QuickBooks Desktop Pro reviews

4,3 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,9 /5

Over QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Boekhoudprogramma dat ondersteuning voor meerdere monitors en achterstallige stempels biedt door een verbeterde cashflow.

Meer informatie over QuickBooks Desktop Pro

1.278 reviews worden weergegeven

Minh L.
Controller
Filantropie
    4,5 /5
  • Beoordeeld op 26-5-2016

"Accounting made easy with Quickbooks Pro"

Pluspunten: QuickBooks Online Plus is highly recommended as the best online accounting software for small business. Quickbooks Pro increase accuracy of accounting information, doing tax return with ease and grow your business. QuickBooks Online is very easy to start. With more than 150 third-party developers, QuickBooks can help small businesses improve in customer relationship management, time tracking, payroll payment, tax forms, e-commerce, email marketing and more apps are developing.

Minpunten: I like the ability of customizing some features from Quickbooks, however, more improvements are needed:
- If I can import data from excel into the budget and actual report, it will be better. More customizable features for the budget and actual report.
- The integration transactions from bank into Quickbooks are very useful, however it needs to be improved. It not really matches with customized chart of accounts.

• Beoordeeld op 26-5-2016
Tracy M.
Controller
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018

"Quickbooks is the way to go!"

Opmerkingen: I manage multiple companies and all of them but one use the online version. For the one that does not pay for the monthly subscription, I use QB Desktop Pro. I love having the option and would recommend it to anyone starting out in a small business or tight on expenses. I would also recommend the desktop version if you do not have a lot of transactions going on. It is a great value overall.

Pluspunten: Quickbooks is user friendly and the easiest way to maintain your books for yourself, your clients, and your accountant.

Minpunten: It is slowly becoming antiquated with technology. If you can afford to do Quickbooks online; that is the way to go.

van Intuit op 17-9-2018

I'm delighted QuickBooks is delivering the feature-set you and your clients deserve, Tracy. They're lucky to have you, and we're proud to be backing you guys. With this said, we strive to deliver the most state-of-the-art software on the market, regardless of what versions you're using. For this reason, could you let me know what parts of the Pro software seem antiquated with technology ([email protected])?

That's my inbox, and I'd love to forward your comments to the developers directly. We roll out a new Desktop generation every single year (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1749284), and your suggestions are appreciated. We use your comments as inspiration for what's to come next, so thanks in advance for sharing the specifics.

Should you have any questions in the meantime, I encourage you to reach out to the product experts in our Community forum. This multi-function space hosts the article above, so post a question anytime!

• Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018
Melissa B.
Accounts
Milieudiensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-8-2018

"QUICKBOOKS PRO IS THE WAY TO GO"

Opmerkingen: It has made it a lot easier to keep track of the progress of the business. We can monitor the customers invoicing, their payments including methods of payments, dates of payments, as well as dates of services and what services were conducted with the codes that were readily available to be put to use. This is ultimately going to make the business a lot more valuable as we will be able to calculate the gross and net values produced by the business for any given season/month/year from now on; and when the time comes for retirement we will have a hard copy to show what the business is valued at.

Pluspunten: Setup is so easy and efficient. Once you have your account information entered you log in and you're set to begin entering your customers/vendors/accounts. As you create them it's simple to sync them and enter payments all within the ease of clicking a button.

Minpunten: The first time of backing up the system was a bit of a challenge as I couldn't find the file on my computer; however, I do believe that was a personal fault of mine and had nothing to do with the program itself.

van Intuit op 13-8-2018

Thanks a ton for taking the time to leave us your review, Melissa. Your comments are affirming to come across, as I loved reading QuickBooks is helping Lowers HVAC continue to grow. We're proud to be backing you and your team, and I know just where you can go should you ever have questions.

When you get a chance, explore our Community forum space a bit. This live Q&A space doubles as a troubleshooting library, and a perfect example of what you can find there is this article on system backups: community.intuit.com/articles/1436816. Even though I'm confident you're a pro at backups by now, the article above highlights what the Community has to offer.

Delighted we're doing our part to keep you on track. I'm wishing you continued business success, so when the time for retirement comes around, you'll have nothing to do but celebrate.

• Beoordeeld op 12-8-2018
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telecommunicatie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018

"We love it - when it works"

Opmerkingen: I personally did not choose this software and would readily change to another software if it was my choice.

Pluspunten: It's a real workhorse and it does everything that we need it to do in the realm of accounting and payroll for our small business.

Minpunten: Customer service is Very bad. We upgrade every year, but we spend at least 4 or 5 hours two or three times on the phone until they get it right. We have three user licenses and five computers (some users have laptops), and somehow the company file gets inaccessible and other problems keep returning. One person did something to one computer and it never worked right again, and they actually told us on the phone that they don't guarantee that what they do remotely isn't going to screw up the computer. We're in the middle of another "upgrade" right now, and again, they've managed to screw up the network. We host our company file on one computer, and all the other ones have to access it there, yet they installed the new software as "store file on this computer" for all of them yesterday. Today, we're on the phone (going on three hours) again, this time to undo all the screwups from yesterday. NOT pleased. Also, now we have to save the accountant file to media and hand deliver b/c the file is "too big" and the only way to solve that is to compress all the old data, which we need to be able to use frequently. Not happy with the customer service.

• Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018
Carolyn B.
Consultant
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-4-2017

"QuickBooks Pro Review for Small Business Owner"

Opmerkingen: I use QuickBooks Pro to manage my independent consulting company and selected the monthly subscription option. This has proven to be a very good decision for me, making what could be a very painful process much less onerous. When you initially log in, you are greeted with a home screen dashboard with the salient business points visually presented. The menu along the side is intuitive to use and most things are easy to find. Linking to my bank accounts was painless, and it's a one click update to get the latest transactions added for all of my accounts. My Accountant can log in with their own login (you can give up to 2 Accounting or Bookkeeping firms access) and work with my information in place. This makes my life easier so I don't have to export information and send it anywhere. I did have a struggle with the Taxes portion, I made an installment and when the transaction came in I was unable to figure out how to apply it to my Sales Tax report. Maybe I will figure it out, but it isn't a easy as other functionality has proven to be. Also, I have had issues getting cheques to print properly on my bank stock cheques, so I wish that was something that you could modify more (move fields around to actually match up with where they are on my cheque). Overall I am very happy with my choice, it is reasonably priced (about $ a month including all updates) and the functionality and ease of use have been great for someone who is not a financial expert (I'm an IT expert).

Pluspunten: Easy to link to bank accounts
Invoicing is quick
Can allow access to your Accountant or Bookkeeper
Love the Home Dashboard!

Minpunten: Taxes are tricky.
You can't have a separate area for your home budgeting/expenses, would need to have a separate license and login. - this would be nice to have.
Cheque layout can't be modified so I cannot use with my bank cheques (i.e. If I want to move address info up or down to match where it should actually print on my cheque).

Shannon A.
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-6-2019

"QuickBooks Desktop Review"

Opmerkingen: Some of the benefits that has helped is producing individual statements to send to out clients. This feature is nice since you can produce only a few statement at a time, since it may not be necessary to produce a whole batch at one time.

Pluspunten: I like how the reconcile feature works under the banking section. It allows the user to make changes by leaving the reconcile screen to make any changes within the QuickBooks program, and it still holds everything where you left off, which keeps the user from having to start over. Once complete, it creates the reconciliation detail report and a summary report, which is easy to print, or save in electronic file.

Minpunten: My biggest frustration is just learning how to use the software. Their is always a learning curve to learning a new software program. To help with learning QuickBooks, I took a class at a local community college to learn and understand how QuickBooks works. It is also helpful to have some accounting knowledge with learning QuickBooks.

van Intuit op 22-8-2019

No one wants to do the same work twice, so you can count on us to save your progress while reconciling, Shannon. There can be a bit of a learning curve with the software, but we're positive that you can master it. We also have some great resources to help you get there, like our Community space. Here you can find helpful articles and post questions which are answered by fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: community.intuit.com

Thanks for the amazing review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

• Beoordeeld op 12-6-2019
Genevieve C.
Bookkeeper
  • Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018

"Great accounting software"

Opmerkingen: The overall experience has been great. QB helps keep our financials well organized, and I would definitely recommend this software to anyone, small business or large.

Pluspunten: QB Desktop Pro is great accounting software for a small business. It is easy to navigate and there is no shortage of options to customize it to make it work just right for your business. If you ever want to know how to perform a certain task in QB, I've found that a quick Google search will yield very helpful results, and it always ends up being very easy and intuitive.

Minpunten: With my particular version (QB Desktop Pro 2017), the program crashes when switching between companies. You have to fully close out of one company, wait for the automatic backup to complete (if applicable), and only then enter your password for the next company and login. Even then it still sometimes closes out. If like me you only have two companies (or one!) and you rarely switch between them then it's not a big deal, but it would be very frustrating if you're switching between multiple companies many times a day.

van Intuit op 31-8-2018

I'll exhaust my resources to ensure you can seamlessly switch between companies, Genevieve. When it comes to crashes of any type, a great place to start is with this Community-hosted overview: community.intuit.com/articles/1460106. It tackles causes of a crash, as well as solutions.

While I always suggest making backups to safeguard against data loss (community.intuit.com/articles/1460106), I also encourage you to explore the Community space a bit more. Search for any specific error codes you may see before the system closes out, as this multi-function Q&A space is a comprehensive troubleshooting database with fixes penned by the engineers themselves.

Have a lovely weekend ahead, and keep up the great work at San Diego Vacation Rentals and Realty Consultants!

• Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Zandi C.
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-4-2017

"Quickbooks....I Use It To Run My Company."

Opmerkingen: Overall the best small business accounting software I have found. I would recommend it over all other products. I have used it for the past seven years and I do not hesitate to dump software that does not perform. I own and operate a smallish construction company and will likely someday need to step up to one of the big boy software packages, but until then, it serves me well.
You can get this accounting software to do just about anything you need it to with enough time and know how.

Pluspunten: The software is stable with very few glitches and crashes. I have never lost any significant amount of data in 7 years. It produces reports and printed materials that are widely accepted and you can get checks and other forms compatible with ease. It networks well and with a fair amount of simplicity even with several users. The Contractor Premier does a decent job of job costing if you set it up properly. You can customize all reports, invoices, statement, etc. to meet your needs and promote the branding of your company. Payroll add on service is excellent and has kept us dead on with all payroll related responsibilities.

Minpunten: You get out what you put in. As with all software, you must know what you are doing to operate it successfully. I am very computer savvy and have a lot of experience with the proficient use of multiple advanced software programs so I thought I could just open a file and get going. Nope. Quickbooks does not work well out of the box, you will need to invest some time in getting it set up for you and your business. The cost of upgrades is unavoidable so be ready. You will need to upgrade every year to get the software support from Intuit and every time you add a seat on your license. There is no way around it that works and I have tried. There are a million secondary dealers of quickbooks, so called quickbook professionals and they have been certified by Quickbooks to use their branding and resell the software program and related support services which make purchase and support confusing and sometimes dangerous.

Mike H.
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017

"Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization"

Opmerkingen: Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

Pluspunten: My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Minpunten: Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs.
You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees).
Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

• Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017
ASEA
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-3-2019

"Easiest accounting software I've used"

Pluspunten: I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Minpunten: The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

van Intuit op 7-3-2019

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done.

In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates.

In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Beoordeeld op 1-3-2019
Jillian C.
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

"Quickbooks Desktop Pro makes bookkeeping a cinch!"

Opmerkingen: I am winning at bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop Pro, what more can I say?

Pluspunten: Quickbooks Desktop Pro allows me to be a great bookkeeper! Isn't that worth it's monetary investment right there!? I am able to input bills/pay bills, deposits, bank reconciliations and run reports all in the same platform. I even order our checks through the software and it reminds me when we are getting low. Also, I love that I can set reminders for monthly tasks and bills that need to be taken care of without worrying about forgetting. It's tracking it all for me and I just take care of it when the reminder pops up. Now I don't have the bank account connected and that is a personal preference but it is an available feature and it has it's benefits. You can also complete invoicing and payroll through Quickbooks desktop but we already had other means to complete those tasks. I can't recommend it enough, you won't regret the investment.

Minpunten: The only con I have about Quickbooks Desktop Pro is that going from the online version and converting to desktop is not clean. I've yet to get an import that wasn't missing something. I hope this is something Intuit will improve on in the future. But if you don't have to go back and forth then it's not an issue. I only have one client that this a bother for, other than that I keep everything on the desktop version.

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Cathryn C.
Associate Director, Operations
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

"Excellent Accounting Software for Small Business!"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with QB is fantastic. I was lucky enough to have used it for many years and even learned to convert the Chart of Account structure in order to do business with the Government. Our control system plus the software enabled us to pass DCAA's accounting system audit to perform on CPFF contracts. We have also used data from QB and external reporting to submit Incurred Cost Submissions to varies Government agencies. Highly recommend to small businesses!

Pluspunten: I used this software for over 20 years with several small businesses. I've used it daily for many years for all accounting cycles, such as AP, AR, GL, bank reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. I love its flexibility (mistakes can be easily fixed), complexity (can even accommodate DCAA compliance), intuitiveness (to me at least), and many report functions including drill downs. It also works very well with ICAT, so that QB data can be used to calculate indirect cost rates.

Minpunten: Cons are very few. Because I haven't been a daily user for a few years, a couple of issues I remember are:
1. Interfacing with a 3rd party payroll seems to not work well, we ended up having to make a large summarizing journal entry (however, this is not an issue at the current company b/c payroll is handled by Intuit).
2. Too few characters are allowed in the PO and Invoice Number field. Our bookkeeper still currently have to be creative in order to have everything fit.

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Annette M.
Executive Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-10-2020

"QuickBooks for the Small Nonprofit Organization"

Opmerkingen: The program itself is excellent as seen from its popularity. My greatest need has been customer service technical support. I have been using QuickBooks for more than 20 years. Over this time I have been very happy with the improvement of their support. Depending on the level program chosen, there are varying degrees of support. I think this is the most important part of a program as complex as this. I am also very happy with the way payroll handles all the procedures automatically and that they build in the new legislation and regulations from all the states so the user is sure about what they are doing.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks has a sufficiently wide variety of products/service agreements to satisfy the needs of small nonprofits. I find that the service has improved greatly over the years. The customer service people are extremely able to solve problems or explain processes. Also, since the user can choose between accrual and cash based accounting, small organizations can choose the system the best satisfies their particular circumstances. The payroll package is separate, so the customer can choose whether or not to do their own payroll or have someone else do it. The payment of payroll taxes is well supported and easy to use.

Minpunten: Because this software is so professional, there can be a steep learning curve for those without accounting or bookkeeping experience. It would be advisable for the new user to become familiar with entry level bookkeeping at least. QuickBooks also recommends that new users locate a current user to serve as a mentor. There are specially trained users who serve this role.

• Beoordeeld op 9-10-2020
Michael M.
Owner sole proprietor
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-11-2020

"My 2nd Try At a Bookkeeping Software"

Opmerkingen: I didn't need a Bookkeeping program, I had a business account, deposited all my receipts from the business into that account. I paid all my business bills from that account. The BANK did my books! We moved back to Wisconsin in '98 where I had to collect sales tax. So I got a Bookkeeping program to keep track of my sales tax.

Pluspunten: It did what I needed it to do, kept track of my sales tax for the State and up to 8 Counties I serve. Due to it being installed on my desktop it was programed with the tax regulations for my state of Wisconsin. When it's time to file the sales tax you have to have the complete sales for the year and the complete sales number of non-taxable sales. QB Desktop Pro always had those numbers ready for me.

Minpunten: I had no one to teach me, I was figuring it out as I went along, so I didn't get some of the vendors put in correctly at first. I had to re-work parts of it for income tax time and I never did figure out how to connect my bank.

• Beoordeeld op 20-11-2020
Johnny H.
  • Beoordeeld op 14-5-2021

"Very Functional, but Complicated; With Irritating Pop Up Ads"

Opmerkingen: Overall it's positive, and the software is very powerful. Even after two years (and a degree is computer science), I am still learning things with it. The bank export to QuickBoosk import feature most banks offer has saved me many hours of time doing monthly accounting, that alone makes it work it. The pop up ads on start up (which slow down my PC even more than the software otherwise would) are very very frustrating.

Pluspunten: This software is very full featured. I use it for a few businesses; residential and storage unit rentals. The software has can do most everything that you would want it to do for this type of business. There's great features for setting up recurring invoices for tenants, generating all types of reports to track how your rentals are performing, and the PayRoll add on is very helpful for paying employees and dealing with quarterly and annual taxes. One very huge pro is that most banks allow you to export transactions from the bank website software into QuickBooks format, and then you can import them into QB. This saves me tons of time as I have many transactions related to the self storage business, and it makes monthly account reconciliation much much easier.

Minpunten: There's a steep learning curve here. Many of the features and options are not intuitive at all (ironic since the company that owns this software is named Intuit). I used simple spreadsheets before this, I'm very computer oriented, and I still don't use many of the features available in this software after a few years. I switched at the recommendation of my accountant, and a steep discount in my annual tax preparation costs. There's just so much to learn here! There are tons of web tutorials available to learn things, but you have to be aware of a feature in order to know that you can use it. If you have someone that can show you the ropes, or you're willing to dig in and learn, then I recommend this software. The only major complaint that I have about it is the pop up advertisements. When you start the software, you frequently get pop up ads. This is super irritating, and it doesn't seem to matter if you click the 'Don't show this again' button. I've already bought your software, STOP SPAMMING ME!

• Beoordeeld op 14-5-2021
Zoey S.
Business Manager
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

"A Reliable Program"

Opmerkingen: A good balanced program for accounting management. Also a program that can easily be accessed by accounting consultants.

Pluspunten: The desktop option offers a more comprehensive user experience and is set up differently from the online option which is worth the investment.

Minpunten: Switching from web based to the desktop pro program did require a learning curve during initial setup.

Senior Partner
Privé- en risicokapitaal, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-5-2021

"Not a simple tool to use"

Opmerkingen: we used QB in order to streamline our accounting and reduce our overall costs when managing our books etc. Based on the requirements of QB, it is far from being simple and easy, rather it becomes a full time job. What we ended up bringing inhouse to manage in order to streamline costs became tedious, expensive and required full time staff to manage. In a growing business, that can mean paying for a position that doesnt generate revenue. This software is more for a bigger SMB, not an entrepreneur who runs most of the things him/herself. We ended up giving up QB and hired bookkeepers which was cheaper than having a fulltime inhouse person manage the software

Pluspunten: It was a robust system, to which our subsidiaries only used a small percentage of the features.

Minpunten: Expensive, convoluted and requires a full time Bookkeeper internally to manage.

• Beoordeeld op 31-5-2021
James B.
Managing Director
Chemicaliën, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021

"Great tool for the small businesses"

Opmerkingen: I do not need to spend a lot of time preparing my books and my invoices. Also helps with the tax preparations at year end.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and one does not require knowledge as an accountant. The reports are set up already and easy use.

Minpunten: The program does not have add-on for time management and some tools for consultants. Some of the functions did take some training

• Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021
Timothy B.
CFM
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-9-2020

"Quirky but effective"

Opmerkingen: I am putting up with it since it is already payed for. This might work for most people and companies but I realized that I probabrally will just need to develop my own so that it can do all the things that I actually need it to do.

Pluspunten: The software integrates well with PayPal and can import all of my line transactions which is nice. There is basically a report for everything. I like how the software will not let you enter incorrect information (double-sided accounting entries must match).

Minpunten: The cost is expensive. Even more so if you want to be able to use the online version. The license will only let you use on one computer. It is customizable to a point but really doesn't allow me to do exactly what I need to easily. I always have to find work arounds. It takes forever to load and uses a lot of resources.

• Beoordeeld op 23-9-2020
Alan L.
Event coordinator
Horeca, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-10-2020

"The investment is worth the time and convience"

Opmerkingen: Regardless overall, as a small business owner or not the utilization of using QuickBooks especially for a financial software is very easy to use. It has all the basics pretty much could anything I need on it. I haven't had an issue with QuickBooks I just recommend certain things like higher security as such.

Pluspunten: The easy of use, not complicated at all to utilize. it's also good with third-party applications and integrations, makes it much more easier. Price wise it is affordable since I would say it's worth the money it's for. It also has a very large support Network. Personally best software to keep financial records, especially for small businesses

Minpunten: The security on it does lack, there isn't a two-step authentication. And there was a limitation to the number of products in the list especially for inventory purposes. There are also file size issues that need to be addressed, and personally I also believe there needs to be more utilization into e-commerce.

• Beoordeeld op 27-10-2020
Rhiannon N.
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2021

"Great product, support is lacking"

Opmerkingen: It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Pluspunten: Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn.
I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

Minpunten: The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.)
They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating.
The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive.
Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times.
The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it?
Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

• Beoordeeld op 7-1-2021
Gary D.
Finance Offier
Wijn en sterke drank, 2-10 werknemers

"Good, but..."

Opmerkingen: I have used QuickBooks for two decades and for eight years in my current position. It fully meets our needs for day to day accounting, preparing reports for our Board and for processing payroll. However, their support is very poor and reaching a human being is incredibly frustrating.

Pluspunten: QuickBooks Desktop is a powerful accounting package that offers good value for the cost. It has a lot of features that can address most of the needs of a small business.

Minpunten: QuickBooks will let an inexperienced user do just about anything they want which can result in a real mess if you're an accountant trying the prepare financial statements or tax returns. But with some training from an experienced accountant/user, a lot of the day to day accounting can be accomplished by a relatively inexperienced person. Some supervision is advised.

Chris D.
Bouw
  • Beoordeeld op 21-7-2016

"Great product from a satisfied user"

Pluspunten: Intuit is a proactive company and quickbooks desktop is a solid performer. Logic is fluid, able to customize fields for greater use in my industry, links to bank, professional documents for estimates, invoices, etc... Large selection of report templates and easy to customize.

Minpunten: I have been a loyal desktop user for years and in the past I was able to use my license on my tablet and smartphone which allowed me greater use while in front of prospects and customers. Inuit/Quickbooks then went to stand alone one time purchase desktop fee or monthly online/cloud based subscription. They are trying to force desktop users to monthly subscription since they limit functionality to force upgrade. Cost per year for desktop is starting to climb higher than monthly cloud based version. I also had used intuits credit card processing in the past but switched to square due to costs, intuit will break out net cost and credit card discount fee for bookkeeping on their product and not on other credit card transactions for processing. There are third party apps for that but with a monthly cost.

• Beoordeeld op 21-7-2016
Realtor
  • Beoordeeld op 20-6-2021

"Quickbooks Desktop Pro- A Powerful Accounting Software"

Opmerkingen: It provides the ability to easily customize customers' data, invoices, and reports. It integrates well with third-party applications. Exporting transactions from the bank and importing them into the software makes monthly reconciliation easy. Auditing the books is easy as there is a chronological tracking of transactions affecting each item. Whereas Quickbooks Desktop Pro is a powerful, affordable software with great features and is less costly to run, we had to switch to Quickbooks online which is cloud-based, has more automation and integrations with third-party applications. Quickbooks Online is also more user-friendly.
In my experience, choosing between Quickbooks Desktop Pro and Quickbooks Online is more about the organization's preferences and needs, and less about which one is better than the other.

Pluspunten: It is powerful accounting software that is ideal for well-established organizations that have been in business for a while. It is great for bookkeeping and very helpful when it comes to filing taxes at the end of the financial year. It does not require frequent upgrades unless there are changes that affect a specific feature. It is great for generating various reports, setting up recurring invoices, and processing payroll.

Minpunten: It has a steep learning curve in the initial stages and requires some accounting knowledge. It is locally installed, therefore, inaccessible while on the move, and if you choose to have it hosted virtually, that comes at an additional cost.
Customer support isn't as great as we expected and issues take very long to resolve.

• Beoordeeld op 20-6-2021
Maaya Y.
Payroll Coordinator
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-10-2020

"Advanced Accounting Software"

Pluspunten: As someone who used Quickbooks Online prior to using this version, Desktop Pro is definitely more advanced. It's user-friendly; however, it's a more established software so it's better for companies that's been open longer and has an accounting team. For startup businesses that's learning about accounting, I would recommend Quickbooks Online instead. If I were to compare this to photoshop softwares, it would be like Quickbooks Online is equivalent to Pixlr and Desktop Pro would be Adobe Photoshop. For companies with more than 50 people, I would highly recommend this software. It's a lot faster than QBO and more features.

Minpunten: There were some times where the serve had issues so we had to log out/in at the small business that I used to work at. But that happened every once in awhile.

• Beoordeeld op 8-10-2020