilio is a powerful and effective communications platform that allows businesses and organizations to easily integrate voice, video, messaging, and other forms of communication into their systems and applications. Some of the key benefits of using Twilio include:Flexibility: Twilio provides a range of different APIs and tools that can be easily integrated into a variety of different platforms and applications. This allows organizations to use Twilio in a way that best fits their needs and requirements.Scalability: Twilio is designed to handle high volumes of traffic, making it a good choice for organizations that need to send or receive large numbers of communications on a regular basis. The service can easily be scaled up or down to meet changing needs.Features: Twilio offers a range of advanced features, including tracking and analytics, voice recognition, and integration with other tools and services. These features can help organizations optimize their communications and improve their overall effectiveness.

Despite its many benefits, there are some potential drawbacks to consider when using Twilio. For example, the cost of the service can be a barrier for some organizations, and the advanced features may not be necessary for all users. Additionally, the service may require some technical expertise to set up and use effectively.

Ahmed
Ahmed
Founder, Biomedical Engineer & Data Scientist in Egypte
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Twilio: The Ultimate Communication Solution for Businesses

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Twilio is a reliable and effective communication solution that helps us improve our customer engagement and communication strategies.

The most positive aspect of Twilio is its flexibility and scalability, Twilio offers a wide range of communication services, including SMS, voice, video, email, and chat, which can be easily integrated into any application. This allows us to create personalized communication experiences with our customers. Twilio's pay-as-you-go pricing model allows us to scale usage based on our needs, without any long-term contracts or commitments. Twilio's platform also provides a variety of features such as call routing, message personalization, 2-way messaging, contact management, online voice transmission, call monitoring, call recording, MMS, automated responses, reporting and analytics, shortcodes, voicemail transcription, access controls, mobile keywords, call conferencing, SIP trunking and unified communications, all of these features are very useful and make the communication process more efficient and convenient.

Twilio is that it may not be as user-friendly as other similar products, You may find the platform complex and difficult to navigate, which could make it challenging for fully utilize all of its features. Even though Twilio's platform offers a wide range of communication services, it may not have some specialized features that other products offer.However, these cons are not unique to Twilio, as any software has its own set of pros and cons.

Esther
Software Implementation in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Purchased out of necessity, expanded due to functionality

5,0 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I like software that does what it’s supposed to do in the background without requiring regular babysitting. Twilio is exceptionally good at this. As long as our autopay works, the service remains consistently available and functions as expected.

For us, the integration is key. We have quite a few non-tech savvy people so operating the backend of Twilio could be intimidating for most of our staff. However, we need a product with extensive features and customization options. Twilio gives us the best of both worlds by integrating our user friendly database with the robust Twilio features.

There are always trade offs between available features and ease of use. Sometimes it’s hard to locate a particular setting. However, online documentation has helped me out so far and I have not needed tech support.

Konstantinos
DevOps Engineer in Griekenland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Call routing has never been easier

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Twilio along with Zapier have never failed us and its pricing is really good for the services we use.

The API integration of twilio makes it easy for our business to operate and use the automation solutions provided by zapier.

The dashboard used to be a bit confusing when we started using the product. However after a couple of days I get its logic.

IT Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Twilio's services and tools are reliable, easy to configure, easy to manage, and inexpensive

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Twilio trunking for our multi-location PBX, and SMS messaging for customer communication. Twilio has worked out very well for us and I would strongly recommend them to other businesses. It's easy to set up, inexpensive and reliable.

So far, we use Twilio SMS messaging and SIP trunking. Our experience with was excellent. Everything from creating an account, setting up services, integrating with other systems (PBX and CRM), funding and managing services has been nearly perfect. We did not have a lot of experience with any of these technologies, and we had very little trouble getting it to work the way we want. They have done an outstanding job of designing the services and interfaces so you can put together systems exactly the way you want, without a lot of trouble for spending a lot of money.

The one negative that we have encountered so far is that Twilio's SIP trunking does not support T.38 faxing. We do have a couple legacy fax machines set up with ATA's, but they are unreliable both sending and receiving, so we had to supplement this with efax service from another vendor. This setup works, but it would've been nice to have everything together from one vendor. I understand that fax is outdated, but it's still the standard in the medical industry.

Founder in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Twilio also has a couple of secret super powers!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: An amazingly well built product -- we rarely if ever had reliability issues -- the Twilio Functions were an especially useful post-purchase feature discovery -- so much so that we still use that even though we don't do any texting. We also sometimes use FracTEL, since they beat Twilio on pricing 3:1 for 1-800 texts *and* had MMS 1-800 support long before Twilio.

* super easy to configure multiple accounts for billing purposes * * Twimlets are a great way to experiment with product &/or prototype quickly - https://www.twilio.com/labs/twimlets * Twilio functions is amazingly easy way to either extend power of tools such as Zapier &/or avoid having to use AWS Lambda, etc. -- it's a super cool hidden feature - https://www.twilio.com/docs/runtime/functions * They have an auto-stop feature if you accidentally send too fast -- e.g., we accidentally created an infinite loop of texts between two phone numbers -- which they auto-stopped at about $20 (in three minutes). There are likely other Twilio features hiding in plain sight -- poke around -- one of those rare cases where reading all the documentation is likely worth it

* the login process can be annoying * help sometime takes longer than 24 hours * configuring multiple sub-accounts is confusing at first * not all functions can be done via UX -- some require API calls -- curl scripts were our goto

Josip
Josip
Athletic coach in Kroatië
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Start sending SMS programmatically with just a few lines of code

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Twilio is superior when it comes to SMS delivery so I will share my experience with that since I use only SMS services but bear in mind that Twilio is much more than just SMS. Twilio delivers messages fast and reliable all around the globe for a very competitive price. It usually takes just a few seconds to deliver the message. With Twilio, you don't even need to buy a phone number since you can send messages from an alphanumeric ID. You just need to make sure that this is legal in your country and take an additional registration step if required by law. Choosing the phone number from which you will send a message is sometimes a better solution since you can then also receive messages and for example, receive messages for unsubscribing the customer from your SMS marketing platform. What I particularly like about Twilio is their offer for Non Profit organizations. They are willing to credit your account with 500$ if you are a registered Non-Profit and that is amazing! I don't know of any other company that gives such big credits for free and that speaks that company is led by managers who certainly have a great vision which is not only to make a profit but help people by providing easy use service. Their API is amazing! Documentation is full of examples and a lot of programming languages are supported out of the box. Their API services are not just developer focussed and overall complete service is so easy to use that I don't know why I haven't been using it much before.

Twilio dashboard is not the best experience and I don't like it even though it received a redesign recently. It feels kinda outdated and it isn't optimized for mobile devices what I found kinda alerting for 2022. Although you won't be using it on your mobile phone primarily, it is nice if you could check the error log fast on the go if a lot of them start popping out and alerting you on channels you set.

Head of B2B Product in Singapore
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Best Communications API for Voice and SMS

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's highly recommended that every startup or business should go with Twilio as their backbone communications layer. Recently they added more services like email through SendGrid, so it is really powerful.

Using Twilio services for programmable voice and SMS means that we do not have to build that infrastructure, and can build features on top of that at a quick speed. I like how reliable the services is, which is a major draw and value for money with the costs. At occasional times when there are issues, they are resolved speedily. The team is super friendly, and will always be there to help answer our problems. Otherwise, the API documentation is great and easy to implement.

It doesn't work or work so well in places like China though, which is understandable. The admin console is largely usable but can include for features for less tech savvy people, understandably, not really their audience.

CEO in Canada
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Very good product with one major problem that won't affect a lot of people.

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It's working for us, and I don't think I'd move, as I assume we would have similar problems with other text message vendors and they'd have less clout than Twillio would when it comes to solving the problem.

A powerful telephony software that only charges you for resources you use. This works great for us, as we don't currently need a massive amount of resources. It powers all our text message needs on our internal software platforms.

The only problem we've faced is several carriers have started blocking non-standard TLD links. No failure, not message, the text messages disappear into the ether. Twillio has been less than useless in helping solve this (I suspect because our usage is so low they don't really care) I feel like this is a really niche problem that won't affect a lot of potential users, so I've still rated them fairly high and would probably recommend them too.

Philipp
Director in Mauritius
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Full-fledge communication platform for any complexity of business

5,0 8 maanden geleden

We use Twilio as a cloud communication platform and we found here all the options required for our business. API Integration with other software is well done also.

Pricing for phone numbers is some regions are high. Interface is not intuitive in the beginning.

Roger
Roger
Project Manager in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Powerful, flexible

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great - solid dependable system

Wide range of options - API hooks, config options etc

Can be complex to set up, but Twilio Studio does the trick now I guess. We were originally using XML / TwiML

Dilraj
Dilraj
Sr. Software Developer in India
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Awesome tool for sending sms and voice calling

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Twilio enables the users on any platform to send sms and make voice calls internationally via its well documented APIs which can be integrated very quickly on the platform by the developers. The SMS can be sent reliably on any international or local phone number once the phone numbers are bought with the required services enabled on it. Twilio also provides phone number masking for making voice calls. All in all its really an awesome module to use in your product for availing all of the Twilio services.

Twilio should provide sms and voice calling as a testing feature on the trial account which can really help people to be more convinced about its awesome services.

Steven
Systems Integrator in VS
Computernetwerken, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Powerful yet complex

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was able to create a call center script using this service and it worked great. Customer support sucks. If I were to rate Customer Support: 2 stars. Documentation: 5

You can create almost anything with their voice prompts. Both inbound and outbound calls. From IVR to automated calls. You can host your scripts on their platform or your own server using the REST API.

Documentation is all over the place. There are two main ways to send commands. Twiml or API (your language like PHP or C#) but the documentation jumps back and forth. One step of a tutorial is in Twiml. Then the next thing you want to do is not. It uses the API. And trying to find the same documentation in the other language is hit or miss.

Francis
Francis
Software Dev in Honduras
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Api is very easy to use

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall use the api and setting up was a peace of cake, the subscription price and the option to create custom project for the client was great and watch how to use it thru a tutorial was not longer then 5 min, my client was conform with the integration of sending SMS and MMS to his customer and it did not required additional hardware.

You can either setup a new project with their own tool or just create your project on your own language programming of your preference, using the api is very easy and you can create the necessary tools to customize and ready to use for the end user, in my case I stored and encrypted withing the database, and explain the end user the price this company use and is not that expensive, it doesn't required additional hardware to use. only internet and is ready to go.

There limited Hispanic countries when I tried but I see the list is still expanding, for the moment my specific country was not yet available, so I have to use the USA number which the client was not that happy about it, but agree to use until our country was available.

SDE2 in India
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

Best app for calling, sending text

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall a really great platform for building calling and texting with great api documentation and customer support. The merits of this platform are way huge then any defects

- great api documentation and that too in multiple languages which helps a lot while developing - love the studio flow where we can design complicated flow very easily and use various integrations for each event - we build a virtual calling software using twilio and till date it’s working very nicely - can buy multiple numbers which help in setting the caller id or call masking

- Had some issue with the calls sometimes, mainly call drops and poor voice quality but not regularly - Sometimes the sms delivery on indian numbers take a bit more time

Marketing and Communications Specialist. in VK
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

No better way to engage with customers via sms.

5,0 vorig jaar

I like the speed of sms delivery . This is very important for two-factor authentication of new users and existing users of our banking services.

Will be great to have advanced analytical data, around how our end users interact with sms marketing messages we send to them through Twilio. This will enable us efficiently measure the effect of our sms engagements with customers and identify aspects of the aforementioned engagement approach, which we can possibly improve.

Zeth
Digital Marketer in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amazing text messaging automation for non-developers

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I cannot thank Twilio enough for coming out with their product called Studio. I'm a digital marketer with limited developing skills in coding but I love using their API. I have always struggles to make sms chat bots and programmable voice systems until they introduced Studio. Even better yet, they give amazing tutorials on how to use it step-by-step. I highly recommend Twilio.

Very much a UI for developers and for people that are familiar with coding.

Digital Marketing Specialist in Malta
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Full solution in one place

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been using Twilio for over 4 years. We will stick with them as they are a reliable platform and they are a core to our org model.

The best feature is that the environment is very stable. We use a few hundred telephone numbers for referral purposes and we never have any issues with bridging calls.

The price per number is a bit on the higher side. Close competitors have better monthly pricing but then don't have as many features.