Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Foxit PDF Reader

Cloudgebaseerde PDF-lezer die auteurs oplossingen biedt voor het beheren van documentopmerkingen, meldingen over versies en wachtwoordbeveiliging.

Meer informatie over Foxit PDF Reader

I needed a free solution to edit a PDF and did not want to pay full price for adobe. This product did everything that I needed and was able to fully edit a PDF and save it again in the same format.

I don't like that there's an update that refuses to install and my IT team can't figure how to fix it.

Beoordelingen van Foxit PDF Reader

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Foxit PDF Reader heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 924 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Foxit PDF Reader eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (924)

Rishi
Rishi
Software Engineer in India
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Absolutely fantastic PDF reader and manager!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I've been using Foxit PDF Reader for a while now and it has become my favorite tool for day-to-day PDF-related tasks. I'm an extensive reader and note-taker, and it has all the necessary features included that make everything more manageable.

I use Foxit as my go-to PDF reader for numerous reasons - 1. Cross Platform - It works like a charm on my machine. I use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and it's a little old operating system, but it works without any issues. I've tried a lot of PDF readers, but none of them were as good as Foxit.2. Color Schemes - It comes with various inbuilt color schemes, and all of them fit perfectly with the PDFs which really improves the whole reading experience.3. Page Style - Takes one click to change page style from "single page" to "continuous" to "facing" and more.4. Annotation tools - Foxit is packed with a good number of annotation tools that can be used to take diverse varieties of notes. It comes in handy when I'm deep diving into topics that require extensive note-taking.5. Last, but not least, it's remarkably fast. It takes no time to load and is ready to work. So far, I haven't encountered any lags in the software.

A couple of things -1. Once you annotate a specific part in the PDF, you cannot copy-paste it directly. Clicking on it opens a pop-up for taking notes, which means you can't select the text without removing the annotation.2. Foxit has a "Start" panel that displays the recent documents, and if you accidentally close it, there's no way to open it again unless you restart the application.

simon
Manager in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great Value PDF Software

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: great software, cant beat the price and easy to use which is essential for all staff to be confident using it

Same functions and easy to use like adobe but without the price tag

sometimes the software can take a while to load on windows Pc running windows 10, very quick on a mac

Katie
Deputy Manager in VS
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 201-500 werknemers

Foxit PDF Review

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It's very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Sometimes the copying and pasting formatting gets a little out of whack and pastes text without any spacing.

Fabruzio
Technician in Italië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

A good PDF Reader

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I start using Foxit Reader some years ago, when it was a quite small program; now it has more features and obviously it is not so small (but usually we have better PCs and a lot of space); I use mainly as PDF reader and it works really well, fast to open without slowing down. It is easy to find support and documentation on internet. If you don't want to use you browser as PDF reader and/or you need more features I recommend this product.

Foxit PDF Reader has free features that other programs don't offer, so if you are an individual and don't need the full licensed product it is a valid choice (if you run a company, choose the license plan instead). Free plugins are available (OCR, Docusign...) Plus it runs much better than another widely used product, with no errors and random hanging. You can install Foxit on Windows, Mac and Android; it supports the digital signing.

The tiny "ads" about the fact you are using a free version. First it was a very small program, now the installer is quite large

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Site engineer in Bangladesh
Civiele techniek, 501-1.000 werknemers

The easiest way to complete my documentation works.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: For the last several years, I am using several different pdf readers. I find Foxit readers is the easiest way to operate than others. It takes less time than other relevant software. I don't have to wait to open a file. What I need to finish my work, I can do that with Foxit reader. Break a PDF file, edit it, and then merge it with my other files is more comfortable with this software because it's quick and easy for me to understand what I need to do. I forget to mention that it's a lite and low ram consuming software than other similar software, which means I can use it on my low-end pc also.

The interface is too easy for me to operate. The main reason for choosing this software is its take no time (so less, I mean) to open any pdf files than others; I don't have to wait for this. I am using text editor tools with ease. It also has a great feature of exporting pdf; when I need a specific page as pdf from a big pdf file, I can easily do that quickly and edit it with ease.

While I was using windows 7, after some heavy use, sometimes it crashes. It's a bit annoying for me sometimes I get some ads when I am working.

Mahmudul islam
Mahmudul islam
Assistant Engineer in Bangladesh
Civiele techniek, 201-500 werknemers

Powerful Pdf reader with simple interface

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Foxit PDF reader is free to use PDF reader, it has very smooth and easy interface. For Opening PDF files very quick in Foxit reader. Unlike other products it takes low time, For large files it takes sometime to load but its very good for me.

Foxit has simple interface , its also lightweight tool than other pdf reader. Easy to use, very quick to open the PDF files. rather than other PDF reader its very quick and less freeze. Zoom in features ad taking notes function is helpful for me. Most importantly i can open multiple files at once. Adding time stamp and digital sign is also good options for me. Highlighting important lines is swift and easy.

From my use, i did not find any big Cons, for large files sometime it freeze.

Shelby
QA & Environmental Manager in VK
Farmaceutica, 51-200 werknemers

Foxit PDF Reader Review

5,0 9 maanden geleden

We implemented Foxit PDF Reader Review to use as our default app to open PDF files. We were having issues with our other provider. I have found Foxit PDF Reader Review to be efficient. The files open quickly. The lay out is good. I have utilised the e-signature and text edit settings so far and these do seem to work really well. I have not encountered any issues so far with Foxit PDF Reader Review and I plan to continue to use this.

The only issue I have had is some files will not open - but rare.

Marian
IT Technician in Duitsland
Industriële automatisering, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Foxit PDF Reader

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I describe Foxit PDF Reader as a lightweight and fast app, worked flawless until now and didn't encounter any issues. The signature feature is a big plus for it and I use it very often.

Foxit PDF Reader is a light weight PDF reader easy to install and use. I like the nice user interface and the fact that is fast. PDFs are open instantly and had no issue until now with this software.

No cons for Foxit PDF Reader until now.

Robert
ITO in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Foxit is a great alternative to the "Larger" PDF companies

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great piece of software especially if in a bind and just need a good PDF program.

I love that it is easy to find, download, and install. It's a great piece of software that enables our users to manage PDFs without pay-for subscriptions.

As Foxit has freeware versions it can lead to shadow IT. Businesses need to decide if they will allow this software or not as it is fairly easy to access and use.

Matt
AM in VS
Automotive, 201-500 werknemers

Foxit PDF Reader

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

It is a nice alternative to Adobe. It has a lot of nice features, and it is easy to use.

Sometimes it can have weird printing or scaling issues.

Marisa
Paralegal in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to use!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A pleasant experience 3+ years in! I was using Nuance Power and it was super confusing.

I currently have Foxit Phantom PDF, however, I had originally started using the free version years and years ago! It has been such a life changer! I work within this PDF editor daily, I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I remember a time when I didn't have this in my life and I just don't know how I was able to go about my daily activities without it. Anyone who works in the Legal Industry or just office industry in general can benefit from this software! The price for this is paid back within no time. It has helped to maintain my efficiency!

Nothing that I can think of! I really enjoy using Foxit and it has been everything I could have asked for and more.

Bernardo
Research Assistant in VS
Mijnbouw en metalen, 51-200 werknemers

Decent PDF Reader

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is very useful and simple to read PDF files and has very good tools to analyze the text and leave comments.

At first I didn't like to have Foxit Reader installed in my computer. I was used to Acrobat Reader. However, Foxit Reader have surprised me. The feature that I like the most (and maybe because I use the most) is the comments tools. I like how it is very easy and simply to leave a comment or highlight a text - there is even more than one highlighter color that I can choose and the software is very friendly. Regarding comments, I can use different forms to leave a comment which is very useful if you have to leave different types of comments.

Recently I have updated my Foxit Reader and somehow I cannot access the recent files from the start window. Sometimes I open several files and they also do not show up on the recent files list, which is annoying that I have to go all the way to the folder and open it from there. If it is a bug from the recent version it could be fixed.

Mohammed Majeed
Field Manager in Ghana
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

small file size, simple to install, and even easier to use

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Foxit has drastically improved our document creation, handling and research collation processes. By introducing direct features that simplify otherwise lengthy processes of conversion and reconversion between different file formats, it has in many ways improved our efficiency. Finally, the ability to quickly redact PIIs from project reports before sharing with unauthorized personnel helps us easily maintain data protection protocols.

My most favorite feature of Foxit Reader is the Page Panel, that allows me to reorganize the flow of any pdf document by simply dragging and dropping them in the order that suits me. Before discovering this feature, I used to have to first convert them into word format, and then copy paste the contents unto a fresh document in the order I desired. Imagine the amount of time being saved me by introducing this powerful feature.

Even though there are ways around it, I wish the Foxit Sign function wasn't featured as a separate service. This is my only complain about Foxit Reader.

Nikhil
Head of Operations, IT in India
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

One of the Best Softwares for PDF reading and Editing

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Till date, the experience has been good. The software is fast, easy to use, occupies lower storage space, and consumes lower RAM, which is a blessing in disguise.

Size, As compared to Competition, Foxit is comparatively Lighter in size. Other softwares were larger in size, which lead to occupying larger RAM space and disk space, making it difficult to run on systems with lower configuration. Me as an IT head, i can't advise the management to go for a mass hardware upgrade abruptly, otherwise i would be out of Job. Hence, using Foxit has been easier as it runs easily and smoothly on systems with lower configuration as well.

Sometimes, when using forms where we have to apply digital signatures, the software has glitches. Otherwise, i am very happy with the software

Eoin
Owner in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Great general PDF reader, ability to markup, comment, "Type" and "Sign" PDF forms is amazing

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My first introduction to Foxit came more 13 years ago (or so, around 2007) when looking for a solution that did not hog so much of my cheap "student" laptop's meager resources. As the software feature set has grown, I find that I use Foxit nearly every day. Unfortunately, I have poor penmanship. With the increased use of smart phones, portable computers and tables, writing has become even more less frequent in my life. To make my "filled out" documents, like medical history forms or applications easier to deal with I use Foxit Reader's commenting features. I love the signature option for signing secure PDFs that won't let you e-sign. Keep up the great work Foxit!

Great feature set, ability to fill PDF forms and "Type" onto non-pdf forms. The ability to markup forms with text boxes, arrows and shapes. Ability to apply signatures to documents.

There is a bug with the save feature which causes the mouse to shoot to the bottom of the screen. The "default" saving location is "Foxit Cloud".

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

Foxit reader for everything

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you have a low-end PC and struggling with other high-end PDF readers, just take a look at Foxit reader. It is lightweight and completely free to full fill all your basic PDF requirements.

I'm a kind of PRO pdf user and I have experience with almost every famous PDF reader, I can say Foxit is the best PDF reader. comparatively, it is small software with better ram management. It takes less time for the initial run & we can do all kinds of commenting works such as drawing, signing, and highlighting within the free version. It suites me very well for both my personal and professional works and its mobile version also looks impressive.

I didn't see any downside of this cool app until now. The measuring function is missing on Foxit and if it introduces in the future, it will be a great update. And mobile version needs some UI improvement for long-term survival.

Meliksah
Engineer in Turkije
Consumentenelektronica, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Flexible and efficient PDF Reader

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Foxit is just fine. I remember Foxit as a good old chap that I use since my time in college. Back then it helped me with lecture studies, now it helps me in business life with my academic paper publication releases and documents.

I like the flexibility Foxit provides when I study a PDF document. Ability to take notes, highlight, draw, etc. Not to mention it's free to use which makes it perfect for students. I used Foxit back then to study my lecture notes, now I use it to read brand-new academic paper publications and take notes. It marks where you left at the document and when you re-open the document, it automatically starts from there. Its simplicity is its beauty. Not to mention that it is a very efficient software which does not leech the system.

There's nothing I disliked during my readings, however if I have to name one, it could have a nicer UI perhaps with a cozier theme to simulate the cozy reading experience.

Adrian
CEO in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A good choice of pdf reader

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It does the job. I think it uses fewer resources than Adobe, it certainly seems to load faster, but then the decision point was some years ago and that may by now be different. As I said I literally use it as a pdf reader so if you were going to use something to design or edit pdfs then some other research would be required. But for a reader its' great

I really only use this software for reading pdfs (I edit oin other software) and it soldiers away opening anything I throw at it without complaint!

Splash screens sometimes get in the way of what you're doing

Vernessa
Vernessa
Freelance Writer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Foxit PDF Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty (and will even "read" your PDF to you)

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Foxit Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty, giving me a set of tools for working with PDF documents not found outside of web-based premium add-ons or in more expensive software. (Most PDF readers don't allow you to create files, only read them, unless you use a premium, cloud-based version.) It renders pages quickly, even large documents. From combining documents to adding attachments to incorporating thoughtful security measurements, Foxit Reader does a good job. Since I've been using it, it has only crashed once (I'm not sure why). There are a few gotchas but I'm hoping the creators will pay attention to those and keep improving Foxit Reader. I recommend it to friends and clients alike.

This review is about the standalone version of Foxit Reader for Windows PC. My favorite feature is ability to create a PDF from most types of files (docs, spreadsheets, text, graphics), and from scanner or from text copied to the clipboard. And Foxit Reader includes my all-time favorite: a tabbed interface so you can open more than one PDF at a time. Really useful is being able to add attachments to a PDF file, and a way to manage any attachments whether they arrived with the document sent to you or you are creating a new document and want to attach files. To top it off, if you add folder, it includes all the documents in the folder, saving you some precious time. The commenting system takes commenting a bit further. Using the "typewriter" feature, you can add a single or multiple lines of text anywhere in the document (wherever there is some white space.) Once you turn the typewriter feature on, you have to remember to toggle it back off or you'll inadvertently have "lines" of text in weird places every time you click the mouse. Security is baked in, including a feature that allows you to turn off all features in the software that require an internet connection. Being a consultant often working with time-sensitive deliverables, I appreciate the variety of protection schemes especially digitally signing with DocuSign and time stamps.

The User Manual is online so when working offline the manual is not available. Ditto with the help system -- no help if you're not connected to the internet. Since it is in PDF format (albeit online), why not include it with the software for offline use? I like this feature but it could stand some finessing: Foxit Reader incorporates a "read PDF" feature where the PDF you're viewing can be read to you. Unfortunately, the voice is rather robotic and the inflections don't quite cut it, but it's still a neat feature to have in a pdf reader. Too bad it's a Windows-only program. I'm also a Linux user so I'm always looking out for programs that are cross-platform or can run on multiple operating systems.

Osayi Jude
Osayi Jude
Assistant Manager in Nigeria
Verzekeringen, 201-500 werknemers

Light but efficient and fast

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I prefer foxit reader for use with my pdf files because it is fast and hardly make my pc slow down. The level of control is just perfect for me even if the search function is supposed to be a deal breaker but I am willing to bear that “little setback” just to keep enjoying the software.

I was using another pdf software to view pdf files which always caused my pc to hang until a colleague recommended foxit reader to me. It has worked flawlessly for me. Foxit reader is the only reader I know how to use to delete unwanted pages in the middle of my pdf documents. This is a very useful function for me. Foxit reader load very fast and open Files quickly. I particularly like using the Safe Reading Mode to open doubtful files downloaded from the internet so that my pc will not be affected by viruses if embedded in them. I also use it to Sign and fill PDF Documents. The updates are not as regularly as the other software I was using but you get the feeling they only release updates if they really have to and the effects are usually noticeable. For a non-techy person like me, I like that the interface functions are not plenteous and is very easy to use.

In the course of my duties, I do a lot of search within the files I work with and must say foxit reader search function is unreliable. I have learnt to do it using other means like the windows search function. I do not know if it is my pc but I have problems when opening files larger than 60mb on foxit reader. I sometimes get pop up to install other software within foxit reader interface especially when I am connected to the internet. I can understand this because I use the free version but it can sometimes be a nuisance when it appears frequently thereby unsettling you.

Imi
Imi
CIO in Grenada
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

Useful PDF reader- best for viewing PDF files through the windows preview method

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I like it. I use it as the PDF reader because it is clear and clutter free.

This is quite the best free PDF software to view those PDF files in Windows File Explorer. While this preview feature for PDF files are available in all other PDF readers, the Foxit menu, clarity and speed of scrolling during the preview is a must have for any one working with large contracts. It has several features such as bookmarking, attachment and typewriting that is desirable and found in paid version of similar software. However,.....

The software is filled with Ads ( Advertisement) when you begin to use it in full. It sometime feel that it is memory intensive and feel heavy when you open a few larger contract. The main drawback for me... I cannot go to File... Save AS ( Optimized ) or reduced PDF.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Daily use of FoxIt

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: other than the mirroring of the logo as mentioned before no issues

The program is as many other pdf readers but with a lot more functionalities. You can easily add signatures in a safe and secure way to the documents and make all kinds of notes. This all can be done in the free version. Of course in the paid version you get the cloud functionality (among other things) which by the way is a very nice feature. We did not need this because we are using the Office 365 environment.

lately i noticed that when printing logo's like for example print an invoice from amazon the logo was mirrored. Not sure if that has been fixed but for me it was not a big problem because i can print to PDF using the MS OS built in PDF print option and then open the doc in Foxit.

Abdul
Abdul
Geologist in Pakistan
Civiele techniek, 11-50 werknemers

Foxit Reader is not just a PDF reader

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Being in civil filed I have to make reports of project and submit to Manager in pdf form. As a result, I must double-check all of those files before giving them to my Manager. Foxit allows me to effortlessly work with numerous files at once. As a result, Foxit has become an integral part of my workflow, allowing me to be more productive, precise and I do more work in less time

It's completely free to use. Has signature and typing facilities that are simple to use. Multiple signature images can be stored using the signature image upload feature. The ability to change the colour and size of the type tool is fantastic. It's also compatible with fillable forms. I really appreciate how you may have several tabs open at once and switch between them. I use this software on a daily basis and prefer it ove Adobe as it take less space

To be Honest there is nothing to dislike as far as the foxit is concerned. Just one thing keep in mind during installation, during installation small popup window shown on your screen and will install the additional software so uncheck the box to avoid this unusual installation.

MARIA
Legal Assistant in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Typing PDF

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Exceptional experience given the typewriter button function, granted, I'm not walking around the office as much and getting my exercise, but I am getting MORE done.

The typewriter feature is used constantly! Gone are the days of printing a PDF, taking it to the mechanical typewriter and inserting additional language that does not "fit" the PDF layout. Also, being able to see (as a different color) the items inserted is helpful.

Multiple tabs when opening multiple documents. Would work better for me if they opened in their own windows or if I had an option to choose new window versus additional tab (so I can alt-tab to each when working on multiple documents).

IT Project Manager in Filipijnen
Vermogensbeheer, 501-1.000 werknemers

Small Footprint but full featured

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using Foxit for about a decade now, and it continues to perform and deliver in most aspects and features you'd expect from a PDF tool.

First of all, Foxit Reader has a very small footprint. Sure there are some with smaller installer or installation size, but compared to Acrobat, this is pretty small and feels lightweight for almost the same features. The ribbon is a welcome feature pretty similar to Microsoft Office. It has a very clean interface and the Icons, menus, and functions are easy to find and navigate. I use PDFs a lot since MS Office/LibreOffice formats when interchanged the formatting gets messed up, and so I use PDF and Foxit to create and edit it. Filling out forms is easy, and not problematic in terms of having to put in smack within the target text area. I also use Foxit for merging different PDFs together, mostly coming from scanning, to PDFs, and merge. Reading with Foxit is also great, full-screen, and adaptive to the monitor setup I have. Knowing the keyboard shortcut also helps a lot. And lastly, Foxit is now available for Windows, Mac and Linux which means I can use it wherever I go since I use different OS'es when I move around.

A little bit subtle, but if you're not careful you might end up installing additional software (other then Foxit Reader) during the initial installation. There's this small checkbox you have to watch out for. Other than that, free of paid, Foxit is great!