Good Value for Money

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019
Principal
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, the software is good value for money, tech support is readily available. Good product overall.

Pluspunten: Software has a lot of great features. The functionality is pretty good, however, the Intuit Link can be a bit frustrating at times. Software includes many features designed compliment and encourage a paperless and online (virtual) environment.

Minpunten: There were instances where certain updates appear to result in diminished functionality. particularly with the Intuit Link. There was a time when users could download all client provided documents with one click, a couple upgrades later, that feature was removed. In my opinion, the Intuit Link functionality does not address the fact that our client base includes users who are still not comfortable with technology use. It is not possible to send paperless copies of business returns to clients, this just irks me.
Some of the tech support folks need a lot more training in the product, and too many of them do not have any understanding of tax preparation.

Great opportunity to get first-hand experience before committing....

Beoordeeld op 19-3-2019
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I wanted a more professional and reliable software option vs just utilizing Turbo Tax, Tax Act, H&R Block, etc. I truly think that if I can find a way to justify the expense, ProConnect will be the choice for me. It is straight-forward yet extensive and allows me to feel like I'm offering a more professional and useful product to my clients.

Pluspunten: I appreciate the straight forward and no "fluff" aspect of the software vs other options that are more common like turbo tax and h&r block. Those options hit you with all kinds of unnecessary info and then on top of that if you don't know what you're doing you are liable to miss tax breaks and refund growing credits.

Minpunten: I'm still trying to find a reliable and similar option to ProConnect because I dunno if my small clientele will be enough to justify spending the money to own the software. I would be thrilled if they offered an option that charged per filed return or something along those lines.

Poor Software Support

Beoordeeld op 1-3-2019
Tina S.
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is my second (and will be my LAST) year using ProConnect Tax Online. After the first year I had numerous software-related problems and struggled with inadequate and untrained software support. I was assured that this very issue had been addressed by Intuit for the 2018 filing season, and was talked into giving PTO another try. So far, I do not see any changes from last year, and will not be returning to PTO for the 2019 filing season.

Pluspunten: The software is very much like Intuit's more powerful and robust program Lacerte. It is fairly user-friendly, making it easy to just pick up and use without going through tutorials or training.

Minpunten: Software support personnel are not provided with any training related to tax law or basic tax return preparation, which makes for a frustrating experience as a tax professional. When consulting with support to assist with software and program issues, they give incorrect advice which does not align with the tax laws.

Great for new Tax Accounants who want to have their own clients

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2019
Senior Tax Accountant
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to find forms in this software. It is so simple to follow and it catches a lot of errors for you. They make it so much easier to prepare tax returns right the first time. I trust all the calculations, for the most part, but for a beginner it is great. And it's super affordable.

Minpunten: The customer support team is not the best and they are pretty slow.

Easy to Use

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2018
Senior Assoicate
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Software is very easy to use. I am able to save significant time by saving and returning. I am also able to archive old data, making overall use much easier.

Minpunten: Wish there were some easier tools to searching for answers to specific tax questions/criteria as your filling out your forms so you make less mistakes and do not have to backtrack. I also wish the fee was smaller.