• In totaal
    4.6/5
  • Klantenservice
    4.7/5

About Wire

Het meest veilige samenwerkingsplatform.

Meer informatie over Wire

Bruno B.
Senior Scientist
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-9-2018

"Wire use in clinical research"

Pluspunten: I'm the Principal Investigator of an NIH funded research study using Wire to deliver group therapy via text and video-calls to people with a serious mental illness. So far, participants and staff have greatly enjoyed the interface, its innovative features, and the user experience in general. In particular, the group video-conferencing feature allows for smooth and high-quality group calls from mobile devices. In summary, the software has exceeded our expectations in terms of reliability and functionality.

Minpunten: If I were to pick one area that could be improved, it would probably be the option to easily download and securely archive existing text-based group conversations, which isn't currently available. However, it is my understanding that Wire has plans to develop this feature moving forward.

• Beoordeeld op 21-9-2018
Client Services Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-1-2020

"Simple but lack features"

Opmerkingen: Great value if you only want a secure chat software this is the most robust option. But look elsewhere if you need something that has a lot of 3rd party integration or bots to help with productivity.

Pluspunten: As a chat app very simple to use and setup. UI is basically chat but nothing else. Self-destroy message makes sharing sensitive info easy. Secure voice calls and video calls quality are surprisingly high. Pricing is very competitive compare to other US rivals. Europe-based company.

Minpunten: Wire is basically just a chat software. Integrations with 3rd-party almost non-existent. Syncing between devices have issues sometimes that re-sync with new encryption key may be required. Syncing chat history takes longer time than usual.

• Beoordeeld op 1-1-2020
Natalie D.
Project Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019

"Wire is Better than Slack!!!"

Opmerkingen: Excellent experience and it is well worth the download. It is encrypted and certainly better than Slack.

Pluspunten: This is a great software for the workplace. All of my work colleagues are on Wire and we are able to communicate with each other while we are in the office and while we are at home. This software makes working from home very effortless because you can remain in constant contact with your coworkers. You can also turn off notifications from the app if you choose to install the software app on to your phone.

Minpunten: Sometimes I would like to share files on Wire that are too big. Since some of my coworkers work in the podcasting arena, they have found that sometimes when they try to share their files through wire it is just too big to send, but this has been an issue for us on many softwares.

• Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019
Samer A.
Research Director
Juridische dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

"The best we've found, but leaves a lot to be desired"

Opmerkingen: Not loving it, sometimes really frustrated by it, but it works just well enough to keep around. I don't know of any secure messaging alternatives that work any better...

Pluspunten: Our organization works with vulnerable communities and needs to be able to communicate securely so we've been looking for an encrypted alternative to Slack for some time now. Wire seemed like the closest fit in terms of the features we wanted: custom "channels" the ability to include some people outside of the org, silo'ed information, and secure group calling. It hasn't been spectacular at any of those things, but it hasn't been terrible either.

Minpunten: Wire is a pretty new product and it shows. The calls frequently drop, or some people's audio won't connect, etc. etc. Calls generally have to be limited to just a 3-4 people or the quality degrades even further. Our plan to use it as a communication tool with communities has been shelved indefinitely while we wait for some upgrades. In the meantime, our team mostly uses it text each other, which has been a significant improvement over email, but not quite as functional or intuitive as Slack channels. Nevertheless, it seems to be the best thing we've got so we're sticking with it for the time being.

Amin A.
Marketing Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

"Security and Privacy"

Opmerkingen: For now, it is a great app as it is highly recommended by a not for profit organisation that cares for personal privacy and security.

Pluspunten: Security and Privacy and ease of use. Also, the options to sign up either by phone number or an email.

Minpunten: Unsure of making bots to prevent sharing suspicious links or prohibiting calls to unknown users.

Jeffrey L.
Digital marketing specialist
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019

"Clarity of Communication"

Opmerkingen: My experience can simply defind in one word, EXCELLENT.

Pluspunten: I like wire because even you have slow connection, you can still able to talk clearly and you can hear clearly the one talked with. We usually, use Wire during the team meeting and talking with clients. If there's clarity of communication, there's no room for mistake especially when your boss relay an important instructions. That's the power of Wire in our business.

Minpunten: Maybe the least thing about wire is how they market this software. Still, majority of human race doesn't know about Wire.

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019
Tillee d. R.
Director New Business Development
Sportartikelen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-1-2020

"Can go better for Companies "

Opmerkingen: Secure communication and a trustful feeling because you company based in west europa and has phone numbers and address

Pluspunten: Works, Can handle more as one account, voice quality is great

Minpunten: No Conference video chat like (hangout), No Channel (such as Telegram) No sub groups in a group

• Beoordeeld op 20-1-2020
Zahra H.
Head of Content Strategy
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

"Secure with something amiss"

Opmerkingen: I love wire and would recommend it to everyone. Its much more secure than other apps; whatsapp and fb messenger. Perhaps being regulated by EU laws means they respect your privacy far more than American, Canadian and UK based apps. the iOS and Android app work very well and it does almost everything which whatsapp does and it even has a color drawing mode.

Pluspunten: Its definitely MORE secure than Whatsapp and Facebook messenger. I never feel that someone is listening to my conversation or reading my chat with Wire.

Minpunten: Saving video and images is a bit difficult. Sharing location is not as seamless as whatsapp... perhaps if they can add time limit, it would be cool.

• Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Manfred M.
Managing Director
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-5-2019

"Easy and secure to use communication solution for our business"

Opmerkingen: We like Wire a lot because of the end-to-end encryption, we as a hotel deal a lot with sensitive data of clients to make them feel comfortable during the stay. In order to do this we use Wire across different platforms like on desktop in the reception and on mobile with all our staff. Wire makes it easy to communicate in a modern way via messenger by not needing to think about if the data is protected well enough.

Pluspunten: Our main pros we like about Wire are the end-to-end encryption, the fact Wire offers apps for all platforms and gives us the opportunity to communicate across these. Audio quality is very good compared to other solutions or regular phone calls.

Minpunten: We noticed some bugs during our use but they also got resolved pretty fast by the team.

• Beoordeeld op 3-5-2019
Abner H.
Freelance journalist
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

"Wire"

Opmerkingen: It’s shockingly well designed. I’ve honestly considered bothering friends on Facebook messenger to switch to it.

Pluspunten: It’s a fantastic encrypted messaging app. I’ve been able to share and receive a lot of media quickly through it that’d be difficult to otherwise.

Minpunten: A lot of people I use the app to communicate with had to jump ship because they suspected the company’s new owners couldn’t guarantee the same level of security. Some still use it with me though, so that’s a mixed bag. Internet security folks more knowledgeable than me would have to weigh in.

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Head of Customer Success
  • Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018

"Wire - secure messaging platform as well as audio/video comms is finally here!"

Opmerkingen: As an early Wire (personal) adopter and a vocal supporter (I want to say Ambassador), I may be a bit biased. Still, I strongly believe everyone deserves a fully secure communication platform and there must be no compromise on that - Wire proves it's possible.
I have successfully converted more than a couple dozens users to Wire - and we never looked back.

Pluspunten: First and most of all, Wire is all about security. Full E2E encryption for all the services it provides - messaging, voice, video. There are no compromises here and if security is a top priority, you don't have to look further.
As far as I know, they are already doing some post-quantum cryptography experimenting, which is really impressive.
Did I mention they are 100% Open Source? Did I say the voice quality is absolutely fantastic?

Minpunten: Not a lot of things I can say I don't like - basically for private usage the only issue is adoption, as the competition is very hard (not that I find any of the competitors good) and most people base the adoption on the number of people already on the platform.
For business usage, I would say that it has everything that most people would want - yeah, including gifs, but it's always hard to adopt a new tool/software for the team, especially a communication platform.

• Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018
Jörg E.
Geschäftsführer
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

"Increase our productivity"

Pluspunten: We´re now faster in internal communication. We like most, that we are able to have different streams and can send layouts and easily assess ist.

Minpunten: The Mac Version (Desktop) need some updates in design und functionality.

Danna I.
Deputy Programme Director, Amnesty Tech
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-9-2019

"WIRE has been a game changer for our Program "

Pluspunten: I love WIRE because it allows our team to communicate easily and securely. We are a new team and decentralized across a lot of different countries so we needed something to replicate an 'office space' - somewhere to have quick conversations with the right people; somewhere to share files and sometimes jokes; and somewhere to share documents with easy encryption. WIRE did all of these things for us and ore.

Minpunten: Because our IT system is pretty locked down we have issues with automatic updates running smoothly in our system - resulting in a pretty much dysfunctional app. Instead we need to use the browser version.

• Beoordeeld op 4-9-2019
Natalie D.
Project Coordinator
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2019

"Excellent Alternative to Slack"

Opmerkingen: It has been a great product as something that is very similar to Slack without all of the weird publicity. Slack has seen some issues recently with identity and I think Wire has much more flexibility and integrity. I trust them.

Pluspunten: I love that this software is always up to date and helps me reach my work team at all times of the day. You can set it up through an app on your phone and always be nearby for work emergencies. I also appreciate that it is an encrypted software that allows us to have conversations without fear of it being hacked in to or stolen.

Minpunten: I think that this software could have a wider selection of gifs and images for use in conversations. I know that seems a bit silly in a work environment but many of us express ourselves through gifs and memes.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2019
Felix B.
Security Analyst
Informatiediensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019

"Wire Teams "

Opmerkingen: We are organizing a distributed Team with high expactiations to security and usability especially with regards to group text chat. These expectations were completely satisfied.

Pluspunten: - Great call and video quality
- Highly Secure Architecture

Minpunten: - UI is a bit messy, especially with lots of contacts
- Calls a are somethimes Buggy to establish, especially with multi-device usage

• Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019
Jan W.
MD
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-8-2019

"Best Messenger"

Opmerkingen: For me it is ideal for brief contacts with my patients improving their satisfaction

Pluspunten: End-to-end encryption, independency of SIM-Card, cross-platform usability, Synchronization of messages, all-in-one-backups => safety and transfer to other devices is easy, multiple accounts in one app, lack of advertisements

Minpunten: Compared to other messengers, there were no disadvantages

• Beoordeeld op 9-8-2019
Kehkeshan A.
Admin
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

"Excellent"

Opmerkingen: I had really good experience and never faced any issue. The only suggestion is if some working can be done on its price as its a bit pricey.

Pluspunten: Very easy and user friendly and easy to communicate on individual and group basis as both facilities are available.

Minpunten: A bit costly as compared to the work requirement

Office Systems Coordinator 3
Overheidsadministratie
  • Beoordeeld op 7-2-2018

"Beautiful, Easy to use, Top notch security, Messaging as it should be"

Pluspunten: Wire is a great example of well developed security messaging. The UI is beautiful and the security does not drag down the ease of use of the software. This is a prime example of engineers knowing how to balance usability and security.

• Beoordeeld op 7-2-2018
Veronica F.
Entrepreneur
Computernetwerken, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Great system"

Opmerkingen: Well I can easily contact my partners and it is clear in display.

Pluspunten: Time efficient easy to set-up and use. Very simple

Minpunten: I don't really recall anything that I am not happy with just yet.

Luka G.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2018

"Best encrypted collaboration platform"

Opmerkingen: For a regulated crypto assets exchange data privacy is of utmost importance. Wire assures us fully encrypted communication and gives us and our clients top level security.
Luka Gubo, CEO

Pluspunten: Ease of use, strong encryption, good call quality (audio and video)

Minpunten: Limited number of callers on encrypted video call

van Wire Swiss op 12-9-2018

Thank you, Luka! Increasing the number of participants in a video call is definitely something we plan to work on in the future.

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2018
Sharifah T.
Director of Operations
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-9-2018

"Review from non-profit"

Pluspunten: The end to end encryption of the platform is great. The app is super easy to use, and adding new features is building on the capabilities for our remote team structure.

Minpunten: The app seems to take up a lot of space and can slow down other software when in use. We also would love a larger group video option as it currently only allows up to 4. If we can consolidate all of our comms needs into the one platform, that would be best, but we currently have to rely on other platforms for larger conversations.

• Beoordeeld op 19-9-2018
Sam L.
Co-Founder
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-9-2018

"Wire is an actually secure messenger"

Opmerkingen: We use Wire at SiteSquad.com to chat and collaborate quickly and securely every day. It's become our go-to over email or SMS. I highly recommend it to any individual or company looking to take their communication to a higher level of security.

Pluspunten: +Encrypted chat
+File sharing
+Screen sharing
+Multi-device support

Minpunten: -Somewhat steep learning curve
-Cannot screen-share with control

van Wire Swiss op 17-9-2018

Hi Sam, thanks for the review! Please email [email protected] if you need Pro-level support, we noticed you found the support experience lacking.

• Beoordeeld op 14-9-2018
Leyniker R.
system engineer
Marktonderzoek, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-11-2018

"Great wire tool"

Pluspunten: It works very well light, safe, calls that are not cut, minimalist and pleasant interface, does not need phone number and, of course, free

Minpunten: I would only ask for a way to backup the chats and then restore

van Wire Swiss op 13-11-2018

Hi Leyniker,

Thank you very much for the positive review. Regarding backups, this is very much possible!

For Desktop: https://support.wire.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000824805-How-can-I-backup-my-conversation-history-

For Mobile: https://support.wire.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000775549-How-can-I-backup-my-conversation-history-

More information on history backup is also available on our Blog: https://wire.com/en/blog/history-backup/

• Beoordeeld op 9-11-2018
Marketer
Denktanks, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-5-2019

"Why I love using Wire for Work"

Pluspunten: Wire is a great way to contact employees about a variety of tasks. It is great because it is encrypted so you can discuss work related matters in a more secure way.

Minpunten: Wire is pretty slow and sending photos in chats.

• Beoordeeld op 9-5-2019
Roman L.
System Administrator
  • Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018

"Awesome Service, very user friendly, can be a little techie at times. Needs more features."

Opmerkingen: Secured Chat System. Quickly and Easy communicate with business staff from anywhere!

Pluspunten: Ease of use and security (Top Priority) ... User friendly and conveniently accessible across all platforms makes it a must have! Customer service has been top notch and completely transparent when it comes to service patches and more!

Minpunten: Business aspects are pretty limited with Teams currently. There are several key features that need to be created for this to be a complete business chat system.

van Wire Swiss op 3-4-2018

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that Wire's security and convenience is to your satisfaction. We are continuously adding features to improve Wire to make it a must-have business collaboration tool. We are all ears to hear what features you would like to see in the future.

• Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018