Over Mural

Oplossing voor werken op afstand die bedrijven helpt bij het plannen, brainstormen en ontwerpen van ideeën of workflows in een gezamenlijke werkruimte met behulp van diagrammen.

Meer informatie over Mural

Pluspunten:

It’s an intuitively designed easy to use virtual whiteboarding tool that comes with templates that you can use for exercises that you might want to run.

Minpunten:

Sometimes the web visualization gets stuck or shows blank boards where they should have content, but a quick page refresh generally fixes it.

Beoordelingen van Mural

Gemiddelde score

Gebruiksgemak
4,4
Klantenservice
4,5
Functies
4,4
Waar voor je geld
4,2

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling

8,4/10

Mural heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 102 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Mural eerder gebruikt?

Deel je ervaringen met andere softwarekopers.

Reviews filteren (102)

Noemi
Researcher
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Research, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Perfect way to keep people engaged

5,0 vorig jaar
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Stefan
CRO Specialist in Duitsland
Verzekeringen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Ideaal voor teams die op afstand werken

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We zijn met deze tool in aanraking gekomen tijdens de corona pandemie. We waren niet in staat om een goede brainstorm te houden op afstand. Mural heeft hier verandering in gebracht. Geweldig! De kwaliteit en productiviteit van brainstorms zijn net zo hoog als een fysieke meeting.

Pluspunten:

Deze tool is echt geweldig. Tijdens de corona pandemie waren we in staat om goede brainstorms te organiseren op afstand. Iedereen in het team dacht dat dit niet kon, maar het tegendeel is bewezen. Iedereen kan post-its plakken, je kunt onafhankelijk van elkaar voten etc. Ik raad iedereen deze tool aan die een goede brainstorm wilt organiseren op afstand.

Minpunten:

Het nadeel aan Mural vind ik de user management. Soms zijn er meerdere teamleden ingelogd op hetzelfde account, waardoor je voor elkaar gaat stemmen. Ik zou het fijn vinden als er een signaal werd afgegeven dat er al iemand is ingelogd op het account. Dat ontbreekt nu.

Daniel
Daniel
Lullaby in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

No other Product Even Comes Close

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This tool achieves many problems and is suitable for everyday use, personal use, small groups, and large working groups. Personal Use: visual organization and planning Small Groups: can quickly move ideas into visual representations that make it very easy to share with other people. MURAL's often become the foundation for projects which people come back to time and time again. It is very satisfying to collaborate with colleagues in this way as much of the applications we use day to day are only design for single users. Workshops: MURAL is powerful when put in the hands of a facillitator who can then guide a group of people through experiential learning and discussions which lead to emergent thinking and non-intuitive insights. Visual Documentation: Over the years I have become very proficient as a visual note taker in mural and can listen to speaker or meeting proceed and capture the meeting in a visually engaging way.

Pluspunten:

Mural is hands down the most versatile visual communication tool available today. What I love the most is that I can use the tool every day and that its easy enough for most people to get the hang of within a few minutes, allowing anyone to interact in high fidelity.

Minpunten:

The one thing I don't like about Mural is that some people aren't pro users—I wish everyone were =) Also wish that MURALs could be a first class object in GSuite's Drive =)

Nick
Service Designer in Nederland
Marktonderzoek, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Mural is the corporate version of Miro, it feels sluggish and uninspiring

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It's for online collaboration mostly.

Pluspunten:

It does what it says on the tin. You can still manage your way around in the app, it's just that it doesn't inspire much in the way Miro does. Templates are unappealing, fonts are unappealing and it takes effort to adjust everything to your own liking, more than it should.

Minpunten:

I just really miss using Miro to be honest. Mural has everything Miro has, but in a lesser form. It's like Powerpoint vs Keynote. Powerpoint definitely will get the job done but if you want to have more control or use advanced features you will want to use Keynote. As a designer I miss that in Mural. In that same fashion, Mural also allows you to have more administrative rights over others, just like Powerpoint can force you to use company templates in limited ways.

Audrey
Content Architect in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Good, but not made for designers

3,0 5 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

Mural is pretty good and usable, but there are some limitations for certain people/workflows. It’s definitely tailored toward people who host workshops, retros, etc., so if you’re doing that, I think Mural will be perfect for you. It’s got an integrated timer and tons of templates you can choose from. Oh! And I appreciate whoever’s idea it was to name every single color. :)

Minpunten:

Making a table or grid is impossible. I use Mural mostly for sharing copy-related work so there’s a lot of text heavy stuff I need to write in there. Making my own table takes so much time (is the connection tool technically the line tool????) but that’s the best way for me to organize info a lot of the time. Also frustrating is double-clicking and creating a sticky note instead of a text box. If there was a way to change this default option, it would save me a LOT of time. Infinite Canvas is a great addition but can we lower the opacity on the dot grid? It is very loud.

Alexander
Alexander
Entrepreneur in Zuid-Afrika
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Bron van de reviewer

Highly Improved Visual Communication

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

Brainstorming has never been easier. The learning curve is quite simple. Really love how I can customize my workspace according to my preferences, easy set-up, and plus the templates provided really stand out.

Minpunten:

As far as I have been using it, I don't recall ever having any problems with Mural. I'd highly recommend it to a lot of people.

Geverifieerde reviewer
Managing Director in Griekenland
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Mijnbouw en metalen, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1-5 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Excellent planning tool - a bit challenging online collaboration

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, the sessions we have used Mural were very productive and in some cases we were provided with insight (from the guides) that would not be part of our original options. This is an excellent feature that elevates our performance.

Pluspunten:

1. Many templates and guides to use out of the box - excellent! 2. A team can be introduced / onboarded easily, especially with the self-explanatory guides

Minpunten:

1. The app is heavy for online collaboration when there is an issue with limited bandwidth for example

Overwogen alternatieven: Creately

Redenen om voor Mural te kiezen: We wanted to use a visual collaboration tool with many options/templates to accommodate different needs within the same app.

Overgestapt van: Notion

Princess
Business Analyst in Filipijnen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1-5 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

A fun way to collaborate

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Using Mural allows ideas to flow easily, really effective in brainstorming. You just put in ideas via sticky notes or place text in shapes or photos then members can organize them the way they want to. Definitely it is a fresh way of exploring creativity within the team.

Pluspunten:

Mural makes collaboration enjoyable as you can be creative on how your boards would look like. Your board for today's design thiking can be transformed to a fresher more creative layout the next day. Truly, sky is the imit with Mural!

Minpunten:

The flexibility it brings when it comes to real-time updates especially for multiple users make the board a bit unorganized which is why locking objects should be easily accesible anytime and keyboard shortcuts should be presented easily in tutorials.

Sabina
Graphic Designer in Slowakije
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1-5 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Mural for small teams

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

Mural is similar to many other products but I like it the most because of the simple and clean user interface. Collaboration with team was never that easy and even the shyest people feel free to share ideas.

Minpunten:

Sometimes when you write too much text to sticky note, it becomes unreadable

Paul
General Manager in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1-5 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Mind-mapping made easy

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

I find Mural to be a simple way to visually collaborate and map ideas (and their interconnectedness) across colleagues and x-functional stakeholders. It’s not too “busy” with features, but still allows for categorization and sub-categorization of ideas and details.

Minpunten:

Mural can be a bit difficult to navigate when you have a LOT of ideas plotted on the same “sheet”. Requires certain degrees of zooming and scrolling that can be burdensome.

Peppe
Designer in Italië
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1-5 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Ottimo prodotto annotazioni, schemi mentali e brainstorming

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Pluspunten:

Un valido prodotto per la creazione di mappe mentali/mappe concettuali e per fare brainstorming online, molto utile l'opzione di poter seguire le azioni di un utente selezionando la sua icona

Minpunten:

Al momento non ho riscontrato grosse problematiche

Amira
Site Architect in Jordanië
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A great way to come up with creative answers to a variety of problems without a lot of meetings.

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We were able to get around a lot of the roadblocks that were getting in the way of our proposed solutions to the issues we were having with the help of MURAL. When everyone is working on the solution, there is no need for many meetings or emails because the method of operations and notes are clearly communicated to everyone.

Pluspunten:

Simple to use, it has a wide range of capabilities to make it useful during the entire process of preparation, planning, and execution. MuRAL's biggest feature is that it has a dependable and easy-to-use interface that team members may tailor to fit their needs. You can interact successfully with people who aren't on your team using MURAL because they don't need an account to be able to do so, and their thoughts can be included on the boards we are working on. It's more easier and more pleasurable to work with MURAL because of the front-end presentation style and pre-made templates. What I like most about our whiteboard brainstorming session is that it allows us to better comprehend the scope of the project and discover creative solutions for any overlaps. As a result, I appreciate that we can categorize our cards and designate certain cards for specific team members to ensure that everyone is on the same page, and I also appreciate how simple it is for me to switch between several boards.

Minpunten:

Few drawbacks exist; the strength of MURAL will be evident as an integrated system for all operations and meetings within the institution as team members' acceptance of the system and their response to the topics and plans we wish to discuss with it grow.

Gianluca
Designer in Italië
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

A great tool with some improvement needed

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mural is a great tool, generally speaking I am happy with it. It misses some feature (sometimes basic ones) that would make our work easier and faster especially in the configuration of new murals and organization of large rooms.

Pluspunten:

As a designer I use Mural daily to run co-design workshop with dozens of people. The simplicity of the tool makes it easy to understand and use even for people that are not much into technology. A couple of features I particularly appreciate are the content library (even though should be improved) and the possibility to multiple templates from different companies. Also che call feature looks interesting even though I never used it so far.

Minpunten:

There are things that needs improvement fast. I'll list a few. 1. Rooms should allow to sort murals in alphabetical order and to have a simple list visualization. Also names should not be cut like they are now (the only way to see the full name is via the tooltip) 2. Rooms and archive in my opinion are not enough to organize murals. It would be way better to have rooms and then the possibility to organize murals in folders inside a room. 3. It should be much easier to change the room/mural permissions. We often have sessions with dozens of people but only a few of them should have the possibility to edit. At the moment there is no bulk way to change the view only/edit permission 4. Grouping elements inside a mural should be enhanced. At the moment you cannot have a group of groups and that makes it harder to keep a logical architecture of the elements in a mural 5. At the moment there is no specific feature to create schemes or diagrams. We really would love that. 6. It would be much easier sometimes to have the possibility to specify the object size manually. 7. Content library needs to be improved to be really useful. Elements needs folders for a better organization.

Angel
ELV Presales Engineer in Jordanië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A magical whiteboard to collect and arrange ideas and find appropriate solutions

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: MURAL has enabled us to keep meetings open and untimed, it has also enabled us to ensure the participation of all team members and also their approval of the proposed schemes, no matter where they are located. Brainstorming schemes helped us to collect ideas and arrange them in a distinctive way, and this helped a lot in understanding the needs and always finding appropriate solutions.

Pluspunten:

MURAL helps team members stay connected and collaborate to stay on schedule. The MURAL whiteboard is great for brainstorming and arranging interactive sessions. I adore using emojis, shapes, and colors to develop a workflow model or collect team members' opinions and perceptions on a topic for third-party sharing. I like how MURAL lets us prepare Proto-Personas, Prioritize, and Experience Map with team members. It's expressive, accurate, and describes our issue well. I like MURAL's ability to organize cards into categories and assign cards to team members so everyone is on the same page. I like that MURAL has an intuitive interface that everyone can adopt to quickly, and the presence of several ready-made templates helps prepare the proper form for the topic we're discussing. I particularly like that final renderings may be exported as an image or PDF file for simple distribution.

Minpunten:

In all honesty, it's not about finding something you might hate with MURAL, as it's like a magical drawing tablet that enables everyone to share and collaborate in all circumstances and with ease.

Heath
Product Manager in VS
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Nothing else like it!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My organization is new to visual thinking, design thinking and collaborative decision making. Mural has been a powerful driver of cultural change. They are constantly on the leading edge of how you can get more from their model and their platform. If you do any design thinking or want to make decisions transparently and quickly...get Mural now.
Its more than whiteboarding - it's about thinking out loud!

Pluspunten:

Mural is a powerful collaboration tool that can be mistaken as a "virtual whiteboard". Which it is. But doing any collaborative decision making, doing any kind of design thinking, with remote teams is so much better with Mural than any other collaboration tool (webex, teams, etc).

Minpunten:

Sometimes, for some users, there is a slight learning curve. So make sure for those users who are new to the tool, give them some prep work - create a Playground for them and be very intent on how you lock down the Mural so reduce any confusion they might have.

Noemi
Researcher in VS
Research, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

The perfect place to make sense of your mind

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, mural is my go-to for sense making - both of my own thoughts and those of a group. Its a perfect, no frills, low-risk way to get ideas down on paper and analyze, refine, synthesize. It moves my work forward tremendously. For people who are visual or external processors like myself - it's an excellent tool to facilitate these processes.

Pluspunten:

I love that mural gives me the tools to dump my ideas into one place and sort them. They offer great templates that give me a way to get started without being intimidated, and I love that I can invite coworkers in this space to see my thinking and to document their thinking there as well. Great springboard for conversations.

Minpunten:

Sometimes I get a bit confused with the level of zoom and the amount of space available. I sometimes feel like my level of zoom and the sizing of the post its is not calibrated. it's hard to know how much to zoom in so that I can still read what's on sticky notes while still seeing the surrounding ones.

Geverifieerde reviewer
PMO Manager in Mexico
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Informatiediensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Excellent tool for ideation and collaborative processes

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: At the top of the tools that I use for collaborative process. I compare with other tools as Miro and Lucidchart and Mural is the best for far.

Pluspunten:

The tool includes many functionalities to share ideas and customize boards for almost any king of collaborative process (Design Thinking, Agile Ceremonies, Kanban boards, etc).

Minpunten:

Maybe simplicity of the tools, when you are using the tool for a long time and get familirez with it, you going to need some strongest functionalities ir order to cover more ideas that come to you during the creation of boards.

Andrea
Andrea
Solution Designer in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Great for remote work

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: We use it for building out the roadmap, workshops and ideation.

Pluspunten:

I love that you can create workshops from templates, you can have people vote, you can build out roadmaps, and you can have a ton of people collaborating at the same time. It really makes remote collaboration possible.

Minpunten:

The links. It's not clear when stuff is linked because it just shows a small link icon in the bottom of the card.

Ashish
Ashish
UX Designer in India
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Internet, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

One of the best tool for remote collaboration

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far the experience has been smooth and rewarding, You don't need to travel to brainstorm ideas quickly with your remote teams or planning​ a project with teams in multiple locations.

Pluspunten:

Gone are are the days when you have to be co-located to run a workshop or collaborate with remote product teams, you can now think and collaborate visually anywhere anytime. I love how it mimics the real world experience of brainstorming, project planning or synthesizing the data, a lot of data. It does it all in real time without the needs of the team to be co-located. If you are new to design thinking, they already have the readily available template which can be used to run a workshop or just brainstorm the ideas. It works better on laptops/desktops but the best on touchscreen​ devices. A dream setup would be giant touch screens in all the locations.

Minpunten:

Downloading the date for offline use takes time, It sends download link on registered email id. Time taken for that email to hit your inbox is not consistent, sometimes you get it within seconds and sometimes it takes minutes.

Kalavati
Project Manager in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Great Platform for Effective Collaboration

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Pluspunten:

1) Ready to use templates (Business, retro) 2) No need to register 3) Easy to use 4) Helpful customer support

Minpunten:

UI has room for improvisation The current UI looks clutter Need to motivate folks to use Mural

Geverifieerde reviewer
Writer & Designer in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

The digital whiteboard for the 21st century

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mural has helped our organization up the collaborative and interactive quotient to virtual meetings. It functions similarly to a whiteboard, but in the digital space. No more taking pictures of notes and trying to digitize them later. We just work directly in Mural and can even screenshare to see the space developing and growing in real-time. It helps us organize and align our thoughts as a team, while providing an artifact for later reference.

Pluspunten:

Mural is the thing you don't think you need and resist paying for or trying because you just don't need one more digital tool in your life and workflow. Until you experience it and realize you were so wrong. It's the one tool you actually can't live without. The concept is simple: a free space to create with a simple range of options (mostly text boxes and post-it notes). Think of it like a digital whiteboard. Then try to imagine life and meetings without a physical whiteboard. Exactly.

Minpunten:

The range of options for what you can add to a Mural is somewhat limited, but that's a key part of its success. Having too many options would be paralyzing. Once you master the basic controls and options, the sky is the limit for what you can do. Lots of templates are available to help you get started or inspire you with what others have done and the Mural team is always offering support and webinars to help you explore the tool more deeply. One thing that has frustrated new users is getting the hang of controls especially if you are using on a computer (mouse vs trackpad controls are a bit different). But that is easily solved if you can get over your initial discomfort and commit to learning something new.

Leonardo
CEO | CTO in Ecuador
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Mural is one of the best collaboration tools you can find

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

We use it for everything, standup, retrospectives, mind mapping, online collaboration and much more. There are a lot of great templates.

Minpunten:

It is expensive and some templates are tricky to use.

Overwogen alternatieven: Miro

I Heng
Teacher in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Looking for an online whiteboard, I discovered much more when I found Mural

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Mural is literally the one software product that I started using for remote learning but continue to use even when teaching in person because I believe it truly supports collaboration, brainstorming, and mind mapping. I actually tried many other products and none of them comes even close to Mural for these purposes, for its ease of use, and for its flexibility.

Pluspunten:

When teachers ask me if I have any go-to tools for remote learning, I always tell them about Mural. During a difficult year adapting to the challenges of teaching online, Mural was a bright spot because although I had only been looking for an online whiteboard, what my students get when they use Mural is so much more. 1) It's easy to use...my students were able to find and use the tools without instructions or guides. 2) It offers many ways to express and connect ideas with a palette of tools and a convenient interface. 3) The facilitator can build custom thinkspaces or choose from a variety of templates, and also decide what elements to lock in place. 4) There are different participation levels, including the "visitor" level which allows anyone with the link to join a collaboration. 5) The "wall" space is giant...I have never run out of space, and easy navigation and zooming provide easy access to the whole space.

Minpunten:

The only aspect I've found a bit challenging for those new to Mural is that sticky notes or text boxes sometimes pop up in unexpected places. As a facilitator, I sometimes have to roam around and delete unused elements that participants created but didn't find.

Özen
PSPO in Turkije
Olie en energie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Makes Online Meetings More Effective

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Before Mural, longer online workshops were not effective. Many attendees were losing their focus and the meetings were transforming into inefficient gathering activities. With Mural, we keep all attendees alive and interactive. You can reach working canvas where ever you are and especially voting feature makes easier to get mutual decisions in a democratic environment.

Pluspunten:

It allows all participants to work together and collaboratively at the same time. It is easy to use

Minpunten:

I would like to have more templates to use. An open library would be beneficial to adopt this software easier.

Rob
Technical Innovation Leader in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Mural enables easy digital collaboration from novices to pros

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been able to grow with mural and explore new worlds of collaboration ... both enhancing face to face workshops and enabling remote collaborators to have equal voices. Support from the mural team to help us explore new ways to effectively collaborate (not just use their software) have been compelling.

Pluspunten:

I really appreciate how easy it is to dive in and get started with little complexity or knowledge. Drop some stickies on an empty whiteboard and you're off ... or play with templates, voting, and other advanced features to drive amazing new collaborations that are only possible in the digital world.

Minpunten:

In the past, I have disliked the lack of feature parity between web and mobile versions. That has recently improved.

Nathan
Senior Service Designer in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Managementconsulting, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Digital-first collaboration

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MURAL brings the whiteboard and the design studio wall online so that I can collaborate with clients and colleagues around the world. Now my entire workflow is in a digital medium, so I can a lot of efficiency that way.

Pluspunten:

I love that I can send anyone a link to a MURAL board and within 5 minutes they're totally comfortable using it. Yet beyond its simple on-boarding experience is a lot of flexibility that supports a wide variety of use cases.

Minpunten:

There are some small interaction details reduce elegance: I'm not crazy about how its arrows/lines connect to notes/shapes. And it's hard to have a consistent typographic hierarchy, because text scales with shapes, and there's no other way to control type size.