Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

PDQ Deploy & Inventory reviews

Over PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Een tool die ontwikkelaars helpt bij het implementeren van softwarepatches en gelijktijdige updates naar meerdere Windows-pc's.

Meer informatie over PDQ Deploy & Inventory

More support teams should follow their lead. I can't say enough good things about them.

Hard to find a weakness with pdq inventory...so I won't list one.

Beoordelingen van PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

PDQ Deploy & Inventory heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 332 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je PDQ Deploy & Inventory eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (332)

André
André
System Administrator in Brazilië
Chemicaliën, 201-500 werknemers

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Joshua
System Administrator in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 501-1.000 werknemers

Inexpensive, Hierarchecal, and Scalable

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with inventory has been very positive. Whenever I change jobs I encourage them to switch to PDQ. After its adoption, my team shares my enthusiasm.

I like the ability to create nested groups, that can be dynamic or static. I will also enjoy the ability to use multiple compound statements, without limitation in order to drill down and find devices that meet whatever criteria I can dream up or that I've been given.

The only problems I've really run into is the speed that you're able to scan large scale organizations with a lot of VPN users. Occasionally DNS does not update quickly enough so you wind up with an IP pointing to a different workstation. This doesn't really cause a great deal of problems, it just causes the scan to fail. It's not a huge deal because it will correct itself during the next scan typically

Dan
Applications support and administration in Canada
Detailhandel, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Best all around remote management and monitoring tool in the industry, no contest

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Mindblowing, if all software was this good there would not be any conflict in the world.

-> Intuituve -> Extensive and detailed documentation -> Good technical support -> Low maintenance, great performance -> Fantastic UI -> Phenomenal integration with external scripting languages like powershell and batch.

-> Hard to think of anything, this thing WORKS. Reminds me of Windows 7 when it came out, kicked ass out of the box (and kicks ass even today). We're on a 4 year old version of PDQ and even with all the missing updates, it still works very well.

Anthony
Anthony
IT Manager in VK
Computerhardware, 11-50 werknemers

A good choice for privacy conscious companies

3,0 9 maanden geleden

There are no agents to install on systems being inventoried and it is installed locally on your own network (even just a local desktop) which make a it quick to install and keeps all the communications and data within your local network.

Because it is agentless there are issues when trying to inventory systems that are removed from the local network, e.g. Home workers.

Stephen
Senior Systems Administrator in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 501-1.000 werknemers

The one thing you got to have

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Used it at previous job, and when I came discovered they had a competitor. Tried to learn the competitor's patch management and device management. It was a headache and time consuming. Got the boss to purchase PDQ and right of the bat, everyone could use it quickly and efficiently without reading a 100 page pdf on how to use it. So intuitive and easy to use. I use it daily to manage my computers and make sure everything is up to date. Boss has come to me a couple times asking for a list of XYZ, and expecting that it is a project for the rest of the day, I'm able to get that to him within the hour, sometimes in ten minutes.

the dynamic collections you can make has been life changing. Able to create one on the fly and it continue to update and tell me if new computers have something unwanted on it, or computers that are missing important programs. I use it daily to check things. I also use it to quickly remote into computers. I have computers on the road and I have to jump in there sometimes remotely and need to be able to look at software lists quickly and a couple clicks my remote software is already connected. Or I can use pdq deploy to shoot out a program update or install something new. PDQ Deploy has all the right switches and knows exactly what to do with files to silently deploy practically anything. Testing is simple and easy and usually I have it tested and deployed within an hour. Saves me time everyday to quickly do what I need to do and have time to work on other projects. Support is also a godsend. Quick, easy, and friendly to the max!

Not much that I do not like. The new icons are weird and there are some bugs in pdq deploy that get updates stuck and they just sit in the list forever. Usually when I have a con come up in my mind, I find out that the feature request I thought of, is already in the system some where.

Gabe
Director of IT in VS
Investeringsbankieren, 201-500 werknemers

Great Product but....

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I love the functionality. I wouldn’t change a whole lot other than having access to systems outside of our network

We love being able to set custom scans for things like registry values. I can quickly pull reports or scan systems for up-to-date information when I need it.

We really need to scan systems that are outside of our network. We deploy about 80% of systems as laptops. During the last year most have been off the network or on a VPN connection for a varied amount of time. Without a client, PDQ has really struggled to meet our needs. I have expressed our struggles to your support team but I did not receive any reassurance that a client is in the works. We will continue to look for a replacement to PDQ until there is a client. I’m hopeful to find something suitable soon if PDQ can not meet the challenges of many machines outside of the network.

Jason
Network Administrator in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 51-200 werknemers

PDQ Inventory - wouldn't want to live without it

5,0 vorig jaar

The interface closely resembles MMC which I'm used to. It's super fast when searching for something in particular about a computer or computers. The reports are customizable and very useful.

I have no complaints about this software. It's amazing.

Donny
CIO in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great price for a product that does what it supposed to do. Love it!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Easy to install and collect asset inventory.

Ease of install and use. Great inventory/asset management functionality.

Can't manage remote devices at user's home that's not on the LAN/WAN (corporate network).

Dawn
Technology Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Great Product

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It has been great. It is easy to use and navigate. It makes it easy to push out patches and software to computers. We no longer have to go to each computer to install products. The built in Vendors is such a great feature and one I use often, it saves me from having to go out and down load software from the Vendor constantly!

It is easy to use and makes my job more efficient.

I would like the Deploy and Inventory products in one interface. I understand though that people may only want one of the products. It would be nice to have them integrated together for those that use both products.

Maksims
Helpdesk in Letland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

PDQ deployment and Inventory

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Can't tell something bad about it, easy to use, affordable price, nice support.

Most of all, we use PDQ deployment, easy way to deploy software and patches. PDQ deployment is good for script automation, easy to set up any scheduled task to meet your requirements.

Devices outside the local network are not manageable.

Steven
System Administrator II in Canada
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

PDQ is awesome!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Everything about PDQ is amazing. Easy to use, its flexibility and continuing improvements. Really no bad things to say about it aside from keep it up and making improvements.

PDQ is an easy to use tool to scan machines for information on each machine as well as deploying apps. We use it with our deployments to segregate different builds for machines. The ability to deploy powershell scripts, install .exe files and copy files is amazing and very easy.We also calls PDQs API to deploy different things making it a central hub for app deployment. The future will be making a service that users can just call PDQ to deploy an app to them.PDQ connect has a lot of promise, which will allow us to deploy apps that are not connected to our network. Giving us more control beyondAnother plan soon will be to use PDQ for software license counts.PDQ was also easy to setup and migrate to a new server when we wanted to increase the specs of the machine it was on.

They are working towards it now, but the ability to deploy to machines beyond our network is amazing. Giving us information too and status updates on those machines so we can monitor them.Not a con but I do hope they continue adding to their PDQ inventory and API. A future request/project for us is to beable to use PDQ to keep an accurate license count of software. We have some long ideas but would love to use PDQ to keep tabs on everything for us rather than relying on basic data entry.

Syed
IT Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Software Patching and Deployment Made Simple with PDQ

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It is helping us to automate our patching;  and remotely installing new software;  and updating systems on a number of devices at once. Patching third-party applications has traditionally been a time-consuming task, but PDQ makes it incredibly simple and quick. Almost no problems have arisen when applying patches or software updates.  It's now simpler than ever to deploy new applications to all workstations.

It has helped me save time.  Our organization has limited IT staff and your software has immensly helped us to automate patching and installing software on our systems.   We are using PDQ to update some of our applications such as Chrome, FireFox, Notepad ++, and Audacity.As a result of Covid, most of our staff had to move to work remotely. We were able to support our staff remotely using PDQ.

There is a little learning curve, especially for installations that are more complicated. However, there is excellent documentation, and there is a wealth of data online.   The cost was a bit costly for our organization, but it was well worth it.    Although I don't use the software to its full potential, I'm sure there are some sophisticated functions that others could find useful.    It would also be wonderful to have more software packages included with PDQ right out of the box or at the very least an ability to patch in more commonplace software.

Teamleader IT in Duitsland
Overheidsadministratie, 51-200 werknemers

Fits perfect in our Organisation

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Fast Software-Deployment with a few clicks. Easy to handle. No need to visit the Users Desktop. Auto Download helps us to keep all Devices up to date.

In connection with Inventory it is very easy to deploy Updates and Tools with a few Clicks. With Automatic Deployment we get rid of annoying tasks like check and update Clients. It's nearly fire and forget :-)To create Deployment Packages is very easy. I'm able to deploy nearly any Tool within seconds without the need to visit the Desktop onsite.

Most of the Tools/Programs we're deploy with PDQ automaticaly detect and uses the OS-Language. But there are some Tools (e.g. Firefox) which does not. It was helpful to extend the Auto Download Package so that we can deploy the appropriate Language Pack. Actually we can convert the Auto Download Package to a Standard Package and modify this Standard Package. Unfortunately we lose the advantage of the auto download feature.

Timothy
IT Specialist 3 in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Inventory management at it's best.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Having Inventory is wonderful. Being able to quickly gather data on new or existing PCs is crucial. The more recent addition of the Powershell scanner makes the product pretty much universal to do whatever you can think of for reporting.

The report writing is so much nicer than other options which typically require in-depth knowledge of SQL or other coding languages.

Adding a large amount of file and registry scanners when scanning 5000+ devices has caused some issues with the database growing too large leading to performance issues and/or memory leaks.

Jeroen
Network/Systems Admin in Canada
Landbouw, 51-200 werknemers

Just Get It !! You will never regret it !!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is an amazing piece of software what takes a huge amount of headache away. It is quick, easy. If you want want to do software install and update deployment quick and easy you need PDQ Deploy !!

This product is super easy to use. Most standard packages are already build for you (and every new update there is more) what can be super easy rolled out to a test machine and then production. If you want custom installation it is so easy to install/copy - install/ create little batch files or full on powershell scripts. This is super easy comparing to SCCM or even WSUS.

I had to think long and hard about what could be improved and even asked my co-workers.... and really there is nothing at this moment what needs to be improved. It does what needs to be done and is super easy. (edit: Perhaps the only thing is that the log files with errors could be more detailed to directly been viewed)

Michal
IT Specialist in Tsjechië
Facilitaire diensten, 51-200 werknemers

An efficient solution for monitoring asset status and reporting.

5,0 vorig jaar

- mostly easy to use - lots of templates to use and edit - provides a wide range of information and details about a specific device - grouping devices into collections according to different combinations of parameters

sometimes it is not easy to debug some more complex reports, but this is not directly a defect of the application itself

Calum
IT Manager in VK
Bouwmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers

Easy to get started with - lots more features once you're up and running!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: PDQ is a massive time-saver - it allows me to manage way more devices than I could manually. It automates the drudgery of setting up and subsequently updating devices for users in my organisation, allowing me to get on with value-added development work, enhancements to business systems etc. PDQ gives me the peace of mind that my endpoints are updated, secure and all offer the same experience to my users.

I took over at an organisation with a fleet of servers, laptops and desktops that had been poorly maintained - each seemed to have a random selection of applications on an unpatched OS and there was no central knowledge of what was installed where. I was also on my own so didn't have time to investigate each endpoint individually - PDQ made it easy to automatically catalogue and then remediate all the issues out there - from the comfort of my desk!

There's nothing that I don't actually like about PDQ - my only issue is that I haven't had time to investigate all its many options and features! It was easy to get up to a good baseline and then I guess I didn't further my knowledge of its capabilities - that's all on me. Reading this questionnaire, it's clear it can do way more than I was aware of.

Joel
Sysadmin in VS
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Must have part of large network

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I've used it for a large portion of my career. Always been essential.

The multitude of deployment options. Built in or downloadable uninstalls for almost everything. Running powershell commands on 2000 pcs couldn't be easier.

Sometimes I wish there was a client option for the occasional DNS issues.

Luis
IT Manager in VS
Voedselproductie, 501-1.000 werknemers

PDQ is a Life Saver

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: When you dont have Enterprise budget, PDQ will provide all of the necessary tools to make like easy for sys admins.

We are able to scan and patch workstations and servers from a single pane.

It would be nice if this application could also have the ability to be used locally through a web browser.

Colin
Senior Technician in VS
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers

PDQ Deploy is a Stellar Product

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I echo my previous comment, i.e. this has been such a time-saver when ensuring we keep our endpoints current, and it makes it a lot easier to manage 100s of endpoints with literally the click of a button.

This has saved us so much effort in maintaining the integrity of our software products on our domain endpoints. In addition to the pre-built library, it has been a godsend to be able to create customized packages and get them deployed quickly. When we were hit with Hafnium on our Exchange server and moved to O365, I created a customized package to remove our previous suite and get out the latest O365 suite to our endpoints with about an hour's work on PDQ Deploy.

Nothing comes to mind, to be perfectly honest.

Thomas
IT Technician in VK
Juridische dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

PDQ should be the first thing you reach for as a solo Sysadmin!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overwhelmingly positive. A huge assistance for me on a day to day basis, I use it to help build new deployments (as we do not have the budget for a costly imaging solution).

PDQ Deploy and Inventory work hand in hand and this alone is a great thing to see. But the uses of PDQ beyond that then is so convenient. In my case, I came across a security vulnerability in Google Chrome. Within a few minutes, PDQ Inventory had scanned all the machines that were online to see the version of Chrome they had. If they didn't have the updated one, PDQ Deploy was able to push out the installer to pull down the latest update. All without anyone noticing. The best way to deal with a problem is to avoid it in the first place and these tools and a massive assist to that mentality.

I don't want to make it out that the software is perfect because no software is, however there are no glaring omissions either. It does what I need it to do. Possibly some sort of analytical digest on a monthly basis would be a great way to keep an eye on things.

Rui
IT Diretor in Portugal
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

PDQ deploy - Nice to have

4,0 vorig jaar

All the capacities to deploy all kind of software, patchs or other and the way you monitoring these actions

Sometimes it's difficult to synchronizes with pdq inventory

William
Windows Admin in VS
Milieudiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Great software!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have solved every remote install and patching issue using PDQ, Inv/Deploy

Deployment, configuration, overall ease of use

Nothing, I love every aspect of PDQ Inv/Deploy

James
IT Specialist II in VS
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers

PDQ Inventory

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: PDQ has amazing customer service and are always there to help. PDQ inventory provides great insight for us to manage our computers.

My company was already using PDQ Inventory when I started and I'm glad they were. It's a great piece of software that allows us to easily track computers in our domain. It is able to track computer information through registry, WMI, and about anything you can do in Powershell. We are able to run reports and create collections of computers to track the presence or lack of software, updates, reg keys and many other features.

PDQ Inventory has some issues managing computers that are not in a connected domain.

Aaron
VP, ISO in VS
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers

Deploys Awesomeness!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Deploy became a one-stop shop for getting software pushed out and updates installed. Especially great for those vendors with constant updates or supplemental tweaks after the install, which can be built into the deployment.

The built-in deployments are great! Eliminates most of the effort of seeking out and setting up common installs and updates. They are also easy to customize if that fits your business need better. Pair this scheduling deployments, then you can set it and forget it. This will reduce your admins workload significantly and the return on investment is evident very quickly.

It doesn't make coffee. Really, I've got nothing. All around great!