Wave Accounting reviews

4,4 (1.313) Schrijf een review!

Over Wave Accounting

Wave biedt eigenaren van kleine bedrijven een echte dubbele boekhouding die is geïntegreerd met de rest van de Wave-oplossingen, 100% gratis!

Meer informatie over Wave Accounting

Since it is free, I expected customer service to be non-existent, but they do respond and resolve issues through their messaging system. You can also share info with your accountant.

It was disappointing when UK bank syncing stopped. Would prefer more options on personal designs for Invoices and Receipts.

Beoordelingen van Wave Accounting

Waar voor je geld

Wave Accounting heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.313 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Wave Accounting eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.313)

Sales & Marketing Manager
Groothandel, 11-50 werknemers

The accounting system for any new/small business

5,0 5 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Josh
Josh
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Awesome free accounting online software for your business that is super professional!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: There is very little more I can ask for with Wave for my small business. It is free for the features I need and allows me to take only ACH or credit card payments with a reasonable fee and I only pay the fixed percentage when I use those features so I can just turn it off and get a check from a client and not pay anything. Great Flexibility!

Its free for small businesses that just need a good business accounting software! You can take ACH and CC payments if you want and turn them off on invoices you don't want it on. The rates are reasonable enough for using these services. The reports are easy enough for doing taxes. It's awesome and cheap for those that are one man shows or freelancers.

The thing that is the most annoying is when you want to do a recurring billing. It doesn't use something like Maintenance contract #1 then go to #2 or something like that it makes recurring billing invoice names that were the most recent of any invoices. Maybe I am not using it correctly, but each time I have to go and change invoice names then manually send it to the client.

Barbara
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

We no longer accept Quickbooks clients after finding WAVE Accounting!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: No matter what complaints we have, we 100% now use Wave Accounting. We no longer accept Quickbooks clients and encourage any nw client consultations to switch over. For every new start-up business we assist, we automatically set up a wave accounting software for them and help them sync their busienss bank accounts. We also assist former Quickbooks users to switch over and set everything up for them.

This software is 100% FREE to use! No gimmicks, no catches. I was skeptical when one of my clients told me he used this. I did NOT want to lean yet another accounting software, but once I logged in and found out how easy and streamlined this software was to use, I was 100% sold on it! The ONLY fees they charge are IF you decide to use their payroll (I highly advise AGAINST using their payroll, it needs an overhaul), or IF you use them for payment processing of invoices you send to clients. The fees for using their payment processing are similar to those of Square and Stripe and a small price to pay for the amazing software. I would encourage you to use their payment processing so this service can remain on the free billing platform with no monthly charges!

1) Reporting abilities are lackluster! No way to print "no receipts attached" reports for clients. 2) Sometimes has glitches. We will work in this software, then log in later and all of the work we did has disappeared. Major panic attacks more than once! Still having problems with one account in particular. If I log in on an incognito window, the work is there again (sometimes). 3) Payroll systems SUCKS. I do not recommend! Square payroll is our go-to! 4) Chart of accounts is OUTDATED and does NOT match Schedule C nor S-Corporation tax return expense line items. We should be able to customize a chart of accounts the way we want it and be able to copy/paste it into other client accounts 5) Accountant login is great except the list is not always alphatized correctly. We should be able to alphabetize and/or sort by PRIORITY account 6) Need an easier/quicker way to upload receipts

Aninda
Chief Solution Architect in Bangladesh
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Simplistic Accounting System

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Wave accounting was great till we used it. Later as our business expanded we wanted more features to be integrated in the system which is why needed to make the switch from Wave Accounting system.

I'd say Wave is a Simplistic Accounting System, easy to get started with and perfect for SMEs or small enterprises.

This app isn't scalable as in as your business data grows large, this app becomes sluggish and performs poorly

Summer
Pet transport specialist in VK
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Wave has everything you need to run a small business

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I LOVE this software. I have been using it without issue for 2 years + without issue and it has really helped me organize my business. I will definitely stay with them as long as I can

The best thing about WAVE is its ease of use. It was so easy to learn to use this. Additionally the invoices are really customizable. There is a huge amount you can do with just the free version but if you upgrade to the paid version you can access a lot more of the accounting features and payment features. I like that for security reasons the software logs you out at the end of the day. The invoices look very professional and are downloadable and can be sent with a pdf attachment. When a partial payment is made you can send a receipt reflective of how much was paid, how, when and with how much balance left. The software will also alert me when a payment is overdue. You can also add tax and discounts to the invoices.

The only gripe I have is that when I made changes to the invoice parameters, I was unable to delete the old parameters because they had been used in previous invoices. It would be nice to be able to "inactivate" or send to "archive" these parameters.

Jonathan
Self Employed in Zuid-Afrika
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

The brilliance of Wave Accounting

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I can invoice my clients from my phone, I get notified when the invoices are opened as well.

It is very simple and easy to use. Our financial team required no extra training.

It sometimes slows down and also there is no desktop application that i am aware of.

Marialuisa
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great for fewer transactions and FREE

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very easy to use and send invoices, and track expenses.

It's very easy to use and implement. It's free for small businesses with fewer transactions.

It's not the best for reporting. I can't pull statements very easily.

Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Wave Accounting Is A Small Business Asset

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has been a positive experience. The real only hope is that the mobile app continues to evolve as being mobile while working and invoicing is convenient.

Setup was easy. However, it does take time to ensure that cost accounts, net terms, rates, and other information is entered properly. It is easy to edit any typos or missed information if the initial setup is not correct.

The mobile app doesn't seem to work as well as the desktop app. Looking up data, and status of payments for example is best done on the computer.

Jason
Jason
volunteer Coordinator in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 11-50 werknemers

Affordable small business accounting software

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall it is a great accounting platform for new and for small business.

The cost is minimum unless you are using payroll or merchant services. The app for receipts is also a great additional tool.

The electronic payment system is a bit cumbersome for a new business to set up.

Accountant in Nigeria
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to use for small business invoicing and accounting

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It makes invoicing and keeping proper record easy for me

The ease of use to deliver accurate report and affordability.

You need a little bit of time to understand the interface

Dwight
Lecturer in Jamaica
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

It's ok

3,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

It's very easy to use, user friendly and accessible.

Functionality is limited hence most accounting functions cannot be performed using this software.

Arthur
Arthur
CEO in Zuid-Afrika
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 51-200 werknemers

Wave Accounting Review

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: An overall exceptional experience using Wave for my accounting needs. The only drawback is the automated banking transaction allocation as well as payroll management are not available in my country.

The basic version of the software is free and includes many features not found in paid versions. You don't need to purchase expensive add-ons to make it work for accounting, bookkeeping, or invoicing. Wave offers additional services that will help you improve your skills within the program. Wave automatically syncs your accounting and invoicing, making it a great choice for small businesses that want to consolidate and automate their bookkeeping and billing. Wave's invoicing capabilities are unlimited and completely free. Wave's invoicing features are also customizable and easy to use. Wave allows you to create customer profiles and send follow-up emails. You can also receive reminders and receipts for payment. Wave also offers a mobile app that lets you track and send invoices. Wave accounting has an intuitive interface that is simple to use. Wave accounting is different from other accounting software. Wave accounting is easy to use and requires no prior knowledge. It is easy to use, and you can learn quickly as you go.

Wave's accounting software can be used for free. It's a great choice if you have a small business or don't need more advanced features. Wave's functionality is limited for businesses looking to grow. Wave does not provide multiple plans to increase its functionality, which limits its scalability. It offers limited customer service. Wave Accounting offers only self-service customer support. Wave Accounting offers only one-on-one support to Accounting customers through Wave's paid Accounting Coach option.

Jonathan
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

It’s free, but better than any paid accounting software.

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We’ve been using wave since beta. We tried Quickbooks and a few other accounting platforms after a consultant suggested we review other platforms. Ultimately, we never left wave and will not in the foreseeable future.

Wave is free, but it’s powerful. Wave is suitable for any small to medium business. Wave handles all our accounting needs.

Wave has two major areas of improvement. 1. Their customer service is difficult, especially if you have an urgent matter. Their chargeback dispute process is not easy and confusing. Again, customer support regarding chargebacks is difficult considering you have a few days to submit a dispute package.

Laura
Laura
Photographer in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best accounting software to grow as a small business

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The overall experience with Wave has been very good. With some hiccups on the roadmap, Wave has evolved by leaps and bounds from a pretty basic software to quite a powerhouse, even for the free version. If my business grows and I will feel the need to add more features such as payroll and tax advisor use, I will still remain a Wave believer!

I've used Wave since 2009!!! I feel like my company grew with it. It's helped me understand all I was doing right (and wrong!) financially in my business. It helps tremendously when filing monthly sales taxes. I keep a habit of staying organized, verifying all transactions and reconciling with my bank accounts. All of this, plus categorizing everything the right way makes tax time an absolute breeze - my taxes are done in two days and I don't need to freak out about it because everything is organized ahead of time and all I do is input expenses and sales.

What I least like about Wave is that a few years ago they stopped support for free accounts. Absolutely no human support whatsoever. Disagree with that big time!!! Sometimes also a bank connection will be interrupted and you cannot reconnect for many many months and since there is no support, you are left without any help. I am a small business of one person and I do not need any of the paid features that Wave offers so I could be upgraded to paid support, so I am always stuck in no human support land. It doesn't feel good, especially to someone who has used this software for as long as I have.

Land surveyor in Zuid-Afrika
Civiele techniek, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Wave Accounting

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I was able to quickly send professional estimates and invoices on go and I didn't have to keep a lot of envelopes with receipts any more, I could just scan receipts and attach them to a bank transaction. Before I even get an accountant, I would easily see the performance of the business from the cash flow graphs and profit and loss graphs.

Setting reminders to be sent to clients for payment is the most important feature from wave in my opinion. Also being able to create recurring invoices you you don't have to do the same thing every week or every month. My other favorite is customer statements. Pulling out customer statements and sending to your clients gives you points in terms of professionalism. I also appreciate that when Wave stopped operating in South Africa they recommended Zoho and gave us a year of free use of Zoho. Even though I did not like changing, this was a very thoughtful move by wave.

For some reason wave starting giving limited access to its South African customers and partnered with Zoho for customers to migrate. Even though the apps are similar, they're not the same and it took a little bit of time to now learn Zoho a new app.

Henry
Henry
Freelance Digital Marketer in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent for freelancers and small businesses

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Extremely positive. In 3+ years I don't think I've had to contact support once, nor have I ever considered switching to other tools. It is one of the few software tools I use regularly where I am happy to open it, and I'm happy to give them their percentage. As a freelancer, Wave has been indispensable to me. Always simple and smooth, and exceptional bang for the buck. Not only would I recommend Wave to freelancers and small businesses, I have recommended it. Numerous times.

Wave is ideal for freelancers. Set up is really simple and the interface is user-friendly. I have zero background in financial matters, and with Wave that's totally fine. The price is also right. There's no subscription or hidden fees, they just take a perfectly reasonable percentage from invoice payments. I asked a financial advisor friend of mine before signing up, and she was pleasantly surprised by the low rates, and told me to go for it. I've been using Wave for over 3 years, and I have never once been hit with a fee outside of the basic rates. Wave also provides a host of reporting and tracking tools in this basic account. They didn't influence my decision to sign up, but they've proven to be very useful. And finally a small but really helpful feature, especially if you're a freelancer just starting out: immediate money transfers. Once someone pays your invoice, the money is in Wave, and takes 2-3 days to transfer. For 1% more payment, you can transfer money within minutes. For the cash-strapped freelancer, that can be mana from heaven.

There are no major cons that I can think of. One issue I have is mostly my fault: When I first started using Wave I didn't know what I was doing, and I ended up creating a whole bunch of client and work type records unnecessarily. It would be nice if there were some more in-your-face tutorials, maybe some hover tips for new users. But the messiness is mainly from me leaping in before looking.

Spencer
Studio Photographer in VS
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Very powerful free features with the option to purchase high-quality premium services!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I am very impressed with Wave Accounting. Their free products aren't skimpy or limiting, but are actually very full and would likely not be free from another service provider! Wave's premium offerings are extensive as well. Overall, I've found that Wave Accounting is perfect for a wide target audience including small businesses, sole proprietors, independent contractors and freelancers, or people looking to take their invoicing, accounting, payment collecting, etc. to anything beyond their basic capacity and limitations. Highly recommend to a broad audience needing such services.

Wave Apps software features not only very beautiful interfaces for their products' dashboard, but the platform is at once very feature-heavy and thoughtfully well designed. The aesthetically-pleasing graphics for content such as cash flow, profit and loss, and expense breakdowns on the primary dashboard are sharp and clean in addition to being so helpfully data-driven, and all that is just on the landing page. As you navigate through categories of sales, purchases, accounting, banking, you experience how well-constructions the pages are for options within each section including sales, purchases, accounting, etc. I love just how many of the feature-heavy options are completely *FREE.* Wave Apps offers select premium services, such as Wave Advisors and bookkeeping, even business insurance with "NEXT," while offering things such as accounting, invoicing , etc. free of charge. It's an excellent product for anyone looking for a beautiful interface, but also wanting lots of features without needing to immediately spend money for quality products.

So many elements within Wave are intuitively navigable and to use with simple data entry. One area that was a little more challenging for me to set up with the chart of accounts section in the accounting area of the interface. It's so nice that it's deeply customizable, but the challenge was that it took me a little extra time to understand and knowledgeably input the data of my assets, liabilities/credits, income, expenses, equity. This is something that would be challenging for anyone not familiar with basic accounting on any software, so I probably would've benefitted from a few "help" pop-ups/set-up assistance here than perhaps some other areas. Where my limitations with setup start is however where Wave's premium products with bookkeeping and accounting are so valuable to the user. There are many great pop-up notices throughout the platform that inform you about new features of ways to most effectively use Wave Apps features, which is great, and of course, they're complete with beautiful graphics.

Kari
Kari
HR Lady in VS
Human Resources, 2-10 werknemers

I LOVE Wave!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I highly recommend Wave if you are running a business and want low costs and an easy way to manage your finances. My business is simple and Wave makes it so much easier for me to stay on top of things and know where I need to focus my energy.

I have been using Wave since around 2015 and my books were a mess when I first began because I was doing them (not my strength) and once I heard about Wave's bookkeeping services, I couldn't believe how affordable they were. It's super easy to set up and use, run reports and know about your financials. I tried switching to QB for about 1 month and hated it, so I switched back. Lesson learned and I'm sticking around!

One thing I had to get used to was because I had my bank account connected and until the month is reconciled, when a invoice is paid I mark it paid and then the 'payment' comes in again from banking. It was easy to catch and now my Wave bookkeeper keeps all that reconciled. Thank you!

Proinsias
Proinsias
Owner Manager Digital Specialist in Ierland
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Wave Accounting is great for a Startup Business

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was very happy with the invoicing, payments, and the Design and functionality. I was able to search past transactions very easily. I did not pay for premium support, but the support that I recieve is excellent.

It was free to use the accounting services I was able to invoice customers using Stripe as a Payment Gateway which was great value The Design and User Interface is very professional compared to others that I have seen The Payment Gateway was also very professional when sent to customers, it added to the credibility of the business

My particular Bank would not allow me to sync my account with Wave, but that was a local issue not a general issue. I was very very happy with the invoicing. but I always felt that the ledger views were not as robust.

Cheikh
Wave review in Senegal
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good accounting software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The speed with which the credit cards were processed automatically saved me a lot of time.

This is a very complete software that allows you to build quotes and convert them into invoices in a fraction of a second without much effort. Wave is excellent especially when it comes to credit card processing which is done automatically with a very low 1% fee. It is very easy to set up and use and the cost is low or even free. Personally, I recommend buying this package because it comes with support: from setting up your account to the specific categories for your company . The other advantage of Wave is the presence of a number of applications to send invoices when you are away from your workplace. So even when you're away from home you can download them. In this case, all you have to do is take the photo on the spot.

The problem on the Wave software is not so numerous, but we notice that it is impossible to close a period correctly. All members who are able to make transactions have the possibility to change or add entries from the previous year. For me an administrator must have the ability to close a period so that no changes are made. User growth is also very limited. The lack of audit trails for transaction entries is also a case of imperfection at Wave . Admittedly, it is possible to generate transactions, then generate reports, then cancel the transactions, etc. But there is no proof that these changes are made yes or no, because the software is unable to remember its categorizations. The keyword search function is absent from Wave in the transactions section and sometimes it makes us lose a lot of time.

Owner sole proprietor in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Wave Was/Is My Go To From QB Online

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been great! I have to do some thinking/remembering at tax time to separate the double entries of income. I show an invoice paid by check WAVE shows that income on my account. I go to the bank and deposit, there is that check again. For the total amount of money saved, around $450-500, I will put up with it.

It is FREE in the cloud, works on ALL platforms Windows 7,10, Android, iphones. Accepts all credit cards including Amex for 2.9% I am saving $420+ yearly by not having QB, I don't have to print invoices. Since WAVE is in the cloud I email my invoices and receipts.

I wish it had more storage of customer service that has been performed in the past but I suspect that would require some expense. It only had 3 invoice templates and there wasn't much customization on those. You can't compound taxes on your invoices, let me rephrase, you can compound 1 tax but no more. Since my only taxes are State and County I found it best to compound none for fear of forgetting which one I had compounded

Brooke
Founder in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

LOVE LOVE LOVE

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business Checking & Savings. CapitalOne is going through some changes so I don't blame Wave too much but manually uploading bank statements every month is a hassle. Though I love Spark, I'm hopefully that Wave's banking that is coming soon will be a good future solution. I love Wave for everything else. It's the most rounded and affordable solution for my small business finances.

It's everything I need in one place. As a small business, Wave is the best solution for me. I can invoice my clients for free, and easily keep my finances up-to-date making tax season worry free.

Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business accounts, so I have to manually upload two bank statements every month into Wave; One for my checking and one for my savings account, both of which are Spark.

Sutra
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Excellent for the start-up to small company!

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far it has been a good experience overall. I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t had very much interaction with customer service other than the initial consultation Coach and the vetting process situation.

Love this product because of the cost! Free! So many great tools that it offers to include invoicing. You can create all of your own products and services and include your terms & Conditions. Clients can pay directly from the invoice. You can get paid the same day if you attach your business card to your account. It has a payroll feature as well for an additional charge. I love the fact that the reporting is so simple and easy to read. I would highly recommend purchasing this set up package. It comes with consultations and assistance to work through all the process of setting up your account and different categories specific to your business. It was definitely worth the extra money spent. I also like the fact that there are apps available to send invoices if you are away from the office. Also, you can upload receipts directly from wherever you are by simply taking a picture and categorizing it on the spot. No more having to deal with Receipts in the shoebox LOL.

On the Invoicing I wish there was an option to add tipping. Our clients like to add a tips for our service and while Square offers this feature, Wave does not. There was a weird vetting process that nobody told me about and at first I thought it was a scam and I didn’t reply. But then I confirmed with the consultant I had been working with and they verified that this was in fact something that I had to go through. It seemed kind of sketchy at first, but it had validity with regards to the financial process.

Suzanne
Professional Photographer in Canada
Bron: GetApp

Overwogen alternatieven:

Wave error messed up my entire system and they want to charge me $3000 to fix it

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was good while it lasted, before their system made my data unusable. They really tried to be helpful, I chatted with several friendly people online, all of whom were unable to resolve my issues. They were unable to refer me to a WaveApps specialist in my area. Ultimately their solution was to offer me one of their bookkeepers at a cost of $3000 to fix the problem they created. No thanks.

It was wonderfully easy to use, the invoices looked professional and payment processing features were handy.

TLDR: Major syncing, reconciling and support issues Two of my accounts synced twice (so I had four accounts in Wave where there should have been two) and they were unable to fix this. Their suggested fixes did not work. They have chat and email support but no phone support and even though they logged in as an admin they were unable to fix this problem. A recent update to their system caused my entire past four years of records to be unreconciled, and the only fix was to go back to the beginning of time and compare each transaction ever made. They offered me a bookkeeper to do this for me for $269/month for a minimum of 12 months, despite my being very diligent about keeping my account up to date for the past four years. I have switched to another system now.

Director in Singapore
Managementconsulting, 11-50 werknemers

Great Free Accounting Tool

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use it for multiple businesses and a non-profit as we are a small cluster of social enterprises that work hand in hand with each other. We are really enjoying working with this software and it has helped us tremedously, all while not costing us a penny!

On the positive side, this software's functionality is almost up to par with other options that cost a lot of money. Wave is free and for that price what they offer is unbeatable. It is a fully featured accouting software, as it is a web app, it means multiple people can use it simultaniously and it also works great for a virtual team. I like that it is made with non-accountants in mind. For example, when entering transactions there are "Accounts" - but these are only Accounts as a nun-accountant will understand: Cash, Bank, Owners Investment etc. - everything else is called "Categories". This makes it easier for someone not too versed in finances to understand - but behind the scenes Categories are Accounts, just like they always were (e.g. Office Supply Expense Account) - small and simple changes like this make it very easy to use even for a financial analphabet. Two mobile apps compliment the accounting software, one for writing invoices on the go, the other for scanning and (auto)recording expense receipts.

On the downside, and this can be a big one, you are not able to properly close a period. This means anyone with permission to enter transactions can go and change entries from last year, or add some. This can make things really messy and I hope they add a function where an administrator can close a period such as a month, so that no more changes can be made. Further, you can add other users, but the type of users are quite limited. I wish this could be controlled on a more granular level, e.g. there is the option to add a 'viewer' who cannot edit anything. The next level is somoene who can enter all types of transactions (you can turn of access to bank entries and writing invoices) but it would be nice if there was one where I can let someone add receipts with the mobile app but not do anything else.

Corinne
Owner/operator in Canada
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Satisfied daily user since 2015

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm a sole proprietor of a service-based clinic, and I sell a very small amount of retail product (less than $500 per year). I use Wave to generate customer invoices, track payments, organize expense receipts, calculate taxes payable, and run reports. The app does allow for a "Personal" account which I do not currently use to my advantage but I plan to incorporate that into daily use next year to help keep better track of my overall financial situation.

Wave is free to use which makes it excellent for my small business. It has an app to facilitate easy upload of receipts for my expenses. Being cloud-based enables me to access my accounting from my clinic or my home office (or on the go) with ease in real-time. It syncs with my RBC account to import my transactions and is very user-friendly. Customer service is friendly and responsive.

My complaints about this software are very minor. There is an option to "save and send" invoices by email with a single mouse click, but to print the invoices takes three clicks. My other complaint is that there is no simple Customer Statement to print. The Customer Statement that is available shows every transaction posted, so for most of my clients there will be three entries for each visit to my clinic; one invoice date, one copay payment, and one insurance payment applied. I would prefer to be able to generate this statement showing a list which includes ONLY the invoice date and total amount charged. They are very minor complaints. I am quite pleased with this product.