R.O. Writer reviews

3,8 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,5 /5

Over R.O. Writer

R.O. Writer Shop Management Software helpt autogarages en bandenwinkels slimmer en sneller te werken.

Meer informatie over R.O. Writer

58 reviews worden weergegeven

Erich M.
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019

"Great system for the European repair industry"

Pluspunten: I pushed for RO Writer when we decided to open our own shop due to the great experience I had at another shop. The system is well built and is VERY customizable so we can build it more to our everyday use. I like the fact that is integrates World Pac as that is our main parts source. My partners have only been working with the system for a few days and already love the overall simplicity of it and how relatively intuitive it is. The scheduler is another great feature so we are able to see what we have at a glance. We also like the training that comes along with getting the program as they make sure that you understand the basics of the system and provide plenty of guidance time and time for any questions. Customer support has been great so far and sales was a great experience as we were only sold what we were looking for and did not feel pressured to get anything we didn't need.

Minpunten: The only real issue we have at the moment with RO Writer is the accounting software integration is provided by a third-party vendor. This requires an additional up front cost and then a monthly fee thereafter so RO Writer can integrate with Quickbooks. It would be nice if RO Writer would offer this integration with the system rather than having a third party vendor, but at the same time RO Writer makes a great product.

• Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019
Kevin P.
  • Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019

"RO Writer 2019 Gen 2 Migration"

Opmerkingen: My workflow has improved significantly since the migration / upgrade. My employees are using the software far more effectively. We even took advantage of training that RO Writer offers and it has been a breath of fresh air for us. In conclusion, I had issues with my previous set up, RO Writer made promises that If i upgraded to Generation 2, a lot of my issues would be eliminated. I appreciate that they were right and that they made it incredibly easy.

Pluspunten: 1. Had problems with querying data (IE History) Was told that this issue would go away if I migrated to Generation 2. I was skeptical. RO Writer was absolutely correct. Looking up info is now incredibly fast thanks to the SQL Server back end.
2. Sales, Install and Training called me WHEN they said they would and everything worked around my schedule, couldn't have asked for it to go better. The team was fantastic.
3. I have several different POS systems. RO Writer is my favorite when it comes to ease of use, hands down.

Minpunten: I honestly don't have any cons to list here. I am upset that I didn't migrate to Generation 2 sooner.

• Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Dean S.
All Positions at all times
  • Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019

"Was decent, then bad, then abysmal"

Opmerkingen: 9 years of honeymoon promises, updates, new sales reps, always promises and no delivery. For the last 5 years I averaged over 20 hours per both on tech support calls. That should say enough right there.

Pluspunten: Details. You want reports, you got ‘em.

Minpunten: Almost everything else.
Just gets worse with each iteration.

• Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Keith A.
Service Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

"RO Writer easy to use"

Opmerkingen: The day to day use of RO Writer has become a natural part of our days.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use, integrates with Quickbooks, easy to make labor lines to suite customer complaints, very customizable, has a DVI system that allows techs to attach pictures to RO.; allows text communications between service writers and tech which increase efficiencies. Has text capabilities from Service writer to customer and allows customer to text back for increased approval times; etc.

Minpunten: It is not designed to manage a large inventory (works great on a small inventory)

• Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
Larry C.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-8-2018

"RO Writer seen its beter days"

Opmerkingen: It brought me to a new level of business understanding, I have simply out grown this program

Pluspunten: It worked great for years, definately contributed to the growth of my biusiness. Once you use it it has some good logic and flow. It was a definate improvement over what i came from.

Minpunten: SUIPPORT, SUPPORT, SUPPORT, to much down time waiting on support. when there is a windows update it kills your license, not everytime and not on every computer. Database corruption wore us out. Spent thousands of dollars in hardware improvement only to find out it was a software issue.

• Beoordeeld op 8-8-2018
Paul V.
IT
  • Beoordeeld op 5-5-2017

"BAD TECH SUPPORT"

Pluspunten: Good, but uninspired program. Decently easy to learn. Does everything we need it to. Better than paper system we had previously.

Minpunten: Tech support. There are other issues, but the tech support is very bad. Don't get me wrong. The tech support isn't so completely horrible that you will be forced to switch to a different program. It's just good enough that you will probably stay using their program because you don't want to go through with retraining your technofeeb employees on a new system. Let me elaborate on how bad they are:
No online knowledgebase.
No user forum
No email blasts on known issues occurring
Calls to tech support have approximately 20% chance of being kicked out of the queue and hung up on because nobody picked up the phone after 5 minutes of waiting.
Calls to tech support have a >25% chance of not returning your call. Yes, I really am saying they sometimes do not call me back. Frequency of failure does increase as the severity of the problem decreases. In other words, they've always called me back on critical issues. But on very minor issues, they've failed as much as half the time to call me back.
Calls to tech support rarely reach someone who can fix your problem. They almost always have to call you back.
Tech support consistently and repeatedly fails to return your system environment back to it's original configuration after remotely logging in. For example: regedit is often left running and UAC is never turned back on before they log out of your system.
The second worst problem is lack of user input. There are several areas in the program that work...but require many extra steps that could be reduced with minor coding additions.

• Beoordeeld op 5-5-2017
  • Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018

"Great program to organize repair orders for Auto Business"

Opmerkingen: Helpful in organizing all aspects of automotive database.

Pluspunten: Easy to input information into the system. Keeps customer database and inventory organized. Easy to check customer's history on vehicles

Minpunten: RO Writer is not always easy to navigate. It took some time to learn. Sometimes has glitches, however Customer Service is available to assist.

• Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018
Jarrod E.
  • Beoordeeld op 2-6-2020

"Legacy Automotive"

Opmerkingen: A C has been fantastic. He made the switch over process seamless. Software is doing exactly what we want and look forward to future updates.

Pluspunten: Simple to use. If you can read it's self explanatory.

Minpunten: Almost too basic in some areas. Example: maybe a more modern look instead of blocky 2000s era software.

• Beoordeeld op 2-6-2020
Mike G.
  • Beoordeeld op 9-3-2019

"Customer supportless for hard problems"

Opmerkingen: Sad

Pluspunten: Had it a long time got used to it hard to quit now

Minpunten: Not intuitive expensive heaven help you if you run into problems

• Beoordeeld op 9-3-2019
Terrie W.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

"Gone but not forgotten"

Opmerkingen: I rarely give negative reviews, but since Capterra keeps prompting me to review RO Writer, here we go! We enjoyed our relationship with RO Writer for many years and truly hated that we had to leave. The deciding factor for us was their refusal to go cloud-based. We have frequent power outages in Florida, and being 'tied to a computer' was affecting us adversely.

Pluspunten: ROW has always been very easy to use. It served us well for over 20 years.

Minpunten: Customer support has become slower over the past few years, which caused time delays for our shop.

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020
Raakesh P.
  • Beoordeeld op 21-9-2018

"An Awesome Shop Management Program"

Opmerkingen: The Support team at RO Writer are awesome. CSR respond to all our issues in a prompt manner. The Level 1 and 2 support staff can fix any issues we have in the same day. It happens on all software packages these days.

Pluspunten: What we like about RO Writer is the ease of use and the ability to navigate through the Software. It is very user friendly even for new users. The Accounting side of RO Writer is a must for shops looking to increase their profitability, knowing where the Margins are is very important. Our CPA recommends it also as it is very powerful in that feature. The Support team is awesome.

Minpunten: Speed issues, but we are on an older version and soon moving to the newer 2.3 version. Sometimes the older version will run sluggish but our database has grown leaps and bounds over the last few years.

• Beoordeeld op 21-9-2018
Gene R.
PRESIDENT/OWNER
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019

"Ransomware Killed Me"

Opmerkingen: Thank You R O WRITER for working hard to get us going and doing a GREAT JOB.

Pluspunten: I thought I lost everything on a Friday afternoon. Went out and bought a New Server and one Workstation. Called R O Writer and was up and running on Monday,
without losing anything except one day of work. Found out by R O WRITER, after software was installed that the Backup that CARFAX does every night had all of the DATA I needed to get back up and running. I thought that weekend I wad Dead in The Water.

Minpunten: Not being able to set software to back up Automatically. Other than not having this on my version of R O WRITER, I believe it is a Great Software for Vehicle repair.

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019
J.t. M.
IT Manager/Shop Manager
51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019

"Excellent Shop Mansgement Software"

Pluspunten: We have been using ROWriter software for over 18 years. We currently have 10 shops and a central office using the software. The software is easy to use and to train employees on. It is a real asset to our shops. We also like the recent tablet extension to make ROWriter mobile in our shops. With all of the features available in ROWriter, this is the best shop management software you can buy. Support has also been really good over the years.

Minpunten: Would like to see more detail in the Central History between shops like parts supplier and parts invoice numbers.

• Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019
Al O.
  • Beoordeeld op 1-12-2018

"Welcome to the 21st Century, with R O Writer"

Opmerkingen: The fast R O Writer make my shop, the happier I am. Keep improving, please.

Pluspunten: Been a customer with two locations since 1999. This program is the back bone to my biz. You guys have made some major changes to your new 2.0 update and R O Touch. It fells like the Giant has awoken. Good job. Love your team of professionals. AC is a Rock Star! The support staff "gets it done" Another satisfied customer.

Minpunten: Follow up when calling in and leaving messages in timely order could use improvement. It's tough to have to call you back to find out when someone will fix problem.

• Beoordeeld op 1-12-2018
Aaron C.
  • Beoordeeld op 5-3-2019

"Long Time RO Writer User"

Opmerkingen: The seem to have much better Regional, Field and Phone Support. That is a huge help. ---Thank you

Pluspunten: It is user friendly. and has great support. Our Regional and Field Manager has taken the time to make sure that we are aware of all the new features that RO Writer has to offer. We have stayed with RO Writer through thick and thin and very happy that we did. They are adding some really neat features that are taking our shops to new levels.

Minpunten: No cons at this time, they seem to be handling any issues that I have had in years past.

• Beoordeeld op 5-3-2019
Shawn F.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

"Ro writer covers all your needs"

Opmerkingen: I have used it for 5 years in both of my shops. As an owner I have the data I need even if I'm not at the shop. It has streamlined our flow 10 fold. Love it. Highly recommend it.

Pluspunten: Reports are plentiful, repair orders are easy to read, ease of use, and has more than you will use for a shop. Easy to open and process repair orders. Ro touch is the bomb. Awesome product

Minpunten: Theres a lot of stuff to use. But sometimes it just takes time to decide wHt u need to use cor your situation to run your shop profitable and productive

• Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018
Mickey N.
51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018

"User friendly program!! Long time user of RO Writer"

Opmerkingen: My sales and support reps are great and are ready to offer any advice or guidance needed to continue to improve our experience with RO Writer.

Pluspunten: Very user friendly and great customer support- New user can use this software almost immediately without too many obstacles. Great and almost seamless integration to QuickBooks!!!!!

Minpunten: Some of the more technical parts of the program are not as easy to navigate through but with research through online help and training, etc. -It is a great program for any repair shop.

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Al H.
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018

"its been the best software we have used"

Opmerkingen: i think its getting better every day. I think its still the best point of sale software out there. I dont think there is the perfect system.

Pluspunten: easy estimating at All three of our locations. I really like the new updates with the new version. Another thing i like is the the new smart status on ro touch.

Minpunten: it locks up at times, and i"m sure its probably something we did wrong along the way. The system gets better every day. I think this system is going to be awesome, once all the bugs are worked out.

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Bryant B.
OWNER
  • Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019

"THE BEST SOFTWARE EVER!"

Opmerkingen: TIME IS MONEY AND MONEY IS TIME! IF YOU WANT THE TWO WORKING TOGETHER GO WITH R.O. WRITER.

Pluspunten: MOST EFFICIENT AND EASY TO USE. EASY ACCESS TO ALL APPLICATIONS ON THIS SOFTWARE FROM CREDIT CARD MACHINE TO QUICK BOOK FINANCES , PROFIT AND LOSS STATEMENTS , CAR FAXES, ALL LINES TO PART SUPPLIERS TO DEALERSHIPS.

Minpunten: LITTLE PRICEY FOR SMALL SHOPS BUT STILL WORTH THE VALUE. COULD BE FASTER SERVICE ON RETURN CALLS BUT THE PEOPLE THAT HANDLE THE CALLS ARE VERY EFFICIENT.

Joe S.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2018

"Excellent & professional!"

Opmerkingen: From the sales rep Stan helping me out multiple times from one business to another and A.C. Moore being very active in making sure I was taken care of . Two thumbs up and will recommend this to any other shop

Pluspunten: User friendly I can almost do anything from selling parts or looking at my inventory this is a go to for any shop

Minpunten: Needs more advertising for sure this will get better in time I’m sure . As for the accounting this isn’t very user friendly even after the training

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2018
Jo T.
Vice President
  • Beoordeeld op 27-9-2018

"Efficient & effective automotive repair software"

Pluspunten: I like the speed with which I am able to determine availability for products and create repair order estimates. Find quite accurate.

Minpunten: At times will ask questions like 4wd vs 2wd, automatic vs standard shift but then will display both options on parts screen even after I have narrowed down the search.
I dislike that you have to get out of an estimate for any other work in rowriter- example I am estimating brakes on customers vehicle when receive call from another customer for an appointment- have to exit estimate in order to set appointment in scheduler- I am constantly having to go back into or restart estimates.
Also would like to be able to look at part pictures from the ro once on a ticket- with current system have to go back into smart jobs if I would like to reference picture again.

• Beoordeeld op 27-9-2018
Steve B.
  • Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019

"Exactly the way I Imagined it could be."

Opmerkingen: This software is great, gone are the days of stacks of papers, and techs not knowing what to do next.

Pluspunten: RO Writer is the ideal way to manage your shop. Seamlessly integrates with VirtualVehicle, and Quickbooks.

Minpunten: There are a lot of moving parts of this software, and its a little hard to learn but when you get the proper training from the RO Writer Team, its incredibly powerful.

Dot K.
Sec.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2018

"Very helpful"

Opmerkingen: Very easy system to use. When you call rep she take care of you and gives you to the right people to call.

Pluspunten: I really like using RO writer. It is very user friendly. I would recommend this system to customers and family and friends.

Minpunten: The only thing I have a con is with inventory. The reports for inventory does not work since the RO has been updated. It dup. parts number on reports.

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2018
John M.
  • Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019

"Best Automotive repair shop software, Hands down."

Opmerkingen: Super fast and easy to build RO's and estimates. Lots of good reports.
Would recommend to everyone in the Automotive repair field.

Pluspunten: 1. Super easy to use.
2. Accounting link is the best.
3. Takes two minutes to build an estimate.
4. My sales rep is awesome [AC Chauhan]

Minpunten: None at this time. RO Writer ROCKS. Have had two other software companies, None compares to RO Writer.

• Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019
Gary F.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-10-2018

"12 Years with RO Writer"

Pluspunten: This product makes us money. Not only in grosses on sales, but on efficiencies. It makes ordering part very easy and you can compare competitors pricing.

Minpunten: Hard to learn, but the best product once you do learn it. The system does lock up from time to time, but easy to restart. Sometimes takes quite a while to get through to customer support.

• Beoordeeld op 11-10-2018