Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Canvas

Canvas® CMS is a software as a service platform for content management and digital marketing.

Meer informatie over Canvas

39 reviews worden weergegeven

Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018

"Effective LMS for Teaching"

Opmerkingen: This is a great LMS , with a great design/layout, a variety of features, and truly capitalizes on the collaborative aspect. This is truly geared toward k-12 education and is an effective choice to schools.

Pluspunten: The customization features. Canvas does a nice job allowing users various options in order to customize their classes to their needs. You can pretty much arrange your course and materials any way you want. I like that small group feature to build collaboration and open dialogue. This is great when doing socratic seminars, online discussions in modules, jig saw or fishbowl activities in the classroom, etc. Plus, it affords you an opportunity to send materials discreetly to specific groups of students. Great for personalizing instruction. Canvas also allows for embedding of various third party applications. Great way to tie everything into one place.

Minpunten: I love the ability to gamify learning modules for students or integrate self-paced learning. This is missing with Canvas. The ability to set completion settings or award badges who add another element to the platform. that is missing currently.

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Ravinder B.
Consultant
Juridische dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-12-2019

"Canvas - A leading Learning Platform for online education"

Opmerkingen: Given a lot of professionals and employers nowadays are keen on upskilling their knowledge employees via online education, so, Canvas is a good tool. I found Canvas very useful and convenient to use. Canvas provides me 24*7 hours of access to the course content and communication option with my peers and teachers, so I can plan my time accordingly.

Pluspunten: Canvas is a great online platform for learning management system and nowadays used by multiple Universities which provide online learning courses/classes. I am a user of the Canvas mobile app and I find it very useful in terms of basic layout, user-friendliness, and ease of use. For professors and students, it is a great tool to keep in touch outside of the class, making announcements and notifications, posting assignments and grades. The tool allows you to create message boards, post videos, and documents, easy communication between students and teachers for work submission and feedback. Students can see their course completion status and various modules available in easy to use interface. Videos content streaming works fine and you would not find any lag. Course content is organized structurally and easy to navigate and access.

Minpunten: Integration with third-party software can be improved. Discussion board section can be improved as it is difficult to differentiate between the original post and response. Some of the user interfaces can be improved to give them a more creative look and feel. Analytical capabilities can be added.

• Beoordeeld op 23-12-2019
Michael B.
Doctoral Research Assistant
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-6-2020

"Top Notch Educational Learning Platform"

Opmerkingen: Despite the (few) negatives, Canvas is still, in my opinion, the best learning platform out there. As both a student and instructor in higher education, it serves its purpose in providing a high quality experience for students.

Pluspunten: Great options for customizing your class to better reach your students. Love that I can add additional apps and third party extensions to my own page (e.g. Flipgrid). Easy to transfer classes, add different learning modules, and add collaborators.

Minpunten: Somewhat of a steep learning curve to take full advantage of all the customizations and layout features. Can sometimes be difficult to get an actual person to assist if you have questions, but it does provide helpful FAQ. In my opinion, there are too many steps to upload files and add them to certain locations on your page.

• Beoordeeld op 30-6-2020
Casey P.
instructor
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019

"Canvas was a tough go"

Opmerkingen: Well, it enables me to teach on line. My school uses it. And, maybe it was instructor, who said early on that the beauty of online education was the student could teach themselves...and that's how it was here. I was basically left to figure everything out on Canvas myself...and there's an enormous amount to figure out. I kept having to go to the Canvas online support site...and never found anything there to help me. Could either not find anything at all related to what I was looking for, or found the wrong thing. YouTube was a lot more help that Canvas itself.

Pluspunten: It's ability to lay out everything for students

Minpunten: Difficulty in use. Impossiblity to find help on line from the canvas help sight

• Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Karen L.
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019

"Well Organized for student use"

Pluspunten: Canvas has the most useful feature for students because the app shows the most recent courses, to-do assignment lists, notification of assignment due date and inbox tab which allows the student to send email to both instructor and classmates.

Minpunten: Although Canvas has all the well organized feature, the app would not automatically show the current quarter/ semester courses when the courses were registered. The app would only show the most recent courses if the courses had been selected. It's a bit inconvenient because students would need to make this change at the beginning of each quarter/ semester.

• Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019
Lauren C.
Mental health therapist
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-10-2019

"Good but needs improvement"

Opmerkingen: I like the comments feature on some assignments. I like the way you can see your current grade easily. I don't like the challenge of using rubrics on Canvas and don't like once you turn in an assignment you cannot see the previous versions of the assignment you've turned in. I like using canvas but I think some parts of it can be improved.

Pluspunten: I like the comments feature on some assignments. I like the way you can see your current grade easily.

Minpunten: I don't like the challenge of using rubrics on Canvas and don't like once you turn in an assignment you cannot see the previous versions of the assignment you've turned in.

• Beoordeeld op 10-10-2019
Karmon W.
Artisian
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-12-2019

"One of the best Learning & reporting software available"

Opmerkingen: This is one of 3 different learning software my children's teachers have used thru the years and by far my favorite for reliability within app.

Pluspunten: Canvas has been used by many of my children's teachers and this prompted myself creating and using canvas. So many integrated features to use for their teachers and a one stop look at how my children are doing. Easily maneuverable and easy to view. Love alerts that pop up on my phone to keep me in loop on my child's progress or child's struggles so you can stay on top of their educational
needs. Online learning options ,video and content also available. This Collaborative workspace is a must have for any student, teacher or parent.

Minpunten: On occasion there is down time where functionality is unavailable but this has only happened on like 2 occasions. I would say 99% of the time it functions as it should.

• Beoordeeld op 31-12-2019
Danielle E.
School nurse
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

"The best learning management system!"

Opmerkingen: I really like the flow of canvas and feel it allows me to be more creative with the content because I don't waste a ton of time trying to get the everything in the right place like I have with other software.

Pluspunten: This software is so much more user friendly than other learning management systems I have used. I am completing my masters currently in nursing education and we just learned how to design a course using the Canvas program and it is definitely more intuitive than other programs I have experienced such as BlackBoard or Moodle.

Minpunten: The mobile version is slightly more difficult to navigate, however I only really needed to use it in rare instances so not a big deal.

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Sarah Z.
Art teacher
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-3-2020

"Canvas"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Canvas has been positive. I would recommend this learning software.

Pluspunten: Canvas allows teachers to easily build online courses for their students. This learning management system is a simple design that looks up to date.

Minpunten: In my perspective, I found that Canvas learning management software is best for upper level elementary students. I would not recommend for younger learners because it may be difficult to navigate.

• Beoordeeld op 7-3-2020
Nicolas H.
Distance Education Instructional Coordinator
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018

"User Friendly"

Pluspunten: I've used canvas both as a student and instructor , I like that is user friendly , very straight forward in creating lessons and assessment. The ability to import content from other LMS such as Blackboard and Moodle is a big advantage . I think it would be a smooth transfer for those who want to switch .

Minpunten: As in every technology, errors and technical difficulties emerge , so it is advisable to have an IT skilled available to resolve and technical issue with CANVAS

• Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Melissa M.
Senior Assistant Director, Indiana Recruitment and Outreach
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019

"User friendly course management option"

Opmerkingen: I have used Canvas successfully both as a course management system for my class (I am a college professor) and also for training modules for professional positions. I have found Canvas to be a simplified way to organize information that is easy to update.

Pluspunten: This software makes course management easy. I have used Canvas both for academic course offerings as a college professor and also for training modules within a professional position. Canvas allows you to easily organize content, upload files, video and videos and link to external content. It's easy to create quizzes and exams and many custom options area available. It's easy to set due dates and to track who is logging in and how long they are spending on material. You can also conduct discussions and peer reviews. Due dates and easy to set and the gradebook is easy to utilize.

Minpunten: It can be hard to create things that are visually appealing if you aren't a course designer with code knowledge. Setting up a course or training module takes considerable time (but that is to be expected). You have to use the product for a while to truly understand the functionality and how to make it work bestfor you.

• Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019
Adjunct Faculty
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019

"Canvas Use at Small Private College"

Pluspunten: Canvas has a variety of features which aid in teaching, grading, and attendance. The ability to create test questions is very intuitive, not to mention it will grade objective questions for you! This saved me hours of grading on tests. For papers you can restrict the file types that are submitted which reduces the headache of trying to open various file types which may not be compatible with your word processor.

Minpunten: There is a bit of a learning curve for some of the more advanced features, but that is to be expected for any software. For grading papers, I wish that the program worked more like the review function for MS Word. It is not as intuitive and in my experience did not allow for as much editing as I would have liked.

• Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019
Christopher P.
Assistant Professor
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018

"Canvas is Excellent!"

Opmerkingen: Canvas is fantastic and very flexible--though this often puts pressure on me, as a professor, to put extra time into designing the site (often time I don't have).

Pluspunten: Canvas is far easier to use than its competitors. It is fairly intuitive and attractive. I don't teach remote courses at present, but its format works very well as a supplement to classroom work.

Minpunten: It can be draining to set up assignments in Canvas, especially when one is (as I am) teaching multiple iterations of the same class. While it is possible to import assignments from one class to another, this is often a draining and confusing process and I ordinarily opt for simply re-creating the same assignment two or three times.

• Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018
Miranda K.
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019

"Great Dashboard and App"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think that canvas performs exceptionally well As an e-learning sweet. I have had many courses where all of the materials are loaded and organized into canvas, and cross-referenced across the course. It is simple, effective, and user-friendly.

Pluspunten: I am a full time online student and work a full-time job, and I could not have asked for a better eLearning suite. My professors use the discussion board and calendar tools to help make modules interactive and ensure deadlines are met. As a busy multitasking remote learner, I credit Canvas and its ease of use and student-friendly features with making my transition back to school seamless and stress-free.

Minpunten: Overall, 10 best is easy to use and the app itself is wonderful. I have been able to submit assignments and study in line at concerts, waiting for my kids, Orwell shopping. However, the platform is not really great off of Wi-Fi, so the app cannot reliably be used for time-sensitive or secure tasks like quizzes. For those, you really have to be in front of the computer.

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019
Alyson G.
Wetshandhaving, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2019

"Canvas is very helpful to students"

Pluspunten: I have used canvas through my school for a long time. It is very easily accessible and also has many widgets for the screen on androids. I personally use the to-do widget because it is a really easy way to see what is coming up to do. I do not have to open the app just to see what is due.

Minpunten: There is nothing I can think of that I dislike.

• Beoordeeld op 19-4-2019
Amy T.
Diergeneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-4-2018

"Overall experience has bee very good, response times from staff are good with great follow through."

Opmerkingen: Individuality and a team that can consistently help with issues, planning, managing and designing our site and posts.

Pluspunten: The individuality of it, the ability to constantly change, adapt and upgrade our site. The pop up box calling out a special or event on the home page.

Minpunten: Somethings that I would like to be able to change/update myself on certain pages seem complicated even after viewing the "help" on them and I am worried that I will mess that page of the site up and not be able to undo it.

Racquel P.
Executive Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-8-2019

"Helped me get through college"

Opmerkingen: Overall I loved using it in college, so I now use it with my staff!

Pluspunten: My first experience using Canvas was in college, it was the chosen software of the University. Easy and organized way to keep up with assignments and interact with classmates group or individual work. It saves assignment and anything donr for years! Interacting with my professors was SUPER easy as well!

Minpunten: I couldn't figure out how to get alerts other than in my email about assignments and messsges. I got myself in a habot to chevk daily, but easy to set alerts would have been awesome!

• Beoordeeld op 24-8-2019
Marketing Manager, Communications & Content
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-12-2018

"A solid platform for online student education"

Pluspunten: The UI is fairly simple and easy to understand. There is also a lot of customization available to instructors.

Minpunten: While there is lots of customization available to instructors, it also means that there can be a lack of standardization...so it may be easy to find things for one class but not for another

• Beoordeeld op 9-12-2018
Buyer
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-5-2019

"Canvas for online students"

Pluspunten: I used Canvas as an online student. It was fairly simple to access and use. Intuitive and allowed sufficient space to write and upload documents.

Minpunten: I don't have much to say here. Hard to know if it was the software or nuances of the professor.

• Beoordeeld op 15-5-2019
Matt G.
Practice Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 6-4-2018

"Canvas looks great and has a lot of different options and features"

Pluspunten: Options and features- there are a lot of customizable options available to make the look and feel inline with what is needed. Things can be changes out quickly and easily.

Minpunten: Trying to make changes on our own to the backend can be cumbersome at times, but I've dealt with platforms that are much more cumbersome. Administrators help a lot with any changes needed or requested

Lacey B.
Director of Marketing
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018

"Easy to use"

Pluspunten: Provided to us by our website designers - not involved in the decision to use
User friendly
Easy to add pictures

Minpunten: Provided to us by our website designers - not involved in the decision to use
Slow to publish updates
Blocks not easy to maniupalte

• Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018
Edwin O.
Translator
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-5-2020

"Canvas as the perfect higher education platform"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I prefer it to previous platforms I have used in the past, such as Blackboard.

Pluspunten: Canvas has been easier to use with its multitude of features as a student and as a professional taking courses for professional development purposes. It was especially useful for keeping me on track with deadlines as I have quite a busy schedule.

Minpunten: I wish it offered more personalization on the user's end. I could not change the graphics or the layout, which would have been helpful as sometimes professors do not spend enough time perfecting their own class's layout.

• Beoordeeld op 20-5-2020
Graduate Research Scientist
Hoger onderwijs, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-10-2018

"A great tool for class grades and communication management"

Opmerkingen: Very pleasant upgrade from the previous online class management software.

Pluspunten: Its very cross platform friendly. I could easily enter grades and communicate on both my phone and tablet.

Minpunten: Poor excel integration. The software cannot import data from excel into its database effectively.

• Beoordeeld op 18-10-2018
Naima H.
Math Specialist
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

"Good product"

Opmerkingen: I use this as a teacher to post information useful to stidents.

Pluspunten: This is a useful software for us teachers, I use it to access my students rosters. It also allows me to put things on the site for students to see.

Minpunten: I can't complain about this product. The design can use little upgrade though. I will recommend this to teachers.

• Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
Elliott O.
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018

"The experience so far has been quite remarkable. The ease of working with the company pressure free"

Opmerkingen: It helps us market ourselves in an efficient and professional manner.

Pluspunten: What I most like about the software is its navigability. I want any prospective patient to work easily with our company.

Minpunten: There is nothing at all that is not likable. If I had to choose one thin it might be the fact that there is nobody physically in our area. That has not been a problem however.

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018