Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Twilio

Twilio biedt eenvoudige API's voor betalen op basis van gebruik aan bedrijven waarmee schaalbare, betrouwbare spraak- en sms-apps voor internet of mobiele apparaten gebouwd kunnen worden.

Meer informatie over Twilio

The documentation of Twilio APIs is very clear, and the pricing is easily understandable. Their services are reliable and easy to integrate into your own projects.

It can be difficult to find your way around the website. Even with documentation, setting up functions can be confusing.

Beoordelingen van Twilio

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Twilio heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 430 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Twilio eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (430)

Ryan
Ryan
Marketing Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Great product for the tech savvy

5,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Bert
general manager in België

Twilio voor patiënteducatie

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Na wat zoeken bij de setup is het nu een vlotte implementatie. Geen problemen, stabiel.

Twilio is snel, na setup is het superbetrouwbaar en stabiel.

De implementatie is niet eenvoudig, de prijzenstructuur ook niet.

Sebastian
Sebastian
Owner in Canada

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Very useful but getting more and more expensive

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: You have to build your own interface to use the Twilio API. Or pay for a software that can use the API, which is easier and cheaper. The Twilio interface only allows you to monitor usage, create reports, billing management, and program IVR. It doesn't provide an interface for your sales team to use.

I like how complete it is and all the API possibilities. You can achieve so much if you know what you're doing. You can create a call center and monitor everything, including recordings. SMS marketing, ringless voicemail, etc..

As you scale, it gets very expensive (no discounts at all for loyalty). Zapier is losing its market share to Make, Pipedream, and Pabbly. Soon the same will happen to Twilio.

Aseel
Account in Jemen
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers

Egypt

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I benefited a lot from the application, as it provided me with many functions and capabilities that helped me greatly in performing the work and presented it to me smoothly, quickly and concisely in one place, many benefits in the success of the work and the communication process, I was able to see the workflow, control it and follow it up, and I solved Many of the problems with the application that some employees made with some customers, and I dealt with these problems quickly and amicably. I realized many facts and reached many information and benefits..

I found many advantages of making voice calls and sending text messages through the application and using them in the performance of the company's work, so that the application has become an indispensable main reference in life Daily and practical, I found integration in job performance in a very large way and it provided me with many things and benefits in performing work and controlling it, communicating with customers, suppliers and employees, monitoring them and their performance, knowing the desires and needs of customers, voice mail service, call recording, and many, many features in this application .

It has an easy, simple, practical interface that all groups can use and benefit from in a smooth and uncomplicated manner. It has advantages when the internet is cut off or the network is weak. I found integration in the performance of the current practical work and doing it to the fullest by means of this application, but it contains something that I think it lacks, which is the support of the Arabic language Some customers face a problem because of the availability of the language only, and we hope that the application will pay attention to this point and focus on it.

Ajay kumar
Full Stack Developer in India

First class SMS API Platform for developers

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Twilio for three years. Actually this is a very suitable Platform for SMS. This is the Platform I recommend to all my clients.

I am Ajay Full Stack Developer. Basically I'm using Twilio for SMS. Two things motivate me to use Twilio one is, compare to other SMS Platform it's very easy to get the payed API Key and and minimum of code. Second thing is, They provide very good costumer care support.

Features wise no drawbacks in Twilio but compare to other platform littlie bit more cost.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Good features, but terrible support service

3,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Twilio: good features, terrible support service! Pray you never need their support! I opened a ticket almost a week ago asking for a simple thing: deactivate 2FA to be able to migrate the WhatsApp Business Account (WABA). Until today, they haven't resolved it. They take a long time to respond and send stupid questions. So far, they haven't done what I asked. I'll miss a perfect time to migrate because of them.

Telephone number, WhatsApp Sender, and SMS with a good API integration.

The support service is terrible. There is no chat support for all customers (you have to pay for this support type in addition to the contracted service). The ticket response time lasts an average of 24 hours. If it's an important issue your company will suffer the consequences. I opened a simple ticket asking to turn off 2FA on my account to migrate the WhatsApp Business Account (WABA). It has been almost a week of messages exchanged and passed from one team to another without any solution to the case.

Fernando
CTO and General Manager in Mexico
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Great Service, for experienced users

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The experience has been really good over the years, we don’t see ourselves switching to another service anytime soon.

It works really well, they are good at making sure users are compliant with relevant regulations.

Customer service is slow, their system is not the friendliest.

Manuel
Manuel
Business Office Manager in Mexico
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing programmable number service

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been able to deploy a whole Marketing Center, phone automation with payments systems. Call recording for training, conferences and waiting lines.

The service has many good features, the guides are easy to use and you can start deploying from day one. The Studio flow helps a lot if you do not have knowledge of programming, the customer service is also great. There is a lot you can do with Twilio no matter the size of your business.

It can be overwhelming because the tons of features, is it much better if you at least know for sure what you want to start

Brent
Lead Developer in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Terrible A2P Campaign Interface

3,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I work with nearly 100 clients and I help them setup their Twilio accounts (we are a reseller). The process to get a verified campaign, brand, and messaging service is dismal despite even after 8 months of working with their new system. I do not understand how a company as large and as tech focused as twilio does not have better systems. Their asynchronous tasks rarely completely in the browser, the web interfaces glitches and flickers randomly, and the error messages are minimal and require getting in touch with their cookie cutter customer support team (zendesk). They also make you build your own menu, and the menu is always changing for some reason. I am writing this review out of frustration. I hope they get their act together. I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

I like that there are so many tools available to developers

Their interface, UI, UX, and implementation of the new A2P Campaign Registration

Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Reliable and scalable.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

There are so many things to love about Twilio from my experience and perspective. I like the quality of its documentations and how intuitive they are. I find their customer service team very responsive to queries and inquiries and I love how Twilio has SDK's in my favorite programming language.

Twilio boasts 99.9% uptime and it supports all major programming languages. Personally for me , Twilio is head and hand above every other sms/voice cloud communication platform.

Roja
Solution manager in India
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

The versatile SMS Marketer

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Twilio messaging reliability is amazing performance.Intergrating with other software also easy.there customer support is is very fast.

I am totally comfortable and done with twillo.I don' have any kind a issue.

Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

It is a good service that has helped me alot to receive business SMS

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

The cost of watsup API is very affordable

The customer service support is really very slow to respond

Alok
Senior Backend Engineer in India
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Twilio user review

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Sending bulk communication to our users via SMS or WhatsApp , Twilio provides the good platform.

following reasons to use Twilio- 1. Good UI and easy to understand 2. Pricing wrt to a competitor 3. Sticky sender feature. 4. Programmable Messaging service 5. Logging and debug feature 6. Webhook configuration

1. SMS success rate and charges are better wrt to competitors. 2. Sender numbers tier is not in users' control 3. Sticky sender feature needs more clarity on usage

Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Twilio's services and tools are reliable, easy to configure, easy to manage, and inexpensive

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Twilio trunking for our multi-location PBX, and SMS messaging for customer communication. Twilio has worked out very well for us and I would strongly recommend them to other businesses. It's easy to set up, inexpensive and reliable.

So far, we use Twilio SMS messaging and SIP trunking. Our experience with was excellent. Everything from creating an account, setting up services, integrating with other systems (PBX and CRM), funding and managing services has been nearly perfect. We did not have a lot of experience with any of these technologies, and we had very little trouble getting it to work the way we want. They have done an outstanding job of designing the services and interfaces so you can put together systems exactly the way you want, without a lot of trouble for spending a lot of money.

The one negative that we have encountered so far is that Twilio's SIP trunking does not support T.38 faxing. We do have a couple legacy fax machines set up with ATA's, but they are unreliable both sending and receiving, so we had to supplement this with efax service from another vendor. This setup works, but it would've been nice to have everything together from one vendor. I understand that fax is outdated, but it's still the standard in the medical industry.

Joel
Tech Lead in VS
Online media, 11-50 werknemers

Outstanding Platform for Businesses Using WhatsApp

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been positive so far. We are launching our software globally now and so far they have been a solid partner in the countries we have been going to.

We used Twilio to be the backbone of custom cross-platform messaging software we built that connects people in different countries around the globe. We used it to send automated messages alerting the users that someone in their area wants to talk to them and then to continue to facilitate the conversations through our software and the WhatsApp API protecting the user's identities. The API was very easy to use. The hardest and most challenging part was getting set up and approved by Facebook to get our WhatsApp numbers. The system tracks if messages were delivered which is great and we can see responses come back in as well, not the message content itself mind you, but that a response was sent. We also leverage their email platform which added another communication platform to our system. All in all, we are excited about our partnership with Twilio and look forward to continuing to work with them.

The only challenging issues we had really involved WhatsApp and getting them to verify our Facebook Business listing, then approve us for a WhatsApp number and finally approve our message templates so we could use Twilio to send messages through their platform. I wouldn't say any of that was Twilio's fault and their staff was excellent at doing everything they could to help us. The only thing I would like to see is a better more laid out navigation on their admin dashboards. You have to click into menus to get to a sub menu to then scroll around and try to find what you are looking for. It would be nice if they had a master link tree like Amazon does on their AWS dashboard.

Necati
Marketing Manager in Turkije
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Its ok...until you have to deal with the support.

3,0 10 maanden geleden

We used Twilio since 2018 (an eternity in the software world). Good API and mostly without any big technical issues.

There was a big fraud/spam issue on our account. We are pretty sure it was not our fault. But things happened and we lost about 900$ due credit card charging (still no refund from Twilio). Contacted the support but we got only some general advices and they insisted that it was our fault. And apparently it was more important for them that we "Confirm that you will not be disputing the charges with your bank" then finding a solution. After 2 months without any progress, we decided to Switch to Amazon. Our first impression: great support from Amazon!

Sam
Sam
Partner in VS
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 11-50 werknemers

Twilio is great, but the learning curve is greater

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Because I don't make any changes to Twilio on my own, the barrier to entry requires me to rely on third-party developers to fulfill all my requests due to my technological limitations. While this could be considered a good thing, as most business owners should not be screwing around with their phone system, it does mean that I need to be reliant on a third party to help make the Twilio implementation I dream up. When everything is set up correctly, I never have issues with Twilio. That level of reliability means a lot when it comes to a business phone system. Because of this, I wholeheartedly recommend Twilio to any business. Just be prepared to take a deep dive into the learning curve or hire a third party.

Twilio has set the bar pretty high with the customizability of telephony. You can do incredible things with Twilio. From a simple phone tree to complex actions that integrate other applications with the likes of Zapier and other no-code services, the sky is the limit for most small business owners to create great solutions.

The downside is the learning curve. In comparison, I consider myself tutorial literate when coding and setting systems up. I can't seem the find the ability to build proficiency in Twilio. And while this is my own doing, it is my only con. Twilio is incredible. For whatever reason, I have difficulty handling the tweaking on my own.

Ian
Director of Marketing in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

So easy it almost seems too easy.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Twilio Programmable Voice for a number of different use-cases. It is used to create trackable phone numbers for ads, internal phone/sms systems for sales/support and also integrated directly with our marketing automation platform, Autopilot. All of this had a fairly steep learning curve for a non-developer, but taking the time to do the work through Twilio (rather than a 3rd party software built on top of Twilio) has saved us a large amount of money and preserved a great deal of operational flexibility by preventing unwanted layers in our broader communications stack.

Twilio programable voice lets you build localized internet phone systems using numbers from anywhere in the world. I don't know of another comparable solution that isn't just another interface built on-top of Twilio. More importantly, it lets you customize these phone systems in every way imaginable (from drag/drop coding in Studio to custom apps) in just a few clicks. In terms of cost and flexibility, it is the clear winner in this space.

The product is trying to become increasingly friendly to non-developers, but it is still really positioned as a developer-first platform. It is a true platform technology, which is the root of most of Twilio's benefits – but that does come at the cost of being intimidating/less user-friendly to non-developers.

Chirag
CITO in VS
Verzekeringen, 51-200 werknemers

Reliable text notifications for customers

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've had great experience with Twilio. Our users sign up for text notification and we use Twilio to deliver them information. That experience has been well-received by customers. There's more to Twilio than that but texting is what we use it for. The system barely ever goes down and always shows us accurate information of our usage.

Barrier to entry is so low; it's so easy to get started with Twilio. It took us one afternoon to test it and we were running production-grade systems the same week using Twilio. It's documentation is so good that we don't need to call into support for anything. Billing is clear and analytics is clear as well. We have enjoyed Twilio.

There isn't anything I don't like about Twilio. I do feel that Twilio can create widgets for non-technical customers to sign up customers for text notification. We have development staff that understands Twilio well enough. I do see small mom-and-pop shop owners who'd love to keep customers informed of sales through text messaging. If Twilio advertised more or somehow helped such audience, that'll be really neat.

Lacie
Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Twilio integration

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience with Twilio has been great. The set up and implementation of Twilio in our office was extremely easy and we haven't experienced any issues using Twilio so far. I like that there's a specific phone # attached that looks like it's form our area code and office. Our patients can text us at any time and we have never had any missed texts or communication issues.

We currently use this software that is integrated with our ChiroHD Software system. Our team utilizes Twilio daily and appreciates the convenience to easily communicate with patients via text.

I don't think we are using the full functionality of the product due to it's integration inside ChiroHD.

Pakket- en goederenbezorging, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Twilio has real bad customer service!

1,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I usually don't leave reviews but I am so upset of how Twilio treated me and my business that I feel an obligation to do so. Twilio has very bad customer service. If your app, website or product depends on its service like API or SMS, I would look somewhere else like Plivo or other service providers. Twilio suspended my account for weeks on an error through their system and through numerous emails, they took their time to unsuspend it while my business was being damaged every day by it. I would never recommended Twilio to any businesses or consumers.

There is nothing much to like about Twilio.

Twilio has real bad customer service and not reliable platform for businesses that depend on API and SMS for their businesses.

Jeff
Jeff
Principal in VS
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers

Great for Triggered Text Message Notifications

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, very happy. Great value for the money. Would highly recommend.

We've been using this system to send text notifications to a distribution list when someone visits our website and completes a form to request information. We typically receive emails from clients who send 3-5 similar, if not identical emails to multiple tour operators. By dramatically decreasing our time to contact the potential client and answer questions via email or over the phone, we saw a marked increase in booking conversions. Using the Zapier integration between our Website form tool "Gravity Forms" and Twilio, we now can respond to online inquiries a matter of minutes, and secure a booking before our competitors can even open their email.

In the Zapier setup, it is a bit of hit and miss to get all the custom text to layout like you want in a single text message.

Anish
Software Engineer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Twilio - Best Virtual Number Providers

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Twilio is overall the best and most reliable software to get Virtual numbers

Twilio helps to get virtual numbers within minutes especially United States numbers which helps us with our business needs.

Restrictions and extra process involving more days for some country numbers like India, and Hong Kong affects our timeline

Esther
Software Implementation in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Purchased out of necessity, expanded due to functionality

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I like software that does what it’s supposed to do in the background without requiring regular babysitting. Twilio is exceptionally good at this. As long as our autopay works, the service remains consistently available and functions as expected.

For us, the integration is key. We have quite a few non-tech savvy people so operating the backend of Twilio could be intimidating for most of our staff. However, we need a product with extensive features and customization options. Twilio gives us the best of both worlds by integrating our user friendly database with the robust Twilio features.

There are always trade offs between available features and ease of use. Sometimes it’s hard to locate a particular setting. However, online documentation has helped me out so far and I have not needed tech support.

Steve
Developer in Griekenland
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

A Reliable Cloud Communications Platform

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The platform is rock-solid reliable, the features are enterprise-grade, and the convenience of the cloud-based APIs accelerates development timelines.

What I liked most about Twilio is how easy it makes adding voice, video, and messaging capabilities to applications. The APIs are well-documented and intuitive to use. Twilio also has a wide range of features like phone numbers, SMS, MMS, chat, video, and more that can all be implemented in just a few lines of code. This makes it simple to build powerful communication features quickly.

Some of the more advanced features and add-ons can get expensive for high-usage applications

Konstantinos
DevOps Engineer in Griekenland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Call routing has never been easier

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Twilio along with Zapier have never failed us and its pricing is really good for the services we use.

The API integration of twilio makes it easy for our business to operate and use the automation solutions provided by zapier.

The dashboard used to be a bit confusing when we started using the product. However after a couple of days I get its logic.