Airfocus Review

Cameron C.
Project Coordinator
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Airfocus is helping our team organize our project activities into Sprints in the Kanban board as well as giving us a high-level overview in the Gantt Roadmap. The Priority Chart is a cool feature which is allowing us to evaluate projects based on voting/ranking. Overall our experience with Airfocus was been very positive.

Pluspunten: The first thing my team and I liked most about this software is that it covers all the bases for project management: Gantt roadmap, Kanban board and the Priority Chart. The second thing we liked most was how easy it was to use and how it effortlessly integrated into Trello. The customization was the icing on the cake; it allows you to create custom weights for your items and then graphs those items in the Priority Chart which gives a nice high-level overview of your activities in terms of priority. My team was very impressed with this functionality. Finally, the customer service has been outstanding. Representative, their head of marketing & sales has promptly responded to every question and even took a call on short notice to help us address a couple of hiccups which their dev team quickly resolved.

Minpunten: At the moment Airfocus does not have a dependency feature, which would be great for the Gantt roadmap. Having a visual dependency link between items would make Airfocus and one-stop-shop for all things project management. However, representative has told me that this functionality should be available very soon. One other potential con is, depending on the size of your business, the cost of the editor license. It´s not cheap but for the scale and duration of my team´s projects, it certainly has been worth it so far.

airfocus review

Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019
Jennifer W.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I think rep was very helpful, which made the whole trial experience much nicer for us.

Pluspunten: It's easy to use, which makes it great for when you need to onboard new team members - the other tools were too complicated to use for what we needed at the moment
The Board view is exactly what we needed for our roadmap
The timeline feature is also very useful for our Hardware teams
Aesthetics was also a very big reason why we decided to use this tool
I also like that we can customize the value indicators

Minpunten: The one major thing I noticed, is that it's hard to close / archive a full month (column) in the Board view. You are only allowed to delete it, and then you have to archive all the cards. I think there are some key features missing:
* I wish we could see links for all the previous share views set up, not just the API key, this doesn't help
* I wish we could edit the settings we had for all previous share views
* I wish we could link workspaces so that I could make smaller workspaces but still see an overview of all workspaces
* I wish there was a way to save the custom colors and assign color to JIRA integrations so that I don't have to re-color everything everytime I have new items coming in

van airfocus op 9-10-2019

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for your helpful feedback. I created feature requests from your feedback and hope to get most of it done soonish. All points make complete sense. Please find them on our public roadmap: http://bit.ly/airfocus-roadmap.

Please also get in touch via chat, whenever you have questions or feedback.

Great tool for product managers

Beoordeeld op 8-9-2019
Irma H.
IT Project Manager and Product Manger
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In general I am satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing more improvements from the team.

Pluspunten: I like that it gives option to create customized boards, ability to create customized tags for each board and also to create different ratings on each card per user value, financial benefit and also time for delivery. This helps me a lot when it comes to creating a priorities for next features to be delivered. I very much so like and use the preview of items that represent small wins and those that are to be dropped for now.

Minpunten: I did not like that I experienced kind of distability. Occasionally it is not working or it stops work and I am changing browsers to make it work.

Fresh breeze for prioritization

Serge R.
Innovation & Plattformen
Nutsbedrijven, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Using air.focus mainly for keeping users and stakeholders in touch with our Software development process. Its chart view and timeline are easy to read and interpretate. Screenshots from air.focus can be used for quaterly presentations in Front of the stakeholders on the management level.

Pluspunten: can be used as a power-up for Trello,
good seamless integration with Trello,
synchronization works well between the two,
motivates users of our software products to contribute and clarify their requests for features,
high learning curve for editors (Team internal) and contributers (external),
clear message with regard to the commitment point (which features will be implemented by the Team)

Minpunten: adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items,
value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition

Roadmaps Reimagined

Rob H.
Sr. Director, Product Management
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I loved how quickly they responded to my set-up (team-related questions) issues. They have well-deserved confidence in their product and they were happy to let me share the product (for a limited amount of time) with other co-workers to get company buy-in for the purchase.

Pluspunten: A the kids say, It is intuitive asf. It required almost little to no time to familiarize myself with the feature set and how to make use of them which is rare in a new piece of software.

Minpunten: Well I understand the reasons why, it is not all that easy to share/collaborate with teams outside of your product group.

New User

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019
Simon A.
SVP Engineering
Nutsbedrijven, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied and I will be taking on an editor subscription in order to keep using this product.

Pluspunten: The software attachs well with Trello and gives the needed outputs that Trello does not provide alone, turning one data input into many useful visuals for use in managing tasks and projects while briefing at many levels.

Minpunten: Takes a while to get to grips with set ups for functionality, not as intuitive as I would like but then as I learn to adapt in my inputs this will be less of an issue.

Not expensive and sleek

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2019
Joel T.
Business Analyst
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: - Has jira integration!
- Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system)
- not expensive

Minpunten: - doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

Amazing and beautiful project management and roadmapping tool

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2018
Mariana M.
Marketing Intern
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We do our complete marketing planning with airfocus. It's very easy and time efficient.

Pluspunten: I really love the visualized priority charts. Haven't seen something like this before. airfocus is easy to use and makes our planning simple.

Minpunten: I have nothing bad to say. It could be a bit less time consuming to copy manually added items to another workspace. But I guess that is an edge case.

Awesome tool for marketing planning

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018
Kultida yee T.
Founding Member/ Digital Strategist
Internet
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: airfocus is by far one of the most sophisticated prioritization solutions I've tried that is still easy to use. I also really like that you can share and discuss the projects with a remote team.

Minpunten: It'd be nice to have an undo button. So far I've not felt the need to use it, but I think it can be a useful feature to have.

Necessary for all modern product teams

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019
Brendan H.
VP Engineering & Digital Product
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: As the person who runs product and engineering at our organization, there are requests coming in from every department for features, updates, and new products/pages. Being able to build a prioritization framework that the entire org is bought into that I can share with everyone has been invaluable. The entire team can now see our roadmap and why we're working on certain things. We built a google form to ingest requests, which creates an asana and airfocus task. We then enter their scores for impact, and our scores for effort and other teams can clearly see where their projects fall on the prioritization list. It's made conversations about bandwidth so much easier and made our teams work more transparent.

Minpunten: Currently, there is no way to have multiple frameworks inside a single project. It's also a bit expensive on a per-user basis.

van airfocus op 18-4-2019

Thanks for the inspiring feedback. Love the Form/Asana/airfocus workflow.

We're soon gonna launch master roadmaps. This will hopefully help you.

Product Roadmapping with AirFocus

Chief Product Officer
Nutsbedrijven, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall we have really taken to AirFocus as a company and are using it across our organization's functions. The ease of use, nice UI, and ability to rank features is what makes it most impactful for us.

Pluspunten: I like how this software is simple to use for Product Roadmapping - my main use case as Chief Product Officer. One feature that really stands out for me with AirFocus is the ability to define a weighting scale and weight your features. The view that shows you most important to least important features is very helpful in making decisions on what to prioritize on your roadmap.

Minpunten: I'd like to see more fine grained user controls (along with more user tracking of who makes what changes on the roadmap). There have been a few instances where other users changed my roadmap (we also use it for business/tech roadmapping) and it wasn't easy to tell what was changed.

van airfocus op 16-4-2019

Thanks for the inspiring and helpful review. We're already working on a granular item history/change log. 100% understood that this is needed. All the best.

Great tool for prioritizing projects, ideas and product features. A must have for decision-makers!

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2018
Christoph B.
Product manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Easy set up, you're good to go within minutes. Also love the Jira and Trello sync!
Very helpful is the set of provided templates to get started.
Visualization alternatives (chart, board and timeline view) are great.
Great overall user experience and easy to use.

Minpunten: I don't totally agree with the differentiation between user groups in terms of features: why shouldn't a single user need Jira and Trello integration?

Great roadmap planning tool

Jason D.
Director of Engineering
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Good product and quick responses on support questions. Very happy with the product.

Pluspunten: The Trello integration and timeline features are most useful to me.

Minpunten: The board portion isn't something we use much, since we have Trello.

Good and easy Tool for Product Prioritization

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2019
Florian M.
Head of Ecommerce
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 201-500 werknemers

Pluspunten: * the good UI, easy to understand and use
* the possibility to configure the and weight the different parameters that are relevant for prioritization

Minpunten: * features like the chart tool are not configurable
* minor UI bugs, especially on smaller screensizes (not scrolling possible, relevant information not in viewport)

Simple but effective

John L.
Senior Technical Specialist
Telecommunicatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Was easy to setup and build a road map of existing products the team is working on

Minpunten: Missing a few features we would like such as adding tasks to the road map items and creating dependencies

Best roadmapping software

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
Hanna K.
Marketing Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Helps to visualize our goals

Pluspunten: Quick roadmap creation and clear interface

Minpunten: Freemium unavailable. That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service.

Great for prioritizing the product development cycle.

Philippe F.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Would highly recommend. For this price it's actually a no-brainer for every business that wants to set their priorities right.

Pluspunten: As a compnay we were struggling with prioritizing and answering the 'what's next?' question. Airfocus is a great tool to help you do this in a transparant and convenient way.

Minpunten: These guys are working really hard and the software gets updated on a regular bases. At the moment we are just missing some simple editing (copy, move,...) features, but they are already on the roadmap.

Airfocus review

Process Engineering Manager
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is the easiest way to have a prioritization system that can be customized.

Minpunten: Lack of basic standard software features.

Overall good software

Beoordeeld op 8-9-2019
Sam S.
Senior UX Designer
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Was good to be able to communicate with staff/help via the chat, where I gave feedback on new features - that was good. Overall the software seems reliable and easy to use. Could do with more robust feature set. But what it does, it does well and simply.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and understand. Interface and UI is simple.

Minpunten: Could have more features. Sometimes doesn't quite work as I want/thought it would.

airfocus has really helped us prioritise and make the right product decisions in the last few months

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2018
Louis S.
Head of Client Relations
Internet
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: One of my favorite things about airfocus was the setup process the wizard really guided me through it and I was able to easily setup the software the way I wanted to.
The bubble charts are a big help when it comes to discussing prioritization in-between teams when everyone has a different focus.

Minpunten: When I share a roadmap with a link, I would like to be able to set filters for the receiving persons view of the roadmap.

Trial period

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019
Martin L.
CTO
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I had been using a similar, proprietary tool in my previous work in a consulting and system integration company. Therefore using the tool was very straightforward and easy.
I like the different view, which give you different angles of what one is planning.
Unfortunately I could only spend little time using the tool, so I could not evaluate if the tool would be strong enough for my day to day job.

Pluspunten: - chart view
- customer support
- integration with Trello

Minpunten: - price
- tasks created in airfocus need to be added manually to Trello
- features with similar scores overlap in chart view and become impossible to read

Overall, great tool. They've been responsive and helpful.

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2018
Stephen L.
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy of use. The prioritization tool is awesome. The interface is very intuitive. I really like seeing the roadmap with the score on it.

Minpunten: The chat support is sometimes not very quick to respond. There are a couple features that would make this product even better, like the ability to role multiple items up to a larger item.

Great for product road mapping

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019
Evan D.
Onboarding product manager
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Airfocus has been really helpful in helping us prioritize what we build and promoted better product management practices in our business.

Pluspunten: My product team uses airfocus to scope potential features. It's slick and works really well. We particularly like the chart that demonstrates because it gives a quick overview of which features we should be directing our energy to and which ones we should cut. this also promotes the right behaviours among the team when considering features.

Minpunten: Can take a bit of getting used to, and one of the team had to invest a lot of time into setting it up. Using it a Jira separately can be a bit of a chore, but maybe the Jira integration can help with this?

Intuitive and surprisingly strong strategy platform

Beoordeeld op 22-4-2018
Wera S.
Head of Controlling Health Insurance
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Airfocus is an incredibly useful tool when it comes to scoring and planning of high level projects. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The set-up of my first scoring-document took me about 10 minutes.

Minpunten: So far, I haven't experienced any issues using airfocus. I hope they implement the CSV-Import feature soon.

I have used airfocus since beta launch

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2018
Philipp B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The results are very well in line with what I think is relevant for a successful roadmap. It also uses well know blueprints, which makes it really easy to understand for people with business backgrounds.

Minpunten: Its a little hard in the beginning and you have to dig in at least 15 minutes to get some valid results.