Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over IDrive

Veelzijdige oplossing die back-ups biedt voor meerdere apparaten, inclusief servers en mobiele apparaten, via één account.

Meer informatie over IDrive

Ease of use - set it and forget it. As long as you have an internet connection, it backs up on schedule.

Beoordelingen van IDrive

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

IDrive heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.017 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je IDrive eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.017)

Sandi
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Wow! Impressed!

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Aaron
Aaron
Freelancer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

IDrive system backup/storage

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been great. I really honestly have no complaints. I've been able to back up all of my existing cloud drives, my backup harddrives, my normal harddrive, my phone, literally everything fits onto this one cloud storage service and I still have room for more.

I can flash over my entire computer if I need to, my files are automatically kept up to date so I don't have to worry about losing anything ever, and I can put as many devices into my storage as I want. This means my phone, my laptop, my desktop, my work computer, all of it, all in one place. It's great.

I'm not really one to hold back on my opinion of things, but I honestly can't find anything I really dislike about this product. I mean... maybe the time it took for the initial backup? Took over 12 hours to backup my entire computer worth of about 90gigs of files. But I can't really complain about that even, that seems just about fair since I was using my computer the entire time without any disruption to my normal functionality or speed.

Director in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to set up and use

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Ease of use, comprehensive dashboard, ample storage at a reasonable price pay per storage not per desk. Lots of configuration options and customization. Very good live phone support.

Really don’t have any complaints at this time.

Brad
Professor in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Good capabilities and value, but needs better new user documentation

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Reasonable pricing which includes a free annual bulk backup to a provided hard drive (they even pay for the postage). Application thus far appears to have a relatively light resource load on the computer and does not interfere with productive use of the machine.

Poor initial user experience. Very little useful information in the "documentation" about strategies for selecting include/exclude folders, continuous vs schedule backup, full system backup vs selected user files, etc. The default include directories don't cover the needs of many users (certainly not mine), yet there is no initial prompting to help the user decide what is worth including. Many new users are likely not well protected (many of their important files never get included in the backup) since they assume the program will "back up their computer".

Technical Engineer in Ierland
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, Zelfstandig ondernemer

An absoloute must have

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Having used the product for a few weeks its hard to find much fault with it. The cloud back is very important and after the initial backup its very fast. The continuous data protection is also very important along with the full backup options. Very pleased with the service so far.

Simple to use Good value for money No Throttling Advanced features available The Mobile app is very good Can manage own security keys

Only some mild concern on the data cap but it meets my needs.

Marc
me in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Idrive is great

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Idrive for years now on other pc's and I have told all my friends and family to use idrive. It's simple to use, easy to set up and simple to acess all your files. You can also have a cloud drive on your pc with files you access most and they are always backed up, so for me this is all I need, and I never had any issues with Idrive.

I like that it's easy to use, have a simple way to backup and access my files, I like how easy it is to use. I tried other companies, but after a year or two it was so costly, I could not afford those other places, and they were never this simple. took forever to get my files back

For me, I have not had any issues with Idrive, I think it's worth the money and simple to use, so for me I have no cons about Idrive.

Bryan
Bryan
Founder in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I really wanted to like it...

3,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I really wanted to like IDrive and was really hoping this was the solution for me. I have since tried backing up 2TB of my laptop to both Google and Dropbox, and each of those providers have had serious issues in their context.

The option for them to ship me a drive in which I can backup directly and ship back was a really nice feature. Sadly, thats about the best I can say.

Backing up 2TB directly to an external hard drive is still going to take several hours. Well, for me it was 11 hours which is fine. So much better than the days it would have taken over the internet. I was expecting a smooth experience and was sad when it didnt happen. First, about 9 hours into the backup, I needed to reboot my laptop. I went into the IDrive app and paused the backup, then rebooted. After it starting back up, there was nothing to resume. It required me to start a new full backup. Resuming an existing backup is not rocket science. I contacted technical support, and they were responsive only to acknowledge that I needed to do another back up. So now on the second day, thats what I did. Per instructions, I went to eject the drive and my Mac was complaining that it was still be accessed my option was to force eject. So I decided to simply reboot again thinking a force eject is not a good path. Now, when it restarted, the drive came back and following the instructions again, I went to confirm the backup. To my surprise, it only listed two of the five folders. Yikes! Back to the support person and they told me to re-index the database using the idrive app. After another 9 hours the re-indexing finished an indeed the backup looked correct. I went to eject and again it was complaining the an app was still using the drive, leaving me with the option to force eject. I ran some command on the terminal and it showed that the IDriveDaemon was the culprit, so I did a kill -2 on it hoping for a clean shutdown, and then was able to eject. Just wow is all I can say. No warm and fuzzy, or confident feeling here. So I shipped the drive back and am waiting to be notified that I can resume backing up my laptop. Another feature that is very rudimentary and really questionable - I needed to share a file that was on the Cloud-Drive. IDrive uses a password to access the file, so yeah. I get to email the link and the password rather than an access control based on email of who I am sharing. So yeah, that is not ideal, especially after using Google Drive or even Dropbox.

Yuval
Graphic Designer in Nederland
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Looks like a great solution for offsite backup

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Looks like things are working as they should so far, quick and easy

It's affordable, upload speed seems good, it's easy to set up what folders to backup and when

The UI is outdated and could really use a modern overhaul

Phil
Data Manager in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Third time's a charm

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: After using two other platforms over the course of a year-and-a-half, I found iDrive. Hoping to find one that was relatively inexpensive and most importantly, able to back up external drives, iDrive fit the bill. After a bit of confusion with installation on my end, Support straightened me out and I couldn't be happier. So far, iDrive has met my expectations. I hope not to rely on its ability to restore a back up, but I'm confident if I need to, it will be taken care of.

It's ease of installation, ability to add external drives, communication with customer support

Honestly, I haven't found one yet. There haven't been any problems.

Evan
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Simple, inexpensive, perfect

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have been very pleased with the cost, amount of storage, ease of use, and overall experience of iDrive.

I was captivated by the iDrive model being a simple way to backup and store documents in the cloud. The app that you download made it easy to set up which folders and drives to back up, as well as how to schedule the backups. I was amazed at the amount of space provided for the price.

There aren't many cons. It would be great to have the ability to mount iDrive and use it with apps such as Chronosync, but that's not necessary and I recognize that also helps keep the costs down.

EDUARDO
Art Director in Brazilië
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Perfect product

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It's is perfect from the moment that I started using untill now. And fast. Really fast.

Ease of use, incremental backup and simple and objective interface

Have a lot of features and I got "lost"with some of them

Zubin
Audio Engineer in VS
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Really impressed to far

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm really pleased, the cloud backup market has clearly expanded significantly since I last shopped around and I'm very impressed with this service.

I switched to IDrive recently after a bad experience with my previous system, Arq. Immediately IDrive has been better in every way I can perceive so far. The software is much clearer, better organized, and easier to use, but I haven't noticed any lack of features. I'm using it to backup my work drives to the cloud drive, both running a daily full backup as well as hourly 'Continuous Data Protection' backups. I love that i can then access that data from other computers, vs Arq which has a very limited feature set for accessing your backups (only from the computer that initiated the backups, only from the desktop application). It's also much cheaper!

I honestly haven't noticed any downsides so far, will be doing a test of the backup retrieval process soon.

Tomas
PM in VK
Research, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good value and simple to deploy backup

5,0 7 maanden geleden

iDrive is a great value backup product. It's easy to deploy, simple but powerful set of options and does everything i need. Perfect if you just want a simple backup solution with a good amount of storage which can be shared across a number of computers. Excellent set and forget backup package.

It would be nice if they supported the ability to seed the backup with a drive, they offer this in some regions but not in UK. Great that they now offer a 2TB option as well as the 5TB option.

Dario
Solution architect in Kroatië
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers

Easy to use cloud backup solution with affordable price

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Finally I don't have to worry about private files in case of HW failures.

I use IDrive for personal use. I purchased it around BlackFriday with nice promo price for 10TB storage for 1 year.It has the best and the most user friendly Windows client application which allows to setup backup/restore files, to schedule backup tasks, it supports incremental backups, offers definition of folders which will be automatically synced with cloud storage and also to perform complete computer backup in cloud (this one I didn't try so far). There are also some backup features which I don't need but small businesses might benefit for:MS SQL Sever,MS Exchange Server, Exchange Brick level (Individual mailbox backup),MS Sharepoint Sever,System State (boot file, registry, active directory, system volume, ...)Hyper-VVMware (ESXi, VMs)Microsoft 365 (mailbox data)Cloud drive functionality additionally allows sharing files with other people if needed.

Huge price increase after 1 year promo price period expires. Hopefully, there will be some promotions before expiry which will allow existing users to prolong subscription under better price.I like to fly with my drone and record videos. Beware that there is a huge problem with IDrive related to file size limit. If you need to share files bigger that 2GB, unfortunately IDrive won't be a solution for you unless you prepare your files by splitting them into smaller ones.

Dean
Ceo in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Good for back up not good for a quick retrieval

3,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is mixed. I believe a iDrive does very good with seamless back up. I believe they manage the portions very well. I believe it’s easy to select what you want to back up. The encryption is very good. The seamless ease-of-use is very good. The technical support is pretty good. Like I said one guy was a little patronizing. However, I believe that was the only problem with customer service. I do think their customer service is very good in their sales were very good. Also the price is out of this world stellar.

Weather like most about idrive was, it was truly plug-and-play simple to back things up. It was also very easy to manage the user interface and the customer support was top notch.

iDrive took 72 hours to download a 650 GB file and still after 72 hours it was only 71% complete. I ran a random junk Internet test to verify with a different service and it downloaded 275 GB in three hours on my connection I was on the phone with customer service three separate times and they told me everything should be working correctly and they seemed a little patronizing.

Eric
ATC in VS
Luchtvaart(maatschappijen), 10.000+ werknemers

More peace of mind and simplicity over Google Photos

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great! It's exactly what I was looking for.

With Google Photos I couldn't find my photos because there was no proper filing system and little customization. IDrive is a simple folder system like Windows. Google would compress my photos even when I told them not to. I drive doesn't compress. Google would offer tons of free storage then take it away forcing you to pay. Google would delete tons of my photos and other things without permission or warning. For all these reasons and more IDrive Is a better option that provides more peace of mind.

There is always room for improvement and refinement but it's more important not to overcomplicate the program. Don't make any changes that will fundamentally change IDrive from what I originally signed up for. I want to pay for it and forget about it. I don't want the program to become something I have to maintain.

Alisa
Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Easy cloud backup for personal or small business use

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: IDrive is an economical way to provide cloud backup as a "last resort" back up against ransomeware attacks. For my use and the use of my clients, it is easy to install, easy to use, and provides a free means of seeding large back ups. I did need to use it on a Linux (Ubuntu) system. I am learning Linux and found that using their Linux option required a fair amount of research to get it working. However, once I had installed all the requisite free software to make it work, I discovered that the online interface was easy to use.

One account could back up data from multiple computers. The price was lower because this solution did not include extra services that, in this instance, were extraneous to my and my clients needs.

Idrive states that it is compatible with Linux. It is, however, there is no program to install, only a series of Perl scripts. I am not super familiar with Linux and it took a couple hours and research to get this functionality working. Once that investment was complete, it worked very well fron the web interface.

Calum
CEO in VK
Telecommunicatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Gets the job done, simple to use.

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent value, no issues with upload speed. Allows data to be secured with a key only you have access to for privacy.

I have been using IDrive for several months now, and it is doing a great job of backing up my primary C drive as well as my two auxiliary drives full of RAW format photos and 4k video footage.It is simple to use and set up, and seems good enough for pro use. It also doesn't put too much of a load on the system unlike some competing products. I'm glad I purchased it, and it's a good value.

At this time there is nothing I do not like about IDrive.

Keith
Computerhardware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Dropbox was too expensive for the low amount of space you receive

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: So far so good it has the same features as dropbox with over double the space with the smallest plan and it’s half the price.

I liked the fact it was easy to get and the deal they offered on the first year. Dropbox does not let you know when they are going to pull money out of your account to pay the yearly fee. I was very upset with this. They used to do that, but they stopped two years ago and you only get 2 TB of space.

The only thing I did not care for is the fact that when I attempted to purchase the upgrade, I accidentally punched in the wrong security code, and it still charged my credit card. But the charge was reversed the next morning.

Rafael
CTO & Software Developer in Israël
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The best for backuping huge amount of data

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: After trying several other solutions and working with some solutions in big companies, I think iDrive is the best choice for fast backing up huge amounts of data.

I use it to back up a lot of TB of data. Unlike the competitors who may have unlimited space but are very slow or very expensive, which makes them an unreal solution, iDrive gives a huge amount of space, with really high upload & download speeds, for a very affordable price.I also liked other features which I will probably use in the future.

It would be nice if they added a way to move files between folders in their app after they have already been uploaded.I also initially had small obstacles, which I solved quickly after reading in forums and changing the app configuration. But all in all, I'm very satisfied.

Ben
Writer in VK
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Cheap, fast, simple

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It makes the movement of files easy, straight forward and simple to navigate.

I found it very easy to back up over 2.5TB over three days. It was easy to restart when required and being able to access the files with my phone app was a genuine game changer. The price is extremely reasonable and I could find no better deals.

So far absolutely nothing. Backing up from external drive sometimes dropped out but that was my drive disconnecting and getting back on track was simple.

GERALD
president in Canada
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent backup program

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Backups are crucial. Idrive does it well for a very competitive cost and good support. It takes a bit of time to set and learn its functions up but once working, it basically takes care of itself. It's a good program at a good price.

For years I've used Onedrive but also use Idrive for extra security. One aspect of Idrive I like is that you can do both local and cloud backups. I have external hard drives connected to my two computers and having a physical backup is an extra layer of security that is important. Also, a full restore of a crashed hard drive can take days to do online but probably less than an hour from a local backup. Idrive has very robust phone and chat support. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for help. Onedrive only has email support which is usually nowhere as useful as having someone to troubleshoot with in the moment. When installing Idrive on a new computer I used the chat service to get some info. The next day I got a got a call from a human asking if everything was working well. That's excellent service. Idrive also has a sync function, which can operate like a cloud sync service like Onedrive. I don't use the sync service as I have Onedrive but if you want to use just one cloud sync/backup service, Idrive has it all in one package. Idrive also retains all deleted files forever which is an extra layer of security and beats Onedrive by a mile which permanently deletes recycled files after 30 days. I first got Idrive on a promotion: $1 for 5 Tb for one year. You can't beat that anywhere. They have good promotions for the first year which, if amortized, decreases the cost for subsequent years. Idrive really is an excellent value.

The Idrive interface has a bit of an old fashioned look and setting it up for the first time is less intuitive than it should be. That's where excellent support comes in. But once you figure it out and select the folders to backup, it basically works in the background and can be left alone, for years if necessary without intervention. I did need to contact support to figure out how to backup Outlook files. That's been my only hiccup with the program.

Prince
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to Use but Customer Support Needs Improvement

4,0 2 jaar geleden

I love how easy the product is to actually use. When I first used it, I thought I was getting the hang of it, but it was doing something I didn’t understand. But that was easy to overcome and with a little bit of practice, became easier and easier. Love this product for sharing files between members of my team and for the price - absolutely amazing! We are a small team and only a small number of us need to have access to the folder system; prior to IDrive I used Dropbox and was scratching to get away from Dropbox. IDrive to the rescue! Dropbox charged my team of three $540 a year, or $54 a month, for storage space of 5TB. It was ridiculous and we didn't utilize nearly the amount of features they boast about. We needed something new and drastically cheaper for our needs. With IDrive, we use it family style since it is only three of us for $74, and some change a year. We are saving so much money and are able to get all our needs met! Highly recommend!

My main complaint is customer support. I called twice and chatted once with IDrive’s support and was met with snarky characters that had rude attitudes toward me. They also didn’t seem to understand the IDrive product. I asked if I can use the Cloud Sharing without Sync on because it was taking up the space on my computer (which I did not want). One rep was very quick to offer me my money back as I suggested that IDrive might not suit my needs if I can only use this feature with Sync on. That discouraged me. So I called the next day during their business hours. The rep hung up on me or we got disconnected, so I called again. When I called again, this rep also said that it was not possible to use the cloud storage without having the sync on. I found this to be stupendously impossible to do. I simplified the question. “Can I download a file from the cloud without having sync on?” The answer I received was, “no, you must turn sync on to transfer files to your computer." I told him that I found that to be strange, and I was met with silence. Upon me hanging up the call, I tried to download a file myself with sync turned off. Low and behold, I WAS able to download a file from Cloud without having to have sync turned on. I would highly suggest retraining your team when two individuals very confidently said that I could not do this.

Quality Analyst in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Inexpensive online backup with extra features

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Idrive is my sole online backup, it also has a ton of other features that I have found useful. File sharing, phone photo backup and sharing, a dropbox like file synchronization. It seems like every time I check there are more features added.

The online backup, once you have it uploaded, works very well. It can be slow to upload large amounts of files to start but I use Idrive express (free) which really speeds up priming the pump. Rather than uploading 800 gb in file backups and 1.2tb in image backups, they send a hard drive, you fill it up directly from your devices and then ship it back at no additional cost. Once they receive it they put it online and you can sync your online backup and it will add the files created in the meantime. Much less bandwidth needed, and everything is encrypted in case the drive ends up lost en-route home.

Image backup takes significantly longer than regular image backup software. not something that would be tolerable as a standalone solution.

Danilo
Governance and Cyber Risk Manager in Italië
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A comprehensive and affordable backup solution for all your devices

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: the overall experience is very satisfatory.any problem on set it up (quite easy and straightforward), any problem on data restoration (everything was in where it was expected to be), any problem in support (they are always present)

The most important features for which I choose this solution is the availability of clients for all the platforms we are using.the cost was the second element and idrive was the spectacularly winner of that competitionI can backup with the same application mobiles, NAS and desktops

If I've to find a concern on the service the fact that I can only share between clients a single directory with a fixed name is a limitation. I rather prefer to sync a number of directories of my choice between users' clients.currently this feature is not (I hope yet) available

Patrick
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Not Liking iDrive So Far

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have had this product for over a week, scheduled backups on the first day, and only today am actually backing anything up. This may prove to be a good service in the long run, but my initial impression is negative. A backup program should back up the files you tell it to, and if it fails during that process it should have features to alert you to this fact, rather than make you intuit it on your own.

I think the price is reasonable, and according to many reviews this is a solid, simple service to use. The install was fast and easy, and the setup (initially) seemed straightforward.

My first frustration with the software was that it apparently doesn't do backups when a computer is not fully active. If you are trying to back up a laptop, this can make the schedule feature pointless, as there's no predictable time of day when you will definitely have your laptop open for hours at a stretch. iDrive seems to indicate that there is a feature that resumes paused backups, but I haven't seen any evidence of this - It may be happening, but there's no alert or status/progress update. My second frustration is that there was no indication during setup or scheduling that all files needed to be granted access centrally from my OS security manager. There were a couple of permissions windows that popped up more or less at random though, which led me to believe that this had been taken care of. In reality, none - not one- of my important files had been backing up. I had avoided using online backup for years, after dealing with convoluted/ineffective services before, and I'm disappointed that iDrive doesn't seem to be much of an improvement. My third frustration is that you apparently can't run a backup of the computer itself at the same time as you run one of any external drives. Thankfully I don't intend to do daily backups of my externals, or else that would seemingly mean keeping my laptop open and running for 12 or more hours every day.