Smooth and simplistic, suitable best reliable digital signage application around.

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2018
Rafiu A.
Owner/Entrepreneur
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Simple manage digital uploads over multiple screens. The application offers various digital extension uploads for display across multiple digital screens. Capability to manage each individual display via a central hub; permitting users to control upload and display content from none local source. And offers excellent customer support with regards to technical concerns. Issues requiring attention are immediately addressed by chat or phone less 24 hours or reporting. Also, love the time/scheduling feature; allows the user to schedule signage display time/date/source of content, permitting the user to set automation into effect. Finally, enjoyed the built-in capability to design and edit images/videos for upload permitting user creativity.

Minpunten: Price per display I believe could (should) be lowered. Though as a first-time user, you're permitted access to the features, free of no charge for the first 7 days access. This can be a hassle for business owners lacking funds to budget this expense but would like to implement a digital touch to his/her business. Also, not too pleased that the displays relay heavily on internet access. For someone running a business from a mobile setting, this can be costly. The individual would have to invest in additional services such as a mobile hot-spot in order to take advantage of such a useful tool.

Performs well but lacks features

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019
James P.
Technology Chairman
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are using digital signage as a Bulletin Board for our members. The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an organization for Americans of Irish ancestry. Membership, notices, activities and our event calendar are all displayed on the system. Multiple users, easy of use and content availability were all important issues in picking a digital signage system.

Pluspunten: Optisigns performs as advertised with a very user friendly interface. I was able to get my screen up and running in a matter of 10 minutes. There are some minor issues with some the apps you can add to your signs but nothing to prevent a decent digital sign system.

Minpunten: The biggest weakness is the lack of apps for your screens. In the end, we decided to use ScreenCloud because of the wealth of apps compared to Optisigns. Frankly, the services are almost identical in layout and use. The major exceptions are the greater number of apps with ScreenCloud and the availability of the preview function for apps in ScreenCloud. More apps allows for easier generation of new content for the user and keeps the signs current with less work. Both services need to expand the use of transitions between each piece of content and the appearance of white screens between some apps.

Best bang for your buck!

Beoordeeld op 25-6-2019
Jessica W.
Marketing Manager
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: So far, it's been pretty great overall! It does what we need it to do for now and it's the best bang for your buck.

Pluspunten: I love that I can pre-schedule something to play on the TVs and that I can just drag and drop content onto individual TVs. We have multiple locations and multiple TVs per location, and it was pretty easy to label each TV on the back-end.

Minpunten: The back-end side where you get to upload content is a bit confusing (at least to me). I wasn't sure if I needed a schedule, a playlist, or an asset (or a combination of all 3!) and I had to change it on the TV settings as well as the actual playlist itself before it would work. It's also a bit clunky to have to download a separate app to get the optisigns app to start without having someone turn on the TV, use the fire stick to select the app. It would be great if it could auto-open the OptiSigns app when the TV turns on so we don't need to have multiple remotes out as we have multiple TVs in multiple stores.

So easy!

Laurie K.
Director of Communications
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Digital signage in a reception area and advertisements for events.

Pluspunten: I loved how quick it was to set up. I am not as techs as others on my crew and I was able to set it up with ease and have had zero issues. It also didn’t require a particular device to use and was good for the cost.

Minpunten: Just one issue with the Instagram portion of the app, it scrolls so fast you aren’t able to read the captions. We contacted support for help. That one feature hasn’t been of us to us yet.

Good software but could definitely be improved.

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019
Lee N.
Company Director
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It does the job well, easy slides on a normal tv screen. It's reliable and doesn't glitch at all. You do need a decent internet connection of course but good that you can make changes remotely​ if only you could preview the playlist on your own computer - then it would​ be better still.

Pluspunten: It's easy to set up. We use an Amazon firestick and the Optisigns app runs smoothly. The social media feeds work well and reliably. We mainly use a Google Slides presentation, which also works well. There are a couple of nice touches, like the ability to import a local weather forecast.

Minpunten: There is no obvious ability to preview the sign on your own computer or in the browser which means you have to refresh through the screen every time you make a change and then sit around watching the screen until you get to the bit you want to change to ensure everything has worked as you intended​ it to. Although​ it was better value than alternatives, it still seems fairly expensive for what it is.

Excellent display signage software!

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018
Yessenia S.
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall it is a great cheap digital signage software. I am really satisfied with it.

Pluspunten: It is a really nice display signage program. We have been using it for a while in our business. We just downloaded the app on our amazon firestick and created the slideshow on the computer and it remotely transmits. Creating the slideshows are really easy, and it is simple to understand.

Minpunten: Not really a con, but sometimes connectivity issues can freeze the slide or log you out of the app.

Easy Digital Signage

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2019
Mike D.
IT Specialist
Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been extremely satisfying. I no longer have to upload and modify the playlists of our digital signage. It literally took less than 15 minutes to train our 3 branch admins on creating and modifying the playlists. We just ordered 6 more firesticks and will be bringing them online as soon as they are delivered. If you aren't using Optisigns you should be.

Pluspunten: I was using a free digital signage solution that was a support nightmare. Started looking for a better way and found Optisigns, and I am glad I did. The setup of the Firesticks and publishing my forms and documents could not be any easier. We are getting ready to add 6 more screens in our three locations. We had some issues with getting Instagram and Twitter feeds going. One email to support and issue was resolved very fast.

Minpunten: I can't think of any cons to this software.

I have downloaded the their APK on multiple screens for last couple of months

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2018
Namrata B.
Design Coordinator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: helped us to be more interactive with our menu changes.

Pluspunten: Ease to use. It took me 5 mins to launch my menu templates for my stores. Good offers compared to its peers. I have both Android and Amazon FireTV Sticks.

Minpunten: Lacking of social media features like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram which I want to connect to engage our followers and friends to recommend our menu to others.

School Kiosk

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019
Kim B.
HR Manager
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Not so simple to understand at first but customer support was very helpful in a quick response format.

Pluspunten: User friendly, basic functionality is free

Minpunten: Lack of compatibility with software products, like iMovie, Power Point, etc. So display abilities are limited.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Voev op 30-1-2019

Hi Kim,
Thank you for your kind review & feedback.
We do support PowerPoint, a how to article here:

We also support iMovie, you just need to export the movie to .MP4 file here's how:

Great value and easy to implement

Gary T.
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software package performed well. It was very responsive and would work even if the Internet connection to the signboard client hardware was interrupted.

Pluspunten: I was researching multiple companies offering video signboard products and services for a non-profit I volunteer. Many of them only offer a bundled package of hardware and services on a subscription basis. OptiSigns not only allows you the freedom to provide your own hardware (Amazon Fire or Raspberry Pi and your own flat panel TV) they also offer a discount for non-profits. I found it simple to implement and maintain remotely.

Minpunten: I wish OptiSigns supported more apps as plug-ins to their signboard software.

Worth it for the money

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2019
Seth C.
Sales Manager
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: If you're looking for a digital signage solution that's not as expensive as the rest, this is it. Very limited on features and very basic interface. But if that's what you're wanting, that's what this is! I have several screens up and am adding more. The few issues I have had have been immediately resolved by customer service which has been more than great! It hasn't crashed during display and has done it's job reliably.

Pluspunten: Price for what you get. About 1/2 the cost of other platforms.

Minpunten: Very basic interface, not a lot of screen options.

Excellent Product/Service

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019
Victoria G.
NA
Religieuze instellingen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Excellent software. I have noticed a renewed interest in many of the projects that had been started but was losing its drive. People are drawn to the production I created with OptiSigns and are asking questions about the projects. It has been amazing. I love OptiSigns!

Pluspunten: This software was extremely user-friendly. I had my advertisement up and running very quickly and easily.

Minpunten: I cannot think of anything that I did not like about this software. From start to finish, it was easy and very helpful.

Optisigns lags behind competition

Beoordeeld op 1-10-2019
Andrew G.
Corporate intern
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Pluspunten: -cloud based management
-customer support team is responsive and helpful
-fire stick is easy to source and cheap

Minpunten: -cannot manage content effectively: need ability to group players
-very simplistic: no ability for custom widgets; no integration with RSS feeds, Tableau, or Power BI
-in net present value terms, Optisigns was our companies 3rd option

Simple and affordable

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2019
Raina H.
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Right now I am testing it and really like it.

Pluspunten: First of all the price is great! I was also impressed with customer service. I called and no once answered, I received a call back within 10 minutes and he was able to help me with all my issues. It's a nice simple program.

Minpunten: Haven't found anything I really dislike yet. Could have a little more explanation on getting started.

A flexible front

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2018
Michael E.
Small Business Owner
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I actually kind of like this program, but you need to com3e into it with the right expectations. This software is NOT like ScreenCloud or other programs. It is a simple front for what looks like Google Sign Builder that offers some expanded features that Google doesn’t include. This is not a condemnation of the system, but it is something to be aware of. They offer a generous trial period, and contact you during the trial to ensure you don’t need assistance. It’s flexibility is both a strength and weakness. This is not like other full-featured systems that provide templates, plug-ins, and software to sit directly on your screen. Instead, they provide a simple, powerful interface to upload and display your own custom assets. This is both a blessing and a curse, depending on your skill level and your comfort with creating assets.

Pluspunten: The flexibility of file types, and the ease of scheduling.

Minpunten: Seems like a front for Google Sign Builder.

Great way to use an Amazon Fire Stick to control monitors

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Layne L.
Sr. Territory Account Executive
Publiceren, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I think the experience has been good with a few bumps. We have an admin for every dept, so we've all had to learn the program.

Pluspunten: I like that the program uses the Amazon Fire Stick with the TVs we use in the office as monitors. I can see how this could be especially helpful for businesses to create customized menus that can change regularly.

Minpunten: It took me a while to figure out the set up and configure each monitor. There has been some things I haven't been able to figure out yet, but they may be related to issues on our end. I wish that when you linked a gif, it would expand to fill the monitor, right now it shows in a tile on the center. I've also had some issues with adding Youtube videos where the page with the video comes up but doesn't play the video, and then another video will work.

Great for in house marketing

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019
Tyler B.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am very happy with Optisigns. It has allowed me to create better relationships with my clients and allow me to get to the next level in my business.

Pluspunten: Great value for the money. This software has allowed me to help several of my restaurant clients improve their in house marketing with promoting their events and specials effectively.

Minpunten: Just a few minor issues have been a bit of a pain. Sometimes the software will kick off on some of the Tvs or not load up and it has to be rebooted. Not sure if an Amazon Firestick issue or if it is part of the optisigns software.

Easy to install, easy to use, excellent quality

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018
Sonia E.
Tech Support
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am able to show the menu on the restaurant area.

Pluspunten: It is pretty easy to use. I had no problems with the installation, it was simple. When uploading the images for the sign was fast and the quality of the image remained the same. I love that I can setup a sign schedule for the day.

Minpunten: The least thing I liked it was that some files I was not able to upload them because they were to heavy, and I had to modify the size of the files. I was not able to view some clips (video files in mp4 and other formats) I was only able to view jpg or png files.

Easy to Use Tool

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2019
Maggie P.
Coordinator
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is easy to setup and use. We can keep information current and add and remove things quickly. Other programs I looked at had a very in depth setup process that made it cumbersome to make changes. The drag and drop feature is awesome, as is the ability to load schedules so I can plan ahead and not have to be in it daily.

Minpunten: I wish there were more apps already pre-loaded. It would be nice to have more options with the speed controls, but it just takes some tweaking to get where we needed.

Amazing Customer Service & Tutorials

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019
Saundra B.
Content Creation Specialist
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was impressed for the reasons above and we will keep OptiSigns on our minds as we choose a digital sign software.

Pluspunten: The customer service for OptiSigns is fast and reliable. I had several questions throughout my trial with OptiSigns and I heard back from them within a day. OptiSigns is growing in features! The tutorials are helpful - providing pages with the most frequently asked questions with helpful pictures.

Minpunten: OptiSigns is still growing with some of their features, such as scheduling content (vs. playlists) and there is a load time for certain apps. However, they are working to improve these things and they are rolling out new features frequently from what I see.

Optisigns Review

Carmela K.
Marketing
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience was a good one. Seriously, thanks to the rep for being so patient.

Pluspunten: Customer Service was awesome and VERY helpful. The rep got back to me super quick too.
Once you get the different pages down and the correct sizing of each screen its pretty simple to use

Minpunten: Trying to learn the technology and the correct sizing was a little hard, but the help we got for it made up for the cons. Ithink you could make the sizing screens a little easier to read, even when sending correct measurements.

Great price and not bloated

Beoordeeld op 27-3-2019
Brian E.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are reviewing systems to replace our current one. OptiSigns looks to be a much lower cost alternative to our current solution.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use and not bloated with tons of useless features.

Minpunten: A little too simplistic. It needs a bit more customization (not much, just a bit).

Great service

Alec G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to use, affordable, always stable and works great

Minpunten: Nothing. It was easy to set up and use.

GOOD PRODUCT. JUST DIDN'T FEED OUR NEEDS

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2019
PARTS MANAGER
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good product. Just need more apps and to be more user friendly.

Pluspunten: Great Price.
Quick sign up.
Free Trial

Minpunten: Not a lot of apps
A bit complicated for average user. (I have a degree in computer software management and i found it time consuming)

Turned my TV into Digital Signage

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019
Renee T.
Principal
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I enjoyed my free trial, and I intend to purchase the software in the future.

Pluspunten: I really enjoyed how easy this was to set up.

Minpunten: There was a slight learning curve to it, and I figured it out by trial and error.