Over Fons

Plan klanten in en word betaald. Automatiseer je bedrijf voor een fractie van de kosten. Eenvoudig, krachtig en elegant.

Meer informatie over Fons

I wish I could drag and drop calendar appointments. However, they are constantly adding and upgrading new features, so this may be in the works.

Beoordelingen van Fons

4,9
Waar voor je geld

Fons heeft een totaalscore van 4,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 91 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Fons eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (91)

Rob H.
Rob H.
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I no longer dread billing my students.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love teaching guitar, but I hate the tedious administrivia part of running your own business, and until recently the worst part was scheduling and billing my students. I tracked their lessons with pencil and paper, and used email to schedule and bill. Looking back on it, the whole process was incredibly inefficient and prone to miscommunication and mistakes. Now my calendar is synced with my students, and the billing happens behind the scenes. When I first signed up with Fons I think it had just opened for business, and I'd occasionally encounter bugs. Their customer service is AMAZING. Like, "how do you stay in business with this level of service?" amazing. Not only did they genuinely care if I had a problem, often things I reported got fixed within a few days. The app now feels solid and I recommend it without reservation.

Not spending six hours at the start of every month calculating and emailing invoices to each of my students.

A minor gripe: I'd like to have access to a record of each email Fons sends on my behalf.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you Rob! This is awesome! We are so happy you are with us at Fons and we appreciate you! :)

Jeremy E.
Owner & Instructor in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Fons adds value and simplicity to my business

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Fons adds value to my music teaching business by taking most billing and scheduling matters off my plate. I set my policy and explain it to my studio families, and Fons takes care of the rest. There are no more "we were on vacation during one of our lessons last month, so we're going to pay you less this month" conversations. It's great having a system I can count on to make sure I get paid and taking care of most of the issues without me having to step in. I have to add that the Fons support team and the broader Fons community are amazing. They are incredibly responsive when I have questions or issues. They also roll out new features all the time, usually in response to suggestions made by the people who use the software. I get the sense from everyone I have interacted with at Fons that they truly want my business to succeed and to help make that happen.

As a music teacher, I strongly prefer to keep my conversations with students and parents about music, building confidence, and having fun in the process. Toward the bottom of the list would be chasing down payments or being the studio policy enforcer on things like last-minute cancellations. With Fons, after some initial setup and onboarding with new students, I generally don't have to talk about payments or scheduling. With a little bit of training and coaching, my students know they will be charged automatically and on a regular basis, which turns out to be a point of convenience for them because it's one less bill they have to remember to pay. So in turn, I can count on getting paid regularly and consistently while giving the vast majority of my attention to my students and their development.

Fons doesn't have any major issues in my opinion...but in the future, I would love to see 2-way calendar sync so that Fons can determine my availability using appointments on my calendar that aren't related to my business (similar to what Calendly does). This would be a "nice to have" and not a reason I would decide to use/not use the service.

vorige maand

This is the kindest, most well thought out review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are so happy to have providers like you as part of the Fons Family. :)

Hannah P.

Great Customer Service

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with fons has been relatively good. The customer service has been helpful with all of my issues and there are definitely some wonderful benefits with Fons, but there are some issues with layout that could use improvement.

I have had excellent customer service experiences with Fons. It is also wonderful to have a scheduling app where clients can schedule and pay for their appointments and include the option to purchase in bulk!

This software is a bit complicated to use at times. It is hard to find how to do certain things, and there needs to be more direct options for certain actions. Sites like these should be laid out in the easiest manner for the simplest laymen to use. It would also help to have an option for a business policy to be read by clients before scheduling appointments and when appointments are being confirmed so that the policy is fresh in their minds and for liability purposes.

3 jaar geleden

Hey there Hannah! Thank you so much for your review and this feedback. We want to make Fons as simple as possible to use for anyone, regardless of their comfort with using new technologies. Please let our team know if there are any particular areas you'd like to see improve or explained better. Fons is a powerful platform nestled into minimal design., and we make updates each week to try and improve the user experience. We are guided by our customers' needs and feedback. Thanks for sharing yours!

Co-Owner in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Worth it!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has been great! We've been very happy and grateful for this product

Customer service and usefulness. This team has really figured out what small, service businesses need!

I wish we could get the activation bar to go away

vorige maand

Thank you so much for this review and feedback. We are thrilled you are here and cannot wait to grow with you!

Esther B.
Piano Teacher in Canada
Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amazing customer service

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Basically this platform has been life-changing for my business! I love the internal messaging feature. It allows any communications for scheduling or payment processing to be done through the software. This frees up my email and really brought my anxiety down by having everything organized in one place. I also love being able to charge a client’s credit card anytime I need to. The client doesn’t have to do anything. There is absolutely no friction on their end. This was of the utmost importance for my business.

The best thing about Fons is that they keep making it better. They are interested in their clients needs. This was crucial for me as I think it is the most important thing when it comes to your business. No platform is perfect, but I am confident this is going to be the best one out there, given the drive and dedication of the Fons team

When I am editing appointments there are no batch actions and it always takes me back to the home calendar page… So it can be a bit clunky and time consuming when doing things like this. I’m sure they will fix it!

vorige maand

Hey there! Thank you so much for your review, and the excellent idea to improve navigation for editing appointments. We will send this over to our design team right away and see how we can better that flow. Grateful that you're enjoying the platform, and thank you again for your note.

Laura S.
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

No more chasing payments!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall I am very satisfied and have had great help from customer service when needed.

Being able to auto-schedule and bill my clients all in the same place has been life changing and saved me so much time and energy chasing payments/sending reminders.

Literally my only complaint is that the price jumped so significantly from <$100/year to >$300/year. I still appreciate the value in the software and now depend on it heavily - I just wish there was a more affordable option for people like me who have zero employees and are the sole administrator.

2 maanden geleden

Hey there Laura. Thank you so much for sharing your review, your kind words, and your concern about cost. We hear you, and are very mindful about how Fons is priced. The cost reflects our commitment to providing in real-life customer support for you and your customers, a platform built by top-notch engineers here in the United States, and for us to create a truly professional solution. We're always working on ways to keep the cost down, and appreciate your sharing your thoughts here. Thank you so much for being a part of this community.

Lamonte H.
Foreign Language Tutor in VS
Hoger onderwijs, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My Love of Fons

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My experience with Fons has been wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the rest of the team is wonderful! Whenever I’ve had a glitch or issues, it has always been solved expeditiously. Love how I can create and customize my own packages as well have my own marketplace page.

What I love the most is how easy it is set up my schedule for my clients and how to customize packages.

The only thing I can say is it would be nice to be able to import other video chat software when scheduling besides Zoom.

vorige maand

Lamonte! Thank you so much for your review! It means so much to us and are so glad you are part of the Fons family.

Melissa S.
Owner, Teacher in VS

A Better Way to Do Business

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been phenomenal! The customer service and support is the best you'll find!

Getting off the hamster wheel of creating invoices and chasing payments will increase your revenue, decrease your admin time, and increase your client satisfaction. Clients will know you are professional and will appreciate that you use professional tools.

My only suggestion for improvement would be more options or easier ways to track clients payments.

vorige maand

Thank you so much Melissa! We are so thrilled you are part of the Fons family and value your feedback and support. We are happy your Fons experience has been "phenomenal" - we truly could not ask for anything more. Thank you for making the Fons community great!

Rachel S.

5 stars!!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Fons has been invaluable to my business. I appreciate how the customer service team really listens and implements suggestions. It's very collaborative which is a unique experience for me as a business owner using software!

Fons is an amazing tool for scheduling & keeping my business organized. I love how easy it is to collect payments and give refunds.

Some of the features are not very advanced, such as the emailing. But they are constantly making improvements!

vorige maand

We are so happy Fons is helping you run your business and keeping it easy for you! We are so glad you are part of the Fons family and love collaborating with you and learning from you. Cheers!

Mellisa W.
CEO in VS

Great Product - but has a learning curve

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall this has been a fantastic product and has made my studio much more efficient. Not sure how I’d run my schedule without it now!

I love that my scheduling and billing is all in one place. Students know what the schedule is, when their lessons are, the reminders, and the auto billing.

This product was challenging to learn at first. I wish the online widget integration was easier.

vorige maand

Thank you so much for your feedback, Melissa! This is really helpful and we aspire to continue making Fons easy to use and helpful for business owners. We are so glad you are here.

Adrienne M.
Adrienne M.
Owner-Instructor in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I highly recommend automating your music teaching business with Fons

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I was able to automate all my monthly tuition and recurring lesson packages quickly and with no problems at all. My prospective clients are able to book their initial consultation with me in just a few clicks, and then they are all set to be part of my studio when they are ready to schedule their lessons. It's made my studio administration so much more manageable! No more invoicing, and everything I need is in one place.

My favorite thing about Fons is that I am able to set up my studio schedule and billing once, and then concentrate on teaching. The automated recurring subscriptions and packages for lessons removed the need for invoicing, so I no longer have to chase down tuition, while at the same time, I can adjust billing easily when needed. It saves me a ton of time every month.

The only recommendation I have is to eventually allow for two-way calendar sync, but this is a minor concern.

10 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for sharing this Adrienne. Absolutely grateful to work with you.

Brian W.
Founder/CEO & Coach-Consultant in VS
Uitvoerende kunsten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"FonsMo Me"

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It's the best scheduling and billing app I have yet to use, and nothing compares to the top notch customer service experience.

Ease of use for clients to book and pay, as well as the option to collect payments without tying said payments to specific appointments.

Very little to say I liked "least". One improvement I'd like to see is an ability to just charge a client a "high-ticket" amount and have flexibility to create unique deposit and payment plan arrangements or pay-as-you-can options that let them pay off the balance over time with whatever they need to pay devoid of specific appointments tied to specific payments. Also, scheduling dates and times for a workshop with multiple repeat dates is tedious and requires too much repetitive typing when I would rather just click "repeat weekly" for X number of weeks, etc.

10 maanden geleden

We're proud to work with you Brian, and appreciate the amazing work you're doing! Thank you.

Andy L.
Gutiar Teacher in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

So helpful for my business

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I've used Fons for my studio of around 40 guitar students since spring of 2019. It's helped smooth out the day to day running of the business in numerous ways, from enabling me to automate payments, to giving students an easy way to reschedule missed lessons. Fons' CEO, Eric, is one of the nicest people out there, and makes himself remarkably available for someone who's surely very busy. Their support staff is simply the best I've ever seen. They reply often within minutes of me contacting them. The platform is easy and intuitive to use. I learned my way around it quickly, and have had almost no issues with clients' ability to use it.

Fons is still a little ahead of it's time. It, and other services like it, are still not widely used by music teachers. Thus, music teachers can sometimes encounter resistance to using the service from clients. On the other hand, there are clients out there who really like it, and see it as something that positively sets me apart from other teachers in my area.

2 jaar geleden

Hey there Andy. Thank you so much for your kind words, and especially for your note about students resisting digitization. That really resonates and is one of our core objectives right now... make digital payments & scheduling more simple & less obtrusive for the clients. We want to get friction for customers as close to zero as possible. Thank you so much for being part of our community. We so appreciate you.

Tom S.
Studio owner in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best scheduling and billing software

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I has been very easy to use and implement.

Fons makes scheduling and billing so easy. It has reduced my admin hours to at most 2 hours a week.

There isn't much that I don't like. I wish I could drag and drop calendar appointments. However, they are constantly adding and upgrading new features, so this may be in the works!

3 maanden geleden

Hey Tom! We are so happy Fons is working out for you and we are excited to have you as part of the Fons Fam!

Brittney T.
Vocal Coach in VS

Fons Is Life Changing

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Awesome.. can’t say that enough.

As a vocal Coach I struggled for YEARS with working out a convenient way to bill people, especially in the event of having to hold students accountable for my 24 hour notice cancellation policy without just losing the student altogether or having an awkward conversation with them. (I am very non-confrontational) Fons has COMPLETELY fixed that for me! I have never heard a complaint for my policy since using Fons and never missed receiving a payment because Fons retrieves it for me. Also never lost students over it. I honestly make $300-$400 from cancellations a month that I would not have been paid prior to using it. Fons is the middle man for me and it makes everything so easy!

I honestly have no real complaints. Customer service is always asking how to improve the product and they have actually taken and worked with multiple suggestions I’ve given!

3 maanden geleden

Hey Brittney, While we do have a ton of great easy to use features, everyone does love the automated cancellation policy. Whoa, $300-$400 a month from cancellations, you are now able to capture, that's amazing! We've had others tell us the same thing, but until you really start adding it up it's hard to imagine it would ever be that much. Great job & glad we could help! Also, thanks for the great review! :) Mica ~ Customer Success Team

Allie T.
Voice & Marketing Coach in VS
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amazing software & even better customer service!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fons is the best platform for ease of scheduling, invoicing, offering many pricing options & subscriptions, and CUSTOMER SERVICE! The Fons Family facebook group alone is worth its weight in gold. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an incredible, intelligent, heart centered [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who truly cares about the success of his customers. I’m thrilled to have found a software & support community that fits all of my needs (& more!!). Can’t recommend Fons enough!!

Fons is an awesome platform that’s super easy to use and fits my exact needs as a coach & consultant. I love the ease of client booking, options of subscriptions and packages, and the interface of the software. My clients all love it as well!

My phone calendar stopped syncing with the app (likely my phones issue and not the app). Other than that, it’s awesome!

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review Allie! We are so glad you are part of the Fons family and the platform fits your needs!

Patrick H.
Instructor in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Like having a great assistant

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: As a guitar teacher, it's no surprise that the founder is as well -- they've thought of everything a service provider needs. Aside from the app itself, the Fons Facebook group has made me aware of some best practices that have streamlined my business. I'm just starting out, so having all this stuff handled for a low price is awesome. It's good to know that Fons will be useful and affordable no matter how much my business grows.

The scheduling and payments side of my business is done for me, freeing up time and energy to focus on teaching. Fons handles all the stuff I hate doing, and stays out of the way for the rest. It eliminates a lot of friction for me, my existing clients, and in onboarding new clients. And Fons' integrated Marketplace makes me easy to find and helps boost my existing web presence.

I can't think of any cons. The interface is self-explanatory, so between trying it out and asking a few questions in their Facebook group, I got up and running very quickly and haven't had any issues.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you Patrick, We are so happy Fons is working for you and eliminating all the stuff you don't like doing so you can focus on doing the stuff you love! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Allison S.
Freelance Hornist and Teacher in VS
Uitvoerende kunsten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Time is Money - Fons is Saving me Tons of It!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was a big switch for me, to bring all my clients aboard this system. I knew it would take some time, and there would likely be questions along the way. Let's just say it took significantly less effort than I was expecting. The chat support has been phenomenal. I don't know how they do it, but the Fons team seems to always be ready to answer my questions, no matter what time of day/night. If they didn't quite know the answer instantly, they got back to me ASAP.

The overall look is simple, clean, and is very user-friendly. Probably 95% of the clients I work with LOVE it, and found it very easy to change over to for payments and scheduling. The other 5% are the ones who generally dislike technology as a whole, and/or find it difficult. I've especially noted the praise I've received from employing Fons in my business (thanks for making me look good!) from those clients I know work in the tech industry themselves. They have seemed impressed.

I work with a large variety of clients in a number of ways, and ultimately would love to be able to do just a couple more specific things with different sets of client lists, etc. However, I know Fons is a young company; I've been assured that some of those things are coming down the pike.

3 maanden geleden

Hey Allison, Thanks for the great review and glad we made you look so good, so awesome to hear:) We are loving all of your feedback and great ideas for new feature enhancements and are working on them as quickly as possible, so keep them coming! Mica ~ Customer Success Team

Ruth B.
Ruth B.
Music Teacher in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Life... simplified

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've invested time into getting my Fons account set up and running... but now, it's ready to run. Less time at the bank, less awkward money talks with clients. More of doing what I love. That's what Fons is for me, and the peace of mind and professional front it gives my business is worth 5 times what they're charging.

What I love most about fons is that my clients love it. It's easy and straightforward for them, and looks super professional. For me, Fons has given me so much more peace of mind. Happier clients=happier me.

I have run into a few bumps, but there's a great support team that will stick with you and help you figure everything out. Most of my minor problems come from me not being able to see what my clients see. When they run into problems, it's more difficult to resolve the issue.

3 maanden geleden

Ruth, thanks for the review! So glad to have you as a part of our Fons family! Since, reading your review we have added some videos to our help center, so you can at least see what their signup and appointment scheduling & confirmation looks like. We are always looking to improve, so if you have anything in-particular you would like to see for your clients just let us know :) Also, have them reach out to us because they have the benefit of the same great support as you and if it something we think may be helpful to you from your clients we will pass it along to you as well.

Erin mae L.
Teacher in VS

Fons is great

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fons has definitely simplified by life by providing a super simple way for my students and clients to schedule appointments *for themselves*. No more exchanging dozens of emails/text messages to try to nail down a time to meet. I just send them my link and they find a time that works for them. I am so pleased!

Makes scheduling appointments with clients SO MUCH easier

Can be a bit bulky to navigate at first, until you get used to the terminology they use to describe the various different services they offer.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you so much for this review! We really appreciate your taking the time, and are so happy that you're enjoying Fons! Your comment about the learning curve is really valid, and an area we're constantly trying to improve. Thanks again for being a part of the Fons family, and let us know if you need anything else! Awesome.

Xavier S.
Xavier S.
Piano Teacher/Owner in VS

Appointment based business automated

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Every time something has been wrong or I have had a question the team is always there to answer and they are real people, which is really cool. It is just smooth to see my money come into my bank account without having to deposit a bunch of checks.

I like how people can pay me through it via a couple of ways. Monthly subscription, a package or by appointment. Fons keeps track of how many appointments you have had with that client and leaves the guessing game of how long was each one and how many in the past, because they keep track of all of that. Just a way to just focus on what you want rather than keeping track of payments.

I think I would like to be able to enter more of my clients information, specially if they have more than one kid, I would like to enter that information myself because parents are a little lazy doing this.

3 jaar geleden

Hey there Xavier. Thank you so much for this review! We are so happy to hear that you're enjoying Fons. More importantly, we appreciate your feedback on what you'd like to see. We're working on a way for you to add more client information yourself, it's a great idea. Thanks again!

Richard B.

Fons: The Deal Breaker

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Fons has taken the stress out of billing and payments. Bravo! I do wish, however, there were other companies like Zelle that could be used instead of Stripe; they have no transactions fees. But for now, I have passed this cost on to my clients by raising their rates.

The simplistic and streamlined nature of this software makes it very simple to use, especially for those of us who didn't grow up in the computer age!

The scheduling features are quite adequate, but it would be nice to see a more robust approach to different kinds of customization. ALSO, the web browser experience could be improved in terms of how everything appears on the page; there are parts where certain icons (like your messaging center, in the lower right-hand corner) cover up the text and changing the size of the font does not correct this.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you Richard! We are thrilled to have you as part of the Fons Family!

Allie G.
Vocal Coach in VS

FONS = LIFE.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: YES. EVERYONE needs fons. i shout it from the rooftops all the time.

I LOVE that because everything is automated, i never have to worry about chasing down payments or losing track or trying to trust venmo. The administrative time has cut down by HOURS a month and i feel like i have way more time to focus on being a good teacher and less time scheduling or billing.

There are some features that I think could be added to the software, but i've already sent my ideas to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he has been so helpful!

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much Allie, We are so happy Fons is helping you minimize your admin time and focus on doing what you love! You rock!

Bailey K.
Chief Operating Officer in VS
Muziek, 11-50 werknemers

Fons Review

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall I have enjoyed using this product, but what stands out most is the team behind Fons. They are my favorite team to work with outside of our organization and bend over backwards to meet our needs.

Scheduling and subscription is the most impactful element of this software. Without ease of scheduling and billing, we could not keep our large number of lesson families happy.

I feel that navigation could be quicker and easier at times. Also, the small quirks you have to remember when adding family members are interesting.

3 maanden geleden

Hey Bailey, Thank you so much for the review, and for trusting Fons to serve your awesome school! Really appreciate the feedback too, just made a few notes to look into streamlining family feature and load speed for large schools! Keep up the awesome work

Steve E.
Musician, Music Educator in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

The right tool for the job

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Smoothing the scheduling and payment for my music studio.

This is the third on-line scheduler that I've used, the only one with built-in payment and it is the most affordable, most responsive and easiest to manage. I particularly like the recent Zoom integration, and workshop options. The fact that I can easily access my account from my computer or phone.

Having more than one marketplace that is outward facing that separates individual lessons from workshops and consultations is a wish.

3 maanden geleden

We appreciate you Steve! Thanks for taking the time to review Fons!