Gemiddelde scores

4,7 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,3 /5

Over PayPal

PayPal helpt meer dan 17 miljoen bedrijven met betalings- en kredietoplossingen.

Meer informatie over PayPal

19.340 reviews worden weergegeven

Lisa P.
Self employed
Luxeartikelen en sieraden, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 13-1-2021

"PayPal review"

Opmerkingen: Since integrating PayPal with my personal and business affairs my life has been less stressful. I never go to a bank anymore because there is no need as PayPal has made everything available for online transactions. Overall my experience has been extremely helpful and relieves the amount of stress caused by financial transactions and banking.

Pluspunten: PayPal has been a life saver to me as it makes money transfers and online transactions easy and fast with no wait time. Navigation through PayPal is so simple a five year old could do it. I am able to do business with all my other business colleagues on or offline effortless. There is even an option for automatic transfer so it’s a complete no brained. Also investing in cryptocurrency with the touch of a finger is absolutely brilliant. Instead of your money just sitting there you can invest it and watch it grow.

Minpunten: To be honest there is nothing I can say about PayPal that they could improve on except maybe more businesses should use them so as to be as accessible as say Visa or MasterCard however I have noticed that is rapidly changing so really I have no complaints thus far and I have used PayPal for a couple of years now.

• Beoordeeld op 13-1-2021
Andrew B.
Resturant Server
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-2-2020

"PayPal cuz ya gotta..."

Opmerkingen: PayPal is always going to be a mover-and-shaker in the internet finance sector and if you're just sending money to your friends and family or stacking a few bucks to pay for stuff online PayPal is a good option. For me doing business with PayPal has been easy but If you're a medium-to-large sized company maybe you should look for a business account elsewhere.

Pluspunten: PayPal is one of those things ya almost gotta have. All these new digital credit cards coming out that mask your numbers is old newus as far as PayPal is concerned. They pioneered not only digital currency but gave us a format on how-to buy things online. These new marketplaces (letgos, offerups, Facebook marketplace) really owe PayPal a debt of gratitude of for making us comfortable to purchase online. In addition to the privacy PayPal offers they also make it easy for you to send and receive money especially to your friends and they don't charge you anything. You can get a free cash card which is cool and you can also use card to accept payment for your small business.

Minpunten: PayPal does require a lot of background if you were to open up an account and get a cash card. They do close people down for practically nothing and they will freeze assets for an undetermined amount of time if anything is questioned. Also there so in bed with eBay that if eBay doesn't like something about you or your account they can freeze assets as well. They have a pretty weak offers category where you can get some discounts but they're not all that great and neither is there discount on shipping. And why don't they have their own check cashing division being so big, why use Ingo?

• Beoordeeld op 29-2-2020
Maciej M.
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021

"Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle."

Opmerkingen: Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pluspunten: PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Minpunten: Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

• Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021
Karabo M.
Managing Director
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-3-2021

"My use of PayPal(Digital Wallet)"

Opmerkingen: It has made purchasing easy and reliable mostly with on line shopping. receiving payments from customers across the world is no fast and reliable.

Pluspunten: The security measure your personal banking details are protected from hackers. You can put in double authentication measures to make sure you are using the proper PayPal account. cashback on certain cards( America Express card). I earn money back on my purchases. last but no least the PayPal Offers they might not last all year round but they do come in handy.

Minpunten: Losing access to one of the biggest consumer rights protection(Section 75 of the consumer credit act).
The Inactivity Fee if I haven't used my account for a certain period of time I get charged.
it's very difficult to use it in shops its not reliable in some retail shops.
The Conversion rate is not fantastic.

Anna V.
Student
  • Beoordeeld op 18-2-2021

"Helping a College Student get by"

Opmerkingen: Overall, the convenience and easy use for PayPal is what sold me on the app. I like how easy it is to do business transactions and how easy it is to transfer money between myself and others.

Pluspunten: PayPal is widely used for multiple reasons. I started using PayPal because it was easier to transfer money with my roommate when one of us would buy dinner or pay rent. I also shop online frequently and many stores have the option to pay using PayPal. I have my card linked to it so if I did not have my bank card with me it was convenient to pay by PayPal and they would take the money from my bank. Recently I also been using PayPal for business purposes and I like how the buyer and seller are protected. I have had issues where my order never came, or I was scammed and PayPal helped resolve the issue so I did not lose any money.

Minpunten: There really is not any cons with this app. The process to complete a claim for a refund can take a little long, but others companies take about the same time. There is a fee to instant transfer but it is not that much depending on the amount you are transferring.

• Beoordeeld op 18-2-2021
Abby B.
  • Beoordeeld op 15-12-2020

"The most affordable invoicing option for small businesses"

Opmerkingen: Hands down, the best option for a new business getting started out. You can create professional invoices and track all of your income in one place, for free.

Pluspunten: There are tons of options that come with the basic Business Plan, all with no monthly or annual fee - just the 2.8% per transaction. You can setup recurring invoices, monthly, annually, AND Quarterly! Set it and forget it! You can print or PDF the invoices and email them and "Share link myself" so your clients can pay by check and then you pay NOTHING to PayPal.

Minpunten: There's no option for ACH debit, but for no monthly or annual fee, that's nothing.
The reports are a little tricky. Sometimes it's hard to find a report that includes ALL of the invoices sent out, including those who paid by another method not through PayPal. It's in there, it's just not easy to find.

• Beoordeeld op 15-12-2020
Iván G.
Software engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

"Easy for the customers, a bit expensive for the business"

Opmerkingen: I recommend using Paypal if you are targetting an international audience or if you are new in the market and need an extra boost in confidence for your users. If you are going to sell only in your country, it's better to just use a bank gateway and save a lot of money in commissions.

Pluspunten: Paypal is the most extended payment system, so it will provide confidence and security to the users. It's easy to implement since they provide many tools, even an API for more complex integrations.

Minpunten: Everything comes with a price and Paypal is no exception. Their commissions are very high if we compare them to standard bank gateways. Their support staff is not very helpful sometimes.

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021
George A.
Accountant
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-1-2021

"PayPal a stress-free mode of paying and receiving"

Opmerkingen: Overall paypal has been a good software for my usage such as easy access, very good for payment and receiving payments

Pluspunten: Easy access to the software
Friendly to use
Doesn't need a technical help more often
Very convenient
Easy access everywhere with you

Minpunten: Issues with pre-approved payments & subscriptions sometimes

• Beoordeeld op 16-1-2021
Paulo F.
Partner - Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-12-2020

"Need to accept payments abroad? USE PAYPAL!"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is great. It offers a great platform and it is easy to use.

Pluspunten: Paypal is a well-known payment processing platform and can be used to accept payments from other countries with all of the security that a bank offers. It is really easy to generate invoices and followup up on charges. You can add credit cards to your account and make payments directly from your card.

Minpunten: Basically higher fees than other payment platforms.

• Beoordeeld op 18-12-2020
Matthew B.
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-2-2021

"Works for the Caribbean"

Opmerkingen: This allows you to quickly integrate payment into your website and contains a number of helpful test cases to get you up and running quickly. In my personal life I also use this to send funds to friends and family in the absence of banking integrations.

Pluspunten: It is one of the few methods in the Caribbean of getting payments from popular eCommerce sites. They have several options of cashing out that are flexible for us Caribbean people including cheques that are mailed to you.

Minpunten: The fees for transactions are a BIG factor in more businesses not adopting this and integrating it into our site. It takes quite a bit off the payment and when operating on slim margins it will be a deal breaker.

• Beoordeeld op 17-2-2021
Ozlem P.
Business Consultant
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-3-2021

"Easy way to transfer money"

Opmerkingen: By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pluspunten: I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Minpunten: The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

• Beoordeeld op 20-3-2021
Alex B.
Branding Consultant
  • Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

"Paypal is extremely beneficial for my business and my clients prefer the convenient payment system"

Opmerkingen: Overall I am highly satisfied with Paypal and the encrypted payment method that it provides my clients. I can send them invoices quickly and the email contains a link for them to pay the invoice immediately. They don't even need to have a Paypal account which is also a big plus since some of my clients don't directly have Paypal. They are able to pay for services as guests. Very convenient and very well built software.

Pluspunten: As a small business it was always difficult for me to accept credit cards from clients who requested to pay their invoices via card. Before using paypal I actually occasionally had to request they send a check which not only wasn't ideal for my client but it wasn't ideal for my business since the check could take a week or longer to arrive and then another 3-7 days to clear.
Finally I decided to setup and utilize paypal and I haven't looked back since. Paypal is a trusted vendor that my clients don't have an issue putting in their credit card information. The funds are sent almost instantly and I am able to link my paypal account to my business account.
It even provides the preferred shipping address and comments for clients who purchase something that includes a product to be shipped.
I highly recommend Paypal and couldn't be happier with their service.

Minpunten: There is not a lot to dislike about Paypal. My only complaint would be that the fees paypal charges tend to be slightly higher than other services. But compared against setting up the ability to receive credit cards through a bank, or building out a secure payment method on the website in house it is much more efficient. So even that is relative.

• Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021
Ritchie F.
Producer
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 9-3-2021

"The Perfect Tool for Reimbursements"

Opmerkingen: I have used PayPal for more than a decade and it is my favorite money sharing application. It is a key part of my production tool kit.

Pluspunten: The most impressive feature of PayPal is the ease to send money at no fee and how widespread it is used. In film and television production we have a lot of money that needs to be spent out of pocket, which can be hard fro people. PayPal is the perfect tool for reimbursing people or sending them upfront spending money to be used on props, wardrobe, hard drives, etc. PayPal makes it very easy to clam people by sharing money quickly and in an efficient way. PayPal also makes it easier to pay someone via a company credit card if a vendor invoices using the software.

Minpunten: One con of using PayPal is when someone requests money the wrong way, then there can be a fee involved (if someone invoices instead of requesting). This is easy to work around when needed by being clear how the company/production is using PayPal and why we are using it for reimbursments.

Archna S.
Special Correspondent
Mediaproductie, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-2-2021

"PayPal is my only choice for international payments."

Pluspunten: I like the popularity of PayPal and that it has a huge user base, so if the support team isn't helping on time we can still get help from the PayPal user community.
PayPal is the most secured global payments gateway and nothing unauthentic can happen with our funds. With years of experience with PayPal, I can say that the website of PayPal is very responsive and very well made that can never crash or cause issues because of its very good optimization.
The PayPal app for mobile devices is also very secure, has all the required features, runs very fast and has a great user friendly interface.
When I work as a freelancer for overseas clients, PayPal is my only choice to receive payments and because PayPal supports a lot of currencies, I can receive money in any currency and get it converted to my local currency.
PayPal can also be integrated with our organization's websites very easily with its API integration technology. Our organization also uses PayPal to pay for international shipments of goods and inventories for our organization.
I use PayPal to make payments for various international services, I can hide my payment info and card details from non-trusted merchants by paying through PayPal. Another best thing is that I get Buyer Protection, means PayPal will help me if my transaction goes wrong or if the service or item I received is damaged or not satisfactory to me.
There's a feature by which I can request money from anyone using their email ID linked with PayPal.

Minpunten: PayPal is best fitted for sending and receiving funds internationally, but is not as good for Domestic Payments because it is very less popular among local vendors and merchants in India. The currency conversion rate of PayPal is also very high and we have to face a huge loss when receiving money internationally. There's also a big problem with PayPal that is, it suspends our accounts temporarily if we use a new device to login or a new IP address and getting our account back to working takes really a lot of time. Their Support service is also very poor, most of the times they just copy paste solutions from their own FAQs and most of the solutions aren't even relevant to our queries. I wonder if they even read our queries properly.

• Beoordeeld op 26-2-2021
Lee A.
Entrepreneur
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 25-2-2021

"Excellent Online Payment Option with a High Level of Security"

Opmerkingen: I'm very happy using this service in general since 2013 and it helped me to get paid for the services my company offer and also, helped me to send money and I made hundreds of PayPal transactions and I never had any problem.
I will keep using it, and I will recommend it to anyone who's looking for a payment service with the best options and an excellent support team available 24/7.

Pluspunten: I like it because It's a free option to receive and send payments anywhere in the world.
Thanks to the website intergradation especially with Shopify I'm able to get payments through PayPal.
The android app is amazing to manage everything in one place and also, I use it to send money without any problems.
I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my first choice when I pay something online because if something wrong happen I have the option to ask PayPal for a refund and I will get it without any problem.
PayPal Protect buyers one than any other Payment services and I really full I'm safe and protected from scammers online and I can't trust any Payment provider like I trust PayPal.
Transaction time is very fast compared to most banks I have used and I'm very happy with the great job they do.
I like using PayPal to pay for goods and services online and I really find the "pay with credit card" option very helpful because I don't need to put my credit card details in some websites.
I use PayPal for ease but, It also makes me feel safe using it and the best thing is they never held any of my funds when we use PayPal for business and I get the funds in my account once the product is shipped to the customer.
PayPal support team is great and very helpful because one time I had a problem and I emailed them to fix it and they called me within 24 hours and fixed it in a few minutes.

Minpunten: The fees is a little higher compared to some payment services but, It's not a deal breaker since you will get more value compared to those platforms.
I hope in the future they will add more options and features to the android app.
I hope they can add an option to tell us how much money the receiver will get when we send a payment including the fees.

• Beoordeeld op 25-2-2021
Freelancer
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 27-2-2021

"Great to Use as a Freelancer"

Opmerkingen: It's a site and tool that I've been using for years and will continue to do so. For international purchases, it quickly connects your bank account and you can pay with a few clicks which makes life so much easier. From my experience, it's also safe and will be great if it gets introduced as a payment method by more local stores as well. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to move your money or pay online, highly recommended.

Pluspunten: I used PayPal for years in getting money earned from Fiverr to my local bank account. It's such an easy and straightforward tool that I always recommended it to other sellers as well, as opposed to one of the competitors which at the time had very limited features. Easy to use, user-friendly and works great in making that connection between freelancing platforms and bank accounts. Even more, I also used it a lot in ordering online as it was very advantageous when I didn't want to wait for the bank to process the transfer..

Minpunten: Although I rarely had issues with PayPal, I did one time experience a very difficult situation as my account had to be verified by bank statements or bills that should show the address that I live at with my name on it. The bank that I was working on didn't have that option to include address and as a student at the time I didn't have any bills with the address on my name which made it very difficult. Took a lot of back and forth with customer support which is why I would recommend to have more options available to verify users rather than the standard ones which don't apply to any location world wide. However, this was just one time issue and every other interaction with PayPal has been highly positive.

• Beoordeeld op 27-2-2021
Chris B.
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-2-2021

"Online Payments"

Opmerkingen: All in all PayPal favors the buyer because they have risk by not doing so. This means that as a seller you have to fight to win appeals. Its a bit frustrating when it can be completely a buyers fault but they still side with the buyer to avoid a charge back from the credit card companies. Other than unscrupulous buyers and the appeals process - the company is solid and reliable. It is used all over the world so you don't usually have a hard time finding a place that takes PayPal. PayPal is great as an extra layer of insurance on the products you buy. They have a pretty robust money back guarantee on fraud so you can count on them to back up your purchase. They have two costing models. One is for the higher volume business transactions and the other is for families sending money or charities etc.

Pluspunten: Both the mobile app and the desktop application are very easy to use. The interface is user friendly and and intuitive. There are also personalized mini links you can give people to send their money to which is a handy feature that doesn't see the acclaim that it should. The apps themselves can store as much or as little data as you would like. The less data you keep on filed there though the more you have to enter in with each buy. Your information is easy to navigate through in some simple menu selections and a few clicks you can pretty much navigate everywhere on this site. On your mobile device you can set it up for express pay and you can keep your own personal profile up to date for payments for personal or business. All in all its very easy to use software.

Minpunten: The fee structure if you're not a trusted vendor can feel a bit trapping as there is a mandatory wait period before they will release your money to you. There is no way within the software to expedite the process and there is no easy way to contact PayPal in this manner. The other issue with the app is that once you enter in a debit card number or a credit card number the app won't let you remove it until they are clear that your account is clear.

• Beoordeeld op 28-2-2021
Dominique S.
Transcriptionist and Resume Writer
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021

"PayPal saves me as a Freelancer"

Opmerkingen: PayPal has been perfect for me as a self-employed freelancer. I am happy that I chose it over the other options. I love how I can track all my expenses, incoming payments (which is all work-related income), and keep track of deductibles when it comes time for tax season. Also, PayPal provides self-employees with their 1099 tax forms and emails you your annual report of your finances for taxes.

Pluspunten: I am a self-employed freelancer, so PayPal is essentially my paycheck every time I get paid. I am so grateful for PayPal. My money gets transferred to my bank for free within 1-3 business days without hassle. I have a constant inventory of all my income and spending because of it. Tax time is a breeze and extra easy with PayPal. I truly appreciate it. Sending money is easy and allows you to create a cute card or message to go along with it. Also, you can easily send gift cards. I appreciate how PayPal saves all the names/image of the people you've sent or received money from in an easily seen location on the dashboard. That makes it easy to either resend money to the same person, or request money if need-be.

Minpunten: My one and only complaint about PayPal is that when I originally signed up, I was signing up as a personal profile. Eventually, my PayPal ended up becoming for business use only, BUT PayPal doesn't allow you to edit your username so I'm stuck with the same name. I can't get a new PayPal because it's connected to all my information with my business including my email, etc. So, this is really a huge, huge inconvenience and frankly, an embarrassment for me.

• Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021
Tyler W.
Freelancer
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

"Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating"

Opmerkingen: Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pluspunten: I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly. Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the link to the invoice, or send to their email. Having these options are so vital, because each client may have different preferences. Transferring money to friends and family is 100% free of charge, and very easy to use (especially on the mobile app). So many marketplaces and online shops nowadays have PayPal integrated which is great, as it can speed up the checkout process, while providing an extra layer of protection from your card or other payment methods being compromised you wouldn't have otherwise.

Minpunten: Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use. The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized. No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes. No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator / calculator. I'd love to see how much PayPal will take from the total transaction of a business invoice. I always find myself using a third party tool to calculate the fees, which takes time away from getting invoices out quick. The money in / money out side panel on the dashboard. I feel it can be combined into one, and don't care much for the "At a glance" displaying recent invoices section as I normally go to the manage invoice page to see everything I need. No "Send Money" button below balance. Would love to see an additional button right below the PayPal balance box on the dashboard, and have it labeled as "Send Money"

• Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021
Tiffany J.
Owner, Jewelry Designer, Website Designer, Jewelry Maker,
Luxeartikelen en sieraden, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 31-1-2021

"Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

Pluspunten: I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

Minpunten: The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

• Beoordeeld op 31-1-2021
Kleding en mode, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2021

"Best Money Management for me Personally and with my business"

Opmerkingen: I love this business solution. I don't know how i would have grown so fast without this service. PayPal was easy to set up when I started my business. After 5 years this is still my first choice to take credits cards in my store, on the go though Facebook and even my website. I even took advantage of the PayPal working capital loans to keep up with my growing business .

Pluspunten: Paypal makes everything easier: getting paid, sending money, sending invoices, buying supplies, using a credit card and having a credit card reader for my store and all my vendor shows on the go.

Minpunten: I wish the credit cards statements were easier to read and more streamlined with everyday charges, payments ( Debits and Credits) and fees. Also my credit card readers had an internal battery that only lasted 2 years. The new reader has to remain -plugged in not to have a delay in usage and the credit cards fees keep increasing over the years

Director of Marketing and Communications
Uitvoerende kunsten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2021

"PayPal easily connects our non profit business with donors."

Opmerkingen: For anyone trying to solve a purchase/payment problem without having a formal bank arrangement, this is a great solution. And its software can be included with almost every POS system we looked at.

Pluspunten: We needed away for our non-profit fundraising arm, which is separate, to sell product and collect funds for their initiatives, but with a paper trail that helps us document those donors and their activity. PayPal was very simple to integrate into our point-of-sale system, like it literally took one minute. The reporting and transaction history is thorough and allows for refunds, shipping, and every kind of documentation we need.

Minpunten: The portion that PayPal takes per transaction is a little high, for us, but we do see the value. It would be helpful if the organization (vs. a person) could have a log in, maybe with multiple users.

Michael N.
Marketing Export
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

"Simple payment provider, but with some limitations"

Opmerkingen: In general, we are nevertheless satisfied with PayPal. The service offers numerous payment methods (depending on the country) such as PayPal, credit card, bank transfer/Klarna, etc. The fees are higher than with other providers, but the service (especially the PayPal Express Checkout button) is simple and easy to set up - even for the inexperienced users with a little training.

Pluspunten: Signing up for PayPal Business is very easy, you have to provide some information about the business (owner, address, ownership shares, etc.) and you are ready to go. PayPal Business can be connected to existing shop solutions, or you can create a "PayPal Checkout" button yourself. We only wanted to sell one product, so we chose Paypal because of the Express Checkout button. With simple clicks you can specify design, price, VAT, etc. and receive a code snippet which you can easily integrate into an existing website.
The PayPal dashboard shows all the information about orders, allows you to add tracking information, etc. Transferring the amount to your own bank account is also very easy.
PayPal is offering a community support centre where you can find answers to almost any question you might have when trying to get started with PayPal Business.

Minpunten: As simple and popular as PayPal is, some things were incomprehensible to us:
- Getting started: even though PayPal offers extensive documentation for developers, it is hard to find your way around as a beginner at first. PayPal could be interesting especially for people who don't want to invest in a real shop and want to add a payment option for e.g. 2-3 products on their website with a few simple steps. Nevertheless, we have struggled with some problems (see below).
- Sandbox mode: this is a test environment which allows to test payments etc. How to exit the sandbox mode when creating the "code" was not properly described anywhere. In the sandbox mode, we were also unable to test whether buyers receive confirmation emails on the payments (this is also not described anywhere else) and what these look like.
- Blocked balance and tracking: PayPal blocks the paid money at the beginning, because PayPal wants to make sure that we are serious sellers. This is also ok. By providing the tracking information, the money is released within 1-2 days. We shipped via DHL, but DHL is not supported by PayPal as a parcel service, so we had to specify "Other" -> "DHL" (entered manually). However, the buyer received an email with the tracking number which was sent by "Other", which caused confusion among consumers.
- Support: the support usually answered our mails only after 1 week and without mail with added value. The mails were standard answers.

• Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021
Castro M.
IT Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020

"Best for Online Money Transfer"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience using PayPal has been awesome. I have managed to do online transactions with people located from different parts of the world. With PayPal, I can now do business with clients from any part of the world as I am assured of instant payments from PayPal.

Pluspunten: I like how secure PayPal is. This means that your money is only accessible to you and you alone. If anyone tries to log in to your PayPal account, PayPal with alert you immediately and they will even require the person logging into your account to verify themselves. I also like the fact that transactions on PayPal are instant. Once the sender clicks on send, the recipient receives that money immediately without any delays. For users residing in Kenya, PayPal has partnered with Safaricom's M-pesa. This makes it easy for them to withdraw money from PayPal to M-pesa, which is also instant. I also like the fact that I can link my local bank with PayPal and be able to withdraw my money from PayPal to bank.

Minpunten: What I like least about PayPal is the way they temporarily hold your money for no reason even if it is from a genuine source. This is not good at all. Some times someone might receive money send during an emergency and then PayPal just decides to hold it for 24 hours. I also do not like how PayPal suspends users accounts. If they are to do so, then it would have been good they get enough evidence before closing the accounts. Sometimes these accounts might be closed with money on them. It gets difficult convincing them to give you the money that was saved there before the account was suspended.

• Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020
Entrepreneur
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 9-12-2020

"Extremely Easy - Safe - The Future"

Opmerkingen: I would 100% recommend everyone to use Paypal as I believe their system will be the future to payments, especially after the pandemic ends and people are conscious about physical money and cards. Their new QR code payment system may become the norm in the coming years, similar to how the app WeChat is used for most online and in-person purchases in China. There are very few negatives to using Paypal in my own experiences.

Pluspunten: The user interface for Paypal is as simple as it gets. Instead of clicking on multiple tabs, everything a user needs to see is on the home page when they log in - send/request money buttons, recent transactions with users, account balance, Paypal credit balance (as well as available credit and minimum payment due date), and banks/cards that are connected.
The Paypal credit system is a huge plus - barring a credit limit, you can use Paypal Credit just like a credit card and pay off the credit over time (the first 6 months being interest free). This makes payments extremely easy if you have enough money to pay but are not comfortable completely paying everything at once.
Paypal is used on almost every online store which makes them extremely convenient to use compared to any other online payment system.
Another huge advantage to Paypal is the security - they will alert you immediately if there is suspicious activity and also have two factor authentication (which I think should be required if it isn't already).

Minpunten: In regards to livestreaming, some livestreamers had issues with people donating money to them, charging back the money to spite the streamer, and then Paypal would side with the people charging the money back. Streamers would then end up losing money since they had to pay fees on the chargebacks. As far as I know, this situation is better for streamers but I think Paypal should still listen to their consumers more about problems relating to this as it was an ongoing issue for a while.

• Beoordeeld op 9-12-2020