Microsoft Excel reviews

4,8 (18.353) Schrijf een review!

Over Microsoft Excel

Toonaangevende software voor spreadsheets en gegevensanalyse. Doorgaans gebundeld met Microsoft Office.

Meer informatie over Microsoft Excel

Pluspunten:

It's versatile functionality and data handling is best in class. It's online help and a huge user community makes it easy to learn and collaborate.

Minpunten:

1 year later, I found out I had to pay year after year. I was very disappointed that I had been deceived.

Beoordelingen van Microsoft Excel

Gemiddelde score

Gebruiksgemak
4,3
Klantenservice
4,3
Functies
4,7
Waar voor je geld
4,6

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling

9,1/10

Microsoft Excel heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 18.353 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Microsoft Excel eerder gebruikt?

Deel je ervaringen met andere softwarekopers.

Reviews filteren (18.353)

Susan
PTA Treasurer
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Excel-lent!!

5,0 5 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Geverifieerde reviewer
Calculator in Nederland
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Bouwmaterialen, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Excel handig voor overzichten

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

Excel is een krachtig rekenprogramma waarbij je met formules bijna alles qua overzichten, berekeningen en filters voor elkaar kan krijgen.

Minpunten:

Groter leercurve voordat je alle functies van Excel onder de knie heb en je weet wat er allemaal mee mogelijk is.

Roel
calculator in Nederland
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

goed hulpprogramma bij werkzaamheden

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

excel is een degelijk en overzichtelijk programma die je kunt gebruiken bij je dagelijkse werkzaamheden. de basis is simpel in gebruik.

Minpunten:

er zijn zoveel functies dat je soms even moet zoeken waar alles zit

Myrthe
Myrthe
Founder in Nederland
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Hele fijne software

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

Geeft een duidelijk overzicht en kost minder tijd door de formules die je kunt gebruiken.

Minpunten:

Het kost even tijd om volledig gebruik te maken van de formules; het zijn er best wel wat.

Orlando
Orlando
Tec Informatico in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Excel la mejor se su tipo.

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Por lo general muy útil me permite hacer de todo en mi trabajo en la oficina.

Pluspunten:

Lo que más me ha gustado es la variedad de operaciones que puedes realizar con dicho software.

Minpunten:

Al principio me fue un poco complicado aprender a usarlo quizás hacerlo yn poco más fácil de usar a usuarios principiantes.

Ngha
Ngha
Data Analyst in Kameroen
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

The best spreadsheet application in existence

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Excel offers spreadsheet fans of any level a tremendous lot of enjoyment, but it has given us more than we can chew at this point in time. You are need to go through extensive training in order to use all of its capabilities. Excel is similar to my handback. I take it with me wherever I go. Nowadays, the solution to any question may be found in a spreadsheet. I've progressed from simple addition and subtraction formulae to developing Macros, executing queries with Power Query, Pivot tables, and much more in Excel. Excel is an essential tool in my job as an accountant and data analyst. Despite having used this for many years, there is still so much to learn, and I am always discovering new recipes on YouTube and forums. What you can accomplish with Excel is limitless.

Pluspunten:

Power query, Power Pivot, Pivot tables, and pivot charts have been my favorite tools in excel. Macros and the all new LAMBA functions are spicing up my everyday experience with excel. There are a lot of things to love about excel if you take some time to learn it. Array formulas have been scary in excel, but In excel 2021, they implemented spilled arrays which has made the fun more enjoyable. I just love excel.

Minpunten:

There is limitation on the amount of data a spreadsheet can hold. Excel is limited to about a million rows. If you are not familiar with cube formulas or pivot tables, it will be difficult to go above this limitation.

Lauren
Membership Advisor in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Here for a Long Time

3,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Microsoft Excel will likely always be used by myself and the company I work for due to its features and familiarity. I have several uses for Excel that I cannot find elsewhere and that is invaluable. There are times when Excel presents hurdles and makes it difficult for daily use, but I still use it every day.

Pluspunten:

I love the Microsoft Excel has been with me in the workplace and in school growing up all this time. I am familiar with the product and that has made it comfortable to use. Excel is key for creating formulas and understand the numbers of our productivity that I cannot find elsewhere on my own.

Minpunten:

This software is not super easy on the eyes. It is also difficult to share and make changes in real time with others. When sent it is difficult to view exactly as sent without actually downloading the document. Sometimes it is hard to understand every single feature offered to better the experience.

Amanda
Bookkeeper in Canada
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excel just makes life better

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Having multiple reports to create and a large amount of data to sort out I would not want to have to do this without excel, that's for sure. Pivot tables for instance, dramatically cut downtime spent trying to figure out what it is I need at that time. It's done almost instantly, it really is great.

Pluspunten:

When I started using excel several years ago I had never seen it or anything like it before. Now I could not imagine life without it. I use it in my spare time just for fun. The features are incredible. I learn something new everyday and it's exciting, especially for someone in my profession where many tasks are time sensitive. Everything about it makes your life easier. My excitement has even rubbed off on to my co-worker who is learning new things everyday and before that never gave it a second thought. If I could have a computer for just one reason it would absolutely be for Excel!

Minpunten:

Tough question. Maybe if I had to say something, it would be the error messages. But then again you can always turn them off!

Jose
Jose
Business Change Manager. IPMA PMP. in Panama
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Advantages of using Microsoft Excel in the financial area of ​​the organization.

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Its use is widely used and Microsoft Excel has been constantly incorporating new features, in addition to allowing third-party developers to integrate with Excel, which guarantees its universal use for a long time.

Pluspunten:

Microsoft Excel is a preferred tool for most users, in addition to being universally adopted, this allows us to share information with suppliers and customers without worrying if they will be able to open the document. This offers great peace of mind for connectivity and dissemination of information.

Minpunten:

Microsoft excel continues to be a preferred tool in practically all organizations, so that some companies that have adopted the use of open source may have compatibility problems. Obviously it is a path that is beyond the reach of a software developer and the most important thing is the universal adoption of Microsoft Excel.

Joel
Joel
Quality Engineer in Spanje
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Microsoft excel is a key program for almost everything but with one defect

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Microsoft Excel is probably the main software I use at work and I use it for almost everything but with an importan con which that you cannot work 2 people at the same time in the same file.

Pluspunten:

Microsoft Excel is probably one of the best softwares you can use and vital for your business and almost for everything. It's important for accounting, to have your process under control and for almost everything. It's very versatile and you can use it for almost everything

Minpunten:

One of the main cons I see is that the file is not shared so if you want to work with your team, you have to save the file, share it and work one by one. There is the Microsoft 365 but this has an extra cost.

Matteo
Matteo
COO in Italië
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Machinebouw, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excel su iPad

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Ottimo software, ricco di funzionalità e con un’interfaccia utente chiara e accattivante. Ad oggi ritengo sia leader indiscusso nel suo settore.

Pluspunten:

Microsoft Excel è di fatto uno standard di mercato e un prodotto altamente maturo e consolidato. Ho provato negli anni a usare le alternative (p.e. LibreOffice) ma non riesco ad adattarmi. Inoltre le alternative spesso non hanno un’applicazione per iPad.

Minpunten:

La versione per iPad ha difficoltà ad aprire formati di file diversi da .xlsx e pertanto spesso devo convertire i file che ricevo prima di poterli aprire. Inoltre mancano alcune funzioni, quali la formattazione condizionale e gli ordinamenti personalizzati. Ho provato anche a utilizzare la versione web, che è più completa, ma questa impone l’obbligo di passare attraverso OneDrive per aprire i file, il che è estremamente scomodo se su iPad si utilizza iCloud.

Rakesh
Rakesh
Project Officer in India
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

An Essential Software, Must to be in Everyone's PC

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Excel has been providing a great service in creating spreadsheets, computations, data analytics, chartings and visualizations. Excel sheets have been synonym for spreadsheets for a long period, However with little upgrades. It is very simple in usage and deployment and has been very helpful for me and my colleagues in our data handling.

Pluspunten:

The features such as creating spreadsheets, Mathematical manipulations, analyzing of data, automations, visualizing through charting and other means basically sum-up the functions of Microsoft Excel. I am using this software since childhood and love every single feature of this and they are very essential too.

Minpunten:

The interface has not much improvements over the years, yes they are fixing the bugs and feeding new formulas and variables, However it still awaits a great update which will take its functionality to next level, so that it can be integrated or collaborated with other BI & Data analytics softwares'.

Mark
Mark
Freelance Web Developer in Ierland
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Still the best spreadsheet features available on the market

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

While I don't consider myself an expert I have figured out what I need to save time and use excel to work for me to make life easier on a regular basis.

Minpunten:

With such a broad set of features it can be difficult to know what areas to up skill on but there is great documentation available for training in any feature when it is needed.

Pauline
Free-lance in Zwitserland
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Internationale handel en ontwikkeling, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Excel est excellent 😊

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: J’utilise Microsoft Excel très souvent car il est un très bon logiciel de travail ,je l'utilise pour calculer mes données et mettre en place mettre en places mes tableaux

Pluspunten:

Avec Microsoft Excel, il est possible de réaliser de bon tableau et graphique . Le système d’insertion de formule permet de faire des statistiques exactes et très rapide .Étant gratuit, je pense que c’est le meilleur logiciel pour les calculs et tableaux

Minpunten:

Excel est accessible à tous mais demande une bonne connaissance, d’où l’importance de se former avant de l’utiliser.

feras
feras
Operations Supervisor at a shipping and logistics company in Saoedi-Arabië
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A comprehensive explanation of my personal experience with Microsoft Excel

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I started using Microsoft Excel 27 years ago when it was installed on the computer via 6 Philips disk and from that time until now I have not used any other program in all the fields I worked in and used it in all its versions. Quick tables and invoice design in all its forms. I even used it to make small stickers to put on products. It is indeed a comprehensive program for those who learn it and know all its secrets. Graphs are also available in a professional manner and can be easily dealt with, a feature that you can find in a complete program that specializes only in graphs and buy it For a high amount, either Excel provides it as one of the features I have done a lot of work through Which made me distinguished in my work and in front of my managers because I was professional in it and everyone came to me to help him in making the schedules that take with them in other programs a lot of time I was accomplishing in Excel in minutes

Pluspunten:

I liked the Microsoft Excel program, that it is flexible and easy to learn and work on. It is an excellent place for making tables and electronic tables that contain simple and complex equations, which makes me able to make a simple accounting program in record time and complete tables and invoices in minutes, and the graphs can be inserted very easily and simply Also, the file contains several pages, and new pages can be added endlessly. The pages can be linked to equations between them easily. When saving the work, it can be saved with several extensions to open it in other programs such as the pdf extension and many great features in the program

Minpunten:

I can assure you that there are no downsides to Microsoft Excel. There was a simple note, which is to change the work format when opening the file with old, previous versions.

Khalid
Khalid
writer - content marketing team in India
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

powerful analytical and data managing tool

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with app/software/SAAS can be summed in the follwing points:A. The given app/software/SAAS has been solving the following business problems :- organisation of data- data entry- preparing accounting statements- comparison of data- B. i have been able to realize the following benefits with the help of the given app/software/SAAS :- data analysis- budgeting- sales forecast-account - work sheet of staff

Pluspunten:

Pros : i found the following features as most impactful:- analysis of large amount of data- exceellent tool to edit or summarise data- data visulaisation tools- data calculation tools- tabulation of dataYes the product is quite easy to use for: - fiteration of desired data- sorting and calculating of data- presentation of data as charts & graphs- pivot tables could be used easily- fast calculation of data Yes i was successfully able to implement the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes quite smoothly and easily as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides..

Minpunten:

Cons : I found the following features that were either missing or could be improved:- database aspect missing- human error probability is maximum- proper user guide missing- ability to recover lost filesI found the following features or aspects of the product that are difficult to use:- pictures alignment with cells- collaborative working becomes difficult- difficult to use macros - difficult to handle mathematical equations and formula- mobile application difficult to use No, the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes not so much difficult as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides.

Beth
Beth
Senior Regulatory Specialist in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

The Power to Tell Your Story

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love Excel. It is my favorite tool, and makes it possible for me to truly love my job. The job I have now is 90% Excel spreadsheets of varying complexity. I stepped into a job that I don't have the appropriate accounting knowledge for, but the tools in Excel have helped me get up to speed very quickly, and produce high quality output.

Pluspunten:

I process massive amounts of data each month into a series of reports, payments, and regulatory filings. Excel gives me everything I need to take raw data dumps from a variety of systems and compile the data into a single workbook where I can compare, balance, and report monthly activity. Excel's capacity to provide layers upon layers of data is vital. Excel's rich Formula base gives you tools to take the information you have and turn it into the information you need. Whatever you think Excel can do, it can do more. After 20 years, I'm still learning new things all the time.

Minpunten:

I honestly can't think of much I don't like about Excel, except that there is so much, that no matter what you know, there's more...or a better way, or an easier way, or a possible way. Getting help in Excel can be overwhelming because of the sheer number of options available. I can't say that I don't like that about Excel, but it could be daunting to some. I don't even know how to suggest to make it better. I love Excel and wouldn't want it any other way.

Mowshori
Researcher in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

With Microsoft Excel, I can look at a lot of data at once.

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Microsoft has made Excel apps that can be put on smartphones so that the user can view, edit, and share Excel files.

Pluspunten:

It lets me work on the web version of MS Excel with my peers or coworkers. This means that I and my peers can access the Excel file from anywhere and change it at the same time. Excel is a great tool for analyzing data because not only can I store our data and do calculations with it, but it also comes with a number of other tools. Powerful tools for filtering, sorting, and searching help me narrow down the factors I need to think about when making decisions. So, I can play with a huge amount of data in an efficient way.

Minpunten:

If the file is too big, it can slow down the Excel program because the interpreter/compiler has to go through each row and/or column. The easiest way to make sure Excel is time-efficient is to break up the file into smaller files. For a one-time analysis, Microsoft Excel is a great tool. The information doesn't go into the spreadsheet. The user has to type in every single bit by hand.

Hammad Anis
Assistant Professor in Pakistan
Civiele techniek, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Microsoft excel software that makes data calculation and viewing simple

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I adore Excel's user interface, computation features, and data visualization possibilities. I track the progress of the projects using this spreadsheet application, find any gaps, and take the necessary action. Along with computing the dues, I also need to keep track of the overall amount of work completed and payments thus far. Moreover, this software is incredibly simple to use and has amazing power. There are numerous tutorials available to me if I get stuck somewhere. Things are now more interactive thanks to Office 365 because you may export your analysis to PowerPoint or MSWord. Additionally, I can visualize data using maps and icons with the aid of programs like PowerUser. The great additional features included by Power User also assist me in managing the test results of my training participants, such as Vlookup Max. Excel's graph management is also much superior to Google Sheets'. Transferring such graphs in PowerPoint is more practical because, for some reason, Google Slides blurs the graphs a little.

Pluspunten:

The best and most convenient way to organize data is in table format. I like how simple this software is to use to enter the numbers I've collected over the course of the year, and how it serves as a handy reference to keep my numbers organized. Moreover, I enjoy utilizing the pre-built formulas and adding them to the database. Important fields can be color-coded, which is a useful feature.

Minpunten:

It's inevitable that small human errors will be made when a spreadsheet has a lot of data. It can be very challenging to spot those errors later. Moreover, When utilizing the software, some error messages can be challenging to understand, and sometimes the functions require complicated variables to be entered.

Dennis
Freelancer in Kenia
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Microsoft Excel is the best for data entry

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been working with it day to day in my last occupation as a statistical surveying examiner. I had my lord calculation sheet, with more than 30 sheets inside, all that efficient, and fundamentally at the start of every day, I opened the calculation sheet and didn't close it until I leave work. I utilized for the most part fundamental numerical and measurable usefulness, and I now and again made charts for week-by-week group gatherings. Feeling sure with the product, I have no question it will help me a ton in my new position too.
It's been some time since I worked with MS Excel routinely. Sufficiently sure, I utilized it frequently at school, for fundamental estimations and to make represented diagrams for school introductions. I think it is extraordinary programming, truly natural, and simple to utilize, on the grounds that it has comparative UI as different projects from Microsoft, for example, MS Word, which I am utilizing all the more often. To summarize it, I might require a little while to clean my abilities with MS Excel, to review either usefulness. Yet, I won't battle working with it in the gig, that is without a doubt.
All things considered, I've been working generally with Open Office, which is a free option in contrast to MS Office. I couldn't say whether you have some involvement in Calc from Open Office, however the UI and usefulness are practically indistinguishable from MS Excel. That is the reason I am genuinely sure to deal with exactly the same thin

Pluspunten:

1. Easy to use and user-friendly. 2. Performs Calculations 3. Good for data visualization 4. Presence of developer tab for development purposes using VBA.

Minpunten:

1. It is unsuitable for agile business practices. 2. It is hard to make clear decisions while using it.

Raj
Raj
DGM Marketing in India
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Mijnbouw en metalen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

You’ve got the most powerful spreadsheet software!

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excel offers a lot of spreadsheet fun for both novice and professionals, but it has provided us with more than we can chew. You must train yourself heavily to use every feature it provides.

Pluspunten:

1. Microsoft Excel has been a flagship software of the company for ages. It has been growing every year and has always been coming up with newer and newer features. There is a common saying that you can never learn everything in excel because it comes with another significant update when you get to know everything. 2. Besides basic spreadsheet features, Excel boasts a host of valuable tools. For instance, the Formulas tool is too exhaustive and includes ready-made formulas for almost every function, including mathematical, statistical, logical, financial, date, time, and whatnot. 3. Data tools are a game changer for this beautiful piece of software. Twist and tweak your data to come up with many interpretations automatically. Subtotals, text to columns, filter, auto sum, queries, sorting, validation, and what-if analysis are some of the most important ways you can analyze your data. 4. The review tab lets you work with your team for proofing, lookup, translation, commenting, protecting, etc. 5. Insert tab is also quite powerful with functions like pivot tables, charts, 3D maps, slicer, timeline, etc. 6. You can change views to fit your need – like side-by-side scrolls, split, hide, auto arrange, page break preview, zoom, workbook views, etc. 7. The Macro feature is so extensive that it hides a complete programming tool like Visual basic to control Excel’s repetitive tasks, design your software to analyze data, query databases, or develop dashboards. 8. Help tool is a storeho

Minpunten:

1. The Help tool almost always uses the internet to explain things. There should be some information that should always be available offline. Even for simple issues, you need internet connectivity. 2. Since you need to learn a lot to use Excel, it would be helpful to have simple-to-understand training material. Just like maths, some students still fear Excel because they lack proper training. 3. The latest Excel versions are highly dependent on the internet. Poor connectivity may spoil your real excel experience. Sometimes, you must wait for updates to finish to start using Excel. 4. There are some compatibility issues with the previous versions. You may face awkward situations if your file is saved in the latest version and you cannot edit it in prior versions. 5. The online User Support facility needs to be more responsive.

Shari
Shari
Management Consultant Lead in Jamaica
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Consumentendiensten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

The Greatest Spreadsheet App

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

This software, although very technical, is so easy to use and work on for an unskilled person like myself. It seems so daunting to figure out how to create the perfect spreadsheet for your data, but the hints and templates that come with the program make it almost simple. Our managers incorporate it into almost every form of documentation we require and its so easy to access the files from our cloud drives to make changes. If its a document that should not be edited, it's a quick fix to turn off the editing options. Your files can be set to be shared with only a specific set of people, and certain sections of a sheet can also be set to be un-editable by those people. Personally, I use excel for things as simple as tracking my guinea pigs' weight, to things as complex as tracking and creating my future expected work shifts and expected income. For work it can be used for quality assurance scoring and progress tracking.

Minpunten:

The only thing to dislike is how many shortcuts there are to complete simple tasks but there's no way to easily figure them out unless you spend dedicated time on videos and tutorials to learn them all. But I don't hold that against Excel, its that dedication which separates people like me from the people who are skilled in Excel.

Ajit Johnson
Instructor of Medicine in VS
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excel: The Best Way to Organize Your Data

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have had a positive experience with Microsoft Excel. It is a powerful tool that has helped me to be more efficient and organized in my work. I have used it to create spreadsheets, track data, and perform various calculations. It is user-friendly and has multiple features that make it a valuable tool for anyone who needs to work with a small amount of data.

Pluspunten:

I use Excel almost on a daily basis. I like many things about it, but some of my favorite features are the ability to quickly create charts and graphs and the ability to perform quick calculations. I also like the fact that Excel is very user-friendly and with advanced features that are easy to learn.

Minpunten:

Sometimes the auto-formatting can be disadvantageous, for example in my case it auto-formats "Gene Names" into dates.

Eddie
CEO in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Improved substantially over time, still challenging for collaboration

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall positive in it's ability to run locally with the most robust features, but in an era where collaboration must happen in real time on the Cloud, it has been frustrating to collaborate. Most fully featured platform though.

Pluspunten:

Most robust spreadsheet platform that has the most comprehensive amount of formulas, graphics, pivot tables, and just technical features, runs locally so if you're on the airplane you can still run everything.

Minpunten:

Weak on Cloud and collaboration. You have to log out of the platform for a teammate to make edits. Since team members don't get to work on the project at the same time huge efficiency is lost as some teammates just have to wait until it's their turn whereas Google Sheets you can operate everything at the same time.

Mohammed
Tech. Manager and Software Arch in Jordanië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

The key source for producing spreadsheets and manipulating them mathematically and statistically.

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Lots and lots of things that have helped us and continue to help us with MS Excel every day, as all the tables are prepared by it, and then they are exported to other programs, as the ease with which data is entered into MS Excel is not available in other applications. Add to that the amount of arithmetic, statistical and graphic operations that are accomplished through it every day.

Pluspunten:

MS Excel is one of the most important tools I deal with on a daily basis and I can never do without it. In fact, I cannot list all the things I love about MS Excel, as the numbers that are entered into the cells on the page, enable you to perform many, many arithmetic operations and create graphs of various kinds. I like the smoothness with which all of this is done, so that data is entered easily, tables are prepared and formatted, and the required calculations are performed, as well as preparing it all for printing or sharing. I like how it integrates with most applications and how it gives you multiple options to save that data so that you can export it to the application you need. I also like the formatting options for graphs so that you can form the desired graphic as you wish, I also like the copy and paste options with the rest of the Office programs, and also the multiple paste options, which can be an image, so that it is easy to insert and coordinate with the rest of the content on the Word page, for example. As for the calculations, it is almost inclusive of everything, from the simple to the complex. Add to this the many videos and educational materials that Microsoft provides to enable users to achieve a greater understanding of how to perform these operations correctly.

Minpunten:

Nothing is mentioned at all, as everything related to numbers, arithmetic operations and their related matters is available in MS Excel, and you cannot find a tool that can compete with it or be able to achieve the same quality of services that you get with MS Excel.

Gábor
IT Consultant in Hongarije
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A software in need is a software indeed

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I live in and writing this review from Hungary, yet I am sure in other nations as well, MS Excel and Office tools are the leaders, but not the only sw. used to deal with a table file, in Hungary we do not even call them "documents", "table files", simply refer to them as "Excel" that is how big impact this program has made on our life. MS Excel is on the market around for nearly 40 years, one of the most widely-can-be-used sw. on the market and I think is the best. Happy to have it, personally I am utilizing Office kit from my elementary school days and will in the future. Yes, there are some rivals to MS Excel, yet it is still the uncrown king. You may give a try to its rivals, there are free and paid versions too, so as online version are available.

Pluspunten:

Tons of educational stuff, examples, tricks, cheat sheets, "homework" like tasks are available. You may get it for free, if you are a student, genuine activation keys for a nominal price can be found in the net, yet can be used with a Microsoft account for free (limitations, less feature are obviously there), with great functionality. MS Excel is widely-known I reckon in the planet and used by numerous governments, also in Hungary. In the governmental entities, employees, officers use Office software daily, so it is thought until and even after the uni. Companies, literally in every-single sector utilizing Excel (or Excel-like sw.) daily. The features MS Excel a bit too enormous for one single user, simply not all the functions, and capabilities can be known. Small companies like mine, has an Excel for everything, follow up on the expenses, make statistics, handle a table of contracts and important info in them, instead of a CRM, export reports data into, plan the sw. development activities there, embed file in Excels, put pictures in, track daily activities, even you may have excel with VB knowledge to create new files with macros, you can make more filtering, read-write data, manipulate other Excel documents and so on. Also an important feature, you can lock you sheets, your workbook with a password, so as you can protect your Excel Visual Basic codes. During your private life, Excel will be your help to do your tasks. 3rd party add-ons are available.

Minpunten:

You have the possibility to share a workbook and simultaneously edit it with others, if the doc. saved to an on-line store, you can edit it on-line or on your on-premise, these function needs to be developed furthermore, sometimes not that smooth, incompatibly due to these versions, loss of functions, occur. Writing a program to use other docs. data can be not that smooth at first, its programming language VB could be better. You can crack the Excel workbook password protection if you check it on the web. Bugs can appear, like resetting a font to the "inherited" one, not showing the result but instead of the formula, not properly loading a different time and language zone created Excel according your settings, showing English formulas instead your own language. Excel also tends to bet slow or even crash when you supply it too much data (but like Power Query, Power Pivot and other, newly introduced "tools" aiming to make these better). Consuming RAM, hard drive could be better. On the IOS, Android apps world, Excel I am not sure the best, nor the leader (as MS got aware this "market" a bit later). When moving from away from your "initial" network or VPN to a different one, it tends to not be able to save your work or give you dialog boxes to re-save your work or overwrite the existing file. Conversion between other text file types, data inputs, reading, opening, editing inherited data, handling dates, are some points Excel can give you hard times.