Gemiddelde scores

4,6 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,3 /5

Over Google Meet

De toepassing werkt synchroon met de Gmail-account en ondersteunt communicatie via tekstberichten, audio- en videogesprekken.

Meer informatie over Google Meet

10.378 reviews worden weergegeven

Pat L.
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-4-2020

"Video Conference from Gmail"

Opmerkingen: I use a variety of collaboration tools, but my regular go-to tool is meet.google.com. Also, since Google upgraded Hangouts to add a phone number option, it's become a possible to use with everyone, regardless of someone's firewall settings.

Pluspunten: Hangouts Meet is already available from within Gmail. It's simple to add to a meeting invitation from Gcal or to launch for impromptu meetings from the G-Suite launchpad.

Minpunten: Many large organizations have firewall settings that block this tool. Also, Google definitely is no longer a privacy advocate, so be aware that your call.video is stored on one of their servers for their purposes. Finally, while this is all browser-based on Macs/PCs, it is a resource hog, but not as bad as Webex.

• Beoordeeld op 5-4-2020
Tibor K.
Producer
(Bioscoop)films, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-1-2021

"I want my Google Hangouts"

Opmerkingen: Google Meet solves my need to establish a connection with my colleagues and clients and hold a quick and short meetings when I know that all of the involved are comfortable with Google's platform. The tool has strong competition from other similar providers which are also offering a better and more expansive system which has some benefits for business users.
I like the fact that Google is incorporating and connecting its software, so it's on one hand very easy to connect Google Calendar to this and offers some extended functionality, but at the same time you can see quite easily that those two programs are developed by completely different teams that are not thinking alike. I would love a chat buddy (AI of some sorts) to take notes on what everyone is saying during the meetings.

Pluspunten: I adore the overall simplicity and cleanliness of the GUI. As a standard feature available with any of the tier of the new Google Workspace it is very accessible, and most of the clients I work with are already somehow connected to the Google platform, either through email or their phones. I love the option to change my GUI and have multiple screen layouts (not revolutionary, but nice to have). The fact that a shortened link is automatically created on starting a new meeting is also a deal breaker because it's very easy to communicate where to meet with the clients and coworkers. I love the fact that the Meet can create captions to be able to understand others more easily.

Minpunten: The nice use of white space and the emptyish GUI is also an issue somehow because some of the functionality is lacking. I would love a dedicated desktop app (like Skype, or Zoom, have) - for example to be able to share files just by drag&dropping them into the conversation windows. It would be great to be to chat with people in particular and not just the entire group all at once. Also, a fantastic option would be to be able to record the entire session.

• Beoordeeld op 22-1-2021
Shahila A.
Business Development Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021

"Best with video call"

Opmerkingen: I really like using this video conference software, and participant don't even have to download and installing the software as they work on web-based. Connecting with my colleague and friend really easy and it help us to grow closer especially in this pandemic era. Overall, i really like all my experience with this software.

Pluspunten: The best feature that i feel very helpful in this software is the video call or the video conference. It let me to have a online meeting with my team or my department especially we have to work from home nowadays. The participant can easily join the video call room by the invitation link and no password needed.

Minpunten: Google Meet lacks of digital whiteboard on its feature. I really need the whiteboard to assist me to have a better presentation and it also will help us when we having a online discussion for our weekly meeting. The video quality also keep dropping even when i have a stable internet connection.

• Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021
Heather A.
English teacher
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

"Hangouts- not all good"

Opmerkingen: My negatives happen to be that Google hang out sometimes can be distracting especially since we have been teaching virtually and the students will you think they’re paying attention to you on zoom or whatever but they’re not because they are in Google hangouts chatting with each other. This is where I have my negativity comes in because I can’t get them out of the chats and I can’t control the chats like I would like to be able to. I don’t like to be one of those teachers that says no but they need to be focusing on me during class time and not on their Google hangouts.

Pluspunten: I have to say I have mixed review about Google hangouts.When I first found out about the Google hangouts I was really excited about it and I introduced her to my students. It was working great they could do projects together after school they could meet each other and chat about some thing they could find out what the homework was things like that also I am it really works during the COVID-19 because they can’t get together and work next week on there but they can chat to each other on the Google hangouts. With all of that sad I am I also like to use it for my colleagues and to reach out real quick and touch base. But I guess I’ll put the negatives in the con box because I do have negatives.

Minpunten: When I first found out about the Google hangouts I was really excited about it and I introduced her to my students. It was working great they could do projects together after school they could meet each other and chat about some thing they could find out what the homework was things like that also I am it really works during the COVID-19 because they can’t get together and work next week on there but they can chat to each other on the Google hangouts. With all of that sad I am I also like to use it for my colleagues and to reach out real quick and touch base. But I guess I’ll put the negatives in the con box because I do have negatives.

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021
Jarad P.
Director of Marketing & Communications
Filantropie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-3-2021

"Google Meet is a Solid Alternative to Zoom"

Opmerkingen: We turned to Google Meet to help us expand our virtual meeting capabilities. With the low-price Zoom offering, we quickly hit our license limit. With Google Meet, the app is included in our G Suite purchase so there was never a problem with licensing or accessing our accounts.

Pluspunten: My colleagues began our work-from-home adventure using Zoom and quickly encountered some problems, mostly with hitting the limits of our license very quickly. We explored buying more licenses and then decided to give Google Meet a try since it's included with the purchase of the G Suite, which includes other useful tools like Google Drive and Gmail. Google Meet is easy to use, intuitive and has a great mobile app.

Minpunten: The only drawback to switching to Google Meet was needing to relearn some basic functions like sharing screens. Many of us spent the first six months of COVID exclusively using Zoom, so it took some time to pivot to Google Meet. That said, we're fully entrenched in Google now and like it very much. My IT guy also praises the enhanced security since our Google Meet accounts are linked with our Google Logins, which automatically include two-factor authentication.

• Beoordeeld op 2-3-2021
Paulo N.
COO
Machinebouw, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-2-2021

"Pandemic accelerated Google Meet features but it is still lacking some..."

Opmerkingen: Every day companion on these long days at the home office, improving a lot lately, but with room to improve further.

Pluspunten: All-in-one with Google Workspace, easy login, connected to my calendar e-mail, good iOS app, works great on chrome. Stable even with lots of people connected with cameras on. After march/20, google speeded up the new features pace, following zoom active users boom. for a brief period o time in 2020 all enterprise only (pricy) features were open for all.

Minpunten: I really miss "record meetings" feature on non enterprise accounts. And the fact that you can move features up or down on products inside the google workspace subscription forces decisions to have "another" product (such as zoom) to solve your specific need, although it is a google workspace problem, not Google Meet. A better solution for dual connection (connecting smartphone and laptop browser) at the same meeting is pending, you should be able to connect as viewer only in the same way we do as presenter only.

Keziah M.
Administrator
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-3-2021

"good and affordable but not so great software"

Opmerkingen: I love this software because the free version gives you 60mins to meet with up to 100 people.

Pluspunten: The best thing about Google meet is that anyone who has a google email can start a meeting with up to 100 people who also Gmail accounts. The software is compatible with basically all devices hence one can access a meeting from wherever they are. As the host for a meeting one gets to mute participants in a meeting or even remove them from the meeting. The screen sharing tool makes it easy for one to make presentations in a meeting. Another main thing that I love about this software is that one is able to preview the audio and video quality of the call just before joining the meeting.

Minpunten: The two things that I least like about this software are that it keeps dropping the audio in a call and the fact that one needs a Gmail account in order to join a meeting.

• Beoordeeld op 19-3-2021
George rex A.
Co-founder & CAO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-2-2021

"A Clean Alternative to Zoom"

Opmerkingen: I am really enjoying the app. I'm very comfortable with Google products, so Meet isn't going to be an exception.

Pluspunten: Google Meet obviously became known to me during the lockdown, and it was welcoming. I really liked the fact that Google was regularly updating the app to meet up with the needs of the users. I was so excited about recent updates. Another thing was that the app was already integrated into Gmail, just like hangout, making it easier to switch between mails and video conferencing.

Minpunten: It was new and the fact that the number of participants it could accommodate at the initial stage was discouraging. Though Google started working to meet this demand, but it still hasn't met expectations.

• Beoordeeld op 20-2-2021
Jacob E.
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-2-2021

"Nothing better than Google Meet!"

Opmerkingen: I love using Google Meet. I have many client sales calls and Google Meet is usually my go-to for those calls. It's much more seamless and less buggy than other solutions out there.

Pluspunten: - Google Meet is very fast
- It's easy to get set up, as long as you have a Google Account
- It's free, which makes it easy to get started

Minpunten: - Sometimes the video goes in and out if you don't have great connection
- I cannot create a google meet account which lets me into meetings from multiple Google accounts

• Beoordeeld op 25-2-2021
Kelello john M.
Software Engineer

"Hangout"

Opmerkingen: My experience so has been quite decent considering the limitations which are there on other similar services.

Pluspunten: It has improved drastically over the years, you can now record meetings, blur out backgrounds which aren't so pleasurable and many more.

Minpunten: I find it is quite resource intense can cause your browser to or computer to be slow at times and create a bit of a lag.

Gihan A.
Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-2-2021

"Boring? make it excited with google meet"

Opmerkingen: Excellent and easy use software which we have free of charge to cater to our meeting requirements. Recordings and sharing screens are really helpful features defined by the Google team and really helpful during the meetings. overall an excellent software which I can recommend to all the new users who is their second thought of using this amazing software

Pluspunten: Who thought that making the video calls will be this much easy? Thank you google for giving us this opportunity and it will be really helpful to hangout with our office mates, friends, and even with professional life. No further traveling for meetings, No infrastructure requirements for the meetings. Just installed and get connected. The world will become smaller than ever expected. Thank you google for giving us this opportunity without any cost. Arranging meetings is very easy, the video quality is very much high and even the sound quality is very much high, and the minimum disturbances throughout the meetings. Since it is given as an extant ti the google Calendar any user can easily arrange hangout meetings as Calendar events and the required members very easily which I love most

Minpunten: it would be better if we can take notes with the google software and share the meeting summary with the participants on a real-time basis. Better if we can add personalized sound effects when chatting with the participants. even the voice can be changed. further, if we can rearrange our videos which we can share with the participants with the this they should see and shouldn't see. should have the personalized tool of settings which can be very useful to maintain the professionalism of the meeting.

• Beoordeeld op 26-2-2021
Project Manager - Cloud
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

"Easy to use and well integrated to Gmail and google calender"

Opmerkingen: I have been using Google meet for my daily meetings for more than 3 years now and with Covid situation since last year , it has greatly being used as most of the work shifted from in-office to remote working culture. Google meet has stood up the expectations like scaling or customizing some of the features so overall a great communication tool

Pluspunten: It is well integrated with Gmail and Google Calendar so one can join a meeting in click of a button if using Gmail as business email services.
Google meet has accurate caption option and is useful when meeting with non native English speaking people.
Have great feature to add audio bridge automatically

Minpunten: Shall have an UI other than from internet browser like chrome just like skype so that it can be used as separate communication tool

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021
Pressilla R.
Broker
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-1-2021

"Top-notch Video Quality"

Opmerkingen: It’s a great software. The quality and features are one of the best I’ve ever experienced. It’s so easy to use even for first time users that I’ve had no complaints. I use it daily and the video quality is probably my favorite part. It doesn’t lag, it doesn’t require tons of storage space like many other software and it’s credible

Pluspunten: I use this software for virtual meetings with my team or clients. I love that I can add a link to the attendees calendars that they can just click and join the meeting and I can also set up the meeting to send email reminders about the meeting. It integrates well with my Google calendar, so well I open the app, it shows if I have any meetings scheduled for the day. It’s easy to use and customize. You can even give your meeting a nickname. It includes a “Lean how to start a meeting” link that literally breaks it down to every step. That’s really helpful for beginners. The video and sound quality is amazing and it also has some cool backdrop features that you can use if you want to keep your background discreet, hidden or maybe for other purposes. I use it as a part of my G-suite plan but it is basically free for use by the public. I also think the chat feature is very useful, and it allows me to easily navigate and share my screen while presenting.

Minpunten: There is a limit of about 100 people that can join the meeting at a time which can be an issue for larger group meetings. And the backdrops are not high quality as you sometimes can see yourself fading into the background, which some clients complain about the way it makes them look.

• Beoordeeld op 18-1-2021
Jenny C.
HR Assistant
Human Resources, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-1-2021

"Great for team meetings!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I do recommend Google Meet as it can be utilized by a variety of organizations, not necessarily an office. For example, if students need to meet with advisors or teachers, this is a great platform to use. Even if it is for family meetings, I think a diverse group can utilize Google Meets as this software is very easy to work with, and if needed, troubleshoot is usually easy to access.

Pluspunten: Google Meet was a convenient way for my co-workers and I to meet during this pandemic. We held weekly meetings and for me personally, I use Google Meet twice a week for different team meetings. I love that Google Meets is a secure platform that requires a password to enter a room, as some meetings are confidential. We also have a few co-workers who are not tech savvy but due to the pandemic, they needed to learn how to utilize the platform. It was easy to teach my co-workers how to utilize the mute/un-mute button on the bottom of the screen and how to use "tiles" to see everyone in the screen. The icons are simple and easy to understand. For example, the team leader usually mutes the entire time upon entering the room however, sometimes when it is someone's turn to speak, they forget that they are muted. So for those who forget how to use Google Meet, we would just tell them to tape the "microphone" to unmute. It was very easy to understand and with a simple click, the job is done! I also love that there is an option to see if your Wi-Fi is low, or has an issue. That is a big indicator and can affect meetings, so if I do see that message I just warn my team that I may disconnect. In addition, Google Meets added a feature that gives us the ability to change our backgrounds during meetings. This been a delight for my team! We love utilizing it and have a little fun during our meetings!

Minpunten: One thing that I do dislike about this software is that sometimes it glitches. For example, we utilize the "Share screen" option quite often but usually it's blurry or it freezes the Google meeting. We are still able to hear audio, but video that is being shared is affected. Luckily, this only happens once in a while and we have not found a solution to it within our office. Usually, we all just agree to exit and meet back in the room. It is not a big issue for us but it may interfere with some important meetings if utilizing this platform for important matters. Another dislike that I have about this software is that when you do choose "tiles" to see everyone on the meeting, the tiles may not fit everyone. We usually have a meeting with about 12 people but, when I try to use "tiles" to see everyone on the call, I can only see about 10 people on the screen. I'm not sure if this is a glitch. So there is a meeting with more than ten people, this is something to consider. You can still hear them well, just not see them. You can also choose the option "speaker view" which will show the person that is talking at that time. But, this is not a big deal in terms of the quality of the call, it is just a personal opinion.

• Beoordeeld op 5-1-2021
Content Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-12-2020

"Excellent free option"

Opmerkingen: We've been doing a lot of video calls throughout 2020, which was causing a rise in our price with other programs. We wanted a cheaper solution, and Google Hangouts fit the bill. I haven't noticed much of a difference because Hangouts does everything I need and want a video conference program to do.

Pluspunten: I like how easy Hangouts is to use, plus having access to it on my phone through the app makes it very convenient. Since my company uses gmail-based email accounts and calendars, the integration for Hangouts is baked-in, which makes using it a breeze. I know our guys in accounting appreciate the price point too, which was a major reason for switching to Google Hangouts. Since it's all in-browser 9or in-app) there's nothing to download, which can confuse clients and sometimes bog down the calls. Hangouts also keep s a nice record of the conversations I've had, including the text, video, and audio conversations, which I've had to refer to from time to time.

Minpunten: Other programs might have more features, but honestly, Hangouts covers all of them that you might need. I really don't have a problem with it. Maybe the one issue is some clients who aren't using Gmail have had a harder time connecting, but it's not that bad nor is it very common.

• Beoordeeld op 26-12-2020
Personalization Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-12-2020

"Simple, free, and it works."

Opmerkingen: In short, Google Meets works. And they keep making it better.
Plus, it integrates super nicely with Google Calendar too of course. Whenever scheduling a meeting, the fact that a Meet link is automatically added is great.

Pluspunten: - I've been using Google Meet/Hangouts for years now but I have been particularly impressed with the feature additions in this past year of covid-19 and the increased demand for video-calling. They've added features that competitors have and that their users had been asking for. Additionally, there were extensions created by people for Google Meets, and seeing the demand from users for these, many of the functionalities from these browser extensions were also implemented. Examples include the tile view as well as selecting a background, adding your own, or simply blurring it. They've also added the option to raise hands, use whiteboards, and SO MUCH MORE. I love the way they have been reacting to requests.

Minpunten: I am a longtime user, who in the last year became a power user with multiple calls every day, and I haven't experienced a single con to report or mention.

• Beoordeeld op 22-12-2020
Luca stefano S.
Full Stack Web Developer
  • Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020

"One of the best options out there, but resource hungry"

Opmerkingen: I generally prefer it over other platforms and Google services are always a guarantee, but there's still room for improvement.

Pluspunten: The limit of 100 attendees is really generous, and it is even more if you have a business account, plus you do not need any additional software other than your browser. Only Zoom can compete with such a number in the free plan, but you need to install a dedicated program to use it and is not as stable as Google Meet.

Minpunten: CPU and RAM usage ramps up a lot compared to other alternatives

• Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2020

"one of the best conferencing app's in the Market"

Opmerkingen: Using a Google app is amazing especially when inviting people to join your meeting and you really don't need to explain anything to them because It's easy to use and a well-known app.
I really didn't have any problem with it and I know if I had any problem Google Support is there and they will fix my problem in just a few minutes and this will help me to save a lot of time.
Google Meet is an excellent option for small and big businesses and the price is great too compared to other apps.

Pluspunten: It's very cheap because it comes with the Google G suit package and it's easy to use application with a friendly user interface.
I can share my screen, especially when explained or presenting something.
I can share any tips or files during the meeting with as many people as I want without any problem.
Google Meet allows me to invite anyone to the meeting using just their email address (Gmail) and I even can invite them using Google Calendar so simply I can schedule a meeting and put the email addresses and automatically they are invited.
Google security system is one of the best in the market and I really trust them when I use Google Meet because I feel safe using this app and I really don't have to worry when I share my files or host or join a meeting in general.
It's available for both android and IOS devices also, a chrome extension too so in this way, I can't find any problem when inviting people using different devices.
I can join the meeting just by phone without using my camera.
I can use other Google services with google meet because it's integrated with a lot of google apps like google docs, slides, sheets...etc.
The price is great because I have a small business and I don't need to spend a lot of money to have software like this.
Google support service is great and they have a lot of resources to help us understand the features and how to use them and they have a phone number available for us 24/7 so, I case I have any problem I will fix it just in a few minutes.

Minpunten: I can't access it on other browsers because Google allows us to use it only on google chrome as a chrome extension. and I hope they will add more browsers in the future like Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge...etc.

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2020
Matthew S.
Software Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-11-2020

"Comprehensive Tool For video Conferencing"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Google Meet has been a very positive one. I do use other means of collaboration with colleagues and friends however Google Meet is by far the most frequently used software I use to keep in touch. Its G Suite integration is likely the top reason I turn to Google Meet every time when I need to collaborate. Based on my user experience I highly recommend using this software.

Pluspunten: When you need to stay in touch with collogues and employees remotely it is highly recommended that you use Google Meet. By far one of the most impressive feature of Google Meet is its ability to offer full access and integration with G Suite programs. This is a great addition to any business because it results in you saving money because using a separate video conferencing service is not necessary. Also there is a free version while the paid version costs only $6 a month which is cheaper when compared to other video conferencing services. This is great for small businesses on a tight budget. Another thing I like about Google Meet is that it is already available in the widely used Gmail software. This allows you to check emails and gather information in preparation for or during a video conference with colleagues and employees. Also, screen sharing is a welcomed bonus to this amazing software.

Minpunten: Firewall settings can affect the use of Google Meet but overall Google Meet runs smoothly without any interference.

• Beoordeeld op 16-11-2020
Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-10-2020

"Great for remote workers!"

Opmerkingen: Google Meet is a great free video conferencing software that integrates well with Gmail and Hangouts. You can also use the software on your phone if you download the mobile app, which works just as well (if not better) than the desktop version. I love being able to quickly hit the Google Meet button on our Hangouts chat to instantly start a video call with the individuals within that chat. It's a great software for small companies looking to save money on software.

Pluspunten: Google Meet is one of the main communication tools we use for our company. We are all remote employees, working in different states and time zones. Meet helps us keep the communication flowing and open, and have in-person meetings virtually. It's super quick and easy to use.

Minpunten: Google Meet can sometimes be glitchy if you don't have it set up on your computer correctly. For example, if you are joining a meeting and don't give access to your camera or microphone, you can't change those settings while the meeting is in progress (you have to exit the meeting and then dial back in). It's also crashed on us a few times as well if we have too many people join the video meeting at one time.

• Beoordeeld op 13-10-2020
Ryan H.
Sales Development Lead
Omroepen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-9-2020

"Classic Google Simplicity & Basics"

Opmerkingen: No software gets an A+ because there is always room for innovation and improvement but Meet comes very close. From adding a Google Meet video conference to a client invitation to simply joint and being on a call with the company, the ease of use is unparalleled.

Pluspunten: I use Meet everyday both internally and externally and I do that simply because I am able to schedule and include a link to the video chat with a single click and the recipient is presentee with an invitation link with no additional steps except to join in. Ease of use is off the charts with this video conference option and I wouldn't be able to go back to another service that had so many additional steps, Clients would just opt to not show up.

Minpunten: The absolute only thing Google really needs to focus on improvement wise with this software is the background noise it transmits. A lost of other higher end web clients will remove background noises like interfere or echoing but I do hear it fairly often within Meet.

• Beoordeeld op 30-9-2020
Alejandro javier V.
Software Engineer
  • Beoordeeld op 25-7-2020

"My virtual meeting room"

Opmerkingen: Google Meet has allowed me to work with people around the world, its easy integration has made it easier for me to set up meetings, and the feature of share my screen has allowed me to hold very productive meetings.

Pluspunten: Integration with your Google account, you can generate your virtual meeting from your email, from your calendar, etc.
Screen sharing allows you to improve your presentation

Minpunten: It lacks some features, like being able to make notes about what you are presenting ... and the option of being able to record the meeting or part of the meeting.

• Beoordeeld op 25-7-2020
Caroline C.
Class Teacher
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-7-2020

"Excellent for Collaborative Work"

Opmerkingen: Google Meet provided an excellent experience for me, as a teacher, to be able to communicate with my students while we were all at home. It is quick and easy to set up, and no software needs to be downloaded.

Pluspunten: As a teacher, I used Google Meet during our distance learning. It was easy for my 5th grade students to understand, and they were able to use it without any problems. I also enjoyed that I could link it with my Google Calendar and my students would receive the invite that I shared. I absolutely loved that there was no time limit on it, unlike other online video meeting software. Video was clear, and I was able to mute students who had distracting background sounds. Both students and I were able to share our screens with the group when we needed to explain something that was on our computers.

Minpunten: I would have loved it if there was a waiting room for the students, so that I could admit them when I was ready. I would also like if there was a background feature so that both I, and my students, could have a background that was less distracting than our rooms.

• Beoordeeld op 8-7-2020
Mora C.
Architecture student
Architectuur en planning, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-7-2020

"Just a few things"

Opmerkingen: I use Google Meet for all my university lessons. Almost everyday of the week I have a programed meeting with Google Meet. I also use it with my partners to design our architecture project. I really like it! We used to use Zoom, because of what I said before, that the proffessor could see us while he was teaching, but my university settled something with google that allows us to use google meet without spending any money on cellullar data (GREAT). And the fact that the meeting doesn't get cut every 40 minutes also influenced A LOT.

Pluspunten: I like the fact that it is connected with all the other google utilities. Everybody knows about it, it is easy to use, it is easy to setle a meeting with google meet. The fact that it can be connected with google calendar and gmail is a GREAT idea, I would have forgotten half of my classes if it weren't for google calendar. And would have spent too much time looking for the link, but because it is linked with the calendar, I can just enter to the Google Meet webpage and it just appears there. That was great, and all the improvements that were made in the last few weeks, great too.

Minpunten: There is something that REALLY throws down google meet at the time to choose it, and it is that nowadays, with the quarantine, teachers and professors had to turn to these kind of softwares to be able to give their classes. And everybody wants this online method to be as similar to normal classes as possible, so at least, when you teach, you want to be able to see who you are talking to, but when you share your screen on Google Meet, you can not see anybody, you can not see who you are talking to, if they are listening, you can't see when they tell you something, and mainly, you feel like you are talking to a computer and not to people. It is a detail that makes a really big difference.
Another thing that would be great is if people could draw on other person's screen when they are presenting. I use Meet with my classmates to design a project and it is really hard to explain sometimes from which part of the drawing you are talking about, so between that and the fact that the other person can't see you, it becomes really hard.
One last thing would be something I saw on Zoom and I thought that was great. When you minimize the it you can still have a little window with the person that is talking just floating there. You can move it and put it wherever you want, so if you are watching a class, or someone giving a speech, you can still work on something else and see who's talking, that is not the same as hearing them.

• Beoordeeld op 2-7-2020
Nadir S.
College House Dean
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-6-2020

"Google What?"

Opmerkingen: I have loved using Google Meet. I have used it for my students, and for my family. It is a simple tool that works with any modern browser, and it has apps for mobile platforms that work pretty well. The self-preview window is tiny, so that takes some time to get used to.

Pluspunten: This tool is built seamlessly into the Google Suite, so if your organization is a GSuite organization or if you are a Gmail user, you have access to this, free of charge, and it works very well. The controls are quite straightforward. The tool is not very feature rich, but whatever it does, it does well.
The integration with Gmail came a little late, and was largely in response to Covid19, and before this the tool was only meant for enterprise users.

Minpunten: Google's messaging and meeting platform is full of confusion. The fact that I started out thinking I was writing a review for Google Hangouts and then I ended up on the Google Meet review page is a good summary of this bungled world of messaging. Google is not a reliable company when it comes to communication. They have gone back and forth on Hangouts, Meet, Messenger, Wave, Plus, Duo, Allo... you name it, they have it, and nothing has really lasted forever. Google Meet works for now, but who knows where it will be in a year!

• Beoordeeld op 25-6-2020