Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Lightworks

Film editing solution that can be used for video content enhancement by both movie industry experts and social media marketers.

Meer informatie over Lightworks

21 reviews worden weergegeven

Feldriana T.
ANALISTA MAYOR GESTION OPERACIONAL DIRECCION EJECUTIVA FAJA
  • Beoordeeld op 30-5-2018

"One of the best coincidences of my life, a comfortable and friendly software"

Opmerkingen: Lightworks was an excellent option to get started in the world of video editing; easy to use, excellent editing tools, cuts of videos, union of videos, sounds, images, compatibility with several video formats and a fresh and simple interface make me not to regret using this program. I recommend it a lot.

Pluspunten: Like the edition of images and photographs, I am also an enthusiast of video editing, and one day reviewing software through the network, I got this excellent program of video editing, which is shown as a starting point for all that enthusiast , that like me, we have been learning to use video editing programs on our own. Among the benefits of this program is its ability to edit videos and movies, with a tolerance level for several formats such as 2k, 4k, PAL, NTSC and high definition, making the user experience more rich and varied, as well as having an interface quite friendly and easy to use

Minpunten: While this program is quite successful in the world of film and some professional video editors, I think there is software to edit videos with higher quality and more innovative and elegant tools, however, this program is excellent for learning everything you need to know editing of videos and makes it a unique and quite useful software

• Beoordeeld op 30-5-2018
Lucas M.
Freelance Proofreader
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019

"A very able video editing tool, quite intuitive. Also has a free trial that can be renewed"

Opmerkingen: I am a big fan of beginner-friendly creative tools. Lightworks allows me to make short advertisement videos for my freelance business, even though I have no formal education in video edition. It also allows me to create and edit those videos on a computer that is not a high-end machine by any means. I usually export my short videos (with a length of up to 2 minutes) to a YouTube-usable format, H264-720p, with no issues and little wait

Pluspunten: I consider Lightworks' interface to be quite intuitive, as I required almost no time to get used to it. I usually have no issues importing images, audio or other clips to a video project. Exporting also usually goes smoothly. I happen to have other video editing softwares installed, but very rarely had the need to use anything other than Lightworks.

Minpunten: I have no complaints about Lightworks. Its frugal set of features - that for some other people could be a turn-off - was enough for the edition whole Hollywood movies such as Pulp Fiction and The Wolf of Wall Street, so a little getting used to it should go a long way, especially for most beginner video editors.

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019
James H.
Banker
Bankwezen, 10.001+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 22-1-2019

"Lightworks is a glitchy mess"

Pluspunten: The only thing I really liked is that its easy to use.

Minpunten: I hate this software, yes its easy to use but each time I am trying to edit my videos it keeps turning it green and corrupts the file. If I watch it on windows player there are no blackouts. overall I hated this software.

• Beoordeeld op 22-1-2019
Benu B.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018

"Lightworks is to video what Gimp is to photos - powerful and free"

Opmerkingen: Lightworks is free, capable, and flexible. For new editors, it's a good first step into the world of nonlinear editing, and it opens the door for Linux users to practice better digital creativity.

Pluspunten: Lightworks is a capable, flexible, and valuable video editor that almost anyone can learn. The workflow is adaptable to most project types, and the system requirements are easily achieved. Should a user require more advanced features, there is a "pro" version the company sells for a reasonable price, but this is optional. The fact that users can learn and evaluate the software, without spending a dime, is a huge plus. Lightworks is also one of the few capable editors that has Linux support, so that is a huge plus. More Linux support is always a good thing, and this software opens up lots of value to those users. Overall, Lightworks is to video editing as Gimp is to photo editing. Anyone can pick it up and learn for free, and it helps build creativity and technical skill for a diverse userbase.

Minpunten: The UI of Lightworks is archaic. This might seem like an arbitrary complaint, but for a video editing program the user needs clarity in what tools and windows are intended to do. Lightworks' iconography and relatively bright color scheme distracts from the work to be done. Also, Lightworks changes the mechanics of certain basic editing tasks, notably edit replace and ripple edit. My displeasure with the differences might just be my muscle memory from other programs, but these are fairly normal tasks that should be as easy/standard as possible. Perhaps for new users, there will not be much transition pain, but for seasoned editors, it may be a bother.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018
David C.
ceo
  • Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018

"Used it for short videos editing, and clips"

Pluspunten: I like the feeling ot this software and the way you can organize your desk. It's really a game changer ! You can focus only on your work and the way your cut should be without all the fancy buttons or timeline you find in other software. And the export, the first I find a software able to export a nice and neat video without spending hours with retries.

Minpunten: It can be difficult to adapt to the look and feel of Lightworks at first and the cuting philosophy behind the tool it's the same that "traditionnal" video editing software, be advised !

• Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018
Peter B.
Regional Supervisor
  • Beoordeeld op 3-5-2018

"Fantastic video editing software - no limits! "

Pluspunten: Lightworks takes the very complicated job of editing videos and makes it about as easy as it can be without sacrificing functionality. I tried several other packages and kept running into things they could not do. With Lightworks I had to work hard at researching and learning but I could always get the job done.

Minpunten: It's hard to come up with something bad to say. The learning curve is a bit steep but I would not want them to dumb it down in any way! I was unhappy with a lack of sync between the audio and video several times. It was all fine outside lightworks but when I imported it things got out of sync. I could fix it but I should not have had to.

• Beoordeeld op 3-5-2018
Kymahn C.
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-3-2020

"My Lightworks Review"

Opmerkingen: Try it now and thank me later!

Pluspunten: Lightworks!....IS to me a lifesaver and is the first video editing software I used to edit my videos and I could tell you that it does a Nice job!
I like how this app is easy to use-I only took me 5 minutes to know where everything is and what they do with out any help
Costumer service if fire(GOOD!)...I told them about my email problem and they sent me the email(AFTER I TOLD THEM ABOUT THE PROBLEM)3 minutes after!...Which is pretty quick!
Lightworks exports in HD 1080p and Higher Up to 4K!

Minpunten: It is a little problem when logging-in!..Not much but they took a whole 3 days to send a simple email I needed to log-in!

• Beoordeeld op 3-3-2020
Frank I.
Country Support Specialist
Marktonderzoek, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-1-2019

"My Review of Lightworks"

Pluspunten: I use the free version of Lightworks for creating tutorial videos, and in my usage it has proven to be a very reliable video editor; no crashes, easy to use (with a lot of video tutorials online to get you started), and features that you don’t normally find on a lot of free video software.

Minpunten: For the level of functionality it provides for free, I can’t complain.

• Beoordeeld op 26-1-2019
Alex S.
Six Flags Team Member
Entertainment
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2018

"Pretty good. Free editor for starting youtube videos."

Opmerkingen: If you're starting out on youtube and you want a good free editor, this is the one.

Pluspunten: There's a ton of effects you can put onto videos, and if that's not enough you can always download more from the site, and there's more than 100 there. There's a flexible and fixed gui setting, the flexible is better for small monitors, and the fixed for larger. It also allows 60fps rendering, which is something i've only seen in paid software.

Minpunten: Probably the fact that you can't upload in more than 720p if you don't pay, but that would probably be it for me.

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2018
Salvatore L.
Associate
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 15-4-2019

"Good to learn on"

Pluspunten: I like how this can be a powerful competitor for paid software. For someone learning about editing, this is an excellent / comparable suite vs premiere.

Minpunten: Perhaps because it is free, this software loses out on the refinement of the adobe competitor, which in turn makes it harder to master. It serves its purpose, but is far from easy.

• Beoordeeld op 15-4-2019
Student
E-learning, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019

"Lightworks for a student..."

Pluspunten: Now I'm an online student, and I'm not into video editing too much, but recently this past semester I have had to do presentations and group projects in the form of videos. This software has saved the day on many of those video presentation projects. Lightworks is easy to use from importing videos, cropping them, all the way to the upload to save onto my computer. It's been great! I especially love that I can zoom in super close to the time line of the project I'm working on, and whether it be the video or sound to cut, I can cut it EXACTLY where I want to because I was able to see it well.

Minpunten: The menu was difficult to find at first when it came to wanting to finish my project and upload it. I wish the menu was easier to find.

• Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019
Alyssa K.
Office Relations Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018

"Lightworks is a very flexible editor with great customization options."

Pluspunten: Lightworks is a very flexible editor. You can add custom effects, and really take control of different aspects of the video creation process.

Minpunten: The free version is nice but has several flaws. Random crashing, spotty performance, a steep learning curve...It's a powerful editor but needs to be refined a little bit more.

• Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018
Therapist
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-12-2018

"experience with lightworks"

Opmerkingen: pretty positive, nothing outstanding or special

Pluspunten: pretty straightforward, easy to use, relativelt uncomplicated

Minpunten: there were sometimes snags and complications

• Beoordeeld op 16-12-2018
Director of Enrollment Services
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019

"One of the best free options available, but suffers from a lack of options compared to some rivals"

Opmerkingen: Lightworks was a terrific entry point into Non-Linear Editing solutions for film. I found the workflow and interface intuitive. Ultimately, a lack of options compared to other free software, and especially restrictions on the resolution of a rendered project has led me to look elsewhere for my go-to video editing solution.

Pluspunten: I love that Lightworks is free, and I found the workflow appealing and fairly intuitive, especially compared to many other free video-editing software solutions.

Minpunten: I was annoyed by the difficulty in adding text, color-editing and other effects, and was most annoyed by the resolution restriction on file exports.

• Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019
Shreyas B.
CEO/Lead Programmer
Computergames, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 4-9-2018

"An amazing software to produce industry standard high quality videos."

Opmerkingen: in the big picture, it honestly is a great software for people looking to make YouTube videos or vlogs or short movies. It can definitely produce high quality stuff and you honestly don't need to learn a lot to use it. I mainly used it to edit my game play of the games I made in my company.

Pluspunten: The thing I liked the most about lightworks is the small learning curve. After playing around for a few days I had complete control of the application. I used it to edit youtube videos for my game dev and it didn't fail me. Even the free version is very good and can be used by anyone. For quick and precise editing, this software is probably the only one that comes to mind.

Minpunten: For people who might've been using Adobe's Premier, it may be a bit confusing at first, the keyboard keys but after a while it slides like a glove. Foe people looking to use the free version, the only downside might be that the max resolution produced is 720p but that's still pretty good too !

• Beoordeeld op 4-9-2018
Jason K.
Great video editor for smaller projects
Research, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-8-2019

"Great video editor for smaller projects"

Pluspunten: Generally easy to use when it came to importing clips and rendering quickly making it a good choice for smaller video editing tasks, especially if you dont have time for a steep learning curve.

Minpunten: This may be a good thing once you get used to it, but the concept behind organizing clips on the timeline is different to most non-linear editing software which cause some difficulties getting started.

• Beoordeeld op 10-8-2019
Kasey B.
Adjunct Professor of Political Science
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-5-2018

"Liked the product, but there was some issues "

Pluspunten: It was fairly easy to use, I was able to splice videos together and get some pretty nice transitions for the software. Conversion was pretty easy, and I was very happy with the layout and design.

Minpunten: The biggest issue I experienced was that it didn't work with 4k MTS files. This was after splicing and cutting videos I had into one file. It didn't import the audio. I learned from their forums that this file was too new and not incorporated yet. It kinda put me in a pinch to find something else to spice my videos...

• Beoordeeld op 1-5-2018
Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager
Voedselproductie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-7-2018

"Convenient and easy to use."

Pluspunten: The best thing about this software is the price tag, it's FREE! It's extremely powerful and I would happily pay for a product of this quality.

Minpunten: There are some functions that aren't consistent with other media editing software. Some of the functions aren't intuitive.

• Beoordeeld op 9-7-2018
Web Designer/Journalist
  • Beoordeeld op 31-7-2018

"A feature-rich clunky mess"

Pluspunten: Lightworks has an amazing assortment of video editing effects, from color correction to chroma key (which is rare with free video editors but slowly becoming more common). Lighworks is also free, though you can upgrade to the pro version and even get a keyboard that makes the process more smooth.

Minpunten: Lightworks has a user-interface reminiscent of the GIMP format (and even GIMP updated theirs to look better with the latest version). In other words, the nontraditional window-based interface makes a complex program even more complex to the casual user. There's a very steep learning curve.

• Beoordeeld op 31-7-2018
Photographer
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-10-2018

"Nice tool for short videos editing"

Pluspunten: You can make up a great video using this tool as it has hundreds of various video effects. Also, it's very good organized and functional.

Minpunten: It can be difficult to adapt to its look if you've been using Adobe's Premier before.

• Beoordeeld op 19-10-2018
Florencia S.
Gerente de Desarrollo
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2018

"It is very useful for creating short video clips!"

Pluspunten: This program has the main features that every video editing program. The function of cutting videos is really simple.

Minpunten: Sometimes it becomes somewhat unstable. Sometimes it has frozen and I had to finish homework. It is necessary to have professional knowledge.

• Beoordeeld op 11-5-2018