Over Amazon SES

Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) helpt ontwikkelaars en marketeers bij het verzenden en ontvangen van marketing- en transactionele e-mails.

Meer informatie over Amazon SES

SES offers so many emails on a free plan that we've never gone beyond the Free tier. Once the verification have been done, everything else is so easy to use.

I don't think this is a negative but we need to learn configuration to setup it, which needs little effort to learn.i think they can simplify configuration settings.

Beoordelingen van Amazon SES

Waar voor je geld

Amazon SES heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 84 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Amazon SES eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (84)

Alejandro
Alejandro
Digital Marketing Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The cheapest but the hardest to configure

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have some knowledge and I read a lot to be able to configure it as I wanted, which sometimes it was frustrating, but I finally made it as I wanted and need it, that plus the price, the results... Awesome!

What I love the most is "The pricing", it is extremely cheap compared with other massive mailing systems like mail chimp or others.

The ease of configuration... You need a little bit of knowledge to configure, and even more knowledge if you want more specific features.

Angus
CEO in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

You can't beat the price to performance ratio

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience overall has been extremely positive, the price makes it the best tool out there for sending a lot of emails. Emails land straight in inbox as they should, and the tools to help manage bounces and complaints included are top notch. I'd recommend Amazon SES to anyone who sends a lot of emails.

I like how easy it is to get started with SES as well as how cheap and reliable the service is.

The dashboard takes a bit of getting used to, but it's manageable

Diego
Administrador de sistemas in Mexico
Informatiediensten, 11-50 werknemers

Barato pero difícil

3,0 3 maanden geleden

Lo económico, al contratar el servicio fue lo que nos atrajo

Lo Complicado de implementar y configurar otros recursos para agregar más funcionalidades

Samuel
Samuel
Engineer in Dominicaanse Republiek
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Amazon SES satisfies your email needs based Amazon's economy of scale

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We are solving the need of simple, reliable bulk email that scales and delivers with confidence.

Amazon SES is a relatively simple integration despite the need of better documentation, has an very developer-minded logic and allows you to share data to other Amazon AWS services for analytics, monitoring and others. It is the way to go when you want to have bulk email at a fraction of the costs incurred with other competitors. It is extremely reliable and has the Amazon infrastructure to support it. The web console is simple yet provides you with the essentials to monitor the account's health and performance.

Having migrated from Mailgun, I really felt the lack of proper development documentation when you are integrating for the first time. The current documentation is not well organized and lacks the developer friendlyness that you can find with competing products. However, this may have to do with a more general, bulk approach that Amazon focuses on. There are different versions of their APIs in the process of being migrated with the newer version being somewhat limited in features compared to the older one. My recommendation is that you get prepared to read a lot and test as you start to implement. I don't think you will be provided with bleeding edge email developments early but the basics will always be covered with Amazon SES.

Director in VK
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Amazon Simple Email Service - does what it says on the tin

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have used SES in multiple projects and it has proven itself to be a reliable service time and time again. The pricing is amazing and whilst you don't get all the bells and whistles other more fully featured services offer it does what it says on the tin. I've used it for multiple different projects utilising both API and SMTP connectivity and both have been solid.

The pricing is amazing for such a great service. The API is well documented and SDKs are available for the most popular languages. If you are integrating with legacy systems where you have no API access and require an MTA to be configured that i also supported. There's a generous free tier available for smaller projects as well (so long as you are using either EC2 or Lambda to integrate).

There's really not much to dislike about SES. A dashboard like Sendgrid provides would be a nice additional option but it's aimed at doing one thing and doing it well.

Nrip
Director - product Management and Intnl Marketing in India
Biotechnologie, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

By far the best feature within the AWS suite

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have been using SES for transactional as well as marketing(newsletter) email delivery. We love it.

It works, and is cheap. There is nothing of the sort to compete with SES for what it offers

Needs skillful setup as well as administration. Reports are not comprehensive and need SNS knowledge to be able to generate

Jase
Product Director in VK
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Simple by name, simple by nature.

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Our business email would not allow us to use alias email addresses for sending mail, and we often need to mail out for events from certain aliases. AWS SES allows us to send emails from any alias on the domain once the domain has been verified once, so staff can now manage transactional and marketing emails seamlessly.

It is super simple to setup, providing you with the full integration or just a simple SMTP server to use if easier. It handles emails extremely quickly and the pricing is so cheap, if you just want to send bulk or transactional emails, it's the way forward!

You must ensure you have return addresses for mail that isn't delivered and demonstrate how you would handle spam reporting. It's not too difficult to verify a domain but you need these in AWS Route 53 to make it even simpler.

Rahel
Rahel
Owner in Jamaica
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

I only pay for what I use, how much better can it get!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it in tangent with another program that allows me to send thousands of emails through my Gmail account. It makes it easy, simple, effective and an overall no-brainer to get those emails out daily. I don't have to worry about delivery or bounce either, which is something I can't say for plenty other similar services.

One of the biggest things about this program that I absolutely love is the fact that you are only charged for what you used. That alone makes Amazon SES great in my book because I know that I am only paying for the features that I have used over the period of time. It's also very flexible in connecting to various other software/programs etc.

It can be a bit tricky to figure out how to use the backend for those who are not tech-savvy. As a result, I think that might be something that they can try to improve a little bit. But other than that I'd say it's pretty impressive.

Senior Developer in Italië
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Perfect for transactional emails

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I used SES to send notifications from a web platform when certain events occurred.
We had a 100% success rate and were never disappointed y the product.

- It's easy to configure and implement - It makes sending transactional emails very easy - Costs can be easily forwarded to clients

SES requires technical skills, so only developers can actually access it features, but that's reasonable given the features the product offers.

Hannah
Teaching Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

An affordable email service with good features

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall usage experiences are mainly two points: efficient but not inexpensive.

1. Amazon SES helps me to integrate my businesses application quickly. I can configure and send emails in a short time. On the other hand, Amazon SES can receive emails from my customers. I need to pay only the volume of my usage depending on the size of my businesses cases. 2. By using Amazon SES, my company can send emails to our customers efficiently. This is because Amazon SES has email sending statistics which includes the statistics of feedback rates, bounces rates, and deliveries rates. So we can analyze the email efficiency to/from our customers. 3. Amazon SES provides a reputation dashboard, which is a function I like a lot. I can use this function to know accounts performances and anti-spam feedback.

The customer supports by Amazon are not inexpensive. For a small business like I am running now, I have no idea how long can I afford it.

Ari Eko
Ari Eko
CTO/CO-Founder in Indonesië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

robust and cheapest email delivery on the world

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: i am avid user of amazon ses and this i very good software

Amozen ses is cheapest and very good for deliverity in email space. their free tier is also generous and their pricing is very pocket friendly.

setup is complicated especially for newbie, but there are tons of guide on the internet to setting amazon ses.

Darian
Team Lead of Internal Tools in VS
Verzekeringen, 201-500 werknemers

Review for Amazon SES in our workplace

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: All of our automated email services go through Amazon SES. We send automated emails for billing reasons (invoices, receipts)
We send automated emails for claims management
We send automated emails to our employees with reports
We even use SES to send reports to our departments with all the errors from SES the previous day (like updating email addresses in our system if they bounce)

We light how easy it is to setup credentials for our email addresses and send them out. For example, we needed a process which bulk emails many of our insureds and needed a way to easily do this through python. We previously had a self hosted email server we were using but wanted to upgrade to something cloud based and secure.

One issue we have had was that we would like to be able to store a copy of the messages we send. We are required to save copies of outbound communications for some of the messaging and we have to get around this by using an email account as an 'archive email'. Nothing major but just something that has come up.

Leon
Managing Director in Nederland
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Simple like in the name and really cheap

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have been using SES for a couple of years now and are very happy with it. It's simple, stable and fast. Pretty much all you need..

Amazon SES is super straightforward and cheap. You can set it up in no time and it just works. At first your sending limits might be limited but once you have built your reputation and they go up you can send big batches of emails easily. We use it for our marketing automation suites and for our operational messages.

Reporting is a little more difficult to setup. It works with other products from Amazon and just isnt as straightforward.

Nessma
manager in Oman
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

Best Solution to Mass Email

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I saved thousands of dollars by using Amazon SES to send my newsletter to my over 10,000 list. I rarely pay anything every month, and when I do, it's pennies. For me, it was easy to integrate, but for some it could be challenging. Also, the customer support could be a little difficult to use for help.

The cheapest way to send thousands of emails every month is using Amazon SES. You get 62000 free emails monthly and after that it's only $0.1/ 1000 emails. No other email provider or mass email manager gives you that luxury. Plus the sending is very reliable and spam control is perfect.

If your emails are heavy on graphics or images or files, you'll consume much bandwidth which will cost you some money even in the free tier of sending. However, it's nothing compared to what you will pay for sending thousands of emails with any other provider. The other problem is integrating the service with your website or provider. It might be challenging for some with no knowledge of software or server installation.

Wale
Wale
Editor in Nigeria
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Great value for monet

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Amazon SES has helped us cut a lot of costs. As someone who moved from Mailchimp, I can appreciate this pay-as-you-use model. Although you might miss the fancy insights provided by standard email marketing services, integrating Amazon SES into a capable program bridges this gap.

The best thing about Amazon SES is the price. You only pay for what you use, and even with this, it's possible the cheapest solution for bulk emails. The delivery rate is good, and it integrates with most bulk email platforms and programs.

Amazon SES is not exactly easy to set up unless you're a bit tech-savvy. Also, the support is a bit slow when responding to limitation issues. However, once you overcome these hurdles and get it running, the rest is just a piece of cake.

Ramindu
Ramindu
Software Technical Lead in VS
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Programmatically generate massive amounts of emails for a low price point

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Amazon SES is a great solution to use as an automated email sending service for applications hosted in the cloud, if you can overcome the complicated set up process.

Amazon Simple Email Service is a great way to set up and send out automated emails associated with an application you have deployed on the cloud. It provides a comprehensive API that lets you design and send your email out in any way, and works very fast to send out large amounts of emails. The price associated with sending out emails is very reasonable as well.

Amazon SES can be quite complicated to set up and integrate in to an existing application for someone who is not familiar with its concepts. Any email address that you plan to send emails from must go through a verification process which could take a while.

Anant
Manager in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

The go to choice for Email Marketing and Transactional Mailing

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: SES was our first choice as the word of mouth was very good. We use it for transactional emails only and so far the lightning fast services at extremely economical price has blown our minds.

SES is basically the best email service out there. We find it the most used service out of all of the Amazon Web Services suite. - Extremely cheap, $0.10 for 1000 emails is the cheapest in the industry. - Reliability is top notch. - Unlike other services, our emails don't end up in spam. SES has a great reputation. - Limit increase has to be applied for by support tickets, though the service is very fast. - Emails can base send from servers across the world . - The free quota for EC2 sent emails is great for startups and testing.

It can be a little complicated for non-IT professionals to set up. There is a manual support ticket opening process involved to gain production access, this can lengthen the process to start the email services.

Ashish
Software Engineer in India
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Cheapest Email Service I have ever used

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Amazon SES to send email notifications and verification links of our website. Amazon SES is reliable and fast delivery email service.

Amazon SES is a fast and very cheap transnational Email service. Amazon SES can send upto 14 email per second. Amazon SES allows you to send email in which from address can be your domain. It is so simple to set up and use. Amazon SES also provided detailed stats of your daily email. You get 62,000 free mail each month if you send mails using EC2 servers.

Amazon SES is a great email service but you need to make sure you don't exceed your bounce rate beyond 10% otherwise you will loose your ability to use this service.

Product Marketing Manager in India
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

Cost effective and extremely reliable

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has provided us the base of our email delivery. Pocket friendly and worth every penny you put into.

We have been using Amazon SES service right from the initial stages of our product journey. It is extremely reliable and has never failed us. I like the fact that we can track the emails sent, I use it for a lot of purposes. It has always been fast and robust, a must use. The best part of it being very cheap.

The implementation is not very fast, it did take a bit of time. But once you are up and running, it does not require a lot of maintenance.

Nicholas
Data Science Architect in VS
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers

Easy scalable email service

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have regular internal systems notifications successfully setup with AWS SES. It has integrated well into our code base, and is recommended as a service.

It's an easy to use email service that integrates well with any code base that you have setup, it is easy to use for systems notifications. It's also pretty easy for users to enable their email address to receive emails, which is a good feature to also avoid spam. The CLI and SDKs are also pretty easy to use and implement.

The email limits can be pretty small at first, which can be a nuisance when trying to setup internal notification systems.

Darshan
Darshan
Linux and Virtualization specialist. in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Serverless way to maintain Mail server on cloud

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have migrated all our on-prem solutions from local mail server to AWS SES which also helps us to keep a track on who is doing what and stop any unwanted activities

One of the best revolution in the history of cloud solution is Simple email service, It removes overhead of maintaining mail server on your datacenter

AWS SES has a limitation of sending 200 emails in 24 hours which is pretty low when iam running a campaign Though you can call support and increase it by giving justification

Beecher
Owner in VS
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers

Slightly steep learning curve but reliable email delivery

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm very pleased with SES so far. The free tier is enough for many to get by with, and it's very inexpensive with use beyond that.

Once I got it setup, it has worked perfectly without any continual maintenance. Emails are delivered quickly and don't end up in spam boxes at the recipient end.

It's not entirely straightforward to configure and the instructions aren't very intuitive for beginners. You'll need to set it up a few times for a couple domains to get the hang of it.

Data Analysis in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 11-50 werknemers

does a wonderful job , and reliably at the given price point especially when you have limited base

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it is one of the most reliable email services out there. it can save you money and help you for both internal dev and marketing.

this is probably the most inexpensive yet reliable bulk email tool out there in the market and competes head to head with mailchimp and others. aws ses is the classic case of set and forget, where once you are configured then you are good to go, no need for maintenance.

very limited service regions would be the biggest con. there is an initial limitation on how many emails you can send before you get approved

Chief Technology Officer in Canada
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Simple Email Service is Actually Simple

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use SES to provide a single point of e-mail delivery for out application servers, that allows us to have a stable delivery platform for all of our application needs.

Simple Email Service (SES) is a great solution that takes a lot of the hard work out of mail delivery.

There are silent limits to SES that need to be lifted by reaching out to support. This is both a reasonable step to combat spam, and a frustrating discovery for those with legitimate intentions.

AWS Developer( works for Coca-cola Company) in VS
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

World class Email communication tool for Marketing email or any

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall best and cheap email campaign service for Marketing/organizations.

Amazon SES is world class service from Amazon that provides mass email campaigns. very cheap to use cost. It is cloud based we no need to worry about infrastructure.Well documented. robust service.