Over Mural

Oplossing voor werken op afstand die bedrijven helpt bij het plannen, brainstormen en ontwerpen van ideeën of workflows in een gezamenlijke werkruimte met behulp van diagrammen.

Meer informatie over Mural

It’s an intuitively designed easy to use virtual whiteboarding tool that comes with templates that you can use for exercises that you might want to run.

Sometimes the web visualization gets stuck or shows blank boards where they should have content, but a quick page refresh generally fixes it.

Beoordelingen van Mural

Waar voor je geld

Mural heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 87 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Mural eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (87)

Daniel S.
Daniel S.
Lullaby in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

No other Product Even Comes Close

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This tool achieves many problems and is suitable for everyday use, personal use, small groups, and large working groups. Personal Use: visual organization and planning Small Groups: can quickly move ideas into visual representations that make it very easy to share with other people. MURAL's often become the foundation for projects which people come back to time and time again. It is very satisfying to collaborate with colleagues in this way as much of the applications we use day to day are only design for single users. Workshops: MURAL is powerful when put in the hands of a facillitator who can then guide a group of people through experiential learning and discussions which lead to emergent thinking and non-intuitive insights. Visual Documentation: Over the years I have become very proficient as a visual note taker in mural and can listen to speaker or meeting proceed and capture the meeting in a visually engaging way.

Mural is hands down the most versatile visual communication tool available today. What I love the most is that I can use the tool every day and that its easy enough for most people to get the hang of within a few minutes, allowing anyone to interact in high fidelity.

The one thing I don't like about Mural is that some people aren't pro users—I wish everyone were =) Also wish that MURALs could be a first class object in GSuite's Drive =)

Nick S.
Service Designer in Nederland
Marktonderzoek, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Mural is the corporate version of Miro, it feels sluggish and uninspiring

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It's for online collaboration mostly.

It does what it says on the tin. You can still manage your way around in the app, it's just that it doesn't inspire much in the way Miro does. Templates are unappealing, fonts are unappealing and it takes effort to adjust everything to your own liking, more than it should.

I just really miss using Miro to be honest. Mural has everything Miro has, but in a lesser form. It's like Powerpoint vs Keynote. Powerpoint definitely will get the job done but if you want to have more control or use advanced features you will want to use Keynote. As a designer I miss that in Mural. In that same fashion, Mural also allows you to have more administrative rights over others, just like Powerpoint can force you to use company templates in limited ways.

Angel R.
ELV Presales Engineer in Jordanië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

A magical whiteboard to collect and arrange ideas and find appropriate solutions

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: MURAL has enabled us to keep meetings open and untimed, it has also enabled us to ensure the participation of all team members and also their approval of the proposed schemes, no matter where they are located. Brainstorming schemes helped us to collect ideas and arrange them in a distinctive way, and this helped a lot in understanding the needs and always finding appropriate solutions.

MURAL helps team members stay connected and collaborate to stay on schedule. The MURAL whiteboard is great for brainstorming and arranging interactive sessions. I adore using emojis, shapes, and colors to develop a workflow model or collect team members' opinions and perceptions on a topic for third-party sharing. I like how MURAL lets us prepare Proto-Personas, Prioritize, and Experience Map with team members. It's expressive, accurate, and describes our issue well. I like MURAL's ability to organize cards into categories and assign cards to team members so everyone is on the same page. I like that MURAL has an intuitive interface that everyone can adopt to quickly, and the presence of several ready-made templates helps prepare the proper form for the topic we're discussing. I particularly like that final renderings may be exported as an image or PDF file for simple distribution.

In all honesty, it's not about finding something you might hate with MURAL, as it's like a magical drawing tablet that enables everyone to share and collaborate in all circumstances and with ease.

Derek O.
Principal in Spanje
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

Mural Good for One Time Use But NOT a Long Term Strategy

3,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Easy at first, but really not good for business processes and long term scalability

Easy to access, and get everyone onto the platform. Fun animal names were a nice touch. The interface has improved over time but is fundamentally flawed.

Was a glorified whiteboard. For the price we would pay to support the business, Mural would do little more for us than to provide a simple whiteboard to put down ideas and discuss. Although this is nice to get ideas out there - it lacks the ability to create structure and keep things organized over time. Would find ourselves consistently looking for information as it was lost - not sure how we could've implemented the software in a valuable way in the long term.

Overwogen alternatieven: Miro

Redenen om over te stappen op Mural: We tried Mural for a few months but didn't find we could've used it long term and lacked a lot of the IP some other software was offering us at the time.

PMO Manager in Mexico
Informatiediensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Excellent tool for ideation and collaborative processes

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: At the top of the tools that I use for collaborative process. I compare with other tools as Miro and Lucidchart and Mural is the best for far.

The tool includes many functionalities to share ideas and customize boards for almost any king of collaborative process (Design Thinking, Agile Ceremonies, Kanban boards, etc).

Maybe simplicity of the tools, when you are using the tool for a long time and get familirez with it, you going to need some strongest functionalities ir order to cover more ideas that come to you during the creation of boards.

Managing Director in Griekenland
Mijnbouw en metalen, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent planning tool - a bit challenging online collaboration

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the sessions we have used Mural were very productive and in some cases we were provided with insight (from the guides) that would not be part of our original options. This is an excellent feature that elevates our performance.

1. Many templates and guides to use out of the box - excellent! 2. A team can be introduced / onboarded easily, especially with the self-explanatory guides

1. The app is heavy for online collaboration when there is an issue with limited bandwidth for example

Overwogen alternatieven: Creately

Redenen om voor Mural te kiezen: We wanted to use a visual collaboration tool with many options/templates to accommodate different needs within the same app.

Overgestapt van: Notion

Amira D.
Site Architect in Jordanië
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A great way to come up with creative answers to a variety of problems without a lot of meetings.

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We were able to get around a lot of the roadblocks that were getting in the way of our proposed solutions to the issues we were having with the help of MURAL. When everyone is working on the solution, there is no need for many meetings or emails because the method of operations and notes are clearly communicated to everyone.

Simple to use, it has a wide range of capabilities to make it useful during the entire process of preparation, planning, and execution. MuRAL's biggest feature is that it has a dependable and easy-to-use interface that team members may tailor to fit their needs. You can interact successfully with people who aren't on your team using MURAL because they don't need an account to be able to do so, and their thoughts can be included on the boards we are working on. It's more easier and more pleasurable to work with MURAL because of the front-end presentation style and pre-made templates. What I like most about our whiteboard brainstorming session is that it allows us to better comprehend the scope of the project and discover creative solutions for any overlaps. As a result, I appreciate that we can categorize our cards and designate certain cards for specific team members to ensure that everyone is on the same page, and I also appreciate how simple it is for me to switch between several boards.

Few drawbacks exist; the strength of MURAL will be evident as an integrated system for all operations and meetings within the institution as team members' acceptance of the system and their response to the topics and plans we wish to discuss with it grow.

Andrea H.
Andrea H.
Solution Designer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Great for remote work

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We use it for building out the roadmap, workshops and ideation.

I love that you can create workshops from templates, you can have people vote, you can build out roadmaps, and you can have a ton of people collaborating at the same time. It really makes remote collaboration possible.

The links. It's not clear when stuff is linked because it just shows a small link icon in the bottom of the card.

Leonardo V.
CEO | CTO in Ecuador
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Mural is one of the best collaboration tools you can find

4,0 2 maanden geleden

We use it for everything, standup, retrospectives, mind mapping, online collaboration and much more. There are a lot of great templates.

It is expensive and some templates are tricky to use.

Overwogen alternatieven: Miro

Principal Software Development Engineer in India
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Mural Experience

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The overall experience was very good with mural, tried it brainstorm a project idea.

1. Free plan available to try and use the software 2. Nice and clean ui to design things 3. So many templates available to start using it and we can also create our own template 4. There is a learning tab to know things about mural

1. Free plan has only 3 mural 2. They should improve the learning tab add search , filter and categories to learn to a specific need

Gianluca C.
Designer in Italië
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

A great tool with some improvement needed

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mural is a great tool, generally speaking I am happy with it. It misses some feature (sometimes basic ones) that would make our work easier and faster especially in the configuration of new murals and organization of large rooms.

As a designer I use Mural daily to run co-design workshop with dozens of people. The simplicity of the tool makes it easy to understand and use even for people that are not much into technology. A couple of features I particularly appreciate are the content library (even though should be improved) and the possibility to multiple templates from different companies. Also che call feature looks interesting even though I never used it so far.

There are things that needs improvement fast. I'll list a few. 1. Rooms should allow to sort murals in alphabetical order and to have a simple list visualization. Also names should not be cut like they are now (the only way to see the full name is via the tooltip) 2. Rooms and archive in my opinion are not enough to organize murals. It would be way better to have rooms and then the possibility to organize murals in folders inside a room. 3. It should be much easier to change the room/mural permissions. We often have sessions with dozens of people but only a few of them should have the possibility to edit. At the moment there is no bulk way to change the view only/edit permission 4. Grouping elements inside a mural should be enhanced. At the moment you cannot have a group of groups and that makes it harder to keep a logical architecture of the elements in a mural 5. At the moment there is no specific feature to create schemes or diagrams. We really would love that. 6. It would be much easier sometimes to have the possibility to specify the object size manually. 7. Content library needs to be improved to be really useful. Elements needs folders for a better organization.

Heath M.
Product Manager in VS
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Nothing else like it!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My organization is new to visual thinking, design thinking and collaborative decision making. Mural has been a powerful driver of cultural change. They are constantly on the leading edge of how you can get more from their model and their platform. If you do any design thinking or want to make decisions transparently and quickly...get Mural now.
Its more than whiteboarding - it's about thinking out loud!

Mural is a powerful collaboration tool that can be mistaken as a "virtual whiteboard". Which it is. But doing any collaborative decision making, doing any kind of design thinking, with remote teams is so much better with Mural than any other collaboration tool (webex, teams, etc).

Sometimes, for some users, there is a slight learning curve. So make sure for those users who are new to the tool, give them some prep work - create a Playground for them and be very intent on how you lock down the Mural so reduce any confusion they might have.

Noemi M.
Researcher in VS
Research, 51-200 werknemers

The perfect place to make sense of your mind

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, mural is my go-to for sense making - both of my own thoughts and those of a group. Its a perfect, no frills, low-risk way to get ideas down on paper and analyze, refine, synthesize. It moves my work forward tremendously. For people who are visual or external processors like myself - it's an excellent tool to facilitate these processes.

I love that mural gives me the tools to dump my ideas into one place and sort them. They offer great templates that give me a way to get started without being intimidated, and I love that I can invite coworkers in this space to see my thinking and to document their thinking there as well. Great springboard for conversations.

Sometimes I get a bit confused with the level of zoom and the amount of space available. I sometimes feel like my level of zoom and the sizing of the post its is not calibrated. it's hard to know how much to zoom in so that I can still read what's on sticky notes while still seeing the surrounding ones.

Ashish V.
Ashish V.
UX Designer in India
Internet, 10.000+ werknemers

One of the best tool for remote collaboration

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far the experience has been smooth and rewarding, You don't need to travel to brainstorm ideas quickly with your remote teams or planning​ a project with teams in multiple locations.

Gone are are the days when you have to be co-located to run a workshop or collaborate with remote product teams, you can now think and collaborate visually anywhere anytime. I love how it mimics the real world experience of brainstorming, project planning or synthesizing the data, a lot of data. It does it all in real time without the needs of the team to be co-located. If you are new to design thinking, they already have the readily available template which can be used to run a workshop or just brainstorm the ideas. It works better on laptops/desktops but the best on touchscreen​ devices. A dream setup would be giant touch screens in all the locations.

Downloading the date for offline use takes time, It sends download link on registered email id. Time taken for that email to hit your inbox is not consistent, sometimes you get it within seconds and sometimes it takes minutes.

Kalavati S.
Project Manager in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great Platform for Effective Collaboration

5,0 vorig jaar

1) Ready to use templates (Business, retro) 2) No need to register 3) Easy to use 4) Helpful customer support

UI has room for improvisation The current UI looks clutter Need to motivate folks to use Mural

Writer & Designer in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers

The digital whiteboard for the 21st century

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mural has helped our organization up the collaborative and interactive quotient to virtual meetings. It functions similarly to a whiteboard, but in the digital space. No more taking pictures of notes and trying to digitize them later. We just work directly in Mural and can even screenshare to see the space developing and growing in real-time. It helps us organize and align our thoughts as a team, while providing an artifact for later reference.

Mural is the thing you don't think you need and resist paying for or trying because you just don't need one more digital tool in your life and workflow. Until you experience it and realize you were so wrong. It's the one tool you actually can't live without. The concept is simple: a free space to create with a simple range of options (mostly text boxes and post-it notes). Think of it like a digital whiteboard. Then try to imagine life and meetings without a physical whiteboard. Exactly.

The range of options for what you can add to a Mural is somewhat limited, but that's a key part of its success. Having too many options would be paralyzing. Once you master the basic controls and options, the sky is the limit for what you can do. Lots of templates are available to help you get started or inspire you with what others have done and the Mural team is always offering support and webinars to help you explore the tool more deeply. One thing that has frustrated new users is getting the hang of controls especially if you are using on a computer (mouse vs trackpad controls are a bit different). But that is easily solved if you can get over your initial discomfort and commit to learning something new.

Özen Ş.
PSPO in Turkije
Olie en energie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Makes Online Meetings More Effective

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Before Mural, longer online workshops were not effective. Many attendees were losing their focus and the meetings were transforming into inefficient gathering activities. With Mural, we keep all attendees alive and interactive. You can reach working canvas where ever you are and especially voting feature makes easier to get mutual decisions in a democratic environment.

It allows all participants to work together and collaboratively at the same time. It is easy to use

I would like to have more templates to use. An open library would be beneficial to adopt this software easier.

Rob W.
Technical Innovation Leader in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Mural enables easy digital collaboration from novices to pros

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been able to grow with mural and explore new worlds of collaboration ... both enhancing face to face workshops and enabling remote collaborators to have equal voices. Support from the mural team to help us explore new ways to effectively collaborate (not just use their software) have been compelling.

I really appreciate how easy it is to dive in and get started with little complexity or knowledge. Drop some stickies on an empty whiteboard and you're off ... or play with templates, voting, and other advanced features to drive amazing new collaborations that are only possible in the digital world.

In the past, I have disliked the lack of feature parity between web and mobile versions. That has recently improved.

Nathan L.
Senior Service Designer in VS
Managementconsulting, 10.000+ werknemers

Digital-first collaboration

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MURAL brings the whiteboard and the design studio wall online so that I can collaborate with clients and colleagues around the world. Now my entire workflow is in a digital medium, so I can a lot of efficiency that way.

I love that I can send anyone a link to a MURAL board and within 5 minutes they're totally comfortable using it. Yet beyond its simple on-boarding experience is a lot of flexibility that supports a wide variety of use cases.

There are some small interaction details reduce elegance: I'm not crazy about how its arrows/lines connect to notes/shapes. And it's hard to have a consistent typographic hierarchy, because text scales with shapes, and there's no other way to control type size.

Israel C.
Head of Marketing in Ierland
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Slick whiteboard option on paid plan

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Mural was the best digital whiteboard experience I had, but I had to look for alternatives due to the issue with the trial period. I think that the other players in this space are catching up with Mural so that now I'm a customer of another tool.

The software works really well. Even when collaborating with many other users simultaneously, the "Facilitation Superpowers" are a convenient set of tools.

I started using Mural on the trial version, and when the trial expired, they locked me out. I had to contact the support team, which gave me a few more days to export a PDF version of my murals. They claim to have a "free forever" version now. But I haven't tested it yet.

Overwogen alternatieven: Miro en Lucidspark

Divya J.
UX Researcher in VS
Internet, 10.000+ werknemers

Great for Collaboration

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Collaboration. It is great for workshops and sprints. The fact that everyone can see and work on it at the same time is great, especially during remote work

The main value of this software is the collaboration aspect. I love that I can bring people together regardless of their tech fluency and with one icebreaker activity, I can get them to use the main functions they will need for the next few hours. The double click for post-its, the "follow me" function, are great. I love that you can paste a URL and it shows a thumbnail of the article.

Unless you have certain permissions, it is difficult to change your name. It was random that some people had Avatar names like "Visiting Sheep" and others "Ryan (Visiting Squid)". People were confused why it was not changeable, even though the UI allows you to write before you enter the room. But then it doesn't reflect. It is also difficult to zoom into certain post its if they are outside the main board but on the same screen. Zoom functionality is weird.

Michela G.
Knowledge and Insights Executive in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Unique in its kind

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In my company we work a lot with design thinking and we create murals for our clients to make them create strategies. This tool has become necessary for our daily work and we could not be happier to be able to create such a good work in so less time, because Mural is so easy to use and intuitive and possibilities are endless.

Mural is the tool I've always been looking for to visualise concepts and create conceptual maps. But it is not only this, it can be a presentation tool, you can make infographics with it, you can easily and rapidly create artwork that does not need the use of Photoshop or Illustrator. It's the tool everybody should use to present ideas to the customers. What I like most of Mural is the ease of use, the millions of icons you have and can personalise with colour and the fact that you can drag and drop text, links, videos and gifs.

Few options could be improved to make it even better. For example you cannot decide the size of text therefore when you enlarge text boxes you loose track of the size. There is no option to create simple tables yet, deciding the number of columns and rows. There is no media library so you have to upload every time images instead of choosing from a library or copy and paste them from another mural. Alignment sometimes is not very accurate.

Ana S.
Graphic designer in VS
E-learning, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A great tool for students, educators and teams in the education sector

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It allowed having a consistent idea spread through our many team members. We all participate in created moodboards and guidelines for every project.

It made our lives so much easier. When having a lot of on-going projects with a big graphic design team it was hard to keep track of guidelines, styles and visual references without having to constantly ask each other for guidance. In Mural we keep murals for every project, designers go here everytime they have to participate in a new or existing project and document visually how it looks like and set all the important media accessible for everyone.

When we were considering it, we knew it was exactly what we needed but it was too pricey for our capabilities. After reading, we realized that they gave us a free year because we're on the education industry. This can be renewed once the year ends.

Faye S.
Principal Consultant in VK
Managementconsulting, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Drive decision making and engage your audience

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I’ve used Mural for over 2 years now to run remote workshops with groups of up to 15 participants. My clients really love it! The best thing about it in my view is that you can build from independent work to group exercises and discussions and using brainstorming and the voting tool to drive decision making and action. I also like that you can invite people to collaborate with you without them having to pay for membership. I’m the Mural expert at my organisation, I’ve created a short course covering all the things people typically want to know about using the tool all Ng with some best practice tips: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

The only thing that used to bug me about Mural was the fact that you couldn’t identify participants who joined as visitors (one time collaborators appear as anonymous animals). I noticed recently that visitors can now add their name which is really useful.I expect this change came from Mural user feedback, they do seem to develop the features over time.

Training Coordinator in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

A must have for remote work!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use mural all the time. We use it to create timelines for projects, to lead design sessions, to discuss evaluations, and to visualize our work very often. We have created our own templates for activities that we use for project managing and design thinking often. Our team loves it, and we are a huge advocate of using it, specially if you work with a team that is remote.

Mural is awesome! The thing I love the most about mural is that it allows os to visualized our work and projects in a virtual space, and many people can access it and work from it at the same time.

It was hard to learn at first. If you are trying to get a team on board with using Mural, or a new member of the team, it can be very challenging to get them to learn. Specially if you are asking them to lead a full design session or activities that need to take place on the Mural. It takes time to get used to it.