Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Customer.io

E-mailmarketingplatform voor bedrijven dat helpt bij het verzenden van pushmeldingen, transactionele e-mails, marketingberichten, enz.

Meer informatie over Customer.io

Using customer.io helped us create personalized messages to our clients based on what their job positions. The website is easy to use and the support team is really helpful.

Beoordelingen van Customer.io

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Customer.io heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 78 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Customer.io eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (78)

Orian
Orian
Growth Director in Frankrijk
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Modern marketing automation platform with powerful data integration capabilities

5,0 12 maanden geleden

As a SaaS company, product data integration was a key decision factor when picking our MAP. Customer.io was by far the best at leveraging product data in emails and became a key part of our workflow to detect and activate leads from Product.

The initial setup was quite complex because of what we wanted to do, but the Customer Success rep was very helpful.

Pedro
Head of Marketing in Portugal
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Our go-to automation software

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my team is very happy with the software and we would recommend it.

It's very easy to use and does 90% of what you'd need to automate your marketing.

Some of the UI choices over time have become worst, like elements covering crucial elements (eg. minimap when editing an email), and their push to become more of a CDP than a marketing software has made the platform more cluttered for those who, like me, want to use it for marketing automation. Lastly, but possibly most importantly, the fact that we still can't DUPLICATE a campaign is absurd. Having to re-create campaign settings each time is such a time waste, for a seemingly obvious (And simple) feature.

George
CEO in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Pricing doesn't work

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Customerio is generally fine, but the pricing structure doesn't work for us. Ordinarily, in this situation, we would just go with a different company, but we haven't found one that makes sense. They got us in on their startup program, but that is just a bandaid on their pricing model.

It can send emails based on actions triggered within our app.

The pricing structure. It assumes clients are B2B businesses, not B2C or e-commerce.

Suzan
Growth Marketeer in Nederland
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Good service, interface somehow difficult and less user friendly than other systems

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Good

Great and quick customer service, broadcast function works well

The data functions and the somehow difficult interface of campaigns and flow-building

Joana
Joana
Customer Operations Specialist in Portugal
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Complete feature-set and excellent support

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Even though at first it might have a longer learning curve (because there are several functionalities we can make use of), I think it compensates having the ability to create complex workflows for email campaigns: there are several functionalities available, and we're always able to create the flows we ideate. I particularly like the “draft” option to test campaigns I've just set up and made live and that we're able to integrate with other data platforms, that enrich our trigger and filter capabilities.Excellent customer support. Even though we're not on the Premium plan, any of the queries we submit are answered within 24 hours and have detailed explanations or workarounds for the issues presented.They also have interesting webinars from time to time, with quite specific topics and tips.

Unfortunately, we're unable to move a contact manually within a workflow; which is particularly important for exceptional cases that we might want to override the rules because of a human or sync error. Another feature I'd like to have (but also seems to be missing from most similar tools), is the ability to have custom reports – though I wouldn't need this very often, thus it's not a dealbreaker at this point.The pricing is somewhat expensive, and we're not able to temporarily downgrade the plan (if by any chance our business has a seasonality).

Cagri
Cagri
Growth Marketing and Operations Manager in Turkije
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 11-50 werknemers

Efficient and Comprehensive, but a bit Pricy

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We started using Customer.io for behavioral emails and SMS messages. We're gradually moving transactional messages to Customer.io as well.

Very easy to set up and manage. The visual workflow builder, webhooks, integrations, and API are my favorite.

It's a bit expensive, especially if you have too many users, since Customer.io bills you based on the number of customers available in your account.

Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

A very useful tool for non-developer, tech-savvy marketers

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've tried many marketing automation tools and this hits the spot in terms of what a tech-savvy non-developer can do. There's a fine line between an eye-candy platform that scores low on customization and a fully fledged tool that requires constant support from a developer. Customer.io walks that line gracefully, allowing me to control onboarding and loyalty processes and much more.

I like that I have yet to hit its limitations. Usually if a feature isn't readily available, the platform is open enough for me to find a workaround that gets the job done. Kudos for customer support, a real win! :)

It could use more or better filtering and search options, as the segments, campaigns and attributes can turn into chaos if multiple people use it for different purposes. The learning curve was a bit steep. Except for the quite useful knowledge base and great customer support, I would have enjoyed some video tutorials/onboarding experience.

Arnaud
Arnaud
Co-Founder & CEO in Frankrijk
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The best email marketing tool for SaaS but expensive

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Customer.io is the Klavyo of email marketing sequences but for SaaS businesses in my opinion. We had a great experience with the software and it brought us great open rates once you have set up custom domain tracking. It's very easy to use as well for how complex the software is.

Frankly everything was great except the pricing which is a bit expensive when you're starting out. They have a free plan for 6 months but then it's a big jump from free to paid, wish they had an intermediate plan at the time. It made us considering other choices.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Great product

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Customer.io is very catered towards SAAS products like ours. Very easy to integrate our data sources like Segment, and simple to get attributes and events. Perfect for running onboarding campaign or lead nurturing campaign. It's the most simple to use product compared to everything else I've tried. Dashboard is also very fast despite a lot of data. Not clunky at all. This lets me create and send campaigns in a much shorter time.

Quite a bit of jargons in the dashboard, which can be a little confusing. It'll be great if there's more explanation on certain features. Easy to overlook some of their outstanding features because they are hidden.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

A Great Marketing Automation Platform with an amazing support team

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We are mainly using C.io for lead nurturing purposes. We are quite confident with the fact they will improve their product with better reporting features.

I've tried many marketing automation tools and Customer.io is clearly making a difference in terms of UX, documentation, and customer support!

It can be quite complex sometimes according to your needs but thanks to their great UX, documentation, and support team, you'll find solutions. There are some missing features (eg. cohort analysis) but hopefully, they are working on it.

Max
Co-Founder in VS
Online media, 11-50 werknemers

Loyal User

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We use it daily to reach our audience and drive engagment. It's been an important piece of software tied to our growth.

The software integrated with our business easily and we were able to transition and begin using it immediately. Being able to segment users effectively is unmatched by other software.

The drag and drop tool is easy to use to build templates, but is somewhat limiting.

James
Application Support Analyst in Canada

Customer.IO makes life so much easier with email tracking, Saved my butt multiple times!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Customer.IO has allowed me and my company to feel confident that the correct information is being sent to the people who need it the most, our customers. The ability to view all emails that have been sent and to ensure they were received by the customer is a huge benefit to us. being able to see if a email was suppressed or bounce give the ability to ensure you can deal with the issue in a timely manner and get the info into the right peoples hands. it has also assisted us in dealing with difficult customers that claim they never received a email, however the application allowed us to show the customer that no only did they receive it they opened it!

the only negative i could see is that the application only allows you to send 50 emails at a time and for a large customer base this makes it more time consuming.

Carl
CTO in VS
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers

Customer.io is the best for startups to small & mid-size companies... maybe even more.

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Easy to setup, easy to use. No constraints (unlimited comms, events, properties). Loaded with great features. Affordable for small companies. Great support.

Got a hard time setting up a couple features, but support is very responsive and got this done quickly. Otherwise, nothing really.

Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Flexible but lacking some functionality

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Good user interface that's intuitive. Easy to get up and running without prior knowledge. Creating segments is quick and simple.

Reporting tools are not very robust. For example, within Customer.io you can't sort or aggregate email campaigns to see roll-up metrics. Rather you'll need to export and sort in a spreadsheet or connect with 3rd party tools like MixPanel or Periscope.

Olivia
Content Marketing Manager in Filipijnen
Marketing en reclame, 501-1.000 werknemers

Easy-to-use tool for personalized communication

4,0 vorig jaar

Sometimes it's hard to understand their pricing schemes and some of the features are only available if you pay more. Also, the reporting could be more detailed

Steve
Web Developer in Australië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Simple, powerful and intuitive marketing automation platform

5,0 11 maanden geleden

The customer service is superb. There was a learning curve to customer.io which customer service helped me with.

There are no features of customer.io I dislike

Francisco
Francisco
retail sales in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

YOUR PARTNER TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR DIRECT CUSTOMERS.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have had an excellent customer experience, thanks to it I keep up to date the list of clients I work with, communicate with them through personalized messages and thus be able to meet our customers.

I have been using this tool for several years to communicate with my clients, I am encouraged to use it because thanks to it I can send the newsletters and emails automatically to each client group depending on the profile, it is special to maintain a continuous communication with users , make them feel that we care and that communication is essential.

It is a very good communication tool, however customer service is poor, attention is very slow and the response to the requirements as well.

Stephanie
Sales in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers

Great Software

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I love customer.io! It keeps our company organized and allows us to send emails easily.

Nothing! Everything has been very easy to use.

Paul
Head of Customer Marketing Success in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Customer.io is great! Customer service from our vendor is awesome too!

Opmerkingen: Very happy

It just does all of the things I need it to do and most are intuitive.

Sometimes there's weird quirks that you have to learn and figure out, but its not frequently.

Muhammad Syafiq
Software Engineer in Singapore
Human Resources, 51-200 werknemers

With enough money, Customer.IO is a good subscription to have.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

The two things that I use, their Newsletter builder and their Campaigns builder, they are splendid. The builder is clean and easy to use. There are constantly checks on your dynamic variables to ensure that you are referencing the proper fields. As a software engineer that is interfacing with Customer.IO's API to send out notification emails to our customers, I have a few things to say about its API. It is easy to use and predictable. I did not have to spend many hours trying to send out an email. It was straightforward, fast and most importantly, reliable.

With regards to building a Campaign. Before dealing with the dynamic variables in your template, you first have to make it available to you. In other words, from your code, you need to send in the payload with the variables that you wish to reference. Then, the template will come to life with your sample data and you can begin to finalise your design. I just feel that maybe, if we can have a dummy data kinda workflow for the UI of Customer.IO, that would be cool.

Kate
Kate
Content Marketing Manager in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Wonderful for Transactional Emails, Not as Great for Email Marketing

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think all our issues with the platform are because of the way we initially set it up. Customer.io has now added new functionality that fixes most of the issues we've had. They're doing a great job of listening to customers and amending their roadmap accordingly. Overall, think it's got a bright future.

My favorite thing is that they recently added functionality to remove duplicate email addresses from sends. Thank goodness!

Segmentation is tough. And we set up our account based on customer ID so we have kind of a data mess in there (multiple accounts with the same email address). But as long as you're using it as intended, for customer communications, it's perfect.

Rahil
Rahil
Marketing Associate in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Automate your marketing campaigns with ease

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: An excellent tool for Automated Marketing campaigns and the product and support teams are extremely helpful

- Customer profile management - Hybrid HTML and Text Editor tool - Workflow set-up for Campaigns

Uploading Customer lists manually is slightly complicated

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

An Advanced CLM tool

- The Features and customizations available

- The complications to bring about the automation.

Alessandra
Marketing & Communications Specialist in Spanje
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

The best emailing platform I've ever used

Opmerkingen: 5 starts

It's so easy to use, their sales and support team is the absolute best, and their features are way above average.

Nothing, I love it. I wouldn't change anything.

Georgios
Research Associate in Griekenland
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Extremely handy email communications

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: An excellent product worth its money and reputation. We use it weekly for external marketing communications.

I loved its compatibility and easy to use system. You can sign off an email marketing campaign with a few clicks.

Perhaps its limited design options in some cases, but its automation is still high end.