Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Pirate Ship

Pirate Ship is gratis verzendsoftware die de laagste USPS-tarieven biedt zonder opslag. Een uitstekende keuze voor kleine bedrijven.

Meer informatie over Pirate Ship

I love that it has easy software integration with my website. Customer service is quick and friendly.

I am really trying to rack my brain on the negatives of this website. The only negative I can think of is it I did not find out about it sooner.

Beoordelingen van Pirate Ship

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,9

Pirate Ship heeft een totaalscore van 4,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 989 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Pirate Ship eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (989)

Kelly
Kelly

Cheap Shipping, Excellent Customer Service

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I had a great experience with Pirate Ship and their customer service is top notch!

I run several ecommerce websites and I needed a shipping software that would pull orders in from each place, and some marketplaces so that I could run an efficient shipping department. Pirate Ship did that for me. Unfortunately, there was some sort of server level firewall issue with one of my WordPress sites that started blocking the connection. The Pirate Ship customer service team was amazing! They spent a lot of time helping me figure out the issue and explaining what was happening. In the end, it was something my ISP needed to fix and they weren't able to isolate the problem so I had to switch to a different shipping software. I was sad because it's rate to find a company that goes above and beyond like the Pirate Ship team did. I'm hoping I will be able to use them again in the future.

The issue I had wasn't with the software but with my ISP. It was blocking the connection and kept dropping the feed of orders.

Brittany
BHPH and Collections Manager in VS
Automotive, 11-50 werknemers

Best shipping company out there!

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Pirate Ship is SO easy to use. We used Stamps.com for many years. I stumbled on Pirate Ship in my personal life and mentioned it to our [sensitive content hidden]. She said that we could try it. We use Pirate Ship for 95% of our shipping at our company. We send many packages a day, and we have saved SO much money by using them. You can send using USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc.

There is nothing that I have found that I don't like about Pirate Ship.

Olivia
Programs Coordinator in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Best Shipping Management Ever!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

My favorite aspects of Pirate Ship are that they save customer names and information to automatically populate the information when shipping to the same company or person again, they provide shipping prices from the 3 big shipping companies (UPS, USPS, and Fedex) and the different levels of shipping speed, and when a mistake is made on a label it is super easy to refund that label.

The only thing that is slightly annoying about Pirate Ship is that sometimes you can accidentally auto-populate the wrong shipping information, but that is easily handled with their efficient label refund process!

Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Filing an insurance claim? Good luck, be ready to jump through hoops...

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Until now, it was good. I figured they would have my back when this one and the first time I needed their help in an insurance claim for coverage I paid. Has left a poor impression.

Fast website, and decent rates. Responsive tech support means they respond timely not necessarily with helpful information with the constant feedback that they are a small team and can only do so much.

Mediocre tracking information - makes you log in to the website to track packages instead of sending a tracking label link with a receipt. They already have that feature (in other emails sent - for example, in refund emails), but in communicating with their tech support, they said they prefer folks to log in to the website to see the tracking number and won't send it in the receipt emails upon purchase of labels!Filing an insurance claim - they expect you to have pictures of the INSIDE of each box shipped along with the packaging used. Seriously. The picture of the external damaged box and the damaged items or your stellar track record (in over two years of use, never filed a single claim) is insufficient.Person 1, answering your claim request email, doesn't read that the package was insured for $500 and stated that it is insured for $100. When pressed to look carefully, apologizes. Then, person 2 takes over the claim process and asks for all the information person 1 had asked for and was provided with. When asked if they had read the prior correspondence, person 2 responded that they were just confirming the information. Mind you; this is after providing pictures of the damaged items, damaged box, etc.

Jennifer
Partner in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Easy Discount on Shipping Packages

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall great experience would recommend to anyone, i am really not sure how they even get these shipping prices so low but we love it!

It is very easy to use pirate ship to print labels for UPS/USPS but at a discounted price. The application from pirate ship is actually easier than creating a label directly with USPS or UPS directly.

There really are no cons to this service

Mahlon
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great easy way to ship packages for small businesses

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Everything is great with the exception that it doesn't include options to ship via FedEx.

Easy to use. Pay only for labels you print when you print them. None of this prepay stuff like some of the competition.

I really wish they would include FedEx shipping to their options.

Rachel
Co-Owner in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

What a find!

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: One of my employees introduced me to Pirate Ship when I was struggling with finding a way to ship a large painting across the country. What a great service!

The website is clear and easily navigable, and it takes only a couple of minutes to set up a shipment. Pirate Ship will find you the best rate, eliminating running all over town with your package (been there, done that). You can also choose to have the carrier pick up at your business, and know ahead of time exactly how much the shipment will cost.

One time I used it, most of the intransit tracking was provided by the carrier, and seemed to lag actual progress sometimes.

Mary
Research Assistant in VS
Research, 201-500 werknemers

Cheap and Easy way to ship packages

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been using Pirate ship for several years now. This is one of the easiest site to use to ship packages out. It is very helpful and useful.

Pirate ship is user-friendly, easy to use, and straightforward. Fill-in addresses when creating shipping labels. I like that the site offers different cheap alternatives of shipping. They also have an easy tracking system.

I do not have any cons for the Pirate Ship website.

Maria
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Makes shipping easy

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Pirate ship makes shipping easy, it integrates with Etsy but it’s also easy to use for my website. I can copy and paste the address in the provided field and it inputs all the information in the corresponding fields for you. Pricing is much cheaper than going through the post office or UPS.

I have no complaints about pirate ship. I use it often and it has been great.

Olivia
CEO in Canada

Great for startups

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It’s great to use for a new small business but there’s a point where we outgrew it.

Easy to navigate their platform, especially for someone who’s not tech-savvy.

Pricing could be better. I ended up seeking a platform with cheaper shipping options.

Liora
E commerce seller in VS
Consumentengoederen, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great shipping service, no hidden fees

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I’ve switched to Pirate Ship from Stamps.com awhile back and I’m so glad I did. I pay less for shipping now and without hidden fees. I highly recommend Pirate Ship it to anyone in e-commerce.

Pirate Ship has been my go-to for quite a while. With shipping prices going up, it’s become even more important for folks who sell items online like I do. You wanna keep your shipping costs low and you want a service that’s easy to use. Pirate Ship is a winner on both counts. The website is clear and easy to use, there are no hidden fees and you can quickly generate labels. I also kind of like the early-internet feel of the site. For example, when you log in, the site asks you “are you a robot or are you a pirate?” It’s campy and corny in the best of ways.

I would love it if there was better integration with platforms like Facebook and eBay. Right now, I have to copy and paste addresses from these platforms to Pirate Ship. A little more integration could be a huge time saver, especially when I do bulk shipments.

jonathan
proprietor in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Perfect solution for small, home-based users

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've always shipped through USPS click-and-ship (simple at-home print, but $$$ and no FCM), or PayPal (lower rates, cumbersome interface), or ebay (low rates, good integration, but only for ebay). I was unwilling to pay monthly rates for occasional or low-volume FCM, most times I would just pay the higher Priority rate for the convenience of not waiting inline at the post office. Pirate Ship has me finding things to sell and ship, just because it's so easy. Thanks for your money saving "insider" tips, and simple yet comprehensive interface.

Setup and initial use was totally intuitive. The ebay integration was dead-simple (the only one I've used so far). I love the pass-through savings for FCM and priority with no per-month cost. And their videos/tips on how to save $$$ for novice shippers (I'm one), adds immediate value and lowers the bar for entry of new shippers.

A very minor feature request that only emerged after observing just how useful their "reports" tab is. Would be great to customize the reports dashboard to only display (or change the order/layout) of the data fields that are most important tot he individual user.

Stacey
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great shipping program

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Pirate ship is amazing, and gives great rates. It’s works seamlessly with my label printer.

I love the ease of using this software. I love that I can get shipping quotes to send to customers, and I love the pricing discounts.

There isn’t anything I don’t like. This software is the only software I use now.

Crystal
Certified Scentsy Consultant/ Retail Merchandiser in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Total game changer when shipping is involved

5,0 2 jaar geleden

There is nothing to download, no credit card required and you will always save a good amount of money on shipping

For some reason I always have to long in and it would be nice to not have to

Jonathan
Jonathan
Digital Marketing Lead in VS
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Ahoy to cheaper mailing labels and better efficiency

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We're a sock subscription service so Pirate Ship helps us out a lot. It's a great experience that helps us organize our packages and save money.

Cheaper mailing labels than from our default subscription platform. Customer service is fast and pirate themed haha. Also really like the rubber stamps that allow you to print out labels with categories so it's easy to organize.

I cant really think of any cons for this service as it's free and awesome. Did have to wait a little bit for refunds, but that was due to USPS.

Brian
CIO in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Make your other shipping portals walk the plank

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Incredibly responsive support, always on live chat, and they manage expectations (we are back in 10-15 min, here are some limitations, heres the company roadmap). Really a fantastic company and set of guys, and I'm excited to see where they take this company. OR, in pirate speak, Ye mateys always be hoisting a flag when we bring the ship in for repairs, always have a pirate posted to scribe out answers when we leave our brains out at sea, and keep us happy when we are ready to make people walk ye old plank. Great set of plundering fools who deserve all the grog and mead and wenches available, and am excited to see where they cast anchor in the future with the shipping ship, as we would follow them across the seas to plunder where they go!

Ease of use, and savings. Hands down doing side by comparisons, there are significant savings. Also, being able to use the cubic priority function of USPS has been a breeze, and I don't have extra steps to confirm for "delivery." One recent shipment was ~$150 on another platform, and <$100 on PirateShip. SCAN forms for EOD are super easy to find and print, and have made my life a breeze. The individual tracking right now for packages really goes above and beyond what I have seen in the past, and really like the interface on a package level.

No real funcitonal complaints, and definetly nothing that would make me change. Just my $.02 from using it, and this is mostly because I'm lazy: - Push notifications when packages have been delivered in browser or through notification center (personal preference) - App for on the go tracking (personal preference, since I'm not always at the office) - Amazon integration, but I have reached out to the team, and it should be released soon. Again, I'm transferring things manually, but the time it takes to do it manual (just a few min) REALLY makes it worth it when I saw how much time I was saving.

Coty
Coty
CEO in VS
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers

Outstanding product with the best customer service!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Pirate Ship has made bulk shipping, single shipping, and international shipping a breeze! Customer service through them is second to none, and I would highly recommend everyone to give them a chance!

First and foremost, I love the cost. Pirate Ship offers THE BEST prices around to ship, even compared to eBay and PayPal shipping costs when I ship through my store. The customer service is the best you can ever ask for. During the sign up and registration, they were there for me nonstop, every step of the way to make sure I had all of the help I needed!

There aren't many cons about this company, aside from sometimes the prices aren't cheaper, but only by a few cents to a dollar in difference.

April
Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Magic Unicorn of Shipping

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So many problems have been solved with Pirate Ship! Cost of shipping, ease of use, everything!

Using Pirate Ship (along with buying a thermal printer) is up there on my list of most life-changing events of 2020. I've been using the USPS website and my regular laserjet printer for years to ship to my website customers. The USPS website is tedious to use and only lets you ship Priority Mail, and since early in the pandemic I've been offering free shipping to customers, so those shipping costs were adding up quickly. I tried Stamps.com years ago, but found the "membership" fee too costly and I didn't like how their program worked. I'm so incredibly excited that I found Pirate Ship. I can ship using First Class Mail, the shipping is so easy and quick, and it works great with my new thermal printer. My shipping costs and time are literally half or even less what they were before. All of the shipments I have made are right there when I log in, so I can see if everything has arrived at its destination. So far I haven't found a single thing to complain about. I only wish I'd found them sooner. I keep trying to figure out if there's some sort of catch, like this really seems too good to be true...but from everything I've gathered Pirate Ship is really just a magic unicorn who has partially redeemed 2020 for me. So, thanks!

So far I have found no cons! I will mention that after reading Pirate Ship's recommendations for thermal printers, I went ahead and purchased a Rollo printer, despite the fact that they do not recommend it. I was very limited in what thermal printer I could buy because I am using Ecoenclose 100% recyclable 4"x6" labels, and they only work with a few printers. I haven't had a single problem with the printer, labels, or using Pirate Ship to print them.

PMF Agent in VS

Get aboard PIRATESHIP and save $$$

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am a relatively small ebay seller, but ever since another seller told me about Pirate Ship, I have done ALL of my shipping here. Integration with my ebay account was easy, and the labels even look better than when I used to print from ebay (no dotted lines to trim away and no annoying promotional message that ebay likes to tack on). I really appreciate the savings I get with the Cubic Rate Priority--- that alone is worth using it. Overall, a fun and easy site to use and savings are AWESOME!

I love the SAVINGS, especially with Cubic Rate Priority Mail, which has saved me about $2 on every shipment that qualifies. This is the only software that passes these awesome savings on to us -- woo hoo! I also love that the response time is super quick if I submit a question. Great customer service!

Only thing that could be better is automatically importing ebay's Global Shipping Program sales. I don't have a whole bunch of them, and there is an easy workaround by doing a manual label and just copying the address (GSP always goes to Kentucky).

Bente
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

PirateShip and WooCommerce - missing split order feature

4,0 2 jaar geleden

PS integrates easily with WooCommerce. You can also directly open a WC order from the PS entry. There is quite some customization possible and the app is not hard to use. Customer Support is mostly friendly and helpful.

PS does not have the option to split an order over multiple shipments. This is very common for us. We ship (heavy) books and we often have to split an order over 2 or 3 boxes. There is a workaround for this, but it is not very charming since the second shipment is not linked to the WC order anymore. And the only way to provide the customer with the extra tracking codes is to manually copy & paste them into WC. It is even worse when you have different timing of shipments. E.g. we sell books on pre-order and people combine available books with pre-orders. So we need to split one order in a shipment that is sent immediately and one that will be shipped months later. The only way to do this with PS is to manually switch the WC order back to Processing and at time of shipping the pre-orders, track any that do not show up in PS. (PS does not re-import an order once you have bought a shipping label for it). For us this is a serious limitation. If Endicia would sync with WC (it says it does, but it does not) then we would go back to Endicia.

samantha

Love pirateship

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall been great. No plans to leave.

Pirateship is amazing! Not only is it free but it syncs with shopify, easy to navigate to find shipments, reports, file a dispute, add features & more. Their customer service is also very friendly and answers fast!

I wish they'd join up with fedex, too!!

Katie
CEO/Founder in VS

Best Shipping Program Available!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Pirate ship makes keeping track of my shipments easy! The integrate with multiple shop platforms so I can seamlessly import my labels as batches. I can save my most commonly used settings and can pull up addresses we've shipped to before with just a name or email address. They have the best pricing I've found and for a subscription box company that ships hundreds of boxes a month that savings add up quickly. Their customer service is EXCELLENT and they are continuously adding new features and functionality.

I can't think of a single downside to using Pirate Ship! It really is a superior program ran by awesome people truly interested in their customer experience.

Jennifer
Kleding en mode, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Pirate Ship seems to have a Easy Button for Shipping Management

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: PirateShip has saved me so much money, time, and nonsense. No monthly fees. Great reporting features.

Everything about PirateShip is easy including accessing support when you need it.

I wish it was integrated with CommentSold - that is on my wishlist.

bri
assistant manager in VS
Medische praktijk, 51-200 werknemers

pirate ship review

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: great would recommend to anyone especially anyone who owns and ships for their small business. it really keeps the profits a little higher when not wasted on expensive shipping

i like how cheap it is compared to doing usps or any other shipping services it is also very user friendly. the tracking and updates are great and the easy printing of the labels.

sometimes the weight can be a little off so pirate ship will charge you one price at the beginning and then when the package is actually weighed and shipped it will charges you the difference. is it usually minimal and only off by a few cents/maybe a dollar.

Daniel
it in VS
Computernetwerken, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Simple to get reduced Shipping costs as advertised

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It has saved a lot in the cost in USPS shipping, even though the Post Office is just down the street

Easy to get shipping labels for services like USPS or UPS for shipping items for my business. It has reduced costs

Some times the labels provided to do not work well with my laser label printer, resulting in multiple prints but label is not a one-time printed, only when its shipped