Gemiddelde scores

4,5 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,2 /5

Over Indigo.Design

Indigo.Design biedt een uniform platform voor visueel ontwerp, UX prototyping, codegenerering en app-ontwikkeling.

Meer informatie over Indigo.Design

74 reviews worden weergegeven

Shahar B.
UX Lead
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018

"I have been using Indigo Studio for more than 4 years as my main prototyping tool"

Opmerkingen: Although Indigo has many features and abilities which allow you to create advanced and complex prototypes, the prototyping model is very flexible so you don't need to focus your attention on the tool itself.
You can invest all your efforts in creating the prototype you wish to test or deliver and easily change it according to the users need.
You don't need to invest your resources in planning HOW to do it.
Just Do It

Pluspunten: Indigo supports the design process much better than the competitors such as Axure and Sketch.
It's very easy to learn and to use, so I use it For the thinking and sketching phase, sometimes instead of pen and paper.
And on the other hand, it has very advanced features which allow me to create advanced interactive animated prototypes.
Recently they add structured ability to create usability study and I use it a lot.
It seems that Indigo team work hard to improve it on a regular basis.

Minpunten: It requires relatively large memory resources
Although you can use google fonts, there is no way to import your own font

Audrey B.
Business Analyst
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-5-2020

"A picture is worth a thousand words,..an Indigo Studio prototype is worth a million!"

Opmerkingen: As a business analyst, my main aim is to make sure that clients and developers share a common understanding of the requirements and functionalities. Indigo Studio has been an invaluable tool to define and refine requirements and interactions with stakeholders and communicate these requirements to the development team.
I started using Indigo Design while it was still on beta at a previous job and had a great experience with it. When I got the chance to select a prototyping tool at my new job, I chose Indigo Design, knowing it would allow to quickly and easily create prototypes and be easy to learn for future team members regardless of their technical or design background.

Pluspunten: - Easily create interactions: Indigo's greatest strength is indubitably the ease with which it allows to simulate interactions. You can create simple interactions by creating states triggered by events in just a few minutes without having to be an expert UX/UI designer or a developer.
- Easy to share with stakeholders and team: The link sharing capabilities allow stakeholders and team members to access the prototype, interact with it and comment.
- Easily reuse elements with screenparts: Screenparts allow to define elements once and reuse them throughout the project whenever applicable instead of having to redo the element over and over.
- Useful icon library: The icon library allows to better illustrate some concepts as well as to add some style to prototypes without having to look for images.

Minpunten: - No versioning capabilities: There is no direct way to save a version of the published prototypes and be able to share a working version with other people as functionalities and tweaks are added by a stakeholder while the development team is working on the previously defined scope.
- Collaboration functionalities: the collaboration functionalities are essentially limited to publishing and downloading, meaning everyone is using a copy of prototypes and "screenparts" instead of having a common base. It would be great to be able to build a library of reference elements shared with a team.
- Limited text formatting options: This is a less critical issue but being able to format table cells would allow to show that some elements are hyperlinks for instance.

Thomas W.
Internet, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2020

"Nothing special. Buggy at best."

Opmerkingen: I was hoping for so much more, having the component library for sketch (does not work well) and code generation (also very buggy and does not work well) were the reasons I chose to also try indigo design. But compared to other products it is way too basic.

Pluspunten: Integrating with sketch was easy.

Minpunten: There is no useful tools. So much left to be desired. Prototyping is sub-oar at best and that is really the only feature available.

Wesley H.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

"Great product"

Opmerkingen: It makes working with clients and developers much easier and makes us look a lot more professional.

Pluspunten: Integration with Sketch makes it easy to share wireframes and prototypes with clients and for developers to get the specific information they need to build the UI.

Minpunten: I love the code generation concept. However, it is limited in what it can code. Some of the features we want to use (basically aspects that adjust the screen in some ways like a side navigation bar and accordion) are not supported. Would love to see them expand the list of supported components.

Pavol D.
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018

"There isn't any prototyping tool with this kind of animation capabilities. The best for the money."

Pluspunten: There is a lot of intuitive features for interactive prototyping, usability testing, and collaboration. You can copy/paste your designs from Sketch and animate your interactions in any possible way.

Minpunten: Occasional bugs and slow performance on larger projects, probably because of MS Silverlight. There should be more features (like in Sketch) for high-fidelity design and typography.
I still think its the best solution for the money. kind of animation capabilities, there is only Axure RP, which is expensive and way less intuitive.

Leobardo H.
Programmer/Graphic Designer
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-5-2020

"Indigo.Design; a Quick and Easy App for Prototyping"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I was asked to look into this product as a means of cranking out a bunch of different little models to present to the rest of the programming team to get a visual on how an app was going to look and behave. Indigo.Design scratched that had-to-reach itch with gusto and we were all very satisfied with it.

Pluspunten: The product is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. I cannot overstate that fact any more if I could. Viewing and mapping out your actions leading to other views makes knowing where you are at a given point simple and straightforward. The addition of tools that bridge the gap to Visual Studio coding is amazing, to say the least.

Minpunten: The only gripe I have was the addition of a tool called Screenparts after my trial had expired and I was not able to use without buying a license. It seemed to have been exactly what I had needed to not have to create the same toolbar of buttons that needed to go to the same screens. The buttons and everything were copyable between screens, but the functionality was lost.

Mario R.
Frontend developer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2020

"Angular UI framework (Ignite UI)"

Opmerkingen: In general seems I would expense too much time to learn it and not sure if there's a real value on it. Probably I need to evaluate it versus a real project to find its real value.

Pluspunten: I was trying to create different components on the SPA app and seems a good co-relation with the Angular UI framework.

Minpunten: I found hard another abstraction layer on top of the Angular Framework. At some point I felt like is difficult to engage with the tool.

Mike H.
CTO
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

"Indigo Studio"

Pluspunten: Ease of use, ability to rapidly produce insightful wire-frames for development teams.

Minpunten: None. It covers all my needs.

Roger W.
INDIGO.DESIGN- GREAT
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-2-2020

"GREAT DESIGN INDIGO"

Opmerkingen: DAILY USE IN THE CREATION OF GRAPHIC ARTS

Pluspunten: EXCELLENT FOR CREATORS, AND DEVELOPERS AND DESIGN, EASY TO HANDLE AND HAS ONE PERFECT TOOLS TO MAKE GOOD ART

Minpunten: NOTHING AGAINST, EXCELLENT APPLICATION, I RECOMMEND

• Beoordeeld op 17-2-2020
Joris V.
Developer
Informatiediensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-5-2020

"Nice and easy to use product"

Pluspunten: It's easy to use, you can create nice designs and you can even import it into an Angular project. Everything is quite straight-forward and you feel you know what you are doing and that you are in control.

Minpunten: The import feature is a bit lacking. It was quite annoying to get the routing part working correctly and I don't like the fact that each css file for each page contain basically the same elements as the other css files from other imported pages. This could cause a quite big load on the network traffic.

• Beoordeeld op 12-5-2020
User Experience Researcher
Olie en energie
  • Beoordeeld op 6-4-2018

"The software is very easy to use & for first time user it is fairly simple to get started quickly."

Opmerkingen: Easy to create application screens & very simple to create prototype.

Pluspunten: 1) Simple to create screens & adding interactions from one screen to other is very easy. 2) Enough UI Elements library to create wireframes & clickable prototypes.

Minpunten: 1) Horizontal tab navigation for screens: As the application has horizontal tab navigation for screens, it is very difficult to see all the screen as there is limited space, also adding more screen increases the scroll which slows the working speed by increasing the time to find the screen to work upon. Also, the application always crashes when there are many screens added to to horizontal tab. I would suggest to have vertical left navigation for screens, as available in other prototyping tools such as Axure.
2) Old set of tablet & phone devices for screens: because old iPhone & tablet shells the prototype looks ugly, to avoid that we have to we have insert a image of new nice looking iPhone shell in our prototype manually & inside that we put UI Elements.
3)Not having support to see it on mobile devices with actual size: we can not show the mockup to our stakeholders on actual iPhone like a native application, every time we have to open it in browser window. I would suggest to add a full screen support on mobile devices without browser window.
4) Download as app feature missing: Many times we need to test our mockup on actual devices but there is no facility to download it as an app, I would suggest to add this feature, this feature is already present in other applications like Invision app wherein the mockup can be viewed as an app on tapping the mockup icon on mobile phones.

• Beoordeeld op 6-4-2018
Frederic V.
IT Senior Consultant
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018

"I use it to design and prototype business web applications for European Institutions."

Opmerkingen: Good reputation from peers
Easier communication with customers
recognized as UX professional

Pluspunten: Very fast designing process including the magic ALT-click.
The concept of State for screens and the associated navigation pane
The animation timeline that is intuitive and easy to use.
Regular updates that brings new stuffs based on user requests. I really appreciate this approach that most companies don't put in practice.
The Sharing functionality that is easy to use and allow us to show and collect feedback of users.
In the last versions, the integration of Google Fonts
The screenparts that help us to go faster by reusing parts including animations and states
Lat but not least, the user support is one of the best I had. Thanks again to these guys!

Minpunten: It's still tricky to use it behind our company firewall. Seems to be fixed in the lasts versions but still unstable. e.g. it lost the sign in quite often. The pricing policy is quite expensive so we limit our number of licences.

Joe C.
Software Architect
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018

"I use Indigo every day, and while there are frustrating bugs sometimes, it's still the best solution"

Pluspunten: I love how I can easily add UI elements to the page and how it gives me a tool to tell my developers exactly how I want a page to be laid out. Also, screen parts are very useful and save me a ton of time when designing storyboards.

Minpunten: I hate the fact that table cells aren't containers, so if I want to put a button in there, it's just an overlay that doesn't follow the table. Also, there's no really good way to several enter notes about particular UI elements. I can add callouts and notes, but that gets very unwieldy after 7 or so notes.

Sagit S.
  • Beoordeeld op 31-3-2018

"Easy to learn and use. Has some great features that allows collaboration and usability testing."

Pluspunten: I love the fact that we can make it so realistic it looks and behaves like the real tool and allows us to test. The creation of a URL we can share with the teams and update is great too.
The animations are great! Very easy for the UX team to show the Dev team what we need.
Customer support is awesome!! Here is a company that really listens to users and develops features we really need and use.

Minpunten: I would like and enhances ability to control fonts (add my own) and also control the look of scroll bars.

• Beoordeeld op 31-3-2018
Roman C.
Asst Lab Supervisor
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-3-2018

"Overall, I have enjoyed using Indigo to create various prototypes and taught it to my coworkers."

Opmerkingen: I got to use this program for one of my IT classes in which we had to develop an app prototype to solve or remedy a social program. Aside from this, I have taught the basics of this class (elements, interactions, animations, etc) to several coworkers at my job at Rutgers University.

Pluspunten: I really like the base version of the software because it is free and has enough features to be relevant and make a good prototype. I like how there is a free version and the chance to get an academic license because students really enjoy using the software to make prototypes and express their ideas. I enjoy the elements provided, features and the options for viewports. The prototype can be as advanced or as simple as the person wants it to be. I like the ability to save my projects directly to my personal workspace which makes it easy to work on the go.

Minpunten: The program can be pretty confusing to use if you overlook the tutorials and video that are presented to you from Infragistics. I personally teach a course on App Design Prototype and I use Indigo to do so. I present a demonstration in the class and show the students where everything is and how things work. The students really enjoy the demo and it helps them understand the software.
I think that the Indigo Essentials version should still let you share your prototypes with people via links! Is there a way to delete projects I have saved to my personal workspace?

Lead User Experience Designer
Computernetwerken
  • Beoordeeld op 2-4-2018

"Indigo studio is a great replacement to wireframing and protoptyping tools like Axure and Balsamiq"

Pluspunten: Ability to create interactive prototypes with animations quickly and also ability to sync with Sketch to reuse artifacts . Usability testing is something which starting to get used in our workflow.

Minpunten: Restrictions on Fonts and Libraries pushes me to use Sketch more often and since Sketch is catching up on prototyping ...value of using Indigostudio is getting low because of these limitations

• Beoordeeld op 2-4-2018
Michael S.
Software architect
  • Beoordeeld op 29-3-2018

"Best tool on the market"

Pluspunten: We looked at all the wireframing tool on the market, and none have the features that Indigo Studio has. The ability to be able to deploy wireframes as a site is invaluable to our proposal process.

Minpunten: There are a few small lingering bugs, but nothing so bad as to stop us from using the product. This mostly has to do with text entered in wireframes.

Owner/Sr. Software Developer
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018

"Easy to get started with a good array of tools"

Opmerkingen: It helps me easily create attractive prototypes to present to management and our product design team.

Pluspunten: As a software engineer who works on legacy software with an unfriendly UI I thought "I'll bet I can come up with something better." Indigo Studio makes it easy to develop a prototype of a better way that I can present to management and our product designers. I really like that I can easily create not just static mockups, but functional prototypes. And from an engineering perspective, it's nice that there's no code involved so management can't say "It looks great. Ship it!" It really is just a prototype.

Minpunten: I wish the included tools were a bit more customizable. For instance, backgrounds can only be one color, not a gradient. Also, the chart control only allows you to set the type of chart but nothing more about it, though that can be explained away as "it's just to show a chart goes here." Finally, it would be nice if the code snippets panel was editable to allow for even more customization.

Mohan T.
Sr. UX Architect
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018

"Its a wonderful prototyping tool. Easy to do lo to hi fedility mockups"

Pluspunten: Ease of use , the kind of interactions I can showcase and most importantly secure url sharing with clients.

Minpunten: Missing gradients, option to switch off changes to child states incase of changes required in parent and improve no of things you can define in central styles

Jeremy B.
Direct Support Specialist
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-4-2018

"Indigo Studio is remarkable software as it allows you the opportunity to prototype an app seamlessly"

Opmerkingen: My team and I were able to demo an idea that we needed to illustrate to a panel of judges for an IT project in my college. This software helped my team win an award in an end of the semester competition that we had with plenty of other groups. The judges enjoyed using our prototype and it helped provide an interesting outlook on how our idea would function if it were actually made into an application. So thank you to all who helped develop it, especially on behalf of my group!

Pluspunten: What I like most about the software is that it saves massive amounts of time when it comes to showcasing a product because you can share your vision with others without actually having it created through extraneous amounts of coding. It's a very cost-efficient option that comes with amazing depth and variety. The interface is also very user friendly and simple to use. Indigo's quality is top notch, as it can provide prototypes that already look like finished products. It is a go to for any developer seeking to extend their unfinished vision in an illustrative way.

Minpunten: What I like least about the software is simply that it can be sometimes difficult to understand how to locate and use everything properly. But, thankfully the tutorials and customer service easily clears up a lot of the confusion if utilized.

• Beoordeeld op 1-4-2018
Scott M.
Student
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018

"Perfect for what we needed it for, but incredibly frustrating when it wasn't playing along"

Opmerkingen: Using this program for class made prototyping highly streamlined, and allowed us to jump directly into building something without having too much to worry about learning toolsets. Sharing files made collaboration relatively easy.

Pluspunten: I like how it allows you to re-use work that you've already done, instead of having to rebuild menus that would normally be re-used throughout anyway.

Minpunten: Often times, it's difficult to see when something has gone wrong, and fixing something that has gone wrong - Once you have a number of layers going together, on top of one another, and something isn't working the correct way, it's almost impossible to get looking the way you want it to without rebuilding the entire scene. And if something is going wrong in a bit that you're re-using across the entire app, that behavior may not be consistent throughout the build.

Jordy H.
Full stack Developer
Human Resources, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018

"We use Indigo Studio and it alows use to create richly designed mockups. Easy to use & great support"

Opmerkingen: It helps us to communicate our mockups more clearly to our target audience.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and contains a lot of functionality and elements to create and test our mockups. It also great support platform if we run into problems.

Minpunten: I would like to see that the elements to be used in the software are more and faster up-to-date to current standards. For example there are a lot of icons, but no Google Material Design icons. Also Material design screenparts would be nice.

Steve B.
Lead UX Engine
  • Beoordeeld op 29-3-2018

"Great software if you can get over the limitations"

Pluspunten: Easy to get started, several pages of advice on the Internet web you get stuck. Premade components help speed up the design process.

Minpunten: You cannot expand the pallet to the left in a transition. You cannot change the scroll bars from the default ones which are hard to use and difficult for people with accessibility issues to grasp (literally speaking).

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Farmaceutica
  • Beoordeeld op 29-3-2018

"I used Indigo Design Studio for an IT project to create an app prototype for a Big Data "company"."

Opmerkingen: -Was able to significantly impact our project for the better and make it come to life with the prototype design

Pluspunten: I liked how it was easy to use and the interface was very simple. It integrated common features of an iPhone and was easy to use for other people when interacting with our prototype for the first time. Indigo Design helped our prototype to appear professional and realistic and really helped our project to come to life. The ease of use with integrating outside images was also extremely helpful to our design strategies.

Minpunten: There's no option for a cloud based sharing component of Indigo. We were working as a team so it would have been easier if two people could collaborate on the design at one time. It was a bit hard to overcome that obstacle but overall we were able to make it work.

Stanley C.
Student Full Time
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018

"Fast and easy to learn. Indigo Studio is a tool for beginners and advanced users alike."

Opmerkingen: I understood how to prototype design without using any programming language. This is very important in the field of technology because not everything is about coding. Design for the user experience is a heavy part that the modern world seems to be dropping the ball on. I believe indigo will allow my ideas to grow.

Pluspunten: The thing I love most about Indigo Studio is the interactive ability to click and select any type of icons/widgets/buttons without going into detailed tools selection. Some other programs that have prototype design require the designer to learn different snips of code, whereas Indigo allows anyone to just pick up the software and use it.

Minpunten: I wish the software had more features. There is already a lot of things indigo can do, however, if I wanted more specifics, such as a dynamic flowing interface that changed different buttons and widgets based on swipe, Indigo does not have a tool for that. Indigo does have all the basics for buttons and features for different prototypes, but I feel this can grow with time.