Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Sumo

Sumo helpt e-commercebedrijven om hun e-maillijsten te laten groeien, meer klanten te winnen en bezoekers automatisch te converteren naar levenslange kopers.

Meer informatie over Sumo

54 reviews worden weergegeven

Jake the film G.
Cofounder
  • Beoordeeld op 3-6-2018

"I use Sumo's free suite of tools on my Squarespace site, and I have been 'em for nearly three years."

Opmerkingen: A pain-free way to collect emails that go above and beyond what Squarespace and/or Mailchimp can offer to a startup/small business? Sumo has your back, hands down.

Pluspunten: I love the (even at the freemium level) assorted tools they have for capturing emails. With a little bit of coding, you can customize your lead magnets, both in terms of appearance and delivery.

Minpunten: My only complaint with their suite of tools are their sharing tools, and this is nitpicky. I already have built-in share buttons on my CMS that look great on mobile and on a desktop. The Sumo tool was a real bother when I was using it (2015-2017). It even caused one of my followers to email and let me know it was a nuisance with this lagging (yet persistent in its following) behavior.

van Sumo group op 28-8-2018

Thanks for your review! We're constantly working on improvements and appreciate your feedback. If you ever would like to test out new features, here is a link to our Ecommerce plan free trial: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T
Good luck with your business!

• Beoordeeld op 3-6-2018
Anthony E.
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019

"Sumo Review"

Opmerkingen: Sumo has helped me double my email subscribers which helps me convert them into customers. I have been able to share my own content with my audience on all my various social platforms like facebook, twitter, etc. to make them aware of new contents. This increases the engagement of my contents hence increasing my traffic as well.

Pluspunten: After looking for a simple tool to increase my website's traffic and collect emails for marketing I found "sumo." It is very simple to integrate into my website. The settings are so simple with many preferences of your choice. It helped me add social share buttons to my website and helped me grow my email lists at a faster rate. The attention of any visitor is easily caught to interact more with me and my website. Sending emails to a bunch of subscribers in my chosen groups look simple when using sumo. The pop-up subscription box and the social share buttons are not intrusive and it has an automatic welcome message for all my new subscribers which saves my time of welcoming them with messages all the time.

Minpunten: I haven't been able to send emails to individual subscribers. It allows me to send marketing emails to only those added to my groups and I don't know why. I therefore believe because I am using the free version that is why I have been limited to that. I would like to be a premium member soon.

• Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019
Parttime Lecturer
Hoger onderwijs
  • Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018

"Good Concept, Terrible Execution"

Pluspunten: I like to concept of the product and the abilities it has to incorporate popups to your website without adding more than a script to your site.

Minpunten: Everything else. Their help service is the worst and they often treat you as an idiot. Even with photos and indepth information about issues, they still are unable to understand the problem. We went round and round with them for 4 months about an issue to later find that it was a bug on there end. Using the product is hard and the data you're provide on your popups is limited.

van Sumo group op 28-8-2018

Hello! Thank you for your review and I am sorry you've experienced issues with the software. We've made lots of updates to our service and hope you can reconsider using Sumo for you business. I highly recommend trying out our new Shortcuts feature :) Here is a link to free trial for you: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T

• Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018
Judtih N.
cmo
  • Beoordeeld op 26-3-2020

"Powerful insights into web user behaviour"

Opmerkingen: Great tool and mostly free depending on what you need. We can make actionable decisions on web pages and help to know what is working and what we should change above and below the folds.

Pluspunten: We use this primarily for the heat mapping and click mapping to gain insights into how our web site and pages are being used and are performing. It's a great tool.

Minpunten: The forms are made for gathering emails for things like blog signups but we have needs for more than that such as contact forms or asking additional questions that aren't possible with the field availability.

• Beoordeeld op 26-3-2020
Douglas C.
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-9-2019

"Enhance Your Website Visitor's Experience While Also Gaining Greater Insight"

Opmerkingen: Setting up Sumo on each of my websites was very intuitive and easy to accomplish. There are features that allow you to personalize the look and the experience visitors to the site will each have. Once set up it then runs on autopilot to track some helpful metrics on those visitors and what they do while on each site. Sumo enhances the look and functionality of the site on which it is installed while providing helpful functions that improve each visitors experience.

Pluspunten: I like best the ease of use in setting up this program to provide my website visitor's with a better on-site experience while also providing me with detailed metrics on those visitors.

Minpunten: I've been using Sumo on two websites for more than a few years and have not found anything about that I do not like.

• Beoordeeld op 7-9-2019
Colleen W.
professional blogger
  • Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018

"I really like sumo. I use a lot of its features on my blog. It helped a lot."

Opmerkingen: It helped incorporate features on my blog with ease that I wouldn't of been able to do otherwise.

Pluspunten: I love that a lot of its features are easy to use. They come with very easy to use directions. It has a lot of features that costs money on other programs.

Minpunten: I use the free version, and I wish it had more choices for that. I also wish it had better choices for email. I have to use another program for that.

van Sumo group op 28-8-2018

Hello, Colleen! Thanks for the warms words. I noticed that you are using our free version and would love to see more features and options under this version. We currently offer free 14 day trial of our Ecommerce plan. Check it out and see if it has what you are looking for: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T

• Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018
Web Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-4-2020

"As a user, it was easy to use and it gives free plan"

Opmerkingen: Its one of the best Plugin for collecting emails and so i recommend for everyone.

Pluspunten: Sumo Forms are simple to set up and it takes you less than 5 Minutes to do so.
This plugins is very easy to install and create the account. The good thing is it allows you to create one account and use it on multiple websites without confusing you. The plugin allows integration with many Mailing Marketing services including Mailchimp and Awebner and many others

Minpunten: I did not like the Sumo Logo that appears in their designs. It might be because i was using a free plan. But i am sure the logo doesn't appear when you go with the paid plan.

• Beoordeeld op 5-4-2020
Holly A.
Blogger
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-5-2020

"It's ok "

Opmerkingen: I still use it and it's ok just wish they would work on a few things.

Pluspunten: Ok so I do really like Sumo. I like how I can save email templates. I like that I can change my pop up box on my website. Their customer support is really good and someone always gets back to me.

Minpunten: There are a few issues. My emails don't always send out to all my subscribers which is really frustrating. I can't send more than one email in a 24 hour period so if I make a mistake on an email I can't then send out another one and I feel like the value for my money isn't the best.

• Beoordeeld op 20-5-2020
Megan B.
Editorial Director
51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018

"We use Sumo to add social buttons to our Wordpress sites and to grow newsletter lists"

Pluspunten: I like that is collects all the data on social buttons and on newsletter subscriber acquisition fields all in one place.

Minpunten: It often feels buggy, and the changes I implement on the backend don't always show up, requiring me to repeat steps sometimes.

van Sumo group op 28-8-2018

Thanks for your review, Megan! We're constantly working on software improvements and value your input. If you experience any issues with the website, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.

• Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Audrey S.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 17-10-2017

"Don't rely on customer support to get you going"

Pluspunten: It was relatively easy to create my first popup, so the edior orks well. But I never succeeded in collecting the email addresses it as supposed to collect.

Minpunten: The SUMO|website integration did not go so well. The blue SUMO tag attached to the upper right corner of my website is anoying and just won't go away. I did ask for support initially, but support never came. Looks like they are not into making you understand unless you pay. And still I ill never be able to vouch for this since obviously I will choose Leadepages. They care.

• Beoordeeld op 17-10-2017
Emily B.
Freelance Marketing Strategist
  • Beoordeeld op 12-3-2019

"Great, easy pop-up tool "

Opmerkingen: We have had a great experience with SUMO. We use it on multiple sites as an email capture tool, and our email subscriptions have tripled since adding this pop-up on our site as the first thing people see when coming to the site.

Pluspunten: Sumo was a great addition to our company website to help gather email addresses through a pop-up when someone comes to the site. The pop-ups are easy to create with either custom imagery and their wizard, or using their basic templates. There are many options for the type of pop-ups that they offer. Implementation is immediate and was something that I could do without needing an HTML programmer. The pop-ups do not interfere with any other tracking or plug-ins on our site, and I like that I can set the frequency to not overwhelm frequent visitors.

Minpunten: I like the reporting functions, but I would like to see more data as it relates to the success. You get the impressions and actions taken, but I would like to know how many times an individual sees the popup before finally entering their email, if more than once, as an example. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this tool.

• Beoordeeld op 12-3-2019
Sachin E.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019

"Stop Leaving Money On The Table!"

Opmerkingen: Sumo which when I first started using was referred to as SumoMe has proven to be a worthy addition to my website arsenal and a valuable tool to recommend throughout my digital marketing consultancy. This set of tools has boost some of my clients email acquisition strategies as a number of clients where established brick and mortar stores but online virgins. SumoMe interface was really intuitive and presented very little headaches for my clients to wrap their heads around with a number of them collecting list of 1,000+ plus emails after previously struggling to even get 50 emails in the beginning.
These tools definitely adds value to any arsenal !

Pluspunten: Grow your email list seamlessly
Address cart abandonment concerns
Ability to collect email address from user on exit
Discount Codes (ecommerce plan offers unique codes)
Autoresponder
And more

Minpunten: Free version advertises on your website
Plans can be costly if site offers little ROI

• Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019
Shashu A.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019

"Great Plugin For My website"

Pluspunten: I am actively using SUMO on my website now. It's a great tool for my site. I've recommended it to many of my business connects. I use it for signups and newsletter listserves. I like that you can group signups by the promos you're running. The interface is easy to understand, it actually "guides" you through the creating process. It asks your desired outcome and where you'd like the signup box to appear, when, and what it will look like. You can turn on and off the sign-ups at any time. You can also send tests to see what it looks like when someone does sign up. You can check your website analytics with Sumo which is a great perk!

Minpunten: I hate that many times you have to re-login to sumo when it's connected through your website. Like I have Sumo linked as a plugin and I always have to re-login and I wish it would stay logged in. Also, when you are checking the analytics, I feel it could be more in-depth.
I wish that I could use more than one signup at a time. The unpaid version, of course, is limited. If you don't have design skills, you cannot make a "pretty" "pop-up" box with ease. But, if you're tech/design savvy, you should be okay.

• Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-2-2019

"Recommended for Leads Collection"

Opmerkingen: I also connected it to Google analytics to show overall page views and organic searches.

Pluspunten: I use Sumo on both bookclubs.com.ng and a client's website I had set up on WordPress a few years ago. If you plan to collect emails on your website with pop-ups and other campaigns then I recommend it.
My dashboard also shows me comprehensive statistics such as Top 5 visited pages, conversions rates and all my subscribers.
They also make it easy for you to export subscribers

Minpunten: This feels really small to add to a review but logging out of Sumo completely will take an average techie awhile. I was looking for the log out button the first time I used it. It was so frustrating. I ended up going on their faq page on their website to find it. 'Click the "X" icon on the Sumo control panel (blue tab) while holding down the shift key to completely log out'. Why does it have to be so difficult?

• Beoordeeld op 2-2-2019
Director of Briefcase
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2018

"Experience with Sumo"

Opmerkingen: Great product. Have set it up for a handful of clients to build out their email lists.

Pluspunten: Sumo gives users the ability to do one of the most important things an online business needs to do: collect emails to grow their list. They do so with great pop-ups, welcome mat, and smart bars.

Minpunten: Some of the functionality is a bit clunky. They seem to go wide vs narrow, i.e. trying to do everything instead of becoming the best at a few things.

van Sumo group op 12-9-2018

We're happy to have you as our customer. Thanks for the review!

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2018
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

"Great solution for growing email list and recovering sales"

Opmerkingen: Sumo is a nice service and is generous with features and amount of subscribers, even on its lowest plan. Sumo is also easy to use and offers great looking emails and popups. The limited amount of integrations mean you may need to develop your own extension for certain integrations.

Pluspunten: One of the best things about sumo is there are no limits to how many subscribers (even on lowest plan). Although there is a limit on how many emails that can be sent in a given month, it is usually a sufficient amount for those starting out or those operating a small business. Being able to use cart abandonment features on the lowest plan, is also a big plus and sets it apart from its biggest competitor. The emails and popups are professional looking, easy to setup, and shows analytics on dashboard which is helpful. I also like the value added tools they give out such as the website social share buttons and smart bar that can be integrated into pages.

Minpunten: The amount of integrations may be a bit limited. This means a custom module would need to be built for many people. We found we had to use a custom built extension to ingrate with our website since they did not have one for our platform. At time of this writing, there are about 5 official integrations that are available, whereas their biggest competitor has 40 official integrations.

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Lee M.
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 16-11-2018

"The Easiest Way To again Customers"

Opmerkingen: Superb customer service.

Pluspunten: Easy to use once fully set up. Very important to me is the ability to A/B test promotions and change pop ups, banners and welcome mats according to my current promotions.

Minpunten: Very little. I have a Pro Account but would like access to a few more “add-one” namely Short Cuts and Cart Casino. These are minor negatives and they would be available if I upgraded my account.

• Beoordeeld op 16-11-2018
Tal L.
Manager Marketing
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-9-2018

"They have some bugs but i tried the free version and they keep getting better and add capabilities "

Opmerkingen: Good. Gave me what I needed, free

Pluspunten: Easy to use, great guides, helps achieve many marketing goals, combines analytics ontop of your website, great features

Minpunten: I encountered several bugs that didn't make me purchase but I'm pretty sure the paid version works great. They are a very good company, brand

van Sumo group op 21-9-2018

Thanks for your review, Tal! We are always improving our plans and hope you can feel more confident in using them :)

• Beoordeeld op 17-9-2018
Marketing Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 23-5-2018

"Good looking forms, but the asynchronous loading doesn't help the business"

Pluspunten: Note that I've only used the SumoMe forms. Ignore this review if you're using their other tools.
The forms look good and you have the option to customize them in more-than-you-have-time ways.

Minpunten: The SumoMe forms aren't a bad tool, just that... You're at a conference and you have a single page with a SumoMe opt-in form for people interested in your product + some bad internet that you can't control.
The page you worked on only loads the rest of the content and people scroll past the form (the form that doesn't load, because it's made to load asynchronously and it prioritizes the rest of the content before the form).
So basically people just leave because they didn't see the form.
Now imagine the same thing, online, and all the users and their internet speed that you cannot control. That was the end of our story with SumoMe. And it had the potential to be a good story.

• Beoordeeld op 23-5-2018
Head of ICT
Muziek, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-4-2019

"An ideal way to start building a list"

Opmerkingen: Great starter product, ironically with the type of offers provided by appsumo you'll probably end up ditching this for something else in the long run

Pluspunten: Sumo allows you to quickly and easily grow a list using intuitive opt in forms You can build a large list of subscribers and then email them all within the free plan, which is great for starting out

Minpunten: Once you outgrow the free plan it starts getting expensive It improved over the time frame in which I was using it, but it did seem a bit sluggish

• Beoordeeld op 24-4-2019
Tito C.
Freelancer
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020

"SUMO is the king"

Pluspunten: Tried several tools but definitely SUMO is the best solution to grow my business. Easy to use and implement with a lot of documentation.

Minpunten: I can’t fin any cons. They are improving continuously their product and fixing everything that can be a con.

• Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020
Mateusz P.
Co-founder
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-7-2018

"Great way to engage website's users"

Pluspunten: Free to use, easy to set well-designed, discrete pop-ups, sharing features engaging content shares on social

Minpunten: The settings interface could be quicker, sometimes it's difficult to handle settings, e.g. if you have a live chat installed at your website.

• Beoordeeld op 11-7-2018
Daniel E.
Designer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019

"Easy Email Collection "

Opmerkingen: It’s a great experience with this software. It has boosted my email acquisitions strategies. It’s user friendly interface has given few, but little headache.

Pluspunten: It has a pop-up feature that collects email from visitors.
Easy to create pop-ups with images and wizards.
It has the ability off setting frequency not to overwhelm visitors.

Minpunten: Adverts are placed on your site when using free version.
It comes with costly plans when small amount is offered on ROI.

• Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
Melissa B.
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019

"Sumo makes getting new readers easy"

Pluspunten: I have used Sumo on my site for 2+ years. It has allowed me to capture new followers that I would not otherwise have added to my mailing list. I love the design of the pop ups.

Minpunten: There isn't anything that I would change about Sumo

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019
Luca R.
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-10-2019

"Sumo Group is a Big Gift for Entrepreneurs"

Opmerkingen: I have been using it for years and I tell you to try it now!

Pluspunten: I am a fan of what [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the sumo group team is building. Sumo is an amazing tool and I recommend it frequently to friends and foes.

Minpunten: Nothing I can think of. Sumo is one of the most used and appreciated softwares in the category for a good reason!

• Beoordeeld op 18-10-2019