Great Experience

Maori M.
General Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This POS allowed us to centralize all the information in put it all in a cloud that is accessible from many devices. This has allowed our company to work more effectively and improve the customer experience by reducing the processing time of the orders. Would highly recommend!

Pluspunten: Very user friendly, easy to install and set up. Our employees understand how to use it very easily and emphasize that it reduced the line up time we had with our previous system. It looks very sleek because it is just an iPad and paying terminals, which allows to have more counter-top space. The customer service is very personalized, always willing to develop to help our needs. In addition, the reports are all online and we can manage all of our restaurant locations under one dashboard.

Minpunten: no cons so far. Every challenge we had was right away addressed by their customer service and we managed to find solutions that were tailored to our needs.

Solid way to run your cafe business !

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2019
Darren J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Working with Koomi was one of the most important decisions we could have ever made for our cafe. Their software is so easy to use and it is so customizable. It's a breeze in rushes and new staff catch on in minutes. Seriously. Working the till/POS has never been so fast in serving customers quickly and accurately, and Koomi is the difference. Their support team is the best I've ever seen and highly recommend them.

Minpunten: Nothing much, actually. It's been such a positive experience from the start.

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2019
Martin R.
coffee shop co-owner and barista
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come! It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Pluspunten: Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine). This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want. I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Minpunten: No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

Palm Lane Review

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2018
Shannon W.
Operations Manager at Palm Lane
Horeca, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Koomi has been a really, really great tool for Palm Lane. We love how straightforward it is to train staff on. I can't wait to see how we both can grow to better streamline processes in the future.

Pluspunten: It's super simple to teach, easy to use and straightforward. Having the iPad setup is a simple tool for our business to use. I also love the app integration and hope that as our business grows, the Koomi Palm Lane app will become the most used app for guest's to use.

Minpunten: I do have a few wishlist items: the ability to "out of stock" items via the app directly, breaking down menu screens so that if we click on a salad it then leads to Protein Options, Salad Dressing Options, etc. (currently it's one giant list that you scroll through), for the Dine-In option via the App, the ability for the guest to choose a table number, some more analytics at the end of the day (better breakdown of "for here" or "to go" processed orders rather than scrolling through the master report).

Great app for us (ice cream shop)

Annie N.
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's super easy and simple to use. All my employees find it user friendly.

Minpunten: Two things would be easier:
1) It would help a lot to have different colors for the different groups (in the options). This way, it would be easier to scan and find the option that we want to select within all the groups.
2) It would be easier if we could correct one or many things after having clicked «check out». If the customer changes his mind after we have clicked «check out», we have to delete the complete order and then enter it all over again with the one correction.

van Koomi op 12-10-2018

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

2) You mentioned that you were not able to delete any items after clicking "Checkout". You can actually swipe left on an item to delete it even after having clicked "Checkout".

When in doubt on using Koomi POS, please give our support team a call - we are always happy to help!

Thanks again,

Koomi POS review

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2019
Trevor H.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My over all experience is very good

Pluspunten: The Support and that it’s paperless when sending orders to kitchen or bar

Minpunten: The disconnecting of the Koomi and Clover integration There is no liquor tax No photos for categories No option for mandatory prompts when entering items

Btter than some, not the best

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019
Mackenzie S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Account manager is a problem solver, jumps to action. On-boarding was far from what you would expect. I had an hour on the phone to learning back of house. Almost identical to the sales pitch. Once you set it up yourself there is very little beyond that and you have to figured it out on the spot from there. As someone who is an owner, working in the restaurant, I have very little time to sit down and trouble shoot new software. We were told there is a one time intro for you or staff but we squeezed in a 15 - 20 minute 101 over the phone the day it was set up. I later asked if there is a handbook or sheet I can hand to new staff? No, there isn't. Fortunately, I have a young and patient staff who are doing their best . We had A LOT of problems with the printer, the Koomi router disconnecting, we were told this was exceptional but what it really was was EXTREMELY inconvenient and reflected very badly on us to our customers. Line ups at brunch with a printer system network only printing 6 out of 20 orders to the kitchen. Long waits, wrong orders, scrambles tables. It was a nightmare. My working hours are 6 am to 6 pm most days (with an admin day once a week) and my liaison at Koomi works from 9 - 5, Monday to friday. I am only able to address this during my "off" hours after work and this led back and forth phone calls and emails and this was not the "support" I expected. Worst was my staff were extremely frustrated and I wish I could have been assisted them with more info.

Pluspunten: This product was an a significant upgrade from the original POS we inherited with the purchase of our business. I appreciate being able to see detailed and itemized reports. This data has saved me time since I not longer have to input sales analysis stats. I also appreciate it's "real time" updates from the dash board to the master Koomi.

Minpunten: I did not find it seamless or the design as intuitive as square or cluster ( which each have their own pros and cons). Visually the lay out of the items in each category does not mach our needs and the lack of any color doesn't allow for easy menu scrolling. There are a lot of little details that are not very well thought out ex. Customer orders a coffee and a sandwich. We process it as for here - it prints in the kitchen. Moments later the customer decided to take it with them or add another item, it is then reprocessed and re printed to the kitchen. This can cause the kitchen to be wasting food. Also, no split bills option is a constant issue for us. All updates made on dashboard have to apply to your restaurant and your app. You are essentially giving your online customers the same access as you would in house staff BUT it's not obvious if you're not a familiar user and how to use each option isn't clear.
Example: We sell a sandwich, when you have to option to make it a combo for a set price. My in house staff will highlight the sandwich (10), then select "combo"(4.75) from the sandwiches options. Then are the specifics of that combo soup (0), salad (0), tea(0), type of tea (0), coffee (0). So sandwich combo = 14.75$
If they use the app they can select sandwich (10), then they are not obligated to select make it a combo before that can select soup(0) , salad (0), coffee (0), or tea (0). So they can select sandwich (10) + Soup (0)+tea(0) = 10$

Restaurant Candide's review

Maude S.
Maître d'hôtel
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are able to have a total control over all of the items and so over the payment of every client that comes dine at Candide. We can change items daily and it only takes a minute. We are also able compile our data every day of every week with all of the reports available.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, very user friendly to prepare bills as for all of the management of items and all of the reports available.

Minpunten: It is a bit slow when we switch from an app to the other and come back to koomi pos. The connection also fails a few times a night when we are not directly next to the router.

Koomi review

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2019
Sarah S.
Consumentendiensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Its accessible from my phone. Has gotten easier to train staff on screen layout.

Minpunten: When it crashes it feels like there are too many hoops to go through to figure out why.
Updates are only available early in the morning, which is not convenient if you open early and there are changes that need manual adjustments. They can mess with our morning service.
Night time after hours would be better i believe...it would be nice if ypu can see what we sold during the hour instead of just amount we made during the hour.

Great program, very usefriendly

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2019
Claudia R.

Opmerkingen: Great service

Pluspunten: Quite easy to navigate and user friendly

Minpunten: Colour coded section would be great for more visual references
Back office, easier tally of multiple location

Small restaurant user

Beoordeeld op 1-7-2019
Gabrielle S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's positive, I've worked with most big POS services in the past and this system is perfect for a smaller place like ours. No extra features that would pay for/otherwise not use.
Customer service is super nice.

Pluspunten: Simplified programming
Ease to produce several types of reports
Good tech support

Minpunten: Unable to customize (colour code) item buttons of place them in specific order on screens
Several updates
Limited options to pay for the koomi service (They only accept credit cards)

Been using for 3 years

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018
Marc-antoine P.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Koomi's really suited for samll service business like our coffee shop. It really helps efficiency and it take no counter space. Overall, it increases our customer experience.

Pluspunten: Efficiency and user friendly interface that are using Ipads and Apps. Really convenient for samll spaces.

Minpunten: A few adjustment here and there but nothing that compromise the use of the software

Easy to use, perfect for coffe shops

Gabriel S.
Co-propriétaire
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very good experience in general.

Pluspunten: Koomi is so easy to use. I usually change my settings and prices at home with my phone. The fact it's an app on a tablet is also super nice.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, the app has problem connecting with my wifi (sometimes it might be connections problem) but it seems I'm not the only one having those issues.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your feedback !

Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV?

Koomi is good for me

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018
Jean-jacques D.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Koomi M is excellent with my bakery’s products. Adding or deleting products is easy.

Pluspunten: Simple, efficient. No waste of time using koomi. Reports are clear and useable for accounting

Minpunten: Network management. Airport behind my routeur seems to be the origin of network problems

Hi Jean Jacques,

KOOMI

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2018
Tom H.
Owner/Operator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It’s easy and simple to use, new employees pick it up right away. It’s very efficient and speeds up transactions. It’s extremely reliable. Customer service is a phone call away. It’s a perfect situation.

Minpunten: Nothing really.. I have no complaints.

Great system great staff

Nikola B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like how easy the system is to use and the ability to add or delete items from my cellephone or any other device.

Minpunten: Honestly I don’t see any cons. When I have had issues it was not the system that was at fault.

Coffee shop perfect

Emilie L.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: You get a software with all the abilities you need for a cash register in a small shop at a perfect price.

Minpunten: Would like to be able to add more colors so that it's easier to find items on the menu.

Strongly recommand!

Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Sophie B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Excellent customer service! Great technical support when needed.
The software is very userfriendly and easy to learn for new employes...
We have been using Koomi for a year and a half now and we are so far very happy!

Pluspunten: Very easy to use. Not expansive. Great customer service!

Minpunten: It would be interesting to be able to put (and it might be eventually?) quantities to the items. For invertory management.

Good ppa EAST to use

Etienne R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When we have to train staff it is very Fast for them to understand

Pluspunten: Very easy to configure and use. Now
Works with square

Minpunten: Connection with mev is sometimes lost but I Think it is a mev issue not koomi

Hi Etienne,

Using Koomi for my bistro

Lucio P.

Opmerkingen: Great been using it for 2 years and subscribe to a year plan

Pluspunten: That you could structure it the way you like it
It’s easy to use

Minpunten: Can’t put orders per clients , only 1 bill or separate bills

Excellent Cash Register Replacement

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2018
Nicholas R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Super Simple, No Frills, Easy to view dashboard and get reports.

Minpunten: I would like to colour code the buttons to make things easier. Having 24-7 customer support would be great too.

Great Local POS

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2019
Stephanie L.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's very easy to use and very practical when your menu changes often.

Pluspunten: that you can easily change your infos/items in the app

Minpunten: The layout of the app could be more organic. It's hard to see all the items when you check out to make sure you got the order right you need to recheck each item one by one instead of having a one slide resume.

Ease of use, day after day

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2018
Yorick C.
Barista et Co-Fondateur
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It’s simple to use, not too expensive and the customer service is acceptable.

Pluspunten: It’s super easy to use and anyone can learn how to use it in less than 5 minutes

Minpunten: The fact that it’s not directly linked to the Interac payment solution. Also, in a dream world, Koomi would be connected / linked with QuickBooks

Review

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2018
Sam S.
Vp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We experienced a couple of technical issues but tech support is there. T
Wedid have times that we're critical an fee had to do everything's by hand. It got rectified the next day but I guess that's the price to pay when everything is online.

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Good. Takes less spaces since it's an iPad.

Minpunten: No features for groups reservation to add service fee extras.

van Koomi op 19-11-2018

Hello Sam,

We do have an offline mode. If you would like to know how it works, please do call support and we will be happy to assist you!

Best software for a restaurant

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2019
Marie-christine L.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to install, really reasonable price for what is does. I recommand to anyone who wants to run a small business or a cafe.

Pluspunten: It is easy to use, updates are quick and always very useful.

Minpunten: Nothing, really. Its everything i need for work.