Gemiddelde scores

4,7 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,4 /5

Over Square for Retail

Square for Retail biedt alle tools om vlot te verkopen met een POS, online store, voorraad, hardware en betalingen die speciaal voor detailhandelaren zijn gebouwd.

Meer informatie over Square for Retail

327 reviews worden weergegeven

Patrick S.
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020

"Square for Retail has been amazing!!"

Opmerkingen: Square for Retail does just about everything I need to do to get paid more easily

Pluspunten: Square for Retail is very simple to use, with very low fees to use it. There is no monthly charge, just pay a fee with each transaction. You can even sign up for a business card linked directly to your Square Account, so you don't have to complicate things with a transfer

Minpunten: There really isn't anything bad to say about Square for Retail. You can easily make invoices, recurring payments, even create links for donations to your company.

• Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020
Coree C.
Fashion Retailer
  • Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019

"Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!"

Opmerkingen: When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

Pluspunten: I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

Minpunten: I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

• Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Consultant
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 28-4-2017

"Less features than free version"

Pluspunten: The new inventory management could have been a great feature. However, it eliminates the ability to enter inventory manually. It has the ability to process returns, however eliminates the ability to use other functions available in the free version.

Minpunten: The retail version has less features than the free version. Inventory can only be uploaded and can not be entered manually. The upload feature does include field matching, so it is a very, very laborious to convert from another system. Customer service is virtually non existent and not available on the weekends. We use have two square stands in our retail store. We love the current square system and were excited about the retail version and willing to pay the fee for both registers. We are looking for a more robust inventory system and POS and were excited about continuing with square. The new Square App does not come close to other POS systems . Very disappointing. I hope square improves this software before we select an alternative.

• Beoordeeld op 28-4-2017
Janet M.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2020

"Great Point of sale system"

Opmerkingen: Awesome and after using two other point of sale systems we have had no issues with the system going down. Very reliable.

Pluspunten: Easy to use! Download the App and get setup. I just recently bought their Square Register and it is awesome. Customer service will help you get the right APP for your business.

Minpunten: Been using their credit card device for well over a year and have never had any issues. There isn’t one thing i don’t like.

• Beoordeeld op 13-9-2020
Craig G.
Biz Dev
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-5-2019

"Square is a great payment platform for retail stores."

Opmerkingen: This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

Pluspunten: How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Minpunten: Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

• Beoordeeld op 12-5-2019
Marc M.
Business Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 25-9-2020

"Daily User"

Opmerkingen: Totally love it. i'm happy with the features, and I'm sure that by being well funded I will continue to see new features come up, unlike software I previously used that wasn't as well funded.

Pluspunten: I enjoy easily keeping track of my customer's info, including the ability to create my own custom fields and also group customers. These features make it easy for me to note a history with a customer, aside from just their purchases. Grouping customers allows me to enter a location, find the group of customers there, and know everyones name as a result of this reference

Minpunten: I wish it were easier to transfer my client lest from other software, but thats the nature of software I guess.

• Beoordeeld op 25-9-2020
Janna W.
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-4-2020

"Square is super easy and I love it."

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's awesome, super easy to use and I love it.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it was to start taking credit cards and to use Square as my POS. It syncs to my accounting software automatically and keeps track of all my products, invoices and charges.

Minpunten: There isn't an automatic section for shipping and I have to add it manually as its own category. Not sure why they haven't built this into their invoicing platform yet even though so many people have asked about this.

• Beoordeeld op 2-4-2020
Chase M.
IT Sales
Facilitaire diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

"Great for entrepreneurs"

Opmerkingen: It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

Pluspunten: The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

Minpunten: The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

• Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Michelle L.
Volunteer and Treasurer
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-3-2020

"Square Use by Non-Profit"

Opmerkingen: We chose this software because we needed a way to take credit card payments that didn't involve opening up a web browser on a computer and hand entering in numbers. We use the readers and software to take in person payments at events. This has been such a great improvement to how we used to do it. It has sped up the registration process a lot. it has also given us an easy way to take payments for t shirts and pins at events where we could only take cash previously.

Pluspunten: This was one of the least expensive options for taking credit card payments at events. When we signed up we even got 1 credit card reader for free. (Note that you do need reader 1 fore android phones and 1 for iphones). It was very easy to sign up and we got our card readers very quickly. The software is easy to use. I like that you can have multiple users. Also, a lot of people recognize and trust square so they have no issues providing their cards for scanning.

Minpunten: We haven't used the service/software for a long enough time to encounter any major bugs. Some cards (older, worn down) have a harder time scanning than others but that is a card issue, not an issue with the scanner.

• Beoordeeld op 13-3-2020
Chad M.
Chair Elect
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24-2-2020

"Best POS for a small non-profit or business"

Opmerkingen: Great fast point of sale software that does what it does very well.

Pluspunten: This software provides the best tools for managing sales on a small scale. It is fast, easy to use,and full featured.

Minpunten: Honestly, this is one of the least expensive options out there but it would be nice to not lose the service charges from our income.

• Beoordeeld op 24-2-2020
Caleb H.
  • Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020

"Square Retail works great but the customer service is terrible"

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been a great tool and finding a better solution has been tough. I have checked numerous POS systems and I end up just staying with square. I wish they would update there new register system like the retail app. I also wish they had better customer service. Without fail every time I have contacted square they say they will have to look further into the situation and contact me back but they never do. It has happen every time I have contacted square.

Pluspunten: The software is great to do all transactions, returns and exchanges. I like the fact that it prints a barcode at the bottom of the receipt so when a customer comes back for a return we just scan the bottom of the receipt and the transaction pops right up.

Minpunten: I end up getting the new square register in hope that it would act just like the retail app for the Ipad. The fact is that square won't update the new register. It has no exchange option like the Ipad app does and you end up needing to set up both the Ipad and register. Square has known about this issue for years now. You can see the complaints on the square forum page. Square also does not have a spot for barcodes so you end up having to put your barcodes in the sku spots. The loyalty point system also has some problems. When you do a return it doesn't automatically take points back from the customer account.

• Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020
David Y.
Editor and Marketer
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019

"A Useful Solution for your eCommerce Needs"

Opmerkingen: Overall I am pleased with Square because, for my business at least, it covers most of my needs. Set up could not be easier. Simply log-in to the application and begin creating store items. You can even allocate a low inventory alert so that you will always know if your inventory supplies are dwindling. It's very easy to assign a bank account to Square and the approval process, unlike some eCommerce providers, is almost instantaneous. Setting up the seller page is also easy and Square offers a variety of templates to choose from. No programming knowledge is needed and the page is largely WYSIWYG, so there are no surprises. The site displays well across PCs, tables, and phones.

Pluspunten: Square for Retail enables you to easily create an online eCommerce store, list your products, and sell them. It's quite simple to use, and this is perhaps what is the best reason to use Square. It is particularly useful for small businesses trying to build sales via social media and other online avenues. At the same time, it is useful for brick-and-mortar stores as well. While I use it for online sales, several of my colleagues use Square in their stores.

Minpunten: A big drawback is that Square (as of the writing of this review) is unable to process payments from outside the United States. Thus, if you anticipate worldwide sales, Square may not be the best solution for your business. A second drawback is that it can be difficult to reach a live customer service representative. Unlike most companies, in which one simply phones in for service, Square requires that you first create a trouble ticket (at which point you will be assigned a case number). You then use the case number when phoning customer service. It's not horrible but in today's business world it's kind of annoying and time consuming. Square also lacks live online help, which is another downside.

• Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
Mayela L.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019

"The simplest payment processing system"

Opmerkingen: I have a small a small business and the square software works well for my needs

Pluspunten: The software is very easy to install. The pairing of the software with either the magstripe or the contactless reader is quite fast. Processing payments is a breeze and both readers can be used on the go or a set location.

Minpunten: I don’t have any problems with the software itself. It would be nice to have a better rate for card processing.

• Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Kathryn B.
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019

"Awesome Product"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

Pluspunten: I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Minpunten: Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Nate F.
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017

"I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user friendly."

Pluspunten: I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

Minpunten: I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

Alex C.
Cook
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019

"The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business"

Opmerkingen: I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

Pluspunten: The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Minpunten: The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

• Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019
Shawn B.
Small Business Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 17-11-2019

"Fantastic!"

Opmerkingen: I have been using this register for sometime now. I use it for all my transactions and even take it with me for fairs and markets. I do all my inventory with it and the barcode scanner it’s simple. I have low inventory alerts set up to remind me to reorder products. You can create a personalized customer file for each customer and track their sales. I have square loyalty which lets you set up a customer loyalty program to reward regular customers.

Pluspunten: I love how it’s so easy to use and very user friendly. I have the Square Register which has a large screen for me and a small screen in the front for the customers transaction. It is easy to add inventory by name and barcode with the barcode scanner. You can set up alerts, and I can still use it for cash transactions. I have the cash drawer accessory so it opens as soon as soon as you complete cash sale. It is basically a very advanced and convenient cash register that isn’t large and bulky.

Minpunten: The price is a little steep for small businesses. You can get the system that requires an iPad but I didn’t see the point. If you don’t have an iPad you have to purchase that in addition. I settled for the standalone register.

• Beoordeeld op 17-11-2019
Julianne H.
Writer
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-4-2019

"Best POS system I've found"

Opmerkingen: As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Pluspunten: Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

• Beoordeeld op 14-4-2019
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2020

"Square for Outdoor Retail Transactions"

Opmerkingen: Square is accessible with a low entry cost and it allows users to get into the point-of-sale with credit cards easily. Per transaction cost is expensive. Now that certain banks offer the same buffering that Square does (at one time, Square was one of only a few), I believe I would have been better off selecting a local bank to work with that has a lower per transaction fee. However, for me, the customer service really is the downfall of Square. While everything is working, all is good. Once a problem arises, it becomes dicey.

Pluspunten: If you are in an outdoor recreational type of business, Square works well because it does not require internet to complete a transactions. It's buffering capabiity provides 72 hours of time between a transaction and when it must be connected to the internet to "send" the transaction . This allowed us work near a riverbank where internet was not available and still accept credit cards. This was hugely important.

Minpunten: On one occasion, we had a transaction which billed double on the customer's credit card yet we only received payment once. Her bank directed her to us. Square's customer service was dismal. I ended up just eating the $150 transaction vs. attempting to work with them. Had I used a local bank, I think this would have been resolved with much more ease.

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2020
Joshua S.
Equipment Engineer
  • Beoordeeld op 5-7-2018

"A great and easy way for receiving payments."

Pluspunten: I really like how sleek, modern, and clean this method for receiving payment works. It has a very modern GUI, with large clear numbers and values as opposed to the majority of credit card readers that have much more pixelated appearances and significantly smaller font sizes in comparison. Also, the ease of the option of signing when required with a finger on a touchscreen device is better than the alternatives available today such as signing with a physical pen or a stylus for digital screens. These features save time at checkout which in turn increases efficiency, and as my time is very valuable to me, I greatly appreciate these factors that contribute to the ease of use.

Minpunten: While there is not much to dislike, I have noticed that sometimes cards are not read as easily with this software at times. While this is perhaps more a function of the hardware used to swipe or scan credit or debit cards, I have noted a bit of a trend with this when using Square with certain cards while performing with other card types have been flawless. This makes me suspicious if it is related to a software issue. Otherwise, I have no complaints about Square.

• Beoordeeld op 5-7-2018
Keturah S.
Executive Assistant
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-6-2020

"Simple and easy to use"

Opmerkingen: My experience with it has been very good. To the point that I have no need or desire to change it. I can save peoples data on file to make that easier for them. I can run necessary reports as needed. I could do more with it however we really don't have the need for it.

Pluspunten: I use this for 2 purposes, 1) for our synagogue's gift shop and sales 2) as an option for our members to submit their tithes and offerings. I have both the simple square reader that I can use from my iphone as well as the stabilized system that holds the ipad with the card swiper and chip reader attachment. It is just so easy to use. I also like that the funds are moved to our accounts with out me having to move it or request it to be moved. I also like that the fee is taken out first then the amount is deposited rather that the full amound being deposited and a fee taken out monthly. It just simplifies it.

Minpunten: I really don't have any complaints about it. I have used it before in my personal business and recommended it for the synagogue. There was a time that you would have had to invest in a credit card machine that was much more expensive. I am glad that something like square came along.

• Beoordeeld op 18-6-2020
Elizabeth R.
  • Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019

"Square Payments Processing is a good credit card processing system"

Opmerkingen: Square is very convenient specially attending off-site events. We were able to get it up and going at any time. Other Points of Sales software is very clunky when it comes to a mobile application. Because of the versatility and ease of use, we do recommend it for small businesses.

Pluspunten: Square is a payment processing system with supporting systems such as Point of Sale. We initially did the trial period to determine if it meets our requirements. It was very user-friendly and easy to use. The training was easy for the staff. If we had any issues, customer support from Square was always available. Sometimes we did have a short wait, but issues were always resolved.

Minpunten: Square didn't have a many features as other Point of Sales software. Reporting and analytics were pretty limited. The software did have some, but not as much as we needed. Support was available, but sometimes we had to wait to get help.

• Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019
Chace C.
Freelance graphic artist
Animatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018

"Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value."

Opmerkingen: I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

Pluspunten: The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

Minpunten: I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

• Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018
Jackie J.
LMT
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

"Easy to use for all people"

Opmerkingen: We need to be able to track which massage therapist saw which client, and with the notes section, we are able to do so with ease. We can also track commission on products that way making sure no transaction gets left behind. We also use square for our payroll. Having it all linked to one account is great!

Pluspunten: Square was very easy to navigate. It has many options to customize the software to fit any business’s needs. You can write a custom note about each transaction, making it easy to review the register at the end of the day.

Minpunten: I haven’t ran into any problems with the software. As a massage & wellness center, we often do events and need to take our ‘cash register’ with us. Square makes it easy using the same credit card reader for in house transactions or cell phones on the go. It is all tracked the same way.

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Tahnee E.
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017

"Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!"

Pluspunten: I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

Minpunten: The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.