Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Shotcut

Open source-oplossing voor videobewerking in meerdere indelingen voor Windows, Mac en Linux. Ondersteunt webcam, scherm- en audio-opnames.

Meer informatie over Shotcut

The layout is also familiar. It's fairly easy to use, and it's free, so that's a major plus.

Beoordelingen van Shotcut

3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Shotcut heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 74 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Shotcut eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (74)

Géovanny
Géovanny
graphic designer in Kameroen
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Shotcut: a free and easy to use video editing software

5,0 vorig jaar

Shotcut is a free, open source video editing software that I use often. It has a user-friendly and customizable user interface that makes it easy to perform simple to advanced editing tasks. It offers many advanced features such as support for multiple file formats, the ability to add effects and transitions, as well as the ability to adjust playback speed and create slow motion or fast motion. In addition, it is cross-platform, which means that it can be used on Windows, Mac and Linux, and does not require powerful hardware configuration to work properly.

Despite its advantages, I have found that Shotcut can sometimes lack stability and crash when processing large files or long videos. It can also be difficult to use for beginners due to a fairly complex user interface and some advanced features that may require technical knowledge

Gerald
Creator in VS
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Fantastic Free Open Source Video Editor

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far I've had no problems with Shotcut. Since the amount of scene transitions is limited I find myself concentrating more on the quality of the scenes themselves instead of the transitions, which is a good thing. This program is perfect for those on a budget or for a beginner. If you can master Shotcut, you'll be in perfect shape to advance to a more expensive program later on. This will definitely teach you the basics for free before you decide to lay out your cash. All in all I'm very pleased with Shotcut, I highly recommend it.

You can't beat the price (Free!). This program gets the job done. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as expensive programs but it does plenty enough to do most basic projects. I've done numerous music videos and little comedy skits that I've uploaded to YouTube and they come out great. They look totally professional and the feedback I've gotten has been very positive. My action camera records in .mov format which is hard to edit with. I convert my raw files to .mp4 which makes editing much easier and I'm unable to discern any loss of video quality. All in all, Shotcut has been a great choice for me.

Some of the functions aren't intuitive. It takes a little while to figure out how everything works. Also it's slow while it publishes your final work but if you're patient it's well worth the wait to save money. It lacks a variety of scene transitions that more expensive programs have but it does have the basics.

Cristhian Josue
Cristhian Josue
CEO in Mexico
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Shotcut, a lightweight and useful cross-platform video editor

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Sometime I got to produce a visual series for an LP using this video editor, I was able to produce something visually appealing, but on occasions, I was limited by the features and tools of this software, Shotcut saved me when my PC couldn't handle powerful video editors and allowed me to design something that my clients ended up loving. Sometimes we don't need to invest much money to captivate our clients.

What I like about Shotcut is that it is free and very light, few video editors bet on a multiplatform network that permits us to continue our project on any operating system, and this is the most looking thing about this software. If what you're looking for is a video editor that leaves you to work on any PC, this is the right one, because just as you can work on a low-specs Windows, you can work on a Mac of previous generations.

This video editor looks and works like an early version of any top video editor, if you miss windows movie maker, Shotcut is that limited and basic software that for some reason you're looking for. The possibilities of making professional projects with this video editor are impossible, aspects like colorization or effects are so basic if not almost non-existent. If you have the possibility to install a heavier video editor there are free alternatives that would be more useful.

Roshen
CEO in VS
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers

Shotcut: The Free Editor You Have Been Missing Out On

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think Shotcut is a great free video editor that anyone can use after a little bit of practice and through some of my testing I found out that it can even process some raw 8K footage from a camera we rented.

What I liked most about the software was that it had the features of a professional video editor such as Adobe Premiere Pro. It could also process 4K HDR 10 video at 120FPS which other video editors struggled to render these types of video formats. My favorite part about it is that it doesn't have an ANNOYING WATERMARK. Basically some of the other editors I tried showed a giant watermark across the screen that said the company name or it said Free Version but Shotcut has no watermark.

Originally when my team picked this software for free I thought it was going to be easy to use but I thought wrong. But after a few days of learning I was using Shotcut in no time. I just think people should know that because it isn't easy to learn at the start doesn't mean you can't learn it.

Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers

Best things are free and Shotcut is one of them!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Shotcut worked for my set up without need of any hardware upgrade. It enhanced my knowledge about effects and transitions. I loved it!

The story of my video editing somewhat would not be without Shotcut. Before I could be able to purchase a better computer or even afford a NLE video editing software, Shotcut provided a platform where I could learn and do some simple editing tasks and play around with effects and transitions. The drag and drop feature felt much at home and makes the software very easy to use. This had to be just the best Software to introduce myself to Video editing. Very easy to learn!

It is quite basic but worth it all. However, some features or lack of them can be a bit frustrating such as having to search for the export formats for things like Facebook. Most video software would have this as export options included.

Founder in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Great video editing but a steep learning curve

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been used to doing "once and done" v instructional videos for a while now and that has worked well. When we decided we wanted to add more (graphics, multiple cameras, etc.) we began looking for a good yet inexpensive video editing software. Shotcut kept coming in near the top. It is not as user friendly as some yet it has enough features to do exactly what we need! I have had to do quite a bit of research on how to make Shotcut do what we need it to because the tutorials in the software are not user friendly. Overall it has been the best basic yet feature rich video editing software we have come across!

Shotcut is a great basic video editing software. For a basic user it is useful yet powerful. Using the basic setup I have been able to do all of the video editing of YouTube instructional videos without a hitch. It does not have an overabundance of features which is the best feature! It is not trying to do more than advertised.

There is a steep learning curve as tutorials are not as helpful as they could be. I found myself searching YouTube for tutorials and How-To videos every time I wanted to do something new.

Oscar
Director in Trinidad en Tobago
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

With great Respect

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Producing a movie on shotcut for the first time

I have tried many software over the yrs and found Shotcut to be reliable and stable to a professional standard

Text is to complicated and to me unnecessary so I don't use it.

Danielle
Danielle
Video Editor and Social Media Content Creator in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Get's the Job Done

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Shotcut was great for starting to teach myself video editing. I was looking for an economical tool but didn't dare to hope for free. Then, a colleague highly recommended Shotcut, and I was very grateful for it.

When I was just starting out in video editing, the best thing about Shotcut was that it was free while still having the capacity to produce the results I was after. You can find plenty of tutorials on the Shotcut site and more on YouTube to help you get started. It has handy keyboard shortcuts for the handful of basic functions that I used most often. Once you get into the habit of using them, they make editing quicker. If you take the time to watch some tutorials, practice, and explore the features you realize that Shotcut is quite robust and full of possibilities for amazing results. I have even used it to make clips from a podcast which I could export a MP3 audio files.

The text feature always seemed clunky and not intuitive to me. The interface does not have an option for organizing your media into folders - it's just one long Playlist. But you can drag files around in the Playlist and group them by by file type or some other way that makes sense to you.

Craige Hardel
Craige Hardel
Owner in Saint Lucia
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Awsome and well put togeether

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I used it for a couple of course videos and it handled well especially on linux. Surprised at what we were able to get and actually completely most of our workload on time

It's functional and does most of what you'd want from an editor. Cross platform as well

lack greenscreen functionality. Struggled with slightly more advanced edits

Gregg
Gregg
Executive Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Very good open source video editor

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was looking for a lightweight cross-platform video editing system for my laptop that could export easily to my more robust desktop editing platform and for basic edits and output for preview, and Shotcut will work well for this. I'm still undecided if it'll be a long term solution, but it is a surprisingly well thought out open source program that will fit many video editors' needs.

I'd like to start by saying Shotcut is a very good, multi-platform video editing solution. Even video editors with little to no experience will find the layout and usability of Shotcut to be appealing and usable. Import and organization of video files is straightforward and an array of basic editing tools will enable many users to complete high-quality video projects with little investment. Color grading and clip correction tools are surprisingly good for a free program. Another big plus is that it is lightweight, meaning it delivers a lot of power for a small program size and doesn't slow down real-time rendering trying to do too many other things.

Again, Shotcut is a very good video editing solution - up to a point. Once your project gets more complex, the clip organization, preview speed and ability to integrate pre-set transitions and titles falls a little short. It'll get the job done, but other tools offer a more robust option.

Alain Jove
Consultant in Filipijnen
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Unexpectedly packed with features

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, this is something that editors should consider before jumping into other options. Maximizing this software's features and learning it down to the letter is really worth it. And you'll be surprised with what this baby can do. I myself have underestimated this first and found loving it later on.

I find Shotcut very useful although it takes a little while to learn it by heart as it is a bit complicated. It's relatively simple, though looking at its interface if you're used to navigating video and even audio editors. Ironically it is complex as you have to select certain dropdowns to get to what you want to achieve, but I won't tag it as a con as we need to learn the software before saying that it's good or bad. You can't just dismiss a software and tag it as not user friendly just because you don't like how the interface looks. It's not the developer's fault that you're too lazy to learn it. So, the rewards are very satisfying because this software can process 4K videos. And unlike what most people say about it, this one is a professional tool if you just maximize all its feature. For instance, you can easily download LUTs that are free from third party sites, along with filters to spice up your video projects and use it here. I must add that the feature of chroma key is a gem from this software. I was even surprised it has this and it keys in the color like a charm, as it detects decently the edges and does very good blending of foreground and background. If you notice Youtubers nowadays, green screen usage has become a norm and this feature is a holy grail found in this video editing software.

I can only point two cons but I guess the crashy and laggy part sometimes when a lot of elements are stacked is due to my RAM and processor. I need to test it on a higher specs computer to be able to have a fair assessment. The second one is for some reason the text/ subtitle elements have a hard time lining up when you're doing adjustments on the timeline. I always make it a habit not to use undo because for some reason it executes two undo commands instead of one, and that's when I notice the text are messed up. Even if it's just one undo command or if you add other elements on the video fragment with the current text, it affects it.

General Manager in Angola
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

A Must Have For Amateur Video Editors

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A true delight if I have to be honest. It made the work so much better.

If the fact that Shoctut is open source (free) isn't enough for you to use it allow me to go deeper. Shotcut is a very simple and easy to use video editor. Before using more sophisticated software for video editing it was what helped me get familiar with a lot of concepts that were completely alien to me and it taught me how to use channels and separate audio from the video files and other useful things that looked too complicated to do in similar software. Usually when you open video editing software you're met with so many buttons and so much information that it gets scary to even try. Shotcut was what allowed me to start with its simple and minimalistic interface. You have all the necessary information and buttons to work with and if and only if you want to go deeper you'll have to face the more complex functions of the software. I think that my favorite thing about Shotcut is how easy it is to create proxies for heavy videos. Similar software requires an additional encoder when with Shotcut it's a simple 3-5 step process. It's a must for who is starting out and feels like the popular software is either too expensive or too overwhelming.

As you could probably expect Shotcut doesn't have some of the features of the higher end video editing software such as powerful color correction. Other than that I have no complaints. The software is really good and lightweight and even has a portable version.

Heather
Heather
Executive Assistant in VS
Muziek, 201-500 werknemers

Best Free Video Editor for the Beginner!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Wonderful! At times a bit frustrating with the lag and sometimes overwhelming with the amount of options, especially when you have no idea what you're doing. BUT! There are a ton of free videos and tutorials both on Shotcut's website, as well as YouTube tutorials from users, and they're fantastic. You can use them as a tutorial to learn the software and the feature you want to use, and keep them bookmarked for references. But I admit, the 4K export option (while it can take a LONG time, depending on the length of your video) makes it incredibly worthwhile, especially if your exporting in a format to upload to YouTube. Definitely recommend for the beginning video editor!

1) This software is free to use with no watermarks or weird annoying ads. 2) It's fantastic for the beginning video editor. 3) Works perfectly on a PC where as I think most of the better video editors have been designed for Macs (personal opinion) 4) Allows you export in a large number of different formats, including YouTube in 4K resolution 5) So many options and features, it's almost overwhelming! 6) Fantastic interface!

If you're running other programs or working on a very big project, this can eat up your computer memory, causing lagging and freezing. Highly recommended to close all other programs before opening up Shotcut and using a computer or laptop with a fast processor. You can make due without it, but once you add any transitions or layers, it'll start freezing. The preview feature so you can see what you've already done can also be a bit slow and glitchy... Imagine skipping one frame out of every three frames. However, it does NOT export this way. I have no experience with other video editors, so I'm not sure if that's a common theme among them.

Arturo
Arturo
Multi-Tasking in Mexico
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

The free video editor that everyone should try out

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Honestly to be free, this video editor makes you fulfill that dream of being a video editor for a major company or for some famous influencer, as it fully meets your expectations and can be somewhat confusing at first, but the truth is enough just to look at some video for beginners for this software, and you get used to the editor quickly, very satisfied and I see very few disadvantages to this software.

The advantages that this software has, are quite a few, since the more you go searching among the tools, the more you can get the most out of your video, I could consider it quite professional, since it has a very comfortable interface and you feel that you are doing a very good job for your personal projects and convert them even in studio quality videos, since when you finish your video, you can choose with any format for the type of social network to which you want to upload it. And all this for being free, I really highly recommend this video editor meets almost all your expectations, with settings to switch between the different layers you go making, your audio, video and photos. So you can give it an even more professional look.

It could be that there are many tools, which can get confusing and thus take you some time to get used to the software format, another could be that, as we are talking about a professional video editor, obviously, this application will consume a lot of your computer, so I do recommend having about 8 GB of RAM, a good processor and maybe a good graphic card, to be able to support this application, because if you don't have space in the RAM or you don't have a good processor, the application becomes somewhat slow and it could even stop and quit, so take into account to be able to save your work before.

Naveen
Associate Professor in India
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Elevate Your Video Editing Skills with Shotcut

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Shotcut's have the ability to handle many video formats and codecs, as well as it supports for 4K resolution and HDR video. It is a reliable and efficient tool for video editing, suitable for personal and professional use alike.

It is a free and open-source video editing software which allows users to create and edit the videos. It has a vast selection of video effects and filters that can be applied to videos. It also allows users to work with unlimited video and audio tracks, making it ideal for complex projects. It provides various export options for videos, including popular formats such as MP4, AVI, and MOV. There are many video editing features and it is regularly updated with new features and bug fixes to improve the user experience.

Shotcut has advanced video editing features, but its audio editing capabilities are somewhat limited. Shotcut does not support 360-degree video editing and 3D video editing. Storyboard view to plan is very much needed like other tools.

Nadeem
Nadeem
Owner in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Short Shotcut Review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have tried several other programs for my YouTube video editing, but I am now stuck onto Shotcut for all my stuff as it saves me precious time, compared to editing on other editing platforms.

For beginners-mid level pros, this program is super easy to get hands on experience of multiple video editing formats. The most prominent feature of Shotcut is the simplicity of use and a range of options available within the program to produce some real great end results. Highly recommended for YouTube video creators.

The main issue that I face during editing is with the video transitions. There seem to be plenty of options available to set the transitions, but I find them quite ineffective. Other comparable video editing programs have better transition features that show prominently in the edited videos.

Darren
Entrepreneur in Ierland
Bankwezen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Never ever use shotcut

1,0 9 maanden geleden

I loved how, even though I have a powerful laptop capable of running any program smoothly, if I do almost literally anything on shotcut I have to give it a couple of seconds to process. Dragging clips, cutting clips, etc etc., literally any BASIC function of a video editor I need to wait at least an extra second or two every time I essentially click anything on shotcut, so it's great for at least doubling the actual time it should take you to edit a video!I liked how sometimes when I dragged or tried to extend or shorten a clip or even A JPEG, not only would the editor sometimes lag, but just do something completely random with the file, like fully extend it over the entire video track and mess up all the other clips.My FAVOURITE thing about shotcut, has to be when you hit the undo button, you know, to undo the mistake you didn't do in the first place, and after waiting for about 5 working days for shotcut to process it, IT COMPLETELY REARANGES YOUR TIMELINE AND RUINS ALL THE WORK YOU'VE DONE. I'm not even doing anything remotely complicated either.

Nothing, didn't run into any problems at all.

Milo

Web developer in Nigeria
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy to use

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Its been really great, I've got no regrets using it

I like that shotcut is open source, meaning that it is free of charge. It is very beginner friendly and the user interface is quite simple and clean. I love that I can easily extract audios from videos using it

Shotcut is cool but It lacks the color correction feature.

Olivia
SRE in VK
Marktonderzoek, 11-50 werknemers

free video editing

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Simple to use, free video editing software which gives you great quality outputs, but may take a while to fully understand and learn the features available.

Shotcut has some great features and is quite simple to use, best of all you get all of this for free. I use it to create video montages from recordings of respondent interviews. It allows me to cut long videos, and group together multiple clips. It also has the option to add in many fade out / fade in options and effects. the options to export from he playlist or the timeline are very useful and the video outputs are high quality

I had to search online for a while to work out how to export individual clips rather than the whole timeline, it would have been preferable if this was clearer as when i first started using this software I wasted a lot of time. the software can also freeze occasionally, but this is somewhat to be expected with the sizes of the files used.

Chandra
Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great software for novice users

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Shotcut several times a week. it is my go to editing software for Youtube videos and tutorials

Multitrack editing and the dashboard is easy to navigate

Sometimes it gets a bit clunky/slow when there are lots of edits , high powered internet is citical to its performance

Sashana
Freelance Makeup Artist in Jamaica
Cosmetica, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great Video Editor!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Shotcut is a great video editor for anyone, especially persons who don't want to spend an arm and a leg on an editor. I would definitely recommend it.

This is a great video editor and it's free! I am a freelance makeup artist and I occasionally do tutorials on Instagram to promote my business. A friend of mine recommended I use Shotcut to edit my videos and I have not regretted taking her advice. Shotcut is a great video editor. It has all the basics for a video editor (cut, delete, overlay, text, zoom, etc.) and more. It has great features, a unique interface and definitely gets the job done to my satisfaction. I have not found myself spending any extra time editing than would normally be expected and only had a few hiccups. So, I would say it's pretty efficient.

Shotcut isn't the most user friendly video editor out there. While there are labels, I still found myself having to search thoroughly for the things I wanted to find and, at some points, I have had to consult Youtube videos for assistance. Also, the interface is really simple; simple to the point of looking bland, but this software definitely gets the job done. I would really love if there was a workable green screen option on Shotcut. This is a feature that I look for in video editors and while editing, I really missed it.

Syed
Senior Data Manager in VK
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Shotcut-'is a dynamic tool with lots of features to create professional videos'

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Shotcut is very good. You can be a dynamic creator with Shotcut. I would say I like to use this tool.

I am using Shotcut to edit videos and I absolutely enjoy it when I work with it. Video editing became very interesting because shotcut because the stock is full of lots of features. I like the fact that Shocut is an easy application to create stunning videos for various purposes. This tool allows the beginners to create the amazing design free and the resolution is very good. As much as you use it you can discover more about the tool.

I think to create a perfect video you need to go through the tutorials which is time-consuming. I also observed too much functionality sometimes confusing for beginners.

Kenneth
Kenneth
Graphic designer in Filipijnen
Grafisch ontwerp, 10.000+ werknemers

A great software to achieve quality video editing.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

The software is free and open source meaning there's a community always improving this software.The interface is professional looking and provides high quality videos upon exporting.it has a lot of features such as chroma key that make green screen editing accesible and more convenient.it simple and has a sleek design and is a very easy to use software.

I have never experienced any issues using this software whatsoever it runs smoothly on my pc and laptop and have never experience any inconvenience when using this software

Tabish
Electronics engineer in Saoedi-Arabië
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Best Free Video Editor that beats Primer pro

5,0 4 jaar geleden

-The Free and easy to use Ui helps a lot if you are student. Or any one which is just entering the digital video editing career.

- the ablitiy to edit 8k footage is still not available