Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Inventor

Inventor 3D CAD-software biedt professionele 3D-ontwerp-, documentatie- en productsimulatietools. Neem contact op.

Meer informatie over Inventor

Easy to use to create a realistic, solid design.

Its PRICEY, and it doesn't run on MacOS. That said, it is professional grade and you get what you pay for.

Beoordelingen van Inventor

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Inventor heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 263 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Inventor eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (263)

Alejandro
Alejandro
Engineer in Ecuador
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers

Why I use Inventor in my daily work

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I started using inventor 15 years ago at university and although the software has grown a lot, its use is still just as easy, of course with certain improvements and additions that must be learned with each new version. Although inventor generates high-quality blueprints, many times the drawing standards of each country or region are not met, so I usually edit the drawings in AutoCAD before presenting them

It is very easy to learn, it is a very intuitive software and you can start designing pieces from the first time you use it. Being Autodesk software, it is compatible with other important software such as AutoCAD or Fusion 360. It has a large number of libraries, so it is not necessary to draw standardized parts

This is very powerful software, so it requires a high-end computer, so the initial investment is somewhat expensive and the more elements an assembly has, the more RAM memory it will need, which can easily reach 64 or 128 GB.

Mario
3D Designer in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Inventor is Decent

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I feel 80% is enjoyable. I can build structures or components. It’s getting better every time, the other 20% is just basic frustration not being able to mirror components in assemblies and keep them linked, and not being able to copy mates on assemblies is just a big time waster.

I love the rendering and Frame generator! Frame Generator is freaking Awsome! Literally allows you to build a complex frame out of a sketch or a simple extrusion. The frame members can be trimmed and you can create your own profiles! Also ipart creation make things easy.

This is a real great software, but I must be honest at 2 Major weak points that are deal breakers for me and maybe others. There is no “copy with mates” like others softwares have. So if you insert 100 Identical components, it’s gonna take you forever to constrain them in your assembly. Also there is no assembly mirror that associative! You have to use pattern, if you can! These are basic standards in even older softwares! How can Inventor not have these Basic staples! Weak points for sure.

Robert
CEO in Oostenrijk
Machine- en installatiebouw, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Frequent crashes, printer problems, network headaches, too expensive, funcionality middle grade.

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A number of irritating problems functionally have prevented us from integrating Inventor fully into our systems. We used it mainly for R&D, in which we find it usable with some features earning a 'good' and even a 'very good'. Inventor and Networks are not good bedfellows, however, and why must the damn Downloading and Licensing be such a theater?

Once you get used to using it, it is generally a good 3D creator and the standard libraries provide a relatively wide selection of parts. 2D operations are sufficient for sketches and model work. Large assemblies and projects are usually no great problem. Many early problems have been solved and local network use has improved.

Continual crashes, printer problems at almost every update (Inventor and Windows), networks, both local and external, with the usual Autodesk problems (We are Inventor users since version R3), bloatware starting to creep in, and too expensive.

Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Autodesk Inventor in-depth review

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Autodesk Inventor is a great 3D parametric modelling CAD software for Mechanical engineers. It is possible to use parametric, freeform, direct and conditions / rules-based design.

3D Tools & simulation capabilities to design and optimize the performance. Simple and easy to use.They provide free trial.Collaboration within the team members is possible to a totally different level.

Requires computers with high end configurations and graphics card.CAM and CAE features are not available.

Carlos
Structural Engineering in Mexico
Civiele techniek, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Basically the best software to design mechanical parts.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In general I always use this software to design any part, running the stress simulation.

You can start form 0 and perform a very specialized analysis for any part. Very organized to go from a point, line, sketch, solid and assembly.

How the constraints can be easily affected and the whole model ruined. Very complex to repair this.

Machinebouw, 2-10 werknemers

3D Modeling Awesome

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Inventor allows me to do my job, mechanical engineering, I use it daily to design, analyze and draw components we make.

Inventor is used in everything we do. We need to accurately model things in 3d and create the fabrication and shop drawings. Since it is an Autodesk product it integrates easily with our use of AutoCAD too, with easy output to 2D cad formats as well.

It can be challenging to learn at first but it is easy if you know another 3D modeling program. The one thing I think the competition does better is exploded views, I dislike the exploded view functionality.

Machine- en installatiebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Amazing software for 3D Modeling and Drafting

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using inventor from last 4+years and it is best software for execute internanational level projects

Ease of using commands and Vault system helped to work on client server

Takes more memory when we use Vault system

Upendra
Upendra
Manager in Sri Lanka
Machine- en installatiebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Best modelling sodtware

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Inventor is very helpful for my business as I want to create the solid models of my new product ideas. Inventor allowa me to modell those ideas with perfect finishing. I can use these modells to express my ideas to my workers and customers. Though there are many modelling softwares, surface finishing in Inventor is exceptional. The modells look very attractive, colourful and realistic. I recommend Inventor for any solid modelling purpose.

Finishing Tools User interface Reliability

Nothing. This is the best modelling software with best finished look of the models.

Andrew
CAD Teacher in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Very powerful for "Free" software.

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After students learn the basics of software they become very proficient users and have a head start in most college classes.

Very powerful program and most universities and companies in field have heard of.

Step by step tutorials could be better. Premade projects are difficult to introduce to beginner students. Having to send all part files with assembly makes sharing assemblies between teacher and students very difficult.

Samuel
Research Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great platform for facilities planning and design

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We utilized Inventor primarily for new facilities design project at the industry.

We utilized Inventor as part of a training program at Monterrey Tech. We found the features and visualization libraries of great value for the design of new manufacturing facilities. If simulation were added to it it would be second to none.

The platform is very memory demanding, so running the application on multiple computers caused it to crash or slow down.

Brandon
Engineering Manager in VS
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 51-200 werknemers

Inventor...only 10 years behind

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I like that it's fairly quick to rebuild parts after changing a feature early on in the tree. I like the view cube in the upper right hand corner, very easy to reorient the view any way I want. The measure tool is very useful and easy to use. I really like how easy it is to start and orient a sketch, super simple and intuitive. The hole tool is nice and easy to use, good GUI.

I don't like: 1. I can't measure between the edges of sketched circles without putting points there to measure from. Why shouldn't I be able to measure the web thickness or specify that as my measurable value? If that's something that's a CTC on my print, then let me spec it, don't tell me it's not "good engineering". 2. Why can't I split/trim projected geometry? You make me import it as a line, so let me trim it like one. 3. When using a feature in a subsequent sketch, why does it make me import that line geometry into my current sketch? Just reference it. 4. If I add a constraint, why not tell me what conflicts and let me delete the conflicting constraint (a la Creo). It's great that you tell me it's overconstraining it, but tell me what the conflicts are. 5. Why do I have to edit a sketch/feature to edit a dimension? I've been able to double click a dimension and edit that dimension in SW and Creo for years. 6. Why do I have to go into the View tab to change the visual style? Make that a floating toolbar in the viewable area (a la Creo). 7. Why don't all circular features, i.e. circles, holes, etc., automatically have an axis that's accessible to later features? It's dumb that I have to insert them...

Daniel
Systems Engineer, Analyst, Machinist in VS
Defensie en ruimtevaart, 201-500 werknemers

Excellent capability, decent learning curve for existing CAD/CAM users

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Being able to flexibly work on design projects for work, hobbies, and STEM Education and Outreach work is incredibly nice, and linking this capability to much more accessible maker tech really opens new doors for rapid prototyping.

Really powerful software, surprisingly resource efficient for use on laptops, and the de facto standard for many uses. With a dedicated CAD rig (or repurposed gaming PC), performance even when dealing with large and complex models is excellent. The design and portability is really quite good, and when coupled with access to CNC machinery and 3D printing capability makes the prototyping process incredibly quick. Currently experimenting with amateur photogrammetry for metrology and rapid design capability (converting clay models or plastic-printing pens), and the toolset is powerful enough to leverage those capabilities quite well. Easy enough to use that high school students can tap many of the advanced capabilities with even limited background.

For myself as an old school Autodesk user the added capability is impressive, although the UI updates feel a lot like contemporary changes that fixed things which weren't broken in the first place. The biggest headache I have right now is that the install is tedious to reroute, particularly when repurposing existing computers for STEM outreach projects, anything other than the default installation is hard, and often inconsistent. Interfacing with open source tools is actually quite good, but innate support for that is unsurprisingly limited. Still, a really minor complaint, as properly packaged for export files are handled really well with existing CAM workflow and automation in slicing tools for experienced additive manufacturers.

Piotr
QA Automation Engineer in Ierland
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Intuitive and powerful design

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was using Inventor for multiple years in my work and my private projects. It is an amazing tool, packed with an enormous number of features. Each of the functions is customizable and can be adjusted to the expectations of the company and designer. Inventor can make the work efficient, quick, and enjoyable. Each function has an extensive description with detailed instructions on how to use it. Also, the whole ecosystem of apps from Autodesk is cooperating smoothly end effortlessly, and Inventor is a great part of it. It is widely used, so if a user encounters any problem, somewhere on the internet there is a resolution for it - on the official Autodesk page or on one of the multiple forums. The software has a student version, which can be a great possibility to get familiarized with it if you are studying.
However, there is one significant disadvantage of Inventor - the price in the subscription model is extremely high. it is unlikely that hobbyists can afford that much. Also, small bugs may happen, which is fully understandable in the software of that size.
In conclusion, if you have the possibility to work with it, it is totally a must - there is nothing that good on the market. If not, there are some cheaper alternatives - not as good as this one, but still decent.

A huge number of features. The intuitiveness of use. Customizability. Detailed descriptions and use instructions of features. Vast community support. Integration between different Autodesk apps.

The price is high. Subscription sell-based model.

Victor
Sr Mechanical Engineer in VS
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 11-50 werknemers

Inventor 19

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with Inventor has been very good from a modeling perspective. I have not found anything our company designs that could not model.

Inventor is easy to use with plenty of modeling power to do most any job a company has. I have not found any parts our company uses that Inventor could not model quickly and accurately.

Random crashes doing normal activities. Some functionality can be a little difficult to figure out why the feature fails to modify. Especially when you can create the feature from scratch successfully. Seems to be missing some functionality I was used to with SolidWorks especially in the assembly constraints but that may be due to lack of training. BOM control can be tricky I found out recently. Again this may be caused by a lack of training.

Mijnbouw en metalen, 51-200 werknemers

3D Parts Creation with Logic

5,0 6 jaar geleden

The software is easy to use and is made extremely powerful with iLogic. iLogic enables you to create multiple variations of a part with programming logic and variables. Objects are created based on dimensions so, if you change the width, everything based on the width changes to accommodate the new width. So if you have several parts that are basically the same with small variations, you can create a bunch of different parts by simply changing the variables.

The one thing I don't like about the software is that in order to reference the midpoint of a line in sketch mode, you have to place a point on the midpoint. Then you can use the midpoint as a basis for other dimensions.

Mahmood
Manufacturing Engineer in VS
Verpakkingen en verpakkingsmaterialen, 10.000+ werknemers

My day to day 3D drawing tool

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I would go for the inventor for company-wide software for our CAD requirement. This helps us a lot in our day-to-day designing and modifying of the machine/parts.

Compared to the other CAD software I have used, the inventor is a more robust approach to overall designing and analysis of the part/product prior to fabricating. This helps in understanding the potential issues in the design before even creating it.

The vault and client have to be on the same software version which is a tricky part while implementing company-wide software upgrades. We faced issues a few times while doing so.

Darwin Reynell
Darwin Reynell
Líder de Proyectos in VS

Inventor is a very powerful 3d design tool. In comparison to Solidworks tool, it is friendlier.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The Mechanical Design is an iterative process with many interactive phases. You can improve the design and making it efficient. I think this software, Inventor, allows me as a mechanical engineer to apply my knowledge and do my work under a specific methodology that leads me to a quality design. It is a powerful mechanical design tool.

Have the opportunity to do each of the design of your pieces and then assemble them. It allows you to evaluate every detail in the design process. The 3D design allows you to be focused on what is really important, the design. Every year the tool innovates and introduces you to new functions that make your work a little easier. Once your designs are ready, you can use the 3D printer and manufacture a particular piece. So it allows you a quick "design-fabrication" process.

The more pieces you add to your assembly, the computer gets a little slow. In that sense, a large capacity team is required.

Gabriel
Gerente in Brazilië
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great for 3D modeling

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: In short, it's a great software for designers, it helped me a lot during college, and in professional life, attributing a lot to my logical reasoning

It is a practical software with the 3D functionalities that any designer would like to develop their projects. In particular, I like the 3D extrusions and finite element simulations that the software provides.

A single point to be desired would be the plotting of auxiliary planes, which often makes me confuse a type of plane with another type of plane different from the one I would like to use, or, sometimes, I cannot plot the plane correctly.

Tharindu
Student in Sri Lanka
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Usage of Inventor

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I can recommend that this the best software for designers to make their work easy.

As an engineering student this is very useful software to me in my designing projects.There are lot of features include with this software.Due to that we can get better outcome by using this software. Inventor has very friendly and smooth 3D interface as well.

The only problem that I can see in this software is it takes some considerable time to load.

Narasimhan (Nari)
Narasimhan (Nari)
Chemical Engineer in VS

Great design and 3D model generation software, especially for mechanical design

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: helped in easy creation of assemblies, bill of materials and ease of sharing professional looking layouts of plant design.

User Interface is quite easy to work with. I also like the button layout although i started as a new user. The tutorial tells you of what the command or button does when you hover your mouse arrow above it for a little bit. Usually it takes a second or two to appear. I had used this more while I was at penn state as a graduate student. At my current workplace I used a server version which was more complicated to use in terms of software accessibility but the commands and other things are same.

Occasionally it crashes or sort of freezes. This may have been a computer issue. The issue is with transferring files colleagues and have them continue the work. if the exact folder arrangement etc is not copied then some of the 3D parts show an error to be missing and the assembly rebuild is complicated.

Bouw, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Inventor

5,0 5 jaar geleden

What Inventor does extremely well is to create a clean space for very detailed assemblies to be shown very simply. In other words, it helps take the complex and break it down to where a manufacturer can get on board easily and quickly. I use it for my visualization projects because of the clean geometry it makes as opposed to other modeling software. It creates cleaner lightmaps for objects than many other programs and the built-in render engine is actually surprisingly good, negating the need to export and render elsewhere, saving time.

Some of the mouse controls are different than other Autodesk products, so if you're using muscle menmory, it can trip you up when switching to inventor for a little while until you get the hang of it.

Ayodeji
Ayodeji
Additive manufacturing in Nigeria
Machine- en installatiebouw, 2-10 werknemers

Fun and easy to learn engineering software for complex design

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used inventory for 5 years now, I use inventor to educate college students on engineering design for manufacturing.
I have had a lovely experience using inventor and I hope it continues to offer more features.

It's a perfect and easy to learn parametric design software for engineers. It has features which makes your work easy and fast. I like the contact center provided whicheans less modeling and gives you more knowledge of standard design for actual manufacturing for example you will be exposed to the types of fasteners and their use.

It's difficult to use in area where power supply is not regular because there is no recovery feature. Also, it slows down the system or crashes whenever you are working on an heavy assembly file.

Thomas
Teacher in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

The best engineering software out there

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Inventor with my students for modeling many different projects. Inventor allows us to quickly draft a model, create drawings and create assemblies all in a single program.

Students have no problem picking up difficult concepts in Inventor. It is easy to use if you haven't done engineering before.

The interface seems outdated. Certain menus seem like they haven't been changed in decades.

James
Project engineer in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great engineering CAD platform

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Used for 3D modeling and simulations of NPD products.

Has a great deal of value in using all inventor products. The PLM system integrated with engineer works great. Also the CFD simulations work excellent in this package.

Modeling in 3D deals just a little weird if you are used to Creo or solid works. Once you use it a lot it becomes much more intuitive.

Vitali
Engineer in VS
Machine- en installatiebouw, 10.000+ werknemers

One of the best

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I worked on NX, Catia, Solidworks, AutoCad- Inventor is my favorite CAD software.

Very friendly interface, real life looks, stable, capable for very large assembly. Excellent API and PLM. 3D PDF. I worked on NX, Catia, Solidworks, AutoCad- Inventor is my favorite CAD software.

Development for creating drawing is slow. (Like most software packages)