PDQ Deploy reviews

Over PDQ Deploy

Een tool die ontwikkelaars helpt bij het implementeren van softwarepatches en gelijktijdige updates naar meerdere Windows-pc's.

Meer informatie over PDQ Deploy

Hard to find a weakness with pdq inventory...so I won't list one.

Beoordelingen van PDQ Deploy

Waar voor je geld

PDQ Deploy heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 305 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je PDQ Deploy eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (305)

André
André
System Administrator in Brazilië
Chemicaliën, 201-500 werknemers

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Stephen
Senior Systems Administrator in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 501-1.000 werknemers

The one thing you got to have

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Used it at previous job, and when I came discovered they had a competitor. Tried to learn the competitor's patch management and device management. It was a headache and time consuming. Got the boss to purchase PDQ and right of the bat, everyone could use it quickly and efficiently without reading a 100 page pdf on how to use it. So intuitive and easy to use. I use it daily to manage my computers and make sure everything is up to date. Boss has come to me a couple times asking for a list of XYZ, and expecting that it is a project for the rest of the day, I'm able to get that to him within the hour, sometimes in ten minutes.

the dynamic collections you can make has been life changing. Able to create one on the fly and it continue to update and tell me if new computers have something unwanted on it, or computers that are missing important programs. I use it daily to check things. I also use it to quickly remote into computers. I have computers on the road and I have to jump in there sometimes remotely and need to be able to look at software lists quickly and a couple clicks my remote software is already connected. Or I can use pdq deploy to shoot out a program update or install something new. PDQ Deploy has all the right switches and knows exactly what to do with files to silently deploy practically anything. Testing is simple and easy and usually I have it tested and deployed within an hour. Saves me time everyday to quickly do what I need to do and have time to work on other projects. Support is also a godsend. Quick, easy, and friendly to the max!

Not much that I do not like. The new icons are weird and there are some bugs in pdq deploy that get updates stuck and they just sit in the list forever. Usually when I have a con come up in my mind, I find out that the feature request I thought of, is already in the system some where.

Phillip
Systems Administrator in Australië
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

PDQ Deploy anomalies

3,0 10 maanden geleden

Simplify server management Saves on me sign in multiple times Repeat task on remote machines

These features seem inconsistent: - Say you want to run a number on commands on a number of servers you cannot get a combined report of the output of all the commands. Often this is needed as the report may be input into further tools - You should be able to set default credentials for each computer you add manually which can be overridden from 'deploy one' - You should be able to group a group of computers like a tree structure eg. directory structure in Windows or UNIX - Computers should be able to be a member of more than one group. When you add a known computer to another group it should copy all these properties as default starting point - In new package, you should have the ability to not have to choose a step type but the commands the user types in most cases tell you what type of step it is

Brian
System Administrator in Canada
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers

Has proven it's worth

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has mostly been positive. There are a few pain points that we're still trying to figure out, such as stale DNS records for workstations. But besides this we're quite happy with the product.

We've been using PDQ Deploy/Inventory for the past couple of years to manage our employee machines as well as our Windows servers. The ability to push out a new piece of software, or to patch older software with just a few click has been invaluable with how much time it's saved us.

With a lot of our employee's working from home during and now after the pandemic, one short-coming of the software is that there is a complete lack of management for remote devices. If the workstation is not on the "local" network with the PDQ server it is impossible to manage. Having an agent that phones home to the PDQ server and handles all tasks would be the ideal solution to this.

Donny
CIO in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great price for a product that does what it supposed to do. Love it!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Easy to install and collect asset inventory.

Ease of install and use. Great inventory/asset management functionality.

Can't manage remote devices at user's home that's not on the LAN/WAN (corporate network).

Dawn
Technology Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Great Product

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has been great. It is easy to use and navigate. It makes it easy to push out patches and software to computers. We no longer have to go to each computer to install products. The built in Vendors is such a great feature and one I use often, it saves me from having to go out and down load software from the Vendor constantly!

It is easy to use and makes my job more efficient.

I would like the Deploy and Inventory products in one interface. I understand though that people may only want one of the products. It would be nice to have them integrated together for those that use both products.

Dirk
System administrator in Nederland
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Quick software deployment and manage updates

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It automatically keeps our environment up to date, without to much effort. We can leave it running knowing all clients will eventually be updated, by the packes you deploy.

Schedule deployment, heartbeat option. When devices are alive packages will be installed instantly. Managing updates is great, while it automatically updates all schedules and deploy latest versions.

I can't really think about a downside. Perhaps because computers need to be in the office or run over VPN in order to have it fully working. pc's changing IP addresses often have to be rescanned first.

Duncan
IT Manager in VK
Machine- en installatiebouw, 51-200 werknemers

PDQ - SysAdmin's Dream!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: All I can say is that I wish I had found this product sooner. As a 1 man band at a company of 150 users this makes my life so much easier and gives me a great overall view of what's on my network. 10/10 recommend.

Where to start! Love the preconfigured Collections that lets us know about which most common applications are out of date, and then we can literally right-click and Select PDQ Deploy to update them.Very easy program to use and I love the reporting side of it.

There could be more commonly used Reports straight out of the box, but not that big of a deal as it's easy to create your own and run against a collection.

Bob
Assoc Director - Global Server in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Perfect for mid-tier patch management

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

It's easy to create groups of servers that may need to be patched at different times based on usage. That also makes it easy to manage which patches are most important depending on server usage. i.e. is it connected to the Internet or not.

The biggest pain point is that it does not support Linux servers.

Sonam
Tech specialist in Canada
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers

A regular PDQ user of 1 person IT department

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I ran into projects after projects during pandemic. was looking for a tool to manage everything remotely, PDQ demo took place and went for it right away. Saved tons of time deploying patches, softwares, custom installations and much more. This tool allowed me to run whole IT department single handedly.

Ease of use, simplicity, effectiveness. PDQ has nice video based how to dos and that was helpful.

Two part of deploy and inventory, can they be one?

DANIEL
Senior IT Specialist in VS
Bibliotheken, 51-200 werknemers

PDQ Review

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

Bryan
IT Support in VS
Bankwezen, 201-500 werknemers

Inexpensive but crazy powerful

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love it, but you have to have PDQ Inventory with it! If you want full IT Godhood, you have to both parts. Thankfully the price means it won't break the budget, heck we buy laptops for more than the yearly cost of both of these.

It is so intuitive that after watching a 30 minute video from youtube (love the channel btw) a brand new user will be able to deploy software and run reports.

I wish that this software would integrate into Smart Deploy, so I can push OS as well as software

Yannick
Dr sc. tech. in Zwitserland
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers

Save time while keeping your IT infrastructure up to date

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: PDQ Deploy need a bit of work to prepare the software packages, but after this first step (which can be demanding in some cases), the deployment and updates are like "click-and-wait".
Since we are using PDQ Deploy, we can finaly keep our IT infrastructure consistent and up to date very easily and with only a few efforts.

Integrated packages for a lot of common applications, highly configurable software packae deployement, reliable, easy to use and well integrated in the Windows professionnal environnement.

PDQ Deploy does not allow you to really track the deployement history and the state of your IT infrastructure. External solutions (e.g. PDQ Inventory) are needed in order to know if a product or product version is already deployed.

Rick
IT Desktop Support Specialist II in VS
Civiele techniek, 201-500 werknemers

An invaluable lifesaver at an exceptional value

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There is not another program on the market with the efficacy of PDQ in the creation, management, and monitoring of a wide variety of installations and configuration changes we need to make on the 400+ machines in 5 main locations

Deployment design flexibility, and the ability to control how and when those run.

Deployment monitoring seems under-developed. Maybe it's a limitation of what information can be effectively gathered, given how Windows does its best to prevent you from ever knowing what's going on, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd love it if it could be developed. Nothing comes immediately to mind, but I have submitted feature requests/suggestions as I've encountered them. It also seems to generally struggle with Autodesk across the board - There seems to be no rhyme nor reason, and since it's the only set of programs we always have issues with, I blame Autodesk, not PDQ. But it would be nice if there was a way to address it.

Jamie
IT DIrector in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers

PDQ Deply and Inventory

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: As stated above, this has made my monthly patching much easier and also allowed me to auto patch more apps than just Windows updates. I have also built out auto deployment packages that I use when settin gup new machines. I add them to my domain, Inventory picks them up on scan and adds them to a dynamic collection, Deploys heartbeat deployment for that collection pushes out the preconfigured list of apps/packages and generates a message on each machine when finished.

Tried this out after some frustration with SCCM. While the MS product was getting my monthly patch Tuesday stuff covered, it felt a little complicated to manage. With PDQ deploy, it feels much easier, plus im now getting windows patches as well as patching many other apps(Chrome, edge, 7-zip, VLC, etc.) in what I feel is a much more user friendly and intuitive interface.

Has built-in support for VNC for remote control which I don't currently use. I'll be making the switch but wish there were other options.

Cesar
Jr Systems & Network Administrator in VS
Papier- en bosbouwproducten, 51-200 werknemers

Great quality of life from a very powerful program

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have had a tremendously positive experience. I have more time on my hands to address more complicated tasks and bigger projects now that I don't have to perform repetitive tasks, and I can rest easy when I push a critical windows update because I will know which computers got the update and which ones only need to restart.

We like being able to perform the same repetitive task, deploy configurations and installations, and keep consistency across our computers. We reclaimed so much time with how fast we can now do these tasks! It is straightforward to use, and there are so many ways to perform my tasks that I only need to choose the easiest way that I know to do them. The community and knowledge base articles are a treasure trove whenever I need to do something new that I don't yet know how to do.

I think the only improvement that I would like to see is a way to know that a failure to deploy is something other than the network path was not found. If I deploy a package to multiple computers and some of them fail with an error code and some where network paths can't be found,, I need to look at each failure across multiple failed deployments to make sure that they all did not fail with an error.

Timothy
IT Specialist 3 in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

PDQ Deploy is AMAZING!!!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Patch management is crucial for our organization. We also have specialized applications which need to be updated semi-frequently. So being able to use Deploy to quick, easily and reliably push changes and updates across our entire organization is critical.

Love the hotkey functions. Ease of use and overall UI is great. Easy to navigate, configure and change the product itself as well as quickly and easily build and deploy packages.

The option for setting "offset" days with scheduled deployments would be nice as we typically schedule our deployments based of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.

Garan
Senior Desktop Support Engineer in VK
Biotechnologie, 201-500 werknemers

Your ServiceDesks best friend.

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Amazing, PDQ Deploy has been an outstanding piece of software that we could never live without.

PDQ is an amazing tool that I could not live without, it provides the helpdesk with one click installation of custom MSI packages, pre-built MSI packages to make software deployment a breeze. It has built in scheduling to ensure all machines across our entire network have all the right software and are always up to date. It was an absolute breeze to set up and we were up and running within a couple of hours. Support has always been next level with detailed responses about almost any question we throw at them.

I don't like how vague some of the error messages can be on deployment when it fails but these are usually Windows errors that PDQ is simply feeding back.

Jason
Network Administrator in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 51-200 werknemers

PDQ Deploy - wouldn't want to live without it

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Easy installation. Keeping my systems up to date is a lot easier than trying to do it manually or even letting the various pieces of software do it themselves.

I can't think of anything that I do not like about this software.

Thomas
IT Technician in VK
Juridische dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

PDQ should be the first thing you reach for as a solo Sysadmin!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overwhelmingly positive. A huge assistance for me on a day to day basis, I use it to help build new deployments (as we do not have the budget for a costly imaging solution).

PDQ Deploy and Inventory work hand in hand and this alone is a great thing to see. But the uses of PDQ beyond that then is so convenient. In my case, I came across a security vulnerability in Google Chrome. Within a few minutes, PDQ Inventory had scanned all the machines that were online to see the version of Chrome they had. If they didn't have the updated one, PDQ Deploy was able to push out the installer to pull down the latest update. All without anyone noticing. The best way to deal with a problem is to avoid it in the first place and these tools and a massive assist to that mentality.

I don't want to make it out that the software is perfect because no software is, however there are no glaring omissions either. It does what I need it to do. Possibly some sort of analytical digest on a monthly basis would be a great way to keep an eye on things.

Scott
ISO in VS
Bankwezen, 201-500 werknemers

THE Best application for the money in the IT space!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been using PDQ for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. The installs are fast and responsive. Their video training is excellent as well as the videos are straight and to the point with great screen captures and explanations. We will never be without PDQ!

This application allows us to push out "one off" applications and gives us the ability to know right away if the application install was successful. They have a ton of templates built for commonly used applications and constantly updating their pushes and templates. Their support is second to none! They are super responsive and always willing to go above and beyond in helping our team with application pushes that are out of the ordinary. If an application fails to install successfully from a push, you can also email support right from the error message without having to do copy and paste. More support teams should follow their lead. I can't say enough good things about them.

Honestly, I don't have any cons about this software.

Aaron
VP, ISO in VS
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers

Deploys Awesomeness!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Deploy became a one-stop shop for getting software pushed out and updates installed. Especially great for those vendors with constant updates or supplemental tweaks after the install, which can be built into the deployment.

The built-in deployments are great! Eliminates most of the effort of seeking out and setting up common installs and updates. They are also easy to customize if that fits your business need better. Pair this scheduling deployments, then you can set it and forget it. This will reduce your admins workload significantly and the return on investment is evident very quickly.

It doesn't make coffee. Really, I've got nothing. All around great!

Kris
IT Services Manager in VK
Juridische dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Love it, but it has issues

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The company are great. Sadly there are more comprehensive SaaS solution with cloud offerings that at least for us are more suitable - especially with the shift towards a lot more home working.

PDQ is a great interface. It's agentless and sits on a server internally. Using Deploy is easy to do and there are a lot of predefined packages. You can also make your own and use many different deployment methods.

I couldn't use it externally easily. This meant machines out of the office were unmanageable. PDQ Link became available in Q2/3 2021 but I could get it to work despite support. PDQ then pulled Support for it and was the final nail in the coffin.

Micah
Network Admin in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

PDQ Deploy is awesome!

5,0 6 maanden geleden

this product is very easy to use. they do have pre-built software packages but it is very easy to build your own and deploy them. It works hand in hand with PDQ Inventory and using the two together we are able to pretty much automate software deployments. I also like that they have weekly webcasts that are entertaining and very informative.

none so far, the product has done everything that I have asked of it and more.

Jake
IT Support Specialist in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 51-200 werknemers

Automate Those Boring Installs!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Do you have that software that just takes ages to install with a billion prompts? What if I told you that you don't have to push more then 2 buttons? PDQ Deploy makes it sooo easy to mess with an installer one time and then you just deploy it out to your hearts content. Out of all the software we use this one is an easy win for me.

I have no cons about PDQ Deploy itself. If I ever have issues it's the software provider not providing the silent install switches. Luckily PDQ Deploy has a robust support forum where people typically have found them for you :)