AmeriCommerce has been our eCommerce platform of choice for over decade. Great service. Great team.

Beoordeeld op 26-4-2018
Philip K.
Director of Business Development
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: AmeriCommerce allows us to deliver a great experience for our customers. The ability to customize this platform with reasonable development times allows us to concentrate on our own product development rather than programming. It's easy to manage large data sets, make daily site updates and fulfill orders. It's mobile friendly themes, top-notch security and fast servers make it a great option for those companies just starting out and those that need just a little extra care.

Pluspunten: The platform is constantly improving, rolling out new features monthly at no additional cost to their customers. We have grown from a basic subscription plan to a platinum custom plan that meets and exceeds our customer demands. We attribute much of our growth to their ability to customize the platform to meet our needs. We offer products with hundreds of variations and need to serve up that information in digestible formats for our customers and with their developer's help we have grown 300% year over year for the past three years. Not a small feat for a mature site!

Minpunten: We really have not had too many issues with their service or platform that could not be addressed in a timely fashion. The only issue we have had in the past year was a single instance of excessive downtime, greater than 24 hours. This has only happened once in a decade of service.

Nothing but praise for AmeriCommerce

Ellen B.
Web Wrangler
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A long time ago, I created a website for this company from pure html and css. The orders were processed via a simple email script that would send the order to the office to be charged and filled. For the time, it was effective and made the company a lot of money. Unfortunately the owner of the server passed without leaving the sign in information and the company was stuck. I did research and found AmeriCommerce and it is so much better as well as less wear and tear on yours truly. I don't have to focus on code any longer. Furthermore the built in ability to sell digital products has taken this company into the future of publishing through the internet.

Pluspunten: I like the huge array of features available but most of all the support and customer service is the best. The team is responsive as well as forgiving and understanding of my own errors.

Minpunten: It's not about the software so much as the documentation. I cannot always find the instructions that I need to implement a feature and sometimes it is old. When I started out, it was kind of a nightmare wading through everything. Now that I have seen it all, I can usually remember on my own or sometimes ask for a hint from a customer support person. I'm not sure that an online manual, instead of just a searchable support system of articles would help sell the product but it might.

The Real Deal

Bouwmaterialen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Happy happy happy.

Pluspunten: I have been with Americommerce for almost 10 years. I started out a complete novice with no idea of making my website a business as circumstances changed I needed to up the game and my website became the source of income for my family. We have been able to grow and thrive with Americommerce. We have changed our site, changed products lines and always been able to adapt within the Americommerce system. I looked at other services and found out what a phenomenal value I was getting at Americommerce. Other shopping carts have everything a la cart ie. templates, design services, shipping integration so you end up paying MUCH more. Also, Americommerce has their own templates so they can build, change and correct issues. Other services do not have that. You have to buy a template that is not supported by an in house team like Americommerce can do.
Enjoying my Americommerce experience and highly recommend it.

Minpunten: Over the 10 years I am with Americommerce I have not had any negative issue that was significant or couldn't be easily resolved.

Software for All Users

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019
Cydnie G.
Graphic Designer Production
Landbouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm very pleased with the service AmeriCommerce has provided. I really like that their site is approachable by people of all tech skill levels. Their customer support is outstanding as well.

Pluspunten: AmeriCommerce caters to a wide variety of users. If you have no coding background at all using one of their many templates might be for you. However if you are savvy with code and want to add customized features, you have a great deal of access to do so.

Minpunten: There is a steep learning curve when you originally begin using AmeriCommerce and it's not always intuitive but their support is often helpful when you need to find something. One feature I wish could be added to the site is for there to be an option for adding items to your cart and instead of being redirected somewhere, you simply receive a notification saying the item was added.

van AmeriCommerce op 23-1-2019

Cydnie,

Thanks for the review!

We wanted to mention that the feature you are requesting already exists! If you navigate to Themes > Global Theme Settings > Shopping Cart you will see a navigation setting with multiple options on where to redirect the user after adding an item to cart.

As always, our support team is standing by to help if you need any assistance.

Happy Selling!

An outdated and unintuitive mess of software that falls short in every regard

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2018
Chad W.
Front-End Developer
Internet, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: CONS continued:
Not safe, not smart, not secure, but that's the only way a blog editor can use their blog on Americommerce.
Reports are a joke. No customization, primitive filtering, no DOWNLOADING, and the designs are horrendous. File management is a glorified FTP interface. That means search is slow and there's no mass-editing tool. It's missing simple stuff like "copy file URL" and "delete folder". Last thing I'll say: in a world run by search engines, Americommerce charges you for bandwidth. Every bot that crawls your site is costing you money. BOTTOM LINE:
STAY AWAY FROM AMERICOMMERCE. There is SO much better in literally any platform. I had to delete about half of my cons because it wouldn't even FIT in the review.

Pluspunten: There are a few good things about Americommerce. Their customer support staff is friendly. The custom rule engine is power, albeit hard to use. The API integrations allow for some deeper integrations with old custom and oracle-based software. Their recent integration with Cloudflare allows for automatic SSL renewal, and there's a photo cropper tool in case you need it. The CON list didn't have enough room, so here are my CONs: Americommerce doesn't adhere to basic CSS3 standards and can't handle responsive design or modern styling techniques. Responsive design has to be included in a separate file in the head tags, and can't be integrated into a single page. You have to put all your media queries into the head tags, so they load on every single page of your site. All the themes I've used (even the Americommerce-made Base theme) look like trash compared to modern web competitors like SquareSpace, WordPress, Wix, etc. The themes are poorly coded and don't follow good design principles. "Magic numbers" are everywhere, and that's bad code. Bottom line: getting your site to look good on Americommerce is a painful and arduous process. The page content editor's WYSIWYG preview is wildly off - making it completely useless. Good luck previewing any changes before pushing live updates to the page. The ubiquitous "pane" system is slow and wastes screen real estate...

Minpunten: CONS continued:
Editing a content pages uses a 1/3 pane that's not resizeable. Editing products, content pages, categories, discounts, users - literally everything - wastes 2/3 of your screen real estate.
Editing products is slow and painful, and the mass editor just allows you to edit product basics one at a time a tiny bit faster. You can't drag-and-drop photos to rearrange. The theme editor is comprehensive but unintuitive and fragile. Keep local copies of each page you edit, because Americommerce WILL lose your changes. No version history and no backups. One "error" in your CSS will discard all updates. I say "error" because the CSS linter is WAY too strict. For example, having a -webkit prefix alongside a fallback (a standard in forward-thinking design) will return an error. Comments aren't allowed either. Whoever arrange the Settings hierarchy needs to be fired and shot. Editing users is in the security tab. Changing one setting (like a favicon) may find you traveling to 2 or 3 different sections to complete. The contact forms are limited at best and don't support placeholder text. Americommerce doesn't store entries on the site, so once it sends that admin email, the entry is gone forever. I've been burned badly by this. Adding forms to content pages is troublesome and has been solved better on other platforms. User permissions are buggy. Long story short, every single user is an admin for all of the multi-store accounts...

van AmeriCommerce op 9-1-2019

Chad,

Thank you for providing this feedback. A lot of these concerns have actually already been addressed or are on our product roadmap for future development.

For example:

We just published a new feature allowing you to restore backup theme html, css, and widgets.

The WYSIWYG has been updated and improved.

Several new themes are on the roadmap for 2019, although not sure how much that affects front end developers.

Bulk actions such as mass folder delete is currently in production and set to release in next software update.

The issue where you mention that "one CSS error will discard your changes" was originally put in place as a protector users that weren't code savvy. However, we are reviewing that component and will be either upgrading it or removing it very soon (this was already planned).

We value all of your feedback as a customer and it hurts to see this review. We would love to have you back and put our new features to the test.

Happy Selling!

Great value and customer control

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018
Dolores M.
Bouw
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Complete flexibility and control over the function and appearance of the website. Ability to expand our business. Great value.

Pluspunten: After looking at other site to see if we were missing something we soon discovered what a great deal we have with Ameriommerce. Other platforms seem to offer a a lot of features but you have to buy other apps and integrations, have custom coding done or you simply can't accomplish what you can with Americommerce. There are many features and flexability to accomomdate any type of business.

Minpunten: I would love to see 24 / seven support. We make changes on weekends so if anything goes wrong off hours there is no one to help out.

AmeriCommerce

Ryan O.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Pluspunten: * Tons of features
* Nearly unlimited levels of flexibility/customization
* Handful truly unique/powerful features that no other carts have
* Integrated Cloudflare CDN/SSL
* Great rate on credit card processing
* Great support

Minpunten: * Not that many integrations with popular 3rd party software (however this is somewhat made up for by the fact that the system is so flexible. It just requires a lot of custom coding to integrate)
* Sometimes random bugs popup out of nowhere but hey, it's software, bugs happen.
* Some admin screens/editors are cumbersome with nested overlays and such.

Powerful Features

John G.
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: AmeriCommerce is our favorite platform for eCommerce. All of our stores use AmeriCommerce and all of our clients are, or are switching to AmeriCommerce from other providers. It is truly exceptionally capable yet mostly fairly easy to use.

Pluspunten: Multi-store ability from one admin, powerful product configuration, great order handling, wonderful content pages and blog ability, complete SEO configuration, merge codes, server speed, customer service, and so much more.

Minpunten: Custom modifications are very pricey but rarely, if ever needed.

Best Value in eCommerce platforms

Brian G.
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been an AmeriCommerce customer for close to 15 years working for several companies. I've run tens of millions of dollars of sales through their platform and continue to run my own business on them today. The team there is not only accessible but are truly vested in the success of my eCommerce business.

Pluspunten: It is highly scalable and with API access virtually anything can be done.

Minpunten: Occasional bottlenecks in server load causing less than ideal load times.

Great Customer Service

Rupal S.
Textiel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Customer support has never failed. Each person at Americommerce is very helpful and they always have resolved our issues or concerns.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Software covers wide range and offers lots of flexibility to build the website.

Minpunten: We offer rental and purchase items. I wish it would give us the option so as customer can not mix rental and purchase items on the same order and will not allow customer to check out.

Great Platform

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019
Rob C.
Ecommerce Manager
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been good with Americommerce. The customer support has been very helpful.

Pluspunten: The simple easy to use platform makes updating and editing our site a breeze.

Minpunten: We would like to see when Americommerce agents log into our site on the audit history as this would be very helpful. As of now it does not show up when we export the history.

Love

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2019
Sarah M.
Account Management
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Mostly great. Their price point is acceptable and since Capital One sold, we've seen major improvements with Customer service

Pluspunten: Allows for customization, order specific actions are easy to use

Minpunten: backend is a little clunky, some of the verbiage is quite confusing, there are multiple ways to customize product/settings which can get a little confusing

Fantastic customer suppoert

Paul P.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The best part about Americommerce is their customer support. If am an unsure how to use some of the many feautres - I call tech support. They are friendly - patient - and always achieve what you wanted to have done with shopping cart. FIVE STARS all the way!!!

Pluspunten: Software has a lot of functionalities built in

Minpunten: Nothing at all. It has all the features needed in a shopping cart

Make sure to update your email

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019
Nicole W.
Merchandise Manager - Web
Meubels, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Garbage company with garbage customer service who do not and cannot help, they will just regurgitate the same handbook answers back to you. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will delete your information without notification.

Pluspunten: I did like that I didn't have to visit a portal, but since I didn't visit the portal I did not know to update incorrect email addresses that are essential for receiving and paying the annual invoice. without payment they will delete all of your data no matter how long you have been a customer

Minpunten: They deleted ALL of our data and files due to an incorrect email address. We had stored data for nearly 7 years with this company and they NEVER picked up the phone to get a payment. They just deleted all files without notification by mail only by email to an incorrect domain. Then they said none of the files could be recovered as all had been purged two weeks after deletion, which I was one week too late for recovery. All data lost for all items we had produced.

van AmeriCommerce op 4-1-2019

Nicole,

We understand you may be upset that your account was deleted. It's our standard policy to delete accounts for non-payment after a set period of time and is a standard practice among software everywhere.

"They will delete your information without notification." is not an accurate comment as we notified the only email on file multiple times. If you stop using that email address, it falls on your responsibility to update it in your AmeriCommerce account or at minimum inform us by chat/phone/email.

It is clearly mentioned in our terms of service that paying for an account is the responsibility of the customer or services may be lost.

This being said, we'd still be more than happy to work with you to re-create your online store from scratch although past data may not be possible to recover. Our support team is always ready to help customers such as yourself return to the platform and start selling again.

- AmeriCommerce

Easy way to do a website.

Lori B.
Office Mgr / Artist
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My experience has been very good and the program works for what my private site.

Pluspunten: Someone set this up for me, however, I have made lots of product edits and added products to my selection. The cloning feature is very helpful, and when I've had to do graphic changes the tech support person was great and walked me through everything. I enjoy using the back end of the program. So easy once you do it a couple times you're a pro!

Minpunten: Lots of moving parts to set up an item. Too many screens to go through. But once you do it a couple times it's easy.

Outstanding in every way

Rockne E.
Product Line Manager
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Americommerce has helped our organization have a professional website and marketplace while keeping our costs very reasonable.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, flexibility, and more robust than you can imagine. But their secret sauce is how willing and capable their whole organization is from accounting to sales, support and engineering.

Minpunten: It's payments provider integrations are slightly better than okay, though I've heard there is more selection now.

Powerful Shopping Cart

Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Pluspunten: Highly customizable
Control multiple stores with one admin console
Competitave Pricing
Stellar tech support

Minpunten: I think that the admin navigation could be more intuitive. Because this program is so powerful, settings and features can be difficult to locate.

The best I have found

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019
Larry G.
Ceo
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is by far the bast program I have found. I do over $2,000,000 a year in online sales guru multiple websites and have tried everything that is out there. AmeriCommerce fills ALL of my needs.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Multi function. Amount of features.

Minpunten: Could use a scan tool for entering tracking info. Wish it would automatically print out orders.

AmeriCommerce is a Powerful eCommerce Platform for all Levels of eCommerce

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2019
Diane T.
eBay Seller
Consumentengoederen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Free Trial so far.

Pluspunten: The free trial allows an user to discover the capabilities inherent in this software that includes, importantly, the ability to create and maintain multiple online stores. It is user friendly and even a novice will be able to navigate while professional sellers will delight in the various options.

Minpunten: I found nothing to dislike about AmeriCommerce.