Over ConvertKit

E-mailmarketingsoftware voor makers die voorwaardelijke content voor verschillende soorten abonnees ondersteunt.

Meer informatie over ConvertKit

It's really easy to create email campaigns and to use tags to create workflows for automation. For one client, their whole membership site is ran by convertkit integration.

Beoordelingen van ConvertKit

Waar voor je geld

ConvertKit heeft een totaalscore van 4.6 van 5 sterren op basis van 137 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Reviews filteren (137)

Productscore

Productscore

Gebruik

Sorteren op

Heb je ConvertKit eerder gebruikt?

Amber rose M.
Amber rose M.
Blogger in VS

Best Email Marketing Software

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: ConvertKit has been the best email marketing software I've used. Even though there are free products, start with ConvertKit. You'll make the switch eventually so just start here.

My favorite feature of ConvertKit is how thorough everything is. For example, there are multiple ways to accomplish your goal, which means you can chose a method that works for you and be successful. The metrics feature is amazing - you always know if your emails were received well from your subscribers. I love the ability to have a series, to test your headlines, and to understand the analytics. The BEST feature is the tagging feature. You can have multiple businesses, lists, and passions but still use ONE product. Just use the tagging feature to give your subscribers identifying tags and you can send them curated emails based on what you know about them. I have used Aweber and Mailchimp - ConvertKit is best.

Sometimes the software can have a learning curve. There are robust features (which make the price VERY worth it), but knowing how to use everything can be challenging . There is a lot to remember. Yes, they have templates and guides and support, but it's still a bit to learn.

Simon P.
Director in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Solid and improving email marketing software

4 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall ConvertKit is a good solid option, but only really if you're using the paid version. The free version lacks a lot of the good features. It is priced competitively and once you learn how to use it, it's pretty user friendly. Reliability wise, I've never had a problem as far as I can recall. Customer service is pretty quick and I've even reached out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter and he was responsive.

When I started using ConvertKit it was a relative new entrant to the market and a competitor to the likes of MailChimp and AWeber. It was started by someone who had used other email marketing solutions and and had tried to overcome issues with these solutions. This meant for someone who was reasonably software literate it was straightforward to use and had some great features, and these have been added to as time has gone on.

There has been an update on the landing page section which meant I could no longer use one of sign-up forms, which was used multiple times over my website. Although necessary for them, it caused me as a user quite a headache to resolve. Also, if you go over a threshold of subscribers, the price goes up automatically...if you go back below the threshold you have to tell them to move you back down. The free option is not particularly great for brand new websites and on websites I have built for others, they've tended towards something like MailerLite initially.

Sam B.
Course Creator in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

ConvertKit: Master Email Marketing!

5 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I did a lot of research and found out most online marketers are shifting to ConvertKit. I tried it and use it still.

It's ease of use. Clean user interface. Templates I can start with. Many integrations. It's an awesome software.

That it's pricing strategy is a bit above some other similar services. But I guess they know the value they are providing.

Amy F.
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Lots of quirks, customer service is awful

3 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's an ok tool. A lot of the glitches have cost me money (i.e. sending coupons to my list and excluding purchasers... only to find out prior purchasers still received the email). I've had requests for "discounts" from people who have received these emails after purchasing a product at full price. They are not happy. When people get stuck in sequences they go "cold"... then I end up sending a reengagement sequence before removing from my list and these people get very mad too... they have been expecting to hear from me and think that I don't send to my list regularly. Overall I really feel like just a number to ConvertKit. They don't care about my business and charge a FORTUNE. I think this product has hurt my business, cost me money and soured my reputation. In my opinion if they are charging such a premium price it really should be top notch and this really falls short in a lot of ways. I really wish I thought long and hard before signing up with them as it's going to be a NIGHTMARE to switch. I feel really "stuck" with using them and it's such a nightmare to manage at this point.

I like the features this has - the visual automations are great. It gives you the ability to customize how your subscribers will go through your funnel. The forms are easy to create relatively easy to set up.

The system is really quirky. I often times get people "stuck" in my funnel where they opt out of a sequence and then are just sitting in an automation. It gets really frustrating trying to troubleshoot all of the scenarios and errors that can happen. Overly complex to deal with. I've noticed that certain things that should just work need special attention... like moving to the next part of an automation sequence when leaving another. Or "rules" you don't remember making end up messing up other tags or segments. There's literally no way to troubleshoot this stuff on your own the information is just not available so you'd have to go through every individual subscriber to see how they got stuck or got sent an email they shouldn't. If you're looking for support... GOOD LUCK. This is the worst support I've had. They have a chat and you get switched from person to person over the course of multiple days. They sometimes send an email with the support details, and if you reply to that apparently the chat people don't receive it. I've repeated myself over the course of 5 days now and still can't get anyone to understand the issue.... let alone apologize for a mistake that looks like a glitch in their system. I've asked for a manager and the people on the chat just ignore that. There's no phone number to call. It's like talking to a brick wall. I also don't like that there's very little you can do to customize emails. You really can't design them in any way.

Tom B.
Owner in VK

Convertkit is awesome.

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am a huge fan of Convertkit. I think it is the best email marketing tool currently available.

It’s incredibly simple to use yet has some super powerful features.

Honestly, I haven’t found anything I don’t like about Convertkit. My only slight issue is integrating it with Membermouse.

Jared D.
Jared D.
Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager in VS
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Straightforward Email Automations and Sequences

4 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am currently trying ConvertKit to see if I want to purchase it for my business. As of this moment, I like it and plan on purchasing it. You have to put in a lot of time upfront creating your email content, but once that's done, ConvertKit runs automatically. I like that a lot!

ConvertKit has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface for setting up email campaigns. Setting up an automated sequence is as easy as writing each email and dragging them into the order you want them sent. They also make it easy to assign tags to subscribers and segment your lists.

Convert kit doesn't have as many design tools as some of the other email services. This includes email designs and opt-in form designs. However, there are other 3rd party opt-in programs that integrate easily with ConvertKit. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that there's no "undo" button in the email editor (at least I couldn't find one). I have made several mistakes that a simple undo button would have saved me from undoing.

Ben T.
Ben T.
Founder in VK
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers

A real step up from our last email marketing solution

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I was previously using Aweber and needed to switch after an as-yet-unexplained technical glitch did realy damage to a product launch. The move to ConvertKit was smooth and I wish I'd done it years ago - the cost is slightly lower too for my 10,000 subscribers.

ConvertKit is very intuitive to use and hides a lot of functionality behind a straightforward user interface. Tutorial videos for each area of the software help considerably with the learning curve. The feature-set it really well-thought-out and allows you to be really creative with your email marketing. I particularly like the easy way to send a broadcast email a second time to those who didn't open it the first - it really adds to the value of each email.

I've found little to criticise before beyond the fact the on-boarding was quite hands-off. Support is very good quality but the responses could, I suppose, be a little quicker.

Megan J.
Writer in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The only email marketing software I’ll use

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Convertkit is in my opinion the best email marketing software. It is pricey but with everything that Convertkit offers, it’s worth it. If you have some coding experience you can overcome the limited email sign up boxes customization by adding some code. But for an amateur you’re pretty much stuck with very limited design options for your email sign up boxes on your website.

Convertkit makes it really easy to collect and tag/keep track of subscribers and set up automated emails. The layout is clean, simple, and user friendly. Customer service is also amazing! They reply super fast and are eager to please.

Convertkit offers several different designs for the email sign up boxes but I wish they were more customizable. You can pretty much only change the font size, background color, picture, and bold or italicize the font. That was definitely a disappointment.

Heather D.
Owner in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Convertkit: Essential for your Business

5 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Convertkit, it has been recommended to me by several people and I can 100% see why. It definitely has more to offer than their competitors.

Converkit literally has everything you need and sets it up in a way where it will be easy for you to create emails, and organize it every step of the way. It has custom email options, and allows you to change up just about anything that you would need. Where some of their competitors don't allow for the changes that Convertkit allows.

The only thing I didn't like about Convertkit was the price tag. It is difficult for a growing small business to keep having these monthly fees especially when they're still trying to build their email list.

Creative Consultant in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Great CRM for Creatives

5 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Once I learned the software, ConvertKit became a pleasure to use. The feedback we got from our subscribers was fantastic. A noticeable difference.

-Easy to switch from an older CRM -Geared toward creatives, with a focus on the design of email messages.

-Learning curve slightly steep -Not particularly clear how to set up workflow without a lot of tutorials.

Michelle G.
Founder, Course Creator in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Best email marketing platform I've found for marketing my online courses

5 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience overall. My sales are better because I can be super specific with who I'm emailing, based on their interests (links they've clicked, courses they're already enrolled in, etc.). I love that I can market specifically instead of blasting every sales email to every subscriber blindly. And I know my subscribers appreciate this, too.

I love that ConvertKit has so many capabilities. There are a million different ways you can tag or segment your audience, and it integrates with the other platform I use for selling my online courses, Thinkific. I really love that together with Thinkific, it knows which email subscribers have purchased what, and their interest (all based on tags I set up). I also love the step-by-step instructions that ConvertKit provides for setting up these processes.

There's a tiny learning curve when you first get into it. There are a LOT of features and capabilities, but once you get the hang of the basics you'll realize how much you can do with ConvertKit. Plus, there are great step-by-step tutorials offered by ConvertKit. And their Help Desk is actually helpful!

Business Coach in VS
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

Great email marketing platform if you are NOT a beginner.

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I'm not an email marketing beginner, but I tried ConvertKit and I didn't stay with them. I found their platform to be overwhelming, clunky, and I did not like the way the emails to my subscribers looked. The emails are quite plain. As an online business coach for women with service-based businesses, I dont' want to be tinkering around for a long time trying to figure out how to use an email marketing platform i'm paying for and I also want my emails to stand out. ConvertKit doesn't do either of those things for me.

This is by far the best platform for organizing how you want your email series to be sent out as well as for tagging subscribers according to how they respond to your emails (like if they click on a button in your email to learn more, sign up for something, buy something, etc.). If you know what you're doing, this is an intuitive platform that allows you to keep track of what your subscribers are doing and then target them with the appropriate marketing.

I feel like ConvertKit isn't beginner friendly because when you first sign onto there the interface is too overwhelming. The positive is that they give you a lot of options as to what you can do in email marketing and then the negative is that they give you too much options so then, like I said, it just looks overwhelming as a platform to work with. They do have tutorials though as well as a trial so you can get to know the platform before you jump into the monthly fee that starts at $29.

Marie M.
Founder in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I have two ConvertKit accounts, because they work so well!

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Most likely, I'll stick with ConvertKit for the long haul. They've got enough features to cover my basic needs - considering it's only myself and maybe a VA here and there, even if I had more bells and whistles, it's likely I wouldn't have the bandwidth to take advantage of them. So, ConvertKit has fit my needs perfectly and their customer service is exceptional!

I migrated to ConvertKit in 2016 and have never had a problem with their service being down. I love how reliable they are! Once you get the lay of the land, ConvertKit is real easy to use too. Their software is straight forward and can do a ton for the low-cost compared to Ontraport and Infusionsoft.

A lot of my friends have been moving to Active Campaign, because they say AC has more analytic features than CK. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I do wish I could have better data from CK on best days and time of day my emails are being received. I wish I could see which email subject lines are working best for me. I wish I could have an overview calendar of what was previously sent rather than having to thumb back page after page. I wish that ConvertKit's email templates were easier to use -- I don't know coding and had a designer help me out.

Entrepreneur in Australië
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Use it pretty much everyday

5 vorig jaar

I've tried pretty much every email marketing platform under the sun and for me Convertkit is leagues above the rest, mostly in useability. I'm after software that's simple (most providers make you go through 100 unnecessary steps to send a simple broadcast or set up an automation) but also powerful. Simply because of ease of use and everything just works, it's the best option. Other platforms promise a frustrating future.

It is fairly expensive, though they've gotten a free tier now which is great. I wish they had better reporting that wasn't exclusive to the pro option. And their customer support... it used to be good but over the past year or so it's really fallen in the hole. They take ages (as in days per response that may or may not have solved the problem) to get back to you, and instead of getting back to you they have a whole 'triage team' who come back after a few days to say they've recieved it and someone will take care of it. It's really stupid. That could be taken care of by a bot, and they should have hired more support instead of more middle management. It's just weird. Hopefully it's just a phase and they return to what it was.

Gina L.
Founder in VK

Smarter email marketing

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: ConvertKit has been a great tool for my business over the years and I'll continue to use it moving forward. They update and adapt regularly so it's an email marketing service that's worth your time if you're thinking of investing or upgrading.

I've been using ConvertKit for a long time and in that time I've used it to get a little smarter when growing my email list. It's one thing to send weekly emails to your growing list, but it's another to segment specific users, tag them and put them into different categories so you can send them personalised emails. ConvertKit allows you to do all of this in a very user-friendly way. One of the key factors in sticking with ConvertKit for so long, was that it has automation at the heart. As online business owners, we don't always have the time to analyse data and manually sort subscribers so we can make more informed decisions. ConvertKit gives you the freedom to set up your own automations with a lot of flexibility, all so you can spend less time on marketing and more time in your business.

ConvertKit allows you to tag people who purchase products through their various integrations but it's a bit lacking in terms of data on this. You can see the products they've purchased, but you can't see where they came from. Which means it's much harder to see a holistic view of your marketing strategy with ConvertKit at the heart.

Mia B.
owner in VS
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Convertkit is my email service provider. Here's why...

5 3 jaar geleden

Like most brand new online entrepreneurs I started off with Mailchimp which is free. As I grew my list and my marketing techniques I needed something more robust with more options to segment out my list (not really done with the free platforms). I now have so many sequences and segments that are completely automated and my list has been actively growing. ConvertKit is "customer-based" instead of "list-based" meaning that I can send emails out to specific people who have taken specific actions rather than emailing an entire list of people reglardless of their actions and losing subscribers by sending irrelevant emails to the wrong people. Each subscriber is tagged based on a link they clicked, a form they subscribed through (freebie), a purchase they made from me, and SO much more. I even have tags set up when I'm running a webinar to see who watched the whole thing, who didn't show up at all, and who watched the replay. There are just so many options.

This is not an intuitive software initially- especially if you're coming from a list-based provider like Mailchimp. There will be mistakes and there will be a learning curve. But that comes along with running a business. Luckily, the chat and email customer service is generally pretty active and helpful. I've used them a lot.

Home Inspector in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great Option for the Solopreneur

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use this service for a relatively small email list I just started, and it works really well for the price. I use the optin forms and email sequences to gain more email subscribers on a regular basis. I also love that I can create really simple and easy to design automation flows between opt-ins and my general email newsletter. This is something I use on a daily basis.

I recently switched over to ConvertKit from another service after reading positive reviews. I like their format for sending emails to subscribers so much more than any other platform I've used. The emails are really modern looking and simple, so they're appealing to my audience when I send them. I also like that I can simply reuse my last email and make changes to just the content. It makes sending a weekly email really simple. Another huge benefit to me is that I can segment my subscribers into different groups that allows me to send targeted emails in a more efficient fashion. I also track users who have purchased a product so I don't send them emails about the product they've bought. This software is an all in one, which I really like. Meaning, I am able to create an optin form, email sequence and product download all in one with this software. I love that it keeps everything really organized in this fashion.

Some of the ways to organize subscribers are a little confusing to a newbie. You can sort them into segments as well as mark users with tags. I wish it were more clear what each one did at first glance. I also wish there were more options to design the optin forms. They are pretty basic and there isn't a lot of room for creativity, but they are still functional.

Manager in VS
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Powerful email marketing

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, ConvertKit is a great option for bloggers or small business owners who want to make the most of their email marketing efforts. I've used several providers over the years and ConvertKit is currently my top choice.

The automation features that involve tagging subscribers and setting up sequences allow for a lot of potential. There are many ways to deliver highly-targeted emails to your subscribers with ConvertKit.

The starting price of $29 per month is higher than most competitors. As your email list gets bigger and you move into higher-priced plans, ConvertKit's pricing is more on par with competitors, but the starting price is definitely high compared to some of the other options.

Megan H.

Simple Email System

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I use it to manage my 3 different segments and all the lead collection and workflows within those. My list is still pretty small (~1,000) and I'll likely outgrow ConvertKit, but it's been great starting out.

I like that the sequences are easy to set up and automate. I like the simple rules I can create to trigger automations. The visual workflows could use some improvement, but they're a good start.

The email builder, even the new one, is adequate but not great. I find it a bit clunky, but it does what needs done.

Owner in België
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Helping creators grow their email audience? Convertkit is a solid platform.

5 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this is an easy to use, modern email marketing tool that covers all the basics. Great for beginners who want to get going fast. Also suitable for more advanced marketers. I enjoy using this. The interface is modern and easy to use. Unnecessary settings or steps are removed, making this a tool that doesn't require much time to get something created. Good documentation as well, so the beginner can get started knowing the support and education is just a few clicks away.

I like how Convertkit makes it easy and fast to get your lead generating page up and running and start collecting leads. The landing page builder is good with plenty of templates. You don't need technical skills to get a page up and start building your list. That's what Convertkit focuses on. It's a modern tool that offers all the basics and a few advanced features. No unnecessary bells and whistles needed if you want to focus on creating.

Pricing starts higher compared to other tools, but the advantage of Convertkit is that one email address only counts once, unlike other tools where a subscriber counts multiple times towards your total subscriber amount if that person is added to multiple email lists or campaigns.

Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Holistic Health and Wellness Coach in VS

Life Saver

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Due to the ease of ConvertKit I email way more. I am not getting fancy yet with sequences, but in a matter of using it only for 2 weeks, the way the software is set up, I am begging to formulate big picture sequences, strategize campaigns and IN TRUTH, I was never able to look at my health coaching service and online webinars like this because my background is education. As a educator we don't think like this because our students just come to us, the stress of "getting clients" was so large and overwhelming until I found something like convert kit to make me BE more present and visible online. I AM SO GRATEFUL!

As a person with little to no tech background, truth, I was quite intimidated by this software. HOWEVER, what I love about it, is its dedication to quick videos that give you instant feedback and education to navigate and understand what you are doing. There are tutorials everywhere, in truth you never feel lost or alone or not supported. It is more about (as a new entrepreneur) it is more abut catching up with the scope of what you want to do with it. I initially used it to organize and gather emails and do live broadcast, but together with Leadpages these two have been my go to towards launching my first webinar only using emails in my direct network and slotting 8 out of 10 seats for my webinar. I really was lost in terms of how to manage all these emails and in truth they manage themselves. I What I love the most is how it auto tags/sorts the emails so I can see who responds to what funnel and make me a better and more strategic entrepreneur.

Nothing yet, I am more impatient with myself because I wish I could understand its full scope fast.

Suzan Ç.
Founder in Turkije
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Really easy to use but a bit pricey

5 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: While using ConvertKit I found it really easy to use however I canceled my subscription due to the high price. Overall I think it's a good product but if you're on a tight budget it might not be the best product out there.

I like how everything is drag and drop, it makes it really easy to learn and use. The interface is very sleek and it's easy to find what you're looking for. The customer service is excellent too.

First of all, compared to alternatives it's expensive. Second, if you want to send more than text based emails you won't have many options. There aren't that many templates. It's better for sending plain text emails, You have the HTML option but adding customizations is hard for people who don't want to code.

Brian K.
Online marketer in Singapore

ConvertKit had helped me greatly to streamline and simplify my email marketing processes.

4 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Time saver and great use of use.

Ease of use and easy UI/UX experience in using the software. The user interfaces are way better than other email marketing software on the market. It has enough basic features and a few powerful features such as tagging certain opt-in groups of users for niche marketing purposes, which I find it very useful. There are less clutter when it comes to feature layout on the interfaces, so one can focus better on using key or common key features. A nifty feature which I liked most is the Visual Automations, that Convertkit had come up with. It's a graphical way to set automation. It uses three types of items: Actions, Events, and Conditions. It's all visual and one can easily define these items. Moreover, ConvertKit has just introduced new features into its software such as enabling one to create custom consent checkboxes, find your EU subscribers and get consent from existing subscribers. Also, four new legal forms and support processes were introduced as tools to help one get one's own business compliant with GDPR.

Personally, I would like more visual stuff or graphical interfaces that I can interact with such as drag and drop functions. At this point of this review, ConvertKit had plans to revamp the software to become more powerful and there is a new branding makeover for ConvertKit. For the monthly price for the 1st 1000 subscribers for new customers, I do find the price is expensive. But one has the option to go for yearly subscription in order to get bulk discounts in the long run. Thus, one has to consider different pricing options that ConvertKit offers before committing to a paid account. One can try out a free one month trial via its free webinars though.

Jacob S.
Founder in VS
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Convertkit is a solid email marketing platform

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with convertkit has been positive. I use it everyday so I'm very familiar with it and it gets the job done.

My favorite thing about convertkit are the easy to setup email automations. The visual builder makes it intuitive and clean.

My least favorite part of convertkit are the email sequences. When you create long email sequences you have to continually scroll up and down. This should be fixed.

Chief Marketing Officer in VS
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers

ConvertKit = Powerful Features I Need + Simplicity I Love.

5 3 jaar geleden

Many bloggers are overwhelmed by the technical aspects of setting up a successful email newsletter strategy. Yup, there are a variety of email platforms out there and I have managed large lists on many of them. For my Email on Autopilot system, I strongly recommend ConvertKit. I can tell you from a lot of firsthand experience that “putting your email on autopilot” is WAY easier with ConvertKit than anything else I’ve tried. ConvertKit was specifically built with bloggers and small businesses in mind, unlike other platforms that either don’t have the right tools or complicate things waaaayyy too much. I recommend ConvertKit because it has the perfect combination of the powerful features that I need and the simplicity-of-use that I love.

I wish I had a little more flexibility in creating RSS-driven emails.