Square is a great payment platform for retail stores.

Beoordeeld op 12-5-2019
Craig G.
Biz Dev
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

Pluspunten: How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Minpunten: Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user friendly.

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017
Nate F.
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

Minpunten: I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019
Alex C.
Cook
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

Pluspunten: The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Minpunten: The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

Best POS system I've found

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2019
Julianne H.
Writer
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Pluspunten: Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

A great and easy way for receiving payments.

Beoordeeld op 5-7-2018
Joshua S.
Equipment Engineer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I really like how sleek, modern, and clean this method for receiving payment works. It has a very modern GUI, with large clear numbers and values as opposed to the majority of credit card readers that have much more pixelated appearances and significantly smaller font sizes in comparison. Also, the ease of the option of signing when required with a finger on a touchscreen device is better than the alternatives available today such as signing with a physical pen or a stylus for digital screens. These features save time at checkout which in turn increases efficiency, and as my time is very valuable to me, I greatly appreciate these factors that contribute to the ease of use.

Minpunten: While there is not much to dislike, I have noticed that sometimes cards are not read as easily with this software at times. While this is perhaps more a function of the hardware used to swipe or scan credit or debit cards, I have noted a bit of a trend with this when using Square with certain cards while performing with other card types have been flawless. This makes me suspicious if it is related to a software issue. Otherwise, I have no complaints about Square.

Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value.

Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018
Chace C.
Freelance graphic artist
Animatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

Pluspunten: The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

Minpunten: I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017
Tahnee E.
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

Minpunten: The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Square for small business retail

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2018
Maddie E.
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Square was a cheap way for me to reach a larger demographic of people at the markets, it adds to my business's professionalism and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pluspunten: I love the convenience of swiping a card, I love that it pays out quickly (far quicker than over my website) and it keeps peoples information from past square interactions they've done so you can send them a receipt.

Minpunten: I would love to have an offline setting so it could save the cards and charge when you reconnect. I don't always have a connection at the markets I'm working. I'm working currently with the smallest square phone connection so I also look forward to updating to the version that accepts debit cards too

A great tool for any small business

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2018
Account Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Both interfaces are very easy to use. There are many features to make your business look professional, like sending receipts via email and text and asking for feedback after a transaction. Adding line items is very easy, which is convenient for businesses that are changing prices or items frequently.

Minpunten: As much as I love this product it could definitely still use some tweaking. The biggest complaint is the fact that you are forced to buy multiple card readers for your iPad because they stop reading cards after a while which subsequently forces you to enter the card manually which you are then charged more money for.

Calling All Scout Troop Leaders: Square is great for your booth sales! (and other small businesses)

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Elena P.
Web Communications Coordinator
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm a Girl Scout Troop leader, and using Square has revolutionized our cookie booth sales. Now when someone says they don't have cash, we can give them the option to pay with a card,w which has gotten us a tom of sales we would otherwise have messed out on. We make a tiny margin on cookie sales as a troop, but Square's charges are so reasonable that it still works out very much to our benefit to use it. I highly recommend it for any kind of booth-style vendor, whether you're a troop, a church holding a bake sale or rummage sale, or a small business person vending at farmers' markets and craft fairs.

Pluspunten: Super easy to set up, easy to process payments, easy to generate receipts, and easy to track sales. Plus it's a very reasonable cost and lets you be much more accessible as a seller - no more juggling tons of loose cash!

Minpunten: It can sometimes be glitchy, and obviously only works if there's a good internet connection. I had some initial problems with my chip reader that forced me to hand-enter a lot of cards, which is time consuming. But on the plus side, that option exists for when there's a problem with the reader.

Simple to use, good interface

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2018
Jessica W.
Director of Operations
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Its very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers.
They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Minpunten: Wish there was a way to take a deposit for future orders (placed online or on the phone) so the sales are applied to the date they are picked not the day we take the payment. For advance orders, available pick up times are based on your hours of operations. Wish we could limit that depending on what is being ordered.

Square for Retail is the easiest I have ever used.

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018
Lynn F.
President / C.E.O.
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This product is perfect for my needs. Works exactly as described on their website and support (if needed) is immediate and complete. Use with confidence.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use. Quick email confirmation / almost instant at times. Fast turn around when actually getting the money into my bank account. I use it A LOT for credit card purchases over the phone (no card present). Yes, the fees are about .5% higher but always very FAST and very Reliable.

Minpunten: Nothing. I only use the remote card swiper when at a seminar or speaking engagement.

One of my core software solutions

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Matt B.
Owner/Head Roaster
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I use Square almost daily for my coffee roasting company. Its easy to use, easy to train others to use, and easy to customize for my ever changing inventory.

Minpunten: Sometimes I wish the Square app had the same functionality as the Square website. For example, invoices are easier to work with on the web vs. working with them on the app. You can't print invoices from the app, yet you can from the web interface. Just little things like that. Not huge, but minor annoyances.

Clean And Easy

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019
Van G.
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Square is great because it is universally recognized and people are comfortable using it to pay now. Overall the setup has been generally easy and straightforward. I'd definitely recommend it to any small business friends.

Pluspunten: Super easy to use. Every kind of report that you can want is available.

Minpunten: I wish that the fee was a bit lower. The switch to a blue tooth card reader has been interesting. 1/10 times that I try and connect it takes extra time which is a pain if the customer is there waiting.

Square improved my business

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018
Devora F.
Clinical Psychologist
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is beyond satisfactory. This software is a mus for any business. Quick and easy to use and works without any glitches.

Pluspunten: The software is user friendly, quick and easy. I love their simple and straight forward layout. They literally contributed to my business growing!!!!

Minpunten: I can't think of any negative thing to say, except at the beginning I had some problems that turned out to do with poor internet connection.

Square

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018
Tin W.
Photographer
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love that it's so easy to send invoices in just a second! It keeps track of your clients names and client info, services, invoices etc which is such a timesaver! I can look st a glance and know what invoices have been paid and which ones need to send again.

Minpunten: I would love there to be a way to enter services in so you don't have to type it in each time when making an invoice.

Square is saving small businesses!

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2017
Benjamin H.
Self Employed
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to use.

Pluspunten: Easy to use! Functional! Minimal time to receive critical business information. Ability to pull up current sales is just seconds behind the transactions at the retail location! Very impressive!

Minpunten: The steps that are showing up at the top of my feed for Square retail. Mobile app is par, much better to use desktop version. iPad and iPhone software make some features inaccessible.

Love love love this processing for our credit cards

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2018
Dianna C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The cost are amazing and FREE EQUIPMENT can not be beat!

Pluspunten: The FREE software and low cost processing fees are GREAT. Money gets deposited FAST and deposited by 1am the next business day. No wait. No hassel.

Minpunten: Customer Service of you need to actually talk to a human is very lacking. They want to communicate by email and as a business some times you need a human right away.

My experience with Square is a fantastic!

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2018
Owner/Entertainment Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The benefits I get from this software are the ease of receiving payments from my clients. Love the no hassle of a subscription merchant service.

Pluspunten: What I like most is nearly everything! I get emails with updates to my deposits and I love the fact that my clients never have issues paying their invoices.

Minpunten: What I like least about Square is the fact that the client's name doesn't show along with their payment. This is the biggest headache when trying to apply the merchant fees and their payment into my accounting software.

Organizing app

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2019
Yana B.
manager
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We love using this app for organizing our customer base and keeping track of invoices. Easy to use and safe as it asks for code, that is generated every 30 days.

Minpunten: not being able to connect to customer service over phone when you need urgent help. Its not available as of today. Hope it will be soon.

Love the Square, quick and easy to use!

Beoordeeld op 9-7-2018
Sales
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We love that it is very user friendly; with ease you add or delete products or services, change the pricing, update the tax, add notes, and link to your accounting systems.

Minpunten: There is not a lot that we don't like about Square. It would be nice if there was a notes section for each customer on EFT though.

Simple modern way to accept customer payments

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2018
Shelby S.
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am pleased with Square. The amount of information that Square provides is very useful and easy to access. The offline feature is also really useful. In the event that our internet is down, we can still accept customer payments.

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use. After a small amount of effort setting things up, we have a POS that is tailored to our specific needs. The rates for processing transactions are also very competitive.

Minpunten: I really have not had any issues while using Square. One time there was an update to the iPad that caused Square to not function properly. While it was an inconvenience, the issue was resolved in a timely manner.

consumer friendly, simple, straightforward

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2018
Hannah P.
Clinician
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to operate, as both a customer and a shop myself. I also really appreciate the option to email or text the receipt. This allows for everything to be green and sustainable. Also, the plug in for my electronics is so small and portable. This is a huge plus. As a customer, I trust the security of Square and have real peace of mind when paying through the software. Other online merchant software is not as trustworthy or secure.

Minpunten: There are no cons for me related to this software. I gave it five stars across the board as I feel it is the best software in its category, both is function and form.

Square makes my life easier

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2019
Tara J.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Square for Retail has made handling my business transactions so much easier. I am able to keep track of inventory as well as orders and customer info all in one place.

Pluspunten: All I have to do is enter my customer info once and Square remembers it for next time. Also, Square automatically sends invoice reminders to my customers so I don't have to.

Minpunten: The only thing that I can honestly say I don't like is that you have to have at least $25 in order to do same day deposit.

Great start for business

Beoordeeld op 29-9-2018
Andrew A.
Personal Trainer
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Helped increase profitability by allowing me to accept credit cards.

Pluspunten: I liked how easy it was to setup and connect to my bank account. The invoices made it easier to collect and the mobile app worked very smoothly.

Minpunten: At the time I was using they charged for everything. Payroll, scheduling, and any extra site features. The breakdowns on the back end weren't as thorough as quickbooks either so I switched.