Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Primer

Visueel aantrekkelijke software voor galerijen en kunstenaars. Beheer tentoonstellingen en kunstwerken, genereer verkopen en voer alle zakelijke activiteiten uit.

Meer informatie over Primer

Niet beschikbaar

Niet beschikbaar

Beoordelingen van Primer

4,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
5,0

Primer heeft een totaalscore van 5 van 5 sterren op basis van 30 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Reviews filteren (30)

Productscore

Productscore

Gebruik

Sorteren op

Heb je Primer eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (30)

Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I love Primer's function, and user-friendly operation system

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with Primer has been very good, and one of the best things is that the support is excellent. Whenever I have any questions, the Primer technician resolve the issues!

I used to use different databases, but with Primer, "data management" started making much more sense for the business. It is intuitive, and the customer service/assistance is swift and accurate. I am a one-person operation and do not have another brain to consult with, but Primer is THE brain I always consult with.

I don't have any issues. And with any problems, the Primer is very responsive to troubleshooting.

Sacha
Art Business Consultant in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Great for studios, artists, and galleries alike

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Intuitive design, ease-of-use, superb customer service, and their quick help desk response time are the standouts of Primer. I have created archives for three different art studios as well as used the platform for a commercial gallery. Artists often ask my advice for what database to use for tracking inventory and invoicing and I always recommend Primer. Also, I have seen artists become more involved in the care of their archive by the very act of creating one.

I love how all of the data can be tagged to relate with one another. This makes tracking collectors, works, collections, invoicing, shipping, and exhibitions seamless and creates a robust history of interactions between all of these categories (and more). Quickly making .pdfs for offer letters and checklists for shows is a huge plus.

I can't think of anything that is not a positive with the database or the service.

Jessann
Registrar in Canada
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to use and very functional!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I use this program daily and it is very easy to use. You can keep track of everything in once place. Also the customer service is great and responds quickly,

Nothing! Primer is a great software, I'd recommend it to any gallery or artist to keep track of their inventory.

Sarah
Owner in Zwitserland
Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Highly recommended

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Looks so much better than the other software we tried. Really love the CRM aspects. Also, very happy with how my docs look. (Used to take hours to make sales statements before having Primer.) Viewing rooms are easy to make, too. I respond much faster and better to client inquiries because of Primer.

All my questions get answered quickly, and I have no complaints.

Rick
President in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Designed by a gallery owner, for galleries

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: First and foremost, the client service is tremendous. It would seem that they are on it 24/7. Explanations and fixes are dealt with practically immediately. I feel like Primer cares deeply about our experience with the product and they act on that.
We are extremely pleased with the architecture of the interface - it's simplicity and functioning belie a complex software that evens out the playing field with our competitors in the business.
The introduction of new features and refinement of established ones seems ongoing and perfect.

As a daily user of Primer I am particularly pleased with its ease of use. As a relational database it makes accessing and searching for information to create transactions extremely simple. Invoices, offers to clients, loans, consignments in and out, exhibition checklists are all intuitive and take very little time to create. The speed with which it takes to output necessary forms and reports is a lifesaver. My previous inventory system was a bespoken application which I included barcoding for inventory control and labeling in. Primer's willingness to integrate barcoding was essential to my decision to switch. The recent addition of online viewing rooms - one of the most widely used advancements in the gallery industry with the onset of the pandemic - was swift and very effective. We have used it successfully since the first release of it. I willingly agreed to work with the beta version of it and it is nearly perfect. The online hosting and automatic upgrades to the most recent releases of FMP are worth the price of admission alone.

There is very little to Primer that I am critical of. FMP is not great at word processing and there are a few areas where adjusting text could make it a little smoother perhaps. Sometimes the syntax used to describe functions is a little cloudy but these are hardly anything more than idiosyncratic details that most users probably wouldn't even notice. I wish there was a PDF download function to the online viewing rooms because some of my clients like to keep records of the works offered but I am sure that will come soon enough

Jordan
Director in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

I strongly recommend Primer!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have had a great experience with Primer. The developers are very responsive and quick to answer any question or issue I've ever had. I love this software and can't imagine doing business without it.

Primer is trusted for me as one of the best software for art galleries and art advisory companies. It is well designed, clear, and offers everything you need in one place. I especially love that it's one fee without a bunch of add ons and extras. This software is absolutely worth the subscription fee.

There is little, if anything, that can be improved. Whenever I have needed something altered to suit my business needs, they've either offered me a work around or created a solution to my problem. They are also always adding to the software to make it work better for all on the platform.

Scott

Love Primer!!

Opmerkingen: Exceptional!

Primer has changed the organization of our business. Our clients love the viewing rooms. Documents are so much faster to create and look better. I can directly attribute several sales to Primer's sales tools. The customer support is available whenever we have questions. Very pleased.

We are very happy with Primer, esp in comparison to our previous experience with art software companies.

Deb
Principal in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Exceptional value and labor of love

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Primer has made it so much easier for me to effectively manage contacts and inventory in a way that rewards the time I put into it tenfold. Anytime I have had an issue--usually just with a feature I don't yet quite know how to use--they have been incredibly responsive and patient. Communication is clear, and updates are regular and always useful. The effectiveness of the software has also been essential for me as I have shifted my business in and out of brick and mortar, and allowed me to accommodate different forms of working--they have even worked with me on modifications I needed help with for the parts of my business that is outside the art world. This software has been a constant asset to my business over the last several years, and I feel very lucky to have found them.

Primer is a system that could only have been built by art world veterans who truly know and love the ins and outs of the business, from top to bottom and back again. Everything is designed for maximum efficiency and functionality in a way that allows me to feel like I am great at my job and provides my clients an exceptional level of service. It's very clear that the improvements are made continually in a way that works so well because they are using their own software and know exactly what the constantly shifting art landscape looks like because they are in it themselves.

Honestly, I don't have any cons. They consistently make updates and tweaks so that at this point anything I had hoped to be improved when I first signed on has been taken care of beautifully, and many elements of the software I didn't feel needed changing have been made even more intuitive and functional.

Elsa
Director of operations in Canada
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Perfectly designed for a gallery

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Primer is a fantastic tool to manage our inventory and our contacts. It provides all the functions a gallery can need. We can create all types of transactions and presentations including online viewing rooms and payments to artists. It's complete and easy to use. What I like the most with Primer is that each new version of it is better than the previous one. It keeps improving based on our feedbacks. It suits our gallery needs perfectly and the customer service is amazing!

Primer is so complete, that there are several functions that I haven't explored yet. The only thing that bothers me sometimes is the word processing when creating the PDF of a transaction. There is not so much flexibility around that but I'm sure it will improve soon!

Serena
Gallery Manager in VS

Strongly recommend Primer

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Primer is excellent for maintaining inventory and document formation. It definitely saves us a ton of time when creating checklists, consignment agreements, invoices, artist statements, etc.

It was a bit tricky to learn the interface at first but the customer support team is incredibly hands on and responsive.

Courtney
owner in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The most valuable investment an artist can make

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Primer was created by people that truly understand the needs of artists and galleries. This translates into a database that is functional, modifiable, and with a great use value. I recommend this to every artist I know.

I've been using Primer for close to a year now, it has completely changed how I function as an artist and administrator. I no longer dread when someone asks me to send them a pdf of my work. In a matter of moments I can put together an online viewing room. Primer makes sales, inventory management, and contact management super easy. It can really be used by artists at every level. I have lots of experience with other inventory management systems and Primer is one of the only ones that makes keeping track of production costs, exhibitions, press and sales very simple.

There are really no cons in my eyes. The software is so valuable to me. I could see how someone would be intimidated by the complexity of the database. But that's really not an issue because of their AMAZING support team.

Claire
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amazing Software Has Revolutionized the Way I Run My Business

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The customer service has been exceptional. While I don’t have to get in touch too often given how straight forward their software is, whenever I have a question pop up, someone is always available to answer my question thoughtfully and thoroughly.

The ease and functionality of Primer is by far the most valuable asset to me. I am not particularly savvy in complicated database software and I find Primer to be efficient, detailed and intuitive. Additionally, given the circumstances we are facing today and that much of my work is now being done remotely, I am given great peace of mind knowing any and all information about my business, clients and inventory is a click away.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this software- it has revolutionized my business and how I run it. It has enabled me to work smarter, not harder.

Gabrielle
Gallery Associate in VS

Great for Galleries!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Primer is the most used program on my computer. It literally allows me to do my whole job! The team behind Primer is also SO great and always helps with any problems or issues that arise. They even go as far to have video calls when I have questions or concerns!

It only took a few days for me to learn Primer! It is very easy to learn and use. I use Primer every single day for inventory, invoices, artist payments, etc. What I love most about Primer, is that everything is all in the same program. I can do all financials, make checklists to offer artwork to clients, and keep a contact log. I rarely need to go to another program to do my daily tasks in this job role. I also love that Primer makes it easy to search everything from contacts to artworks with key words, for we have a ton of work in inventory.

The only feature I would say could be improved would be making it easier to edit documents without losing previous edits. I wish there was an option to "refresh artworks" without refreshing totals for example. I also wish that the edits I made in the final stage before saving a document could be "remembered" essentially if I have to go back and edit a document inside the program.

Reactie Primer Archives

8 maanden geleden

Thanks for the fantastic review, Gabrielle! Primer does automatically save the last version of a document you worked on and allows for continued revisions without needing to open the pdf in Adobe. We will be in touch to offer a follow up tutorial on our document editing features to make sure that Primer keeps making your daily admin both quick and comprehensive.

Simon
Director in Canada

AWESOME SOFTWARE!!

Opmerkingen: A+

This software makes our lives so much easier! It has a clean design and is very intuitive. Primer offers a lot of instructional videos which is helpful for training new users. The developers have implemented our suggestions to make it even better for our business! How cool!

Honestly nothing. Using this software is great.

Lisa
Sales Director in VS

Exceptional Software Saves Me Time, Money & Stress

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Primer has delivered more than I could have expected and more than I realized I needed. It's clear that the developers have thought of everything I might need and then some. When you add the thoughtfulness of the development to the exceptional service and functionality of the software, I could not be happier. I just wish I could have implemented Primer even sooner because it pays for itself tenfold each time I use it. This software has been a game changer for me and how I conduct business.

I was blown away by the ease of use of Primer. In a gallery or art fair setting, I'm often in need of information quickly and seamlessly. I have all of the information from multiple locations in one clear and easy to use database with Primer. Having all of the information I might need to access wherever I may be has been critical during the last year or two. I've never wanted to spend a lot of time learning difficult software and with Primer it has been very intuitive and simple to use. The customer service is always helpful and efficient if/when I have questions.

Honestly, I love everything about this software. It has saved me so much time and energy that I can now put towards my clients.

Blair
Gallery Owner and Founder in VS

Blair Clarke at Voltz Clarke Gallery

5,0 vorig jaar

[sensitive content hidden] is the most personable business owner. Always answers the phone or gets back immediately to help with a question. Our gallery has tried many databases over the years and never has enjoyed customer service until Primer. Primer is constantly updating their systems and improving ways to sell artwork efficiently. Couldn't recommend enough!

I don't have a problem with anything regarding the ease of use and the Database of Primer.

Scott

Primer Archives software review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Primer everyday, all day. It manages our inventory, billing, contacts, vendor payments and everything else. We could not have grown as a business without it.

I love that every aspect of my business, which is an art gallery, can be handled and managed on this single platform. It feels like a gallery-owner made the software so it is engineered to be of the most use to me.

There is a slight learning curve in the beginning, but there are a lot of online tutorials to get you started as well as the Primer team is always eager to help with direct tutorials and help.

Carolyn
Co-Founder, Tri-Star Arts in VS
Beeldende kunst, 2-10 werknemers

Primer helps brings art and people together through detailed, innovative technology

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very impressed with Primer and all its capabilities. There are a multitude of helpful functions, but the platform works well if you're only using a handful of it's many customizable benefits. It's works well for a team since many different kinds of staff members can interact with it on different levels.

I love the simple design and the options for expansion and more details depending on need. I also enjoy how customizable Primer is. It's a flexible, tailored design for many different kinds of art businesses, art non-profits and artists.

Once, I encountered an issue with sorting, but tech support fixed it right away.

Zachary
Gallery Assistant in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Manage a gallery’s many moving parts with ease and efficiency

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Primer effectively consolidates the many facets of running an art gallery into one master hub. As a gallery assistant I worked for multiple small galleries using Primer, and it allowed me to stay on top of everything from managing inventory, to preparing documents for exhibitions and loans, to keeping track of contacts and gallery visitors.

Sometimes the interface feels a touch clunky, but I owe this more to to the FileMaker platform itself

Alistair
Gallery Owner and Founder in VS

Alistair Clarke at Voltz Clarke Gallery

5,0 vorig jaar

Primer is a consistent Database that my team and I use daily to manage our inventory. We enjoy using Primer and all it has to offer and keeps our management easy to use.

There is nothing I dislike about Primer.

Aryen
Director in Canada

I highly recommend Primer

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've enjoyed our experience using Primer. We haven't encountered any major issues and if we've ever had questions the developers have always been quick to respond. We're very happy and use the software every day.

Primer has been a wonderful addition to our team. It is well-designed, easy to use and offers everything we need for our day-to-day operations.

I have not encountered any cons with this product.

Angela
Assistant Director in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Wonderful and easy to use software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

A brilliant and easy to use inventory system and data base with excellent customer support and intuitive updates that reflect the user's evolving needs. With clean and clear design and a plethora of useful tools to support in sales, archiving, and exhibition building we couldn't ask for better technology to assist with gallery administration.

There are no cons we have encountered so far.

Gina
Gallery Director in VS

Great value

5,0 vorig jaar

It's easy to get up and running on Primer. The user interface is fairly intuitive.

None that come to mind. It has most bases covered really well.

Alexa
Assistant to the Director in VS

Easy to Use! Great for Galleries

5,0 3 jaar geleden

The Primer software is covers every base for the fine art industry and is very easy to use! All elements are very clear and intuitive, and if not the Primer team is quick to help with any issue no matter how small. I especially appreciate how easy it is to make documents from inventory checklists to invoices.

Nothing! Primer is a great software , I'd recommend it to any gallery or fine art business.

Romy
Gallery Assistant in VS

Romy Jankz at Voltz Clarke Gallery

5,0 vorig jaar

I recently learned how to use primer for daily inventory management, and think it is the best inventory system out there. It is easy to use, uncomplicated and quick.

There are no features that I dislike about primer.