User friendly course management option

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019
Melissa M.
Senior Assistant Director, Indiana Recruitment and Outreach
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used Canvas successfully both as a course management system for my class (I am a college professor) and also for training modules for professional positions. I have found Canvas to be a simplified way to organize information that is easy to update.

Pluspunten: This software makes course management easy. I have used Canvas both for academic course offerings as a college professor and also for training modules within a professional position. Canvas allows you to easily organize content, upload files, video and videos and link to external content. It's easy to create quizzes and exams and many custom options area available. It's easy to set due dates and to track who is logging in and how long they are spending on material. You can also conduct discussions and peer reviews. Due dates and easy to set and the gradebook is easy to utilize.

Minpunten: It can be hard to create things that are visually appealing if you aren't a course designer with code knowledge. Setting up a course or training module takes considerable time (but that is to be expected). You have to use the product for a while to truly understand the functionality and how to make it work bestfor you.

Well Organized for student use

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019
Karen L.
Student
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Canvas has the most useful feature for students because the app shows the most recent courses, to-do assignment lists, notification of assignment due date and inbox tab which allows the student to send email to both instructor and classmates.

Minpunten: Although Canvas has all the well organized feature, the app would not automatically show the current quarter/ semester courses when the courses were registered. The app would only show the most recent courses if the courses had been selected. It's a bit inconvenient because students would need to make this change at the beginning of each quarter/ semester.

Canvas Use at Small Private College

Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019
Adjunct Faculty
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Canvas has a variety of features which aid in teaching, grading, and attendance. The ability to create test questions is very intuitive, not to mention it will grade objective questions for you! This saved me hours of grading on tests. For papers you can restrict the file types that are submitted which reduces the headache of trying to open various file types which may not be compatible with your word processor.

Minpunten: There is a bit of a learning curve for some of the more advanced features, but that is to be expected for any software. For grading papers, I wish that the program worked more like the review function for MS Word. It is not as intuitive and in my experience did not allow for as much editing as I would have liked.

Canvas is Excellent!

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018
Christopher P.
Assistant Professor
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Canvas is fantastic and very flexible--though this often puts pressure on me, as a professor, to put extra time into designing the site (often time I don't have).

Pluspunten: Canvas is far easier to use than its competitors. It is fairly intuitive and attractive. I don't teach remote courses at present, but its format works very well as a supplement to classroom work.

Minpunten: It can be draining to set up assignments in Canvas, especially when one is (as I am) teaching multiple iterations of the same class. While it is possible to import assignments from one class to another, this is often a draining and confusing process and I ordinarily opt for simply re-creating the same assignment two or three times.

Canvas is very helpful to students

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2019
Alyson G.
Student
Wetshandhaving, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I have used canvas through my school for a long time. It is very easily accessible and also has many widgets for the screen on androids. I personally use the to-do widget because it is a really easy way to see what is coming up to do. I do not have to open the app just to see what is due.

Minpunten: There is nothing I can think of that I dislike.

Overall experience has bee very good, response times from staff are good with great follow through.

Amy T.
Diergeneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Individuality and a team that can consistently help with issues, planning, managing and designing our site and posts.

Pluspunten: The individuality of it, the ability to constantly change, adapt and upgrade our site. The pop up box calling out a special or event on the home page.

Minpunten: Somethings that I would like to be able to change/update myself on certain pages seem complicated even after viewing the "help" on them and I am worried that I will mess that page of the site up and not be able to undo it.

A solid platform for online student education

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2018
Marketing Manager, Communications & Content
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The UI is fairly simple and easy to understand. There is also a lot of customization available to instructors.

Minpunten: While there is lots of customization available to instructors, it also means that there can be a lack of standardization...so it may be easy to find things for one class but not for another

Canvas for online students

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2019
Buyer
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I used Canvas as an online student. It was fairly simple to access and use. Intuitive and allowed sufficient space to write and upload documents.

Minpunten: I don't have much to say here. Hard to know if it was the software or nuances of the professor.

Canvas looks great and has a lot of different options and features

Matt G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Options and features- there are a lot of customizable options available to make the look and feel inline with what is needed. Things can be changes out quickly and easily.

Minpunten: Trying to make changes on our own to the backend can be cumbersome at times, but I've dealt with platforms that are much more cumbersome. Administrators help a lot with any changes needed or requested

Effective LMS for Teaching

Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is a great LMS , with a great design/layout, a variety of features, and truly capitalizes on the collaborative aspect. This is truly geared toward k-12 education and is an effective choice to schools.

Pluspunten: The customization features. Canvas does a nice job allowing users various options in order to customize their classes to their needs. You can pretty much arrange your course and materials any way you want. I like that small group feature to build collaboration and open dialogue. This is great when doing socratic seminars, online discussions in modules, jig saw or fishbowl activities in the classroom, etc. Plus, it affords you an opportunity to send materials discreetly to specific groups of students. Great for personalizing instruction. Canvas also allows for embedding of various third party applications. Great way to tie everything into one place.

Minpunten: I love the ability to gamify learning modules for students or integrate self-paced learning. This is missing with Canvas. The ability to set completion settings or award badges who add another element to the platform. that is missing currently.

User Friendly

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Nicolas H.
Distance Education Instructional Coordinator
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I've used canvas both as a student and instructor , I like that is user friendly , very straight forward in creating lessons and assessment. The ability to import content from other LMS such as Blackboard and Moodle is a big advantage . I think it would be a smooth transfer for those who want to switch .

Minpunten: As in every technology, errors and technical difficulties emerge , so it is advisable to have an IT skilled available to resolve and technical issue with CANVAS

Easy to use

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018
Lacey B.
Director of Marketing
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Provided to us by our website designers - not involved in the decision to use
User friendly
Easy to add pictures

Minpunten: Provided to us by our website designers - not involved in the decision to use
Slow to publish updates
Blocks not easy to maniupalte

Canvas was a tough go

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Casey P.
instructor
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Well, it enables me to teach on line. My school uses it. And, maybe it was instructor, who said early on that the beauty of online education was the student could teach themselves...and that's how it was here. I was basically left to figure everything out on Canvas myself...and there's an enormous amount to figure out. I kept having to go to the Canvas online support site...and never found anything there to help me. Could either not find anything at all related to what I was looking for, or found the wrong thing. YouTube was a lot more help that Canvas itself.

Pluspunten: It's ability to lay out everything for students

Minpunten: Difficulty in use. Impossiblity to find help on line from the canvas help sight

A great tool for class grades and communication management

Beoordeeld op 18-10-2018
Graduate Research Scientist
Hoger onderwijs, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very pleasant upgrade from the previous online class management software.

Pluspunten: Its very cross platform friendly. I could easily enter grades and communicate on both my phone and tablet.

Minpunten: Poor excel integration. The software cannot import data from excel into its database effectively.

The experience so far has been quite remarkable. The ease of working with the company pressure free

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018
Elliott O.
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helps us market ourselves in an efficient and professional manner.

Pluspunten: What I most like about the software is its navigability. I want any prospective patient to work easily with our company.

Minpunten: There is nothing at all that is not likable. If I had to choose one thin it might be the fact that there is nobody physically in our area. That has not been a problem however.

Excellent solution for online distance learning

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2019
Fernando S.
Support Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Canvas is a great to for distance learning students. It presents a beautiful interface, interesting features for students and a friendly usability.

Minpunten: It takes some time to get used to the location of the features.

Like the website as done overall

Lene B.
Office mgr

Opmerkingen: web presence

Pluspunten: It produced a nice website it produced a nice website it produced a nice website

Minpunten: I haven't been able to do ANYTHING myself. I have to contact THEM to even add a photo. Cannot find a decent tutorial even.

Useful service to manage courses

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019
Edward A.
Business Development Representative
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Canvas makes easy to manage course and provides an easy way to have an overview of grades

Minpunten: The mobile app is a bit confusing, it cold have a cleaner design

Canvas Review

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Scott M.
Chief Marketing Officer
Horeca, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I found quite useful to manage activities and courses with Canvas

Minpunten: I didn’t find an easy way to set up open discussion for courses – could be a nice add on

Great app and software

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2018
Business Owner
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I liked the software overall. I didn’t have to learn much to use it so it’s very user friendly and fast.

Pluspunten: I think canvas because it as easy to use as any collage app and a small professional as photoshop. I used to have to take 2 hours out of my day to create a simple but creative flyer for my events, but with canvas I create flyers fast and effective. The easy Drag and Drop function helps soooo much. They easy to use layout/template can be customized and best of all its free if you don’t require upgrades. I use it once or twice a month so the free option is within my budget.

Minpunten: I suppose my only con is the upgraded part. But this software really works well. It’s effective and useful. I couldn’t t find the undo function but maybe that’s in upgrade.

Mostly easy for me to make changes, support is great if I need assistance!

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018
Michael G.
Diergeneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A website that is attractive and relatively easy to update.

Pluspunten: Ease of use - for most of what I want to do on the site, I'm able to accomplish in a fairly efficient manner. Technical support has been great for when I'm not able to be successful on my own.

Minpunten: I feel that the interface could be slightly more intuitive. I'm fairly computer savvy, but some of the flow to update to our website seems awkward.

One of the Best free software for Design

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2019
Stergios C.
Student At University
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Canva have saved me a lot of times when i needed to work for my designs in social media and general. It is free and have a good amount of free options that are very useful.

Minpunten: Some of the extra's are quiet expensive for my opinion but you can do your job without them.

I'm pretty new to Canvas, but so far so good!

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018
Angie B.
Vet Assistant
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: After a brief tutorial, seems pretty easy to use. I love how I am able to edit photos right in the software!

Minpunten: It did take a brief tutorial to learn how to upload files/pictures and how to edit photos. Not quite as easy as just playing around with the software to learn it.

Easy to access and use

Beoordeeld op 13-4-2018
Kristina L.
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the ease of use and access most about the product. I also like being able to review the page prior to publishing.

Minpunten: I do not have any issues with the software. I believe that it is easy to use and helpful for us to access our website.