Gemiddelde scores

4,5 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,1 /5

Over Wave Accounting

Wave biedt eigenaren van kleine bedrijven een echte dubbele boekhouding die is geïntegreerd met de rest van de Wave-oplossingen, 100% gratis!

Meer informatie over Wave Accounting

1.056 reviews worden weergegeven

Kathy P.
Business Coach & Consultant
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

"Very Good alternative for invoicing customers"

Opmerkingen: Their invoicing system is easy to use and makes it easy for me to manage most of my clients.I look forward to trying out their accounting services. I decided to give Wave a try when my PayPal acct was on hold. I still use both.

Pluspunten: I have only used the invoicing part of this software. I love it for the most part. I =t is missing a feature or two

Minpunten: I found that I could not let my clients submit partial payments, or it wasn't clear on how to do it. Multiple payments was not flexible enough for my needs. I would have liked to be able to schedule the payments by specific date rather than genericall as ay, week, month, etc

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Felix J.
Auditor
Administratie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-9-2019

"A Solid Free Small Business Accounting Software"

Opmerkingen: It’s been a solid piece of cloud accounting software, albeit limited. It’s hard to beat the price of it, and I have yet to find a similar but more fully featured one at the price of FREE!

Pluspunten: I use Wave to keep track of my personal finances, from income to spending. In that lens, Wave performs quite well, allowing you to tag transactions that are automatically imported from your bank. It also lets you generate some simple reports such as your income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. The interface is simple to use and understand, and I was able to pick it up (coming from an accounting background) in under a few minutes, without having gone through a walkthrough. The included ability to reconcile statements is also quite handy and allows me to verify that all transactions are posted appropriately. The inclusion of receipt tracking and tagging is also quite handy! The best part about Wave is the price! If you don’t need features such as invoicing and payroll (some SMB’s may find these handy. From a personal perspective, I did not), the accounting software is completely free.

Minpunten: Wave still appears to be in its infancy, although the product has been there for a while. The user interface will frequently be updated (the reconciliation flow changed 3 times since I signed up about 6 months ago), and new features will constantly be added without any notification, often shifting often things around from where you expect them to be. The reports from Wave are also very limited, so don’t expect any customizable reports as of 08/2019. You get about 12 reports total, some or all of which may not be very relevant to you, depending on your end goal. These reports are completely canned, system generated, and you do not have the ability to create new reports. This may change in the future, but as it stands, this is the current state of affairs. The receipt tracking feature is definitely handy to have. While Wave will OCR your receipts and tag them to a category, it will actually post an entire transaction to the ledger when you save it down. For those of us with a bank account and credit card linked to auto import transactions, you’ll get a duplicate: one from the CC, and one from the receipt. It would be nice if Wave included some intelligence to automatically match the receipt and transaction together, but for now, you need to manually merge each. Finally, as a small point, Wave does not obtain any service assurance through SOC1 or SOC2 reports, an issue that most people wouldn’t ever care about.

• Beoordeeld op 2-9-2019
Cheikh B.
Wave review
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-1-2021

"Good accounting software"

Opmerkingen: The speed with which the credit cards were processed automatically saved me a lot of time.

Pluspunten: This is a very complete software that allows you to build quotes and convert them into invoices in a fraction of a second without much effort. Wave is excellent especially when it comes to credit card processing which is done automatically with a very low 1% fee. It is very easy to set up and use and the cost is low or even free. Personally, I recommend buying this package because it comes with support: from setting up your account to the specific categories for your company . The other advantage of Wave is the presence of a number of applications to send invoices when you are away from your workplace. So even when you're away from home you can download them. In this case, all you have to do is take the photo on the spot.

Minpunten: The problem on the Wave software is not so numerous, but we notice that it is impossible to close a period correctly. All members who are able to make transactions have the possibility to change or add entries from the previous year. For me an administrator must have the ability to close a period so that no changes are made. User growth is also very limited. The lack of audit trails for transaction entries is also a case of imperfection at Wave . Admittedly, it is possible to generate transactions, then generate reports, then cancel the transactions, etc. But there is no proof that these changes are made yes or no, because the software is unable to remember its categorizations. The keyword search function is absent from Wave in the transactions section and sometimes it makes us lose a lot of time.

• Beoordeeld op 12-1-2021
Nate M.
  • Beoordeeld op 14-2-2016

"Be aware!"

Opmerkingen: Be aware! Let’s get straight to it. No polishing, no lies. Wave’s actual system is pretty good. If it “actually” worked…
One sad truth about this company that you’ll notice right away is that their servers or hosting is worse than blogs were in 1980. It is slow, freezes and crashes all the time. Way too annoying to work with on a daily basis for a professional company. Bottom line: the system is unreliable.
Moving along to the stuff that matters even more… Customer service, honesty and professionalism. Uum, try again. You will not find any of that in this company. They clearly have no clue what it means to run a professional service. Last week I processed two transactions. Both of them were more than 2 grand.
Keep in mind that i’m a new startup that needs my money right away, or at least when promised.
2 days go by and no money. Okay…. here we go again. I email Wave asking what’s the deal with the money.
I say “again” because I had the same thing with my first few small transactions. But then I thought it was only because I was a new customer so they had to confirm some details. (by details I mean force me to show them communications between me and my clients).
That same day I get an email from the department that deals with the money saying in fancy words that they are withholding my money for security reasons until they can confirm some details. Again they ask for communications and authorizations. (who do they think they are?) I respond within 2 minutes with snapshots of communications and conversations straight from my client explaining who he is and that he authorized the payment. a day or two goes by and nothing. You can imagine how angry I feel about now. Projects are on hold, business stops, Wave is running me into the ground…. Of course there is no one to talk to until you sign up for the live chat at ($9 a month). So I sign up, because I cannot wait. Open a chat, explain to the woman really respectfully what is going on, she looks it up for 10 minutes and responds by saying that she sees my ticket (email) and that she will escalate it to the top… blah blah blah. So there I learn that live chat is basically if you have a question regarding the functions of the site, but it is basically useless regarding the things that really matter. MY MONEY!
In short, you CANNOT contact anyone about it, you can only email. But emails, despite their promises may take 3 days get answered.
So I send another email asking what’s going on and get a response that since I submitted 2 emails my ticket was moved back down to the bottom. (That wad their way of apologizing or exusing themselves). In that same email they don’t tell me that my snapshot isn’t sufficient or anything like that (even though it worked for the first 3 transactions), they tell me that they need to speak to my clients to confirm payments…. Really? …. wow, okay I respond within 2 minutes with two phone numbers. (this is Friday after 5pm) One of my clients get’s a phone call, confirms payment and they tell him that the money will be released “right away”. The second client get’s a phone call, but misses it. (He is still waiting for another phone call). And of course you cannot call them back, because they use fake phone numbers using local area codes. Well, guess what? The money from the first client that got the phone call from them was not released… and it’s Tuesday already. (almost a week from when I processed the transaction). Never heard anything back from them in past 3 days!! Conclusion: (aside from me being so frustrated, hardly able to contain myself) Well, firstly I would like to say that I switched to Quickbooks online right away. They are a professional company with lower rates and faster deposit times (ONE DAY!). And you can call them! The only reason I chose Wave over Square is because they had a good invoicing system. But i’ve used Square before and never had issues like this. What I mean is this: Why make an issue when there is none????
Wave makes security issues when there is none.
I’m a legal, professional company in the United States. Why in the world would you pretend like there are security issues with my transactions if no one ever disputed or complained? There is no answer. Because if there was a valid answer, Square and Quickbooks would be the same concerned.
Stop making issues where there are none.
I would advise anyone reading this to go with Square or Quickbooks. You will end up being much happier. Unless you can afford these criminals withholding your money for as long as they like. So again: system: too slow, crashes and freezes. OH, and annoying advertisements.
Support: only for functionality questions.
Service: absolutely horrible and un professional.
You choose. Thanks!

• Beoordeeld op 14-2-2016
Michael M.
Owner sole proprietor
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-11-2020

"Wave Was/Is My Go To From QB Online"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been great! I have to do some thinking/remembering at tax time to separate the double entries of income. I show an invoice paid by check WAVE shows that income on my account. I go to the bank and deposit, there is that check again. For the total amount of money saved, around $450-500, I will put up with it.

Pluspunten: It is FREE in the cloud, works on ALL platforms Windows 7,10, Android, iphones. Accepts all credit cards including Amex for 2.9% I am saving $420+ yearly by not having QB, I don't have to print invoices. Since WAVE is in the cloud I email my invoices and receipts.

Minpunten: I wish it had more storage of customer service that has been performed in the past but I suspect that would require some expense. It only had 3 invoice templates and there wasn't much customization on those. You can't compound taxes on your invoices, let me rephrase, you can compound 1 tax but no more. Since my only taxes are State and County I found it best to compound none for fear of forgetting which one I had compounded

• Beoordeeld op 20-11-2020
Jacqueline B.
Legal Admin
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Easy to use and free!"

Opmerkingen: I have had a great experience with Wave Accounting. I was able to create nice looking invoices and edit when necessary and sending invoices to clients is a breeze. The best accounting software and best of all, it's free.

Pluspunten: This is the best do-it-yourself accounting tool ever. Everything is done for you; even the taxes. All you have to do is type in the name of the tax you want and it calculates everything for you! It even sends out reminders to your clients if payment is not made when indicated.

Minpunten: I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about this software. My business is simple so my needs are simple. I don't like reminders being sent to clients so I have to ensure the reminder is off. It was a little embarrassing a couple of times when an invoice was already paid and the client got a reminder; oops!

Designer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

"I love Wave Accounting"

Opmerkingen: I was satisfied with what I was paying for it, but any more pricey I would leave.

Pluspunten: When I was using it, it was so easy to set up. It allowed my to have a large client database. I loved the dashboard view that helped me stay on track!

Minpunten: I didn’t like that I couldn’t customize my invoices as much as I would have liked. Also, payroll could have been more user friendly.

Brodie B.
Controller
Bouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2020

"Gold Strike"

Opmerkingen: Phenomenal initial experience. I don’t need hand holding but if I am confused the program has excellent resources and guidance. Also, using the community is great too if I ever need.

Pluspunten: I have used QB for over a decade and never in all that time have I understood it’s complexity. I am starting a new franchise in 2021 and discovered Wave by accident. In less than 30 minutes I had my bank account linked, transactions downloaded and chart of accounts established. The ease and clarity is tremendous. I will use their payroll and payment processing to payback the value they’ve provided in their free accounting program.

Minpunten: There is not an iPhone app to use presently. But the Wave receipts app is perfect instead.

• Beoordeeld op 7-12-2020
Fred P.
Principal
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-12-2020

"I love everything about it's simple form"

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great and satisfying. I have used a number of accounting systems that are rather complex or require a large learning curve, better suited for someone with accounting experience.

Pluspunten: I find this software straight forward and very easy to use. It is a simple format and nothing scary about its functionality. I find it perfect for a small business with little to be desired.

Minpunten: Occasionally I may stumble upon a feature I feel should be available, such as pulling down the email list of the clients. There is none to be found.

• Beoordeeld op 20-12-2020
Compliance Officer
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-11-2020

"Very Ideal Accounting Package For Startups"

Opmerkingen: Wave is an absolute joy to use. It is very simple to configure and will have you up and running in a matter of minutes

Pluspunten: The estimates module is great as it allows me to set expiry dates on these. It also allows me to easily convert an estimate into an invoice which saves me a great deal of time. Best of all is the export to pdf option and send via email which makes sharing with clients easy.

Minpunten: For me I would like to see a feature that allows me to customize an invoice template to include or exclude fields as I please

• Beoordeeld op 10-11-2020
Brooke B.
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2020

"LOVE LOVE LOVE"

Opmerkingen: Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business Checking & Savings. CapitalOne is going through some changes so I don't blame Wave too much but manually uploading bank statements every month is a hassle. Though I love Spark, I'm hopefully that Wave's banking that is coming soon will be a good future solution. I love Wave for everything else. It's the most rounded and affordable solution for my small business finances.

Pluspunten: It's everything I need in one place. As a small business, Wave is the best solution for me. I can invoice my clients for free, and easily keep my finances up-to-date making tax season worry free.

Minpunten: Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business accounts, so I have to manually upload two bank statements every month into Wave; One for my checking and one for my savings account, both of which are Spark.

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2020
Sutra B.
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-5-2020

"Excellent for the start-up to small company!"

Opmerkingen: So far it has been a good experience overall. I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t had very much interaction with customer service other than the initial consultation Coach and the vetting process situation.

Pluspunten: Love this product because of the cost! Free! So many great tools that it offers to include invoicing. You can create all of your own products and services and include your terms & Conditions. Clients can pay directly from the invoice. You can get paid the same day if you attach your business card to your account. It has a payroll feature as well for an additional charge. I love the fact that the reporting is so simple and easy to read. I would highly recommend purchasing this set up package. It comes with consultations and assistance to work through all the process of setting up your account and different categories specific to your business. It was definitely worth the extra money spent. I also like the fact that there are apps available to send invoices if you are away from the office. Also, you can upload receipts directly from wherever you are by simply taking a picture and categorizing it on the spot. No more having to deal with Receipts in the shoebox LOL.

Minpunten: On the Invoicing I wish there was an option to add tipping. Our clients like to add a tips for our service and while Square offers this feature, Wave does not. There was a weird vetting process that nobody told me about and at first I thought it was a scam and I didn’t reply. But then I confirmed with the consultant I had been working with and they verified that this was in fact something that I had to go through. It seemed kind of sketchy at first, but it had validity with regards to the financial process.

• Beoordeeld op 7-5-2020
Suzanne R.
Professional Photographer
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24-1-2020

"Wave error messed up my entire system and they want to charge me $3000 to fix it"

Opmerkingen: It was good while it lasted, before their system made my data unusable. They really tried to be helpful, I chatted with several friendly people online, all of whom were unable to resolve my issues. They were unable to refer me to a WaveApps specialist in my area. Ultimately their solution was to offer me one of their bookkeepers at a cost of $3000 to fix the problem they created. No thanks.

Pluspunten: It was wonderfully easy to use, the invoices looked professional and payment processing features were handy.

Minpunten: TLDR: Major syncing, reconciling and support issues Two of my accounts synced twice (so I had four accounts in Wave where there should have been two) and they were unable to fix this. Their suggested fixes did not work. They have chat and email support but no phone support and even though they logged in as an admin they were unable to fix this problem.
A recent update to their system caused my entire past four years of records to be unreconciled, and the only fix was to go back to the beginning of time and compare each transaction ever made.
They offered me a bookkeeper to do this for me for $269/month for a minimum of 12 months, despite my being very diligent about keeping my account up to date for the past four years.
I have switched to another system now.

• Beoordeeld op 24-1-2020
Managementconsulting, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-1-2020

"Great Free Accounting Tool"

Opmerkingen: We use it for multiple businesses and a non-profit as we are a small cluster of social enterprises that work hand in hand with each other. We are really enjoying working with this software and it has helped us tremedously, all while not costing us a penny!

Pluspunten: On the positive side, this software's functionality is almost up to par with other options that cost a lot of money. Wave is free and for that price what they offer is unbeatable. It is a fully featured accouting software, as it is a web app, it means multiple people can use it simultaniously and it also works great for a virtual team. I like that it is made with non-accountants in mind. For example, when entering transactions there are "Accounts" - but these are only Accounts as a nun-accountant will understand: Cash, Bank, Owners Investment etc. - everything else is called "Categories". This makes it easier for someone not too versed in finances to understand - but behind the scenes Categories are Accounts, just like they always were (e.g. Office Supply Expense Account) - small and simple changes like this make it very easy to use even for a financial analphabet. Two mobile apps compliment the accounting software, one for writing invoices on the go, the other for scanning and (auto)recording expense receipts.

Minpunten: On the downside, and this can be a big one, you are not able to properly close a period. This means anyone with permission to enter transactions can go and change entries from last year, or add some. This can make things really messy and I hope they add a function where an administrator can close a period such as a month, so that no more changes can be made. Further, you can add other users, but the type of users are quite limited. I wish this could be controlled on a more granular level, e.g. there is the option to add a 'viewer' who cannot edit anything. The next level is somoene who can enter all types of transactions (you can turn of access to bank entries and writing invoices) but it would be nice if there was one where I can let someone add receipts with the mobile app but not do anything else.

• Beoordeeld op 11-1-2020
Corinne P.
Owner/operator
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2019

"Satisfied daily user since 2015"

Opmerkingen: I'm a sole proprietor of a service-based clinic, and I sell a very small amount of retail product (less than $500 per year). I use Wave to generate customer invoices, track payments, organize expense receipts, calculate taxes payable, and run reports. The app does allow for a "Personal" account which I do not currently use to my advantage but I plan to incorporate that into daily use next year to help keep better track of my overall financial situation.

Pluspunten: Wave is free to use which makes it excellent for my small business. It has an app to facilitate easy upload of receipts for my expenses. Being cloud-based enables me to access my accounting from my clinic or my home office (or on the go) with ease in real-time. It syncs with my RBC account to import my transactions and is very user-friendly.
Customer service is friendly and responsive.

Minpunten: My complaints about this software are very minor. There is an option to "save and send" invoices by email with a single mouse click, but to print the invoices takes three clicks.
My other complaint is that there is no simple Customer Statement to print. The Customer Statement that is available shows every transaction posted, so for most of my clients there will be three entries for each visit to my clinic; one invoice date, one copay payment, and one insurance payment applied. I would prefer to be able to generate this statement showing a list which includes ONLY the invoice date and total amount charged.
They are very minor complaints. I am quite pleased with this product.

• Beoordeeld op 7-12-2019