OpenShot Video Editor reviews

4.3/5
  • Klantenservice
    4.1/5

Over OpenShot Video Editor

Open-source video editing solution that provides video transitions through watermarks, image overlays, title creation and more.

Meer informatie over OpenShot Video Editor

32 reviews worden weergegeven

Tomas G.
Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

"The Application for Beginners"

Opmerkingen: i usually record my trips and sport events, now with this tool i have a better product.

Pluspunten: i have ZERO previous experiencie with video editors, using this tool i feel like a master! now i feel proud of my skills

Minpunten: should has any kind of material, maybe some videos or documents so wen can expand our knowledge in the tool.

• Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Umair B.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 10-3-2020

"The best free and Open Source Video Editing Software"

Opmerkingen: Almost always I use OpenShot for my video editing projects. I record videos and then upload them to Social Media. So before uploading, I always edit the videos in OpenShot. I have also edited a lot of videos for my clients in this Software. So my overall experience with OpenShot is really awesome. Transitions and effects panels of this software are really awesome. Because I have applied transitions and effects to my videos using these two panels.

Pluspunten: You can download OpenShot for any Platform. No matter you are a Windows user, Linux user or Mac user. You can download and use this software Because it’s totally free and open-source. According to my point of view, OpenShot is the best free video editing software. You can easily import the project, then you can drag and drop the components in the timeline of your composition. Then you can apply stunning effects and transitions to your files.

Minpunten: According to my point of view, there should be more options for 3d editing. Or there should be some external plugins or modules that can be helpful for the 3d editing in OpenShot. All other things about this software are really Incredible.

• Beoordeeld op 10-3-2020
Sarada K.
Freelancer
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-3-2020

"The friendly video editing software "

Opmerkingen: Before finding this software I faced many problems using different video editing software. That software was more complicated and difficult to use. anyway, the outcome also not much good. But after finding this software I'm making high-quality videos without any difficulties with minimum time-consuming. I would like to say this is the best software for video editing because this is very friendly software anyone can use this with the minimal knowledge. The good thing is the best quality videos we can make within a minimum time period.

Pluspunten: The best thing about this software is easy to control or use. It means the way of using this software very much familiar to me. This is free software. Nowadays most of the peoples are using this software to make the videos. Especially, When they are making videos for the business promoting purpose. Personally I'm using this software to make the video clip by using the pictures. Then I can use the audio track also. Othe thing is I can insert the letters to my video, Finally I can make the subtitles also. I like this software and recently I installed the latest version of this software.

Minpunten: So far I don't have much problem during using of this software, But I think it is some difficulties I felt during the making of subtitles. It was a little bit of getting more time. Still, I'm also studying about this software. I think later on It will be ok for me.

• Beoordeeld op 8-3-2020
Sean U.
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019

"Free Open-Source Video Editor thats pretty good"

Opmerkingen: its been nice. Trying to dive in head first without tutorials or learning any tips and tricks was difficult. It's not as intuitive as many editors are but its a free open source software so...it is what it is.

Pluspunten: For someone who doesn't have an unending flow of cash. A free reliable video editor is a tough thing to find. Couple that with the fact that its open source, and ever improving. OpenShot is a great option for those on a strict budget. Other than the fact that its free, it does most everything you'd expect out of a video editor. Also with online tutorials, learning is easy and free as well!

Minpunten: obviously not as comprehensive as say Adobe Premiere. But unless you have an extra arm and a leg, that can break the bank easily. Especially with the way children these days are mesmerized by the thought of being a YouTuber, if you're a parent, OpenShot is a great alternative. Not as intuitive either...big turn off for video editing.

Emanuele B.
Mr
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019

"A useful tool for linux"

Opmerkingen: It's free and it provides basic useful functions to simple edit your videos, but don't push your requests too far...

Pluspunten: This software is free and is available for linux. You can learn quickly how to use it, as it's very intuitive. There are basic functions that let you edit your videos, merge, cut, and many other available operations

Minpunten: Beware, use only with short videos!
Every time I use this software with long videos (in my experience 5+ minutes) get ready for a frustrating experience with the timeline... it seems that the displayed time doesn't always correspond to the same frame...

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019
Jayla A.
Self Employed
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 23-3-2020

"App Is Amazing for YouTube!"

Opmerkingen: Nice movie maker, it reminds me of past Windows Movie Makers. I say some features should be updated once in a while but other than that I will keep using this app. Reminds me of Video Pad only better with rending videos.

Pluspunten: The software is best for cutting and editing videos for YouTube, has effects for transition and overlaps files easy without over heating. No watermarks and free! Very thankful this app is available!
Looks like a bad program at first glance but I'd give it a "open shot" Try it out! More people need to know about this program! I use this for YouTube videos when I need to make quick update videos.

Minpunten: Not a lot of features for music or free backgrounds but thats not an issue at all. I wish the looks was updated more to look less like early 2000s but the program is very useful.

• Beoordeeld op 23-3-2020
Product Marketing Manager
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-2-2020

"Its Free, Simple and Comprehensive"

Opmerkingen: I am majorly using micro user guides and it has been super effective. I started using this about 3 months ago and no major roadblock till now. It's great!

Pluspunten: I love the fact that Openshot can be used for free on any operating systems. I am using it on Linux. It serves multiple purposes. You can edit videos, add tracks, add transitions and export a High Quality Mp4 very easily. You can pretty much do everything a paid video editor allows.

Minpunten: So, when you are playing a video after adding your desired tracks and cropping the videos, the track stutters and looks low quality. However, once you export the video, it seems to be perfectly fine. I didn't realise that fact until I actually exported the video. Overall, it's a great tool.

• Beoordeeld op 5-2-2020
Strategic Account Manager
Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-2-2020

"can be used to multifarious purposes."

Opmerkingen: I am able to create micro user guides to send to clients. Product videos that can be added to the presentation decks.

Pluspunten: I recently started using this tool and I think its a great value addition. You can do multiple things like, cropping a video, adding sound track, converting to mp4. It serves a lot of purposes with absolutely no cost. Its supported on different operating systems, I am using it on Linux and Mac. Both are great. Love it.

Minpunten: Not sure if this is an OS issue but the video stutters sometimes while editing. The final output is still perfect though.

• Beoordeeld op 28-2-2020
Joysurjya H.
Content Manager
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019

"A Free Video Editor Which Beginners Can Start With"

Opmerkingen: This was the first the first video editor I ever used when I started work on presentations in college. It was free so really didn't have many options to begin with. The learning curve was almost non-existent hence I really got used to OpenShot for almost till the end of college. Overtime though as I gained knowledge and shifted to better sophisticated software, I started using it less and less. Overall as a starter software for budding video editors and content creators, it is a recommended choice.

Pluspunten: 1. A very easygoing user interface. The learning curve is not steep at all.
2. For a free tool, handles a variety of features quite well such as trimming, cutting, filters etc.
3. Is not very taxing on the system, so even a machine of decent specs can run this software.

Minpunten: 1. A high quality video edit can sometimes crash the software.
2. Adding too many filters also slows down the software.

James F.
Administrator
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-7-2019

"Decent, if basic option"

Opmerkingen: I don't use it that often, but If I did video editing regularly I would probably want something a bit more powerful.

Pluspunten: Fairly easy workflow when performing simple edits.

Minpunten: Limited functionality in terms of image manipulation, transitions etc.

Debjit B.
Freelancer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 28-11-2018

"Opensource video editor with cloud and api capability."

Opmerkingen: If you are experimenting and want a completely free/ open-source solution for your video editing solution this software is for you. I just update it to my KVM VPS and I have a cloud editor all by myself. The feature is simple, effects are not that impressive but it workes.

Pluspunten: This is the most awesome piece of software for videos editing. I just install it to a VM and use the app to convert/create/edit video using its api. Just awesome. I have also tried the desktop version with GT710 my entry level card and its output was smooth. Playback for 1080/30fps is just smooth and doesn't take many resources. As it is an Opensource and community-driven software I can use it for free and for anything. Some transactions effects and sound channels. It is still its first stage and evolving rapidly.

Minpunten: As it is an Open-source software I have to wait if got any problem or find my own solutions for it. The effects are limited due to no team is developing them.

• Beoordeeld op 28-11-2018
Michael T.
Network Administrator II
Telecommunicatie, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018

"Very video editor that doesn't cost an arm and a leg"

Opmerkingen: I use to use Openshot to edit my drone footage, and I still do from time to time. I have never had any issues with it, and it has always done the job excellently.

Pluspunten: Openshot is a free and open source software. It is maintained by a community of programmers that are very helpful in keeping it working and up to date. It has a wide range of transitions, and even has an add on for Firefox.

Minpunten: As with a lot of open source software Openshot can be buggy at times, and occasionally some of the features do not work as well as they do in paid software, but if you do run into any issues, there is a huge community of users to assist you with any issues.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018
Tyler T.
Youtuber
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 15-4-2018

"Good free video editor"

Opmerkingen: I can create videos in several different formats with very complex and intense audio added in. Openshot is perfect for a Youtuber on a budget.

Pluspunten: While Openshot is a good video editor in general my favorite feature is its powerful audio editing. When I need to create a video with an intense soundtrack Openshot is my go to editor.

Minpunten: While Openshot is a good editor it has a tendency to lag and can even get so bad while lagging that it will freeze and crash. This has cause me to move to other video editors, but I still use Openshot for the audio editor.

• Beoordeeld op 15-4-2018
Tajammal H.
Web Owner
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018

"OpenShot Video Editor - An open source video editor with powerful functions"

Opmerkingen: I have been edited many videos with OpenShot software very easily. I like it.

Pluspunten: OpenShot is a free, easy to use and open source software for video editing. It has a user frinedly interface. The main window lets you access all video editing features, preview your work and access the timeline. It is available for Linux, Windows, and Mac. It also provide free built in effects and animations for your clips to make beautiful. It also have great 3D title generating support.

Minpunten: 3D animation generating feature is not a built-in feature. You must have to install "Blender" software to generate 3D animation titles.

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Jason H.
Writer/developer
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-6-2019

"Open Shot is a fantastic free video editor"

Opmerkingen: As someone who was used to using Microsoft's Movie Maker, I was initially reluctant to start using a more complex video editor. At first, the interface was overwhelming, but in no time I knew my way around and was editing videos. Now that I know how to use it, I find it to be an excellent, powerful, and feature-rich editor. The fact that it's free is a bonus, and the fact that it runs on Linux and Windows makes it easy for me to switch between my many workstations.

Pluspunten: The interface, while initially daunting, is functional and useful once you know your way around. Everything is laid out in a logical way to make it as easy as possible for new users.

Minpunten: The version that comes with Linux Mint does not include support for WMA files. A manual upgrade is necessary if you use that format.

• Beoordeeld op 3-6-2019
Linos S.
Academic
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019

"Fast, fully customizable, but with a slightly steep learning curve"

Opmerkingen: I've used OpenShot Video Editor in the past. At first, I preferred simpler applications, but once I had to make a half-hour project from more than 5 hours of audio and multi-cam video footage, I had to go for something more serious. Because I had to customize OpenShot Video Editor to my needs for said project, now I only use this, even for the simplest task.

Pluspunten: OpenShot Video Editor is probably the most powerful video editor and exported one can use on Fedora Linux. Anything and everything can be added to it's collection, from basic color correction to fully custom transitions, and there is a big community that shares their own. Rendering can be done in virtually every format and file type. Do not let the zero price fool you; this is a tool for professionals.

Minpunten: Although it is really ease to use once its fully customized, customization itself can be somewhat hard. But otherwise, it wouldn't be possible to be that powerful. For a more simple experience, one can use other applications which are made for that purpose, but don't dwell into professional video editing.

• Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019
Ana M.
Administrator
Groothandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-7-2018

"Easy and efficient video editor for home users and micro/small business"

Opmerkingen: It is good enough for our professional and personal youtube channels and simple not so demanding professional video presentations.

Pluspunten: OpenShot is free and open source video editor. It has a lot of features and the best one, by my humble opinion, is audio editing and audio options that are available to anyone that is interested to learn and make something more.

Minpunten: It knows sometimes to lag, or to freeze for few minutes and then just crash. Fortunately, it's not so often.

• Beoordeeld op 22-7-2018
Jermaine l P.
Business Owner
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-3-2019

"Great Video Editing and its Free"

Opmerkingen: I was working on creating some online business videos and the software is very capable of doing that

Pluspunten: I like the variety of effect and transitions that were provided with the software. I have used other programs in the past and they did not nowhere near as many effects and transistions.

Minpunten: I could not read the descriptions at the bottom of the screen, it could be placed better. I could not see the clips button to see the additional features

• Beoordeeld op 4-3-2019
Santhosh R.
Test Engineer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

"Simple to edit video...."

Pluspunten: OpenShot is an easy way to edit own Videos & with a simple UI.
OpenShot is good features like crop, Slow Motion, 3D Animations & Good animation effects for videos

Minpunten: Some time I observed that hanged while editing.

Isaac D.
Youtuber
Computergames, 51-200 werknemers

"Laggy Beyond Use"

Opmerkingen: I hate this thing so much that I would highly recommend to NEVER use it. Ive wasted way too much of my time on this just for it to come out as crap or don't come out at all.

Pluspunten: Easy to use
Great for Beginners
Fun
Better than Others

Minpunten: Awful Compatibility
Videos come out with broken audio
Videos sometimes don't come out at all, bye bye 1 hour of work.
ONLY accepts mp4 nothing else
Glitchy as fuck
Laggy Beyond Use
Crashes 5 times per video

Phaneendra A.
Senior Engineer
Computernetwerken, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019

"open source video editor with decent feature set and format support"

Pluspunten: Open shot is completely opensource application available for free. I have used to convert old video files to latest formats and was impressed by the quality of conversion with no loss of quality for reduced file size. There were stability issues in the early releases of the application, which were resolved later using custom developed software libraries.

Minpunten: openshot application is resource hungry while in use. Also since the application is not optimized for different hardware configurations the performance will vary on older and newer systems

• Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019

Opmerkingen: It's free.
It does what I need.
It's staying installed.

Pluspunten: It does everything I (a not really advanced user) needs

Minpunten: It did crash a couple of times. I can't comment on the speed of rendering, but seems fair enough to me.

• Beoordeeld op 12-10-2018
Steve E.
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-7-2019

"Feature full & free!"

Opmerkingen: Since Microsoft is not providing Movie Maker any longer I’ve had to find a new easy video editor. OpenShot is a great alternative that will probably we even better. I am looking forward to making new YouTube videos and videos for my students.

Pluspunten: Free
Easy to use
Tons of features
Thoughtful user interface

Minpunten: Haven’t found any yet! The creator has put out several instructional videos that cover most questions a user would have.

• Beoordeeld op 1-7-2019
Editor y Camarógrafo
  • Beoordeeld op 30-6-2018

"A free option for video editing, It works but it is a litle bit unstable."

Opmerkingen: I can workmy videos with a low budget

Pluspunten: It is a free and open-source video editor! I was looking for a cheap option of video editing software to work in my house with my laptop.

Minpunten: It can be laggie from time to time, the in build transitions are a bit amateur but it does the work required.

• Beoordeeld op 30-6-2018
Executive Producer
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-7-2019

"Free, does most things, great for quick videos"

Pluspunten: Great for throwing some clips together with transitions. Quick exports and small file sizes. I dig it

Minpunten: I wouldn't recommend this for larger scale projects or movie making or any of that. Keyframes behave oddly at times.