Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over OpenTable

Platform voor het beheer van restaurantreserveringen dat gebruikers helpt bij het beheren van wachtlijsten, tafelboekingen, de bezoekgeschiedenis van gasten, rekeningen en meer.

Meer informatie over OpenTable

Free, convenient, easy to use, most restaurants use it now, always remembers my log in, quick receipts and customer service.

This problem seems to happen every once and a while.

Beoordelingen van OpenTable

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

OpenTable heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.279 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je OpenTable eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.279)

Emtiaz
Administrator
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers

There is Always a Table with OpenTable!

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Lee
Lee
Director in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Super-easy to use

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After lots of research, it's one of the best systems out there for restaurants. And great value for money.

This is great system to manage table bookings for a restaurant, with lots of marketing options. Once it's set up, it takes the hassle out of managing bookings and it's easy to also manually add bookings and block off tables. It's also good for CRM. And there's the option to generate reports and extract data for mailing lists.

The set up can be quote tricky, but once it's done, it's super-easy to manage.

Mark
Mark
owner in VS
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

Halfway there, but needs help

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Table reservation management is the basic goal, and attracting new patrons is also right up there. On the latter, OT is only fair. They used to be better about bringing in new people, but seem to have changed their algorithm. But it's not as bad as the money grubbers at Yelp who go out of their way to prevent people from seeing your restaurant name unless you pay them absurd amounts.

OT is a reasonably priced reservation system that is reliable and straightforward to use. It offers more extensive services for a large operation, but in its minimal form is easy for a small (35-45 seat) restaurant to use without dedicating a person to managing it.

The mobile app could be great, but isn't. There are three ways to interact: PC Web, Mobile Web, and Mobile App (Android in my case). They all have slightly different functionality, for no good reason. - Example 1: The mobile app lets you see previous times a patron came in; mobile Web and PC Web only tell you the number, not the dates. But the mobile app doesn't give you control over scheduling and such. So you find yourself flipping among multiple devices to get your job done. - Example 2: Mobile Web and mobile app require constant re-login. PC does not. - Example 3: PC works reliably to see reservations, but after a period of inactivity, stops allowing interaction (such as setting a guest to "Seated"). A browser refresh is required. Exasperating!

Supakorn
Restaurant operations in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Good reservation software but not pricing friendly

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The software serves its purpose adequately, allowing customers to easily spot my restaurant's name on the list. It doesn't bring much joy or disappointment, but it is primarily intended for marketing purposes. The overall experience is moderate, with no significant highs or lows.

The reservation software is commendable in terms of functionality and features. However, it may not be particularly accommodating in terms of pricing.

The cost of utilizing it is rather steep, especially considering its sole functionality of making reservations.

Tony
General Manager in VS

OpenTable Feedback

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It feels like it is a necessity for restaurants to have this platform in order to succeed and OpenTable takes full advantage of it by squeezing as much as they can with monthly fees as well as per person booking fees.

Ease of use for both customers and restaurants. Dominates market share for booking reservations.

Very expensive with variable cost depending on bookings from OpenTable platform versus the restaurants own booking networks. Huge market control makes it almost impossible to succeed as a restaurant if you are not using them. No clear or transparent way to accurately sort what reservations were made through OpenTable and what weren't when invoicing. There is no option to rate diners the same way as restaurants are reviewed so you can select the best customers and decline and the rest during busy times.

Allegra
Owner in VS

Good but $$$$!

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Customer service is always spot on and helpful.

Cost to run promotions is too high. If I pay $7.50/pp, I lose money.

Ilana
Co Owner in VS

Sisserou's Restaurant

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

The POS integration and that it is widely used by patrons as a go to reservation source.

Would like more customizable reporting features on the back end and shortcut features on the floorplan view for hosts. We used Yelp prior to switching to OpenTable and their user interface for hosts had more shortcut features that our hosts do miss.

Amaria
Event Coordinator in Frankrijk
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

User friendly with good customer service

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great platform, user friendly for the restaurants as much as for the clients, very expensive especially if we want to compete with other restaurant who chose to spend money on the marketing add-ons.

Being able to manage reservation from anywhere, get data insights and the fact that anybody can quickly learn how to use it.

It is an expensive service, especially for a high volume restaurant.

Steve
General manager in VS
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

Open table

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Good, phone interactions have been more difficult when needed things adjusted they used to do it, now walk you through it, some times ain’t got the time

Control flow of restaurant, pacing, mobile phone app connectivity

The cost was initially enormous, but came way down when renegotiated we were going to switch to tock or other

Sylvie
Director in VS
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

Useing Opentable since it started or almost

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I’m on both side, supplying Opentable to our customers and using it for my own reservations. It is an excellent product.

Change in habits, from using paper and pencils to technology. Better organization.

After 20 years using it.. I think that the license is really high.

Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great app for reservations

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

It’s easy to use and lots of restaurants are on it. Whenever I need to make a reservation, it’s the first place I check.

The only issue I’ve ever had is when trying to redeem dining rewards with a restaurant. Even though I booked a reservation with a restaurant that should have accepted my dining credit, they didn’t take it. However, OpenTable customer service handled the situation quickly and efficiently.

Kathryn
Director of Sales in VS
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

Love Open Table!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: OpenTable is wonderful, not only do they have fast and professional customer service, they're also improving the software everyday. I love that we can train our hosts quickly and use the software to make it an enjoyable dining experience for our guests.

From a sales perspective, Open Table is fantastic at making sure we have plotted the proper rooms for private events. It is constantly making suggestions and making sure we're in the right time slots for turning tables. For our FOH manangers, it is very easy to train on which makes it less time consuming in the host training process. Guest center is also a great hub to check reviews, see your seating from an app on your phone and make any changes on the go. Love the pop up function and notes section to make sure our hosts have all the information they need. OTrestaurant.com is also wonderful to make sure we have all the right marketing tools turned on and become available to our guests. It is important that our guests have an ease of use to make a reservation and with the bonus points they receive from booking on open table it is just a plus for us to use the software.

Not a con, but we would love to see Open Table integrate with private dining software to make plotting private events faster.

Reactie OpenTable

5 jaar geleden

Hi Kathryn, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Charles
Operations Manager in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

OpenTable Remains Industry Leader for Many Reasons

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If used as intended, OpenTable can be an unbelievable asset for any restaurant. It makes gathering and communicating guest information so easy and is compatible with the majority of point of sale systems

OpenTable has been the industry's leading platform for managing guests and an active shift. OpenTable is compatible with the majority of restaurant point of sale systems which really enhance the amount/ variety of guest information. It makes tracking new and regular guests extremely simple. OpenTable is always improving and expanding its capabilities.

The countless features of OpenTable don't come cheap. It is definitely an investment and often underutilized.

Svend Bertil
Senior News Editor in Denemarken
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

Effortless and Convenient Booking with OpenTable

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have had a great experience with OpenTable overall. The website is easy to use and booking is a breeze. Even if I have encountered an occasional issue, OpenTable customer service has been very helpful in resolving it. I would definitely recommend OpenTable for anyone looking for an easy and convenient way to book a table.

I recently used OpenTable to book a table at a popular restaurant and was really impressed with how easy it was. The website was easy to navigate, the booking process was straightforward, and I received a confirmation email within minutes. It was a great experience and I'd highly recommend OpenTable to anyone looking for an effortless and convenient way to book a table.

I encountered a few issues with OpenTable, such as not being able to get a table at a restaurant that I had booked, even though I had a confirmation email. Luckily, OpenTable customer service was very helpful and resolved the issue quickly, but it was a bit of a hassle.

Dave
Partner in VS
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

OpenTable Lover

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: OpenTable has been a pleasure to use since it's new facelift, I would recommend any and all restaurants to get on board.

Finally upgraded a lot of options for the software. It's been years and years making suggestions with this company, glad they started to finally implement what industry people needed.

The cost associated with some of the repeat business seems like it's unnecessary, but as long as it's driving business towards me I'm OK with it.

Internet, 51-200 werknemers

OpenTable – My Main Way of Making Reservations. Great Platform, But Needs More Transparency.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love using OpenTable and it's definitely my go-to reservation platform. Whenever I need to make a reservation, OpenTable is always my first choice for a platform!

I love how easy it is to book reservations to my favorite restaurants. The UI is just beautiful, and it's so easy to navigate, see what times are available, double check the reservation I made, contact restaurants, read menus, see photos, and even change my reservation. I just love the ease of use.

I least like how, by default, way more data than I knew was being shared with restaurants and marketers. Buried in settings, I figured out how to turn these features off, but I feel like OpenTable is deceptive about how much data is really shared with their business partners, marketers, and restaurants.

Joshua
Equipment Engineer in VS

Very easy and great tool for booking ahead and making reservations.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

What I like most about this software is its usefulness, coupled with its simplistic yet easy layout. The options for available times and selections are very easy to read, making it very user-friendly. I also liked the way the layout also seemed to cater to touchscreen devices with larger than average digital buttons for selections. This definitely contributes to use on the go when a reservation may be needed to be made last minute. The available time suggestions closest to my desired time and date option also save me time from having to search around and find an available date and time.

There is not much I dislike about this software, but one thing that I would appreciate is in regards to desired date storage. What I mean by this is, let us say I have a date and time in mind for a reservation, and that time slot is not available, I am unable to book that timeslot. However, I am never made aware if that time slot becomes available unless I keep checking on that timeslot. It would be ideal if this software could incorporate an email alert or equivalent if a previously unavailable timeslot becomes available (due to the party originally occupying the reservation say cancels their existing reservation or if more seating becomes available) such that I can book my desired timeslot. While I realize this is more a feature I would like to see in a future update as opposed to an issue with the present software, I feel that this is something that is lacking that could be easily incorporated as a very useful user option.

Ashley
Consultant in VS
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

OpenTable is a great resource for keeping managing restaurant reservations

5,0 6 jaar geleden

My in-laws own a restaurant and I often help them from a technology and operations perspective. They had trouble managing their reservations. They only open for dinner, and they would spend a lot of time every day listening to Voicemail reservations, trying to get parties back on the phone to confirm, and trying to manage cancellations vs. openings with an antiquated system. When I suggested OpenTable I did not realize all of the problems I would be solving for them. OpenTable brings reservation systems into the 21st century, and allows patrons an easy way to make, change, and cancel restaurant reservations with the click of a button. For the restaurant owner or manager, it saves all of the time you use to need for follow-up, and all of the administrative management needed to handle cancellations and book optimal service volume.

There is nothing that I do not like about OpenTable for business. It has brought a lot of value to our team, and has become a major asset that we rely on to book reservations. Patrons are as happy with OpenTable as we have been in the decision to start taking reservations through them.

Angela
President in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Are use it all the time

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very convenient and a great timesaver

This is an unbelievably convenient and functional product. I use it to find restaurants easily and reliably when I travel. It's much more convenient than having to call the restaurant. I can make reservations any time of the day and go back-and-forth between restaurants to compare available times. Then, after I finish making my reservation, I could send the information to the other people in my party with just one click. Because of this product, I have tried many new restaurants and in many different areas that I wouldn't have otherwise tried. And, of course, the point system gets me a coupon every so often.

My biggest complaint is with the interface. I use it as an app on my phone mostly and sometimes I have trouble finding what I'm looking for. It works much better on the desktop.

Eric R.
Eric R.
Chief Product Officer in VS
Research, 2-10 werknemers

OpenTable is great when it is properly configured, but hides too many useful tools

4,0 2 jaar geleden

When OpenTable had a cleaner reservation system, it was excellent. You could book way ahead of time and they had a points-based system that earned you rewards. Sometime a few years back, they lost a lot of their functionality and they seemed to lose their ability to book a lot of restaurants they'd previously had. The rewards system was a big part of my regular use, so I stopped using them as often as a result.

When there is a reservation option on the listing for a restaurant, it is kind of hidden. This makes very little sense.

Natalie
Ex-Lead Server in VS
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Excellent way to stay on the same page and unburden your hosts

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Open table was a HUGE burden off our hosts, helped our servers step in as hosts easily since they could see who was next/what was open, really incredible way to get reservations and minimize phone calls. Love that customers enter their own details-- too many times we've had hosts mishear phone numbers or misunderstand dates.

Ability to text those on the waitlist at the click of a button, how customizable table setup can be to make it look exactly like our multi-floor restaurant layout, ease of customizing server profiles/keeping track of who's next in rotation automatically. Keeps record of heads per each table sat so keeps servers satisfied they aren't being jipped

Only allows 3 texts per guest-- not ideal for busy brunch spots. Does not send alerts to us when cancellations are made so often having to constantly check and re-check to make sure we aren't saving tables for nothing

Lauren
Global Giving Database Manger in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

OpenTable Kept Our Guests and Staff Happy

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, OpenTable provided my restaurant with the ability to track guest who dined at our restaurant. It made the experience smoother for our FOH staff, especially our FOH manager and hostess.

The best thing about OpenTable is you're able to see who will be coming to your restaurant in advance. I don't necessarily mean each day (although that was great too!), but in the days prior. We were able to staff the restaurant accordingly by how many guests we were expecting. The interface was smooth and reliable on both our end and that of our guests.

There weren't many flaws with OpenTable. We had times when it wasn't updating in real time, but that may have been due to our internet capability.

Danielle
Personal Trainer in VK
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy yet extremely professional app.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Brilliant. Whenever I got stuck (when first using the app years ago), customer service was easy to reach and the restaurants respond well in conduction with the app and bookings themselves. 21st century, we are results orientated.

This app is a time saving god send! It helps you find the perfect table in a restaurant suited to both your food requirements and area and then allows you a smooth and QUICK process to book. I absolutely love how effortless this app allows a laborious job of finding a table for whatever the occasion is and then sets up your invites to the fellows you intend to dine with. It looks incredibly professional if this is aimed at a Buisness meeting or super cute if its a first date! All details of time, date and address is automatically added to your calendar once recipient accepts. Perfect.

I have experienced on a small amount of occasions where I loved the look of a restaurant or table and then when 1/2 through the booking process it may turn out there are limited availability and/or none. This is normal I guess for hot spots and weekends. Book earlier if it is a special event. The bright side of it is if a table is released as a result of cancellations, you'll be notified if those specifics are turned on, on your personal account with the app. Not much to fault, it is easy and accessible.

Allison
Allison
Operations Manager in VS
Horeca, 201-500 werknemers

Great Product, But Self-Loyal

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall OpenTable works for our large restaurant, but at some point we will be pursuing ways to keep or increase cover counts at less of an expense.

OpenTable has a relatively intuitive interface and is easy to pick up. Plus, using Open Table give you access to their huge pool of users - so more potential reservations.

I don't like that OpenTable is only loyal to OpenTable, and doesn't help our restaurant create brand loyalty. If an OT user has a good experience dining with us, OT wins double because they're paid by us for the reservation, and also promote using additional OT restaurants in the future.

Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Grab those customers that are just outside your sphere of influence

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Use OpenTable to grab those customers that are on the fence and make them interested in coming in, if not only to show them you care about giving them more options to dine.

When I first worked at a restaurant and used OpenTable, I was reluctant to believe it could replace our current IT system which worked without any bells or whistles. But I soon realized that OpenTable is not merely a system to help make reservations but a powerful way to edge closer those customers that are just outside your sphere of influence. Of course, there's Google Search and Yelp. However, when I asked customers how they found us or why the chose our restaurant, they said they were interested by the option to book through OpenTable. Without that option, we would have been the obscure listing hidden on the third search page (and who really goes past the first two, right?)

The last minute cancellation but it wasn't as bad as say people ghosting on a reservation made by calling in.

Steven
GM/ Partner in VS
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Open Table for Restaurants

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We have been using it for twenty years and have had a great experience.

Easy to use, provides great marketing options, well supported. The product support has been great, operationally and from our representative.

More expensive than newer reservation system software, but has many more benefits and a larger market presence.