Carta for Investors reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Carta for Investors

Carta is the investment and ownership platform for VC firms and their portfolio companies.

Meer informatie over Carta for Investors

33 reviews worden weergegeven

Mallory R.
Senior Digital Marketing Specialist
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019

"Super easy to keep track of my stock options"

Opmerkingen: Overall it is simple and easy to use and makes it easy for a company with a large number of employees to keep track of which people have which vested stock options.

Pluspunten: Love how Carta automatically updates me as to when I have more vested options and shows a progress bar as to how far I still have to go for all of my stock options to vest.

Minpunten: No complaints but I probably haven't used this software at a deep enough level to truly find anything difficult or something to dislike about this software.

• Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019
Kevin C.
Business Operations Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

"Great App for Managing Private Equity"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's been awesome using Carta. It's a great tool to manage private equity. I'd highly recommend this.

Pluspunten: - Keeps track of multiple companies in a singular account
- Great data visualization tools for exercised vs. vested, etc.
- Repository for pertinent documentation

Minpunten: - Mobile application is lacking some features that the web app has (i.e. documentation repo).
- Sometime difficult to understand the workflow required to accomplish a task. There are multiple ways to do the same thing, which can leave the user feeling a bit lost at times.

• Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
David B.
Managing Member
Privé- en risicokapitaal, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-5-2020

"Imposible to use because its always so SLOW"

Opmerkingen: The CEO's and law firms that use it seem to be happy with it, as an investor user, I literally cringe every time we get a new stock cert from Carta because it takes so long to do antying.

Pluspunten: In theory, it should be easy to manage our portfolio of over 50 different holdings.

Minpunten: We are investors, not issuers. As investors, we have 3 big issues.
A). The site is SO SLOW, I literally end up e-mailing the portfolio company to ask for the information.
B) The UX for the portfolio is nonsensical. For example, if you accept a certificate, you are not taken to the holding,s rather to some summary page from which you then have to search for what you just accepted and if you are not in the right "portfolio", it doesn't show up.
C) Carta makes it very difficult for one to keep a backup.

• Beoordeeld op 10-5-2020
Frank T.
CFO
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-4-2020

"Great Cap Table Management and Scenario Modeling"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very happy with Carta.

Pluspunten: I love having an up-to-date Cap Table at all times and being able to model exit and funding round scenarios quickly. Integrated stock ledger and 409A valuations are a plus, too. I plan to implement investor and board communication into the platform this year.

Minpunten: I wish the scenario modeling provided optionality around convertible notes. But the file outputs allowed me to manipulate the data once in excel very easily. And they were presentation ready.

Zeah S.
Controller
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018

"Eshares to Carta"

Opmerkingen: We started with Carta when it was Eshares. Prior to using this software we were tracking everything in an excel spreadsheet which was a complete cluster. Now we can easily pull reports for information on the shareholders. The only difficulty I have encountered is the lack of a report that my auditors will accept without manipulation from myself. Still way better than manual tracking.

Pluspunten: The ease with which data can be entered

Minpunten: Reports for Audit purposes can be painful

• Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Director, People Operations
Consumentengoederen, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-11-2018

"Stock Options Made Easy"

Pluspunten: Carta helps us track all of our company's stock options in one place, providing simple reports and instant changes to our cap table.

Minpunten: Changes to Stakeholders now require more steps than they did in the previous format, it is a bit more time consuming when making a lot of changes.

DevOps Engineer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-7-2019

"Simple way to manage equity in a startup."

Pluspunten: It's easy to see when I can exercise shares, and it's easy to see my current holdings.

Minpunten: It's such a bare website. I would like some more features, maybe educationally-focused links and ways to track the value of the shares, if there is any information.

• Beoordeeld op 30-7-2019
Ben B.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-11-2019

"Easy way to monitor employee stock options"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Carta has been a useful tool for managing and visualizing my employee stock benefits.

Pluspunten: I'm not a finance expert, nor a lawyer. That's why I like Carta so much for managing my employee stock benefits. It keeps all the records and information in a single place that I can access easily, along with helpful guides and tutorials for what everything means. I also really like the interactive vesting schedule/option exercise calculator. They are both quite helpful in visualizing stock benefits.

Minpunten: I don't really have a complaint about Carta other than I wish it integrated with other employee benefits platforms, like Justworks. Obviously Carta is much more specialized than Justworks, and there are probably legal/security reasons it is separate, but it would be cool to have everything in one place.

• Beoordeeld op 8-11-2019
Theodore B.
Financial Analyst
Vastgoed, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-2-2019

"Good Cap Table Management Software"

Pluspunten: Carta is a very cool cap table management software with various functionality answering the majority of the needs of a startup for this kind of software. The UX is very nice and easy to use.

Minpunten: One of the downside of Carta is its CS. As long as everything is working it's perfect but when you need their CS you will have to wait a long time before your problem is resolved

• Beoordeeld op 26-2-2019
John C.
Business Development
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-4-2019

"Carta Review"

Opmerkingen: I enjoy using Carta, and hope I can continue to use it and continue to grow equity.

Pluspunten: I love having everything in one place, and easy to use, purchase and organize all of my grants and vested stock.

Minpunten: I wish that I could use some sort of market value prediction tool, as well as have deductions from my paycheck taken out to be used for stock.

• Beoordeeld op 22-4-2019
Rob P.
CFO
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-6-2019

"Huge timesaver, great value and has improved continuously over time"

Pluspunten: It solved a hugely expensive problem very easily (I used to have to manage our cap table in excel, print out paperwork and issue my own stock certificates. However, every time I look at software options, I was stuck going back to the same system. Using lawyers is truly insane cost-wise, so we manged it in-house. I talked to users of all competitive products and every single one noted errors in those products that led to board-level action and highly expensive fixes. This is NOT something you want to mess around with. Carta, however, was FAR superior to all other options in ease-of-use, accuracy of data, security, rapidity of product development, and ability to scale along with our company. They could make any adjustments needed without the needs for costly external counsel or board interaction.

Minpunten: When we first started using it (nearly 5 years ago), we found a few bugs in accounting reporting on edge cases (we had a couple outlier cases unusual for a company of our size at the time ). The Carta team quickly made adjustments to their software to resolve the problems however (and have continued to respond quickly to feedback).

• Beoordeeld op 21-6-2019
Senior Staff Accountant
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-7-2018

"Once top shop for cap table management"

Pluspunten: Very easy to use
Option grants to employees are all done through the software
There are reports for all our needs, from stock based comp calculations, min disclosure for financial statement audits, etc...
Customer support is top notch. Chat feature allows you to live chat support team with minimal wait time.

Minpunten: Reports take a very long time to populate and the files can be extremely large. Some report files are over 20 MB's

• Beoordeeld op 12-7-2018
Enrique F.
Accounting Manager
Consumentenelektronica, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018

"For a Start-up, this is a great tool to manage your equity"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Carta Equity Management allows us to track and record equity along with sharing the information with the employees. It also provides us the reports to book the quarterly stock based compensation.

Pluspunten: Carta is fairly easy to navigate, as the administrator I can answer questions employees may have as far as vesting and their options.

Minpunten: Some of the reports are not easily identifiable, you have to select the options you want when running the report.

• Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018
Jeff L.
Software Engineer
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018

"Step by step and very informative"

Pluspunten: I like how for every piece of information, Carta has detailed explanations for it. It's great for new people who are not familiar with how option grants work.
Interface is clean, and I like the different animations when you sign or purchase grants.
Also like the monthly email about the vesting progress.

Minpunten: Don't really have any problems with the software. I am just a user of the tool with very limited permissions. There is not much I can do on the site.

• Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018
Molly R.
SDR
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 201-500 werknemers

"User friendly "

Pluspunten: I was able to buy stocks through my company with just a couple of e-signatures.

Minpunten: It was lacking in some features. The time it took to get my stocks was a couple of days but that may have been on my HR side.

Tanner W.
Account Development Rep
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-4-2019

"Not sure how I should be using except once a year..."

Opmerkingen: Very nice UI. Seems intuitive.

Pluspunten: The UI is very slick. Easy to navigate. I'm sure when Carta is relevant to me, it will be easy to use.

Minpunten: Don't really know how I'm supposed to interact with it. Not sure if that's my company's fault or Carta's customer success team... All I know is one day I'll have RSU's in there and it will become more relevant.

• Beoordeeld op 25-4-2019
Account Executive
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-1-2019

"Very Easy Management of Company Shares"

Opmerkingen: I have loved that I can see all of my equity in the company and when the stock vests.

Pluspunten: I love being able to go in and see how many shares I have, how many have vested, and when the next shares will vest. It has a portfolio section as well that shows how many shares will vest and on what day those shares vest. Overall, it is a very simple program for the user and (from what I have heard) very easy to set everything up on as a company.

Minpunten: I hope that one day Carta will get into other markets to allow you to invest in other private companies. I feel like they have a great platform and would be good at adding a feature like this.

• Beoordeeld op 13-1-2019
HR Manager
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019

"Stocks in One Place!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, no major issues with Carta. Makes the stock options piece of my job easier to manage and communicate.

Pluspunten: I really like using Carta to manage our stock options for employees. I find it simple to use both for administrators as well as employees who are creating accounts and reviewing options.

Minpunten: Sometimes I find the reports are tedious to complete because there are many options to select. Sometimes it does take some time to make multiple changes.

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Aaron D.
QA Analyst
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 51-200 werknemers

"Great for users"

Pluspunten: Easily see all investments with my current company. Easy to read and understand. I get an email each month with updated vested shares.

Minpunten: None that I can think of at this time. Will see when I am fully vested.

Sustaining Engineer
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-11-2019

"Stock Options: Managed"

Opmerkingen: Does what I need it to as an employee of a company that offers stock options.

Pluspunten: app for iOS and a web portal with Two Factor Authentication required before anything can be used. Gives an extra layer of assurance that only the intended user is accessing sensitive financial information.

Minpunten: The password requirements are kind of funny, starts off by saying "Your password needs to be at least good and 9 characters long.", then changes the message as more characters are typed. The definition of "good" is eventually revealed.

• Beoordeeld op 26-11-2019
Case Manager
Verzekeringen, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019

"We use this to distribute/organize stocks"

Pluspunten: Our company gives employees stock options and we use Carta to organize/distribute/view your stock options. It is pretty helpful and easy to use. You can check out each stock option separately so you know exactly when you received each amount and when it vests and such

Minpunten: I don't have anything I don't like about it, I guess I just wish I knew what else the website can do, I only really know about accepting/viewing my stock options.

• Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019
Tatiana S.
Controller
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers

"Great Product!"

Pluspunten: This product is easy to use and we are very happy with it.

Minpunten: I can't think of anything that can be improved as of now.

Jon D.
Senior Recruiter
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Great Equity Management"

Opmerkingen: We use Carta to manage our company equity and stock options.

Pluspunten: Easy and efficient way to check on equity status. I also like the language / articles that Carta provides about stocks and stock options.

Minpunten: The platform is straightforward and easy to use I have no complaints

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Jeremy K.
Operations Manager
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-8-2018

"Great solution for sharing equity numbers with employees"

Pluspunten: I really like the email updates when options vest. It keeps the employees engaged and interested in seeing their vested equity grow.

Minpunten: It was a bit of work for our finance manager to get setup but all is well now and no issues to report from the employees.

• Beoordeeld op 11-8-2018
Paralegal
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

"Onboarding Nightmare"

Opmerkingen: Our company has been managing equity via Excel spreadsheets and have grown to the point that we need something better. Once we have Carta up, we are hoping to spend far less time updating spreadsheets. Should just be enter the information once and all the reports update.

Pluspunten: Software is very pretty. Our rep is available consistently for phone calls to discuss onboarding.

Minpunten: If you have any non-standard options, Carta is probably not for you. We have been onboarding for months now, and our account rep has done almost nothing. We gave him the information we had, but he doesn't seem to grasp the spreadsheets so we've basically had to do the uploading ourselves. Now that we are almost ready for go-live, I still can't find information in the system that I am looking for. Additionally, the software doesn't make up agreements (for example, if you loaded up a template). You just upload your agreements into the system after they are made on another platform. So basically it's a hosted skin for shares reporting? Not sure, and not happy.