Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Google Chat

Cloudgebaseerd platform dat bedrijven helpt hun bedrijfsactiviteiten te vergemakkelijken via een reeks van communicatie- en productiviteitstoepassingen.

Meer informatie over Google Chat

Great to use for communication with community members.

Sometimes my messages don't get delivered. It keep saying message failed, not sure if it was my internet connection problem.

Beoordelingen van Google Chat

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Google Chat heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.278 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Google Chat eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.278)

Senior DevOps Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Cheap but frustrating

2,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Aminuddin
Aminuddin
Information Technology Manager in Maleisië

Simple instant chat software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Having a simple quick messenger is really improving my work progress and letting me and my team to connect quickly to collaborate on task quickly. Wonderful experience is all that i can said.

Google Hangouts is free to use and comes with Gmail account. I can create and join multiple chat group to help me separating from work group chat and personal and social group chat. Another thing that i like is, it can be easily accessed from my smartphone as i mostly only have my smartphone when i am out from office.

What i like the least with Google Hangouts is, it has limitation on file size that can be sent thru the software. I can only sent and attach a maximum of 200MB file size, and need to switch to other file transfer software to sent a file that sized more than 200MB. Other than that, this software is very helpful in connecting me and my colleague.

Bryan John
Quality Assurance Supervisor in Filipijnen
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Chat Platform of today

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very happy with Google Chat. Everything is already here, why look for other messaging platform, right?

Google Chat was introduced to us at work, when we started using it, we enjoyed it. Its very accessible and easy to use. Its like any other platform but the good thing is you can sync your Google Calendar and Google Drive which made it so remarkable.

I can't think of any, because Im enjoying it ao far.

DevOps Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Cheap but frustrating

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Google is clumsily trying to turn Google Chat into something like Microsoft Teams, but it isn't really working. It still doesn't have nearly the sort of integration support that Teams does and it's certainly nowhere in Slack's territory. But if you want something that "works" just to have a chat platform, well, it's there.

Google Chat is included with a Google Workspace subscription, so if money is an issue, using Google Chat can help you save money versus paying for something much more expensive like Slack.

Google Chat's interface is frustrating to say the least. They killed the Google Chat desktop application, and the web application has a habit of being slow and clunky. There aren't nearly the same sort of integrations with Google Chat as with Slack or even Microsoft Teams; and believe it or not, I've actually spoken with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Google, and he's an absolute idiot. Thanks to him, for instance, every time you paste in a link in Google Chat, a MASSIVE preview bubble appears, and there's no way to disable this. He seems to think it's the bee's knees.

Kevin
Owner in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Google Chat is part of the team!

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Its been amaxing. We have no complaints at all!

I love the layout and how easy it is to have my whole team on a chat

The customer service is subpar. We have a heck of a time getting help

Orest
Technical representative in Panama
Chemicaliën, 11-50 werknemers

The best chatting platform for anyone

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Google Chat has been with me for years of work, both individually and as a team.
The Google Chat is definitely worth using for workspace, business and educational purposes. It is a very versatile, easy to use and professional tool. Totally recommend this app!

I find Google Chat to be the best instant chat platform when in comes to professional or educational purposes. I love that at the palm of your hand, and in a few seconds you can be talking, organizing and working together with one or several people, from and to anywhere in the world. It is a simple and easy to use platform, without losing effectiveness and professionalism. I also find impressive the amount of options and tools included to improve teamwork and in real time. I can easily schedule a meeting and the whole team (or the people I invited) will be notified via the Google Calendar, with time and confirmation request included. The Google Chat is definitely worth using for workspace, business and educational purposes.

One tool that I think is missing is the ability to record audios instantly. This could increase the agility of the work and increase conversational fluency. I think is missing, as other chat platforms already have this option, and it would definitely give Google Chat a leg up. I think that there are no other things that I would change, or that I don’t like.

Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

a google suite chat tool that is best suited for non tech teams

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: it is best suited for non teams where they don't want to shell out additional costs for a premium version of slack and they already have G suite with them. In our case we had to abandon G Chat and go back to slack as that suited our needs better.

there is no special set up involved. every user present in gsuite has access to the google chat hangouts. anybody can administrate it and no special knowledge is required. it has very high reliability and almost zero down time

It is poorly designed in many ways. while screensharing the bottom is covered by a gray bar making it nearly annoying and almost impossible to do code sharing or team debugging. there is no option to mute others during a video call or an audio conference except by the host which means you are subject to the noises from everybody. The readability and themes of the chat bar are rather unimpressive too.

Henrietta
Business Analyst in Canada
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Google chat makes communicating easy!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Google chat makes instant messaging easy and seamless. I have google chat both on my desktop and mobile, and the experience on both are great! Very user friendly, and easy to adjust/migrate to after using other communication tools.

Nothing off the top of my mind, I enjoy google chat a lot, and love that the mobile instance allows you to toggle between other google products like Gmail

Subhajit
Purchase Manager in India
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Google Chat review

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It is very Easy to use & efficient compared to other apps available in the market .Google chat has been amazing since our change I from region based work to remote work. As opposed to illuminating on a couple of uses or text illuminating (which is hard to figure out and remain mindful of) we can keep all of our correspondence in one spot saving time.

Google chat has for a really long time saved individual venture. Astoundingly quick response regardless, while sending gigantic messages. It has provided me control over every division without any problem. I can in a brief moment pass and receive messages. Packs illuminating has brought obvious level facilitated exertion.

Nothing that I hate with this item. It is permitted to use and associated with the Google Workspace that we have use.

Glenn Charles
Real Estate Broker in Filipijnen
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Making communication so easy

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Quite happy with Google Chat. Its now my go-to messaging platform at work.

Its easy to use and you can sync your google calendar, google meets and google drive. It made it so much easier because everything is on Google Drive and its so easy to access it

Im enjoying it so far. Can't complain bout Google Chat

Candace
Assistant in VS
Visserij, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing fast

4,0 3 dagen geleden Nieuw

I love how it's send my messages fast and my workers get them right away. Also love the emojis.

Nothing this app does everything amazing

Christine
Executive Director in Kenia
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

A user-friendly messaging tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The app is free to use and is a cheap way for communicating with employees, especially, since I have employees who have the habit of ignoring text messages. I can send unlimited texts at no cost whatsoever, which is a very cost-effective way of communicating with employees.

I like it how easy it is to search for a contact within the chat. It also enables me set reminders, which keeps me on tabs of all the things I need to do throughout the day. The messaging app is reliable and very secure. It allows for all of us with Gmail accounts to interact seamlessly. It is a wonderful tool that has reduced the number of messages in my inbox. If I want my chatbox to read unavailable, I can easily sign out from the chat.

The pop up messages can be so distracting especially when concentrating on work. At times the messages fail to send and I cannot make out if its the internet connection that has issues or the app. At times the app can be too slow and groggy.

Tara
Creative Director in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Easier than Skype

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: One of our group does not have a smartphone (hard as that is to imagine nowadays), so chatting with him on a computer is the best way to enjoy face-to-face communication. We tried Skype, Facebook messages, and Google Hangouts with varying success, but Google Hangouts Chat was the most reliable and by far the easiest to figure out—and it is completely integrated with other G Suite features, so file sharing and accessing contacts is effortless.

It makes chatting with my writing group very easy—while I'm reading their submissions in my Gmail, I can see if they are online, and I can shoot them a quick message in the moment. It is already part of the G Suite, so no extra programs need to be installed. At the same time, that means I can communicate with anyone who has emailed me without sharing other contact information. We were able to have three people involved in the conversation easily, and I enjoyed being able to turn off the view of myself.

Sometimes the video/ sound is intermittent, much the way Skype cuts in and out or a FaceTime call will freeze. I believe the speed of your internet connection and that of your companions plays a critical role.

Christibe
Director of Practice Management in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Google Chat is a team game changer

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been seamless from implementation to getting everyone's buy in and participation.

The ability to have everyone in the same place when we cannot physically be in the same place is outstanding

I am no techy so I am not sure anything is missing per se but I am sure I will love enhancements at they are unveiled

Khim Cate
CSR in Filipijnen
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Convenient and user friendly Chat interface

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is awesome. We can easily contact employees when needed. The mobile access also helps with urgent communication. Google chat understands the value of urgent and instant messaging, making it easier for users to post important files, updates and mention on channels. Evertything is easily organized thanks to Google Chat.

I like the real time updates on desktop notifications, how you can mentiom someone especially for urgent situations, creating channels as necessary. It makes everything more easy to organize.

None, everything is great! Even the new updates where the user chat is on right and other party messages is on right makes everything more easier!

Tyler
Estimator in VS
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

Simple to use and preferred over other chat systems

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fantastic user interface and easy to use tools. It has been a life saver in many instances!

I love that we have full history available for all chats and channels. This is very useful as in the roofing business, sometimes it can take years to finish large commercial jobs through various phases. This history helps keep all of our internal company conversations and data at our fingertips.

I wish that the search feature could be a little more user friendly. You have to remember which person you were chatting with to find a specific word or topic and a lot of our communications cross-over other individuals or channels so finding a specific thing takes more time than it should.

Christian
Customer Service Rep in VS
Consumentendiensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best comms app

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Best app to communicate with people, team and other from different areas of the business

Easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to find and communicate to people Best use to contact on shore people, other people if we needed help

none so far, it is easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to find and communicate to people Best use to contact on shore people, other people if we needed help

Leo
Leo
Account Executive in VS
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Chat provide the best communication with the aweasome video chat.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Chat is the best software for the communication purpose. I would really like this software because it is the most powerful messaging tool. The best thing that I really liked about it is that I can easily share the important information with the group video chat. Hence, for me it is the best tool for the communication and collaboration. It allow me to easily connect with my relatives, colleagues and team members.

Chat is so easy to use with the versatile features. We can easily communicate with each others at anytime and at anywhere in the world with the help of this efficient software. This software provide the best video communication services. The great advantage that this software provide us is that it makes the best communication by the instant messages, calling and the awesome video chat. It allow us to easily connect with the relatives, colleagues any team members. This software is also the most powerful messaging software. So, Chat software is a great for the fast conversation. The another advantage that this software provide us the great options for the direct messages to anyone and that's why Chat software is also a best source of communication.

The disadvantage of this software provide us is that it does not provide the best options for the audio and video calls and also messaging with the great collaboration. So, there are some features that are missing, so it should must enhanced the features. This software should also need some extraordinary options and then all the business companies get benefited from the Chat software. The another disadvantage of this efficient software is that it does not allow us for the video calls and conferences. But otherwise, it also provide the biggest benefit for us is that we can share all of our important information with the group video chat with our colleagues and team members.

Turan
IT Admin in Turkije
Automotive, Zelfstandig ondernemer

All features in one software

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Like all Google products, this service and product has been prepared with user comfort in mind. Simple, advanced, professional software. A system that can be used and works on every platform. Minimum resource consumption, maximum performance. Zero storage usage. Online access. Secure data access.

Hangouts is one of the best chat and communication programs released after its removal from the market. Being fast, easy and practical, it offers comfort to all users. Unlike normal chat software, it offers an ideal service for meetings, thanks to its event tool, project presentation, calendar integration and plug-in tools. Thanks to its mobile integration, it can be accessed from anywhere and from any platform.All your files, images and other data are safely stored on Google servers.

It is very difficult to find a negative or negative trait. It serves all levels and platforms, from basic to maximum. Identify your needs and start using it.

Dlamini Percis
Dlamini Percis
Lecturer in Zuid-Afrika
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Google Hangouts Review

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have first-hand experience with using Google Hangouts (Classic). I use it daily for local and international communication, chats groups, audio, and video calls. Specifically, I use Google Hangouts for my meetings, lecturers and conference presentations regardless of time and location constraints. It has been a highly effective platform for one-on-one and group interaction. Besides, Google Hangouts is compatible with iOS and Android apps. I highly recommend Google Hangouts for individual, professional and business use.

Google Hangouts is an integrated communication app that allows users to make calls, send messages, and attend video conferences. I use Google Hangouts (Classic) for my lectures, departmental, faculty and international communication. Setting up Google meeting is easy, even from a shared work calendar. As a lecturer, I communicate effectively and remotely with my students, particularly during the COVID -19 pandemic because social distancing is a norm. Google Hangouts also has a user-friendly interface, launched from a web browser, with buttons for calls, video, instant messenger, messenger and chats. It also allows for seamless integrating with other apps, Google Docs or Drive and can be launched from Gmail.

I have not encountered problems with Google Hangouts yet.

Grace
BD in Singapore
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Hangouts is now replaced by Chat

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: RIP Hangouts. You were limited in features but simple was somehow better. Your successor in its current iteration is an annoying arriviste

The font UI is better on Chat than Hangouts. Google app so it's easy to msg Google/Gmail contacts. Free. That's it

TBH, this would not even be on my list of chat apps if I had a choice, but certain work situations require it. Sigh. What's lacking? Can't see if read/unread. Replying specific message is impossible, but you can manually copy, put in ```quotedtext``` to quote in a very unaesthetic monospaced font display. Emojis are a multi-step selection process unless you somehow memorise the text shortcuts for less basic ones like :( On desktop if you use the chat sidebar in Gmail, it will take up your full Gmail inbox space OR pop up into a little window that's way too small by default and stuck to the bottom of the screen — this is a massive UX irritation if you need to arrange your windows/tabs in a certain way for quick switching between apps for work. Would seriously suggest Google allows free floating chat windows in Gmail. And get rid of the INSTANT contact popup when hovering mouse over the chat threads – set it to like a long hover or right click for goodness sake

Hussain
Sales and Marketing Specialist in Duitsland
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 501-1.000 werknemers

A popular tool for meetings, webinars, and seminars!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has a feature for reminding the missed messages. This caters to all the important conversations and does not let go of any important message. This software is very reasonable in price. This tool helps ease integration.

Google Chat allows group chat options in both personal and professional spheres. It is a great platform that can be used on both desktops and mobile phones. It takes just a few simple steps to install and can be used afterward. It allows meetings, webinars, and seminars. It does not take long to connect and provides fast connectivity. Due to its organized system, it enhances customer relationships by providing better services. Shares the files in no time. The interface is simple and easy to use. Another plus point is that it requires low bandwidth.

Background themes are outdated and dull. Voice and video quality get low at times. Sometimes the user faces confusion while using the call feature as it sends links rather than calling directly. The feature of instant video has been removed. It does not offer a free trial. The quality of voice and video calls should be improved, as it will encourage the user to switch to this platform. New and interesting background themes should be introduced to boost the user’s inclination toward the software. Free trials must be allowed to make the user aware of the features.

Fadiah
Fadiah
Human Resources Assistant in Maleisië
Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers

Increase team communication effectiveness

4,0 3 jaar geleden

The fact that Google has integrated hangouts directly into your email page makes it appear to be more user-friendly, even to those who have never used it previously. I appreciate that I can post messages and get alerts promptly. You may even hold team meetings from one central location—technology at its most advanced.

While utilizing workspace, I haven't delved into the Google Hangouts part of things yet. It has been brought to my attention that the price is a bit unclear. If the designers could provide a better choice to integrate all of these aspects into one and make it so that the cost can be identified, we would most likely employ it on the business side.

Joshua
Joshua
VP of IT in India
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

A efficient collaborative software for your team.

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: One of the nicest tools we use at work is Google Chat because it's so easy to use. There are no downloads necessary, and there are no restrictions on the operating system you are running; all you need is an internet connection. The only problem with Google Chat is that it occasionally jumps, so it would be excellent if they could fix it. Till now it has perfectly fine for us and we think this can suit all types of companies with different sizes.

The best features of Google Chat are -- make internal and operational improvements.- make better decisions.- The technical help is fantastic.- There is no restriction on how many individuals can participate in the chat.- Private chat rooms are an option.- Boost the agility of corporate processes.- SSO is top notch and works perfectly fine.- Customised notifications are also available.- If your network bandwidth is low then also it works perfectly fine.

The cons of the Google Chat are -- The no. Of characters which you can send in a message is limited.- Text boxes have a frustrating tendency to resize themselves.- Docking the conversation list is not possible.- Conversations frequently veer off topic.- Finding precise examples or keywords might occasionally be difficult.- There might be some scepticism regarding the Google privacy policy.

Carissa
Carissa
Technical Recruiter in Filipijnen
Research, 201-500 werknemers

Collaborations for Chat Users - Across the Globe!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love how this is obviously working along with the email when you sign on. Because you can have fun at work (remote or on-site), while engaging with people across the globe or maybe just next door who can't meet you in person for any other reasons.

I can easily collaborate with anyone and reach out to anyone with just a message away, real-time. The upper management can also work at ease to reach out to me the same way without having to wait for an email to be sent if there is an urgent project. My favorite would be the ability to search for a word I am looking for since I have the tendency to become forgetful. I also love the idea that it sends out a quick summary of the personal messages that I missed and I am ever mentioned to it. Kudos!

I hope there will be live emoticons, apart from emojis (?), or be able to change the font, background, or colors, just for it to appear lively. As well as the sounds/notification. But overall, it won't really the affect the function, but thought it would make it a little bit more enjoyable to engage with the conversation.

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great Cross Platform Chat Service

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a great alternative to other more “popular” chat software. It does not require a mobile number to be used and best of all its free! I haven’t experienced any deal breakers and I will continue to use this.

It is extremely easy to set up once you have a google account. You can use this without a mobile device as well which helps me keep in contact with friends , coworkers and family for free. You also do not need a mobile number which is a massive benefit.

Not everyone is aware of it. This can be easily fixed if more people download and use it, but as of right now, I cannot use it to its full capabilities.