Over Codility

Codility is een platform dat technische recruiters en personeelsmanagers helpt om de vaardigheden van hun kandidaten te beoordelen door hun code online te testen.

Meer informatie over Codility

It is deployable and easier for HR who don't understand code themselves. The ability to compare to other programmers' skills is nifty.

Beoordelingen van Codility

Waar voor je geld

Codility heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 25 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Codility eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (25)

Estêvão H.
Estêvão H.
Software Developer for Huru Systems in Brazilië
1.001-5.000 werknemers

I enjoyed very much practicing algorithms, getting to know companies through the challenges.

5 4 jaar geleden

It is a well organised, polished platform for coding skills evaluation. The lessons and challenges provide good content for user practice and the summary section helps to understand the areas the user is going well and areas to improve.

The platform suits me very well so I don't have any comments on things I dislike or wish to improve.

Gabor F.
HR Expert in Hongarije
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Astron

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's much more convenient than paper tests.

Easy to use. I can manage a lot of candidates and different software languages.

There is not enough task. My package is not contains plagiarism check.

Reactie Codility

4 jaar geleden

Hi Gabor, great to hear that you like using Codility! In case you weren't aware, your license contains plagiarism prevention (the Codility task library is protected and patrolled online for material leaks). However, if you'd like to try out our plagiarism detection features like Similarity Check, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to let you try it out.

Mark W.
Engineer in VS
Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Not an adequate test for most engineering roles.

2 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you use it, I would suggest the live-code feature where you screenshare and watch the applicant solve one larger problem, preferably one that relates to the job at hand rather than a mensa puzzle. Make sure to review the failing submissions because in many cases, they had it right, but the machine graded them wrong, this could be for many reasons including the structure of the training set they were given was different from that of the testing data. Over half of what our engineers do is debug, interpret existing code, and build infrastructure. None of these things are tested with Codility. If they do pass, they are proficient in at least one element of the job, but not necessarily the rest. I interview any applicant who passes with 30% and always look at their code even if it failed.

Many of the problems are not completely presented (I.E. there are other factors that are not mentioned which would influence the code, so applicants who submit overly-thorough code will actually fail because the machine didn't like their answer.. it is a guessing game) 20 minute time limits to solve an algorithm problem are NEVER the case in real life. Programmers do not work off memory, they work off documentation-- codility does not test on use of frameworks or libraries, only math concepts. The IDE is limited, will delete the applicant's code if they switch languages momentarily.

Giuseppe R.
Lead Product Software Engineer & Scrum Master in Italië
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great value added for big recruiting campaigns

5 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent to assess how candidates act, but overall too expensive

Outstanding choice of candidate tests, good test evaluation review function

Licence package too broad and expensive , good for body rental companies but not for a company, however large, that manages recruiting internally

Sai kiran G.
Software Engineer in Australië

Great Experience. Loved the puzzles and exercises

5 4 jaar geleden

A great coding platform, it's easy to use with a clean interface. I've enjoyed the exercises available. The problem statement and examples have great clarity without being too wordy or short. I've taken a couple of tests for companies who used Codility for screening. I've had great experience writing code, testing, putting in my own test-sets all available in the platform.

The software is pretty much self contained and clean. There isn't much I would complain about. I would love to see more exercises/puzzles.

Miriam S.
NA in Israël
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

It crashes when loading self designed test cases

1 3 maanden geleden

The design is also quite standard. The idea is good, but testing cases would give little insight into candidate abilities.

Customized/ personal testing cases won't load. Support instead of acknowledging and correcting issues came with speculative non-relevant arguments blaming the user.

Izhaar A.
Founder - Chief Executive in Nederland
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers

Great company to work with for our Hard-Skills assessment

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been a great first few months working with Codility! The staff, has been very patient and generous helping us out, doing more than we could ask for! Great customer experience up to now and hopefully it will always continue like this for the future as well.

Codility offers us the opportunity to have a IT assessment part during our recruitment process, which is probably the best in the market available.

It should have even more tests for each possible position :-)

Data Scientist / Management Consultant in Griekenland

Very positive.

5 4 jaar geleden

Provides a platform to test ones coding/algorithmic skills in interesting problems. The problems are challenging and the feedback provided by the system is helpful.

I would prefer to see problems tailored to Machine Learning. The problems I encountered in the site are like puzzles to be solved. I would prefer to reflect more Applied Machine Learning.

Manager, NIA Platforms in VS
Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

We are really liking Codility

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Most importantly, codility allowed our organization to dramatically speed up our recruiting process without a loss in quality of screening.

The software gives us the ability to create a set of coding challenges tailored to the type of hire, with the right degree of difficulty. It also has the capability to detect cheating, which has been very helpful to root out candidates we wouldn't want. After having used the software awhile, we can now gauge how different candidates compare.

Not much honestly. It's working out pretty well.

Italo R.
Italo R.
Android Software Engineer in Brazilië
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Best code assessment website

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience was awesome in general. I liked to do the exercises; they're hard enough to get us interested in solving them. My only complain is I'd like to get the final report after an interview to be able to work on my weaknesses. That would be great.

The final report when we finish an exercise. It is simply awesome. We are able to quickly verify which area we should work harder to enhance/improve our skills.

The system blocks the final report if our recruiter doesn't allow us to see it. The feeling is like I will remain blind in front of my weaknesses.

António F.
HR Recruitment in VK
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Improvement

4 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's fast to have a real notion about the capabilities of the candidate.
We can get material to go deeper when we're interviewing candidate.

it's very easy to use. Supports different programming languages and can be fitted to our needs as company.

Sometimes the ui/ux/layout of the product isn't easy to read the code until the end. in 1 side we have the task and the other the result of it. Would be good if we can improve the live code and also have like a whiteboard to interact with the candidate and solve challenges during an interview or even during the challenge.

Reactie Codility

4 jaar geleden

Thanks for the feedback António, great that you like how easy Codility is to use. Since you asked about interview functionalities, you might want to try our CodeLive product which gives you a shared interface with your candidate for solving challenges together or coding together on a whiteboard. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we'll give you a tour!

Internship in Singapore

it's very helpful software

4 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: in one material, we can test with many programmer language.

i like the lesson. We can read the material before we can test our capability in mini test or challenge

in my first impression with this software, it's very user friendly. Not need many time to adapt with this software

Catriona D.
Catriona D.
Head Of Human Resources in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Speeds up the recruitment process

4 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Codility has really helped us speed up our recruitment process enabling us to do all of our candidate testing pre-interview

Ease of use for candidates and hiring managers

Time consuming to 1st set up the system for use as you need to create all of your tests

Connor H.
Recruiter II in VS
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A New Standard of SaaS for Software Engineer Testing

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Exceptional customer service.

Variety of testing and personalization options ensures that we are efficiently structuring our interview process to gauge engineering effectiveness.

The UI, while getting better, still leaves somethings to be desired.

Ben D.
CTO in Frankrijk
Verzekeringen, 11-50 werknemers

Great tool

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: You can learn a lot about your candidates by giving the same tests.
I'm using it mostly with junior developers.

The ease of use and the candidate experience.

That I don't have enough candidats to use it more :)

Chiheb S.
Software developer in Frankrijk
Informatiediensten, 51-200 werknemers

Good and easy-to-use software

5 4 jaar geleden

A really easy to use software. The provided exercises and challenges are intresting.

The possibility for the user to explicitly tell if he/she used copy/paste from another editor. (Sometimes, one prefer to use his own editor and lately copy the solution to Codility)

Nasser G.
Nasser G.
Senior IT Consultant in Frankrijk
Bankwezen, 11-50 werknemers

Very informative and professional

5 4 jaar geleden

The challenges and what you learn along the way

No code-completion in the dev environment, and limited unit testing (which ends up evaluating how good you are riddles and not necessarily engineering)

Senior iOS Developer in Italië
Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

it's a great platform

5 3 jaar geleden

I like to take tests on Codility, it's clear about requests and also it helps you through the process.

no cons about Codility, why would I have any?

Senior Software Developer in India
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

User friendliness UI/UX

4 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: First attempt made me wow

Easy-of-use, Code Problem, Examples sample

Navigation should be improved. Better debugging

Greg O.
Greg O.
Senior IT Recruitment Consultant in Ierland
Werving en selectie, 11-50 werknemers

Added Value

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very easy to use, great customer service if you want a custom test created

Codility really lets me add extra value to clients. It is an extra level of service that most of my competitors are providing. It is easy to use and helps me find the best candidates .

Nothing that comes to mind- very user freindly

David B.
Data Science Intern in VS

It was relatively straight forward with interactive guidelines on how to make things work

4 4 jaar geleden

Adding test cases is easy and the interface is intuitive. Compared to some other websites the instructions are clear cut and I had no problems when using it.

Error messages can be vague. I can't recall since my last challenge was a few months ago, but I don't think the error message pointed me towards a specific line in my code.

Samwel O.
Samwel O.
Backend Developer in Kenia

Challenging questions, makes you think out of the box.

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Improved software design and development patterns.

Easier to use. Great user interface. Challenging questions. Variety of languages. Tests different areas.

Very long Interview questions :) Hidden Tests that are not shown even after the test. Tests that are shown are very shallow.

Founder in Israël

Great product, very helpful!

5 4 jaar geleden

This is a great place for coders to prepare for interviews, and for employers to define an effective hiring process.

No cons I can think of. This is a con of this survey. Why do you force me to write a minimum when I'm just happy with the software?

Vikas S.
Team Lead in VK
Detailhandel, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great tool to filter out right candidates for your purpose

5 4 jaar geleden

- Getting a sense of pair programming with interviewee - Enables screening candidates' coding ability

Not sure yet ... I've not explored all of it so far.

Ashish A.
Ashish A.
Senior Software Engineer in India
Programmaontwikkeling, 2-10 werknemers

Online coding platform

3 3 jaar geleden

I was invited to give an online test on this platform. I liked the practice problem that they have provided with every detailed explanations as well. The test cases for each problems are also very diverse.

When we are doing a problem, every easy test cases are provided. Once we submit the solution, it evaluates on a wide range of test cases depending on correctness and performance. But these test cases are not visible to the programmer. We can't see them for future reference purpose. It just show that this case failed.