Over Dameware

Gebruiksvriendelijke en betaalbare tool voor ondersteuning en IT-beheer op afstand voor Windows-, Mac- en Linux-platforms.

Meer informatie over Dameware

This avoids confusion with users that like to change systems without notifying IT. Dameware has a great integration with Solarwind's WebHelpDesk.

What I do not like is that when I keep an organized list of end point machines, it keeps losing my machine names and mixing them up.

Beoordelingen van Dameware

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Dameware heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 240 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Dameware eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (240)

Olie en energie

Well, its far better than RDP, VNC, or Teamviewer. But it has room for improvement.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It works well. I starting using the product in 2006 after we had an issue with a VNC install getting brute-forced. No more VNC for me. What led me to the product was honestly frustration with the licensing model that Team viewer uses, and also their recent hack. Team viewer makes you buy the product, every SINGLE version release. You can't buy maintenance and support in perpetuity. Yes, on domain, its a great product. You can access management tools, run remote commands, and loads of of admin functions. Fortunately they also license per tech, so that cuts down on end user fees.

I want single sign on. Honestly, that would really improve the product. We have many remote sites with satellite only. I really wish I could throttle down the bandwidth demand and sacrifice screen quality.

Charles
System Administrator in VS
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A secure program that gets the job done.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Over all, my experience with DameWare has been great. It lets me get my daily job done, let's me fix issues my users are having without having to go all over campus to track down each user, which means I can get more done in a day. The chat feature while you are doing a session is also fantastic especially if phone calls are not an option.

Love how easy it is to use. Am able to get a session started with in a few seconds of opening the application. I use this program daily, and would not be able to get done what I need to do without it. Love that it allows me to see from the customers perspective while still having access to the admin token if needed for elevated action.

It does seem to have issues with screen resolution on newer monitors/monitors that high higher resolution such as 2k. You have to take a few extra steps to force the lower resolution perspective, which, although isn't all that often we run into it, it is annoying that we have to disconnect from the session to apply those changes and then log back in.

James
IT Infrastructure Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Survey does not work, IE or FireFox you cannot click on the stars, kinda speaks to the software.

1,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There are no benefits to this software anymore. There are so many other vendors with much better software that cost a lot less. Licensing model for this software is the worst. We are differently looking at other software and will make the change as soon as possible. This goes for our other SolarWinds software too. No support, no updates, no fixes, just a phone call every month on buying stupid add-ons or lets renew 2 years early and save 10%. OMG just stop.

Not much now-a-days. Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over.

Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over. Extremely over priced and licensing is still broken. Complained about this for years, but SolarWinds will not fix it because they only care about making money not making the software work with the licensing. The competitive software is becoming more and more attractive. 1/10 the price, for life, and they have added the features everyone wants. Plus they want to hear from you on how to make it better. Another CON too many sales staff, I think I have been contacted by 20 different people in the last 3 years, are you kidding me, one person that is all we need. But again SolarWinds is only geared to make money nothing else. Update: After you click submit then the stars are enabled to be clicked on.

Stefanos
Customer Service Manager in Griekenland
Detailhandel, 10.000+ werknemers

Excellent Remote Desktop Control and Management with Dameware

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Dameware has been positive. It is a great tool for remote desktop control and management and is relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Dameware is an excellent remote desktop control and management software. It is easy to use and has a wide range of features that allow users to access and control computers remotely. It also has a secure data transfer protocol which ensures the safety of confidential files and data during remote access. Furthermore, it is highly customizable and allows users to set specific user control and access levels.

One negative aspect of Dameware is that it is more expensive than some of its competitors. Additionally, the user interface can be a bit clunky and difficult to use for beginners.

Abdullah
IT Support Enginer in VK
Werving en selectie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Amazing simple Support Tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Pretty happy with the Tool due to it's simple interface

Simple to Use and pretty robust. Never had any issues with it

Due to being simple you get less features than other remote tools e-g Bomgar

Sergey
Sales Engineer in Rusland
Automotive, 10.000+ werknemers

Dameware review

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Good product

This SW helped solve many issues with my laptop. You need only inform to IT your IP.

Not all SW you can install or correct through it. There are some SW in corporate laptop you need connect to corporate network directly.

Mike
Mike
Director of IT and Telecom in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers

Dameware was great, now it's a pain

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall we were very happy with the cost savings versus LogMein. It's not as robust as LMI, but it does what we need it to do (remote control, command prompt, file transfer, multi-screen support) and to support over 100 computers with two concurrent use licenses, about $1100 a year. However, now every tech has to deal with getting a code sent to their desktop app or phone before they can remote into any of OUR computers. As a feature we could enable, fine. Forced on us - unacceptable!

Cost structure. I can license by the tech, not by the computer. And the cost is not that high per tech (concurrent use licensing model). Remote control of client computers is easy and works well. File transfer also works well. Fairly full featured, especially in this price range.

Dameware (SolarWinds) now requires two-factor authentication (mandates!) for me to remote into my own computers. My authentication methods for access to my computers is my business. This is very dictatorial and heavy-handed, and it makes no sense. My credit union does not mandate two-factor authentication, but Dameware does?! I would think twice about deploying this product at this point. It's hard to place such an agent on every computer you wish to remote into. I'm pretty much stuck at this point, with over 100 computers I would have to touch. I may yet switch products though, SolarWinds is not customer-centric at this point.

Samson
Samson
Senior IT Analyst in Canada
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers

Dameware -Silent install

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Dameware remote installation can truly be a life saver when users encounter video issue. However, license and client stability is an issue and the program itself is not as polished as its competitors

Dameware is a true diamond for any IT Support staff, software can be installed on the client machine remotely without any user intervention. This is especially useful for us when user has a video issue (usually due to video card/drivers) and the remote client wasn't already pre-installed. In such situation, user would not be able to help installing or access any site to start the connection. As long as the machine is reachable, IT staff can remotely install dameware client, install and configure the video driver for the user and issue resolved within minutes.

Dameware license is not cheap, at least I find LogMeIn Pro is cheaper. Sometimes Dameware client on the remote machine needs to be reinstalled. I don't think I ever encounter situation like this with LogMeIn or Teamviewer

Tim
Tim
IT Technician in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

Offers a ton of features to aid in remote desktop support!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Dameware is a well made remote support tool that has a lot of customization options available. It works smoothly on most PCs and has a great customer service team ready to help if needed.

I like all of the customization that this software offers. It seems to work really well with most operating systems and makes remote assistance a breeze. It takes minimal resources to run smoothly as well.

It seems like our version of Dameware Remote Support doesn't work well with the Windows 10 operating system. The graphics are very choppy and shows a slight delay.

IT Director in VS
Mijnbouw en metalen, 51-200 werknemers

I have used Dameware and its worth the money and then some.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: No monthly fees, one you buy its yours per tech no matter if he uses more than one PC. Able to start and stop or even install and delete services, there is remote commnad prompts, remote screen control, and many more features.

Dameware is so powerful giving you insight in to services, allowing for remote command prompts, attaching to PC's in and out of your network, single pane of glass, and so much more.

I wish i could be on my laptop outside company and like a logmein hit any computer anywhere with in my company as a admin

IT Director in VS
Mijnbouw en metalen, 51-200 werknemers

An essential tool is every admins arsenal

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can be connected to multiple PC's at once including servers, with full console level access. I can lock the remote mouse and keyboard. Dameware Remote Support has allowed me to be in many places at once. End user support experience is great, and server support is good as well. I can select multiple domains and setup favorite machines, for those trouble spots we all know we have. The ability to have access to the registry, logs sessions and shares and much more has enabled me countless hours saved.

The licensing is good. I get to install on my desktop and laptop as one user license. It is Active Directory connected so you have easy access to every client on your network including servers. You get full console level control, plus other features like being able to from the Remote support console stop services, look at event logs and even run remote command line scripts.

The graphical emulator is flaky on certain older video cards, there is no outside in remote support like LogMeIn. From the inside out you can get to clients and from inside to inside you are good, but if i am on the road or on vacation and wanted to for example use a connection with out vpn access, LogMeIn provides me a way in, Dameware does not.

Brian
IT Support Analyst in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Feature packed support platform!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Dameware allows our support technicians to quickly connect with remote users PC's for troubleshooting and assistance. 99% of remote connections issues are easily resolved using the remove/install service option from within the Dameware console. Dameware along with its NT Utilities suite has allowed us to streamline our support process reducing trouble ticket SLA while increasing customer satisfaction.

Pulls network and PC info from Active Directory. Easy to setup and customize your support experience. Support for mulitiple domains as well as connection to non AD computers. Full service portal allows Technical Support Professionals to troubleshoot and assist remote PC's with few limitations. I support multiple sites with over 300 workstations per site, Dameware is always my initial go-to software for remote support over local network as well as VPN. Hands down one of the best remote support suites I have used.

Cons for this software are far and few between. I would like to see the ability to chat with user at remote PC from within Dameware.

Chong
IT Technician Supervisor in VS
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great software and beats other competitors!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Virtual RDP, assisting users from all departments, better way to see the problem over a virtual screen, saves the long walk across the floor when an issue can be rectified within a few minutes.

The ability to export your (Saved Host List) onto a .json file and migrate it to a new computer! The ability to view the entire Active Directory list of computers! The MRC Ping feature, love how we can use that ping and connect feature! The ability to set permissions required on connect for certain host of computers.

On a user that has dual screens, required to switch from screen 1 and 2. The way the old version auto-created a host into your host list when typing over a saved (computer) on your host list, on the new version you are required to click (+New) then type in a computer name, by mistake sometimes we tend to type in a computer name when Dameware loads and mistakenly erase a saved host computer, a bit frustrating at most.

Lisa
Systems Administrator in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Like this software a lot

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have a checklist of things to do upon arriving at work, and being able to do them from my workstation is far more efficient than having to do them from the server. So, Dameware has made my access to the server highly efficient and I'm more productive using it.

I like that it was pretty easy to purchase, install, and update. I like the user interface, and it's easy knowing when a new version has been released (good email communication) and then to update the version (and to renew). I don't use it to access my coworkers' workstations, but just to access the server from my workstation, which is all I need. We're a small business, and if I have to see something on another workstation, it's better for me to go to it, as often there are environmental variables that should get my attention as well (say, the plant on the shelf over the workstation).

Stephen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

We have been using Dameware for a few years now and find it extremely dependable and effective.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software has allowed our teams to remotely manage thousands of endpoints remotely and effectively. The cost savings which this application provides is outstanding when you compare it to other solutions and the amount of resources you would normally have to utilize in order to get the same amount of work done.

We have found that the software allows us to perform many functions remotely. The features within the product also enable our teams to collaborate w/ technicians in the field. By using Dameware we are able to reduce the amount of resources utilized by managing and troubleshooting remotely. The cost of this product is also very adequate for the amount of services it provides.

I feel that the product is great, but it could use better training tools for first time users. Such as video tutorials and guides that are readily available from the application itself.

Information Management Specialist in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

very good, except for licensing

Opmerkingen: remote administration

I like the ease of use and the quality of the product.

licensing without a doubt- every year it wants to talk to the mothership; our systems are behind a proxy and when we have 50 (or however many there are, probably more) that can't phone home and need to be authorized manually - and they have to be done by the person on whose SolarWinds account they are\were purchased on... it is a nightmare and we are looking at other products that don't make us jump through these hoops. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS the amount of trouble this is. I have been using DameWare - I actually was the person who talked this company into buying it about 15 or so years ago - for a long time and the licensing is going to make me switch. Sad.

MIS Manager in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

Great for a beginner- Has lots of room for improvement

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Installs on first use of connection. Nothing to push or install before use. Not really sure if there is anything "LIKE MOST" as this is the software that was given to me upon my arrival. Good for someone starting out in providing remote support as the monthly cost is low.

I feel it is clunky and a little antiquated compared to other tools on the market. There is no integration (except AD) that I can find with other tools or software. Many of the commands do not work in a large enterprise environment. We currently service over 500 endpoints and this software is just one of the many tools. Would like to see more integration into AD You get what you pay for.

Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 501-1.000 werknemers

Powerful remote desktop management

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Quickly troubleshoot remote desktops with this software. You will recover your costs quickly with saved time with this software.

I like the speed and ease of using this software. It has saved us hundreds of hours by giving us a quick tool to troubleshoot end user issues without having to go onsite. It's more than just a remote desktop connection, you get multiple authentication options and can maintain connects, sign in/out, etc. all while staying connected to the remote computer.

We discovered some Windows 10 compatibility issues with our current version that we are working through (mostly by upgrading to the latest version).

Kylie
Infrastructure Analyst in VS

Exceptional software, a must have for any IT Professional

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Cannot recommend this software enough, definitely worth the money. Being able to remote into an end users computer to troubleshoot issues/assist users, install software, etc. Has saved trips to come back onsite after hours, provided us a place to verify software installed and versions of software, verify and gather installed printer info, remote command line, even remote registry on the remote system. Most everything a system admin or support would need for troubleshooting is right at your fingertips to perform remotely.

This software doesn't solve the issues by itself (of course we'd be out of a job if it did), but in all seriousness it's a great software there really are no cons. One thing with the version we are running anyway is that once licensed under a particular user on the machine it is installed on, the software always has to be run as that user on that machine. This may be changed now however.

Database Administrator in VS
Horeca, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

This is a very organized virtual support tool to enable IT professionalsto quickly assist customers.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Seemless and organized remote support capabilities from one source application.

I love the organization inbuilt into this program as well as the ability to access management tools directly from this computers entry in the directory. if i need logs from a machine i just pull them from dameware. if i need to drop to a console of a remote machine i dont have to rdp in first to then open a command prompt.

This software requires you to manually login to the remote machine if no one is logged in. Single Sign on capabilities are rather limited with this software solution.

Richard
IT Supervisor in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great remote software

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Able to remote into a end users computer quickly even when they are not right at there desks. can troubleshoot issues over 7 buildings without having to go to each one. Always fast and very few issues using the program.

Easy to remote software. Pretty easy setup and installation. Don't need any end user intervention why remoting into a desktop machine.

Sometimes take a litte time to populate all the computers that we have in active directory. Nothing really I dislike about the software.

Sebastien
Lead Analyst Programmer in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Best remote assistance tool

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My favorite computer admin tool to use, easy, fast, can't do without it!

Being able to connect to a computer without having to log in on that computer is the best feature. I allows for quick observation of the users problems, allows connection if no one is attending to the remote device and you don't want to and can't log out the current user.

Nothing really, the interface could use some updating maybe, it works great but still has that Windows 98 look to it kind of.

ryan
sr systems analyst in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Awesome and easy to use; troubleshooting made easy by visualizing

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Visualization is a necessity in IT to efficiently troubleshoot end user experience. Often times the verbal explanation isn't what appears to be the actual error or problem compared to when observed with visuals. Connection is always stable, never had an issue.

Ease of use. Recall of IP/hostname. Dual display view and more. Configurable. Secured. Ping feature is cool, simple yet powerful during reboot.

Annoying encounters of old and new clients/agents not installed; other annoying errors during connection. A bit expensive per license.

Cad Manager/IT Analyst in VS
Architectuur en planning, 201-500 werknemers

It's a solid helpdesk program at a fair price

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As mentioned before it tracks and reports what we need tracked and reported.

It does what I need it to do, tracks tickets, solutions, assets, hardware, and software, and generates clean reports from that information.

Tech support is terrible, I've submitted 2 tickets recently regarding an upgrade and have heard nothing back. Every few months it will randomly stop pulling email, easily remedied, but I don't like my users to have to wait for a resonse.

Todd
Owner in VS
Computernetwerken, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Use this product on a daily basis (in conjunction with N-Able) to provide support to all my client

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use the product in conjunction with Solarwinds N-Able on a daily basis to provide my MSP clients support. Some of the clients I have chose not to purchase 24/7 monitoring so for those I use DameWare quite often for desktop support phone calls.

The agent seems to be very non-invasive on the client PC. Full desktop experience (reboot, command line, Wake On LAN etc...)

When I run up against a firewall that will not allow the agent to install. There is very little that I don't like.