Good most of the time

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Stephanie M.
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I felt that when this worked, which was most of the time, it was a fabulous, easy tool tin training, but when it didn't function as it should, it was a frustrating waste of time.

Pluspunten: It was easy to use and kept track of which trainings you left off on and what was left to do. The courses were interesting for the most part, although some did overlap a bit.

Minpunten: Sometimes there would be a glitch in the program, so that if you were watching a video training and got almost to the end (some of these are long videos) and then the program or computer froze, or something else went wrong, you would have to start the video over from the beginning and let it play (hopefully it wouldn't stop again) before you could take your quiz to complete the training. One training session I had to start over 3 times. The program usually stopped when transitioning from video to in-video question choices. There was the option to check you learning so far by answering one question, or skipping the question, both of which were supposed to launch you back into the video, but this didn't always happen and you would have to start over. Out of about 30 training videos, it happened on four. As a teacher, it felt like it was wasting my already limited time by forcing me to redo the training when it stopped. I know 4 out of 30 isn't a lot, but it was very frustrating when there were other things that needed my attention too.

Great content, easy to use

Kristal B.
Secretary to the Director of Operations
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: There are lots of courses to choose from and integrates perfectly with School Bus Safety Company so we can use for most of our annual training.

Minpunten: There isn't an easy way to train substitutes and we have had trouble with bus drivers and other staff who do not have regular access to a computer completing additional training assigned throughout the year.

Efficient system to comply with state mandates

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018
Mary M.
HR Coordinator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In this large metropolitan school district, SafeSchools is an efficient way to comply with both district and government mandates for trainings.

Pluspunten: The software is very simple and straightforward to use, and the employees can easily access the trainings. Reports are clear and concise and provide excellent verification of employee compliance.

Minpunten: There have been no real troublesome issues.

Easy to Use Training Solution

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Shayna W.
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am able to complete required, recommended and sometimes optional educational training at my convenience, then track and submit my participation to assist HR with documentation and compliance.

Pluspunten: I appreciate that it offers a training solution that is flexible for educators and that helps meet the requirements of licensing and compliance. I have completed hours and hours of training at my own convenience that formerly would have taken me out of the classroom and away from the needs of students. It's easy for anyone who can operate a computer to use and is reliable.

Minpunten: From a user standpoint, it really doesn't have any flaws. I have not had any issues with it at all in multiple years of use.

Safe School training

Laurie M.
Secretary to the SBA/Board Secretary
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I like the program a lot because its easy to use as an administrator and also as a person who needs to do the training.

Pluspunten: What I like most about this software is the ease of assigning training to groups and being able to register or remove someone from the training.

Minpunten: I wish that a person could be listed in multiple groups which would make it easier to assign specific people to a specific course. An example would be having a teacher listed as a teacher and as a coach, so that when I need to assign the course on concussions to all my coaches, I don't have to go and do it individually, I could just click on coaches.

User Friendly

Human Resources Specialist/AA
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Exceptional! Customer service is hands down the best I've worked with!

Pluspunten: The ease of everything! I've worked with other On-line training programs and this is the best I've encountered. It is very easy to run reports and enter new hires.

Minpunten: The training library is rich with topics, however there needs to be something regarding Medicaid.

SafeSchools Review

Ann Z.
Curriculum, Instruction, and PD department
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, cost-effective means to deliver training to staff members.

Pluspunten: Ease of assigning courses, ease of creating customized courses, ease of entering new staff members.

Minpunten: For customized courses and offline courses, lack of interface to note attendance/completion. Relatively weak report customization - e.g. not able to do a report for district-wide compliance with NJ DOE requirement for 20 hours PD per staff member - need report listing individual, courses taken including time spent.

Every School in America needs this software!

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2018
Rick C.
Technical Assistant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This is as efficient as it gets, everything is in one nice and easy to access portal that makes tracking everything so simple and easy!

Minpunten: Like any software, there was some issues with learning how to utilize the software but this has proven to be such a useful tool for us.

Compliance made easy!

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2018
Stacey V.
LEA Business Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The compliance with numerous requirements and the ability to protect our district by requiring employees to sign off on the policies and trainings that have proven complex in the past has protected us from issues with personnel.

Pluspunten: I love the ease of use in setting up employees with their required trainings. The ability to implement customized trainings and utilizing quizes for those trainings as well makes SafeSchools a tremendous help in our Opening Day procedures.

Minpunten: There is really nothing about this software that I disliked.

Safe Schools Review

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Erin J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is a good program. It frees up time, specifically in education, by putting the trainings in an online format

Pluspunten: It is a good interface to put required trainings, especially in an area such as education. The trainings can be completed on your own time instead of taking up other precious time during the work day

Minpunten: The videos will kick you out if you fast forward through them too much. The videos are also the same year after year, so for those who have to do it yearly it gets a bit repetitive

Community School of Naples, an Independent PK-12 College Preperatory School averaging 200 employees

Dale P.
Employment Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are managing our safety training and compliance verification using this great system.

Pluspunten: Ease of set up is a big plus. Adding new staff is just a few clicks. This is very easy for employees to use. Reporting and tracking features make it very simple for us to follow up with those who have not completed mandatory trainings.

Minpunten: I found editing of existing training plans to be a bit cumbersome.

Thoughts from the Secretary who sets up the staff training

Elizabeth J.
HR Secretary and Customer Service
Human Resources, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The courses are thorough and meet many licensure and safety requirements.

Pluspunten: Our staff can access the training units easily and get their training done at their own pace.
Its nice you can send out group trainings and Safeschools sends out reminders.

Minpunten: The website changes more often than I like. This is a busy office so I don't really want to retrain myself on where to find things.

Easy accountability and training

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2018
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: From the user end, the videos are easy to watch and the quizzes generally cover the full training topic. They require a certain amount of time is spent on the task before moving on, therefore ensuring some level of accountability.

Minpunten: The multiple choice questions can sometimes be too easy and therefore not checking for a deep and applicable understanding of the material.

Safe Schools

CFO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This has helped our school! We are saving money by not having to have live speakers/trainers in to certify us each year on some items.

Pluspunten: Very Easy. Our entire business office and assistant to the Head of School have admin access. We all picked it up easily. So easy to run reports, etc.

Minpunten: I haven't found anything I dislike about the software and I'm equally pleased by all of the features

Makes Mandatory Training Work!

Marty M.
Ex Director of Learning Support and Partnerships
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We can verify which employees have completed required trainings and address individuals rather than send out blanket reminders.

Pluspunten: Safety and Compliance training is a must-do, but finding the time to schedule multiple sessions and finding the time to complete it can be a problem. I can work these trainings into my schedule and know that I'm getting the same content as my colleagues.

Minpunten: No problems for me. I know some get frustrated when the training stops to ask questions, but that enhances accountability from my standpoint.

very convenient

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019
Regina R.
Family Engagement Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My district uses this software to push out training courses to staff. We use this for state mandated yearly training like the blood born pathogens course.

Pluspunten: This is a internet based software that allows me to keep up with division training expectation any where I can get an internet connection.

Minpunten: Can be a little difficult to navigate through courses.

Meet Your Compliance Regulations with SafeSchools

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Director Of Administration
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: SafeSchools has been great in helping our school stay in compliance with state and federal regulations along with reporting on these requirements.

Pluspunten: SafeSchools makes it easy for our organization to deliver asynchronous training to meet key local, state, and federal compliance requirements. SafeSchools has saved us time from moving to an online platform for training modules as opposed to scheduling face-to-face training/meetings. Its administrative dashboard also makes reporting and accountability easy.

Minpunten: I would like to see SafeSchools expand its training modules to cover more elective training items as opposed to just focusing on mandates.

Safety Training

Assessment Coordinator/ Technology Teacher

Opmerkingen: School safety involving alergies, HIV/AIDS, bloodborne pathgens,

Pluspunten: I mostly appreciated that the training was online so that I could work on it when I had the time. The presentations were clear and to the point.

Minpunten: There were no cons as far as trainings go.

Athens

Walter D.
Compliance Officer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are able to meet our legal obligations in a stress free way.

Pluspunten: It allows us to meet the legal requirements and allows staff to do this on their own schedules.

Minpunten: I have no complaints and am very happy with it.

Easy to use.

Secretary
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to navigate through what you are doing

Minpunten: The fact that you have to go back to home to start next test, doesnt automatically start it.

Safe Schools Review from new user

Shelly S.
Director of Student Services
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The addition of Safe Schools has met our compliance training requirements and it very easy to manage from the district administration side.

Pluspunten: Love the courses, setting up training is very easy.

Minpunten: I find there is confusion in pulling reports, they are not very user friendly.

SafeSchools Training

Andrea B.
Asssitant Business Manafer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This is a great tool for tracking all of our safety and compliance training needs. They not only include many useful courses for a variety of subject areas but also all of the mandated PA specific training. It makes my job much easier with everything all in one place.

Minpunten: The custom courses are a little hard to work with but customer service is always there to give you a helping hand.

Great for saving time!

Lori F.
PD Coordinator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We assign a 6 hour block of videos to all our staff on compliance and they can earn a comp day over the summer from home, sitting by the pool, travelling or relaxing.

Pluspunten: It is so easy to assign videos and preview new content. It is also simple to add new users. I am also able to troubleshoot when situations arise.

Minpunten: I think it is a bit difficult to edit training programs and figure out which reports give you which information.

Overall School District Needs

Dave M.
Business Administrator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We appreciate the development team adding new topics that meet the changing needs of school business management. The development team evolves the software and topics to meet changing laws and legal requirements.

Pluspunten: The software is comprehensive in it training topics and it verifies and maintains logs of completed training by employee.

Minpunten: I can't think of any obvious issues to document.

Ease of Training

Chelsea G.
Counselor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's convenient to have all of our mandatory training(s) in one spot and the ease of use and the ability to individually complete the trainings makes it time-conscience for the busy start of the year.

Minpunten: Some of the training videos should be updated.