Square for Retail

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2019
Shawn B.
Small Business Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using this register for sometime now. I use it for all my transactions and even take it with me for fairs and markets. I do all my inventory with it and the barcode scanner it’s simple. I have low inventory alerts set up to remind me to reorder products. You can create a personalized customer file for each customer and track their sales. I have square loyalty which lets you set up a customer loyalty program to reward regular customers.

Pluspunten: I love how it’s so easy to use and very user friendly. I have the Square Register which has a large screen for me and a small screen in the front for the customers transaction. It is easy to add inventory by name and barcode with the barcode scanner. You can set up alerts, and I can still use it for cash transactions. I have the cash drawer accessory so it opens as soon as soon as you complete cash sale. It is basically a very advanced and convenient cash register that isn’t large and bulky.

Minpunten: The price is a little steep for small businesses. You can get the system that requires an iPad but I didn’t see the point. If you don’t have an iPad you have to purchase that in addition. I settled for the standalone register.

A Useful Solution for your eCommerce Needs

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
David Y.
Editor and Marketer
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I am pleased with Square because, for my business at least, it covers most of my needs. Set up could not be easier. Simply log-in to the application and begin creating store items. You can even allocate a low inventory alert so that you will always know if your inventory supplies are dwindling. It's very easy to assign a bank account to Square and the approval process, unlike some eCommerce providers, is almost instantaneous. Setting up the seller page is also easy and Square offers a variety of templates to choose from. No programming knowledge is needed and the page is largely WYSIWYG, so there are no surprises. The site displays well across PCs, tables, and phones.

Pluspunten: Square for Retail enables you to easily create an online eCommerce store, list your products, and sell them. It's quite simple to use, and this is perhaps what is the best reason to use Square. It is particularly useful for small businesses trying to build sales via social media and other online avenues. At the same time, it is useful for brick-and-mortar stores as well. While I use it for online sales, several of my colleagues use Square in their stores.

Minpunten: A big drawback is that Square (as of the writing of this review) is unable to process payments from outside the United States. Thus, if you anticipate worldwide sales, Square may not be the best solution for your business. A second drawback is that it can be difficult to reach a live customer service representative. Unlike most companies, in which one simply phones in for service, Square requires that you first create a trouble ticket (at which point you will be assigned a case number). You then use the case number when phoning customer service. It's not horrible but in today's business world it's kind of annoying and time consuming. Square also lacks live online help, which is another downside.

Square Retail works great but the customer service is terrible

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020
Caleb H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been a great tool and finding a better solution has been tough. I have checked numerous POS systems and I end up just staying with square. I wish they would update there new register system like the retail app. I also wish they had better customer service. Without fail every time I have contacted square they say they will have to look further into the situation and contact me back but they never do. It has happen every time I have contacted square.

Pluspunten: The software is great to do all transactions, returns and exchanges. I like the fact that it prints a barcode at the bottom of the receipt so when a customer comes back for a return we just scan the bottom of the receipt and the transaction pops right up.

Minpunten: I end up getting the new square register in hope that it would act just like the retail app for the Ipad. The fact is that square won't update the new register. It has no exchange option like the Ipad app does and you end up needing to set up both the Ipad and register. Square has known about this issue for years now. You can see the complaints on the square forum page. Square also does not have a spot for barcodes so you end up having to put your barcodes in the sku spots. The loyalty point system also has some problems. When you do a return it doesn't automatically take points back from the customer account.

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Coree C.
Fashion Retailer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

Pluspunten: I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

Minpunten: I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Less features than free version

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2017
Consultant
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The new inventory management could have been a great feature. However, it eliminates the ability to enter inventory manually. It has the ability to process returns, however eliminates the ability to use other functions available in the free version.

Minpunten: The retail version has less features than the free version. Inventory can only be uploaded and can not be entered manually. The upload feature does include field matching, so it is a very, very laborious to convert from another system. Customer service is virtually non existent and not available on the weekends. We use have two square stands in our retail store. We love the current square system and were excited about the retail version and willing to pay the fee for both registers. We are looking for a more robust inventory system and POS and were excited about continuing with square. The new Square App does not come close to other POS systems . Very disappointing. I hope square improves this software before we select an alternative.

Easy to use for all people

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Jackie J.
LMT
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We need to be able to track which massage therapist saw which client, and with the notes section, we are able to do so with ease. We can also track commission on products that way making sure no transaction gets left behind. We also use square for our payroll. Having it all linked to one account is great!

Pluspunten: Square was very easy to navigate. It has many options to customize the software to fit any business’s needs. You can write a custom note about each transaction, making it easy to review the register at the end of the day.

Minpunten: I haven’t ran into any problems with the software. As a massage & wellness center, we often do events and need to take our ‘cash register’ with us. Square makes it easy using the same credit card reader for in house transactions or cell phones on the go. It is all tracked the same way.

Easy and efficient

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2019
Kristen B.
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Organizing all products sold, in stock, and custom orders.

Pluspunten: I can keep my sales, products, and inventory in one place. No problems every occur when using. Great software which helps me keep our business organized.

Minpunten: I haven't encountered any problems. Everything is working efficiently like it should. It even gives suggestions.

Square - Useful for Churches as Well!

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2020
Steve C.
Youth Pastor
Religieuze instellingen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have used Square to help facilitate receiving CC payments from our "customers" in both our church's coffee shop and book resource center, and it has been great! I would definitely recommend this to any church trying to open a coffee shop or book resource center of their own.

Pluspunten: I appreciate how Square has so easily integrated into our church's in-house coffee shop and also our church's book resource center (like a small book store). Square just makes the running of our coffee shop and book resource center so EASY!

Minpunten: The only drawback that I can see is that, in our church, we have a population of individuals who may be unfamiliar with the idea of swiping a credit card through a device attached to an iPad... I can see how the "newness" of this tool might be daunting to some individuals (and thus potentially hinder them from using it), but on the whole, this is a very SMALL concern. So far, the "pros" have FAR outweighed the "cons"!

Great product!

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020
Amy F.
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would definitely recommend this product to somebody just for the ease-of-use alone! If you are a crafter or a small business owner who travels and has a booth instead of brick and mortar for a store I highly recommend this product for easy travel! Or even if you are a store that has brick and mortar it is so easy to add and change your inventory but I also highly recommend this product for you!

Pluspunten: I love using my square register for my retail as a crafter and a writer. I go around to craft shows to sell my books and my products and I use Square all the time. It is a great product because it is so easy to use and I can use it right on my phone which makes it even simpler so I don't have to log a laptop or another credit card processing system with me.

Minpunten: The only problem I have with this product is the fact that the percentages for the processing fees keep going up. Not making very much as a crafter or a writer every penny counts. I wish there was a way to minimize the processing fee .

Square for Retail makes life simplier

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019
Tammy W.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Square enables me to be able to sell remote without having to add pricey equipment.

Pluspunten: We have used Square in our retail location for over 2 years now. We also utilize the system for mobile sales. We love being able to use one system for both. Square doesn't require extensive training and is self explanatory.

Minpunten: I would love to be able to text our customers to broadcast announcements, sales, etc. This is currently not an option which requires us to have additional third party software.

Square is a great payment platform for retail stores.

Beoordeeld op 12-5-2019
Craig G.
Biz Dev
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

Pluspunten: How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Minpunten: Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

The simplest payment processing system

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Mayela L.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have a small a small business and the square software works well for my needs

Pluspunten: The software is very easy to install. The pairing of the software with either the magstripe or the contactless reader is quite fast. Processing payments is a breeze and both readers can be used on the go or a set location.

Minpunten: I don’t have any problems with the software itself. It would be nice to have a better rate for card processing.

Awesome Product

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Kathryn B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

Pluspunten: I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Minpunten: Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user friendly.

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017
Nate F.
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

Minpunten: I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019
Alex C.
Cook
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

Pluspunten: The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Minpunten: The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

Great for entrepreneurs

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Chase M.
IT Sales
Facilitaire diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

Pluspunten: The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

Minpunten: The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Best POS system I've found

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2019
Julianne H.
Writer
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Pluspunten: Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

A great and easy way for receiving payments.

Beoordeeld op 5-7-2018
Joshua S.
Equipment Engineer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I really like how sleek, modern, and clean this method for receiving payment works. It has a very modern GUI, with large clear numbers and values as opposed to the majority of credit card readers that have much more pixelated appearances and significantly smaller font sizes in comparison. Also, the ease of the option of signing when required with a finger on a touchscreen device is better than the alternatives available today such as signing with a physical pen or a stylus for digital screens. These features save time at checkout which in turn increases efficiency, and as my time is very valuable to me, I greatly appreciate these factors that contribute to the ease of use.

Minpunten: While there is not much to dislike, I have noticed that sometimes cards are not read as easily with this software at times. While this is perhaps more a function of the hardware used to swipe or scan credit or debit cards, I have noted a bit of a trend with this when using Square with certain cards while performing with other card types have been flawless. This makes me suspicious if it is related to a software issue. Otherwise, I have no complaints about Square.

Square Payments Processing is a good credit card processing system

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019
Elizabeth R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Square is very convenient specially attending off-site events. We were able to get it up and going at any time. Other Points of Sales software is very clunky when it comes to a mobile application. Because of the versatility and ease of use, we do recommend it for small businesses.

Pluspunten: Square is a payment processing system with supporting systems such as Point of Sale. We initially did the trial period to determine if it meets our requirements. It was very user-friendly and easy to use. The training was easy for the staff. If we had any issues, customer support from Square was always available. Sometimes we did have a short wait, but issues were always resolved.

Minpunten: Square didn't have a many features as other Point of Sales software. Reporting and analytics were pretty limited. The software did have some, but not as much as we needed. Support was available, but sometimes we had to wait to get help.

Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value.

Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018
Chace C.
Freelance graphic artist
Animatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

Pluspunten: The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

Minpunten: I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017
Tahnee E.
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

Minpunten: The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Square for small business retail

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2018
Maddie E.
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Square was a cheap way for me to reach a larger demographic of people at the markets, it adds to my business's professionalism and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pluspunten: I love the convenience of swiping a card, I love that it pays out quickly (far quicker than over my website) and it keeps peoples information from past square interactions they've done so you can send them a receipt.

Minpunten: I would love to have an offline setting so it could save the cards and charge when you reconnect. I don't always have a connection at the markets I'm working. I'm working currently with the smallest square phone connection so I also look forward to updating to the version that accepts debit cards too

A great tool for any small business

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2018
Account Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Both interfaces are very easy to use. There are many features to make your business look professional, like sending receipts via email and text and asking for feedback after a transaction. Adding line items is very easy, which is convenient for businesses that are changing prices or items frequently.

Minpunten: As much as I love this product it could definitely still use some tweaking. The biggest complaint is the fact that you are forced to buy multiple card readers for your iPad because they stop reading cards after a while which subsequently forces you to enter the card manually which you are then charged more money for.

Calling All Scout Troop Leaders: Square is great for your booth sales! (and other small businesses)

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Elena P.
Web Communications Coordinator
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm a Girl Scout Troop leader, and using Square has revolutionized our cookie booth sales. Now when someone says they don't have cash, we can give them the option to pay with a card,w which has gotten us a tom of sales we would otherwise have messed out on. We make a tiny margin on cookie sales as a troop, but Square's charges are so reasonable that it still works out very much to our benefit to use it. I highly recommend it for any kind of booth-style vendor, whether you're a troop, a church holding a bake sale or rummage sale, or a small business person vending at farmers' markets and craft fairs.

Pluspunten: Super easy to set up, easy to process payments, easy to generate receipts, and easy to track sales. Plus it's a very reasonable cost and lets you be much more accessible as a seller - no more juggling tons of loose cash!

Minpunten: It can sometimes be glitchy, and obviously only works if there's a good internet connection. I had some initial problems with my chip reader that forced me to hand-enter a lot of cards, which is time consuming. But on the plus side, that option exists for when there's a problem with the reader.

Simple to use, good interface

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2018
Jessica W.
Director of Operations
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Its very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers.
They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Minpunten: Wish there was a way to take a deposit for future orders (placed online or on the phone) so the sales are applied to the date they are picked not the day we take the payment. For advance orders, available pick up times are based on your hours of operations. Wish we could limit that depending on what is being ordered.