Wheelhouse Pricing

Wheelhouse Pricing reviews

door Wheelhouse

Does exactly what it promises to do: sets your pricing on profitable auto-pilot

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2018
Matthew J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Wheelhouse helps us make more money by adjusting our AirBnB price dynamically.
It is very good.

Pluspunten: I like that Wheelhouse is, day by day, learning what my pricing should be and is continually adjusting the pricing to meet my goals. Before I used Wheelhouse, I would occasionally adjust my pricing based on seasonality and vacancy. But I would not set prices for my entire calendar (that would take too long), and I did not do it very often (since even small changes took a lot of time.)
Plus, I had no clue about special events, or any information about the wider market.
With Wheelhouse, it sets all my pricing for my entire calendar, including adjustments I never had time to make (Weekends, special events, market conditions). And it does this every single day. Because I prioritize occupancy, Wheelhouse (at my instruction) aggressively adjusts rates to fill holes in my schedule as needed. At the same time, it keeps my rates high for the days when it should be high. I would not have the time to do this myself, and I would not know what values to set. Possibly the most valuable thing Wheelhouse does for me is this: it is figuring out what my basic price should be. When we started out, we just had to guess what our price should be, based on pure speculation. But Wheelhouse is making fine adjustments as it goes, and is figuring out our basic rates using the most important information of all: what the guests are willing to pay. I am confident our pricing is far better with Wheelhouse, and that we are making more money.
Well worth the tiny price they charge.

Minpunten: I wish the system somehow magically knew when a booking was made and used the new information to adjust the pricing right at that moment. As it is, Wheelhouse checks every 24 hours (I think). Plus you can ask Wheelhouse to refresh manually.
But that involves going to the web site and pushing a button, which is more work that I am now used to doing since Wheelhouse took over.
I also wish Wheelhouse could magically make people want to book my listing before all other listings. I guess that is a future feature request.

Put more money in your pocket!

Beoordeeld op 10-6-2019
Michelle N.
Property owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: If you aren't using this, then you are leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

Pluspunten: Super easy to use and leaves me with more time to do other things.
Also give a boost in AirBnB listings search because it goes in and adjusts my calendar daily.
The price is EXCELLENT!

Minpunten: Nothing, really. It works really well and lets me go about my daily business without having to worry and changing my rates all the time.

Wheelhouse Pricing

Beoordeeld op 8-6-2019
Chris K.
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Outstanding looking forward to the future. Makes my life much easier. I can let my prices work and monitor them so I can focus on other tasks. Wheelhouse is clean and easy to use. I love how smooth it is. Everyone is friendly and quick to help. I tried several dynamic pricing tools before I decided that Wheelhouse is the way to go for my business. I own and manage 24 very busy overnight cabin rentals in Gatlinburg, TN. I look forward to growing much faster with the help of Wheelhouse.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use and understand...I can update easily from my mobile phone if needed as well...it took me no time to feel confident in allowing Wheelhouse to work for me and my business...staff was friendly and very helpful

Minpunten: I'd love a tape chart within an app. I'm not complaining at all because it is great as is. I look forward to how the company evolves in further optimizing a dynamic pricing tool for its customers. I have felt at easy ever since I signed up. Haven't for one second doubted my decision and I am looking forward to the future.

Happy with caveat

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Alexey C.
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like that the tool is reflecting on the demand and adjusting the prices on the fly and daily. Also happy with an easy way to push the same price recommendations into VRBO and Booking.COM - I use Your Porter for this. Customer Service is really on top of things - probably the best experience through my entire life, not kidding

Minpunten: Holidays prices are undershooting. Got a recommendation to adjust manually... HUH??
Have concerns that the tool is not optimized for the small market with regular 100% occupancy... still need to see through the high season though

Inaccurate Pricing cost me Thousands

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2018
Darren M.

Pluspunten: - Easy to use
- Update prices in a click
- Sync with Airbnb
- web based
- Friendly staff
- Global company

Minpunten: - Incorrect pricing on multiple dates e.g. christmas, easter etc
- Customer support friendly, but completely unhelpful. Comparable to the friendly face at the coffee shop, nice but usually gets your order wrong.
I have multiple properties for different clients in which I manage. I started on wheelhouse with 8 properties, to put my 'toe in the water'. I attempted to sync my account with wheelhouse. They had technical errors on their side. It was suggested to me in their words "just keep clicking sync until it works". This took around 5-6 hours of checking in and doing this over 2 days. So now I'm connected, I believe things were going quite well, pricing was updating etc. Fast forward 2 months later, I was getting a large number of bookings over christmas period and new year which seemed out of the ordinary. After researching other properties in the area and comparing to my own portfolio, I came to realise in some cases we were priced at 1/3 of the price of properties in the area which were of an inferior quality. I approached wheelhouse about this issue in which they were friendly but unhelpful. Politely informing me that it is a known issue and that if i would like to lodge a request for a feature to be added I'm welcome to follow the link. I was gobsmacked. Immediately I queried how to de-link my listings, I was provided a link on instructions to do so. I was not made aware that all the pricing would revert. I spent the next 2 hours repricing.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Wheelhouse op 4-6-2018

Hey Darren! Our sincerest apologies for the difficult experience you had with Wheelhouse. We take these issues very seriously, and we've already reviewed your feedback with our team. We are obsessed with ensuring that all of our customers have an amazing experience with Wheelhouse, and we didn't live up to our own high standards here.

We take a lot of pride in building the world's best pricing algorithm for vacation rental professionals, but also understand that we can always do better. In this case, we are internally reviewing our Christmas 2018 pricing recommendations in Adelaide, and will be pushing some updates to the algorithm as needed over the coming weeks.

If you'd like, we can set aside some time to chat on the phone, and address what else you'd like to see improved with the product. You can also email us directly at [email protected] to arrange a time to chat.

Takes the work out of maximizing nightly revenue!

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2019
John M.
Partner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Wheelhouse's algorithm takes a ton of things into account, and can work without any input on my part. However, it gives me a ton of control to set custom rates on a nightly basis, and custom seasonality adjustments by month. And the best part is that I only pay for days where Wheelhouse sets the price, not my custom-priced days!

Minpunten: Better custom controls over last minute discounts would be good, but I still have the ability the customize individual nights prices by percent discount, set dollar amount discount, or custom prices.

Wheelhouse a turning point in pricing properties

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Vincenzo G.
Owner & Managing Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The evaluation of the offer and demand in the local market

Minpunten: There is not enough statistics on performances

So far, so good! I highly recommend to everyone I know doing short term rentals.

Beoordeeld op 4-6-2019
Adam M.
Owner & Broker
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using this service a little over a month now. I absolutely love it! It has become an integral part of the day-to-day monitoring of my listing on Airbnb. After signing up, I had a couple of questions. Their customer service not only answered my questions promptly (on a Sunday morning no less) but even followed up to make sure that I was all set. This really impressed me. Their great customer service, as well as superior dynamic pricing tools, makes me a very happy customer.

Pluspunten: It initially looked overwhelming when you first log in, but within a few minutes of using their step-by-step guide, you will be connected to your favorite platform and up and running! There is hardly any lag between this software and Airbnb when refreshing/changing pricing. It's like magic! It has really helped me take control of my pricing strategy and I believe has not only helped me make more money but has also helped get more listings.

Minpunten: I have not found any significant issues with Wheelhouse.

Very handle tools

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019
Catherine U.
Business owner
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is versatile and easy to set up and use, their customer support is very prompt and helpful

Minpunten: They don't allow you to set prices more than 12 months ahead and I have had to stop using it on some of my listing sites because of that.

Strong Contender in Pricing Space

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Realtor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use this software as a supplement to another pricing platform because it offers integration with a couple rental platforms not connected with our main one. It has been useful as a secondary platform for us.

Pluspunten: Wheelhouse has a clean and simple interface, yet also has advanced options for customization of prices which makes it useful for beginners and more advanced users.

Minpunten: Sometimes the weekday vs weekend rate adjustments are too far off, and some manual adjustments must be made to compensate for the difference.

A solid pricing engine, does a great job if you want to customize.

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2019
Amir S.
Computer Scientist
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As an Airbnb owner, you don't want to automate your pricing. Wheelhouse adjusts it based on seasonality, day of the week, special events, your preferences, how many days away it is, etc. It can adjust minimum stays as well, and is fully customizable to automate your listing so you don't have to mess with it, just set your preferences and don't think about it.

Pluspunten: You can customize everything. Want to disable single night stays except to fill a gap between two reservations, no problem. You want to price Christmas time a little bit higher than normal, but still have it auto adjust as the date gets closer, you can do that. It is pretty cheap, only 1% of booking cost. And the support is amazing, they take care of you. The ability to fill single night gaps was a request I had asked for, and they implemented it.

Minpunten: Sometimes there can be bugs, it's a developing product, but they are constantly adding things over time, it has grown massively as a product over the past year. Sometimes if you're not careful bugs can cause you to loose revenue because it will adjust the price incorrectly and you don't notice.

Set it and (mostly) forget it...and make more money than you would on your own!

Chris L.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Extremely satisfied! I'll be glad to keep using them and look forward to continual refinements and improvements.

Pluspunten: Ease of use: I just link my Airbnb and TripAdvisor accounts and it does the rest (with minor set-up--it's mostly OK to use the defaults).
Price: their pricing is extremely reasonable--perhaps too much so! The fact they base it on a percentage of your actual, booked revenue incentivizes them to help you make the most money possible.
Accuracy: they keep an eye on events and actual supply and demand and help you price appropriately. I often find they price far higher than I normally would, but I usually find I still get booked.
Coverage: They cover my market (Branson, MO) where other pricing providers don't.

Minpunten: Accuracy: while I'm in general satisfied with their pricing accuracy, lately I've found they seem to be over-pricing things, especially in shoulder season and off-peak, resulting in me losing out on bookings and having the property sit empty.
Flexibility: I wish the system were smarter with offering last-minute discounts. The default option is not nearly aggressive enough, and it can only be customized minimally. I wish they could improve the last-minute discount system to more automatically monitor supply and demand and very aggressively discount rates if the property doesn't book up.

Really worth the price!

Beoordeeld op 8-3-2019
Johanne G.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I’m happy with the improvements they make on a regular basis and I’ve alway been satisfied with their client services people who are quite helpful.

Pluspunten: Using Wheelhouse for my airbnb pricing has helped me increase my revenue to an extent that makes it worthwhile to pay the 1% fee on bookings.

Minpunten: Sometimes their prices on certain days are completely out of whack, wihtout any obvious reason: like having a price in the middle of the winter (super low season) that is higher than prices in the middle of the highest season, and not because there is a major event. After a few days, these tend to adjust themselves but it make checking your prices every day a must, in my opinion. The other thing I’ve complained about it their « events ». Very often there are two of the same and some non-events are considered as events - when prices are increased because of those, it does not make sense.

Top of its class. A+++

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2018
Sean R.
Property Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Its been a great experience using Wheelhouse and working with their team members. The setup process can be overwhelming at first, but once you learn the process its pretty simple. I like that they provide a sort of "setup wizard" to first get you started. When you feel more comfortable with the process you can go straight to the rate settings and advanced features. Truly a "set it and forget it" pricing engine. Lots of options to get the automation just how you want it and to match your pricing strategy (I tend to be conservative to maximize occupancy). The pricing data seems pretty accurate, although there are times when I opt to set custom events. They do not collect a commission on custom events, which I appreciate. Overall the commission they charge is worth the service. Customer service is extremely helpful and quick to respond.

Minpunten: I wish there was an easier way to set custom events across multiple listings. It is too time consuming with the way its currently setup. I think they have achieved a good balance between functionality and ease of use. The interface can be intimidating at first, but its easy to navigate one you have familiarized yourself.

Wheelhouse helps me make more money. They are reliable and have great customer support.

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2018
Julian C.
Project manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software helps me to earn more money with short-term rental rooms. It helps me to figure out the highest realistic price that the market will bear.

Pluspunten: The interface is reasonably intuitive. All the features that I need exist. The site is very dependable. Anytime I've had questions, the friendly and knowledgeable support staff has given me quick answers. I love that they give me information about what specific events are happening in my area which may affect pricing.

Minpunten: There are not very many cons. I suppose it would be nice to be able to switch between rental rooms using a drop-down, rather than having to go back to the dashboard each time. Airbnb uses a drop-down. The wheelhouse method requires an extra page load.

Using data to make you to make you a better host

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019
Robert O.
Executive Director
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Awesome.

Pluspunten: There are two things--the revenue management software does optimize prices through the year, and ths support team a scrappy, hands on, and dedicated to their customer. It has not only made me money, but been a lot of fun playing being a customer.

Minpunten: The company responds to criticism, and over time works on removing things that are not 'likeable' Most recently they fixed the biggest con for me, which was adding functinality on minimum stays. I do not see any major cons at this time.

Great product to help you get the best prices for Airbnb

Beoordeeld op 8-3-2019
Alistair R.
Boss
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use it as a pretty good guide, it certainly more than covers its cost (which is pretty small). Occasionally - in lower periods, (or when i cant quite hold my nerve) feel they keep prices high too long - and find it quite simple to just override.

Pluspunten: It’s pretty simple to understand and use - i prefer to work through the calendar view. Has very simple , intuitive approach to varying prices - which makes for understanding.

Minpunten: It doesn’t link with Booking dot com yet - or only indirectly - which would be the most useful addition for us.

The only reason I wouldn't refer, is because I don't want my local competition to know!

Andrea B.
Principle
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used them for YEARS now. I have loved it.

Pluspunten: Wheelhouse more than pays for itself. While I still own responsibility for where my price settings lie, I can toggle settings with a global adjustment to many months in advance in a more efficient way.

Minpunten: A multi-listing calendar on a single page will be a great development, possibly already there and I'm missing it. It's nice to be able to set my settings and walk away for months at a time from the daily grind of price setting.

Easy pricing option to stay competitive and booked!

Alicia J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Wheelhouse has given us the opportunity to easily stay competitively priced and consistently booked. The ability to set guidelines that work best for our listing helps us still have control over our pricing, but also using the knowledge of the software makes sure we're priced correctly. The customer service is outstanding! They are continually updating and adding new features to be cutting edge.

Pluspunten: The easy use of this software is great! The ability to set guidelines that are best for my listing, combined with their pricing algorithms, gives me an edge up on being competitively priced.

Minpunten: The software is being updated regularly and may not yet have all the features of similar products.

Wheelhouse has gotten me more money with less work!

Math Teacher
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall we love Wheelhouse and highly recommend it. It’s accurate in pricing, easy to use and very inexpensive.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to adjust prices! I also love how Wheelhouse predicts very accurately even 9 months into the future. Airbnb pricing is always asking you to lower your price to absurd levels and I spent way too much time trying to put “special prices” on important future dates...with Wheelhouse I don’t have to add any “special prices” because Wheelhouse has already taken that into account with their pricing.

Minpunten: we have two properties, but we only receive one bill with no breakdown of how much we owe on Property #1 and how much is owed by Property #2. Since we co-own #1, this is a problem and too much work to go back manually and try to figure it out.

A no-brainer to use

Beoordeeld op 4-3-2018
Chris L.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I basically don't ever have to think about rates, and my property fills up more than expected and often at rates higher than I think I'd otherwise set! I don't know why any VR owner/manager wouldn't use Wheelhouse, especially for the tiny amount it costs. Except I'm glad they don't in my market, because it absolutely gives me a competitive edge!

Minpunten: Not Wheelhouse's fault, but they don't integrate with HomeAway (HomeAway's choice). That limits its usefulness a bit, since HomeAway is the biggest booking channel. However, you only pay the tiny booking fee if a reservation is booked through a supported channel, so I pay a tiny amount to Wheelhouse on my Airbnb and FlipKey bookings and anything that comes through HomeAway doesn't cost me anything.

Pricing to increase income

Larry J.
Realtor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love that it helps figure out what to charge in the future, I am getting more early bookings. 9 months in advance.

Pluspunten: I have learned to use the different discounts the help me have higher occupancy and not having to get involved every day. I really like how I learned to use the last minute discounts to keep my home leased. The seasonal pricing helps me know what is the proper rate to charge. I always strive for the maximum, but since there is competition it knows what they are charging, especially when we have special events in my area.

Minpunten: It took me a while figuring out how to use it.

Wheelhouse helped me make so much more money than I dreamed my homes would book for.

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2019
William scott H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I do love that I can set my parameters and watch the pricing tool go to work. Also their customer service is responsive and always easy to work with.

Pluspunten: I have 3 homes that the pricing pre Wheelhouse ran $350 to $550 a night. After signing up with wheelhouse I saw these same homes rates now as high at $1,100 a night. Ya, seriously $1100!!! When a 4 night $4400 booking comes in, I still can't believe it.

Minpunten: My only gripe with Wheelhouse is that they can't price out farther than 12 months. Which is a huge issue, as we allow our homes to be reserved more than 18 months out. There are some work arounds you can do to fix the prices out further than 12 months, but it's an issue they need to resolve. Honestly pricing more than 12 months out should be their #1 priority.

The best automatic price setting!

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2019
Darleny L.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's been great! The best about it its that it keeps my airbnb always refreshed, I get to have the right price based on the occupancy and the overall activity of my location and I get all the data about why I'm having this price. Also it keeps track of the performance of your listing and gives you ideas on where to improve and how much real revenue are you getting. It's great!

Pluspunten: Helps me get more revenue and keeps my performance on track. Also, it keeps my airbnb updated and always with the best prices of the market!

Minpunten: I would love if they had an app, but beside this, I don't think there's nothing I don't like about it.

I want to continue using you guys!

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2019
Matthew L.
Owner/Operator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I loved using Wheelhouse. The only reason I am no longer utilizing the service is because I'm going to begin using an online booking system (Lodgify) and Wheelhouse is not an available partner.

Pluspunten: I love love love love the interface. It's thoughtful, intuitive and just overall great design. The logo and branding are all spot on and I enjoy the way everything is laid out. The experience overall is 10/10.

Minpunten: The non dismissible syncing overlay could use an overhaul. With 4 listings and more on the way, I found it reallllly slow to update everything across all of them. I think utilizing a method to allow the user to update other pieces of the site while the updating is going on in the background would be a much better experience.