Square Payments Processing reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Square Payments Processing

Accepteer elke betaling snel, gemakkelijk en veilig met Square Payments.

Meer informatie over Square Payments Processing

1.138 reviews worden weergegeven

Cherlyn C.
Heartbreak Whisperer
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 31-8-2019

"A very feature-loaded, robust payment system"

Opmerkingen: It helps keep expenses lower, which is great when you are processing in high volume as fees do add up.

Pluspunten: Well, first, its eCommerce 2.9% fee is cheaper than Stripe's 3.4% fee for my country. That is in itself enough reason to switch over. I also love that it's not as confusing as Stripe can be. Where one can easily tell that Stripe is not a front-end tool and meant for developers, Square seems to have every solution easily in place for the tech-challenged. It's easy to set up almost anything—an eCommerce store, an iPad terminal, a register, a stand... you can even swipe and take payments on your phone using the app.

Minpunten: There seems nothing to dislike, it's cheaper and pays out much faster than Stripe!

• Beoordeeld op 31-8-2019
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"Easy to use and efficient"

Opmerkingen: Overall working with Square is efficient, easy to use, reliable and affordable.

Pluspunten: Reporting for accounting purposes has been easy and processing refunds or returns has worked well.
The ability to take payments from anywhere is greats, and you can have multiple users which works great.

Minpunten: The payment processing fees are a bit high for nonprofits, but nothing crazy above-average rates. Still, lower
then other processors.

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Kinesiologist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 31-8-2020

"Good for pop ups"

Opmerkingen: This is a great tool for anyone starting out and needs something to process payments, especially if you are mobile or doing a pop-up shop.

Pluspunten: This was an inexpensive solution for payment processing when I had a popup shop when I was starting my business.

Minpunten: The thing I liked least about the software was the percentage of a fee that Square Payments takes to process.

• Beoordeeld op 31-8-2020
Bessy V.
Multimedia Designer/Interpreter/Translator
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019

"Square: The Good and Bad"

Opmerkingen: They were my first choice in the beginning, but after the 2 disputes and how bad they handled them, I went back to PayPal. I still keep them for some of my less conventional clients (the ones who don't want to/ or can't follow a link, but rather just give me their info over the phone).

Pluspunten: It's easy to use. Your favorite device becomes your POS which is convenient especially for those of us who do work on the road. You can get instant deposit with an extra fee which is nice.

Minpunten: I don't like their customer service. You have to pay extra to be able to call their customer service number and even if you do (because I did the trial for premium service), they don't really resolve anything. I also don't like their dispute process. You get very limited time to submit your documentation proving the transaction was valid. Some paperwork takes a while to get from clients. AND...they allowed a couple of clients to dispute charges that were from the year past, which I still don't understand. The worst part of the dispute process is that they'll take the money from your account and then take forever to return it. In both my cases, I had to pay the premium service to be able to talk to customer service, which got me nowhere and then had to email the dispute team with additional information (which you're not supposed to do since they have a form you fill out through the portal). And then, if you have customer who makes purchases for the same amount...you can't do instant deposit because they'll hold the funds to make sure you're not ripping people off even though you've demonstrated to be a credible and reputable business.

• Beoordeeld op 3-10-2019
Ed P.
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 23-6-2020

"Essential for credit card transactions"

Opmerkingen: Fantastic. Not only is it helpful on a routine basis, but I can capture sales that would otherwise be elusive, whether from a person avoiding payment (they can't argue with the ease of seeing their card on my phone) or creating an online professional invoice for immediate payment by an institution.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, whether through card reader on phone or allowing easy online invoicing or easy online store setup. I especially like the prompt automatic transfer directly to my bank account and the low, or at least competitive, processing fee.

Minpunten: The contactless reader was problematic and required frequent changing, so i stopped trying to use it.

• Beoordeeld op 23-6-2020
Krystal J.
executive director
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-2-2020

"Very User Friendly"

Opmerkingen: I really like the ease of use. I literal can process a payment anywhere.

Pluspunten: I set my account up quickly. The verification process was quick and was ready to use the same day. Very easy to use.

Minpunten: Sometimes the swipe does not connect right away. Had to re-plug a few times to get it to recognize in my phone.

• Beoordeeld op 6-2-2020
Andrew F.
Designer
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019

"Start Taking Payments Today. Easy To Get Started."

Opmerkingen: Overall, for the convenience and easy of use it is hard not to recommend Square as a payment processor for small to medium size businesses. You will gain access to all the conveniences large businesses enjoy to accept credit and debit payments at an affordable rate for your low volume of use. If you are a large business with very high volume it might be worthy to investigate other options which could yield lower overall costs and fees.

Pluspunten: Square is fast and easy to setup, accepts all credit and debit cards, and pays out fast directly to your bank account. I cannot recommend Square enough for any business needing the convenience of accepting credit and debit cards.

Minpunten: Square offers many features that enhance their payment processing service. Most of these additional features add to your fees Square collects each month. It would be nice if Square offered a few more of these additional features and enhancements for free.

• Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019
None
Groothandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-2-2020

"Preferred Payment Processing Company"

Opmerkingen: I use Square as my payment processor for my Wix store.

Pluspunten: Because of my small volume of transactions, I don't get bulk discounts, but I like that I get funds deposited into my bank account faster than other payment processing companies.

Minpunten: The worst part of this software is that you pay a higher rate with less transactions, but no more or less than other processing companies.

• Beoordeeld op 18-2-2020
Greg H.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

"pretty good product"

Opmerkingen: it was good

Pluspunten: It was easy to use, the interface was nice, and setting up recurring payments (with automatic notices) was great

Minpunten: You cannot except ACH (traditional bank payments) using routing and accounting numbers, what a pain

Consultant
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

"Great Alternative to Paypal"

Opmerkingen: Square payments makes getting payments super easy and fast. With the option of same-day deposits, it blows other processors out of the water.

Pluspunten: Easy to use
Easy to setup
Can integrate with a ton of bookkeeping tools
Fees are reasonable
Can use the Square reader to process payments on the go.

Minpunten: The only con I can think of is that you can't customize the external checkout buttons as much as you can with other processors.

• Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Robert P.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019

"Square is a great option for businesses with mid to lower volume credit card payments"

Opmerkingen: Square allows us to process credit card payments without having to pay a monthly fee, and the amount we pay is a fixed percentage of credit card receipts. They are a pleasure to use.

Pluspunten: Square sets up quickly, is easy to configure and add items and service to, and produces excellent receipts for the customer. It also integrates into Quick Books for easy importing of transactions.

Minpunten: Occasionally, the card reader has problems connecting to the iPhone we use as a terminal. Even more occasionally, the phone has problems reading from the credit card swipe reader. I'm honestly not sure if this is a Square problem or an iPhone problem. It's not frequent enough to complain about overall.

• Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019
Cornelia V.
Cosmetica, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019

"The best in the town ( market )"

Opmerkingen: Very easy and have access to lots of account futures and perks. We have dedicated Android device that work perfect. Very happy with Square POS.

Pluspunten: We are using this software probably 4 years now, without any any problem.
During the time we use different devices and works 100%, without any glitch.
Square support was helping us few times to make the tings right and we are very happy in their professionalism and security of all the system.
Ohh, yea on this days the security is very important in any business when you work with Credit Cards and money. They are on the top of the game. We try few times other merchants to reduce the fees, but get back to Square for the great service and support.

Minpunten: Not real any, If the swap fees would be little lower than 2.75% probably will be great. But hay! prefer service and security first. Very important for our clients and us.

• Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019
Adeoye A.
CFO
Overheidsadministratie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-9-2019

"Easy on the go Processor"

Opmerkingen: I really liked Square. It was very easy to use and made things more efficient. Anything I needed to look up took less than a minute to find. I only needed to contact customer service once and they answered almost immediately. It was very new to us, but I don't ever remembering struggling trying to find things. I also really liked that is was online based. A lot of things we used was based off of our server, so you had to be in the office to use it. Square gave us the ability to be able to look up transactions no matter where we were.

Pluspunten: I really liked how easy it was to use and implement. We badly needed to have a way to start accepting debit and credit cards. Square helped make that transition easy. We were able to not only take electronic payments in the Finance office, but the Police station as well. It was very easy to use so even teaching people how to use the software was relatively easy. Also you could figure out things easily by just playing around on the site.

Minpunten: The only thing I did not like was that there was no option to look at all the departments when it came to transactions and reports. So like if we had 3 departments I could not just look at all the transactions for the day throughout each department. I would have to click the individual department, get what I needed, then repeat it. It made things annoying because it would take a bit longer to record transactions from Square to our accounting software

Hank P.
consultant / owner
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-9-2019

"Square - great for small businesses, and not just retail!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love Square. The ability to receive payment from practically anywhere at any time is HUGE for a small business owner. My ability to set up my clients in the address book and add their card on file saves a ton of time. I also like that only the last 4 of their credit card shows up. I do not want the burden of having all that info on file.

Pluspunten: Square is a great solution to a small business who wants to ensure they can be paid easily, regularly and without burdening their clients. I use it to receive monthly payment for my services for about 30 of my clients and it makes my life and my clients lives easier. Yes, you pay a processing fee, but it is competitive and well worth that small fee to ensure that I get paid. Plus, it only takes me a few minutes to receive payment from all those clients.

Minpunten: There are some elements of Square that are not as intuitive as they could be. Setting up a clients card on file can be tricky at times, especially if you use the web browser vs. the app. In general, use the app for EVERYTHING you do and you'll be fine. The other issue I have sometimes is the checkout process. That times a bit of time to get used to and can feel clunky. This should be easier and I believe that Square will do their part to make the updates in time. The final thing, and this is something that may not impact many people, but I use my headphones a lot. I have to be sure to remember to unplug/disconnect them before opening the Square app. If not, it thinks my headphones are the card reader and hits me with a very loud, old school fax machine connection type sound. A painful experience!

Shannon H.
Graphic Designer
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019

"Grow your business quickly"

Opmerkingen: Square eliminated the need for costly card readers from a bank. The invoice feature allowed you to add clients and track when/if an invoice was paid. Overall, Square is an amazing product that is very versatile and a small business hero.

Pluspunten: Square allows you to take secure payments anywhere. No start-up cost and low processing fees. They also offer a desktop ‘register’ that doesn’t require any software to be installed. Square gave us a professional way to take sales in the field because it eliminates the need for cash payments and gives your customers ease-of-mind when dealing with a start-up. It also provides analytics so that you can track the amount of money you have made and compare that to sales during another time-period. The invoice to email feature was also a time-saver.

Minpunten: The pre-determined processing term for funds to be released. You could utilize the paid-for early processing feature but, as a start-up, this was often out of reach. We used this service to take deposits to order client-specific materials so this additional processing time made it difficult to plan projects on occasion.

• Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Jay W.
COO
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

"Taking payment is a breeze with Square, and the integrations are great!"

Opmerkingen: Super easy to use, easy to process refunds and easy to see how you are doing (volume of business and sales averages) all due to some great reporting tools. We moved away simply because we thought we needed to find a real "business" processor -- turns out, Square is a legit business processor which zero mystery fees which makes it easier for us to predict revenue flow. Can be quite frustrating paying a high fee on the majority of your transactions, because the processor smacks you with the "reward card" designation on most transactions. Not an issue with Square, you see the rate and that is the rate you pay, no questions asked.

Pluspunten: We have used many different payment solutions over the years. Most recently we have been using Authorize.net, and while they processed payments just fine, the system is super old and can be frustrating to use. Square is not so, rather they are super easy to use and grow with. Not having to jump through hoops each year to be recertified as PCI compliant (questionnaires and network scans on our end) is really a great bonus we never even knew about before temporarily moving away. We have obviously since moved back and cannot be happier.

Minpunten: For our photography studio, the biggest drawback was just the taking of the payments, it really didn't feel as professional as it could be when we had to use our phones for large client orders. That has since become an issue in the past as they have so many options now, including the new Square Terminal which we bought and love to death! So really, the biggest flaw we had, has been resolved.

• Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019
Business Manager
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019

"Definitely Reccomend"

Opmerkingen: Unlike past credit card processing vendors, Square truly makes an effort to show its commitment to small businesses and independent contractors. Even in resolving chargebacks or disputes, Square makes it feel like they've got your back, and that they are doing all they can on your behalf. Past vendors have made it difficult for us to win chargeback disputes by not allowing adequate time to submit documentation or responses, requiring all dispute documents to be physically mailed, etc.

Pluspunten: Square is very user-friendly both as a mobile app and desktop virtual terminal credit card processing provider. Although their processing fees and rates may not be the lowest, they also don't have hidden fees and mystery surcharges (i.e., higher rates for Visa or MC rewards/miles card transactions, etc.). Furthermore, users can easily access sales reports and/or have set up to be sent to an email address automatically at user-specified intervals. Data in the reporting section is easy to read and understand. Our employees are also able to access transactions receipts, issue refunds, and include additional notes or customer details that appear on a receipt or transaction record(s).

Minpunten: Customer Feedback feature is nice, but extremely limited in terms of utility and as a small business marketing tool. Ideally, Square customer feedback would be able to integrate with other reviews or ratings websites and platforms, such as Google for Business, Yelp, Wordpress, etc. I would love to see future updates to this feature that allow customer feedback to be published to external sites or pages like Facebook or Yelp.
Virtual Terminal/online POS access for multiple users requires a subscription/pro plan, which is prohibitive for small mom-and-pop outfits like ours. Even if free accounts were allowed 2-3 additional user accounts, that would make a huge difference for internal LP and accountability tracking.

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Lillian N.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24-1-2019

"Finally a Payment Processing Solution without a major learning curve, fast and efficient, solid!"

Opmerkingen: I believe that Square is the best payment processing solution for small business. The rates are minimal and there's no month to month charge. Square as a company does not send a lot of emails to my business inbox. They know I can go to their site if I have questions. I absolutely love how I can have charged funds in my account within seconds of pushing a button to automatically transfer those funds to my local bank account. Customers are able to review my company after the purchase! Square has become an accepted payment processing solution with my customers who are very comfortable using it. If they've purchased from other retailers who use Square, their send receipt info is automatic. The moment you press the button to conclude the sale, those customers automatically get receipts. Square goes one step further for those of us who do wholesale as well as retail. I take Square on my phone with me into my wholesale stores. I am able to fill shelves as needed and invoice accordingly on my square payment processing app under the invoicing option. I can select terms and send the invoice to the store owner immediately as an email. No more having to worry about doing invoices after the fact. You can create invoices on the fly with Square Payments Processing! Are you a small businessperson looking for a great payment processing solution? Square made my sales a lot easier. No fumbling around to wait on the software in front of a customer. Easy, fast, reliable!

Pluspunten: Square is very easy to use! I am a soap and candlemaker who does a lot of farmers markets and shows and Square has made it very easy for me to accept credit cards on-the-go. For those who like to input inventory, you can do so at your laptop and simply select the products that customers are purchasing from your store or market stand shelves for ease of use. I prefer the option that lets me manually enter an amount. Tax is configured on a separate screen prior to usage. When entering in an amount to charge, the square app calculates the tax automatically. I really like the square payment processing wireless chip reader that allows me to accept credit cards that are chip enabled. Customers sign for their purchase and then indicate if they want to have a receipt sent to their email or their phone, an eco-friendly solution and a way my business cuts down on costs. I don't have to purchase receipt books! At the end of market, I push a button and the funds I charged are in my bank account within seconds!

Minpunten: Nothing. This is a win, win situation for small business!

• Beoordeeld op 24-1-2019
Lakita S.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-3-2020

"Couldn't imagine using any other processor"

Opmerkingen: We currently use square payments processing for 3 different locations and have always been able to get the assistance we needed. Recently, our developer was able to work with square to obtain access to their API for our new site. Square was helpful in giving us access for our site that allows pick up and delivery.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, quick payment turn around, helpful support and integration with other software are just a few of the pros.

Minpunten: There was a recent rate increase that initially concerned me but I was able to find a satisfactory rate by working with my Square Account Manager.

• Beoordeeld op 16-3-2020
Debbie F.
Owner-Teacher
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 9-8-2019

"I’m a Piano Teacher, Not an Accountant"

Opmerkingen: I’ve been with Square for several years, since I started teaching piano as more of a full-time profession instead of a side hobby, and overall, I’m VERY happy with them! I’m not an accountant, nor do I want to spend lots of time on the admin/financial side of my business; Square has just enough customization options and report capabilities to keep this Creative happy. I know there are cheaper payment processors out there, but I really enjoy the ease of use that Square provides along with the brand recognizability.

Pluspunten: Recurring billing and automatic reminders, all the way!! Saves me so much time & energy in sending out invoices each month to my 30+ piano families. I’m not sure why I used to dread sending out invoices each month, as it means I’ll get paid. But I very much dreaded it, and would drag my feet in sending invoices. With automatic recurring billing, I set it up once (very simple to do) and I don’t have to think about it again, until I get the email confirmation that all the invoices have gone out. Then I think about it again when I’m notified that the invoices have been paid (the best!;).

Minpunten: I SO wish I could set up and send invoices in bulk...just create a template, enter a list of email addresses, and hit send. It’s not at all difficult to create and send invoices, just a little time consuming on the front end when each one has to be set up individually.

• Beoordeeld op 9-8-2019
Scott L.
Independent Contractor
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019

"Square is the independent contractors gold standard for payment processing"

Opmerkingen: Square is great. My customers have the option to pay with a credit card, and even understand that I will upcharge them the transaction fee. With some computer skills, you can make an online store work from your own site, or using one of their templates if you don't care how it looks. Bottom line is that Square gets the job done that needs to be done.

Pluspunten: Setting up Square to accept payments through a device like an Ipad, phone, or laptop, through either swiping or manually entering information, is as easy as it gets. Highest marks for virtual terminal and checkout links, as well as snapshots of important information such as how much is the average a visitor spends, and how much is taken in for a given day. Best of all, payments to your account are very quick, with a fantastic option for instant transfer.

Minpunten: Hands down, the awful thing about Square, and the thing that could use the most improvement is the Online Store. It looks awful, isn't easy to customize, and takes a bit of knowhow to even get your product or event listed. I've used this for years and keep waiting for Square to make this something that has as much quality as the rest of their service. It doesn't look like they are interested. Also, merchant services through banks charge fees that the average small business owner can't justify.

Jyoti R.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-1-2020

"Great Option for Small Businesses"

Opmerkingen: Square Payments Processing has been great for my business. The majority of clients prefer to pay by credit or debit card and most have used Square at some point so are already familiar with it.

Pluspunten: I really like that I can sell eGiftcards through the Square software so my clients can purchase via a link from my website without having to contact me. Also, that Square is compatible and completely integrated with my booking software (MassageBook).

Minpunten: The recent change in fees has been a bit confusing. I don't think overall there has been much of a change in what I'm paying, but I have had to pay more attention to the fee part of the transaction as it is no longer as straightforward as it previously was.

• Beoordeeld op 12-1-2020
Hannah D.
Clerical Assistant
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019

"Square will likely become the universal POS app"

Opmerkingen: I really love square! I would recommend this to any business owner who wants to track their sales better and make improvements based upon those results.

Pluspunten: I LOVE square! I have been I user of this software for 3 or 4 years now at two different jobs and it has so many capabilities. I used this at a paddleboard shop and it did the trick but had way more capabilities than the business really needed. However, at the restaurant I worked at, this was everything we needed. It accepts all forms of payment (apple pay, google pay, android pay, tap-to-pay credit cards, all credit card brands if you choose, cash). The system for rining customers up takes a little while to get but after you do it is a breeze. This software is also very customizable. You can show products in a list, group them, add pictures to them, organize them how you want etc. By far the MOST thing in this system is the analytics/data piece. You can see how many of each product were sold in any particular time period, how that compares to other days/weeks, the best selling items...possibilities are endless.

Minpunten: I really don't have much to complain about with this. I've had problems with the chip reader connecting in many cases, and you also have to make sure to have very reliable wifi or else the product will not process payments.

• Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
Danielle T.
Marketing Director
Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2020

"Love...love...love Square Processing"

Opmerkingen: Selling products electronically is so simple with Square. Whether you're swiping from your telephone, iPad, or transactions being completed from your website, sales are streamlined.

Pluspunten: I love that if you're "out on the field" at tradeshows, farmers' markets, etc you can still complete orders that count toward your overall revenue. The analytics piece is awesome.

Minpunten: There had been some restrictions with some industries that made no sense. One of the brands was denied. It was nothing illegal. The processing fee could be lower.

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2020
Crystal R.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-2-2019

"Accept Payments Online or In Person"

Opmerkingen: I have been using Square since 2015. I like that I have a card reader I can plug into my phone or tablet using the phone jack. This enables me to take in person payments at craft shows that we occasionally do in the spring and summer months. In addition, I was able to set up Square to accept card payments on our website. In fact, I learned about the e-commerce platform that we utilize through a promotion from Square. I may not have learned about the platform without Square and that platform has exceeded our expectations. When I log into my account to view sales transactions on Square, I am greeted by a screen displaying a bunch of boxes. Each box contains different information I may need. Because of this, I can easily find and access the data I need. The interface is user friendly on both a desktop and mobile device. My only complaint with Square is that the inventory tracking feature seems to be faulty and has not properly integrated with my website. This results in multiple email alerts that my inventory is extremely low when in actuality it is not.

Pluspunten: I am able to use this software to accept credit and debit card payments on our website. I am also able to use this software to accept payments in person at craft shows. When logging in to my account to view sales transactions, I am able to find what I am looking for quickly due to the level of user friendliness.

Minpunten: I was able to add the inventory information for the items we sell in our online store. However, every day I receive a message telling me that my inventory is a negative amount for each item. In spite, multiple times to correct this, the inventory levels still do not match what is actually available and listed on our website. I have tried deleting the inventory from Square to start over, however, the only option appears to be deleting each item individually. We have a couple thousand items, so this is not practical.

• Beoordeeld op 23-2-2019