Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Google Meet

De toepassing werkt synchroon met de Gmail-account en ondersteunt communicatie via tekstberichten, audio- en videogesprekken.

Meer informatie over Google Meet

I like the easy access and not needing to have a phone number. That is a good alternative for parents who dont want there kids on social media and dont want to buy them a number.

Sadly, however, the mechanism behind this feature does not work well, and the captions are often wildly inaccurate.

Beoordelingen van Google Meet

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Google Meet heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 11.750 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Google Meet eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (11.750)

Blake
Blake
Operations Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

It's no Zoom, but...

3,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Pepijn
Marketplace specialist in Nederland
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Review Pepijn Meet

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Erg goed om mee te werken.

Je kan erg fijn met alle collegas of externen videobellen.

Bij het delen van bestanden kan er een vertraging komen.

Myrthe
Myrthe
Owner in Nederland
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Meet werkt goed voor meetings

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Heb de meet gebruikt voor online meetings met klanten en het werkt erg fijn!

Als de wifi uitvalt tijdens de meet kan je niks meer volgen, een offline verbinding zou daarom fijn zijn.

Avinash
Avinash
Jr AI Engineer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Fantastic product and service are unbelievable

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very good experience while using the meet.

The meeting scheduling part on meet and easy to access all the functionalities

Nothing to dislike on the meet everything is fine

Kimberly
Kimberly
CEO in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Google MEETS our Expectations

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This product has come along since its inception. It is now a viable alternative to a basic Zoom meeting experience. It does have a ways to go to be the decidedly chosen platform. But for FREE, it can NOT be beat! A start-up entrepreneurial dream.

It is inexpensive and easily able to access for scheduling and changing meetings.

The user experience is lacking other similar products--especially in the conferencing/webinar arena.

Alphonse
Software Developer in Zweden
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Google Meet - Best yet can do better

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I would give google meet 7/10 in measure of overall quality, for there's nothing more to it that video, audio and screen sharing, while there could be notes, polls, file sharing, sounds etc. that would make a complete solution for an online workspace or meeting place.

The ability to set up easily with very few steps into getting a meeting going makes the too one of the best in the market. Sharing of video, audio and sharing of screens are some of the feature that make this system very good.

Internet usage the bandwidth requirement for a good quality audio and video is a little high especially for plaes with low internet reception.

Randy
Deployment Engineer in Kameroen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Amazing and outstanding software for Online Meetings

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience using this software has just been super amazing.. I keep using it for all my online meetings

I love this software for the outstanding and top notch user interface making it easy and simple for new users to connect through

While using this software , I haven't encountered any difficulty or drawback.. This software is just topnotch

Autumn
Office Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

Wonderfully Consistent

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has overall been positive and most hangups can be quickly rectified.

Its integration with the other Google suite (ie, Calendar, mail, drive, etc) makes for a very fluid business experience. The calls are a consistent good quality in both audio and video, and the host has good control of sharing, muting, etc.

Sometimes invites to meetings will have issues with the link being invalid or needing specific permissions to access, even when unintended. This can lead to a delay in meetings at times.

Jamie
Onboarding Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Best video conference partner!

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Google meet makes it very easy for clients to schedule calls with me and us both be sent the invitation details. It is super easy for my clients to get on calls - I have never had a problem with it!

I love how it shows your upcoming meeting and you can easily start the meeting when your the host as early as you would like! I appreciate the easy access for my clients where all they have to do is click the link to join! I also love how they don't have to be an invite to join as you can have others hop on too! I also like how you can upload your own background - however the options available are also great!

I would like to be able to block out background noise and make it so even invites have to wait in a waiting room.

Prasanjeet
Prasanjeet
teacher in India
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

good app for meeting

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: it is reliable plartfrom for conducting virtual meeting allow student to connect the class form anywhere, it offers various security features to ensure the privacy and safety of meetings.

its works very smooth and the audio quality is very good it didn't glitch at any moment and its very helpful for scheduling college as well as formal office meet virtually.

There are some glitches in screen sharing as when we share screen the screen tend to blurry for some moment.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Google Meet for online meetings

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Google Meet does not consume much resources and provides all necessary features for online meetings and online conferences.

The feature to record meetings has been removed.

Allen
Allen
President in Canada
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

I'm not sure why people still use Zoom

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It's really easy intuitive to use. It's part of the Google suite so everything is there at your fingertips and unless you need it for webinars, it works absolutely great for one-to-one video conferencing meetings or multiple meeting person meetings

There's no webinar mode like zoom that allows all the participants to be hidden

Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

Simple, Reliable Video Call’s

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I like most about Google Meet is its simplicity and reliability. It's easy to join meetings and navigate the platform, making virtual collaboration effortless.

I wish there were more interactive features available, like breakout rooms or virtual backgrounds, to enhance the meeting experience and enjoy it to its best.

Anant
Anant
Manager in India
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Hangouts - What better way to work from home?

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Basically what we were looking for was a conferencing solution that was free and reliable. Working and presentations directly from home was also a big consideration. Hangouts successfully filled that space and has presented no reason to switch

- If used for video calling, it offers one of the highest quality video calling, this is in fact the most desirable feature of the application. - All of this is for free which makes it extremely economical for the kind of quality it offers. - I personally find that it is very easy to learn and that it gives you a quick option for chatting and video conferencing both personal and in groups. - It also gives the facility of sharing multimedia files, emojis and stickers which makes its use in Business and Personal circles extremely lucrative.

- It requires a stable and high bandwidth to properly function and if you are in a situation where don't have either of these things the app simply won't work or it would work with a lots of disturbances which can be very disappointing at times. - It doesn't provide you with the facility of seeing the status of your contacts whether or not they are available for conversation which makes it troublesome to use. - You also can't search for a previous conversation or message particularly, you can't even delete messages individually, in case you want to delete one text, you will have to delete the entire chat.

Ryan
Sales Development Lead in VS
Omroepen, 51-200 werknemers

Classic Google Simplicity & Basics

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: No software gets an A+ because there is always room for innovation and improvement but Meet comes very close. From adding a Google Meet video conference to a client invitation to simply joint and being on a call with the company, the ease of use is unparalleled.

I use Meet everyday both internally and externally and I do that simply because I am able to schedule and include a link to the video chat with a single click and the recipient is presentee with an invitation link with no additional steps except to join in. Ease of use is off the charts with this video conference option and I wouldn't be able to go back to another service that had so many additional steps, Clients would just opt to not show up.

The absolute only thing Google really needs to focus on improvement wise with this software is the background noise it transmits. A lost of other higher end web clients will remove background noises like interfere or echoing but I do hear it fairly often within Meet.

Luca Stefano
Luca Stefano
Full Stack Web Developer in Italië
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

One of the best options out there, but resource hungry

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I generally prefer it over other platforms and Google services are always a guarantee, but there's still room for improvement.

The limit of 100 attendees is really generous, and it is even more if you have a business account, plus you do not need any additional software other than your browser. Only Zoom can compete with such a number in the free plan, but you need to install a dedicated program to use it and is not as stable as Google Meet.

CPU and RAM usage ramps up a lot compared to other alternatives

Tibor
Tibor
Producer in Kroatië
(Bioscoop)films, 2-10 werknemers

I want my Google Hangouts

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Google Meet solves my need to establish a connection with my colleagues and clients and hold a quick and short meetings when I know that all of the involved are comfortable with Google's platform. The tool has strong competition from other similar providers which are also offering a better and more expansive system which has some benefits for business users.
I like the fact that Google is incorporating and connecting its software, so it's on one hand very easy to connect Google Calendar to this and offers some extended functionality, but at the same time you can see quite easily that those two programs are developed by completely different teams that are not thinking alike. I would love a chat buddy (AI of some sorts) to take notes on what everyone is saying during the meetings.

I adore the overall simplicity and cleanliness of the GUI. As a standard feature available with any of the tier of the new Google Workspace it is very accessible, and most of the clients I work with are already somehow connected to the Google platform, either through email or their phones. I love the option to change my GUI and have multiple screen layouts (not revolutionary, but nice to have). The fact that a shortened link is automatically created on starting a new meeting is also a deal breaker because it's very easy to communicate where to meet with the clients and coworkers. I love the fact that the Meet can create captions to be able to understand others more easily.

The nice use of white space and the emptyish GUI is also an issue somehow because some of the functionality is lacking. I would love a dedicated desktop app (like Skype, or Zoom, have) - for example to be able to share files just by drag&dropping them into the conversation windows. It would be great to be to chat with people in particular and not just the entire group all at once. Also, a fantastic option would be to be able to record the entire session.

Jarad
Director of Marketing & Communications in VS
Filantropie, 51-200 werknemers

Google Meet is a Solid Alternative to Zoom

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We turned to Google Meet to help us expand our virtual meeting capabilities. With the low-price Zoom offering, we quickly hit our license limit. With Google Meet, the app is included in our G Suite purchase so there was never a problem with licensing or accessing our accounts.

My colleagues began our work-from-home adventure using Zoom and quickly encountered some problems, mostly with hitting the limits of our license very quickly. We explored buying more licenses and then decided to give Google Meet a try since it's included with the purchase of the G Suite, which includes other useful tools like Google Drive and Gmail. Google Meet is easy to use, intuitive and has a great mobile app.

The only drawback to switching to Google Meet was needing to relearn some basic functions like sharing screens. Many of us spent the first six months of COVID exclusively using Zoom, so it took some time to pivot to Google Meet. That said, we're fully entrenched in Google now and like it very much. My IT guy also praises the enhanced security since our Google Meet accounts are linked with our Google Logins, which automatically include two-factor authentication.

Karolis
Karolis
Innovation manager in Litouwen
Research, 501-1.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The perfect solution for clean usage

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am happy with Google Meet. They fulfil all my needs for very good price. I even shifted from other products when I host the meetings due to simplicity of the application. Google meets are the perfect solution for me.

The best thing I love about google meets is that it is completely free. I do not need to make any purchase and I have unlimited time for teleconferences or meetings. Also, so far I did not noticed any caps on users, so I can make really big meetings. Secondly, I love that the meeting setup is very easy - the easiest there is. I just need google account and that's it. What is very important - no need for any download. It works perfectly online in web browser. Also, it support all web browsers. So, the lightness and cleanliness are what got me in. Another small but important detail is that the background pictures are very easy to load. There is no problems using them.

There is hardly any cons about Google Meets but there is one which would help. I would like to have integration with MS Outlook, so I could make the meetings there and automatically they would create an entry in my schedule. This integration exists with other google tools and I understand there will be no integration with Microsoft tools, but It would nice to have such.

Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great Online Meeting App

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It would be nice if more people could attend the meetings. For this reason, we rarely use the Zoom application in our own institution. I think it's pretty bad that 1000 people can't attend a meeting. In order to manage the meeting, we need to have more authority over the participants.

I really liked the overall working performance of the app. Being able to work through a web browser is a good feature in my opinion. You do not need to install an additional application. Picture and sound quality is pretty good. Good price compared to other apps. Simple easy to use. Even in a weak internet environment, it is enough to save the day. You won't have any connection problems for no reason. Online video calling is very successful.

It would be nice if more people could attend the meetings. For this reason, we often have to use the Zoom application from time to time while using it in our own institution. I think it's pretty bad that 1000 people can't attend a meeting. In order to manage the meeting, we need to have more authority over the participants.

Karla Brigitte
University Intern in Ecuador
Farmaceutica, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Simplify Your Virtual Meetings with Google Meet

4,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As an intern in the pharmaceutical product development and research department at the University, I had the opportunity to use Google Meet to collaborate with my research team. The platform proved to be extremely useful for our virtual meetings, as it allowed us to communicate effectively and share important information in real-time. The screen sharing option enabled us to review and edit documents together, enhancing our productivity. The audio and video quality were excellent on most occasions, enabling us to discuss and debate effectively. Overall, Google Meet was a valuable tool for our remote collaboration and made a positive contribution to our work in the pharmaceutical research department.

Google Meet offers several significant advantages. Firstly, its seamless integration with other Google applications such as Gmail and Google Calendar makes scheduling and accessing meetings effortless. Additionally, its intuitive and user-friendly interface allows users to join or initiate meetings with just a few clicks, without requiring a steep learning curve. The audio and video quality are generally excellent, even on low-speed connections. Moreover, the ability to screen share and collaborate in real-time on Google documents provides an effective collaboration experience. Lastly, the option to record meetings and save them in Google Drive is extremely useful for future reference and for those who couldn't attend in real-time.

While Google Meet offers many advantages, it also has some limitations. One of them is that some advanced features like background blur and video effects are only available in the paid version, which can be a disadvantage for users on a tight budget. Additionally, although the audio and video quality is generally good, there may be connectivity issues and delays in areas with poor internet connections. Some users have also mentioned that the automatic voice detection doesn't always work accurately, leading to unwanted interruptions during meetings.

Nairoby
Nairoby
Consultor in Venezuela
Telecommunicatie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

No Hangouts I do not work

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Hangouts for me is essential in day to day

A work day begins, with the login of my Gmail account and this allows me to use the Chat tool to keep me connected with the outside world. When you work in an office and you can not use a telephone, the only tool that allows me talking to other people besides my co-workers is Hangouts, inside the things that I love this chat, is that I can block people with whom I do not want to talk, I can archive conversations, which is very useful when you used it to make work consultations with friends or colleagues, because, the important data I keep them in the conversations. For me, a great advantage is not showing the date of the last connection or since I write, It is transparent to the receiver if I am from my pc or from the mobile. With friends who are in other countries, the video calls are great and we can connect several people at the same time. Hangouts can be added as a browser extension and you appreciate if you have messages in a way discreet. You can keep conversations as pop-ups or integrated to mail.

With the previous version called Google Talk one could be placed as "Not available" and be connected similarly without being visible to contacts. Now with Hangouts it is not possible. There are workplaces in which, chat is restricted in internal networks, due to the use undue that is given, as to the time that people lose in a chat without performing the tasks that correspond, despite not being a disadvantage of the SW, should create something that allows be enabled despite any restrictions.

Aidan
Actor/Director/Student in VS
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Google Hangouts Analysis

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Hangouts definitely has a lot of potential and the fact it can be downloaded on your phone is amazing because a lot of people have issues sending texts between Apple and Android devices. Perhaps, instead of having the hangouts extension open up a mini tab for hangouts, have it take you to the old official site instead? I liked the old site a lot better than the extension window that pops up. Overall, Hangouts is a great communications tool and should be used more than it is by the common person. Highly underrated.

For a computer communications piece of software, this feature is a very good addition to Google communications. I find it very helpful to be able to access google hangouts straight from your Gmail home screen, so you can see both emails and google chats at the same time. I also like how much quicker and easier it is to send messages that aren't very important and are not worth writing an actual email for. Another thing I loved was how when you linked a video from YouTube, the video title and thumbnail picture pop up as well. Very nice feature.

There are still a few flaws and setbacks when it comes to google hangouts. Sometimes when I try to copy and paste an image from another tab it won't load, or will just completely discard my image. I find this irritating when trying to send a co-worker an image for a presentation. Also, the hangouts extension available on the chrome web store needs some major work. You can't open it on some tabs, when you do get it to open it won't let you type or click on anything, and when I try to use the official site for google hangouts (not the Gmail inbox home screen) I can never seem to get to it and it won't load.

Stephen  Olawale
Stephen Olawale
ARCHITECT in Nigeria
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it. I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping track of people is made easy, we make video calls daily with clients and trainee , the screen sharing has been very helpful in training our real estate agent on digital marketing. i suggest for my organisation to use google product such as gmail, chrome and hangout, its a great community for easy communication, since they are all well integrated. One other thing is that I can search for my conversations, in case i forget, the fact that messages cannot be deleted after it has been sent has being beneficial, for record keeping, thanks to google.

I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

Malinda
Malinda
Station Master in Sri Lanka
Publieke zaken, 51-200 werknemers

A wonderful communication tool

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Over 2 years I have been using google hangouts and my experience was very positive. It's one of the most famous and incredible applications available for communication. Application is very light and it loads really fast. For me it's a great tool for video conferencing and collaboration. I think it is a good invesment for any business.

As station masters we do communication mainly through emails and video conferences. There are quite a lot of employees in each and every station and it is somewhat difficult to gather them all at one place to held meetings. So we decided to use video conferencing for meetings when employees are difficult to be gathered. Google hangouts help me to connect with other station masters. Google hangouts has everything that mandatory for communication. I don't need to install any application instead it's perfectly integrate with the email account. I can check the availability of co-workers and the important conversations with them can be archived easily. Normally we create calendar events and join from hangouts.While I'm using hangouts, I can access both my mails and chat from my mobile and my PC. The interface is really simple and easy to follow so that that even an average person can easily use this.

I love to have the feature of sharing multiple images and different file types with my colleagues. It would be great if google can improve on sharing different file types like pdf,xlsx etc and multiple images at once. Likewise google need to make certain improvements in hangouts to be competitive with other software giants in the industry. Other than that I have no complaints regarding hangouts and it satisfies me with my expectations about communication.

Greg
Software Developer in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

One Spot for all Your Voice Needs

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used Google Hangouts predecessor, Google Voice, since it came out. I even used it with Sprint when they partnered automatic voice forwarding and using your Sprint number on Google Voice (circa ~2010). Back then, I'd often use my HP laptop's microphone array and speakers covering the width of the device to use the speakerphone. Better quality on my laptop speakerphone setup with Google Voice (later Hangouts) than directly on a phone. Google Hangout's voice quality has always been exceptionally clear and steady. No perceptible delays, no stuttering, and it sounds high bitrate. Google Hangouts continues to provide cheap international phone calls through any of their interfaces. Also, enabled me to call over any Wi-Fi enabled device for cheaper calling when traveling outside USA. I often use a bluetooth headset with my computer, alternate regularly between Android + iOS devices (often carrying two simultaneously), while always maintaining Google Hangouts in the background and the same number across all devices. In recent years, Google Hangouts allowed me to login to multiple phone accounts in a single device. In addition to voice, Google Hangouts in recent years began supporting text and media messages through their desktop and mobile app making it seamless to start a conversation on one device then move to a more efficient device without waiting for a synchronization. Its become a complete cell phone replacement without the need to stay connected to one wireless carrier.

Google Hangouts best feature is simultaneous use on multiple platforms. I use it on Android, iOS, and a web browser simultaneously. Text messages are forwarded to all devices. Phone calls are forwarded to all devices. Moreover, I can make an outgoing call on one device then put it on hold and call someone else if I need a quick conversation. The combinations are endless.

There are features that interest me but I struggle to use. I should be able to transfer a call from one open device to another by pressing the '*' (star) button? I haven't succeeded in doing this. I should record calls through some key combination, but it doesn't work for me. Certain distinct features could be better used if there was a menu of options.